Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also "Wylie keeps asking us why we won't be there to tuck him in tonight and he doesn't understand why we won't."  Seriously Michael? Most kids of 3 are used to their parents taking an evening away, especially if their regular nanny is there for bedtime.

honestly, let's just break this down. 
1: if you really wanted to tuck your kid in - you could legit go home, tuck him in and get right back to the hospital. 

2: if your kid can't understand that you can't be home, and outside of the little fuss (that goes away after 3-5 minutes) that's a "you done spoiled your kid" problem. 

3: your kid is three.  i doubt he's peppering you with questions about your daily life. (honestly either these people don't know what a three year old is really like, or they forget he's three)

4: most of these kids have nannies. (i'm not really throwing shade at it). but i mean. like you said. if 98 percent is the kid being w/a nanny or something, i doubt there's a massive tantrum the way this dipstick is making it out to be.

honestly i never wanted a soap baby to meet its end as much as this kid. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Yeah, I mean Mac’s a grandfather now.  The bio kid ship has sailed.  Anyway, he was a dad in every way that mattered.

i didn't watch. but what would have been nice is Mac has flat out said that. Yeah sometimes people have that urge to have their bio kid - and maybe it doesnt go away but a real conversation would have said that while he never had one - and that the girls call him Mac - he's their father. he doesn't need Felicia to carry a baby to change that fact. 

• Love 3

I think of Wylie less as a catered-to child and more as a weapon -- want to punish Nina?  Cut off her access to Wylie instead of something reasonable like supervised visits if you're afraid she will corrupt him. Want to punish Harmony? Cut off her access and make her beg.

Want to pull rank in the hospital ? Use Wylie to push things faster because you have to be home for him. And it's late, he should be asleep already like Maxie's kids.

I was trying to think of which kids don't  have Corinthos, Spencer or Quartermaine genes for future pairings and all I could come up with (other than teens Cameron and Trina) is Violet and Maxie's kids.*  The show really has got too incestuous.

*Although I guess Emma and her brother could come to town.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i didn't watch. but what would have been nice is Mac has flat out said that. Yeah sometimes people have that urge to have their bio kid - and maybe it doesnt go away but a real conversation would have said that while he never had one - and that the girls call him Mac - he's their father. he doesn't need Felicia to carry a baby to change that fact. 

Mac actually did say something to that effect.  Which would make Felicia wanting a kid just so Mac could have a bio kid even more preposterous.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Mac actually did say something to that effect.  Which would make Felicia wanting a kid just so Mac could have a bio kid even more preposterous.

I thought the conversation was a build up so that she can tell him she's pregnant.  Not tell him she wants to get pregnant. But, hopefully you're righ tand he can just say he doesn't need that and everyone can get on with their lives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

it's all a bad build up to a reveal that there is a Mac kid out there somewhere.

But is it Mac's kid or his evil twin's kid? 🤣  Remember that whole year he was tied to a bed, while fake!Mac took over his life?

On 4/29/2022 at 9:23 PM, ulkis said:

his stupid sex tape makes no sense and she could have done something more dastardly but it feels like they wanted to do something "modern".

They want something modern but then they don't seem to have anyone investigating it in "modern" ways. This story is stupid.

^^^I replied this a few days ago, I guess it didn't post

Baby Baily-Lu has been the opposite of SORAS!!  This must be what is giving Felicia the baby rabies.

Again I cannot get over that Spinelli has not been hired to solve the sex tape "mystery".  This is what the reason Sonny and Spin should be talking, not Spinelli offering his respect. Sonny should be asking him what new info he has found out on the case.  It is all so weird that the Jackal not investigating this cyber crime!!

I just can't with this replacement Alexis, she is so bad.

• Love 6

Like some others, I thought today’s scenes were a build up to Mac getting a bio child. Felicia is either pregnant or wants to be. There was literally no other point to those scenes, IMO. And since Carly had a baby a year or so ago, it’s fine with me. I don’t care. Felicia and Mac are rarely shown as is, and I doubt Felicia’s “geriatric pregnancy” sl would suddenly get all this airtime. Plus, as someone else said, most the kids in town are related.  Some other genes in the pool would be nice. 

I muted but why was Michael screaming and generally acting like a jerk? What was the point of those scenes with Britt? To show how much he loves Willow? To show him as a man? It was awful and not needed. Can we just get the truth out re: Nina and Willow already and move on with the story?!? 

No other real thoughts today. As a Roger fan, I liked seeing Austin. Haha! I don’t mind him with Maxie but think he would be better with Britt. 

Oh, and I’m getting a bit restless with Liz’s story. I hope they put the foot on the accelerator a bit. Let’s wrap this one up. Haha! Or move to the next chapter of it. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Again I cannot get over that Spinelli has not been hired to solve the sex tape "mystery". 

When Joss first told Carly, the first thing Carly did was call Spinelli and have him take it down from the university site.  Not sure why they havn't followed that up with Spin looking into who put it out there in the first place.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Felicia is either pregnant or wants to be.

I love Felicia/KW but she's 59 yrs old.  There should be no pregnancy here.  

5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Oh, and I’m getting a bit restless with Liz’s story. I hope they put the foot on the accelerator a bit. Let’s wrap this one up.

If it's not the sleep meds messing wiht her head causing her to do this to herself, I'm back on the Finn is the culprit train.  He's doing all of this so that she turns to him for comfort.  And he's got her where he wants her now, in his/her bed.  

• Love 2

I would be astonished if Finn is causing this trauma to Liz and her boys. I don’t believe he’s capable of doing that to them.

• Love 12

Exactly!! Unless Finn is going through some mental breakdown or ME is leaving the show, I cannot believe he is behind this. That would be beyond awful and character destroying. 

I’m still on the “Liz is unknowingly doing this to herself” train. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

That's what I was afraid of.  She's older than me, for cying out loud.  Can't they have some age appropriate pregnancies?  Next thing you know, Monica will be pregnant.

She never said a bio child. She seemed to be talking about a child they could raise together from the beginning. (Unspoken: Without Felicia flaking out partway through this time.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

(Unspoken: Without Felicia flaking out partway through this time.)

Really Mac has spent more time actually parenting then any actual parents on this show.

• Love 13
(edited)

Adoption is basically the only way we get a kid onto the show that ISN'T already related to half the town at birth.  Any kid Felicia had (surrogacy would be the only way in hell I buy that, and that is quite a stretch) would be related to Maxie and Robin's children.  Right now Maxie is the only person on the show who's kids are not related to the larger portion of the cast.  Spin has no other family but Georgie, and James is only related to Brit and ... Oh, wait, Willow.  Nevermind.  Louise is.... cousins with the Scorpios.  

So, Georgie is the womb of the next generation then.

ETA: Unless they hilariously make Spinelli Mac's secret bio child from after Felicia and Frisco got together when Georgie was born.  

Edited by ouinason
Nightmare Scenario
  • LOL 2

Wait...If Willow is Nina's, that means that Michael officially gets the trifecta for sleeping with sisters.  That's a little horrifying.  I mean, the twin thing is bad enough, or 2 sisters, which he already has ( and Finn too, and Nikolas, with the same sisters!  lol) but three... woo

Not quite as bad as the mother/daughter duo, but still.

• LOL 2
(edited)

The writers are really doing Britt a disservice, she's stuck in this boring loop where she mopes about Jason, declares she's moving on, turns to the matchmaking service, and then mopes about him anew.  

And that's on top of her being yelled at by that turd Michael.  She should have taken off her shoe and jammed it down his throat.

Also, Nina being skeptical that Dr. O could wipe Sonny off the map if she wanted?  Has she...met Dr. O?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is Felicia thinking of having another baby? Medical science does wonders these days.

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

As much as I love Mac and can deal with Felicia on a good day, a pregnancy is not needed, nor is it required. I'm guessing that Felicia is currently pregnant.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Like some others, I thought today’s scenes were a build up to Mac getting a bio child. Felicia is either pregnant or wants to be. 

It got me hoping that Felicia wants to adopt Bailey with the rationale that Maxie will be busy with taking Deception public and she and Mac would provide a more stable home life. It'd be a good way to explain the why we never saw the kid.

But I know I can't have nice things. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

I just can't with this replacement Alexis, she is so bad.

You're too kind.

And Felicia perhaps you should see your gyno, b/c your baby rabies is probably the onset of menopause. Just saying...

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, One Tough Cookie said:

And Felicia perhaps you should see your gyno, b/c your baby rabies in probably the onset of menopause. Just saying...

Late menopause, at that.

If she was getting at using a surrogate using Mac's sperm so he could have a bio child maybe just come out and say it.  The way she was dancing around it made it seem like she was already pregnant, or wanted to pursue it.  I was glad Mac didn't really feel any strong pull for that.  He raised three girls as his own and is enjoying being a grandpa now.

• Love 6

I really hope that Mac/Felicia convo was just to give them something to talk about for a couple episodes because there’s no way I buy that a couple in their late 50s/early 60s who’ve already raised children would want another kid. I’d be almost as disappointed if it was an anvil for super dad Mac to have a long lost kid out there just so they can give a newbie ties to the canvas. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Sheesh. There are a ton of stories they could write for an older couple, they do not need to bring yet another baybay into it!!

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, lala2 said:

Exactly!! Unless Finn is going through some mental breakdown or ME is leaving the show, I cannot believe he is behind this. That would be beyond awful and character destroying. 

I’m still on the “Liz is unknowingly doing this to herself” train. 

I kind of hope it’s a ghost at this point. It would be the most interesting option, second only to someone random living in their attic.  Maybe Hayden. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I really hope that Mac/Felicia convo was just to give them something to talk about for a couple episodes because there’s no way I buy that a couple in their late 50s/early 60s who’ve already raised children would want another kid. I’d be almost as disappointed if it was an anvil for super dad Mac to have a long lost kid out there just so they can give a newbie ties to the canvas. 

I can't imagine anything I would want to do less at 60 than raise a child from infancy.

Although I'd much rather Mac and Felicia have a baby than for a surprise grown up Mac kid to show up in town because you just know they'd cast Wes Ramsay to play him.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Steph J said:

Although I'd much rather Mac and Felicia have a baby than for a surprise grown up Mac kid to show up in town because you just know they'd cast Wes Ramsay to play him.

Please, no!

Actually, while waiting for GH to start, I usually watch the end of B&B, and when a character was shot and definitely dead, my first thought was that I'd be seeing him soon on GH. 

• LOL 1

I think they arere delaying the Trina investigation so they can get double usage of the  courtroom set. Trina/Nina. The obnoxious reporter/photographer duo can attack in the hallway outside the court for both trials and it all will be SO dramatic, like Matlock or Karen .Wolek

8 hours ago, Steph J said:

You are grounded! Now go write a 20 page essay about why you shouldn't make posts like these. 

Like, OMG! Please don't put this sort of thing out in the universe. They will find it!

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also "Wylie keeps asking us why we won't be there to tuck him in tonight and he doesn't understand why we won't."  Seriously Michael? Most kids of 3 are used to their parents taking an evening away, especially if their regular nanny is there for bedtime.

Apparently everyone (including the writers) disregards everything Willow says. A few hours earlier, she called home to check on Wylie and reported that he'd already been put to bed. 

Edited by rur
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, ffwbe said:

And that convo didn't really make sense for a long lost child because she emphasized raising from the beginning.  He already has kids he raised from mid-point.  Although I would also argue that he raised Georgie from the beginning. 

Sonny and Nina's slow dance, watched by the bar tenders 😬🤮  Super cringe!!

OK it is time someone checked Liz's meds

When did Georgie turn into the evil child?

• Love 1
Just now, One Tough Cookie said:

shit, hit,shit.  i did't watch today and  the stalker was FINN?????????????????????????????????????????😾

WHAT?!?!?! Did they really throw Finn under the bus like that? I missed today too! 

He must be having a mental breakdown or ME is leaving the show! 

13 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Is she evil, or is she just worried about her mom's taste in men?

I thought Carly was going to go in and smother Harmony since Michael said willow would be better off if Harmony died.  

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, lala2 said:

WHAT?!?!?! Did they really throw Finn under the bus like that? I missed today too! 

no I don't thinks so. someone trashed Liz's room while she was in shower. Door was locked but not the latch so someone with the key card could get in but I don't think they were implying Finn. Maybe Officer Hottie gave him the side eye but Liz is ready to to do a seance  .* I wasn't watching super close

4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Is she evil, or is she just worried about her mom's taste in men?

She should worry more about her mom's taste in clothes!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I loved Martin and Lucy. In bed and out. And Martin wearing one of her shoes in bed. This show does geriatric couples so much better than it does the teens and young adults.

Michael to TJ: "You're a better person than I am."  Me: Truer words were rarely spoken.

Of course Carly is going to obsess about why Harmony wants to see Nina and if she should facilitate it. Because Carly has to be the centre of every story on this show. Next we'll have her offering Spinelli advice on how to get Maxie back.

I'd forgotten that Valentin was a Deception partner. He must have made a ton of money from that too.

I can't help it, I thought that Sonny flirting and dancing with Nina was cute. At the least it was a million times better than his interactions with Carly.

39 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I don't think that she's evil so much as she's against the new guy her mom is kissing who is not her dad. That's pretty normal even if she hadn't lost her mother to an evil almost-stepfather last year.

18 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I thought Carly was going to go in and smother Harmony since Michael said willow would be better off if Harmony died.  

I thought that Michael was suggesting to TJ that it would be better for all if Harmony "died". Ugh. That's what you get when you raised a kid in a mob family.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Blackie said:

OK it is time someone checked Liz's meds

I was thinking it was her sleep medication because they mentioned it 39495 times but she wasn't asleep today, she was in the shower.  So unless she napped in the shower, sleep walked/trashed her room then woke up again in the shower, it might not be her meds  

I have been thinking Finn, and it could still be him.  He left her room, the door was unlatched, he had a key to get in, she went in the shower, he came in and trashed it then left, she comes out and sees it and yells for him and he comes running back in looking shocked.  Plus Rory says no one got on or off the elevator during that time which would also work if it was Finn.  

But with Liz talking to Lucy today about a medium, I'm now going to drop the sleep aid and the Finn doing it theories and jump on the supernatural bandwagon because you know these writers won't be able to handle that without making it nonsensical and cheesey.  

The writers dragging out the "Carly knows but refuses to tell Willow yet" part of the story and it's pissing me off.  Of course Carly will figure out that Nina is the bio mom and keep it to herself to punish NIna and this will drag on for NINE MONTHS, NIXON FALLS REDO.  But if they really wanted to paint the picture of Saint Carly of the beatific heart, they would have her tell Nina, as a contrast to evul Nina not telling the Corinthi.  

• Love 10
(edited)
24 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Who was going to tuck Wylie in while the two dimwits jetted off to Paris?  Or did they think they could return home every night?

Sure, what's an 11-hour commute between Paris-Port Charles for a billionaire? They can have a croissant and café au lait at the terminal while the plane's kitchen is stocked with ingredients to make coq-au-vin and ratatouille and the finest cheeses and wines money can buy. I hate them so much! 

41 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I don't think she's evil. I think she seems resentful. Georgie lost her #1 mom when Ellie left Spinelli. Peter was a fixture in her life until he turned evil and her #2 mom is on the couch making out with a new guy, while her doofus father is being weirder than usual. I think we'll probably have a case of Georgie wanting her parents together. 

Today's show. I'm getting the intense suspicion that Carly is about to regret going into Harmony's room.

Michael to TJ: you're a better person than me.

Me: Everyone is a better person than you, puff fish.

Lucy, when you get completely naked like that, make sure you close the door of your hotel room! 

I got nothing else to say other than the episode is forgettable and felt like a total waste of time. I could have been working out instead (eww, no! But this show makes me wanna do things I hate).

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Lucy, when you get completely naked like that, make sure you close the door of your hotel room! 

haha I watched the 2nd half first now watching the start, and just saw that scene and thought the same thing, CLOSE the DOOR.

Ok I guess I am the only one that thought that Georgie sitting there demanding more apple slices was a little more creepy than resentful/ uncomfortable/anxious.

26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I loved Martin and Lucy. In bed and out. And Martin wearing one of her shoes in bed. This show does geriatric couples so much better than it does the teens and young adults.

yes good scenes and both look fabulous

• Love 5

Lucy and Martin were definitely the most fun and interesting couple today. I cannot get into Maxie/Austin, probably because I cannot get into Austin.  Nina/Sonny also looked awkward to me. And why no kissing after all that? 

I missed the previous two episodes but everything moves so slowly and my faves are rarely on so I may just check what’s discussed here before tuning in from now on.

• Love 1

The Austin-Maxie dialogue drove me BSC today. Maxie had perfectly good reasons why going out on the town two nights in a row isn't what she wants to be doing right now -- even though anyone with two brain cells shouldn't have to wonder about it.

And he seemed to get it for 10 seconds, comparing motherhood to the exhaustion of med school. But then he started in again: "But it seems like there must be another reason..."  What a doofus. 

Georgie has the right idea. Their little family has no time for his nonsense right now. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

And he seemed to get it for 10 seconds, comparing motherhood to the exhaustion of med school. But then he started in again: "But it seems like there must be another reason..."  What a doofus. 

In Austin's defence, Maxie was giving mixed signals.  "I don't think we should go out two nights in a row.  Let me shove my tongue down your throat".  Pick a lane Maxie and stick with it.  

• Love 6

So... Nina is evil and manipulative because she didn't tell Willow she had slept with Sonny when she came to see the kid. 

But here's Michael saying sometimes it's better not to know everything. 

And then you've got Carly, who spent months bitching about Nina keeping Sonny secret, once again, keeping info about Nina's daughter from her. 

How do people root for these people?!?!?

• Love 17