Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, jacourt said:

When I first saw spencer this week in the courtroom I thought what is Jared kushner doing on gh. 

YES!  I keep seeing this talk about how he’s all hot or whatever.  I’ve thought that dude looked like Jared Kushner from the moment I saw him.  That probably has to do with why I don’t care about Spencer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's not up to Brando, though, and as an addict he should know that. Sasha's the only one who can help herself at the moment. And of course she wants more drugs. She's an addict.

Since Brando is a recovered addict, he knows that you have to stick with the counselling. He knows that if Sasha makes excuses not to go then that is a bad sign. I think he is desperate to try to help but ya I think he is going to have to give her an ultimatum and move on if she isn't going to get help. I think he "knows" he can't control her or her recovery.

• Love 6

Brick redeem yourself in my eyes. Figure out that Dex is working for Michael. I am so tired of this storyline.

The reason Jason worked so well for Sonny is that Jason was smarter than Sonny. Dex isn't. (Nor for that matter is Michael.)

Brando should not have told Sasha that someone needs to control her but his is right that she is being irresponsible at ducking therapy. The deal for staying out of Spring Ridge is that she does outpatient therapy.

Spencer's redemption arc: I hate Diane. There is no reason to go into how Spencer got out of prison to go to the graveyard, it's not about Trina.

Dear ADA, the good thing about auditing a course is that there are no terms papers that you have to hand in. Also, why would anyone send in a term paper time delay instead of just sending it when it's done? No prof has ever objected to getting a per early.

Joss to Spencer: "I knew that I could trust you to do the right thing after you exhausted all options."  What a bitch. No thanks for risking going back to jail, no support, just smugness.

Ava figuring out that Esme's attack is personal and then mob threatening her is chef's kiss.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I'm glad the trial is over. It was lame - the little I saw - but I liked Trina's one tear and Spencer did the best he could! Even though it wasn't helpful, his friends now know he hadn't turned his back on them. That will help w/the Spencer/Trina/Rory triangle. 

honestly. when Joss said what she said, I would have loved Spencer if he just kept on walking. because I've been saying it from jump. Joss kept going after Esme and every time Esme lashed out it hurt so many people because Joss (like her mother) needs to have the last word.  had she just shut up and listened to Trina in the first place maybe Esme doesn't escalate it so far (again i am firmly on team Esme up to the point of the cafe where she seemed she actually was listening to Laura, and Joss legit just took that knife and dug it in because she wanted to one up her).  Joss wanted Spencer to dump someone whom he cared about etc because Joss didn't like her (and again this show is so heavy on loading up the "i Told You so side." they didn't make Esme more nuanced or even have someone set her up for sending the video (though she could have been having trouble simply for filming it which is fine in the wrongness).

Joss only remembers they are friends when she wants to lord over him. i hope he continues to have no time for him. 

as for Sasha/Brando. honestly. he needs to Intervention her and leave.  this isn't just about Liam (because she took drugs because of Michael (whatever)  and if she doesn't care about her sobriety (her decision), he needs to take care of his and leave her [this would be a good time to start seeing some sponsers or something]

• Love 11
(edited)

There wasn't enough Ava/Esme, but the way Ava is able to read Esme and her understanding of her character was great. And yes, Ava, there's a whole lot of reason why she hates you that much. And Esme knowing everything about Ava, even though it's public knowledge was very in character. I'm not into the whole idea that 18 year old tricked Nikolas into sleeping with her. He is the one who drove the rift between himself and Ava by choosing to have Esme under his roof. And his sleazy ass should've just kept his pants zipped up.

Don't care about Michael and Dex. Dex has such a bobble head that it's hard for me to focus on anything he says. But way to go Michael, lying to your girlfriend and way to go Willow, lying to your boyfriend. May lightning strike this little group down.

I've got nothing good to say about the trial other than the actor's performance, which was really good. And where is this jury they keep talking about? It's so annoying.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 2
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's not up to Brando, though, and as an addict he should know that. Sasha's the only one who can help herself at the moment. And of course she wants more drugs. She's an addict.

Oh, yes, I agree. Brando knows this too, but he's in love w/Sasha so he's extra invested in her recovery and he's not thinking objectively. At some point, I'm sure he will leave her b/c he will have no other choice, but I can understand his current desire to "force" her into treatment. 

14 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Since Brando is a recovered addict, he knows that you have to stick with the counselling. He knows that if Sasha makes excuses not to go then that is a bad sign. I think he is desperate to try to help but ya I think he is going to have to give her an ultimatum and move on if she isn't going to get help. I think he "knows" he can't control her or her recovery.

Exactly! I couldn't agree more. If you are going to recover, you have to stick w/the program, but you cannot force anyone to commit to it. Brando knows both things. He's just in love w/Sasha and wants her to commit recovery. He'll have to leave her soon enough b/c she's a mess. 

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

honestly. when Joss said what she said, I would have loved Spencer if he just kept on walking. . . . Joss only remembers they are friends when she wants to lord over him. i hope he continues to have no time for him. 

as for Sasha/Brando. honestly. he needs to Intervention her and leave.  this isn't just about Liam (because she took drugs because of Michael (whatever)  and if she doesn't care about her sobriety (her decision), he needs to take care of his and leave her [this would be a good time to start seeing some sponsers or something]

Couldn't agree more w/both points! 

I don't think Spencer should waste time w/Josslyn but I think it's good for her to know the truth about him and his motives. But yeah . . . . I would be fine w/them never sharing scenes again!

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Sonny mentions Dex being about the same age Stone and Jason were when he preyed on their vulnerable situations and got them into a life of criminal servitude to him. Heartwarming. 

Brando getting heated and losing his cool a bit was real to me. He's not going to be perfect every minute. He's a recovering addict himself and its clear he's desperate to help Sasha. He knows she's making excuses right now and without a program she won't stay clean. I thought those scenes played really well. 

Joss tells Spencer she knew he would do the right thing. Uh, when? She's been dragging him and wrote him off ages ago. I like her hating on Sonny but that kid is still Carly to her core. Michael too, who couldn't wait half a second for a, "come in." 

Michael, Brando and Dex looked like triplets in that stairwell today.

I could watch Ava and Esme spar all day. Loved their scenes. AP has been another diamond of a find along with NC. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7

I think for an addiction SL to resonate, you have to already be somewhat invested in the character and that’s where I’m falling on Sasha. I hardly know and don’t care about her. Addicts tend to act unlikeable and try and push away their loved ones because they don’t want to stop what they’re doing. When I watch her scenes, I just want Brando to wash his hands of her, which is probably not the intention.

Even their relationship barely calls for this level of investment. They had a ONS, she got pregnant, then they decided to be together for real and be a happy family even though they hardly knew each other. She was high when they got married and they completely glossed over that and she’s been a mess this whole year and he only very recently noticed. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

@ffwbe - Heck, I like Sasha, and I also want Brando to wash his hands of her! LOL! You are not alone.

This story is not good, and maybe it's b/c of how her addiction started. I'm still salty they let her become an addict b/c she lost dopey Michael?!?! What a joke! I was fine w/them having a baby and out of all the babies recently born, I didn't think theirs deserved to die but I didn't care all that much. Sasha relapsing b/c of her baby's death makes sense but I don't care. 

I have no issue w/Sasha or Brando or them as a couple, but this story is not doing it for me. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

YES!  I keep seeing this talk about how he’s all hot or whatever.  I’ve thought that dude looked like Jared Kushner from the moment I saw him.  That probably has to do with why I don’t care about Spencer.

I don't see it.  I think he's very hot.  And I don't think Jared is.  If that needs to be said, LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Dear ADA, the good thing about auditing a course is that there are no terms papers that you have to hand in. Also, why would anyone send in a term paper time delay instead of just sending it when it's done? No prof has ever objected to getting a per early.

I know, what was all of that? The time-delay aspect has been mentioned since the beginning. There's no consistency to the trial—Spencer was subpoenaed by the DA as a prosecution witness, and so should have been recalled to the stand, not treated as a new witness. Exactly how many writers are involved with this mess? It doesn't track from day to day. More than usual, that is.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think for an addiction SL to resonate, you have to already be somewhat invested in the character and that’s where I’m falling on Sasha. I hardly know and don’t care about her. Addicts tend to act unlikeable and try and push away their loved ones because they don’t want to stop what they’re doing. When I watch her scenes, I just want Brando to wash his hands of her, which is probably not the intention.

I sort of got the impression that maybe the actress is on her way out.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Yeah, about that jury. It’s strange we’ve seen nothing of them, but that could be Covid related to keep down the number of people in the courtroom

Usual great stuff between Ava and Esme. Esme shouldn’t be making it so personal because it’s raising Ava’s suspicions.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I choose to believe that Sasha's addiction didn't start because she missed the entitled little prick, but because of the general stress of the time in her life, in combination with her own guilt about lying to Michael and Willow and tanking relationships with that lie.  Honestly, Michael as a person was pretty incidental to all that was happening in Sasha's life.  This is the only way it makes any sense.

• Like 2

I can't figure out if it's personal for Esme herself or just personal for Ryan. If it's Ryan, then it's very cruel to plant Kiki's picture when he's trying to get Ava back.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

lmao Michael has a "work think" lmao. like he works.  And he IS NOT AT WORK. he's dealing with Dex. look at Michael lying to his girlfriend.

Does Michael still have a job? He was CEO at Aurora but now Drew is back and while Drew at least talks about talking to people when he's not hanging off of Carly, Michael hasn't been seen working. At all. Isn't Willow getting suspicious?

31 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But way to go Michael, lying to your girlfriend and way to go Willow, lying to your boyfriend. May lightning strike you down.

They are perfect for each other. I liked Willow when she was with Chase but not now.

• Love 7

The only thing I got from that stairwell convo between Michael and Dex yesterday is that fluorescent lighting is unforgiving and Michael has terrible skin.

Spencer was hotter before he cut his hair.  It’s far too short and neat and to top everything off it makes his head look tiny.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

I don't see it.  I think he's very hot.  And I don't think Jared is.  If that needs to be said, LOL

I think NC is objectively gorgeous. The scenes the other day where Ava was catching onto him helping Trina, and he gave a little puppy dog grin…it helps that he’s also a very good actor. GH lucked out with him. 

• Love 18
59 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Spencer was hotter before he cut his hair.  It’s far too short and neat and to top everything off it makes his head look tiny.

yeah. i do NOT like that hair cut. i think that cut needs a fatter head LOL if that makes sense. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

No addict is ever 'recovered.'  They are 'In Recovery' forever, which means they go to counseling AND attend regular AA or NA meetings, which I don't see Brando doing.  The fact that he's trying to control someone else, no matter how gallant and understandable, does not show any recovery.  Get Thee to a meeting, Brando.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i do NOT like that hair cut.

ya I didn't get that hair cut, something is going on in the world. Even our Prime Minister, He-Of-the -Great-Hair has a weird haircut right now. Its that or mullets it seems like😫

Does Ava know that Esme visits Ryan? I don't think it will take her long to put 2 and 2 together, Esme exposed too much knowledge that is weird that she has,

• Love 3
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Joss to Spencer: "I knew that I could trust you to do the right thing after you exhausted all options."  What a bitch. No thanks for risking going back to jail, no support, just smugness.

The show is all in on making her EXACTLY like her mother.  No nuance, no nothing--just straight-up Carly Jr. 

So we get a break from Spinelli today and have to deal with Brick, who is just as annoying.  Dear writers, just because someone in the entertainment field is a fan of the show doesn't mean you have to GIVE THEM a role on the show.  Stephen A. Smith is obnoxious enough on ESPN--I don't need him on GH, too.

LOL at Michael claiming he had a "work thing."  As if he's spent a day in the office in the year of our lord 2022. 

So that makes two people in one week who have brought up killing Esme.  Are we going to get a murder ~mystery?  I'd hate to lose Avery, but there's a whole lot of threatening going on and I presume once Spencer finds out about his dad and her, it'll be even more. 

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think anyone knows they have direct contact.

I think Kevin does as he’s forbidden her from seeing Ryan as part of her “internship” and from Springridge altogether. I think Nic only knows about her visiting Springridge

• Like 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The show is all in on making her EXACTLY like her mother.  No nuance, no nothing--just straight-up Carly Jr. 

So we get a break from Spinelli today and have to deal with Brick, who is just as annoying.  Dear writers, just because someone in the entertainment field is a fan of the show doesn't mean you have to GIVE THEM a role on the show.  Stephen A. Smith is obnoxious enough on ESPN--I don't need him on GH, too.

LOL at Michael claiming he had a "work thing."  As if he's spent a day in the office in the year of our lord 2022. 

So that makes two people in one week who have brought up killing Esme.  Are we going to get a murder ~mystery?  I'd hate to lose Avery, but there's a whole lot of threatening going on and I presume once Spencer finds out about his dad and her, it'll be even more. 

I read somewhere that the actress recently signed a three-year contract.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, lala2 said:

I'm glad the trial is over. It was lame - the little I saw - but I liked Trina's one tear and Spencer did the best he could! Even though it wasn't helpful, his friends now know he hadn't turned his back on them. That will help w/the Spencer/Trina/Rory triangle. 

I don't think the trial is over yet. Trina still hasn't testified. And I suppose there will be an 11th-hour save via the bartender waking up.

But I hope that at some point Diane will counter the ADA's stupid stunt of timed emails by saying that if Trina was planning an alibi, she probably would have put herself in a crowded space at the time of email release-- not an empty cemetery where she couldn't possibly have known she'd see Spencer.

Does anyone know what it was that Esme put in the envelope and was hoping Ava wouldn't see? 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Does anyone know what it was that Esme put in the envelope and was hoping Ava wouldn't see? 

It was a letter she was writing to her nanny, Maggie.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

On today's episode there was a photo of Wiley on someone's phone?  Was it on Michael's phone or was it on Dax's phone?  If it was on Dax's why?  Could he have some connection to Nelle?

46 minutes ago, dbklmt said:

On today's episode there was a photo of Wiley on someone's phone?  Was it on Michael's phone or was it on Dax's phone?

Michael's phone I think. He was talking to Willow about how good the timing is to have another baby, and she was talking about how much she wished that she had had a brother or sister. (Nelle! Nelle! Nelle!)

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Michael's phone I think. He was talking to Willow about how good the timing is to have another baby, and she was talking about how much she wished that she had had a brother or sister. (Nelle! Nelle! Nelle!)

You forgot a part to this conversation. Michael telling her that he and Morgan were close, except when they were fighting over Kiki.

You know her other sister.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

You know her other sister.

Michael having been with all three of Silas' daughters is very squicky even for a soap.

Two of them are now dead and the third is about to be diagnosed with a serious illness. Michael should come with a warning.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, racked said:

I think NC is objectively gorgeous. The scenes the other day where Ava was catching onto him helping Trina, and he gave a little puppy dog grin…it helps that he’s also a very good actor. GH lucked out with him. 

Another where I’m going to have to disagree.  When everyone else around you is terrible, you’re going to stand out even if you’re just somewhat decent.

• Fire 1
  • Love 1

I don’t know why this show keeps bothering with trials when they’re done this poorly. I didn’t think we could top Nina going on trial for a crime that doesn’t exist but here we are.

Not only has Trina’s trial dragged on this long but it’s managed to be both boring and badly done. Neither lawyer is doing a great job judging by the questions they’re asking and most of the testimony should be inadmissible. No one testifying that Esme did it has any evidence or first hand knowledge that she was responsible and Diane hasn’t done anything to refute the evidence that they did have on Trina. Minus the alibi, which was not only easily dismissed but was a last minute save by Spencer, she had a couple character witnesses and that was all. 

• Applause 4

I still hope that Ava is Esme's mother - their scenes are soapy enough for it. But it would probably be overkill with that same thing playing out with Willow and Nina. 

I will say that that the last Ava and Esme scenes were nicely filmed to accentuate Esme's resemblance to Ryan. AP has that budding psychopath look down. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Another where I’m going to have to disagree.  When everyone else around you is terrible, you’re going to stand out even if you’re just somewhat decent.

Maura West, Genie Francis, Avery Pohl, Charles Shaughnessy, and William Lipton are his primary sceeen partners. Hardly terrible.

Edited by driver18
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
17 hours ago, driver18 said:

Maura West, Genie Francis, Avery Pohl, Charles Shaughnessy, and William Lipton are his primary sceeen partners. Hardly terrible.

Once again, disagree.  I’ve never been impressed by any of those people you listed.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/29/2022 at 4:35 PM, YaddaYadda said:

There wasn't enough Ava/Esme, but the way Ava is able to read Esme and her understanding of her character was great.

Agreed. We haven't seen the "Lady Mobster" side of Ava in so long, I'd forgotten that she can be seriously deadly. If Esme has the sense God gave a can of Lima Beans (TM Scotty Baldwin), she should be very, very afraid.  Best Friday cliffhanger in quite some time.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Agreed. We haven't seen the "Lady Mobster" side of Ava in so long, I'd forgotten that she can be seriously deadly. If Esme has the sense God gave a can of Lima Beans (TM Scotty Baldwin), she should be very, very afraid.  Best Friday cliffhanger in quite some time.

Eh. If Esme wasn't afraid of Mooby (yeah, yeah, WE all know he's a joke and Michael Corleone wannabe, but the Show keeps telling us he's the most dangerous), when he brought her into his office, before Nik came to the rescue, Show won't do anything with this.

• Useful 1

I don't know why the duplicate phone and case hasn't been mentioned, as to why Trina would buy a burner phone and make the mistake of ordering art on it with her credit card when the only reason it has to look like Trina's actual phone is so that she won't notice it when it's put in her purse.

eta. No one followed up on Esme's return to the cabin to retrieve the phone.  Girl doesn't drive.  There must be ride share info of the trip  somewhere.  And did she break into the cabin?  Unlocked?  Someone let her in?

Edited by ciarra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 7/29/2022 at 7:32 PM, KayVeeTeeVee said:

I read somewhere that the actress recently signed a three-year contract.

so Esme will be killed off and will have a twin show up. Yawn..... at least we know twins run in her family, though....  But seriously, Esme is a great character and AKP is a great actress - I do hope she sticks around one way or another.

On another note, how incredibly soapy would it be for Ava to be her mother?  I have no idea how they could make it work, but it would be amazing in the hands of MW and AKP.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4

Dianne: it didn't help that Spencer admitted he bribed an official to get out of jail.
Me: THEN WHY DID YOU ASK HIM, YOU DIPSTICK?

Mac is very silvery fox.  i agree

That was one mighty backhand, Ava. 

Oh Nik. shut up. "I didn't know,  you should have included me." because then I wouldn't have screwed your girlfriend. shut up.

Oh look. I am so surprised. Willow has the cancer. 

Did Finn deploy the ILY? Dude, you only went on one date LOL. also is this the right thing to deploy to someone who just got out of a mental facility? Ahuh, Liz sure you do. 

MIchael: telling everyone says we're not telling everyone. (Also. why are you telling everyone like with 2 seconds worth of pregnancy?)

what the hell does this line of questioning have to do with the charges, Dianne

No, Mac, Dante would not be a good Chief of Detectives. 

WIllow: I am about to be a nurse. i can handle bad news. (yeah no boo that does't work like that). But i was right. Leukemia. NINA! GET TO FRANCE!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Has Willow worked a single day as a nurse yet?  It's been three months since she did her exams.

TJ is a bad doctor if he never predicts a patient's diagnosis. Medicine is all about making hypotheses and checking them out.

General Hospital doesn't have a printer on every floor, just in the lab?

I got all excited when TJ called for Dr. Singh because this show badly needs an Indian doctor. Apparently no one told casting.

LOL at Sam thinking that Michael is firm and decisive doing Aurora business when he's really working on taking Sonny down. I can't remember the last time Michael actually worked at Auroraor even went to the office.

"I hated the way [Nelle] lorded it over me."  Yes, because it's all about you Michael.

Sam didn't look through analog records for Esme's nanny?  Come on, she's not that young to not know life before the internet.

Finn, Elizabeth just got out of Spring Ridge because of her breakdown over Franco's death. Do you really think that this is the right time to push her on your relationship?

I hate the trope of two women fighting but at least Esme and Ava were fighting over the letter.

Spencer is the adult in the room in his conversation with Nik.

Portia's constant "our daughter" is annoying. And the PCPD could have used their resources even without Trina having an alibi.

The only way Diane's eye could be worse is if it were red to match her dress. And Diane, a reason Trina didn't turn Spencer in is because she's a decent person. That's a better motivation than "an act of love".

44 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't know why the duplicate phone and case hasn't been mentioned, as to why Trina would buy a burner phone and make the mistake of ordering art on it with her credit card when the only reason it has to look like Trina's actual phone is so that she won't notice it when it's put in her purse.

eta. No one followed up on Esme's return to the cabin to retrieve the phone.  Girl doesn't drive.  There must be ride share info of the trip  somewhere.  And did she break into the cabin?  Unlocked?  Someone let her in?

This trial has been a total mess from PCPD to Diane now.

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Esme done did a Katherine Bell

Ava did it too. They really need netting over that parapet.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Finn, Elizabeth just got out of Spring Ridge because of her breakdown over Franco's death. Do you really think that this is the right time to push her on your relationship?

Immediately followed by Elizabeth having another hallucination. Way to go, Finn.

• Love 11

Well I will say that Ava/Esme brought the drama today that was sorely needed because I was tuning out between the trial and Willow being sick/pregnant. Though I don’t think Esme is dead. However, I think Nava cover up what happened so Ava isn’t prosecuted and they don’t know whether she’s dead or survived and escaped. Also sounds like Felicia is taking over looking into Esme, which I’m glad for because Sam sounds like she’s done the bare minimum, but it definitely means that she’s the mom. I’m wondering how this will play out considering KW’s filming schedule. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Did Nik tell Spencer he slept with Esme?

He hasn’t yet and doubt he will now considering that it would give Ava motive for killing Esme. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4