Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

You meant grandmothers right?!!  Cuz the mother of Liz' children would be Liz!!

But isn't it just one grandma--Laura (aiden)?  Because Jake's grandma is Susan Moore and we don't know Cam's grandma.  

Yeah, I just noticed that and fixed it to grandmother. Scott was married to susan.  He was briefly Jason's stepfather.  He married her for Jason's trust fund.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

why Ava went to the wedding is beyond me

Yes, if this were a show that took crime seriously that would play out very very badly in the courtroom.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

Yes, if this were a show that took crime seriously that would play out very very badly in the courtroom.

though i really don't know why Ava hid the body. it was snowing that day. legit just say the man fell, cracked his head and push him into the river. no one was home to see you fight, no one would have contradicted you. this whole thing makes no sense (per usual) lol

• Like 10

We’re supposed to think Michael and Willow really care about her life when they’ve all but given up and are party planning and didn’t even bother with a donor drive? LMAO

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

though i really don't know why Ava hid the body. it was snowing that day. legit just say the man fell, cracked his head and push him into the river. no one was home to see you fight, no one would have contradicted you. this whole thing makes no sense (per usual) lol

I really think the viewers pay more attention than the writers do at times. I am choosing to believe this is so the body is gone but I'm also choosing to believe this is an ImposterNik and like, Faison's distant evil relative or Connor or something. This delusion keeps me sane.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

We’re supposed to think Michael and Willow really care about her life when they’ve all but given up and are party planning and didn’t even bother with a donor drive? LMAO

and you know they are going to hear about Nina's drive, and they are going to scream at her about something something "You are making it all about you."

Like i said. Willow is legit told she has weeks to live and this dipstick is wasting two of them planning a wedding. just go to Paris, elope, and die watching the sunset off the Eifel tower or something

• Like 4
  • Applause 11
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and you know they are going to hear about Nina's drive, and they are going to scream at her about something something "You are making it all about you."

Like i said. Willow is legit told she has weeks to live and this dipstick is wasting two of them planning a wedding. just go to Paris, elope, and die watching the sunset off the Eifel tower or something

Right? And now that I think about it, given that Dr. O had to offer to get tested herself, I’d wager they probably didn’t even reach out to people Willow actually knows to get tested since they didn’t bother to test an actual relative. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

Right? And now that I think about it, given that Dr. O had to offer to get tested herself, I’d wager they probably didn’t even reach out to people Willow actually knows to get tested since they didn’t bother to test an actual relative. 

exactly. i mean to be fair. Nina & Lisel are it (I think) outside of Maxie's kid.. But Michael is the CEO of a MEDIA CORRPORATION (I think? did Aurora go bust? i hope so). like this is legit the next day. Nina finds out there "is no hope" and her first action is to organize a marrow drive. 

Mr and Ms Dipstick has known for MONTHS  have the power of the Q fortune behind them and they are like "Boohoo, we are lying to Wiley boo hoo, roses and orchids boohoo"

• LOL 7
12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

you know they are going to hear about Nina's drive, and they are going to scream at her about something something "You are making it all about you."

"She just took it upon herself to do this--you know she has an agenda."

Yes, that would be to keep you alive, you vacuous, hateful shrew.  God, what the show has done to this character in the space of a couple years. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 6
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yes, that would be to keep you alive, you vacuous, hateful shrew.  God, what the show has done to this character in the space of a couple years. 

Honestly. i think it is telling that they were only nice to her because they thought they were getting her marrow and then when they realized that wasn't the case they continued to treat her like the gum at the bottom of their shoe and still refuse to acknowledge that Nina is "losing" Willow too. and that might actually kind of suck for her. 

• Like 7

I am annoyed that we didn't get to see the scene continue between Spencer and Esme regarding Ace.

Scott, way to protect your client.

Ava, I thought you were a better liar and had a better poker face. I didn't like her eye make-up today.

I didn't see the other day, but with the coat and the plant, it sure seems like the show was covering up a baby bump. The actress playing Sasha is glowing.

I don't think Liesl will be a match. I do think that the donor drive will find it's donor. My money is on Cody and he will need to be persuaded into donating by Sasha.

Finally, I hate the stupid cheap looking Orphan Annie necklace. Michael, you had one job and you failed me.

• Like 1

There's no way Nik is in that storage room dead all this time and they can't tell from outside. 

Jordan was out for Portia now is all above defending her? 

Let Willow die and Sasha should not even be treating her as a friend. She should take a side and it should be Nina's after all jins forgave her for and has done for her. 

• Like 8

I understand why Elizabeth is acting how she is. She was torn over confessing because of how it could disrupt her boys' lives, she could lose her job, go to jail, etc. But she couldn't live with the guilt so she did it. And that was the right thing, right? She should feel relief, it's all over now. 

But of course, it's not because the guilt is still there because as has been pointed out she did help Nikolas. She ignored Esme's pleas and cries to help her. And Britt is dead in part, she feels, because of her. And she is getting off completely scott-free for her part in what happened.

On top of that, she completely threw one of her oldest friends all the way under the bus to save herself. Of course, she feels guilty as hell still. She'd be a psychopath if she didn't. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
15 minutes ago, Artsda said:

There's no way Nik is in that storage room dead all this time and they can't tell from outside. 

I think it’s only been one day, right? Or possibly two?

Austin ran up on her hiding Nik, and she said they couldn’t move the body then because she had to go to the wedding. When she got back from the wedding, Austin texted her and came right over. They were interrupted by Ryan. Austin was hospitalized and released, and then they met up AGAIN to move the body. Now, Dante and the PCPD have shown up. 

So, I think it’s been 1-2 days, and it is supposedly cold so I can understand why Nikolas’s body isn’t smelling. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Sasha should not even be treating her as a friend.

"You don't have to pick a side, but if you were on Nina's side 100% I'd have to ask you to leave." - reading between the lines.  Willow is so disingenuous, acting as if she hasn't run around for the last year wanting everyone on her and Michael's side.  So, yeah, she's definitely wanted people to pick a side, that one being hers. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 4
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I HATE Willow. HATE. Sasha comes over, the woman who Nina begged her to help, and all she wants is for her to get rid of Nina's twins necklace. She's become worse than Carly and Joss combined, and that's saying a lot.

Agreed. Willow is the worst. I don't understand her complete hatred of Nina at all. The visitation hearing over Wiley doesn't come close to explaining it; a grandmother wanting a few hours a week with her grandson - a grandson whose mother is dead, and said mother was herself kept from Nina for no other reason than pure evil and greed - somehow justifies this hate? No.

One of the reasons I've given up this show for years at a time was for this sort of nonsense. The complete hypocrisy of someone like Carly, who never faces any sort of comeuppance, is another related reason.

• Like 11
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

It’s particularly disturbing when you compare Trina’s romantic situation with Joss’s. They are the same age, yet the show treats Joss and Dex as an adult, star-crossed lovers relationship while Trina and Spencer are still in the teen romance zone. Despite them having a deeper, more substantial relationship and Trina being light years ahead of Joss in terms of maturity. It also doesn’t help that Joss is constantly giving Trina advice like she’s some older, wiser woman of the world. 

It's less about TA's performance IMO, who along with Chavez and maybe William Lipton comprise the strongest younger actors on the show, and by 'younger' I mean up to 40 lol.

It's partly the fact that Tabyana Ali is a dark-skinned Black woman and the show has have been avoiding any onscreen intimacy for her and Spencer for the better part of two years until just this sweeps, and we have no idea how intimate they'll be allowed to be onscreen going forward. But it's equally in large part the fact that Frank Valentini and ABC spent most of the last decade struggling to find some young white teens, any young white teens (RIP Rafe and Oscar) to replicate what he felt was his teen copuple success story for 18-24 demographics at OLTL, and he feels he's finally found it with Eden McCoy's Joss as a ringer for Kristen Alderson's Starr Manning. So any other young female is always going to be in second position to Joss, just as all other young women on OLTL were sidekicks or also-rans to Starr. The racial element is just another unfortunate aspect of it.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

why Ava went to the wedding is beyond me

This is amateur night. Say what you will about Sonny and Jason's many horrific crimes, but they moved Claudia Zacchara and graphically laid waste to the remains in the Pine Barrens within an hour.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

So Ava Jerome, part of the Jerome crime family, who once murdered Kate Howard and framed AJ for it without breaking a nail, now has the poker face of a teenager that just got caught smoking behind the gym? Jeez, just get "I killed Nikolas!" tattooed on your face already. 

Willow sucks, and she and Michael don't deserve a friend like Sasha. Also they're both criminally stupid for not even attempting to find a donor outside of the registry. "Well, we tried the registry and Nina's not a match because she's a terrible horrible person, and we've tried absolutely nothing else and we're all out of ideas". I hope they bring Nelle back from the dead and she's a match and she tells them she'll give them her bone marrow if they leave PC and never come back, then she steals her kidney back from Joss, and kidnaps Wiley and rides out into the sunset. Thus solving a few problems with this show.  

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, sashabear21 said:

So Ava Jerome, part of the Jerome crime family, who once murdered Kate Howard and framed AJ for it without breaking a nail, now has the poker face of a teenager that just got caught smoking behind the gym? Jeez, just get "I killed Nikolas!" tattooed on your face already. 

In fairness Ava has always had that bug-eyed Fire Marshal Bill poker face lol.  It's cracked me up for years, Maura just sends it to the moon. But yes, she is a professional. This shit should not faze her this much and it's part of the show's very schizoid relationship to who Ava is, sometimes within the same episode. They've played her pretty gray or dark lately again after some really lousy years and I think that is appropriate, but she can be darker.

Has a show ever done a story where a long-suffering illness hero or heroine then slowly goes nuts and becomes the villain? Because that would be the move with St. Willow. Just sayin'.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Chavez has come a long way in a short time. He was electric with Genie on Monday, and it is wonderful to see her connecting with performers who give her their all just as she always does. (Tyler and Tony Geary had their ups and downs, though I do think Tony always brought it with her despite his other behavior; so did JJ, even when the material got very ugly.)

I am all for Molly growing up and becoming an ADA but like a lot of people I go back and forth on taking her seriously. I do think Hailey Pullos is potentially capable of more and I don't dislike the role for her, but the show has such a threadbare investment in Molly as is. I think if they gave her an actual story she might have a chance to prove herself as an adult. But I did think when she was putting the spurs to Liz that Liz should've just been like, 'do you still have that Spongebob backpack you used to like?' How does Dante keep a straight face, remembering Molly and Morgan the mischief twins? Those three go back a long way in this town, lol.

The beat with Heather and Esme the other day where she stumbled over her words as she explained that sometimes wanting to be a mother 'comes later' for some women was brilliant. Alley Mills played a wealth of Heather's long and sordid history going back to the original Steven Lars/P.J. adoption caper in that sequence (a great deal of which is available to watch on YT with both Mary O'Brien and Robin Mattson in the role and which drives this further home), and you could see it in her face and eyes. It hit much more genuine for me than what Carlivati did with Robin Mattson's Heather early in his run, a trick he would often go to with villains - he'd give you 'odd couple' pairings of unlikely characters, have them voice their anxieties or feelings and then unexpectedly, inexplicably hug and emotionally bond. Robin's Heather had a scene like that with Rafe Kovich Jr. of all people where he bemoaned the loss of his family, and suddenly he and Heather were hugging and bonding. It was totally unearned and I didn't buy any of it. The next scene it was back to Heather's usual psycho hijinks. Pathos doesn't work like that. It has to come from somewhere beyond just a few soppy lines between random acquaintances.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

Jordan was out for Portia now is all above defending her? 

Let Willow die and Sasha should not even be treating her as a friend. She should take a side and it should be Nina's after all jins forgave her for and has done for her. 

I know right?  I was so pissed that they are muddying up Sasha with Willow's dirt.  Sasha SHOULD take a side.  Ungrateful brat. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I KNOW! It’s mind boggling that the viewers are supposed to love her and root for her…oh wait. I keep forgetting that the SHEBEAST is the “leading” lady.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Daisy said:

Honestly. i think it is telling that they were only nice to her because they thought they were getting her marrow and then when they realized that wasn't the case they continued to treat her like the gum at the bottom of their shoe and still refuse to acknowledge that Nina is "losing" Willow too. and that might actually kind of suck for her. 

They weren’t even nice to her when it appeared she might be a match. They were still hateful. And assholes.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Or Victor could have taken the body?  Nik could be a prisoner somewhere until they decide to write him back in?

I hope Nicholas isn't actually truly honestly and sincerely dead--if only because it would devastate Spencer and Laura.

I'm loving the new hair color on Liesel and how easily she got the truth out of Scott about Elizabeth made me laugh--she really needs to work for the PCPD's interrogation unit.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

If Nik is really dead I hope the show gets rid of the castle set. Why would Ava want to stay there? It's where Nik cheated on her and got Esme pregnant, and where Ava killed Nik. It's got bad vibes. Let Uncle Victor buy it, or if Nik is still alive let Ava sell it back to him, take the cash and buy a posh place with no bad memories. I love the new solarium the Q's have, so they can do nice sets if they want to.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
22 hours ago, slayer2 said:

This exactly! Thank you! They are working overtime to desexualize and infantalize Trina and they were doing it with SM's Trina as well. The fact that she was on the show for 3 years and only had one kiss?

Meanwhile Joss is on to her second sexual partner (even when she was still with her first) it's very disturbing and alarming. They did the same thing with Keesha. A very chaste and boring sexual experience for her and Jason's first time and I'm pretty sure I never saw them have sex again nor did we really see her and AJ be intimate (even though I couldn't stand BW's AJ). The Black girls and women on this show get the side character treatment like no other soap opera I've seen.

fail to understand why FV is perpetuating this harmful stereotype of keeping the Black storylines separate from the White characters and why Trina being on the show for 4 years hasn't had sex and the moment she gets even remotely close she's told to slow down by both her partner and her best friend. The framing is disturbing and while I understand Spencer's reasoning, having Joss echo similar sentiments days later while she is simultaneously screwing the life out of Dex raises a LOT of alarm bells.

Joss had the new boyfriend only because Cam actor wanted fewer hours.  And there's no contest, people are different.  The Spencer and Trina romance makes her more into the romantic heroine than Joss.  As to sex scenes, there certainly would be complaints that the black girl is being made into someone promiscuous whereas the white one is not if the stories were reversed.  Unfairness would be claimed no matter what.  

I counted the black characters and they are slightly more than the proportion of the population.  They have a lot of airtime.  They aren't separated for that reason, but because show is going to the WTD well yet again, which is something they do regardless.  Joss and Trina are best friends so there is no separation there.  Molly is with TJ for years, granted they are back burners, but they are together for years and no character makes issues about it.  All black characters are professionals and they don't want white characters to be racist, so the soap planet has an ideal equality going - the real world doesn't, but the soap planet is another world.

20 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Oh they definitely do recruit law grads into law enforcement agencies … but going in the opposite direction (appointing a spy / former police commissioner with no law degree, court room experience, etc. as DA) is a big LOL.  

Granted this is no less insane than other choices they make on soaps but since I am an attorney it’s hilarious.  It’s like making him a doctor overnight and also putting him in charge of the other doctors in the hospital.

Robert Scorpio has always looked good in suits, so on a shallow level it works I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️

Soap characters are always ready to pick up whatever job the writers want.  Liz went to quick nursing school, Willow is making it through fast, Pip would have been a doctor fast.  SLS can run a huge company right out of high school.  Molly is finished with law school in her early twenties, when one who goes straight through is 25 by the time they are finished.  I guess she passed the bar exam off screen with no issues.  Same with Robert!

20 hours ago, tessaray said:

I just assumed it was revealed that Robert had graduated law school before being recruited into the WSB but he was offscreen so many times, he could have gone at any point.

It is actually a good spot for him. 

Like Heather, who had a lot of offscreen time to have more babies.  Who knows what else Robert did with his time, lol. 

19 hours ago, slayer2 said:

Yes Curtis, because what Trina REALLY needs right now is for you to trauma dump all over her. Throw the whole "father" away.

This scene needed to be saved for when they knew he was the biological father - get the DNA test first, nitwits.  Maybe it's a sign the writers responded to #keepTrinaTaggert's so this scene can only be relevant before the reveal.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, jsbt said:

He was electric with Genie on Monday, and it is wonderful to see her connecting with performers who give her their all just as she always does. (Tyler and Tony Geary had their ups and downs, though I do think Tony always brought it with her despite his other behavior; so did JJ, even when the material got very ugly.)

I agree--Tony always did, but I believe it's because of the amazing chemistry he and Genie have had, ever since he first showed up. Even when Laura came back right before Lulu was recast, that first moment-with Luke sitting on the Haunted Star, I think it was, when he saw Laura/Genie, his face just lit up*. His face only lights up like that for Genie--in spite? despite? his contempt for the Luke and Laura pairing in the past two? decades.

And for the first time, I can see the talent in Chavez.

But those scenes with Elizabeth, Molly, Scotty, and Dante? Had me banging my head on the desk. First, the signing of the plea/immunity agreement would be taking place in the District Attorney's OFFICE, and only the ADA, and the person signing and their lawyer would be there. Dante shouldn't have even been involved at that point. And then the phrase "I'll call if I have any more questions" from Molly. No. Just no. You get everything you need from her based on the agreement and that's IT. There is no parsing.

And nails on a chalk board for me is Jordan always referring to Robert as "DA Scorpio" or Molly as "ADA Lansing-Davis" when they're all fucking colleagues! Just sit your asses down and watch an episode of Law & Order already, if you don't know how cops and prosecutors behave and talk with and about each other.

*Just as Steve Burton would light up and make an effort in scenes with Kimberly.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

As to sex scenes, there certainly would be complaints that the black girl is being made into someone promiscuous whereas the white one is not if the stories were reversed.  Unfairness would be claimed no matter what.  

I counted the black characters and they are slightly more than the proportion of the population.  They have a lot of airtime.  

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here but I'm not sure I'm overly fond of it. My point is White Supremacy exists in every facet of society because it's institutional and that is more than the case for tv shows and soap operas like GH in particular. This is by no means a "diverse" show in light of that wrt Trina the show will walk a tough line in how they treat her, which certainly wouldn't been as tough if they had more Black characters, Indigenous characters and/or Characters of Colour integrated in the thread of the show now or sooner. 

One can only opine they are trying to be mindful of the depiction of the Black families on the show (in a way Y and R certainly never has been) however, they will inevitably run into tropes and biases and a lot of that is due to the lack of diversity on the canvas. It's simply odd to drag out a love story for over a year and a half with young actors such as these. On B&B (sadly) they would be married and divorced by now.

As @statsgirl helpfully pointed out upthread, Trina is the only BIPOC person of her age group on the show and as such she bears the burden of representing all BIPOC groups much like Bonnie on TVD. And similarly to Bonnie on TVD they are giving Trina the same semi-precious treatment. Do I think they are consciously aware of that treatment? Maybe not, but the fact remains it's  anomalous in a soap opera landscape, especially with young actors on 3 year contracts where for one, 2 years has already expired and even more so given that soap operas are, these days, a ticking time bomb anyway. They simply don't have this kind of time to waste, narratively or financially.

ETA: I certainly don't think Trina would be seen as "promiscuous" to have sex with someone she clearly loves and has loved for over a year, nor would she be seen as promiscuous to have sex with Rory (a guy she was dating). I do in fact hope that even outside of that a young woman enjoying sex with a guy she likes wouldn't be seen as promiscuous. Joss is getting heat because she cheated on Cam with a henchman then gaslight him and Spencer about it while asking Cam to cover up her actions.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here but I'm not overly fond of it. My point is White Supremacy exists in every facet of society because it's institutional and that is more than the case for tv shows and soap operas like GH in particular. This is by no means a "diverse" show but wrt Trina the show will walk a tough line in how they treat her, which certainly wouldn't been as tough if they had more Black characters, Indigenous characters and Characters  of Colour integrated in the thread of the show sooner. 

One can only opine they are trying to be mindful of the depiction of the Black families on the show (in a way Y and R certainly never has been) however, they will inevitably run into tropes and biases and a lot of that is due to the lack of diversity on the canvas. It's simply odd to drag out a love story for over a year and a half with young actors such as these. On B&B (sadly) they would be married and divorced by now.

As a poster (forgive me I can't recall whom) helpfully pointed out upthread, Trina is the only BIPOC person of her age group on the show and as such she bears the burden of representing all BIPOC groups much like Bonnie on TVD. And similarly to Bonnie on TVD they are giving Trina the same semi-precious treatment. Do I think they are consciously aware of that treatment? Maybe not, but the fact remains it's  anomalous in a soap opera landscape, especially with young actors on 3 year contracts where for one, 2 years has already expired and even more so given that soap operas are, these days, a ticking time bomb anyway. They simply don't have this kind of time to waste, narratively or financially.

Your first sentence convinces that no way is it ever going to be done correctly in your eyes.  But how many black characters should there be?  50%?  If there are 15? that is better than society.  And she is being treated preciously, so that means if it were the opposite that would be OK?  I'm sure not, since the white supremacy is so institutional there is nothing they can do to make it right.  And she does not have to represent all black people - what kind of thing are you saying there?  Good grief, I hope Joss doesn't represent all white people.  TV is well integrated, but you're acting like that is worse than not, since it only gives white supremacy another chance to show itself.  All those black characters are there just to show even more white supremacy?  There's no answer then.

I'm not fond of the permanent victimization view either.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Your first sentence convinces that no way is it ever going to be done correctly in your eyes.  But how many black characters should there be?  50%?  If there are 15? that is better than society.  And she is being treated preciously, so that means if it were the opposite that would be OK?  I'm sure not, since the white supremacy is so institutional there is nothing they can do to make it right.  And she does not have to represent all black people - what kind of thing are you saying there?  Good grief, I hope Joss doesn't represent all white people.  TV is well integrated, but you're acting like that is worse than not, since it only gives white supremacy another chance to show itself.  All those black characters are there just to show even more white supremacy?  There's no answer then.

I'm not fond of the permanent victimization view either.  

I took the time to answer thoughtfully and clearly and I don't feel like you read or made any attempt to understand my post so I'll leave it at that.

In other news I was watching some scenes of the trial with Molly assistant to the DA and some of the current ones as DA and I must agree it was strange to see her in that role. The Davis Girls fan in me was excited and certainly because I grew up watching NLG as a lawyer on Santa Barbara and then GH so the heir apparent idea is exciting to me but she does seem a little young for that position.

I suppose her size doesn't help which may be a bias on my end as there are a lot of actresses these days that look much younger than they are but it was strange. I hope they find a rhythm with it though because I support the idea. I do really miss NLG in court room scenes though but I can see why they wouldn't want a double (triple?) murderer representing people.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

Chavez has come a long way in a short time. He was electric with Genie on Monday, and it is wonderful to see her connecting with performers who give her their all just as she always does. (Tyler and Tony Geary had their ups and downs, though I do think Tony always brought it with her despite his other behavior; so did JJ, even when the material got very ugly.)

I've felt he was quite a profound actor since I started watching again but these past few days he was asked to go from jubilation (the Sprina Kiss) to fear (discovering Esme, Ryan and Heather were on Spoon Island) to euphoria and excitement (Rosemary's baby' birth) to desolation and devastation (discovering he was Esme and Ryan's mark) in the span of a few days. The last two in the span of an episode, that's a Shakrespearean level of range in terms of narrative and it is NOT easy to pull off going from jubilation to absolute heartache in the span of minutes. What an incredible feat! That must have been a very exhausting week for him.

I agree, it's such a pleasure to see Genie in scenes with young actors like NAC and JJ who really give her something in the scene and she has always been such a powerhouse so it was quite special to watch the recent scenes.

I join you in despising RC unearned beats and frankly his obsession with DiD storylines and villains for the sake of villainy.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, BunnyFooFoo said:

If Nik is really dead I hope the show gets rid of the castle set. Why would Ava want to stay there? It's where Nik cheated on her and got Esme pregnant, and where Ava killed Nik. It's got bad vibes. Let Uncle Victor buy it, or if Nik is still alive let Ava sell it back to him, take the cash and buy a posh place with no bad memories. I love the new solarium the Q's have, so they can do nice sets if they want to.

I liked Ava's apartment, the one she had for years (where "Liv Jerome" had her tied up). It was one of my favorite GH sets. The gallery is another one, so I'm generally happy to visit Ava World. 

But I don't see Wydemere going anywhere, especially with Spencer and Victor still around, and Ava now playing mistress of the house. 

At least we will still get the amusement of a character (say, Sonny) being at Kelly's and deciding to go to Wyndemere, and then walking in while a conversation between two other characters at Wyndemere (say, Victor and Spencer) is still going on. There's all this lip service paid to its being on an island and a launch being necessary to get there, but it takes as much time to get there as it takes me to get to the sandwich place down the street.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

At least we will still get the amusement of a character (say, Sonny) being at Kelly's and deciding to go to Wyndemere, and then walking in while a conversation between two other characters at Wyndemere (say, Victor and Spencer) is still going on. There's all this lip service paid to its being on an island and a launch being necessary to get there, but it takes as much time to get there as it takes me to get to the sandwich place down the street.

That always drives me nuts!  And with a boat involved (assuming controlled by Wyndermere), the number of times people at the castle are actually surprised by a visitor at the door.  I did have hopes that Ava would renovate the place to her style, but that likely would have translated through set decorators to “mid-to-upper end hotel lobby” a la the Qs.

We’ve been perpetually a week or more behind but finally caught up.  I’d forgotten momentarily how little entertainment I get from the Carlys.  Instant FF for the majority of those scenes.

Based on some comments here, this may be UO, but I’m finding the writing for Jordan is making the character insufferable.  Going back to the passive-aggressive “I’ve got a secret, but you have to guess” then to the recent “well i didn’t tell her,” I just can’t.  I’m hoping that with the (surprising) truce between her and Portia, that conflict is put to rest.

We were flirting with the barge, but the Ryan/Wyndermere/etc SL kept us watching.  It was great to see a lot of the veterans involved, along with how well AP and NAC fit in with them.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, CeChase said:

they are muddying up Sasha with Willow's dirt.  Sasha SHOULD take a side.  Ungrateful brat. 

Without Sasha, people would realize that Willow has no friends.  No friends from nursing school, teachers at her former school.

• Like 12
12 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Without Sasha, people would realize that Willow has no friends.  No friends from nursing school, teachers at her former school.

Thought that’s why they gave her an instant best friend in TJ for her cancer story. You know, the “friend” who was close enough to go to her doctor’s appointments with her and be her shoulder to cry on despite never sharing a single scene together before this storyline. Though he was probably forgotten about once her secret came out and his placeholder services were no longer needed. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

Willow: Carly can you be my matron of honour?
Carly: umm... but i hid the truth about Nina from you.
Willow: *waves hands* that's water under the bridge. You've become like a mother to me.
Joss and Carly: yaaayyy

Yall I can't even with these people. 

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 8
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

That was a good soap-worthy slap. Lisel put her weight behind it lol

I was hoping to see Liesl confront Heather and Joss. I'm disappointed we won't be seeing that. I think all 3 actors could carry those scenes well.

More of Michael and another basic girlfriend. Has he ever had a good one?So disappointed that Michael is alive and Morgan is dead. Never imagined Carly would have a kid I liked nevermind it be the one she had with Sonny but there it is. Nuture vs Nature I guess. IMO the wrong son went clink boom.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Uber expensive watches stop when you get hit over the head? 🤔 

Glad we’re now set with the Nik thing.

Does the Dex actor have new teeth? I’ve never seen him smile so much.

Oh, Liesl 😪 Snap out of it Nina, and show your aunt some empathy. I’ll try to forgive you both for saving ingrate Willow. 

Edited by Desperado
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Oh, Liesl 😪 Snap out of it Nina and show your aunt some empathy. 

Uber expensive watches stop when you get hit over the head? 🤔

The watch was cheap! I'm going to use this to further my delusion that that man was an imposter!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Michael wanting to hang up on Nina before she could tell him about the match was extra. Having those 4 act like that rudest and most unlikable people on the planet is a choice. I don’t fast forward much on this show but I will be ffwing the hell out of this garbage wedding. At least I can reconcile with the fact that the wedding budget was probably blown on Curtis and Portia’s wedding so they’ll get the typical Q family home wedding with 5 guests and party store decor that’s befitting them. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Willow: Carly can you be my matron of honour?
Carly: umm... but i hid the truth about Nina from you.
Willow: *waves hands* that's water under the bridge. You've become like a mother to me.
Joss and Carly: yaaayyy

Yall I can't even with these people. 

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Elizabeth, after everything she has been through, gets slapped and called Heather's "enabler" and Scott is enemy #1 because he's taking care of his own family instead of showing absolute loyalty to his owner...er...girlfriend. "Britta's blood is on your hands." "Elizabeth is not your daughter." Elizabeth and her kids are all he has left of his DEAD SON, you witch.  I just can't. Liesl talks shit about people keeping parent/child secrets but she enabled Faison keeping Anna from Robin and Robin from Emma for YEARS and eventually all she had to say about it was "Robin came back; Nathan won't." No apology. Umm, Robin didn't have YOUR help to get free.  Liesl only cares about loss and suffering if it's her own/her family's.

Meanwhile, Joss who left Britt alone to die gets asked to be a bridesmaid and is entirely focused on Michael and Willow, bringing up Oscar without a thought to the woman who saved her life.

I HATED seeing Nina shriek with joy that Aunt Leisl is saving Willow's life. Michael is such a shit, yet slightly better than Carly because at least he let Nina speak when he answered unlike Carly that day Nina called her from Nixon Falls.

So does that guy who retrieved NIkolas and put him on life support secretly, work for Austin's shady cousin?

The only thing I liked and laughed about today was Finn referring to Liesl Obrecht as a "sort-of person." 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
(edited)

So Nikolas isn’t dead, Mason has him and he’s on life support. Do we think they are bringing back immediately with the temp recast or will they just keep him offscreen and in a coma like Lulu?

Edited by ffwbe
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

So Joss is a bridesmaid and Carly is matron of honor for the dolts' wedding. Does Sasha get any acknowledgement, or is she just the unpaid wedding coordinator? 

10 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

So Nikolas isn’t dead, Mason has him and he’s on life support. Do we think they are bringing back immediately with the temp recast or will they just keep him offscreen and in a coma like Lulu?

I think he'll be in a coma for a while while the figure out what to do with the character. I think a new actor would be useful if they want to do a reset.

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Michael hanging up on Nina before she could tell him about the match was extra. Having those 4 act like that rudest and most unlikable people on the planet is a choice. I don’t fast forward much on this show but I will be ffwing the hell out of this garbage wedding. At least I can reconcile with the fact that the wedding budget was probably blown on Curtis and Portia’s wedding so they’ll get the typical Q family home wedding with 5 guests and party store decor that’s befitting them. 

I tell you, Nina is such a better person than me, because even the "Oh what does it tell you that Willow is blocking your calls." i would have responded with a zinger or several. and hung up and not said anything

I really hope Lisel has some condition that won't allow her to donate. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1