Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

How is it that Wally Kurth is even better looking now than he was 30 years ago? Okay! Focus. Michael & notDrew are so dumb so I’m glad Ned turned on them. Hopefully, Carly’s insider trading is addressed. I’m guess the writers will gloss over that and delve into the part of Carly losing money rather than how she did it.

I was hoping someone would push Willow into the pool but alas Sonny was there to catch her. I will say the writers are really speeding up the Willow needs a liver transplant (working title….LOL!!!!) and, Carly will have to get Nina to spare an extra one. Back in the day this would have been stretched out a year or two. so either Carly admits the truth or she lets someone else find it by chance to remain in the clear. Did I mention Michael is dumb and a tool?! Finally, this Dex/Dax character is not needed. He so in unmemorable (is that a word?) that I can’t even believe he made it through casting. Did Frank find him doing his paper route. Yes! I know people don’t do paper routes anymore but just work me. All in all, I was taking my hair out today but I will definitely be watching tomorrow. This show gives me life. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Michael and Drew are hotshot businessmen, ready to kick Ned out and take over ELQ. It's their job, especially Michael's, to know this kind of stuff. That business ethics course CEOs are supposed to take.

Yeah, they should definitely be held accountable. In a real world situation I would say Carly, the person acting on the unsolicited tip, should not be charged with a crime. However, this is a soap and I hate Carly so I hope they throw the book at her.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

What's it to Willow what happens with ELQ? I know she's Michael's lapdog, but she has nothing to do with the company and she's not a member of the family. Someone should throw that in her face. Olivia can shut up as always. There comes a point when you just have to ignore the people you hate, and not get up in their face every single time you see them. And you can only apologize, and defend yourself to people so many times before you say F it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Yeah, they should definitely be held accountable. In a real world situation I would say Carly, the person acting on the unsolicited tip, should not be charged with a crime. However, this is a soap and I hate Carly so I hope they throw the book at her.  

No, if this was real life, she absolutely would be charged with insider trading. It’s a crime.

It doesn’t matter if it was unsolicited.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I saw that several people also had the problem that today's show didn't record. Does anyone have an idea of why that happened? My DVR didn't record, and it sounds as though I missed some good stuff. :-(

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

How is it that Wally Kurth is even better looking now than he was 30 years ago?

I noticed this too!  The same with Jon Lindstrom- and oddly, these two actors resemble each other now as well lol

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

We get it Willow is sick. Her attacking Nina who was trying to be nice was so over the top. Nina can let her die and Willow would deserve it.

The writers did turn the character hateful.

But it occurred to me during her tirade of Nina, that Willow is behaving exactly like Nelle, except that her behavior has been sanctioned and beatified by the chosen ones. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, if this was real life, she absolutely would be charged with insider trading. It’s a crime.

It doesn’t matter if it was unsolicited.

Yes that’s correct. I just personally don’t feel like it should be that way. Either way, I’d be very surprised if the show goes there with this story. These writers have the attention span of a flea so I’m not sure they would be up for it. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, KittyQ said:

saw that several people also had the problem that today's show didn't record. Does anyone have an idea of why that happened? My DVR didn't record, and it sounds as though I missed some good stuff. :-(

It was good, but today should be even better. Although they added an additional January 6th hearing last minute so will we even see it today??

Maybe try and catch yesterdays episode on demand though. Worth a watch!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Bobbie's rewriting of history--whoa, boy. 

All of that happened 30 years ago. I can see her looking at it differently at this point. She and Carly made peace about it all a long time ago.

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That business ethics course CEOs are supposed to take.

It cracked me up when Michael was whining to Ned that he (Michael) had to take over at ELQ at a young age because Ned had the nerve to want to pursue his (admittedly stupid) music career and then become mayor of PC. How selfish! Nobody forced Michael to work at ELQ. They were idiots in the first place to put a kid in charge, but Michael could have said, "You know, I should probably take a few basic  business classes at PCU before I work here." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

"Michael needs a win"??!!!  All Michael does is win that's why we're salivating over his entitled ass finally losing.  And he and Drew are so quick to berate Ned for turning his back on the family but his planting Dex in Sonny's employ is somehow noble?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10
(edited)
14 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Violet is so annoying.  It is not the young actress's fault, it's the direction she is being given.  That saccharine sweetness and lisp are not adorable, it just grates on me. 

Agreed.

There is a perilous age group for GH -- old enough to do more than be carried around as a little prop, but not yet a teen who can be in relationships -- and Violet is in it. Thinking back 20 years or more, I think the only child actor on this show I've truly enjoyed was that one outstanding Morgan, Aaron Refvem. He had the role for the first couple of years of Dante. He was wonderful. 

All the others who are coming to mind have been super-stiff, or really unpleasant (Dylan Cash as Michael), or if they've shown any flair for acting at all, they've been encouraged to ham it up and they've been over-featured. Nicolas Bechtel had talent, but they went in awful directions with him. 

The previous Charlotte wasn't bad, but I can't say I looked forward to her scenes. Hudson West (Jake) did well with the brainwashing story, but I can't remember much around that.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5

Also I was so busy getting drunk off the tears of Drew and Michael - I did comment on Drew's true feelings, but I mean, what about Michael. Basically going Boohoo I was gifted a CEO position, you didn't care about the company, you wanted to do your musssicccc, and being maaaayoorr, pout pout.  Ned Claps back that this was all about Michael's vested interest and how it benefited him + drew not the family. and what do they do?

Drew runs off to Save Aurora (which is code for, time to break Carly's heart), but Michael? The CEO of the company that the stocks are burning faster than Rome? Does he get the troops together? Does he try to put out the fire? Does he even swallow his pride and talk to Ned like an adult about where they go from here?

No he calls his minion saying well  there's nothing really concerning him anymore, since he had a set back, so now he can crush Sonny. - basically proving Ned 100 percent right. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

"Michael needs a win"??!!!  All Michael does is win that's why we're salivating over his entitled ass finally losing.

The way they talk about Michael, you'd think he was living in the gutter, fighting his way to something better.

His dumb ass just won against Nina.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

"Michael needs a win"??!!!  All Michael does is win

Well, to be fair, it's been a couple of days since he won against Nina.

/sarcasm

Also, Nina didn't just disintegrate into a pile of ash at the verdict, so does it even really count as a win?

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Time to feast on tears, y'all!

:( poop. not today. We're getting New Years instead..

It's so nice that we can come together like this, just to see Carly lose her hotel and her money and cry. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's so nice that we can come together like this, just to see Carly lose her hotel and her money and cry. 

I just saw this comment on an article about this storyline and laughed so hard I almost burst a blood vessel: "I am also so tired of Carly continuing to lose! She did nothing wrong, and yet she is the only one who continues losing. Frustrating for me.”

• Mind Blown 12
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Time to feast on tears, y'all!

:( poop. not today. We're getting New Years instead..

Finally this show is making some progress on storylines and then more delays  😞 I was starting to wonder if they are planning some kind of downfall for Carly - losing the hotel, Willow secret coming out,   only to have her built up and saved by Drew 🤮  I don't think they are going to reunite her with Sonny, it seems they want to do a "love of my life" story with the next best thing to Jason.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I just saw this comment on an article about this storyline and laughed so hard I almost burst a blood vessel: "I am also so tired of Carly continuing to lose! She did nothing wrong, and yet she is the only one who continues losing. Frustrating for me.”

Are we all receiving the same feed or is there an alternate GH that we're not aware of?

I'll watch the one with Carly losing all the time and being knocked off her high horse every time.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

OMG @Blackie, I read your ‘Willow secret coming out’ and thought : wait, what? Willow is gay? How did I miss that? Then I realized that might actually be good soap and this show doesn’t do good soap. But thanks for the laugh 😀

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

But it occurred to me during her tirade of Nina, that Willow is behaving exactly like Nelle, except that her behavior has been sanctioned and beatified by the chosen ones. 

Like Michael and Chase? Michael punches a reporter, defending Joss, and gets a whole set of articles attacking Nina. Chase punches Valentin, defending Brook Lynn, and get infinite suspension.

I wish someone would say to Brook Lynn "stop playing into Linc's hands.  Every time he sees you, pretend to be writing a song and mock him that he will never get his hands on the money it's going to make."

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nobody forced Michael to work at ELQ. They were idiots in the first place to put a kid in charge, but Michael could have said, "You know, I should probably take a few basic  business classes at PCU before I work here." 

I wasn't watching at the time. Was there a good reason why they couldn't hire someone with business experience to run ELQ? Even in familiy-run companies, there usually is a family member who can actually do the job.

Of course, having been told all his life how wonderful he is, Michael wouldn't think that he has to actually learn how to be a CEO. Just like Wylie is going to be when he grows up.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I read your ‘Willow secret coming out’ and thought : wait, what?

Actually I had forgotten about the Carly knowing about Nina being Willow's mom ALREADY myself. Luckily coming here reminds me, this show moves stories along so slow by the time the story advances I forget most of the plot points 😆

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wish someone would say to Brook Lynn "stop playing into Linc's hands.  Every time he sees you, pretend to be writing a song and mock him that he will never get his hands on the money it's going to make."

Chase has told her a number of time to stop it with Linc, but BL has a hearing problem.

She's also incredibly stupid.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, paisley said:

Would someone be kind enough to tell me how Olivia got to be part owner of the Metro Court?

She inherited it from Kate/Connie when she died.  Kate/Connie had bought out Jax's share of the hotel when he left town (well, one of the times he left town).

• Useful 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. The company SHEBEAST sold her interest to will own the other half if she can’t repay them.

So in another theory someone else who hates Carly already on the canvas or Frank V. hired in the parking lot will own her interest? That’s gonna be a long line of people. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She inherited it from Kate/Connie when she died.  Kate/Connie had bought out Jax's share of the hotel when he left town (well, one of the times he left town).

And she was a fucking ingrate that never appreciated Kate's accomplishments or hard work and told her as much. And it was her ass that guilted Kate into getting back together with Sonny after Brenda rightfully dumped him, despite Kate's thought out reasons do not get back together with him. It eventually lead to Kate's death. She should have left everything to Maxie. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Love 5
On 6/27/2022 at 2:24 PM, rur said:

Add to that less than zero poops about his '61 'Vette that no one on the planet ever heard about until today.

Including Sonny, it seemed. “You fixed my, uh,… ‘Vette? Heh heh.” I really don’t think he knew what kind of car he had.

On 6/27/2022 at 2:47 PM, Desperado said:

Lastly, there is such a thing as too much Violet and we hit that point last week year.

Fixed that for you.

On 6/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

I think the bigger (and much better [grading on a huge curve]) part of the story is that Carly has been withholding that she knows Nina is Willow's mother. Though somehow that will also end up being Nina's fault.

My only hope is that Carly will hold onto this secret long enough that it’s too late to save Willow and she dies. Of course, then we’d have to listen to Nina wail about yet another child that she didn’t get to know and save, but hey. Dead Willow. It’s worth it.

On 6/28/2022 at 12:34 AM, KittyQ said:

I saw that several people also had the problem that today's show didn't record. Does anyone have an idea of why that happened? My DVR didn't record, and it sounds as though I missed some good stuff. :-(

When shows get preempted last minute like this, the DVR tends to think it already recorded (because it was scheduled to), so when the same description shows up a day or two later, it doesn’t record because it logs it as a duplicate. Anytime the show is preempted, it’s best to check the DVR and make sure it’s going to record the next ep, or maybe even set a manual record to make sure.

I don’t remember there being so many preemptions since OJ days. I wonder if this will have a similar effect on what’s left of the viewership.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Michael punches a reporter, defending Joss, and gets a whole set of articles attacking Nina. Chase punches Valentin, defending Brook Lynn, and get infinite suspension.

Not quite the same thing, as Chase is a police officer. He should be held to a higher standard of behavior. And the reporter Michael punched was more interested in getting a story than having him charged with assault. Both Valentin and Linc wanted to see Chase punished.

Seriously. It's deeply annoying to see her be so repeatedly stupid.

Was there a good reason why they couldn't hire someone with business experience to run ELQ? Even in familiy-run companies, there usually is a family member who can actually do the job.

I don't remember things that clearly, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't another (male) Q around who wanted the job. It was a way to get Michael into ELQ.

53 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t remember there being so many preemptions since OJ days. I wonder if this will have a similar effect on what’s left of the viewership.

Maybe some viewers will get frustrated with the preemptions (have there really been so many? And it's not like they were breaking news in the sense we didn't know they were coming) and stop watching, but at this point I think anyone who's still watching is going to keep watching. You know, us. 

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I just read that article!  I was wondering what planet they live on?  They also had tweets from Carly stans who went sideways after laura tweeted that she would love to play Carly having to live above Kellys.   

Carly stans just over relate to the character.   She has to be queen shit, because that's all they want to see.   It's actually kinda sad!

• Love 5

Was that reminder that Carly went to nursing school (but didn't finish) planted for a reason? Is that the next thing for her, she loses the hotel and becomes a nurse, and two weeks later is "head nurse"? 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Not quite the same thing, as Chase is a police officer. He should be held to a higher standard of behavior. And the reporter Michael punched was more interested in getting a story than having him charged with assault. Both Valentin and Linc wanted to see Chase punished.

Except we're supposed to take it seriously that Michael is a big shot businessman/scion of the community. I'll give everyone a minute to recover from hysterical laughter. I would think that with this merger thing brewing, his best behavior would have been the only option. Did Scott not want to press charges? Didn't Chase when Michael sucker-punched him? Yes, Chase wears a uniform when he's at work, but it doesn't sound like Michael is being held to any standard, so it's just him doing whatever he wants and getting away with it.

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

I'm not saying Michael getting away with bad behavior is a good thing—it's not—but I think the show has given reasonable (i.e., in the context of the situation) explanations for why he hasn't seen too many repercussions. 

It's ridiculous he has to win at absolutely everything, but that's the show.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

She should have left everything to Maxie. 

But then Maxie would have had to be co-owner of the Metro Court with Carly. No matter what bad stuff Maxie has done in the past, she doesn't deserve that.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

the show has given reasonable (i.e., in the context of the situation) explanations for why he hasn't seen too many repercussions. 

That's the problem -- the show goes out of its way to show why Michael is a good guy. Just as we're supposed to feel bad for Carly losing her money instead of it being natural consequences for insider trading or an extremely stupid financial move.

Scott should totally have had him charged. I wish that Nina had charged Willow with assault too,  Show some backbone, girl.  Carly would have had her in Pentonville.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe some viewers will get frustrated with the preemptions (have there really been so many? And it's not like they were breaking news in the sense we didn't know they were coming) and stop watching, but at this point I think anyone who's still watching is going to keep watching. You know, us. 

I noticed that depending on when the hearings are shown, GH is pre-empted, or an old episode is shown (and recorded). Supposedly, the current episodes would be shown, just later. The other day was the first time that nothing at all got recorded. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Was that reminder that Carly went to nursing school (but didn't finish) planted for a reason? Is that the next thing for her, she loses the hotel and becomes a nurse, and two weeks later is "head nurse"? 

Lol I hope not but you never know with this show. It was a random line as well because I don’t recall her actually wanting to be a nurse. It was all part of her revenge plot against Bobbie. She had plenty of years that she wasn’t working prior to getting involved with the MC along with a nanny and usually a wealthy husband so nothing was exactly stopping her from being a nurse. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That's the problem -- the show goes out of its way to show why Michael is a good guy.

Oh, definitely, and Michael is most definitely not a good guy. My point was that at least why he was let off was for a decent reason, and not, say, because he has claustrophobia and being in a cell would trigger him. Ahem.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Well the position will become vacant once Epiphany becomes a doctor.

• LOL 5
31 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Well the position will become vacant once Epiphany becomes a doctor.

Aggghhh! Can you imagine how the patients would be treated? That would be a good reason for someone to open a rival hospital. :-)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Aggghhh! Can you imagine how the patients would be treated? That would be a good reason for someone to open a rival hospital. :-)

The nurses at GH will quit in droves. Patients will throw themselves out of the windows.

But this is Carly we're talking about, so you know she'll be the bestest head nurse ever!!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

When shows get preempted last minute like this, the DVR tends to think it already recorded (because it was scheduled to), so when the same description shows up a day or two later, it doesn’t record because it logs it as a duplicate. Anytime the show is preempted, it’s best to check the DVR and make sure it’s going to record the next ep, or maybe even set a manual record to make sure.

I have my DVR set to record as ‘all plus duplicates’ so it catches everything.  My local ABC affiliate started breaking in almost daily for Covid updates and even before then they’d break in here and there to tell us that it’s raining.  Because apparently everyone in Philly and surrounding areas have broken their necks and can’t turn them to look out the window. So yes, at least with Comcast there is an option to record every airing of the show.