Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

On 4/3/2023 at 11:33 AM, mostlylurking said:

Steve was a completely different exit, he praised his coworkers and didn’t burn any bridges.  I hope he doesn’t return because there doesn’t seem to be a place for him anymore, but I think if he wanted to they would hire him back.

The only way I will accept a Jason return is if he brings Britt back with him. (And even then, it would be a hard sell.)

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 4/1/2023 at 11:26 AM, Blackie said:
On 4/1/2023 at 9:09 AM, nilyank said:
On 3/31/2023 at 2:59 PM, Gam2 said:

Will someone please buy a stroller for Ace? This is just stupid.

He is going to be walking soon so he won't really need it.

Yep. He'll be walking to his job as a Long Shore man on the Docks.

• LOL 3

WOW. I think I’ve seen most of the Nurse’s Balls in the past. Many of them were cringe inducing with a highlight here and there. This one is almost impossible to watch. What the hell was that mess with Joss and Trina?  Of all of the songs they could have chosen, why that one? And it went on forever. And was so auto tuned, they didn’t sound human. I keep having to mute.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I’m going to fanwank that Lucy was right and she’s the only one who can plan the NB because this one is so lackluster. So far, all I’m getting is cheap looking and boring 

• Like 8

My random thoughts;

* Marked safe from Milo's Magic Wands today.

- - - - - - 

I thought the nursing staff's opening number was pretty good. However, I was disappointed in the size of the crowd. Since such a big deal was made about this being GH's 60th anniversary, it's too bad someone couldn't spring for some CGI to make the room and audience appear larger, or even encourage all the production crew to have their families fill in as nonspeaking bodies in the background. They definitely paid for some dancers. 

Speaking of dancers, I don't think I've ever liked seeing FH dance. I know she has a background as a dancer, but she's never looked entirely at ease when she's performed (on GH, anyway). 

Finally, Lucy became really annoying today. Will she have any guilt over Valentin being shot?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, rur said:

However, I was disappointed in the size of the crowd. Since such a big deal was made about this being GH's 60th anniversary, it's too bad someone couldn't spring for some CGI to make the room and audience appear larger

And they have Sasha appear to be looking out over a crowd of thousands trying to spot Gladys when all she has to do is go out in the hallway in front of the toilets.

• LOL 8
On 4/4/2023 at 3:43 PM, Blackie said:

I laughed at Spencer asking for the status update from Trina, he was so Cousin Greg (Succession)

OMG!!!!!   I kept wondering why his doofus look was so familiar.  AND THAT'S IT!  LOL.  

• LOL 1
On 4/3/2023 at 9:56 AM, statsgirl said:

Spencer: I am so deprived and sad because I didn't have a mother growing up.

Also Spencer: Esme cannot be allowed to raise My LittleBrother.  I must take him away.

Another reason for Esme holding the baby instead of having him in a stroller is that it is a visual reminder that she loves him in contrast to Spencer, (Nik) and Victor who treat him like a possession. It helps that the babies are so comfortable with Avery that they often fall asleep on her.

Speaking about missing Nik, it's ridiculous that we don't know why Mason and his mysterious boss is spending tons of money to keep him alive. There are cheaper ways to blackmail Austin and Ava.

That whole storyline is complete idiotic bullshit.

• Like 7

I didn't find the Nurses' Ball any worse than other years.   I ffwded equally.

Is Ned even there, or has Chase taken his spot on the program?  I don't recall seeing hotel owner Olivia there, either. 

Still waiting for SD's Alan Q tribute.

• Like 5

Why is Victor monologuing his master plan to his henchmen?  If this is the best form of exposition the writers can think of, then they should be fired.  

David Chase they are not.

7 hours ago, sas616 said:

OMG!!!!!   I kept wondering why his doofus look was so familiar.  AND THAT'S IT!  LOL.  

That’s actually very true.  

On 4/4/2023 at 9:14 PM, 30 Helens said:

The only way I will accept a Jason return is if he brings Britt back with him. (And even then, it would be a hard sell.)

I would rather have KT back.  She’s far more entertaining and I enjoy looking at her.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Is Ned even there, or has Chase taken his spot on the program?  I don't recall seeing hotel owner Olivia there, either. 

Olivia is sick.

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Still waiting for SD's Alan Q tribute.

they did it already as pittiful as it was.

• Sad 3

Jordan: "There was no air in [Ashby's] lungs. She was dead when she hit the water."  Huh? Don't you mean that there was no water in her lungs? I know that they don't want to redo the scene but they should have fixed it in editing. Also, wouldn't Ashby have died as she hit the water? There was nothing on the way down to kill her.

Danielle Ponder made showed how crappy the rest of that talent show really is. Great job. Also Shut Up Carly. You always relied on your men for direcction.

Bobbie being a bitch to Sonny, she really is a Carly.

Noble of Brook Lynn but instead of knocking into Linc, just tell him who Joss' stepfather is. And how he handles threats to her. And then she loses it completely.

Ugh, Spinelli.

I cringed through the Tiny Talent Time magic show. I guess it's so that Victor can kidnap Liesl.

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Omg! Willow might die after all.
I am shedding tears.... of joy.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Really????  OMG  

Willow's procedure is "tomorrow". (so basically after the Nurse's ball"
Lisel was just kidnapped by Mistah Sheffield. 
Lisel was basically Willow's last hope.
So..... 

run into the light, Willow!!

Also gotta love the childish looks and eyerolls Carly & Olivia gave each other when Nina was announcing Georgie & James because how dare she say she's co-owner of the hotel.  stay classy. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

This is the first time I ever felt lile telling Trina to Shit the f--k up...Like you know how Spencer can get, he's a complex kid with a legit reason why he not only hates Dex, but is mad that his Uncle's bodyguard is drinking on the job, and you still kissed him twice and said you wanted to be together...I hope you keep that same energy when you find out (if she ever finds out) that Joss cheated on Cam.

Kind of want Spencer just to go off and do his own thing and make Trina sweat.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Noble of Brook Lynn but instead of knocking into Linc, just tell him who Joss' stepfather is. And how he handles threats to her. And then she loses it completely.

I wish she would have mentioned Joss during her speech just to get Sonny’s reaction (and to add another suspect for a potential whodunnit {don’t know if this is happening, just my own speculation}). I’m just glad that Brooklyn spoke up just to give the story the nudge it needed to move things along. 

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I cringed through the Tiny Talent Time magic show. I guess it's so that Victor can kidnap Liesl.

I didn’t mind the kids. They were cute and not as cringeworthy as the Busch Gardens dinner show performance by Joss and Trina. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
8 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

This is the first time I ever felt lile telling Trina to Shit the f--k up...Like you know how Spencer can get, he's a complex kid with a legit reason why he not only hates Dex, but is mad that his Uncle's bodyguard is drinking on the job, and you still kissed him twice and said you wanted to be together...I hope you keep that same energy when you find out (if she ever finds out) that Joss cheated on Cam.

I totally eye-rolled and said shut up. Like. yes, Spencer's entitlement can be much. either deal with it or don't but this big whole "Boohoo, I thought you were different!"  because he's literally telling off Sonny's bodyguard for drinking on the job which is a big no no. (I mean, FRANK wouldn't do that. or Max). was way too much.

then to top it off, Joss's. "Hey just go back to Europe, no one will miss you." smarmy ass grin  ticked me off too, because this is also the same girl, that when Spencer flat out told her that he was #TeamCam, she was "BUT I AM YOUR FRIEND TOO." Friendshp doesn't trump the lady boner, eh Joss. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, ciarra said:

both of them were in the audience today, as were Spinelli, Felicia and Mac.  Missing from yesterday was TJ and Molly.  

42 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Omg! Willow might die after all.

I totally didn't think of that until just now. Part of me is excited because Liesl missing in action should cause Willow to die, but I also know the truth that it will just mean more Willow "thisclose" to death for another however many weeks.  

24 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

didn’t mind the kids. They were cute

Me too.  I loved the concerned look on their faces when they reopened the door and Liesl wasn't there.  I thought it was all part of the act, so color me surprised that I hadn't forseen Victor grabbing Liesl. 

1 minute ago, Blackie said:

weird my PVR didn't pick up todays episode

Because of the pre-emption on Tuesday, the pvr will either show that it's the same episode as the day before or a repeat which means it won't pick it up to tape.  So you have to reset your pvr.  That's usually what I have to do after a pre-emption.  

• Useful 2

LOL at Victor's sneering, "*gasp!* Valentin! You're alive."

22 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I’m just glad that Brooklyn spoke up just to give the [harassment] story the nudge it needed to move things along. 

Since even Maxie knows that a PDA has no legal validity and has told BLQ this, I feel like this is a bit late in the game for BLQ to finally speak up. But at least something is happening with this story.

1 minute ago, Cheetara1986 said:

he's a complex kid with a legit reason why he not only hates Dex

Does Spencer have a legit reason to hate Dex? If it's because Dex slept with Joss before she broke up with Cam, that's admirable, but the level of venom Spencer has is out of proportion to that, IMO. Beam more of that toward the person who broke Cam's heart, why do you? Just shows how no one can effectively talk back to a Carly. UGH.

And news flash, Trina: Entitled Turd Spencer is who he is. Oh, he reins it in a lot of the time, but he also indulges his worst instincts with very little thought.

Why would introducing Chase and Blaze be so embarrassing for Finn? It's not as if he were also a backup dancer or something. And LOL that he didn't even introduce himself.

Continuity error: Dex tells Cody "it's time" and they leave, but then we see Cody applauding Chase and Blaze.

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Willow's procedure is "tomorrow". (so basically after the Nurse's ball"
Lisel was just kidnapped by Mistah Sheffield. 
Lisel was basically Willow's last hope.

If anyone can effortlessly escape from Victor's clutches, it's Liesl. I'm afraid Willow will live to bore another day. (If she doesn't, that's the best-kept secret for ages.)

29 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I didn’t mind the kids. They were cute and not as cringeworthy as the Busch Gardens dinner show performance by Joss and Trina. 

Neither did I. The kid who played James had a bit of a wobble with the tube trick, but he recovered nicely. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I totally didn't think of that until just now. Part of me is excited because Liesl missing in action should cause Willow to die, but I also know the truth that it will just mean more Willow "thisclose" to death for another however many weeks.  

Watching Michael force a tear and have the sadz is as appealing as a root canal.

I'm sure there is going to be a last minute save by someone who isn't Leisl before Willow's expiry date.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm sure there is going to be a last minute save by someone who isn't Leisl before Willow's expiry date.

If it isn't Nina suddenly becoming a match, it'll probably be a Carly, because they're so selfless.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If anyone can effortlessly escape from Victor's clutches, it's Liesl. I'm afraid Willow will live to bore another day. (If she doesn't, that's the best-kept secret for ages.)

oh she can do it, flawlessly. just let it be a week or two. enough for Willow  kick the bucket. (she must be close to her last week on earth right?)

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If it isn't Nina suddenly becoming a match, it'll probably be a Carly, because they're so selfless.

Probably. Because this show hates me. 

So Anna got shot today and no one is talking about it on the board. I think everyone cares about this as much as I do. 

But finally, Victor is getting his hands dirty. After talking nonstop about his plans, he's finally getting things done. He should have shot Valentin, though, the scariest Cassadine ever. I don't even know what Helena was smoking when she said that.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Anna got shot today and no one is talking about it on the board. I think everyone cares about this as much as I do. 

honestly, the fact that willow could die overrode the whole "omg Anna got shot."

but yeah. omg. Anna got shot. (but it won't surprise me if she has a bullet proof vest on).

• Like 4

Anna’s always in the middle of some dumb plan where someone gets hurt. We know she’s not going to die and I’ve long given up on feeling bad for her when she puts herself and others in those situations 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
(edited)

The Carlys will all blame Nina for Liesl being kidnapped. She will in their warped view somehow be responsible for it, probably that she planned it so she could spend time with Wiley and Amelia. I know that makes no sense but it is about how irrational the Carlys are. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm afraid Willow will live to bore another day.

And now I have Madonna's James Bond theme song, now titled "Bore another Day" running through my head.

🎵I guess I'll bore another day
It's not my time to go🎵

• LOL 1

I thought Robert had the necklace? Is the one Valentine handed over yet another fake?

One of you guys cruelly put into the universe that Dex is actually Courtney's son. Now every time they have Spencer being a dick to him for absolutely no reason I start worrying that's where they're going with this. If we're lucky, it will go nowhere for three years like Willow/Nina.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I said after the Willow's original match fell through and then harvesting the stem cells was cancelled that Cody will end up being donor and then everyone in PC will love him. I haven't changed my mind as something keeps stopping Willow from getting better.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Also gotta love the childish looks and eyerolls Carly & Olivia gave each other when Nina was announcing Georgie & James because how dare she say she's co-owner of the hotel.  stay classy. 

It's okay for Bobbie to introduce her granddaughter; it's shameless for Nina to introduce her niece and nephew.

3 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

This is the first time I ever felt lile telling Trina to Shit the f--k up...Like you know how Spencer can get, he's a complex kid with a legit reason why he not only hates Dex, but is mad that his Uncle's bodyguard is drinking on the job

I saw it as Trina went OTT because Dex is Joss' new squeeze.  Thou Shalt Not Criticize A Carly or her Chosen One. 

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Does Spencer have a legit reason to hate Dex? If it's because Dex slept with Joss before she broke up with Cam, that's admirable, but the level of venom Spencer has is out of proportion to that, IMO. Beam more of that toward the person who broke Cam's heart, why do you? Just shows how no one can effectively talk back to a Carly. UGH.

I don't think that Spencer knows that Joss cheated with Dex before breaking up with Cam, he just feels that Dex has caused Cam pain for some reason and because Cam isn't fighting back, he will do it for him. And because Spencer likes flaunting his privilege.

54 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I thought Robert had the necklace? Is the one Valentine handed over yet another fake?

Robert got it from Holly and gave it to Anna and Valentin. They then used it to create the fake necklace. (How? Is there a jeweller at the safe house?)

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think that Spencer knows that Joss cheated with Dex before breaking up with Cam, he just feels that Dex has caused Cam pain for some reason and because Cam isn't fighting back, he will do it for him. And because Spencer likes flaunting his privilege.

and honestly in this case, i will take it. and the next time trina goes boohoo, I want Spencer to say "Look. you defend Joss all the time, and that's great. I'm defending my cousin. sorry if that bothers you." and walk away

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

I don't get what Trina sees in Spencer. His behaviour is nothing new he's entitled and he had no business attacking Dex that's Sonny's job. He's been a douchebag since he returned. All he did with Esme against Ava who she loves so much, multiple stints in jail. Treating people like gum off his shoe like Dex or Rory (who when he died she acted like she cared). 

Yet she acts like she thought he changed? When? He's trying to steal this baby from Esme and running around with Victor. 

Dex told Cody it's time and they left. But then they were still there when Chase performed, do time for what? 

I hope Gladys is arrested and Dante sees through her. 

Oh no this cancer gonna drag on more. Can Willow just die already. 

• Like 3
(edited)

Don't judge me ...but I kind of wanted that goon to snap Anna's neck! 😁😇 ..I said KIND OF!! Sorry, it's just that she totally BUNGLED this whole mission to hell and back and it's been so lame and irritating! 

This totally cracked me up:

BLQ: This man preys on young women! He is a sexual predator!!

Blaze: (weeping) Yes, he did the same things to me!!

Cut to Maxie a minute later: So, is everyone having a great time?!!

Edited by TVbitch
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Sorry, it's just that she totally BUNGLED this whole mission to hell and back and it's been so lame and irritating! 

When was the last time SuperAgent!AnnaDevane didn't bungle a mission?  It's been decades.  At least LWB isn't in this latest debacle.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

He has no legitimate reasons to hate Dex at the level he does. Why would Trina care or have energy for Joss cheating on Cam beyond caring about them and supporting them both? That situation had nothing do with her. Cam told Spencer not to fight his battles and he’s quite literally in a different geographical location at this point. Spencer looks unhinged, angry about a breakup that happened months ago that he wasn’t a part of, that the wronged party moved on from. If Trina supported that nonsense, she would look just as ridiculous. 

I’m lost on how Trina is in the wrong for not liking that she walked up on her boyfriend berating someone else’s employee at a laid back charity event for having a drink. He’s not his boss and Sonny already told him he didn’t want him bothering Dex on his behalf. Sonny wouldn’t even care.

It doesn’t matter what his reasons are, multiple people have told him to stop, and he really couldn’t care less and chooses to go about it in the most embarrassing way, and always publicly. He did the same thing at her mother’s wedding. Trina can do better. 

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

and honestly in this case, i will take it. and the next time trina goes boohoo, I want Spencer to say "Look. you defend Joss all the time, and that's great. I'm defending my cousin. sorry if that bothers you." and walk away

He’s not defending Cam or doing him any favors when Cam asked him to stop. He’s angry is on behalf of no one but himself. It makes no sense to think Spencer has the right to defy what people requested of him and harass anyone he wants to. What if people walked up to him mad on Ava, Avery, and Trina’s behalf everyday? Everyone in town has a reason to hate someone for hurting someone they love. He can grow up and handle those emotions like an adult like any day now. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, Daisy said:

Deanna's last name.... is Sirtis?  LOL that just made methink of Marina Sirtis whoo plays Deanne Troy lol

And Laura (GF) is married to Will Riker (JF) who in the Star Trek universe is married to Deanna Troi (MS). LOL

• LOL 3