Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Why cant Taggart be the actual overprotective Dad and not Sister Wives Curtis? I get parents looking out for their kids, but when Curtis tries his helicopter ways, its annoying...I cant wait for the doomed wedding fallout. Imma need a lot of parential lashings from Trina.

But, it was adorable to see Sam defend her family to the rest. We need more scenes of Spencer with the other Cassadines like Alexis's family. Hell, it gives more screen time to Kristina and Molly.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I am with Brad.  A 70s Disco party sound like fun to me.

So a reporter uses his own phone for a picture that will be used to post the online version of the story? I don't think so.

A cop just conveniently leaves a phone unattended and doesn't have any security features to prevent someone getting in his phone.

They should have hired extras for Rory's family. Since the funeral was offscreen and they just had a few people lingering around the Perks cart, they could have just commented on how devasted Rory's family were at the funeral.

I get annoyed at how everyone is ready to protect Trina including Spencer's own grandmother over him.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Why does Curtis think that he can tell Trina who she can have a friend? She's an adult and he's not even married to her mother yet. Marshall is almost as bad, maybe it's hereditary.

Speaking of insufferable -- Maxie. She lost my sympathy breaking up with Austin and running to Spinelli when Spinelli was the one illegally hacking into people's privacy and now she's doing a pissing contest with Britt's best friend over who should help her. What is wrong with these writers?

They are working very hard to rehabilitate Cody, praising Britt, sudden modesty, wishing that Mac was his father, referring to his big mistake, a hero for helping birth the party, ... spare me, I'm not buying it. I watched the Christmas episode and for the life of me, I can't remember how Cody helped.

A new cancer-detecting machine shouldn't be Austin's new toy it should be Terry's.  Also Terry,  nice way to keep Austin at a meeting when he has a patient waiting.

Britt to Austin:" I'm busy doctor, and I don't have much time." Austin: "Okay" [leaves]  What a relief to have someone do what they're asked to.

Sam to Dante: I knows that you have a dangerous job and I'm not asking you go give it up but just take care of yourself.  [Are they just recycling her speeches to Jason?]

Heather/Robert/Mac scenes were fun. Go Heather. The Hackinsack mention reminded me of "I Can Do Without You" from Calamity Jane.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why does Curtis think that he can tell Trina who she can have a friend?

Plot point 443, the possible father must at all costs, alienate his possible daughter before the possible father/daughter reveal.  Also known, as paint by numbers writing. 

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can't remember how Cody helped

Based on what Mac said today, in offscreen GH, Cody led the charge for the paramedics to get through the closed streets to bring Mary and baby Britta to the hospital.  

9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

A new cancer-detecting machine shouldn't be Austin's new toy it should be Terry's.

What is Austin's specialty, do we know?  

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Britt to Austin:" I'm busy doctor, and I don't have much time." Austin: "Okay" [leaves]  What a relief to have someone do what they're asked to.

Unlike five minutes later

Knock, knock

Britt:  I'm busy.  go away

Cody enters, because once again, listening to and abiding by Britt's wishes are not on his list of manners.  

• Like 6
57 minutes ago, lala2 said:

If Britt is leaving leaving . . .  can she just go already?

I figure it will be after her NYE party so very soon.

Today's episode showed what a massive mistake it was not to pair Austin with Britt instead of Maxie.

10 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

\I cant wait for the doomed wedding fallout. Imma need a lot of parential lashings from Trina.

Unfortunately between the writing and the actress, Trina is too sweet for that.  But I'd love a doomed wedding with lots of hooking,

The look on Heather's face when she saw the picture of Trina and Spencer with Laura .... are we supposed to wonder if she is the Hook?

10 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So a reporter uses his own phone for a picture that will be used to post the online version of the story? I don't think so.

Different times these days.  I was interviewed for an article in my city's paper and the reporter interviewed me over the phone and then asked me to send in a picture of myself for the article (online and print).

• Like 4

They’re really laying it on thick that Heather is somehow the Hooker. I wonder if it’s another fake-out. They need to wrap this up soon. Before they do, I wish they’d hook Curtis and Marshall so we don’t have to listen to them. 

I really liked Kelly Monaco’s hair today. They really should have shown some sort of memorial and hired extras for it. It would have been much more powerful than the post-Memorial mingling. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why does Curtis think that he can tell Trina who she can have a friend? She's an adult and he's not even married to her mother yet. Marshall is almost as bad, maybe it's hereditary.

Both of them were insufferable today.  Like, MYOFB.  Lord.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

I'm getting so sick and tired of Cody's "dog in the manger" attitude and behavior. Especially with Mac. Like, what? does he want Mac to insist on another test to "prove" the first wasn't done properly, so that his lie that the first test was accurate and Mac won't blame him? This character is just a waste of space.

Ditto to what others stated about both Curtis and Marshall. Both need to STFU.

The only good thing about today's show was seeing Robert and Mac together. That is all.

• Applause 6
  • Love 1

Here's the sad thing, I can totally see Marshall being thr only person in Trona's family to lay off of Spencer. But, Curtis and Portia going to go bats--t crazy...

Also its always the adults that have no moral backbone to stand on with the heaviest judgement. Yes Spencer has made some dumbass mistakes, but at least he admits thrm and knows what he has done is wrong. More then I can say for about 95% of the adults in Port Charles.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5

A lot of insufferable judge McJudgersons in the episode. I went from wanting Curtis on my screen to wishing he would get hooked. Here's to hoping that the wedding built on lies and deceit will give me that. 

Marshall came in the show lying, hiding, beating up a guy to a bloody pulp, but let's judge the 20 year old for standing near Trina. At least Spencer has a clear idea of what he is and isn't. That's one thing no one can reproach him. Thank you, Sam, for reminding douche hat that Spencer did the right thing.

It took the writers a whole episode to rewrite Cody's role in the birth of baby Britta Noelle. Cody called Britt, almost crapped the bed because he was going around in circles until Austin took the phone from him, then stood around while Britt helped deliver the baby. What did he do exactly that was so heroic that he needs to be praised for it repeatedly by Mac and Dante. AND THAT NECKLACE IS NOT YOURS, DOUCHEBAG!!! You are not Leopold's son, therefore, the necklace doesn't belong to you. Delusional much? 

I like this version of Heather. She does come off a lot less threatening than RM's Heather, I find. But I think that she has been delightful so far.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Here's the sad thing, I can totally see Marshall being thr only person in Trona's family to lay off of Spencer. But, Curtis and Portia going to go bats--t crazy...

Also its always the adults that have no moral backbone to stand on with the heaviest judgement. Yes Spencer has made some dumbass mistakes, but at least he admits thrm and knows what he has done is wrong. More then I can say for about 95% of the adults in Port Charles.

Well, except for when he rigged Laura’s first election* so she would win. The hacks may have forgotten that, but I haven’t and never will.

*turd never paid for that! @dubbel zout

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It took the writers a whole episode to rewrite Cody's role in the birth of baby Britta Noelle. Cody called Britt, almost crapped the bed because he was going around in circles until Austin took the phone from him, then stood around while Britt helped deliver the baby. What did he do exactly that was so heroic that he needs to be praised for it repeatedly by Mac and Dante. AND THAT NECKLACE IS NOT YOURS, DOUCHEBAG!!! You are not Leopold's son, therefore, the necklace doesn't belong to you. Delusional much? 

All his scenes yesterday were ridiculous.  Standing there looking at the baby as if he had some sort of epiphany about life because he made a fucking phone call.  Go away, you asshat.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

AND THAT NECKLACE IS NOT YOURS, DOUCHEBAG!!! You are not Leopold's son, therefore, the necklace doesn't belong to you. Delusional much? 

I KNOW. I'm so tired of Cody insisting he's owed the necklace. Even before the DNA test, he wasn't sure he was Leopold's son, right?

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, except for when he rigged Laura’s first election* so she would win. The hacks may have forgotten that, but I haven’t and never will.

*turd never paid for that! @dubbel zout

I guess prepubescent Spencer's actions don't exist anymore, but I WILL NEVER FORGET.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, nilyank said:

They should have hired extras for Rory's family. Since the funeral was offscreen and they just had a few people lingering around the Perks cart, they could have just commented on how devasted Rory's family were at the funeral.

A couple people here theorized the other day that Rory may somehow have a connection to Esme through is family, and the fact that it was specifically mentioned that they weren't there makes me wonder if maybe there might be something to that. 

• Useful 3
24 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

All his scenes yesterday were ridiculous.  Standing there looking at the baby as if he had some sort of epiphany about life because he made a fucking phone call.  Go away, you asshat.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I KNOW. I'm so tired of Cody insisting he's owed the necklace. Even before the DNA test, he wasn't sure he was Leopold's son, right?

He is such a LOSER.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4

I just started today’s episode, and already: STFU, Cody. 

Oh, gee, the overindulged Quartermaine child throwing a temper tantrum about sledding? Who would have predicted that? [eyeroll] They need to send this kid upstairs with Scout, Rocco, and all the other kids we never see. 

• Applause 10

Too. Much. Cody.

I so can’t w/ the character that I had to skip every Britt scene and that’s not cool.

For a while there, I worried that Brooklyn was pregnant - glad to avoid that even if we had to go through the ridiculous “you’re not sick, you’re in love”🤮.

I like Chase so much more with Sasha, I don’t look forward to a triangle. He needs to be in Sasha’s corner when Gladys starts messing w/ her.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Desperado said:

For a while there, I worried that Brooklyn was pregnant

Me too and I spent more than a minute trying to remember if Brase had had sex.  Then i remembered the stupid of Olivia walking into BLQs room without knocking and seeing them together.  Plus when she was listing her symptoms to Maxie they weren't pregnancy symptoms.  

Interesting that Gladys owes Selena a poop ton of money after losing two poker games.  And Selena was all smiling lethal when she basically told her she'd better pay up soon.  

Also interesting that Britt turned to Selena for a fake ID and driver's licence to disapear.  

I get that Carly is way too self involved that she doesn't see anythign beyond herself but Willow's looking like garbage and she doesn't pick up on that?  Also, how is Willow not dead yet?  I thought the bone marrow transplant was neede ASAP.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I cannot stand Cody either. I know I complained about him yesterday and didn't want to do it again today but he is beyond annoying. It's like they are now trying to rehab his character or something. It's too late. He sucks and just needs to go. 

I'm not sure why GH can no longer create a gray, interesting character but they continue to fail at it. Cody is no exception. I muted him and Britt too. The funny thing is Britt was a morally gray but not completely irredeemable character. Whoever introduced her knew what he/she was doing. Whoever created Cody is at a complete loss.

Honestly, I didn't watch much of today's show. lol I caught the moment w/Millow looking at babies or whatever at the end. Man, I hate the very sight of them. I wish they would both get hooked! And Drewfus . . . . ugh. I need them to push the gas on this story already. I'm sick of looking at Willow's pale, stupid face. Let's just be done w/this. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Drew is so thirsty when it comes to Carly that he can't even see what's right in front of him. How does a baby get stolen and not be reported? Gee, I don't know Drewfus, Spare a thought for Nelle a quick second.

Carly is a snake.

In the dumb men category, Sonny and his big ass briefcase of money. Not a Dex fan by any stretch of the imagination, but flashing dimples while he's trying to tell you those are people that should be avoided, maybe you listen to him, since he knows who they are? Nope. Sonny flashes dimples, like Dex is a woman who will swoon or something.

Oh, no! Did the most perfect child in the world throw a tamper tantrum? Nobody saw that coming at all!!

Cody needs to take a leap from the mouth of a volcano, into the volcano.

I enjoyed Sasha and Chase's friendship. This is the sort of thing I'm here for.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Five minutes in and let me guess…BLQ is pregnant. Because you know, it’s not like this show has a habit of making women pregnant. It hasn’t been done since at least September…🙄

I was shocked when they actually went with "She isn't pregnant."

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

This whole Willow-is-sick-but-noone-knows thing is getting to me. I'm going through chemo right now (halfway through, woot!), and I'm finding this whole story insulting. They have the opportunity to do an intelligent story of cancer affecting a young woman, and they are throwing it away. Cancer is more than a convenient storyline. Why not attempt to educate your viewers, even slightly?

Glad you are halfway through...keeping fingers & toes (I can do that) crossed for you & sending only positive vibes! 😊

On a different note...still not feeling the Trina/Spencer connection. And if the "let's pretend to be together" to get Esme plan is a way to bring them together, I find it trite. On Christmas Eve, a disheveled Trina could barely function, mourning and full of guilt for Rory. But boy, she sure bounced back quickly. And yes, I know she didn't love him or was in love with him, but the sudden 'plan' and looking rather content with Spencer makes her come off as disingenuous. 

And Carly, there are no words for the hole she continues to dig deeper for herself. 

• Applause 5
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

They sure aren't being subtle about hooking up Chase and Sasha.

Why does Britt need a fake passport?

Britt probably plans to leave after her birthday party and wants to make it so no one would be able to find her. So her loved ones won't be there as she gets worse before she dies.

Or maybe she sick of having conversations with Cody, so she is going to diasappear with her new identity.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

Carly is a snake.

She really is.  I hope she is SHUNNED when the truth comes out.  I know it won't last, but I'll even take a couple episodes.  I'm sure she'll use the "if I had known Willow was sick" defense, but that's a shitty excuse.  Also, way to be lured away from trying to SAVE WILLOW'S LIFE by Carly's magical vagina, Drew.  There is a time element at play here. 

Ah, Wiley showed his true, spoiled colors today.  To quote the Oompa Loompas: Who do you blame when your kid is a brat, pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat? Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame. You know exactly who's to blame.  The mother and the father.

Could not care less about Cody and his rehabilitation tour.  This character is such a dud that I wish he'd follow Britt out of PC (though I really don't want to wish that on her).

Thank god BLQ isn't pregnant.  The last thing this show needs is another pregnancy.  They're already at two too many. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2

How nice that Sonny uses his girlfriend's hotel for his illicit business. Roman Whosit is quite the silver fox.

Wiley's at the tantrum age. Knowing Willow is sick wouldn't make much difference. But I enjoy watching the idiot child show some normal behavior for a change. They write him as way too good to be true.

LOL at Drewfus's rant about stopping at nothing to find his child while he's trying to mack on Carly in Michael's house.

MB's line reading of the last few things he said to Dev was so strange, like he was threatening Dev instead of imparting information. Very weird.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

MB's line reading of the last few things he said to Dev was so strange, like he was threatening Dev instead of imparting information. Very weird.

Dex. 

Dev was killed in the bombing at what used to be Jake's along with Lulu's boyfriend.

• LOL 1

Please, someone explain this to me since I don't regularly watch the show: how the f*ck is Cody Dominque's and Mac's son? I can believe that Dominque had a kid when she was a teenager and was forced to give it away. I can believe Mac had an unknown son before he landed in Port Charles. I can't believe that Dominque, from everything I seen of her, who was an adult, would knowingly keep a kid from Mac and a brother from Serena. They weren't dating anymore, but it was shown that Mac and Dominque still cared about each other, even after she fell in love with Scott. She wasn't cruel or even presented as self centered and she didn't die suddenly. She wouldn't do that. What weak ass excuse did TIIC come about with?

Argh for the pacing on this show.  It’s like the writers, who’ve likely known KT was planning to leave for quite some time, said “oh, shit, we forgot to write her exit.  Let’s wrap this up and redeem Cody in five episodes.”

On the opposite side of the pacing spectrum, wasn’t Chase’s hearing originally scheduled for the first quarter?  The text he got yesterday showed second quarter. 

I’m enjoying seeing Carly digging herself deeper and deeper (soapy!) and am with @Cheyanne11 with taking even a couple of days of consequences once this is unraveled.  

The Sonny and Dex scenes confused me for a bit then I realized it connected to Valentin’s request.  Gladys’ poker-playing happened offscreen as well.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Please, someone explain this to me since I don't regularly watch the show: how the f*ck is Cody Dominque's and Mac's son? I can believe that Dominque had a kid when she was a teenager and was forced to give it away. I can believe Mac had an unknown son before he landed in Port Charles. I can't believe that Dominque, from everything I seen of her, who was an adult, would knowingly keep a kid from Mac and a brother from Serena. They weren't dating anymore, but it was shown that Mac and Dominque still cared about each other, even after she fell in love with Scott. She wasn't cruel or even presented as self centered and she didn't die suddenly. She wouldn't do that. What weak ass excuse did TIIC come about with?

If I'm remembering correctly, Felicia and Mac believe that when Dom's husband stuck her in a sanitarium, she was probably pregnant and possibly drugged so she didn't realize she was pregnant

1 hour ago, mbluecpa said:

Argh for the pacing on this show.  It’s like the writers, who’ve likely known KT was planning to leave for quite some time, said “oh, shit, we forgot to write her exit.  Let’s wrap this up and redeem Cody in five episodes.”

Knowing this show, Cody will go after her at some point, only to come back and tell her mother and loved ones that she died before giving them her ashes.

1 hour ago, mbluecpa said:

On the opposite side of the pacing spectrum, wasn’t Chase’s hearing originally scheduled for the first quarter?  The text he got yesterday showed second quarter. 

It was scheduled for the spring. It would make more sense to hold it right now and kill this nonsense storyline, but noooo! Can't have that! 

About Carly, because not enough can be said about this rancid control freak psycho. Anything less than a month of her ass being dragged is unacceptable. And she should be barred from having contact with her grandkids. If any character says they understand why she did what she did, they will never leave my shit list again. I'm looking at you Drewfus because her children are hopeless sycophant, but there's still a smidgen of hope for you. Don't be dumber than you already are.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Applause 11
31 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

If any character says they understand why she did what she did, they will never leave my shit list again. I'm looking at you Drewfus because her children are hopeless sycophant, but there's still a smidgen of hope for you. Don't be dumber than you already are.

You expect Drewfus to give up Carly's magic hooha?

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

You expect Drewfus to give up Carly's magic hooha?

The minute, no, the second Jaysus returns, she'll dropkick Drew to the curb. Just like she did last time, when it turned out he wasn't Jaysus and she acted like he was shit she was trying to scrape off from the bottom of her shoes.

Because that's how she rolls.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

I will say I did love this episode. Maybe because it had actual characters I cared about (sans Not my Nik).

Getting Val/Anna, Spencer/Ava/Trina, Victor digging into Nik, Cyrus/Laura, and  future Cyrus vs Victor showdown. My kind of show. No Weeping Willows, Meletonin Michael or Snarly/Jellyfish Drew.

• Like 9

I enjoyed today’s show too, especially the Britt/Liesl talk, Laura/Martin/Cyrus and Spencer apologizing to Ava (not a fan of the longer hair w/ dark roots and wispy ends look MW is sporting, however).

Who is this gorgeous André? Have we seen him w/ Victor before? Couldn’t tell if Valentin was right to be weary or just jealous as he should be. 😋 I hope we get to see him again.

• Like 4

Let the Cyrus redemption arc begin! ..cuz we will need another good actor out and about in Port Chuck with KT leaving. 

I was actually excited to see Andre, which tells you how boring things have become. He needs to help Anna and Val and then make his way back to PC where he can try to light Jordan's fire or something. God knows that woman needs something to wake her up. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
7 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

He needs to help Anna and Val and then make his way back to PC where he can try to light Jordan's fire or something. God knows that woman needs something to wake her up. 

I don't disagree on that point, but I'm not sure Andre is the man for the job. I always found him a snorefest when he was on before.

• Like 2

Dr Maddox actor is so very fine. His storyline with WSB was of course incredibly dumb, but he can stay on my screen. I can't believe I have to stare at Dex when I can stare at Dr. Maddox. For a second, I got worried that Anna's contact was Griffin. The actor is good looking, but Griffin is so hopeless and monotone. Although I would take him over Captain Puff Fish.

If Esme sets her room on fire, does it mean that Victor finds out that Nikolas has been holding her prisoner?

Also, watch your back, Dimitri. The Cassadines hire some softies to be their henchmen. 

Spencer/Ava scenes, A+. 

Britt/Leisl were good, although I'm looking forward to Britt being gone. I like her, but this goodbye has stretched into infinity and beyond.

I don't remember the rest, but any day without the loathsome dipshits is a good day. And I see that some of them will be back tomorrow. *sigh*

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Let the Cyrus redemption arc begin! ..cuz we will need another good actor out and about in Port Chuck with KT leaving. 

Cyrus was clearly today's MVP. And he really shouldn't have to cajole Laura into accepting his help against Victor. Right now the body count is relatively low, with only Luke (for whatever reason, seems like a pointless off-screen kill). Victor defines "clear and present danger" as he's shown no qualms about taking out Laura, Lesley or anyone else he deems necessary.

Did anyone else catch that Martin got ahead of Cyrus with not one, but two scriptures to mockingly support the latter's argument? Maybe Awesome Writer can craft a scene where Cyrus quotes Ezekiel 25:17, ala Jules Whitfield in Pulp Fiction.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 4
  • Love 2