Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

The NYC affiliate very abruptly cut from the special report to ads and then we got the usual local news tease, which usually leads into GH. This time it went back to the special report. It was bizarre.

Apparently there's some sort of heat wave going on? I didn't quite catch any references. /s

LOL at Ned telling Liv she clearly hadn't been outside while she's wearing a sleeveless dress.

Color me shocked that Joss blamed Sonny as much as Nina for the split with Carly.

• Love 1

Joss is an incredibly hateful character. If I'm Trina, I would freeze her ass out. 

Who knew! All it took to decommision Peter was a good swift kick in the balls. Someone should have done that years ago. KSt was good in her scenes.

The Spencer/Nikolas scenes were good.

Laura/Esme was good. Esme sure doesn't seem to be the out and out villain she was made out to be in the start. I'm thinking that they might be pivoting the character.

Ava/Olivia scenes were good. It was good to see that Olivia wants Ava to be part of Leo's life. One more person in his support system.

The episode in general wasn't bad. But that last scene with WSB Anna having Drew take the lead was kind of eh. I know he was a navy seal and is more than capable, but I didn't understand why she was giving him the lead on this. Drew isn't even a cop. He's a civilian. Even in Switzerland.

• Love 11

Today's Episode

Recap of the last scene on Friday. Maxie goes did you mean to sound omnious? of course you did. Well we can continue to play this game that we're on this romantic interlude or I can tell you to your face that I plan to escape the first chance i get :D Peter looks conflicted. 

Not for long as Peter goes. "im disappointed I thought you'd last 48 hrs or even a week. This effort was was pathetic." Maxie goes yah I'm ashamed of myself. I planned to play the fantasy version that believes in you but I can't. No I don't want to. I got what I wanted. my children are safe. So now all you're getting from me is the truth. Can you reciprocate, or are you incapable of telling the truth."  Peter goes "you just admitted you lied to my face, and now you want the truth?" Maxie goes. "let's just go back to the beginning - let's talk about the death of the person I truly loved. Nathan West." Peter looks pissed. 

we get infodumps about Faison, Jason being captured (apparently Peter kept Jason alive so he (Jason) would kill Faison for him without questions). and how Nathan died etc. Maxie demands did you plan on this for NATHAN to die, did you set this whole thing up to killl the better man that you'd never be?

Peter goes he didn't plan for Nathan to be murdered. but it worked out great for me because I got you. Maxie goes yah if Nathan had lived i would never given you a second chance. I didn't ask the questions I needed to ask. I was grieving, and desperate and i fell for your crap. Now i see and i'm gonna deal with it. Peter claps bravaa bravvaaaaa, now that you have your revelation what are you going to do about it? Maxie goes I dug myself in this hole, I'll get out or die trying. 

Peter is like. "whatever let's just relax and drink." Maxie legit gives him a "bitch please," look, knees him in the groin and runs off. Peter screams DAMNIT MAXIE, I'm NEVAH GONNA LET YOU GO (as he grabs his owies)

Maxie is like why am I always in the woods? She finds the north star, and starts to run towards the road. 

Leo wants to go swimming and then points out that hot weather makes people insane. Olivia is going to join them to go swimming. Ava shows up, and is hi sweetie. Leo wants to know if Ava has more animal pictures . Ava goes no. Ava to Olivia goes I can't believe Leo had good memories from that night? Olivia goes right? He gave me a heartattack! Leo goes sorry. I wanted to see the octopuses. They all laugh. Ned takes him away. Ava goes he's a lot like Julian. Olivia goes well Leo has some of both of us. but he's his own person and he's special. Olivia tells Ava he has ASD. Ava goes I didn't know. Olivia goes me either and I'm his mother :( 

Ava points out she's been so focused with the Cassadines, she barely knows her nephew. Lots of ASD infodump. Ava goes Julian would want me to know my nephew so I am gonna do better since he has no father. Olivia is all like. Yeah Leo gets all the love, so get to know him. but Ned's adopting him. Ava has a look.

Olivia goes, Leo will always know about Julian but his father is Ned. Ava goes, you don't have to sell me. I get it. Julian would agree with me. Olivia goes it's never too late to know Leo. 

Laura is all "Ava you are great for pushing Nik and Spencer together even though the bad stuff Spencer did." Ava goes "I just want them to be happy." Laura goes I'm taking the high road but if this girl doesn't show up... Ava goes Laura, you're not... And Esme bounces in a a sundress. Esme is like Let's get surf and turf!

Esme goes are you joining us, Ava? Ava is like nope! Byeee!!! Esme is like okay bye, Oh i am famished. Laura goes  you were late. Esme charms with "Oh yeah. in france it's called. "being 1/2 hour late, because it gives the hostess time to compose themselves." Laura is all "i know the phrase, This isn't France, and I'm not throwing a party. You were late and I had to wait." Esme goes "do you know what I do when i'm waiting? Check the Fashion pages, don't you have your phone?" Laura explodes "that's not the point, I've held my tongue, we're having a serious sit down because things needs to change."

Esme goes is there a problem?" Laura goes you have no respect for me and my home. Esme goes is that about the nailpolish, sorry? Laura goes it's about your entitlement and push back. Esme pouts and goes. "well if I had somewhere else to go... but I don't. I understand. When in Rome."

Laura snaps back NO you don't understand. This is not about respecting customs, it's about respecting people. What you did to Ava wouldn't be acceptable in any country. Right? Esme goes. "I am sorry about getting caught up in terrorizing Ava with spence, I won't do it again." Laura goes "What about being caught up with Ryan Chamberlain?" Esme has a look. (how did this get between Laura and her house to Ryan, but okay).   

Esme says the class gives her purpose and so not seeing Ryan kinda left her reeling. She is sorry. Laura goes okay. Then they talk about the bathroom (LOL) Laura also wants to know how she is doing. Esme goes she is miserable and so is Spencer. 

Laura goes we care about you. Esme goes you only tolerate me because of Spence, and his friends won't even do that. They talk about Esme's Nanny (the only person she had who cared about her). Laura goes sweetie you need to build a support system that's not all Spencer, and not focus on the inmates. Esme goes aka "get a life?" I can see why you are Spencer's favourite person. Laura goes I adore him and anyone he loves, is important to me. Esme goes, can we raincheque dinner? I have fences to mend. Laura is happy and goes "I know what you like, i'll bring something home for you." Esme goes "home? that sounds so good." 

Everyone is really wearing summer clothes. (This is like a Calgary chinook). Trina and Joss are drinking icd teas.  JJoss is all "I'm not going home and face sonny not after what he did to my mom" Joss is all  Nina is a liar and Sonny is just as bad. blegh blegh. I love how Joss is also "Sonny "protected" Nina" aka Sonny didn't murder her.  And of course Trina doesn't blink at this. where a normal person (best friends or not) would be like. "well she doesn't deserve to be murdered just because you don't like her. Anyhoo. Trina goes not excusing them but you can't help who you caring when you don't expect it. Joss goes "Like Spencer."

Trina goes "you know all relationships are complicated. including frendships?" Joss goes "are we good?" Trina goes "yes. why ask." Joss is like well we haven't really connected since the trip. Trina goes yah, there's stuff i haven't told you. Joss goes me too!! 

Trina says she got a book from Spencer. Joss is all pissed off  about how Spencer got Trina a gift from inside prison, but no wait from THE MAYOR, inscribed it. etc. Trina is like it was just a gift, and Joss goes. "yeah no. he defended his snake girlfriend and then got you a gift, Trina open your eyes, you are no one's side piece" Well, way to go to ruin Trina's good vibes, Joss. Trina looks sad. 

And then she gets mad as she snaps. "Do you think I'd let myself be a sidepiece? Spencer and I are just friends. Let's change the subject." Joss is like okay yah! I had sexytimes! Trina's is like. yah i know. Tell me about the sexytimes. Joss is like we were close, and now we're closer, it was great. Trina is like yay.. Joss goes I want that for you, so I don't think Spencer is that guy for you.

Trina gets a buzz from Esme. Joss goes BLOCK THAT BITCH. Trina ignores her and says that Esme is on her way. Joss goes. Well fine. but then let's give her what she deserves. 

Esme apologizes,. Joss isn't having it. Trina is like no one is taking Spencer from you. Esme is like i know, but that's how i feeel, anyway, sorry, do you see me as the Enemy?  Joss is channeling Carly, Trina looks contemplative. 

Nik and Spencer have a very awkward conversation about the heatwave etc, and Spencer goes. do you wanna sit down and enjoy the fan? Nik goes yeah. Nik goes do you want to know anything. Nik wants infodumps on Peter. Spencer is whinging that Peter is out free who is really a criminal where he is actually in Jail. (BUT YOU DID BAD STUFF, YOU DUMBO). Anyway they fight about Sheffield and Spencer goes if you are going to badmouth Sheffield you can leave, Dad. Spencer also points out that you got Alexis out of Babyjail but you won't even help me. You put ava first blehg blegh, Sheffield helps me, you suck as a Dad is basically how this conversation goes. Spencer goes get the court to drop the restitution. Nik goes that's court ordered. Spencer goes "like we Cassadines are so law-abiding. there are ways around that." this is basically the Sonny/Carly conversation all over again GUH. 

Apparently Spencer forgot he gave up being a Cassadine because he wants his trust fund back, don't renew the vows, get me out of jail.blegh blegh. Nik goes no. it's my job as your father to teach you accountability. Spencer says something (I missed) but basically goes you are putting that bitch ahead of me. and Nik loses it and goes. "you don't EVER call ANY woman a bitch you hear me?" Spencer laughs. "I can't call them a bitch but you can arrange to have a woman shot" Nik looks terrified and is like shh! not so loud! lmao. Spencer starts laughing. what's also hilarious is none of the inmates are looking at them haha. Anyway.  the guard is like this "this guy is bothering you?"  Nik is looking pissed. 

SwissMiss is trying to figure out the Saltmines. Dante is all. "OMG this is taking so long." Jasonlite is like this is our best chance. Dante is like he knows we're looking for him and he'll escape. Jasonlite says "no we're going to use his arrogance against him! And Catch him!"

Dante is whinging that this is taking so long and Peter won't use Victor's holdings/alises to escape. No one is noticing that the OTHER AGENT ISN'T saying anything. these people suck as cops and spies. Anyway Swiss miss finds something. 

SwissMiss finds something. Anna figures out it's peter's alias. Bad Agent goes "I'll tell Swiss Police WSB will go there." They see there is a road, so if Peter knows we're coming he can split 

-----------------

Ned lets us know Tracey has no charges. the ice princess was swapped weeks before the sale. Ned goes Luke would have raised hell if he realized. Laura goes maybe.... that's why Luke was  killed. Ava bonds with Leo.

Spencer tells Nik he was just leaving. Nik channels Princess Bride as "as you wish." and goes "I'll come back and visit you soon." Spencer goes don't bother. Nik leaves. Spencer looks frustrated/Sad. I am annoyed. grow up already fool!

Trina accepts Esme's apology. Joss chokes on her iced tea but doesn't die. shame. Joss wants to know what happened. Esme says goes Laura talked to me. Mending fences, burning bridges, and not just having spencer in my life. Joss rolls her eyes. Trina points out Laura is a wise woman, Esme goes maybe we can hang out. Trina is like I'm not there all the time. Joss gleefully goes, "Yah Trina was only there to get her present." Esme goes, what present? Oh... from my boyfriend?"  Esme looks pissed. Trina looks like oh my god,really? Joss looks happy she burned bridges. 

Jasonlite organizes the strike on Peter. they all go in with guns ready.  

Maxie finds the road. Car shows up. 

Show ends. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Everyone is really wearing summer clothes. (This is like a Calgary chinook).

Seriously!!

because it gives the hostess time to compose themselves." Laura is all "i know the phrase, This isn't France, and I'm not throwing a party. You were late and I had to wait."

HA! Laura should have said "I am composed!". But other than that I loved the scenes between them, esp the bit about the bathroom,

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nik goes no. it's my job as your father to teach you accountability. Spencer says something (I missed) but basically goes you are putting that bitch ahead of me.

Spencer was saying the Nik thought it was ok that he would be poor,  living on the street and having to be indebted to the Bitch Ava.  The scenes between them were great, NC was all in!! He is a great young actor.

Weirdly when Joss was tell Trina about having the sex with Cam, I thought he face looked totally different, like something really did change in her HMMMM

• Love 4

I was really enjoying what I saw of Maxie before the news break here in the states. I’ll have to catch the rest of the show later but I could grow to like this version of Maxie. She was confident and less ditzy. The dialogue was good, and she acknowledged her mistakes with Peter. I hate games so her directness after his wolf threat was the best! I know many liked the hospital scenes where she confronted Peter but I preferred these scenes….at least the bit I saw. LOL! 

I love Laura’s advice to Esme to get a life! That’s the best advice she could give. Your life should never be wrapped up in one person. Esme needs another outlet. The actress is really good. They need to jumpstart her story already! 

I’m happy they didn’t let Josslyn go on endlessly about Sonny but she’s still annoying. Maybe it’s the way the actress delivers her lines (or my bias), but I don’t get the sense that she truly cares about Trina. She doesn’t come off very genuine. Why say Trina will never be #1 to Spencer?! Why not tell your friend to be cautious given his past actions. I don’t know. Again, I truly despise Josslyn so maybe that’s playing into my view of their conversation. 

Spencer is so annoying. I hope they move past his anger with his dad soon. It’s boring at this point. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Spencer was saying the Nik thought it was ok that he would be poor,  living on the street and having to be indebted to the Bitch Ava.  The scenes between them were great, NC was all in!! He is a great young actor.

Weirdly when Joss was tell Trina about having the sex with Cam, I thought he face looked totally different, like something really did change in her HMMMM

my laptop keyboard is broken so i am using a smaller portable one so it's hard to type - so it's a LOT of pausing and rewinding and i end up missing some portions due to it. 

Today was actually a really decent episode.. like the conversation is really tiring (like I hate ava she betayyeeed me), but NC is awesome at it so while it's tiring it's still great to see him go at it.

• Love 7

Olivia goes me either and I'm his mother :( 

Olivia might not have known the specific diagnosis, but she knew something was up. She was willfully ignorant for months, if not years. I get she feels guilty, but it's tiresome to watch. Also, it's not like Leo's Autism Spectrum Disorder is severe. And he's getting as much therapy as they can give him. 

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Then they talk about the bathroom (LOL)

I loved that little exchange, especially Laura's emphatic "YES" after Esmé mentioned the bathroom. Hee. Their whole talk was nice. If they are pivoting Esmé, that was a good way to do it.

16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

SwissMiss is trying to figure out the Saltmines. Dante is all. "OMG this is taking so long."

That was so dumb. They have no idea where Peter might be; what does Dante think they should do, drive around Switzerland looking for Maxie?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Maybe it’s the way the actress delivers her lines (or my bias), but I don’t get the sense that she truly cares about Trina. She doesn’t come off very genuine. Why say Trina will never be #1 to Spencer?! Why not tell your friend to be cautious given his past actions. I don’t know. Again, I truly despise Josslyn so maybe that’s playing into my view of their conversation. 

i feel the same way. Like people can be all like "YAHH BEST FRIENDS!" but to me it's like.  even ignoring their almost steamy kiss - Spencer does like Trina as a friend and held he in regard. Spencer didn't just "take Esme's side" in the cabin, he clearly pointed out that Esme IS basically all he has (most of it his fault, true) but other than Cam, it's not like Joss has been an amazing friend to him. He DID want to check on her, he DID say that Trina isn't someone who is a drama queen (and i mean joss wouldn't know this) but in the car Spencer was all still #teamTrina. But that doesn't mean he should just ignore his girlfriend (and I'd also argue friend) just because Joss has an issue with her. and yeah Esme was acting like a shrew i'm not defending that aspect). 

that whole Cafe scene just was horrible from Joss's PoV. And since Trina also has NO qualms ripping people a new one the fact that Trina was all "yeah that's really fine let's just start over." and Joss wanted to needle her about Spencer doesn't scream "best friend" to me. it just screams Carly 2.0

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I loved that little exchange, especially Laura's emphatic "YES" after Esmé mentioned the bathroom. Hee. Their whole talk was nice. If they are pivoting Esmé, that was a good way to do it.

yeah. like. i don't mind her being grey. but i do like how they are trying to MAKE her grey and not just crazy psycho girlfriend. I do wish some of this "mending fences"apology tour did involve Cam because i still think Esme and he had great chemistry and it would just make joss sour so two flies, one swat.

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was so dumb. They have no idea where Peter might be; what does Dante think they should do, drive around Switzerland looking for Maxie?

yeah it was just annoying. like he was just acting like a whinging baby. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I forgot that Ava was Leo's aunt. I can't keep track of who all the kids are related to on this show

Rocco (Lulu + Dante's Kid)
Spencers, Corinthos Olivia grandson

Wiley (Michael's kid)
Spencer, Quartermaine (Corinthos)

Avery (Ava + Sonny's kid)
Corinthos, Jerome

Leo (Julian and Olivia)
Jerome, Rocco's uncle 

Scout (Sam + Drew's Kid)
Quartermaine, Cassadine 

Danny (Sam + Jason's kid)
Quatermaine Cassadine

Georgie (Maxie + Spinelli)
Scorpio + Spinelli (poor kid)

James (Maxie + Nathan)
Scorpio, Britt, Nina , Lisel

BaileyLou (Maxie + Peter)
Scorpio, Britt 

Aiden (Liz + Lucky's I think? or Nik?)
Webber, Spencer(Cassadine?)

Jake (Liz + Jason)
Quatermaine, Webber

hope that helps. 

Edited by Daisy
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

that whole Cafe scene just was horrible from Joss's PoV.

Joss is the worst. Everyone has to act the way she wants them to and share her opinions.

Why was Spencer acting as if Nik stopped his trust fund, when it was Spencer who made a big deal about not wanting any Cassadine cash? I appreciated they had Nik say that Spencer shouldn't call any woman a bitch. Too bad the writers don't read what they write.

Ugh, more Carly/Sonny whining tomorrow.

• Love 11

Rocco (Lulu + Dante's Kid)
Spencers, Corinthos Olivia grandson

Wiley (Michael's kid)
Spencer, Quartermaine (Corinthos)

Avery (Ava + Sonny's kid)
Corinthos, Jerome

Leo (Julian and Olivia)
Jerome, Rocco's uncle 

Scout (Sam + Drew's Kid)
Quartermaine, Cassadine 

Danny (Sam + Jason's kid)
Quatermaine Cassadine

Georgie (Maxie + Spinelli)
Scorpio + Spinelli (poor kid)

James (Maxie + Nathan)
Scorpio, Britt, Nina , Lisel

BaileyLou (Maxie + Peter)
Scorpio, Britt 

Aiden (Liz + Lucky's I think? or Nik?)
Webber, Spencer(Cassadine?)

Jake (Liz + Jason)
Quatermaine, Webber

hope that helps. 

It does and was unexpected. Thanks for taking the time

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Joss is the worst. Everyone has to act the way she wants them to and share her opinions.

When she and Cam inevitably break up I hope he says "And I'm NOT sorry I accused Jason of murdering Franco." 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Laura/Esme was good. Esme sure doesn't seem to be the out and out villain she was made out to be in the start. I'm thinking that they might be pivoting the character.

I'm not as sure about that, but I've been wrong many times before.

During that scene, with all the close- ups on Esme's face, I  thought I was seeing subtle changes/microexpressions that indicated she was adding data to her mental "people I hate" list. In fact, I was going to come here and credit Avery Kristen Pohl's acting chops.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Who knew! All it took to decommision Peter was a good swift kick in the balls.

My first thought, was good job, but also smack him hard over the head with something heavy and knock him out completely.  

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Laura/Esme was good.

Genie's been doing amazing work lately.  With Kevin, with Nik, with Spencer, with Ava all of it is very organic and realistic and I'm here for it.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

it was Spencer who made a big deal about not wanting any Cassadine cash?

Originally, that was the case.  But then when he decided he did want it, Nik had given it to Ava to entrust and her conditions was to apologize for the damage to the gallery  and Spencer refused.  So Ava holds the purse strings which burns Spencer's ass even harder.  

I appreciated they had Nik say that Spencer shouldn't call any woman a bitch.

And interesting that Spencer's counter argument is that you shouldn't put a hit on a woman and have her shot in the head.  The problem is that while Spencer was close to Hayden, she wasn't his mother so him dying on that hill seems a bit much.  

Who's willing to bet that our heroes are about to be ambused at the cabin, while the car that's stopping for Maxie will be Peter.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 1

That convo with Esme and Laura had me hoping they would take this character a different path than straight up psycho villain and let her be more entertaining. When Laura was going on about Esme being late for dinner, and Esme was just like “didn’t you have your phone?” I actually laughed. Avery Pohl is very good.

As is Nicholas Chavez who outacts his onscreen father in most scenes. Today felt like a lot of truths - he wants Nik to love him more than Ava. That’s not necessarily reasonable or attractive for someone his age but it’s the truth. 

Joss, while generally not a good friend, was also right to tell Trina that Spencer is making her his side piece. Emotionally, almost physically. But of course she uses that info to piss off Esme instead of just being there for Trina. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, racked said:

Joss, while generally not a good friend, was also right to tell Trina that Spencer is making her his side piece. Emotionally, almost physically. But of course she uses that info to piss off Esme instead of just being there for Trina. 

Yes. Joss was right, but it also felt like Joss wants Trina to be her "side piece." 

I wanted to slap her through my screen when she told Esme about the gift. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

When she and Cam inevitably break up I hope he says "And I'm NOT sorry I accused Jason of murdering Franco." 

I would love a blow out fight where he actually says out loud that he was never allowed to disagree with her or her violent criminal family. 

Considering how much Joss hates Esme, I really do hope they throw Cam and Esme together someday, just to see her reaction. And Carly’s. 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

it was Spencer who made a big deal about not wanting any Cassadine cash?

Originally, that was the case.  But then when he decided he did want it, Nik had given it to Ava to entrust and her conditions was to apologize for the damage to the gallery  and Spencer refused.  So Ava holds the purse strings which burns Spencer's ass even harder.  

Oh, right. Things got a tiny bit tough and Spencer wanted back in the dough. 

His attitude toward Ava is so tiresome. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Genie's been doing amazing work lately.  With Kevin, with Nik, with Spencer, with Ava all of it is very organic and realistic and I'm here for it.  

Yes I agree. I haven't always been the biggest Genie fan, mostly because of the old time style of soap opera over acting. But like you said perfectly she has been mostly organic and realistic lately and I am liking it a lot!

• Love 1

Nik and Spencer are so Cassadine. Both actors can bring the heat. I'm team Nik, for now, cuz Spencer is being obtuse about Victor and a brat about Ava.

Why would Drew even be involved in the rescue of Maxi? Did Sam/Liesl not tell Dante/Anna that Victor was just heard trying to activate Drew? They know Peter knows how to activate him. Does that maybe not make him the best choice to lead this operation?!

Missed the very beginning, but Maxi should have played along until she had a better chance of incapacitating Peter. I guess she is over it, but kneeing him in the balls and running into the woods in the middle of the night without a coat is perhaps not the greatest escape plan. 

Of course Joss wants to twist a dagger in Esme, while Trina, who was the wronged party, is trying to be open. Like mother...

• Love 8
Just now, TVbitch said:

Why would Drew even be involved in the rescue of Maxi?

because he's Jasonlite. He needs to rescue everyone. I'm not understanding why Dante is there too LOL. This should be Anna's show,

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

running into the woods in the middle of the night without a coat

She grabbed something, maybe it was more like a sweater than a coat. Maybe the Swiss ALps is under the same heat dome as Port Charles

• LOL 6
23 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

They have been writing her as the matriarch of the show in the past 3 weeks or so, I'd say. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Yes. Joss was right, but it also felt like Joss wants Trina to be her "side piece." 

I wanted to slap her through my screen when she told Esme about the gift. 

She’s such a bad friend. Sure she’s right to say Spencer still has a girlfriend and you deserve better than that, but the second it suits her she uses Spencers feelings for Trina as a weapon to make that girl mad. I know she doesn’t know Esme drugged Trina but she knows Esme went after her. And she still hasn’t told Trina that Spencer said he likes her too! I know it’s old news but what kind of friend keeps that info to herself? No wonder Trina didn’t tell her about the almost kiss. 

• Love 7

I really liked Laura saying that she knows what Esme likes and offering to take some home for her (showing care for Esme) and Olivia and Ava having an adult, non-recriminating conversation about Leo and Julian. there's not enough of that in the show

Octavius Pëtronus was good

43 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

And interesting that Spencer's counter argument is that you shouldn't put a hit on a woman and have her shot in the head.  The problem is that while Spencer was close to Hayden, she wasn't his mother so him dying on that hill seems a bit much. 

Spencer will die on any hill that is anti-Ava. Victor has done far more nefarious things than Nik but Victor feeds Spencer's ego so that's okay.  Spencer will take any hill that makes Nik look bad, no logic or consistency needed.  His demands of Nik dumping Ava, putting his adult son first in his life and giving him everything he wants, are ridiculous.

This toddler Spencer storyline is going on way too long and it's no longer entertaining. NC is giving it his best but ye gods, Spencer is being an idiot. There better be a big Victor payoff to it.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

I love how Joss is also "Sonny "protected" Nina" aka Sonny didn't murder her.  And of course Trina doesn't blink at this. where a normal person (best friends or not) would be like. "well she doesn't deserve to be murdered just because you don't like her.

Joss doesn't deserve Trina. Cam doesn't deserve to be stuck with Joss. Like Willow, he's lost his brain when he got involved with a Carly offspring.

Spencer and Joss need to be together and save everyone else from them. Joss was in pure Carly Jr. bitch mode today and undid all the good work Laura achieved.

23 minutes ago, Daisy said:

because he's Jasonlite. He needs to rescue everyone. I'm not understanding why Dante is there too LOL. This should be Anna's show,

I couldn't understand either other than to give Dante something to do but then I remembered that he's ex WSB so maybe that's the reason.

Although if Mac is in the hospital, Chase is on disciplinary leave and Dante is out of the country, who is protecting Port Charles?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, lala2 said:

I’m happy they didn’t let Josslyn go on endlessly about Sonny but she’s still annoying. Maybe it’s the way the actress delivers her lines (or my bias), but I don’t get the sense that she truly cares about Trina. She doesn’t come off very genuine. Why say Trina will never be #1 to Spencer?! Why not tell your friend to be cautious given his past actions. I don’t know. Again, I truly despise Josslyn so maybe that’s playing into my view of their conversation. 

I felt the same way, especially after she used what Trina told her to taunt Esme. She’s not a remotely likable character. The only person I believe whose corner she’s truly in 100% is Carly. They don’t do a good job of selling that she cares about Trina. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 10
On 2/20/2022 at 10:59 AM, Kim0820 said:

There was a married couple playing major characters on ATWT for years, and the actress asked never to be paired with her husband's character.  She said she got all giggly around him!

Yes that would be John and Kelley Meninghan Hensley who played Holden and Emily respectively(they're divorced now). Oddly enough their characters were married on the show but another actress was playing Emily at the time.

I think WR would play a Nathan recast before he would play a love interest of Carly's.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jma14 said:

I would love a blow out fight where he actually says out loud that he was never allowed to disagree with her or her violent criminal family. 

Considering how much Joss hates Esme, I really do hope they throw Cam and Esme together someday, just to see her reaction. And Carly’s. 

I think Cam has more chemistry with Esme than Joss too. Plus she could bring back some of that bad side out of him again.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jma14 said:

She’s such a bad friend. Sure she’s right to say Spencer still has a girlfriend and you deserve better than that, but the second it suits her she uses Spencers feelings for Trina as a weapon to make that girl mad.

She's a total brat.  Worst part is she, just like her mother, thinks she's this fantastic friend, but she's really only out for herself. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Who's willing to bet that our heroes are about to be ambused at the cabin, while the car that's stopping for Maxie will be Peter.  

Nope on the car stopping for Maxie...

Spoiler

The person in the car will be Felicia since we see her in a car in this weeks' previews and spoilers elsewhere say that Maxie will be reunited with her baby this week.

Edited by dbklmt
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I think KS did a great job reaming out Peter today. Her lips were quivering when she lit into him. I think even she’s had enough of this storyline and was glad to get it off her chest. LOL!!! 

Esme looked awful today. Her hair was limp and a mess, the pick eye shadow looked awful and her dress washed her out. The wardrobe, hair and makeup people should be fired. Unless, they were trying to make looked worn out worrying about Spence but this is daytime and they should look beautiful no matter the pain. LOL!!!!

Um, Joss WTH????? It’s bad enough you were a biotch the whole time but did you have to tell Esme about the gift Spencer gave Trina….in front of Trina?!?! Esme is going to put a hit out on Trina when she goes to the powder room at Kelly’s. Wait! Does Kelly’s have a powder room? 

• Love 4

I'm still acquainting myself with some of these younger characters. Joss was an infant last time I was watching regularly. So she's basically just Carly without the nuance? Lovely. But it's appropriate.  At least it's a character choice unlike Michael who seems like a nothing burger waste of airtime. (And don't get me started on that normcore waif Willow)

So is there a pool on Esme's bio parents? Hitting the whole orphaned by my adoptive parents thing hard today. Ryan seems the obvious answer but ew. Not sure this show needs anymore heretofore unmentioned children. And she better the eff not be another Faison spawn.

The kick to the balls seems to a be go to bit for Peter's enemies. Valentin did the same thing during Nick's return at Val and Nina's wedding. I realize that was two years ago but it was like a week ago to me.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

So is there a pool on Esme's bio parents? Hitting the whole orphaned by my adoptive parents thing hard today. 

Just had a thought -- don't know if it's good or bad --there's been a lot of talk about adoption lately. Could it be that Willow and Esme are sisters? 

1 hour ago, rur said:

Just had a thought -- don't know if it's good or bad --there's been a lot of talk about adoption lately. Could it be that Willow and Esme are sisters? 

It would make no sense time wise, but I would consider it lovely karma if Esmé was somehow Carly's spawn that was given up just so Esmé can treat Carly just like Carly treated Bobbie for "abandoning" her. But this show has no use for karma or parallel stories or whatnot, so...

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

It would make no sense time wise, but I would consider it lovely karma if Esmé was somehow Carly's spawn that was given up just so Esmé can treat Carly just like Carly treated Bobbie for "abandoning" her. But this show has no use for karma or parallel stories or whatnot, so...

They already did that story with Nelle. It is why she targeted Carly because she blame Carly for not doing anything during Nelle's childhood who only had Frank Benson in her life.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

They already did that story with Nelle. It is why she targeted Carly because she blame Carly for not doing anything during Nelle's childhood who only had Frank Benson in her life.

True, but Nelle was her sister, not her kid, right? I figure an exact copy of the horror Carly dished out to Bobbie would be even better! But then, I never liked Carly, so the more suffering she has to do the better. LOL!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Okay, so this Heat wave stuff people keep mentioning has to be Ice Princess related, right? Oddly enough it was 66 degrees outside where I live so it's not that crazy. LOL

You’re probably right about the Ice Princess, although that hadn’t even occurred to me. Where I am, it was 80 degrees today and in 2 days we’re expecting snow. I thought the writers were just being timely. (Or, maybe, the Ice Princess exists IRL. Hmmm…)

14 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

My first thought, was good job, but also smack him hard over the head with something heavy and knock him out completely.  

This is a huge peeve of mine when it comes to these types of scenes. The victim always temporarily incapacitates, then runs away. Why, when you have someone on the ground, would you not make sure they stayed there? Not only would I hit Peter on the head, I’d stab him with whatever pointy objects were nearby until he stopped twitching.

14 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I wanted to slap [Joss] through my screen when she told Esme about the gift. 

Right?? Way to pivot from supportive friend to self-centered opportunist. Joss is the absolute worst.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes that would be John and Kelley Meninghan Hensley who played Holden and Emily respectively(they're divorced now). Oddly enough their characters were married on the show but another actress was playing Emily at the time.

I think WR would play a Nathan recast before he would play a love interest of Carly's.

ha, too bad they are divorced - she was off the show awhile having a third child!  

It would be a drag, I would think, to work with the same person all day and then go home to that same person.

A Nathan recast would be interesting, since he'd be with Maxie too, with the same face as Peter.  But they are brothers.  That could make them twins.  LOL.  

Honestly, i would like it nothing more if this is the road for Trina and Joss to no longer being friends. I am still disgusted that Trina was so upset and Joss and Cam decided to have sexytimes anyway and then  just the cruel vindictive way Joss used Trina's information to hurt Esme (and then knowing that Esme can be a cruel hard bitch when she wants to be) potentially hurt Trina. 

And quite frankly  I mean we saw the almost kiss but that present legit could have just been a "sorry for the cabin, thanks for being a good friend, see you in 30 days, boss" present. And Joss not knowing anything basically decided to weaponize it.  Cow. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Honestly, i would like it nothing more if this is the road for Trina and Joss to no longer being friends. I am still disgusted that Trina was so upset and Joss and Cam decided to have sexytimes anyway and then  just the cruel vindictive way Joss used Trina's information to hurt Esme (and then knowing that Esme can be a cruel hard bitch when she wants to be) potentially hurt Trina. 

And quite frankly  I mean we saw the almost kiss but that present legit could have just been a "sorry for the cabin, thanks for being a good friend, see you in 30 days, boss" present. And Joss not knowing anything basically decided to weaponize it.  Cow. 

I wish they went their separate ways as well but I won’t hold out hope for that. The writing for this teen group is very hallow to me. I said earlier that I don’t think they do a good job of selling that Joss cares about Trina and I also think she, and Cam for that matter, barely seem to like Spencer so her “feud” with Esme doesn’t come off as organic when I don’t buy her going to bat for either of her friends.

They center everything around Joss and have the others be there for her when she’s struggling but she doesn’t return the favor has shown that she will easily dismiss or drop them altogether if they don’t fall in line and share her opinions on everything and everyone. See Cam with Jason, Trina with Ava, Spencer with Esme, etc.  

They pale in comparison to the previous teen groups were there was occasional infighting but we saw how much they cared about each other and were there for each other the majority of the time. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sheggy50G said:

Please, all of you who keep wondering about WR being a recast Nathan - STOP! TPTB might read this and think it's an excellent idea.

I don't want to see that actor on this show any longer. He is too much.

honestly, i think Peter is too much for Wes Ramsay - but I don't think Wes Ramsay is bad. during the Maxie and Peter scenes when he needed to be serious and not hammy evil twisting moustache evil, he was quite decent. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

honestly, i think Peter is too much for Wes Ramsay - but I don't think Wes Ramsay is bad. during the Maxie and Peter scenes when he needed to be serious and not hammy evil twisting moustache evil, he was quite decent. 

I have nothing against the actor, but I do have something against the revolving door characters for the same actor.  If it's been a few years, fine.  But, to bring back an actor as a completely different character (not an evil twin or a plastic surgeried imposter) almost immediately is stupid and unnecessary.  I assume there are other actors out there that can play parts besides the one that just vacated a role on your show.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I wish they went their separate ways as well but I won’t hold out hope for that. The writing for this teen group is very hallow to me. I said earlier that I don’t think they do a good job of selling that Joss cares about Trina and I also think she, and Cam for that matter, barely seem to like Spencer so her “feud” with Esme doesn’t come off as organic when I don’t buy her going to bat for either of her friends.

Spencer is in baby jail and yet none of his friends have come to visit him. When Alexis was in this baby jail, she had a bunch of visitors so it is not that difficult to go visit him.

7 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I have nothing against the actor, but I do have something against the revolving door characters for the same actor.  If it's been a few years, fine.  But, to bring back an actor as a completely different character (not an evil twin or a plastic surgeried imposter) almost immediately is stupid and unnecessary.  I assume there are other actors out there that can play parts besides the one that just vacated a role on your show.

oh i agree
I was just defending Wes. 

i wonder if part of it i the soap-acting pool is relatively small now. not sure

7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Spencer is in baby jail and yet none of his friends have come to visit him. When Alexis was in this baby jail, she had a bunch of visitors so it is not that difficult to go visit him.

it's been like 2-3 days (more or less) but not even a Phonecall from them either. I will say  - lie Joss can bitch about Esme all she wants -this proves Spencer's point. Joss is all "omg. we CARE ABOUT YOU WHY CAN'T YOU DUMP ESME." well. even when pissed, Esme still visits Spencer, brought him a care package/sexy photos haha.  I do believe he needs to end the relationship with Esme (just doesn't know how) - because Laura's convo to Esme? legit easily could have been applicable to Spencer. He's basically made Esme his world and he doesn't really know how to untangle himself from that yet without losing esme and thus losing his friend/girlfriend etc.  (Trina challenges him and even though there are clearly sparks, if Trina said to him she just wants to be friends, I believe Spencer would honour that and just be friends, and even whilst (rightfully) angry) - Trina asks about hm etc). All Joss does is push him in the pool and loudly goes how spoiled and entitled he is and she guesses she can spend time with him. (i mean he is spoiled and entitled. but coming from joss it's legit pot meet kettle)

• Love 6