Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I know! I think the actors may have been spending a lot of time with the babies. Like the interaction is effortless. When she smiled at BL when she came up behind Chase was a hit in the feels. The whole thing felt very real, and that Bailey was really coming home to her parents.

Both JS and AS are new parents, and it looks like they've learned the baby whisperer techniques.

6 hours ago, Daisy said:

But I will say - it just feels that Carly has a Lorelai relationship with Joss whch is basically they treat each other as BFFS vs. daughter/mother and I think that's wrong (so maybe that's what you mean about dysfunctional?) I just feel that neither one of them have some sort of boundaries and I've never seen Carly really go "no i am your mother, enough."

Yeah, treating Joss like her BFF when Jason isn't around and and telling things a mother shouldn't tell her daughter is bad but the way Carly encourages Joss and Michael to hate who she's hating right now is disturbing.  No teenager should hate someone the way Joss hates Nina.

And Sonny has been Joss' father--figure for most of her life. Carly should be saying that it's okay for Joss to be angry at Sonny for what he did (not destroying Nina) but to keep in perspective the caring that he's given her and the nice things that he did for her.

• Love 6

20 minutes ago, DanaK said:

@Daisy excellent point that Bailey should be 1 years old instead of an infant. That’s weird that they are keeping her so young, usually soaps fast forward on the age

it just drives me bananas. Like I guess they wanted the emotional impact of this happening with a baby. but like. yeah as adorable as Baileylou is they are legit aging her down - there really isn't any way this kid is a "year old"  i reference the AMC Baby Switch a lot - but like when Bianca got Miranda back (almost one year later) - that kid was standing up on her own, babbling some words, etc Baileylou is legit still baby. 

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And Sonny has been Joss' father--figure for most of her life. Carly should be saying that it's okay for Joss to be angry at Sonny for what he did (not destroying Nina) but to keep in perspective the caring that he's given her and the nice things that he did for her.

that requires Carly to be an adult. it's basically. If I hate them you all should hate them. which is 98 percent her issue with Sonny. Like even if you remove the "we fell in love" angle - Sonny showed Nina grace. basically. he lost a year why waste time hating people and Carly's issue is "who cares about you being home LET"S BURN THE BITCH DOWN." why not just be grateful you got your husband back. They all just suck 

• Love 8

I don't think I could give less of an S about making Willow Nina's daughter, and the lazy way they're doing ("oooh, they're antagonistic towards each other, what will happen when they find out they're relatzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz").  This story was finally done, why are we looping back again, why!

Michael's tirade at Sonny just made me roll my eyes.  As I've mentioned before, there are no dramatic stakes now to this relationship because Michael forgave Sonny for MURDERING HIS BIOLOLOGICAL FATHER so all his ranting about Sonny's cheating was stale hot air.

I don't really get why they immediately undid Brook giving up the baby, why not just skip the beat if it was going to be so pointless, the show could have easily used Mac's injuries as a reason that he and Felicia would want Brook and Chase to hang on to Bailey for the mom.  It's just going to make it so much worse on Brook when she finally has to part with her.  I do wonder if they'll start transitioning to calling her Louise.

Shut up, Joss.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Like that time he got her father deported?  Or that time he crashed her father's plane? 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Like that time he got her father deported?  Or that time he crashed her father's plane? 

i have to truthfully believe Joss doesn't know anything about this. which i mean you know would be good soap if she did, but dead honest with you i honestly believe she loves Sonny more than she loves Jax which is mindblowing - and they are basically doing the same thing with avery and "Mama Carly"  I've still yet to hear this kid ask for her mother ava.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

He did those things for Carly so she could hoard another kid.

Sonny hasn't been a bad stepfather to Joss. Yeah, often it was benign neglect but he gave her what he gave his biological children. Joss grew up privileged and feeling loved.

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i have to truthfully believe Joss doesn't know anything about this. which i mean you know would be good soap if she did, but dead honest with you i honestly believe she loves Sonny more than she loves Jax which is mindblowing -

That's how Carly wants it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Also Felicia and Mac acted like they were the parents bringing home the baby. Which not surprising since they raise Maxie's other kids. Maxie won't raise this one either. Leave her as Bailey. 

Actually, Mac raised Maxie, Georgie, and Robin. Jar-Jar Binks and Ellie raised Georgie, his and Maxie’s kid. I was pretty much on the Barge, so don’t know if James has been raised by Maxie or Mac and Felicia.

16 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Actually, Mac raised Maxie, Georgie, and Robin. Jar-Jar Binks and Ellie raised Georgie, his and Maxie’s kid. I was pretty much on the Barge, so don’t know if James has been raised by Maxie or Mac and Felicia.

I've always kind of loved that Mac and Lucy never had kids of their own, but they were still very much parents.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

Someone tell Joss most of her family wouldn't be around if Sonny hadn't occasionally screwed around with someone else.

I think they are going to back to Nina/Willow for two reasons: to make Willow bio related to Wiley (yes I think she and Nelle are twins lol) and to make the Nina/Carly fued more "epic". 

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I would love to join the Joss rant, but it's still early and I'd like to not ruin my day.

I was thinking yesterday about the whole Chase/BLQ pairing and I know that it's not everyone's cup of tea for various reasons. I find that their chemistry has improved a lot, like they're almost sparkly together.

But the point I was trying to make is that there is a difference in the way BLQ/Chase falling in love is being written vs how they handled Sam/Dante. This is how you know which pairing and which characters the writers actually care about. 

• Love 8

I laughed at Michael berating Sonny, cuz CD was trying soooo hard to have some other look on his face other than his usual slack-jawed "duhhh".

Has Harmony had proper deprogramming therapy? She's been involved with cults for most of her life. I would think she would still be susceptible and need intensive and ongoing counseling to recover from her conditioning and also to integrate all the bad and crazy things she has done. 

...Is anyone actually looking for Maxie? 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, VioletMarx said:

But I really like the respect everyone has for one another in this situation. I don't need to see another fight over a baby ever. They still manage to have drama in this storyline without that. 

I know! I'm a bit shocked at how well this part of the story has been written. I think it helps a lot that BLQ started out uninterested in kids, so we got to watch her surprise at how much she cared for Bailey and enjoyed being part of a family with Valentin and later with Chase.

10 hours ago, DanaK said:

@Daisy excellent point that Bailey should be 1 years old instead of an infant. That’s weird that they are keeping her so young, usually soaps fast forward on the age

I wonder if it's because the babies are so appealing and easy to work with? Older kids can get impossible pretty quickly, and the show doesn't have time to wait for them to calm down. And there's also Covid; it's possible casting for kids that age is on hold.

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

No teenager should hate someone the way Joss hates Nina.

Eh, teenagers have strong feelings. What bothers me more is Nina getting the lion's share of the blame here. Yes, Joss (and Michael) are disgusted with Sonny, as they should be, but he's not evil incarnate the way Nina is.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Daisy said:

i have to truthfully believe Joss doesn't know anything about this. which i mean you know would be good soap if she did, but dead honest with you i honestly believe she loves Sonny more than she loves Jax which is mindblowing - and they are basically doing the same thing with avery and "Mama Carly"  I've still yet to hear this kid ask for her mother ava.

Joss does know about the deportation, she was pouty about it for a week or two that summer.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Well, I took one of my naps and missed the end but I just have to say this: :the actor playing Michael is  the wimpiest ASEXUAL actor on  the show and probably in real life.

RECAST NOW

Oh no in real life he's soapy. He's 34 years old and gotten married twice and both marriages were less than 6 months.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

life. Carly should be saying that it's okay for Joss to be angry at Sonny for what he did (not destroying Nina) but to keep in perspective the

Yeah no. If my father-figure hurt my mother like that, it doesn’t matter HOW good he’s been to me. There is nothing on this earth that’s going to stop me from eviscerating him. That’s my MOTHER! Fuck with her at your own peril. 

I’m not saying joss and Carly aren’t insufferable. Or that Joss hating on Nina with the heat of 1000 suns is reasonable. Just that if any man hurt my mother and I found out about it, I would not sit idly by and say ‘oh well he’s been really good to me, so bygones!’

• Love 2

LOL at Willow being amazed that the State Department has no record of her birth.  Who writes this stuff?  States issue birth certificates, not the federal government. 

Harmony forged the certificate successfully, or is it not recorded?  But there is a way, as Tara who wrote "Educated" finally was able to get her passport, though there was no birth certificate at all. 

I guess Harmony never thought about legal adoption, which could have worked perfectly well in the circumstances.

Agree TMI to their adult children about their sex lives.  SLS and Joss should not hear about Sonny and Nina.  

Joss called Spencer spoiled and entitled.  It takes one to know one.

• Love 6

Today's Show

we open with Finn and Liz. Finn is like why you here? Liz picked up a shift. Finn is being all concerned about Liz working herself to distraction and not paying attention to her health. Liz goes she knows. but she needs to work extra shifts to pay for Cam living in the dorm (again - the best thing about going to school in your home town is living at home.). but she admits that she had a good cry. She wants to confess to Finn bout the chopped dress. Anna shows up and says is this a bad time? They say no. Anna says there is protection on CLQ+Baileylou. Finn grouses this wouldn't be necessary if he had just finished Peter off. (agreed).

Liz is uncomfortable with this conversation - so she leaves (so I am thinking Liz's fugue state thingy might be Peter-feuled?) Anna says whomever you are protecting about last year is under my protection. . Anna confesses that she is alone. She misses Finn and Violet. (umm... but you have val?) Anyway she apologizes for being a bad girlfriend. Finn goes it's okay. Anna goes. being alone means i can focus on getting Peter and Maxie. I'm not neglecting you and Violet. Anna goes there's an odd satisfaction focusing on work. odd kind of power. (but seriously...what about val?) Anna goes I suck at being a girlfriend but I am a damn good spy. I'm going to clear up this mess that I made. Anna goes this started because I believed in his redemption. Finn  goes  i don't blame  you for wanting to trust him. that's normal. Finn continues to comfort Anna. (But really. WHAT ABOUT ANNA AND VAL? WHY IS ANNA ALONE?!)

Anna asks about Liz. Finn goes we're good. then makes Anna laugh how dating a super spy was kinda unique. Finn goes you know where I am if you need help. I'm rooting for you. Get Peter. Anna sighs. 

Liz gets a mystery red card. 

TempnewSasha! Apparently they aren't going to go through the IPO until maxie is found. Brando is like. hey sorry to ambush you but you are hard to track. Sasha is like "yeah busy working." Brando goes we need to say everything we've not  been saying. 

Sasha goes what's on your mind? Brando is like seriously? "We barely talk since the funeral. I never see you. When I do your nose is in the tablet. I get this is your way of coping and I don't want to get in the way of that, but I'm not." Sasha looks bored. snort 

Sasha is like yah i am avoiding you. You grieve weird. You need to sit with your feeling I can't do that. Brando goes. I need to talk about it with the one person who went through it. You're the person i wanna spend the rest of my life with but if we can't do this then what are we doing here?  

Sasha apologizes but she says if she can't move forward she won't be able to move at all. Brando goes. I'm a reminder of what you lost. (awkward cut to Jasonlite/Drew)

Austin is bored of eavesdropping on Sheffield. Lisel shocks him. She tells hiim to keep listening. if Sheffield helped Peter -he'll trip himself off. 

Austin whines about doing this. Lisel goes it's small price to pay. You going after going BLQ comprmised Baileylou, consider it penace. Austin goes I know. IF i could turn back time I would. Lisel goes. Yeah vengence doesn't work out the way we want. But if you know this. There will be hell to pay if anything happens. 

Sheffield has a Sun Tarot Card. We flash back to Peter and his standoff on the pier. EvilHenchman shows up and says eyes on the target and he's alone. Sheffield is like. "let's go."

Jasonlite breaks police tape, and Sam shows up. they both go. they need to do stuff to bring maxie home. (was Jasonlite close to Maxie? or is he just really channeling Jason with action hero activated?)

They chatter about Dante and everyone being in a good place and Sheffield shows up "Sorry to interrupt!" goes Sheffield.  a lot of babbling about how Sheffield feels like he's partially responsible for Peter getting loose (Sam/Jasonlite say you are). Sheffield goes i've been trying to fix our broken family, btw Sam you've been ignoring my calls, it's like you want nothing to do with me! Sam goes YOU should be the PI you're right on the money. Now leave so we can get back to work. Sheffield goes sure. just one thing and then tries to activate Drew... in front of Sam (that's kinda sloppy, Sheffield. Sam can't see the card or anything but still... very not Sheffield). 

Sam is like wtf are you doing? Drew goes "is that supposed to mean something" Sheffield wheels it back and goes i was just making sure this isn't  working, here take the card. Drew sends Sam away and then starts to roughing up Sheffield. The bug falls out and Drew accidentally smashes it. 

Jasonlite threatens Sheffield. Sheffield is pissed. 

Felicia is crying. Anna sees her and goes what's wrong.  Felicia is sad that she gave up Baileylou. Anna goes it was right thing to do. BLQ is the only family that baby knows. Felicia goes i know, but she really just wants a connetion to Maxie. Anna gives her the earring. Anna vows she'll stop at nothing to bring Maxie home. Felicia sobs, "She knows." Anna goes "do you need me to stay here?" Felicia is like no, I'm good. Anna leaves, and Felicia smiles clutching the earring. 

Laura is visiting with Mac. Laura is like you are so brave doing what you did. Felicia said it was for the best. Mac goes how did it go? Felicia goes our granddaughter is very happy so that leaves one of us. Mac goes. it's temporary. until she realizes we're family too. Felicia goes "yes, until Maxie gets home." yeah that's not going to go so smoothly.

Mac and Felicia are beating themselves up for not seeing Peter for who he was and trusting Robert. Felicia goes I willingly ignored it because I was still beating myself up when TPTB made me a deadbeat mom - but this will never happen again! PETER WILL PAY!

Peter is driving. He tells Maxie no one will ever find us. Maxie looks scared.  Maxie goes you are so confident no one is going to find us. Peter waxes poetic about being at boarding school. and he bought a farm near it in a fake name. He does go. I wish Lou was with us.... we can send for her. (HOW?! LOL)

Maxie is trying to fish out info still "Where's this well stocked farm?"  Peter goes. "Meh better not know for your safety." Maxie goes well I kinda need to know how long we're gonna be in the car - so if you're not telling me, can we stop at a restroom? Peter goes, Is this a trick? Maxie goes no. I know what our deal is. 

They stopped at a restroom. Maxie rummages in the garbage. Peter speaks to a lady in german (WHAT?! at least have them say they got on a plane or something show, you can't drive to Germany! unless it's Amish Country y'all are in). Anyway. Maxie goes. I'm coming Peter!! The Lady comes in  see's Maxie's earring and then sees HELP! CALL ANNA! USA! *number* (okay which is cool but what would she have done had Peter checked the bathroom?)

She calls Anna. They aren't in Germany - they are in Switzerland. HOW DID THEY GET TO SWITZERLAND?! show all you had to say was "we got on a plane" or something  Anyway SwissMiss infodumps Anna and Anna gasps happily. "OH MAXIE!". 

Anna goes "YOUR DAUGHTER IS BLOODY BRILLIANT!" to Felicia and Mac. she infodumps them. about SwissMiss. Everyone is happy. Anna and Drew and Dante are going to go to Switzerland. Felicia is like I'm going with you. Everyone looks...confused. Felicia has a "Whaaaat?! Face

Peter babbles about hovering over maxie. "you aren't my prisoner!" babbles, bables. don't worry the only reason why I didn't bring Lou is because you wanted to come with me. until death does us part. 

Sheffield is pissed that Peter lied again. Evil Henchman is like maybe I can help? Sheffield goes Drew has memories to my life's work. I need to get them back.

Laura hears Lisel and Austin bickering. Lisel goes Oh! you can help us! Laura goes I don't know if this is a threat or a compliment. Lisel goes. "oh. it depends. it does involve Victor. 

Liz gets this really weird card saying We're BOTH thinking of HIM Today. ---B. (B?). Liz drops the card. Finn is like what is wrong?! Finn goes who is B. Liz goes Betsy Frank? Liz is like not close to her.. Liz goes Franco and Betsy had a thing for the macabe. Finn is like maybe you should go home. Liz is like no i'm fine. YOU go home. Liz stares at the card.

Sasha goes NO it's not you it's totally me. I love you. brando goes "I love you too." Sasha is like I know you are a tough guy. but you wear your heart on your sleeve more than I do. I admire that, but that's not me. But i won't make you doubt how much I love you again. They make up. 

Laura is like "a tarot card can activate Drew?" Lisel is like yes. along with the phrase. Laura infodumps us. Laura is like what does Shefffield needs from Jasonlite.

Sheffield goes. Drew knows a long buried Cassadine secret, but they have to figure out another way to get it. he sees the bug and goes "What is this?"

Anna tells Felicia this is bad and dangerous. Felicia goes this isn't my first Rodeo. Anna snaps. I can't focus on you and Maxie at the same time. Mac agrees with Anna. Mac goes this is for the best, even though every bone in your body is telling you to go. 

Maxie tells peter - everything in her body is going to enjoy what's gonna happen in their future. 

Jasonlite tells Anna to kill him if Peter activates him. Anna says understood. Let' go find Maxie and put an end to this.

Show ends.

• Love 5

"Liesl, you scared me." "That's only one of my formidable skills." Hee. I love it that Liesl doesn't make excuses about her deviousness.

LOL at Sam's umbrage when Drew says the PCPD isn't perfect. 

Yeah, Peter and Maxie being in Switzerland was very WTF. I wonder if there was an explanatory scene that got cut.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

A long overdue break from the crap that is the Sonny/Carly/Nina debacle.

Anna taking a civilian who is a liability to her is peak Anna. If the solution to stopping Drew is to kill him, then maybe you just don't take him. Maybe talk to Britt about what she knows? 

Victor realizing that Peter double-crossed him again. I despair of you, Victor! You are such a disappointment allowing Peter to just lie to you, turn your men against you, double-cross you out the wazoo. Victor should be ashamed of himself at this point. He should be seeking the nearest hole to crawl into. For a quick second, when Igor (I don't remember his name, but Igor, because Victor is a total Natasha at this point) asked Victor what he wanted from him, I thought he was going to order to him to kidnap Drew and buy a deck of tarot cards. 

I'm glad we got the follow-up of the Bailey scenes yesterday with Felicia. Returning her to BL and Chase was the sensible thing to do, although it won't be any easier for them to give her up whenever Maxie comes back.

Did Maxie find that lipstick in the trash, because that's really fortuitous. 

I didn't think Sasha's real life sister was bad in the role, but I genuinely don't care about Brando and Sasha. This is another relationship the writers didn't give a second thought to and I'm supposed to be rooting for them? Like no. They killed off their baby which was sad, but I still don't care about them as characters or as a couple.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm glad we got the follow-up of the Bailey scenes yesterday with Felicia. Returning her to BL and Chase was the sensible thing to do

It's a nice change of pace to see people prioritize the baby instead of their feelings. And with Mac still in the hospital, Felicia not having to take care of Bailey means she can take care of him.

What's with Anna's pity-me talk about being alone and all that woulda/coulda/shoulda on Peter? It was all so pointless. You were an idiot, Anna, but you weren't the only one.

That was a rest stop bathroom? Switzerland has extremely swanky roadside facilities!

Why would someone impact memories of Cassadine stuff in Drew in the first place? (Plot point.) And Drew, trusting Anna "to do what needs to be done" isn't the best choice. She couldn't do it multiple times with Peter; she won't be able to do it with you.

• Love 4

Maxie is lucky Anna answered her phone call from an international number. we get so many scam calls from international numbers I never answer. But then I am not a top "spy".

I laughed when Peter was reluctant to let Maxie take a pee break. Apparently he was able to plan in a false passport and some kind of secret flight to Europe but doesn't  plan for pee breaks.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

again - the best thing about going to school in your home town is living at home

again I would say that living at home is the cheapest thing but the best thing about going to college is living in the dorm

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I didn't think Sasha's real life sister was bad in the role

That's her sister? That's funny because when they did they announcement to the name of the replacement actor, it took me a minute and then I thought that was the name of the Sasha actor so I was confused. But they do look alike, and this sister may be the slightly better actor.

58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What's with Anna's pity-me talk about being alone and all that woulda/coulda/shoulda on Peter? It was all so pointless.

Yaa I thought that was all weird. 

• Love 3

So effectively, when it comes to Maxie's children:

• Ellie raised Georgie
  • James is raised by Mac and Felicia
  • Louise is raised by BLQ and Valentin, then by BLQ and Chase
  • While Mac is in the hospital, Spinelli is taking care of James and Georgie

I don't understand the reasoning behind Maxie being given three children. One, sure. Two? Maybe. Three? No.

• Love 5

Previews..who is Britt threatening to harpoon?

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So effectively, when it comes to Maxie's children:

• Ellie raised Georgie
  • James is raised by Mac and Felicia
  • Louise is raised by BLQ and Valentin, then by BLQ and Chase
  • While Mac is in the hospital, Spinelli is taking care of James and Georgie

I do kinda wish we got to see James with Nathan's family.  I can't remember the last time he was in a scene with Nina or Dr. O, and I don't think Britt has ever had a on-screen interaction with him.

Edited by TeeVee329
6 minutes ago, Blackie said:

again I would say that living at home is the cheapest thing but the best thing about going to college is living in the dorm

honestly - I've lived on campus for a year (for uni) and then two when i went to college but as i've said if you want wanna be social on campus you don't have to live in the dorm. I also think dorm living is depends on 

A: Who your dormmates/suitemates are (which basically sets it up if you like it or not. Uni i loved it. (but i had to live on campus - my uni was 2 hours away from home up north and it wasn't consistent to travel back and forth to live for classes or i would have lived at home. had I gone to school down South It would have made a bit more sense to live/commute). My College experience was the opposite. 

B: and does the college /uni have a really good support/college experience for those who live off campus. both places where I went to school did. so I have to imagine most schools do. You can still have a very vivid college experience living at home (or off campus) vs living on campus in the dorms. I have really great memories of my first year of college and i lived on campus - but i also have great memories years 2 through 4 - when i didn't. I can honestly say that uni was great irregardless of where i lived. I just... really don't believe in order to get a full university/college experience you have to live on campus. (I know on the show it's easy to have them live on campus so the actors can be off screen for long periods of time w/a good reason) but just from my experiences  it's not like the whole college experience is shut off from you because you lived at home (nor would i really want my parents to work extra shifts just so i can live on campus to get said experience - not if commuting was serious, viable option). 

but i will acknowledge maybe it just depends WHERE you go to school and the school's efforts to make the experience worthwhile. mine was very determined to have everyone have a wonderful time. so that's my experience on that matter. 

19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews..who is Britt threatening to harpoon?

Someone I'd like to harpoon too, hopefully.

20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do kinda wish we got to see James with Nathan's family.  I can't remember the last time he was in a scene with Nina or Dr. O, and I don't think Britt has ever had a on-screen interaction with him.

I think that James was on screen a total of 2-3 times.

• Love 1

The way they just continued with Maxie and Peter in the car, I was like, damn, he drove from Port Charles to Switzerland?! How much No Doz does that take! : D

I like Liz, but the last thing Fin needs is YET ANOTHER difficult, high drama relationship. Give the poor guy a break. It's been the wife he couldn't save, Hayden and her disappearance and baby shenanigans, Anna bringing Peter into Fin's life, and now he finally gets ahold of kind and simple Liz just in time for her drama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

OK, so who is B? Betsy Frank seems better as a red herring assumption than the real answer. But, if it really is something to do with the initial B, I can't think of who it would be. Maybe it's yet another Brenda return? At one point she had something to do with Franco, but I don't think it was friendly. 

21 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

OK, so who is B? Betsy Frank seems better as a red herring assumption than the real answer. But, if it really is something to do with the initial B, I can't think of who it would be. Maybe it's yet another Brenda return? At one point she had something to do with Franco, but I don't think it was friendly. 

I had to “rewind” to see what the initial was. I didn’t know who B could be but I wouldn’t have even thought of Franco’s mother. I’m assuming it’s a red herring or Elizabeth is doing it to herself. It’s a good start of a storyline that doesn’t involve Sonny or Carly which is a plus. LOL!!!! I don’t read spoilers so I’m curious to see how it plays out. 

• Love 2

So nice to get a break from the boring CarSon drama. Are we supposed to be excited by them and Millowtonin. Brando and Sasha supposed the Zzzzz factor.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Igor, because Victor is a total Natasha at this point) asked Victor what he wanted from him, I thought he was going to order to him to kidnap Drew and buy a deck of tarot cards.

That would have been smarter than what Victor is actually doing. As soon as anyone gets near Peter, whether it's Anna or Victor, they instantly turn stupid.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, Peter and Maxie being in Switzerland was very WTF. I wonder if there was an explanatory scene that got cut.

I got the feeling that they wanted us to be shocked to find out that they were in Switzerland when people started speaking German. For those with long memories, there was Valentin exposition a couple of years ago about keeping an eye on Peter in his European boarding school.

I liked Maxie looking for something to write with, finding the lipstick and leaving her earring. Smart Maxie is much more enjoyable than clueless fashionista Maxie.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Is the B for Beth. Another form of Elizabeth.

Or Biz? That's a nickname Terry had for her.

Ugh. I really don't Liz to be doing this herself. This show has had enough Crazy Wimmins stories for fifty lifetimes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Let me guess - and I am going strictly by these posts as I haven't watched an iota of this show for...wow, about almost a decade now! But (no spoilers, just guessing, to reiterate!) it sounds like Liz is going crazy and/or will have the favorite of many a soap hack, dissociative disorder, a.k.a. a split personality.

Because why not? Sigh...

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Or Biz? That's a nickname Terry had for her.

Ugh. I really don't Liz to be doing this herself. This show has had enough Crazy Wimmins stories for fifty lifetimes.

Honestly, I thought they were going to have Heather Webber gaslighting Elizabeth, but this whole Betsy Frank thing is beyond stupid. And if they're going down the the crazy road with her, then no thanks.

Can we just let Franco just RIP already? There was no need to build a storyline around his dead ass.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

The way they just continued with Maxie and Peter in the car, I was like, damn, he drove from Port Charles to Switzerland?! 

Willow should get Petah to take her to Paris, since he has no trouble scaring up passports.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
On 2/14/2022 at 2:46 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I've gone on the wiki and now I remember why I had scrubbed Rafe from my brain along with his storyline. 

So I'm just gonna go back to that place where I remember none of it. 

His father was a literal angel.

• LOL 1
On 2/12/2022 at 11:43 AM, rur said:

It takes a long time to turn a ship, but here's hoping that the GH ship is turning, and Laura and Kevin become the matriarch/patriarch/go-to couple for advice as Sonny and Carly's marriage implodes. It'd be nice to have people who weren't gangsters in front for a while.

They need to go back to the winning formula.  The hospital, lots of Quartermaines with their scheming, spies (much better than gangsters), and hero/heroine characters like Laura amd the gang were back 8n the 80’s.

amd yes, I would like to see much more Laura and Kevin in a serious capacity.  Not just filling out a room.  I also like when she threatened Victor.

On 2/14/2022 at 5:44 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

Loved Britt's  wavy hair  but stay away from Snarly.    She is a nasty bitch who really uses anyone who tries to befriend her. I am glad the MTS have finally given her some Karma. 

Sonny.  You are bi-polar and off your meds. What the fuck are you doing drinking?. You are just looking for trouble.  I hope you are not driving yo could kill someone.

I got the feeling that Spence  isn't into Esme so much anymore. He didn't look all that thrilled to see her. 

Nina--get a life.

It wasn't valentines Day for me-where is my guy?

Sonny is a high profile mob boss.  It is unrealistic that he wouldn’t have one of his henchmen there for security purposes who could keep an eye on him.

On 2/16/2022 at 11:22 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

They had it seem like Maybe Mac and Alexis were going to be a thing for a hot minute (or maybe a full year but where there were like 3 scenes in the course of that year) and I'm always for more Mac (and less Felicia, sorry...) I would have been fine with it but even at the time I was like if I was NLG I would be a hard no because clearly when you have daughters and you date mac you leave the show and mac raises your daughters.    

Mac and Felicia didn't raise Georgie when she lived with Ellie and Jar Jar but the past year they've had Georgie and James pretty much all the time... since Jar Jar and Ellie broke up.  

I wish they'd aged up Bailey actually before her getting back to Maxie because it is more dramatic that way if Bailey actually remembers her time as a Q.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I wish they'd aged up Bailey actually before her getting back to Maxie because it is more dramatic that way if Bailey actually remembers her

The babies that play Bailey are in the top 3 best things in the show right now, if not #1, so even though it doesn't make sense it benefits the show to have Bailey as a baby 🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, bybrandy said:

wish they'd aged up Bailey actually before her getting back to Maxie because it is more dramatic that way if Bailey actually remembers her time as a Q.  

It's way too early for an age up.  And I hate all SORASing.  It ruins any semblance at all of continuity.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I wish they'd aged up Bailey actually before her getting back to Maxie because it is more dramatic that way if Bailey actually remembers her time as a Q.  

It would be more dramatic to have Bailey screaming day and night to go back to her mom and dad. But I'll settle for her calling BL and Chase mama and dada by the time Maxie comes back to PC. 

Two days later, I still can't get over the overload of cuteness of Bailey looking over her shoulder and smiling at BL and Chase. I still have a very cold cold heart when it comes to this show, but that scene may have thawed it a little bit. But just a little bit.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

The babies that play Bailey are in the top 3 best things in the show right now, if not #1, so even though it doesn't make sense it benefits the show to have Bailey as a baby 🤣🤣

I love how she looks towards people when they are talking to her. When Peter was talking to her in the car after he kidnapped her, she would turn her head towards Wes. Peter’s evil of course, but it was just so cute to watch

• Love 5
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

As soon as anyone gets near Peter, whether it's Anna or Victor, they instantly turn stupid.

Peter's superpower.

12 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Seriously. And it's that much grosser that it's over SERIAL KILLER Franco. UGH.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, bybrandy said:

They had it seem like Maybe Mac and Alexis were going to be a thing for a hot minute (or maybe a full year but where there were like 3 scenes in the course of that year) 

She never acted that into him IIRC. Didn't he get her an ice scraper for a Christmas present, or something like that? 

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

She never acted that into him IIRC. Didn't he get her an ice scraper for a Christmas present, or something like that? 

Yes, I believe both of those things to be true.  The ice scraper rings a bell.  

I think the actors knew Mac and Alexis wouldn't work as love interests and played things accordingly. The writers saw the light and wrote the entire thing as sort of a joke, which I didn't like any better. It felt like they were mocking mature (as in age) relationships.

• Love 3

Random thought. While I don’t care for NLG extreme views on politics or anyone views on politics I think she is such a smart actress. Whatever scene she is in she comes off so smart (except Alexis’s own life) with the dialogue given. It’s hard to explain but I like how she listens and gives a direct answer with just the right amount of hard truth wether it be good or bad. Alexis likes to have a man in her life she doesn’t need a man in her life. I still miss William DeVry but once they had him put a knife to her throat there was no going back. I enjoy her scenes with Harmony. All they do is talk but it’s so well played out. 

• Love 8