Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, DanaK said:

Jackie Zeman (Bobbie) has died :(. More info in the Media topic

Just read about it in the NYDN. The second I saw her picture figured out exactly what the reason was. Father Time is a real SOB. Really sad about it.

And other than Laura who is/was a Spencer by marriage, there's no one left from that Legacy family now that doesn't suck. Yes, I'm talking about about you Carlys and Stupid Little Shit.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Sonny already said discrediting the tipper was important.  It's not, really.  Not unless the only evidence of the insider trading was Nina's say so, and that's not going to be the case here. 

Yeah, I mean if you could prove that they fabricated evidence, or something, or even that they had opportunity, or means to fabricate evidence, then the tipster would be relevant.  Otherwise, not so much.

59 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

And other than Laura who is/was a Spencer by marriage, there's no one left from that Legacy family now that doesn't suck. Yes, I'm talking about about you Carlys and Stupid Little Shit.

Aiden?  Charlotte?  She's had her moments, but I think she's grown up a bit.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, lala2 said:

She was a great actress, but I cannot forget the cringiness of that kiss w/Cameron. It's burned in my memory.

I feel the exact same.  Loved her, but that kiss was just BAD.  I can’t ever forget that level of second hand embarrassment, ha!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:
20 hours ago, db1702 said:

So I am pretty new to watching started  watching last summer.

Oh, sweetie! Why did you do this to yourself.

I don’t know what’s more masochistic…just recently starting the show or hanging in there for nearly 30 odd years (I’m in the oldster camp 😉)

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
16 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I don’t know what’s more masochistic…just recently starting the show or hanging in there for nearly 30 odd years (I’m in the oldster camp 😉)

I watched in the late 70s/early 80s then stopped for years. Tuned back in for the Luke/Laura divorce and then again with the monkey virus. I’ve been in and out but fairly steadily in for the last 10+ years. Still don’t know why…

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
32 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

The answer is all of the above.

• LOL 7

Dante: I know how much Willow means to you
Me: she should mean less than nothing.

Trina: I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Spencer. 
Portia's head explodes. I cackle

Maxie is spreading it on thick - Gladys shuts it down. 

Madam Woo has no time for Cody [me either]. and shuts him down pokerwise.

Tracy wants BLQ to be a corporate spy for her

Trina wants the DNA test but tells Taggert she'd always be his daughter. #KeepTrinaTaggerts

Austin, and Esme were pulled out of the closet. 

you know. Hatman can still be your grandfather, and Stella your aunt without blood. just sayin

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

“I don’t have wrinkles; I have character”. - Tracy Quartermaine 👏🏻👏🏻

Corporate espionage? I can’t even remember what beauty stuff ELQ has. Whatever…

Sofia Mattsson looks so gorgeous. I hope they’re not setting her character up for a fall. Let her go on a prolonged cruise, show. That woman has suffered enough.

Such good scenes with Trina and Taggart. I enjoy TA’s work with her screen mom and dad the best.

Although I’m happy to see the baby rabies coming down a notch, I didn’t appreciate Spencer being so cool to Trina.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
Just now, Desperado said:

Although I’m happy to see the baby rabies coming down a notch, I didn’t appreciate Spencer being so cool to Trina.

i honestly took it as him reading the room. Portia looked like she was going to knife him so if he was all swoony over her it might actually have happened

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I'll take a seat at that table with you. I was home sick from elementary school and saw the very first episode in '63, just by coincidence. I happened across it on and off in college because my roommate was a fan, but really didn't care too much about it. Then, I happened to be at a friend's house who had to watch the day that Luke was supposed to marry Frank Smith's daughter, kicking off the "Summer on the Run" arc, and got hooked. I've asked myself "why" a  lot of times. I watch now, but lots of times I'm also playing mindless video games on my phone and only look up if something interests me. (Like giant baby Ace, one of the most placid babies in the world.  He must really like the actress who plays Esme. He seemed happy to be held by her today.)

• Like 2
  • Love 7

I'd give today's episode a C-, which sadly makes it one of the better episodes of the week.

Dante: "Things are looking up now that Drew is back with Obrecht." Yes, it's all about Drew. Not about Obrecht who is the one donating her bone marrow and who just survived a harrowing kidnapping by a psychopath.

Portia to Laura: "Let me take you to pediatrics."  Portia, Laura was on the hospital board long before you joined the staff not to mention she's taken two children and multiple grandchildren that. I think that she can find her way there on her own.

Also Portia, how about apologizing to Taggart, not just everyone but Taggart.

Chase to Dante: Didn't Cody's friendship with Britt Westbourne involve jewellery too?  (How stupid is the PCPD? Wanting your family's inheritance of a necklace is not the same as stealing a bracelet.)

Gladys, you control Sasha's money, you don't control her.

"I don't have wrinkles, I have character... This way you can have music and health insurance"  More Tracy please.

"Let's find out. As luck would have it, I have him on speed dial."  After this week, Brook Lynn definitely deserves to be blackmailed. But it's for such a stupid reason.

Oh god, the WSB wants to recruit Curtis. No wonder the agency is such a mess.

I can't believe that the Cody/Selena scenes are some of the best parts of the episode. This show has become so awful, even Cody has become a good thing.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, DanaK said:

Jackie Zeman (Bobbie) has died :(. More info in the Media topic

This news breaks my heart. So few legends from GH's heyday are left now. What a terrible loss.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Best moment of the episode, the look on Baby Ace's face when Genie pulled the lollipop out of her pocket.  HIs eyes followed it from Genie's hand to Nicholas' hand to him putting it his pocket.  Also, the baby's reaction to Esme/Avery, he seemed so happy to see her again.  

28 minutes ago, Daisy said:
29 minutes ago, Desperado said:

i honestly took it as him reading the room.

Me too.  Portia was shooting daggers plus he wouldn't want to give Esme ammo.  

• Like 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Chase to Dante: Didn't Cody's friendship with Britt Westbourne involve jewellery too?  (How stupid is the PCPD? Wanting your family's inheritance of a necklace is not the same as stealing a bracelet.)

Eh. It's not like he's wrong. Chase doesn't know that Mac is Cody's father, but Dante does. And Cody was around Britt for a while because he wanted the necklace. He lied about the DNA test because he's a thirsty bitch.

Edited by YaddaYadda
48 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Austin, and Esme were pulled out of the closet. 

It was definitely weird that Esme wasn’t on once the Ice Princess 2 story got going and Ace got kidnapped. It’s like they decided to send the actress on vacation after the Ryan story finished

Baby Ace with Esme was adorable

• Like 6
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Oh god, the WSB wants to recruit Curtis. No wonder the agency is such a mess.

I was really excited for a moment, thinking that Curtis would have to leave town to get trained and then assigned. But those hopes were dashed almost immediately.

And Curtis . . . If the WSB wants you to work more or less free-lance, you should be thinking that they consider you disposable. 

• LOL 5

I got hooked by OG Frisco and Felicia but then left for awhile, watched Another World more. Then F&F 2 got me in again. I thought I would quite when TWOP boards closed but you guys dragged me back in! I blame all of you😉  and PVRS

I never really got Sasha as "the face of Deception " until now,she us looking absolutely stunning even if she does have to hide behind counters and laptops.

I am in the bush,so will have to wait for mother/giant baby reunion.

• Love 1

Oh boy, I feel like Sasha's going to have another breakdown to give SM (who is looking amazing) maternity break.

The WSB wants Curtis? Without Laura he probably would've been as useless as Drew was.

Spencer patting Trina, for now I'll write it off as not knowing what else to do considering her parents dislike him and real Esme hates Trina.  Giant Baby Ace seems to be having a ball with everyone. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

The WSB wants Curtis? Without Laura he probably would've been as useless as Drew was.

I disagree.  Curtis punched out a bunch of guards and got the kids off the boat.  Then went back to the bunker in time to shoot the guy who was about to shoot Anna.  Drew did nothing including knocking Liesl down and letting Victor run off with the pathogen.  

• Like 4

What was the name of the beauty device Deception wants to launch? The Decepticon?  Whatever it was, I would never trust any device, beauty or otherwise, based on the word "deception".

No Carly, Michael, Willow or Joss? This episode was a win for me.

And Tracey's "I don't have wrinkles. I have character." is my new motto.

• LOL 7
On 5/10/2023 at 10:10 AM, statsgirl said:

The ratio however, pointing out that Nina did not actually commit a crime but Drew and Carly did, was glorious.

Unfortunately it won't make any difference to Frank and the writers, especially not since they got so many Emmy noms.

Although it’s not like 40 years ago when there were 20 soaps on the air.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 5/10/2023 at 10:34 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

I want Ned to press charges against Doofus. 

9 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

After all the yelling and screaming at the Quartermaine mansion, I got a horrible thought - what if Monica leaves the house to Olivia when she dies?

No! Just fucking no.  She should leave it to Nina.  Just to fuck with Carly.

On 5/10/2023 at 10:43 AM, CeChase said:

I really wonder if he isn't trolling for attention.  Like, as long as people are tweeting about GH, he doesn't give a shit?

What would be really funny (and I would give the writers a thumbs up for a change) is if after all this hyperventilating about who turned them in, that some pissed of random shareholder best Nina to the punch and had already tipped the SEC off weeks earlier.  Which could lead to Drew being drummed out of Aurora and bankrupted by a class action suit from the Aurora shareholders that he totally screwed over.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

Yeah, I mean if you could prove that they fabricated evidence, or something, or even that they had opportunity, or means to fabricate evidence, then the tipster would be relevant.  Otherwise, not so much.

Aiden?  Charlotte?  She's had her moments, but I think she's grown up a bit.

Sonny is a dumbass.  Carly made the trade when she made the trade.  SheBeast and Drewfus should cop a plea, pronto.

• Like 6

I just realized something: At the time, I was kind of put off by the Spencer women welcoming Willow into their little sorority before the wedding. Now with the knowledge of Jackie Zemon's illness and death, I wonder if it was in part written to highlight Bobbie once more. 

• Useful 2

Brooklyn brought up Bailey, which made me remember Bailey. Has anyone seen that baby since she went back to Maxie? Maxie was all about the baby and needing her, now Bailey's gone to never be seen.

Why are we stuck with Gladys. .

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

As someone mentioned either in this thread or the media thread, GH could do a tribute episode with flashbacks of Bobbie and various cast members who worked with her doing talking heads of what Jackie was like in real life. Then they could do the same for Alan Quartermain/Stuart Damon, since he never got his fair tribute. Sonya Eddy had a nice memorial so I don't know if there is enough material to do another one for her, but it would be okay if they wanted to. There might be others I have overlooked who would also be deserving.  This would be a way to fill some episodes during the writers' strike. 

Brilliant! I love this idea. I would LOVE to see this.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

What was the name of the beauty device Deception wants to launch? The Decepticon?  Whatever it was, I would never trust any device, beauty or otherwise, based on the word "deception".

The deceptor.
which is equally as stupid.

• Like 3

I was reminded yesterday how (relatively) enjoyable I can find an episode without the Carlys.  

Tracy engaging BL to steal trade secrets is a potentially interesting twist, though I’m wondering if it’s just a path to have Tracy skip out of town when JE’s run ends.  Didn’t they do “corporate espionage” fairly recently?  

I was hoping Sasha’s return to TV pitching would be some sort of triumphant return and end of the conservatorship storyline.  Alas, the Gladys end of that story seems to have more runway so guessing like others that Sasha has an on-air breakdown to lead into SM’s maternity leave.  

Selina captured my feelings about much of the previews beautifully: “I simply don’t care.”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

The new deception product sounds like  a transformer. 

How come deception only .has 4 employees? 

Is maxies  cold a syptoym of a life threatening illness? The writers like to.give characters  terminal illness. 

Edited by ljr
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I know this won't happen, because soaps gotta soap. But, Brooklyn should really just tell Chase that she asked Tracy for help and not spy on her friends to cover up the fact.

8 minutes ago, ljr said:

Is maxies  cold a syptoym of a life threatening illness? The writers like to.give characters  terminal illness.

I feel like in this case it's just so that she needs Sasha to go on TV for her. Too bad Tracy didn't blackmail Brook a week earlier.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

After all the yelling and screaming at the Quartermaine mansion, I got a horrible thought - what if Monica leaves the house to Olivia when she dies?

I think she would most likely leave it to Michael, or possibly Drew.

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, Daisy said:

The deceptor.
which is equally as stupid.

Yes, I’m also just cluing in on how ridiculous it is to name a beauty products company “Deception”. No wonder they’re always in trouble.

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Yes, I’m also just cluing in on how ridiculous it is to name a beauty products company “Deception”. No wonder they’re always in trouble.

right? like i'm walking down the beauty aisle in ABC-Soap Land, and I see

"Fusion" okay pretty and sassy. 
"Enchantment" ooh okay. 
and then "Deception." 

Truthfully i'm leaning towards Fusion for day and Enchantment for night.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I really hope they didn't recast Kristina so they could do a surrogate story for TJ and Molly.  Let her do something other than being a baby incubator.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

So, let me get this straight.  the delivery that Michael has evidence for (and isn't going to use0, is actually a covert government shipment?  Sounds like something that would get swept under the rug anyway.

• Like 2

Drew: who literally spit on ned and the q name 2 days ago 
"Oh I can just use the Q resources to get me out of trouble'

oh shut up and die, Drewfus

• Like 2
  • Applause 10

I feel nothing for Dex. The job was always messy. It was a son wanting to take down his dad for the silliest of reasons. Dex should have thought about that BEFORE signing up! At any time, Michael could have changed his mind, which he already did! Dex had to talk Michael into proceeding with the plan a few months ago! Did dummy Dex forget that? Why he thought this was a slam dunk is beyond me? Also, he should have never let himself get attached to his target’s step-daughter. That was just plain dumb. And why is he not worried about Pikeman? I see all this concern about Sonny but wouldn’t Pikeman and his ppl find out Dex was the mole? Wouldn’t Pikeman’s ppl kill Dex for getting their boss locked up?!?! He acts like Sonny was getting arrested, and he was going live happily ever after!!  Did he not think Sonny could get him from prison?!?! Dex is a moron, and his problems are of his own making! 

Scotty needs to move on from Liesl. I like them together but I don’t like her blaming him (or Elizabeth) for her daughter being dead. It doesn’t even make sense. How would revealing Esme sooner have prevented Britt’s death?!?!? Heather still would have hooked her. Scotty has apologized enough, IMO. 

I wish Nina would own what she did. That would be more interesting. 

Glad Diane finally told them to get separate attorneys. How did these dummies not think of this themselves?!? They are in their 50s and have dealt with the criminal world before! 

I only started watching at 2:20 so I thankfully missed Cary/mini-Carly chatting. I muted Josslyn/Willow. 🙄 I guess we get no breaks from Willow! Argh!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Scotty needs to move on from Liesl. I like them together but I don’t like her blaming him (or Elizabeth) for her daughter being dead. It doesn’t even make sense. How would revealing Esme sooner have prevented Britt’s death?!?!? Heather still would have hooked her. Scotty has apologized enough, IMO. 

actually, i get the point here. the police was using a lot of resources to find esme because they thought she was the hook. Had Liz told them that Esme couldn't have been because you know, she was locked in the tower they could have figured out another suspect sooner, potentially figuring it out it was Heather sooner.

as for Dex he was always an idiot - but I honestly don't blame him for being pissed off at Michael,  but if he died tomorrow i wouldn't shed a tear

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, lala2 said:

the reasoning, right or wrong, was that the police were focusing on Esme and had they known she wasn't the killer, they would have caught the killer. 

I would blame Heather first, obviously, then Joss (not that i think she knows it was Joss) for being a stupid moron walking out on the docks at night by herself when she knew someone was targeting those close to trina.  then the guards at pinehurst or whatever the place is that Heather was just able to waltz in and out of.  IMO, Liz is pretty far down the list of those responsible for Britt's death.

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

as for Dex he was always an idiot - but I honestly don't blame him for being pissed off at Michael,  but if he died tomorrow i wouldn't shed a tear

I have a question.  Dex recorded the transaction and then sent it to michael on his phone, right  Doesn't that mean, he can turn Sonny in himself?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Oh, no! Dex might have to remain in Sonny's employ to stay close to Joss which is bound to make her super unhappy. On the other hand, they have a lot of Sonny ground to cover for their foreplay.

I hate Drew. When he said that he and Carly could stand against the world together, I started hoping that Jason would come around the corner, that Carly would shove Drew out of the way running to Jason.

• LOL 13

Ava is the star of today's episode, truth-telling to Nina to not confess turning Carly and Drew in to the SEC. No reason to, let the SEC decide. While Liesl is donating bone marrow to Willow, can she also donate some backbone to Nina? Carly was never going to make peace so stop blaming yourself for the hate Carly has for you.

Joss slobbering all over Drew that he save Obrecht's bone marrow for Willow.

Willow looks resentful that Obrecht wants to actually talk to her and still being a bitch about Nina. Lots of energy for Joss though. 

Could Willow's sapphire be any bigger? Conspicuous consumption.

"Tell me, does it annoy you when people assume you're fragile or do you use it to your advantage to get them to underestimate you?" Liesl teaching Willow to see how to use her power rather than pretend to be good and really be bad as the Carlys are.

"Their main client is the US military"  So Blackwater then.

Michael decides not to turn Sonny in because Willow has such a big heart (wrong!), Dex is crushed because he can't be with Joss. The show is really desperate to make Joss/Dex into something I care about, Too bad it's a fail.

Plot contrivance for Nina: Obrecht tell Scott that even though she thought of him when she thought she was going to die, she still can be with him because his support of Liz hurt her family.

These people are boring.

13 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I have a question.  Dex recorded the transaction and then sent it to michael on his phone, right  Doesn't that mean, he can turn Sonny in himself?

It occurred to me that he would so that he could stay with his True Love Joss. But then he would really be in trouble with Michael.

• Like 8
(edited)

But were PCPD patrols called off because Esme was the presumed killer? Had they been patrolling the docks but Jordan pulled them back or something? I’m just trying to figure out how Liz is to blame for Britt dying. If the PCPD hadn’t thought Esme was the killer, what would have changed? How would that knowledge have prevented Britt’s death?

If patrols were pulled back or called off completely, it would make sense to me but that doesn’t seem to be the case. No one knew where Esme was so there should have been an increased police presence, right?!?

Edited by lala2
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 5/11/2023 at 2:41 PM, perkie1968 said:
On 5/11/2023 at 2:10 PM, Desperado said:

i honestly took it as him reading the room.

Me too.  He was being respectful.

22 hours ago, Blackie said:

I got hooked by OG Frisco and Felicia but then left for awhile, watched Another World more. Then F&F 2 got me in again. I thought I would quite when TWOP boards closed but you guys dragged me back in! I blame all of you😉  and PVRS

Ohh I loved Felicia and Frisco.  I loved them during the BJ’s heart story.  Frisco was such a hottie.

4 hours ago, Desperado said:

I’ve always hated the name.  I hope instead of breakdown 2.0 Sasha decides to say “fuck it” to everyone who’s done her wrong and go on a months long luxury cruise or something while SM is on maternity leave.  I want her to be living her best life somewhere off screen, not in an asylum somewhere.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

right? like i'm walking down the beauty aisle in ABC-Soap Land, and I see

"Fusion" okay pretty and sassy. 
"Enchantment" ooh okay. 
and then "Deception." 

Truthfully i'm leaning towards Fusion for day and Enchantment for night.

This while you’re on your way to pick up your trusted local newspaper, The Invader.

• LOL 9
On 5/11/2023 at 12:54 PM, Katy M said:
On 5/11/2023 at 11:55 AM, Winston Wolfe said:

Aiden?  Charlotte?  She's had her moments, but I think she's grown up a bit

We see them so little I forgot they even exist LOL! On a serious note, I'm only 10 years younger than JZ and her passing had made me a little bit more aware of my own mortality.  As Dr. Soran once said, "Time is the fire in which we burn."

• Hugs 3
  • Love 2