Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, tessaray said:

Granted, Nik was an awful father and Esme is still on the psycho side but this kid is also an interesting Cassadine, Collins, ? and Spencer Webber/Gray mix. 

Will Laura's (and Felicia's?) genes be able to overcome the Cassadine/Ryan/Corinthos ones?

4 hours ago, Blackie said:

I wouldn't call Carly's situation an ethical dilemma because it is just nasty and selfish  that she is keeping the info from Willow and Nina.

Carly's only dilemmas have been how she could avoid getting the consequences of her actions, and how to blame it on someone else.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3

Once again, I guess we're all just supposed to forget that Willow cheated on Chase, but, no, Carly, why should Sonny know better?

I know we've seen flashbacks as to what happed with Lucy, but did they ever show how/why Holly ended up washed up on a beach?

• Like 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Will Laura's (and Felicia's?) genes be able to overcome the Cassadine/Ryan/Corinthos ones?=

Thankfully, I don't think this kid has any Corinthos genes. Unless it ends up being Spencer's.  Which, no.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They'll put a little purple eyeshadow underneath her eyes and she'll swoon a couple times.  Maybe put a scarf on her head, but yeah, this is going to be totally unrealistic. 

When Chloe had cancer on Days, she "lost" her hair, put on a headscarf, then a shiny horrible wig, before "getting hair extensions" so the actress could just wear her hair normally. Of course in Chloe's case her long beautiful hair was a part of her character.

There is this thing called the cold cap which seems to be helping with some patients keeping their hair, but eh, whatever.

Joss and Dex had a pretty hot kiss. Knowing this show, they'll find some way to make Cameron the bad guy.

KT is really getting her money's worth out of her final days on the show. I personally hope there isn't some kind of miracle happy ending and we end with her just moving on and making plans for her care. I agree- have her run off with Austin and then Roger Howarth can come back as a new character in a few weeks.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, look, Carly galumping in and 'having it out with Nina' for the 36th time.  Good stuff! /sarcasm  Plus, yes, Nina misinterpreted the Willow/TJ closeness, however nice way to not give the full story to your mother, Michael.  God, I hate that twerp.

Michael is a complete twerp. And I'm trying to figure out what Carly's goal is here. She just got told that Willow is looking for her biological family. Carly knows who that biological family is, so she's going to go pick a fight with Nina and tell her to what? Stay away from Willow and Michael?

When it comes to assholes, Carly is way way way up there. 

Should be fun when she finds out Willow needs Nina.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, ciarra said:

Sam.  Is Thanksgiving Eve a thing?

Also why wouldn't Rocco go with them to Sonny's since Sonny is his grandfather and the other kids will be there. Especially since Sonny is all about "family". The Thanksgiving plans didn't make much sense.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Am I supposed to have zero sympathy for Willow?  #gocancer?

Sam.  Is Thanksgiving Eve a thing?

When I was in  my 20's it was a big thing, but it was a big party night.  We always went out that night.  Great times!  Not a family thing though. 

• Useful 2
15 hours ago, CeChase said:

I bet they won't have Willow's hair fall out though.  This story won't be realistic.  But we'll see.

I don't remember if Monica lost her hair during her Breast Cancer story line--did she even have chemo? I know she had the mastectomies.

When Alexis had lung cancer, they showed her losing her hair, wearing the scarf and we got the introduction of Jar Jar Binks, who provided her with the marijuana to help her with the chemo side effects.

But with Willow? Nope. They won't do this, because they have NO clue. I still get rage blackout at Ava's reaction to just ONE TREATMENT of chemo.

11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They'll put a little purple eyeshadow underneath her eyes and she'll swoon a couple times.  Maybe put a scarf on her head, but yeah, this is going to be totally unrealistic. 

But of course.

8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

There is this thing called the cold cap which seems to be helping with some patients keeping their hair, but eh, whatever.

snip

KT is really getting her money's worth out of her final days on the show. I personally hope there isn't some kind of miracle happy ending and we end with her just moving on and making plans for her care. I agree- have her run off with Austin and then Roger Howarth can come back as a new character in a few weeks.

1. Yes. Olivia Newton-John used the cold cap, if I recall correctly, so she didn't lose her hair. But I don't expect any of the morons on this show to know that, or the existence of the cold cap.
  2. Are you forgetting what show this is? Of COURSE Britt will have a miracle cure/misdiagnosis IF, IF only to leave the door open for her. That's how this show rolls.

One of the things that peeves me about Holly's return is the erasing of all that happened between her first leaving and this return. She was dead; no she was a hostage; she came back, as the real Holly when Anna and Robert "died" and was there for Robin. 

I haven't forgotten how she tried to blackmail the doctors or whoever for the monkey virus antidote, while Robin, ROBIN, lay dying. Or that bullshit of retcon that she and Luke had that one night stand because Oh HORRORS! they thought they wuz gonna DIE!!!! that spawned Ethan. Especially since this happened during the period when Luke and Laura, and Lucky were HAPPY. Even if they were on the run.

Or even her last visit, where there was none of this love that Robert and Holly had when they first fell in love.

Bitter, who, me?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I just saw the preview for today's show.  Carly screeching at Nina "you wanna come at me!? Bring it on!"  WTF?  Isn't Carly in her 50's now?  Who acts this way?  I wish they would write for her better.  LW is a good actress with the right material.  But she leans way too heavy into the screeching and threatening.  And I think it's ridiculous on a woman her age.  Or a man!  This is just so stupid.  

Regarding Emma Samms, I don't know if she was better back in the day, but she is not a good actress today, that's for sure. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Applause 7
6 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Regarding Emma Samms, I don't know if she was better back in the day, but she is not a good actress today, that's for sure. 

She was better back in the day in comparison to this return. Hell, she was much, much better in the Murder, She Wrote episode from season...8? 9? The one where they were all trapped in the ski lodge?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I find a lot of things about Michael and Willow irritating, but yesterday's prize for most irritating goes to Willow for saying she wanted to keep her treatment quiet because she didn't want to scare Wiley. Does she think that golden child  will suddenly become too stupid to notice any changes in her behavior while she's going through chemo? 

I had a whole lot more written about the writers not bothering to learn any facts about chemotherapy before creating this stupid plot point story as the reason to reveal Nina as Willow's mother, but after several revisions of this message I had to accept the fact that  I was unable to find the words to communicate the appropriate level of venom and the depth of my disgust and disdain. 

Edited by rur
  • Hugs 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, rur said:

I had a whole lot more written about the writers not bothering to learn any facts about chemotherapy before creating this stupid plot point story as the reason to reveal Nina as Willow's mother, but after several revisions of this message I had to accept the fact that  I was unable to find the words to communicate the appropriate level of venom and the depth of my disgust. 

THIS. Right here. Especially the bolded, because I underwent aggressive chemotherapy after my mastectomy and I get such rage blackout. It's offensive and insulting.

And this Twat is in the fourth stage, right? So the treatment has to be aggressive. 

• Applause 10

If Cody was adopted by the Bells, with a legal adoption decree, then all parental rights of biological parents are terminated.  No inheritance by and through, unless specific in a will and then it's to a non-relative.  Maybe this is to show how stupid Cody is.  Or it might be the writers who are the stupid ones. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Right, plus having an ethical dilemma would imply a sense of ethics which we know Carly lacks.

Be fair, now. Carly's ethics are "How can this best serve me?"

10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

One of my chemo buddies used an early version of the cold cap while being treated for breast cancer and the tech used panty liners as insulation, LOL. He'd tried it himself to make sure it worked, which I thought was so cool. A few weeks ago I saw another woman using the cold cap, and her insulation looked more like a knit cap.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I still get rage blackout at Ava's reaction to just ONE TREATMENT of chemo.

Oh, god, me too. She seriously wanted to kill herself. UGH. GAH. I mean, when I was puking up my guts on one of my protocols, I wanted to die, but I wasn't going to ask my doctor to do it, the way Ava asked Silas. 

37 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Or it might be the writers who are the stupid ones. 

There is no "or" about it. The writers are stupid. They don't care about anything they're writing in any way. 

Statler and Waldorf were always my favorite Muppets.

• Applause 6
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

. . . because I underwent aggressive chemotherapy after my mastectomy and I get such rage blackout. It's offensive and insulting.

And this Twat is in the fourth stage, right? So the treatment has to be aggressive. 

Exactly. And thank you. I had been thinking that I might have been the only one who felt that way. There are a lot of us who have actually been through chemo, and we know it's not easy. Even most people who have no experience with chemo know about  some of the side effects. It's a shame that the writers haven't had Willow express some concerns about her treatment.

And I hope you're doing well, @GHScorpiosrule!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, rur said:

It's a shame that the writers haven't had Willow express some concerns about her treatment.

They have, but as always, the emphasis is on the wrong syllable: her baby, stupid Wiley, even stupider Michael. Nothing about how she might be affected.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

Also why wouldn't Rocco go with them to Sonny's since Sonny is his grandfather and the other kids will be there. Especially since Sonny is all about "family". The Thanksgiving plans didn't make much sense.

I assumed it was the show making an excuse for why the kids are offscreen. They’ll probably be playing upstairs in the Q mansion the whole time their Thanksgiving is going on and now we have a reason they aren’t at Sonny’s place either 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

When Alexis had lung cancer, they showed her losing her hair, wearing the scarf and we got the introduction of Jar Jar Binks, who provided her with the marijuana to help her with the chemo side effects.

I hated a lot about Alexis’ lung cancer SL but the show at least made the effort to show her visibly sick and struggling through treatment for months and made it clear that she couldn’t work during it. They also had her dealing with the difficulties in maintaining her appetite and trying to be there for a young Kristina, who was scared of losing her, while simultaneously struggling with parenting her because she was so sick. 

That’s miles above what they’ve done with Willow, who was able to successfully hide being sick for months and will probably continue to hide it through chemo. I’m sure she’ll somehow continue to be the best nurse and mommy ever and not show any visible side effects from chemo. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, rur said:

Exactly. And thank you. I had been thinking that I might have been the only one who felt that way. There are a lot of us who have actually been through chemo, and we know it's not easy. Even most people who have no experience with chemo know about  some of the side effects. It's a shame that the writers haven't had Willow express some concerns about her treatment.

And I hope you're doing well, @GHScorpiosrule!

This regime is a bunch of morons.

And thank you! I'm coming up on the 8th year anniversary when I started chemo-11/27th to be exact. Yeah, my mind/brain latches on to such milestones.

Just now, ffwbe said:

I hated a lot about Alexis’ lung cancer SL but the show at least made the effort to show her visibly sick and struggling through treatment for months and made it clear that she couldn’t work during it. They also had her dealing with the difficulties in maintaining her appetite and trying to be there for a young Kristina, who was scared of losing her, while simultaneously struggling with parenting her because she was so sick. 

Exactly. They even had Ric sue for custody of Molly because of this!

• Hugs 6
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

That’s miles above what they’ve done with Willow, who was able to successfully hide being sick for months and will probably continue to hide it through chemo. I’m sure she’ll somehow continue to be the best nurse and mommy ever and not show any visible side effects from chemo. 

Willow's symptoms vanished suddenly after she found out she was pregnant, then told she has cancer. She was fainting all over the place, she was exhausted, all that went bye bye for some reason. Instead of upping the ante, they backed down. 

The writers are cowards. Either you tackle the issue or you don't write it. It's like them deciding to expediate Britt's Huntington's. She went for more than a year like there was nothing wrong with her, now her jazz hands has returned and she'll be in palliative care within a year or something like that.

• Applause 4
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That's her natural hair color.

I'd like for a massive crater to open up and swallow half of the population of PC. The line starts behind Carly.

I'm okay with a comet cratering places where some characters live. 

But the pocket universe that is Port Charles is so tiny already.  Like everyone is at the exact same place at the one park in town and the same tiny little part of the docks.  And do people usually hang out at commercial docks?

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They even had Ric sue for custody of Molly because of this!

Oh, that made me furious. It made Ric look terrible for not being more sympathetic to Alexis's illness—how dare she get cancer and be unable to parent 100 percent effectively! Ugh. All they had to have him do was have a calm discussion with her that maybe it would be easier for her if Molly lived with him for a while. But no, Ric was OMG TEH EVUL and sued. (At least Rick Hearst got the last laugh by getting another job so quickly the show had no choice but to write him off without killing or further demeaning Ric.)

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, that made me furious. It made Ric look terrible for not being more sympathetic to Alexis's illness—how dare she get cancer and be unable to parent 100 percent effectively! Ugh. All they had to have him do was have a calm discussion with her that maybe it would be easier for her if Molly lived with him for a while. But no, Ric was OMG TEH EVUL and sued. (At least Rick Hearst got the last laugh by getting another job so quickly the show had no choice but to write him off without killing or further demeaning Ric.)

ABSOLUTELY!

And also agree about Rick Hearst. This show, man. Truly wasted the talents of Rick Hearst and almost always had him lose. I laughed so hard his last appearance (at the time) was him leaving the hospital and entering the elevator, hale and hearty.

No Rosalind* falling down the shaft for him!

*That will never NOT be morbidly hilarious from L.A. Law!😂🤣

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

ABSOLUTELY!

And also agree about Rick Hearst. This show, man. Truly wasted the talents of Rick Hearst and almost always had him lose. I laughed so hard his last appearance (at the time) was him leaving the hospital and entering the elevator, hale and hearty.

No Rosalind* falling down the shaft for him!

*That will never NOT be morbidly hilarious from L.A. Law!😂🤣

I was so disappointed some weeks (months?) back when the elevators were out of order. Such a wasted opportunity to off a few unnecessary characters. 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This regime is a bunch of morons.

And thank you! I'm coming up on the 8th year anniversary when I started chemo-11/27th to be exact. Yeah, my mind/brain latches on to such milestones.

I started chemo the day before Thanksgiving in 2020, which might be the reason I've been so testy about this story at this time, even though I'm good now. 

Willow's symptoms vanished suddenly after she found out she was pregnant, then told she has cancer. She was fainting all over the place, she was exhausted, all that went bye bye for some reason. Instead of upping the ante, they backed down. 

Excellent point. 

I hope a writer is reading this. 

• Hugs 12
34 minutes ago, rur said:

I started chemo the day before Thanksgiving in 2020, which might be the reason I've been so testy about this story at this time, even though I'm good now. 

Yeah, the 27th in 2014 was the day after Thanksgiving, and my asshole of a boss at the time made me coordinate our office move, which took all damned day. I was so sick and nauseas, that by the time I got home, I called my oncology team and the wonderful nurse prescribed a different drug and it worked wonders.

Great to hear you're doing well!

Topic?

I wonder if Willow's "Drop Dead" comment to Nina will surface as a flashback when she learns Nina is her mother, and most likely the bone marrow match.

Wait. I forgot what show this was. They'll probably pressure Nina to donate as "restitution" for accusing her of having an affair with TJ, don'tchaknow!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I've been in my unwanted partnership with cancer for nine years (get a colonoscopy when it's time, everyone!!), and I'm resigned to terrible stories about it no matter what the show. Willow's story is particularly stupid, but it's also TFGH. I wish they'd just make up diseases at this point. At least that way they can write the story however they want without insulting people.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 11
  • Applause 1
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I've been in my unwanted partnership with cancer for nine years (get a colonoscopy when it's time, everyone!!), and I'm resigned to terrible stories about it no matter what the show. Willow's story is particularly stupid, but it's also TFGH. I wish they'd just make up diseases at this point. At least that way they can write the story however they want without insulting people.

How could I forget? Season Two of GH: Nightshift did a fantastic job of Robert's cancer story.

Then again, that was all Sri Rao. 'nuff said.

• Love 1

So in the roundabout, Carly could not give two fucks about Willow and what she wants. I can say that she hates Nina more than she loves Willow, but either way, she doesn't care about what the mother of her grandson wants. And now she's getting involved in the investigation with Drew so that she can sabotage it, I'm assuming.

I'd be happy if I knew for sure that Carly was going to get her comeuppance on this, but she won't. 

The worst part is that Carly had a way to come clean about this. She could have gone to Willow, told her what Harmony said that she did a DNA test, but she said nothing because Willow didn't want to know. But Carly must double down on everything all the time.

She sucks.

I was expecting to feel somewhat emotional with the Britt/Leisl scenes, but I didn't. 

Chase needs to stop giving BL the benefit of the doubt. He takes love is blind to another level.

I can't bring myself to care about Holly and her woes. This storyline is not landing the way I thought it would.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

So did Holly take her laced bottle of "salt" back with her when she left or is it still sitting on the table ready to knock someone else out  Also, how did she unbuckle the handcuffs in order to take the briefcase.  Color me shocked that she had the briefcase and not one of Victor's minions, whom i thought would be waiting in the room for HOlly to bring Robert to him.  

Also weird, Diane passing the buck to the Maitre D chick,  because she couldn't bother to wait for the WSB guy to show up, but then 89 seconds later is still there, concerned about Robert and available when he comes stumbling out of the elevator.  It just made her look flaky when she ended up still being there.  

Seriously, how old is Carly that she's threatening to throw a bowl of soup in Nina's face.  Guh.  And with her offering to help Drew look for willow's parents, she ensures that he'll never learn the truth.  Also, Carly, get a job.  

Loved the Martin/Valentin scenes and how Valentin realized that there were two shots so where did the second shell casing go.  

Linc/BLQ/Chase:  It's all garbage at this point.  I'm to believe that BLQ and her "I am woman hear me roar" would chose her songbook, that she hasn't had for three years anyway, over showing the true disgusting nature of Linc.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Like 3
  • Love 6

I don’t who was more blind about their partners today- Drew who said Carly is honest to a fault or Chase having no clue why BL wouldn’t write the letter or tell him about it. Those 2 are firmly in himbo territory 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

"You gotta remember Willow!" OMG. This show is so infuriating.

Why doesn't Michael, with his State Department contact (as if!), get the feds on the case? It's for Willow! I'm sure that would make it  the top priority.

Sonny, why are you surprised Michael didn't come to you for help finding Willow's bio parents? He hates you.

Nina deserved to be dragged a bit by Carly for the stupid tattling about Brick, but it's tiresome that Carly is always at Defcon 1 for everything.

Brook Lynn, I'm pretty sure girls from the Midwest aren't flying to Port Charles in droves to start their music careers. And I resent the implication that all Midwest girls are naive.

8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can't bring myself to care about Holly and her woes.

I can't either. Ethan isn't on the show anymore, so any danger to him is offscreen. Paloma's shooting was a flashback, and Victor hasn't done anything effectively sinister for ages. He's all bluster and no action, and we're no closer to knowing his master plan than we were when he first oozed into town.

12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Also weird, Diane passing the buck to the Maitre D chick,  because she couldn't bother to wait for the WSB guy to show up, but then 89 seconds later is still there, concerned about Robert and available when he comes stumbling out of the elevator.  It just made her look flaky when she ended up still being there.  

I guess running into Sonny and Nina delayed Diane enough to see Robert.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I guess running into Sonny and Nina delayed Diane enough to see Robert.

But if the show wanted her there to be the one to find Robert, why not just have her there waiting for the WSB guy, which she promised she would do.  Having her be all dismissive, "I can't wait, have some random chick give the message to the WSB guy' made her look badly and I don't beleive it would be in Diane's nature to leave Robert in the lurch.  

.......and, I'm overthinking it!!!

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But if the show wanted her there to be the one to find Robert, why not just have her there waiting for the WSB guy, which she promised she would do.  Having her be all dismissive, "I can't wait, have some random chick give the message to the WSB guy' made her look badly and I don't beleive it would be in Diane's nature to leave Robert in the lurch.  

Hey, that random chick has a name (can't remember it now) and she got lines too first interacting with Carly and Nina, then with Diane.

So Robert and Holly put on a big old obvious show for Victor right?

53 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And now she's getting involved in the investigation with Drew so that she can sabotage it, I'm assuming.

Carly doesn't have to do much. I don't know why anyone (Willow and Michael) thinks that Drew would be able to find anything or anyone. He is not a private detective. He is not smart. And for this show, he is not Jason.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

No weirder than Robert trusting Holly with a drink or saying that he trusts her with his life when he knows she's been lying through her teeth since she arrived in PC.

Or no weirder than Robert spewing words about licking it, slamming it and sucking it like he's still in High School.

This show always finds a way to disappoint. But we're headed full throttle for a Diane/Robert pairing, which might actually be an upgrade over these loser pairings we've been subjected to. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So Robert and Holly put on a big old obvious show for Victor right?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh, I had not thought of that.  Who do I have to pay for that to be the case and not that Robert let Holly play him.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

And with her offering to help Drew look for willow's parents, she ensures that he'll never learn the truth. 

And then, when Willow's on her death bed, this asshole will blurt it out and somehow be proclaimed the savior. 

God, I hate her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But we're headed full throttle for a Diane/Robert pairing, which might actually be an upgrade over these loser pairings we've been subjected to. 

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want Robert getting together with  the mob's mouthpiece. He DESERVES better. Just let him stay single if DIANE is the only other option left; And a BIG FAT FUCKING NO to Olivia as well.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

The scenes between Britt and Dr. O slayed me.  I truly truly truly don't want Britt to die.  Let her leave the canvas for a few months (to do her stint on Station 19).  Then let her come back and have Austin realize she's been poisoned by Cassidine or one of Peter's minions.

I don't know why but I've gotten pretty fond of Britt.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

The scenes between Britt and Dr. O slayed me.  I truly truly truly don't want Britt to die.  Let her leave the canvas for a few months (to do her stint on Station 19).  Then let her come back and have Austin realize she's been poisoned by Cassidine or one of Peter's minions.

I don't know why but I've gotten pretty fond of Britt.

Same.  Much like with Ava (in my opinion) the actress has taken this character who is capable of horrible things and made her into someone I’m really rooting for.  Dang in just a couple days she’s shown far more emotion about her diagnosis than stupid saccharine Willow has in many many months.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

I assume that what Holly took was  fake necklace, with Robert's help. Cue Robert helping Holly disappear.

I really wanted Carly to throw the soup on Nina and then have Nina get her arrested. Carly needs to face consequences instead of getting away with everything, from insider trading to keeping Willow's maternity a secret.

I cannot understand why the show wasted KT for years. And why Carly is the "star".

8 hours ago, rur said:

I find a lot of things about Michael and Willow irritating, but yesterday's prize for most irritating goes to Willow for saying she wanted to keep her treatment quiet because she didn't want to scare Wiley. Does she think that golden child  will suddenly become too stupid to notice any changes in her behavior while she's going through chemo?

That hit me too -- do they really think that Wiley isn't going to notice when her hair falls out and she's too exhausted to play with him or puking when he wants her to read with him? It would be better to prepare Wylie so that he's not scared when the changes happen.

Willow wanted to hide her diagnosis from Michael and the result is that now she's in stage 4. She still hasn't learned that the world doesn't stop just because she wants it to.

I remember when my hair all fell out from the chemo. It was suck a shock, as if I'd lost not just my hair but who I was. Instead of Willow always worrying about how her cancer is going to affect Michael and Wylie, they could write Willow questioning who she really is, the no-name kid who Harmony stole and who grew up believing a lie.

But like Willow never processing the death of her birth baby and mixing him up with Wylie, the writers have no interest in Willow as anything other than a reflection of Carly and her progeny.

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Exactly. They even had Ric sue for custody of Molly because of this!

That sadly is not unknown IRL. My neighbour was telling about her friend whose separated husband offered to take the kids as she was going through chemo, and then went to court to sue for full custody.

• Sad 4
  • Love 7

Lemme get this straight. A $35 million necklace was being kept in an office in a hospital. Then it was seized by the DA and a police officer, and placed in a briefcase, to be picked up by the WSB. But instead of being taken to a police station for the hand-off, the briefcase is handcuffed to the DA, who heads off to a hotel for the hand-off, while the police officer goes back to work. Did I get that right? I have clearly been under the wrong impression that $35 million is a LOT of money.

As someone who started chemo two weeks ago, I can already tell I'm going to hate the Willow-doing-chemo story. Tell Wyllie you're sick. I can't remember how old he is, but he's old enough to know that his mom is sick, and she's getting medicine at the hospital to make her better but it will make her sicker for a while. He doesn't need to know the gory details, but he's going to know something is wrong with her.

• Hugs 16
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And then, when Willow's on her death bed, this asshole will blurt it out and somehow be proclaimed the savior. 

God, I hate her.

I’m already so annoyed so I’m dreading the next few months. It’s insane that she’s already known this secret for 6 or 7 months. Now she’s going to attempt to sabotage Drew’s investigation and waste everyone’s time. I’m sure once she finds out about the cancer, she’ll first try to manipulate Nina into donating without telling her why and only tell the truth once Willow is on her deathbed and it’s the only way to get Nina to donate. And her Tony Robbins impersonator bf will still act like she’s the paragon of honesty and hasn’t been lying to his face every single day while feeling zero remorse. What exactly is the point of her big revelation in Jacksonville because she’s just as terrible as ever and clearly only cares about her own mother/daughter relationships, not anyone else’s. 

I’ve said in the past that I dislike Willow and though that hasn’t changed, this story should be hers and Nina’s. They have their own relationship and conflicts that have nothing to do with Carly. Yet Carly has more POV and focus than either of them in this story just so she has another reason to feud with Nina. If there was any character who needed to be rested, it’s Carly because she clearly don’t care to give her her own SLs but will unnecessarily shoved her in other people’s stories when she adds nothing. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really wanted Carly to throw the soup on Nina and then have Nina get her arrested.

I assume you meant for Carly to get arrested, but knowing this show it could be Nina getting arrested in her own hotel for having soup thrown on her.

What about golden child Wiley's bone marrow being used to save Willow?  After all, with Nina being her mother and Nelle her sister, Wiley is now a blood relative.  Of course, Willow would not allow Wiley to go through the pain and discomfort of having to donate bone marrow and to be used as a donor, as he is so special.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Re: Monica & cancer. I remember a scene where she was brushing her hair and noticed the large amount of hair that was falling out with each brush stroke. Another scene where she was screaming with rage about how her body had betrayed her by having cancer. Her scene partner was either Alan or Sean.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 2