Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CeChase said:

JMO, someone on twitter said that Finn DID sign a contract to that effect, after his whole drug addiction storyline.  I don't remember it, but if that's true, then they got him.   Of course, it's highly likely "the historian" doesn't remember it, because no one has mentioned this onscreen right?  And without that contract, this is all ridiculous.  

I would imagine that there would have to be policies around something like this, and procedures. Too bad Finn quit, because he might have had some lawsuit material if this all grew out of information from a third party (Liz) rather than actual observed behavior on the job. If you're going to hold someone to an agreement that they can't drink, you'd think there would be some built-in methods to verify that, not relying on what is basically gossip. 

Having said that, I think that Finn is being very self-destructive, and he needs some kind of intervention. I just don't think that Terry and Portia did a good job of addressing this problem. IRL, I suspect that many people who have people in their lives who abuse drugs or alcohol face similar problems; you can't force adults to do what is in their best interest and you can't take everything into your own hands. I will be interesting to see what the writers come up with for this.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Anna? MAC  has more history and knows Jagger better than your ass. 

Yes, but Anna doesn't realize that because she's always been too self-focused. Everything she knows about the history of Jagger and the Robin-Stone relationship she has learned second-hand from Robin and Mac, long after the fact because she has missed so much of Robin's life. This is the same woman who, after finally hearing Robin speak at the Nurse's Ball, said something like I never knew the passion you have for this. Well, Mac knew - he's been a witness from the time Robin found out she's HIV+.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Even when Monica wasn't AWOL, she was so pathetically grateful for the crumbs of attention Jason throws her way that she never says anything.

i know. but i remember that beautiful moment when Jason came to tell Monica that Emily was dead [that sucked], but Monica tore him a new one about how it was his and Sonny's fault and how everyone was dead and gone and it always came down to Jason and she wished it was him who had died. i need someone to unleash that vitriol at him

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

So Finn's bottle he has when Alexis showed up is same amount in it, then he doesn't drink more before work. He's not drunk but they're acting like he is?  I think I may drink more than him. Lol yet Liz thinks he's the more terrible and turns him into bosses. 

Finn should sue. Send to the committee, let him do the blood test. With his resume he can get another job better than PC fast. 

Liz deserved Finn yelling at her. 

Wow who ever wrote Sam's lines today actually did well. She got to rightfully call him out on deadbeat self choosing adult Carly over his kids. 

Good for her telling Spinelli calling out the nobility and don't you dare. 

Carly needs to shut up about acting like she's caring about Monica's feeling.  Then she's blaming Drew for his choices and getting to live free, she's attacking when he went to jail for her? 

Mac was with Frisco. Interesting person to be with. 

Sam should play the recording for Danny not Carly. 

• Like 12
(edited)

Fastest pool day ever.  Finn goes to GH, quits, goes home, and suddenly Violet is back at Maxie's. 

Team Liz for me.   If you want to go on drinking binges, don't date the Head Nurse. 

What did he stab himself on?  Broken glass?  (Hammy acting ensues)

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 22-01-10 General Hospital 6-21-24 Preview GH 21st June 2024 - YouTube.png

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 1
On 6/19/2024 at 12:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

Sonny warming up to Natalia is not a very good look for him. She's still a homophobe and bigot, no matter how she's "evolving."

I like that Alexis pointed out that calling children's services on Finn won't necessarily help Violet. The system is rarely the best place for kids, especially when there are other viable options.

TJ was condescending toward Felicia about how quickly she sorted out his patient. It's her job and she's good at it. Ugh, he's such a jerk.

Previews: They finally pulled Terry out of the closet for Pride. 

They’ve gotta cynically virtue signal.  And pander.  Can’t forget the pandering.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

my kingdom for someone to fling that to his face. 
I'd say Monica because on top of that he made her mourn his not dead ass again - but monica is awol

From what I’ve seen, I don't get a warm feeling about Leslie Charleson’s health.

I REALLY hope I’m wrong.  

• Sad 4

First off, Steve Burton’s tattoo is so ugly. I guess because it doesn’t look like anything more than an arm for charcoal. He did years of working out to cover it up. It was certainly a choice that’s all I’ll say. 

Carly and her attention to and for Jason is so annoying. It’s so funny how she totally dumped Drew and could give two figs about him except how it might affect Jason. All that wasted location footage to the Florida beaches (Malibu) with that (no chemistry) love story for nothing. LOL!!!!

Finn has been drinking for about a week and now she’s an alcoholic? Granted he had a drug addiction but I think Elizabeth should have given him another week or two before finking on him. Although, it was nice she admitted a lot of it was out of spite. I can’t believe Tracy still hasn’t seen him. Although, I think she was in the preview for tomorrow but I might be wrong about that.

It looked like Tabyana and Gio were having a kick ass time fake talking in the background. Gio looked like he was laughing hysterically. The kids doggy paddling in the pool was so funny. I know kids (and, adults do it) but the three of them in a row in a 6 inch too much for me to take seriously. 

• Like 10

Yesterday's scenes between Carly and Jason reminded me of two mental patients.  I  mean, they have gone too far with this IMO.  They honestly look really sick.  I have a bestie who's more like a sister and we don't stand around proclaiming we'd do anything for each other with tears in our eyes constantly, you know?  It's giving me the creeps at this point.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I don’t understand anything about Jason and Carly’s story. Jason was buried under rubble but somehow the fbi found him ? He pretends to be dead because he’s protecting Carly? 
He works in the coffee warehouse counting 10 bags of coffee over and over

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Everything she knows about the history of Jagger and the Robin-Stone relationship she has learned second-hand from Robin and Mac, long after the fact because she has missed so much of Robin's life.

I know, but my point was what she said to Mac yesterday, came off as she knows Jagger better than Mac; as if she knew who he was when he was a teen-and she doesn't. It's  obvious the writers, such as they are, don't bother to see what others before have written, so the personality replacements are giving the viewers, well, at least this viewer, whiplash.

When did Anna decide that Jagger is a problem? What was the point of her going to his room, announcing to him that her eyes were finally open regarding Mooby? Ever since then, she's been refusing to work with him, and trying to convince Jason not to go after Valentin, because if he fails, then the FBI, or rather Jagger, will never let him go. But sure, she'll be the one to gather all the evidence on Mooby and Valentin and decide when to arrest them.

So I guess I shouldn't hope that Mac and Jagger have any scenes together, or that Robert and Mac find out what a shitty job Anna is doing as Commissioner.

6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Finn has been drinking for about a week and now she’s an alcoholic? Granted he had a drug addiction but I think Elizabeth should have given him another week or two before finking on him. Although, it was nice she admitted a lot of it was out of spite.

Finn is an addict. It doesn't matter that it wasn't alcohol-but pills, but he should stay away from alcohol-as has been stated on this show why he's always made a choice to not drink. So yes, him starting to drink and drink, and lying about it, is a problem. And I don't recall Elizabeth saying she reported him out of spite. She's been consistent saying it was out of concern for Violet and her children. It continues to bug me she doesn't say because she's been down this road before with Lucky. Unless she said it to Terry, and I missed it while fast forwarding the commercials.

• Like 4

It was so much fun to see Mac and Felicia, Robert, Anna, and Maxie together again - all original and long time actors on the show, so happy to be back together.

6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

First off, Steve Burton’s tattoo is so ugly. I guess because it doesn’t look like anything more than an arm for charcoal. He did years of working out to cover it up. It was certainly a choice that’s all I’ll say. 

My eyes keep going to it in every scene and I wish he wore longer sleeves because as popular as the look is (soccer players galore), I don’t get it and the religious character of his tattoo sleeve keeps bringing me back to the actor, away from the character.

I’m probably repeating myself but the spiralling out of Finn reminds me of how they got rid of Julian (bringing him down by repeated humiliating events) and I don’t like it, even though I have no use for the character.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

Yesterday's scenes between Carly and Jason reminded me of two mental patients.  I  mean, they have gone too far with this IMO.  They honestly look really sick.  I have a bestie who's more like a sister and we don't stand around proclaiming we'd do anything for each other with tears in our eyes constantly, you know?  It's giving me the creeps at this point.

Carly and Jason are co-dependent and completely toxic relationship.

Something that Carly said to Sam that stood out for me was about how she didn't know Danny all that well. So Jason is presumed dead and Carly has not bothered trying to get just a little bit close to his sons and help care for them just a little.

I don't think there's a character on TV that sucks more than Carly.

• Like 10
  • Applause 9
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Something that Carly said to Sam that stood out for me was about how she didn't know Danny all that well. So Jason is presumed dead and Carly has not bothered trying to get just a little bit close to his sons and help care for them just a little.

That honestly tracks for me. Unless the mother was MIA and she could play mommy and pretend like it’s her and Jason’s kid, she wouldn’t have any interest in his children. It wasn’t a thought in her mind to tell his kids they were getting married or invite them to the wedding, only hers. Even though she doesn’t specifically ask Jason to prioritize her over everyone, it’s clear she relishes his role in her life and doesn’t want him to put anyone ahead of her, including his minor children. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Seriously. Danny's the one who needs a reality check on Jason. Carly already knows she's top priority.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Jason is presumed dead and Carly has not bothered trying to get just a little bit close to his sons and help care for them just a little.

of course she doesn't. 
Danny didn't give up an organ for one of her brats. [which honestly, is probably the only reason why she's around Jake at all], and Jason wasn't around so why bother getting to know his kid. the only thing Carly loves about Jason is Jason and that he does everything for her. she doesn't care about his mother, his family (extended or otherwise)  - I'll also point out neither does Sonny. 

at this point everyone knows Jake and Danny are mob kids for the most part  so I don't even think you can handwave that they stay away in that regards either

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Meredith Grey is right up there a lot of the time. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I'm pretending Monica's frequent absences are due to her visiting AJ (who is alive) on the sly.

Monica: I cannot believe it! Alice just told me Lois and Olivia invited someone named Gio to live in the house. Who does they think they are? It's not their house!

AJ: Dad GAVE it to you!*

*A joke that has only ever worked when Monica and/or Alan set it up or finished it. Michael said it once and I wanted to kick him in the face. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Mirabelle, wanting to kick Michael in the face is perfectly natural response anytime he opens his mouth.

I love your headcanon about Monica off visiting AJ! It's my headcanon now too. 😊

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

I'm pretending Monica's frequent absences are due to her visiting AJ (who is alive) on the sly.

I've always said AJ's kids.  and I keep saying. of all the dumb secret children they keep inventing which makes no sense CODY - AJ having children (and giving Monica another grandchild via AJ who isn't such a total and utter.. well whatever Michael) makes so much sense. and on a greater scheme it would open up so many more Q-centric stories because there can be some conflict (and resolution with AJ (by proxy with the kid) and Tracy - i always felt the big reason why they hated each other is because they were ultimately the same). Kid vs. Michael (because Michael is lapping every Quartermaine benefit and can't even acknowledge AJ at all except a lame "yeah AJ was my biological father" every blue moon) - because i would resent the hell out this butthole gave up everything because of him and he can't even warrant a "man i miss AJ sometimes." (and that's just if you gave AJ a daughter. i've always said two kids. the youngest (girl). and then a boy who is basically everything Michael pretends he is. lol

there is a lot of untapped potential there. 

• Like 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

Nah, that's a cruel thing to do to a kid. I do, however, think she should play the recording for Elizabeth. Both mothers should know the truth. Also, I think that would stop Elizabeth from ever encouraging Jake to believe he can rely on his dad in the future. She meant well when she was talking to Aiden and Jake, but it's just setting up Jake for disappointment. 

As for today: "My dad needs help. I think he's dead!" Poor Violet!! JE's acting with a child actress was superb. Tracy restraining her tears to comfort and calm Violet while the paramedics examined him, was beautiful.  The JE/JS scene was excellent too. She's taking care of them as Gregory would have wanted. I teared up when Tracy was in tears taking the evidence pictures before she woke up passed out Finn.

So BLQ, Finn, and Violet are temporarily moving to the Q's. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a little apartment open and available for them to use? / #Giooverstepped 

@GHScorpiosRule the Valentin/Anna scenes will not be good for your blood pressure. But you'll like Sam telling Carly that Jason's not the victim here; his kids are.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 9
  • Love 3

JE is a treasure. I can’t wait to hear her read Finn for filth. 
Having Violet at the Quartermaine’s will help keep the distance between her and her father. She can be distracted by activities there and the other children. She doesn’t need to see her father hitting rock bottom. 

• Like 12
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Finn is an addict. It doesn't matter that it wasn't alcohol-but pills, but he should stay away from alcohol-as has been stated on this show why he's always made a choice to not drink.

That is the recommendation when he was in rehab for his drug addiction and but I do not believe there is any scientific evidence that he will automatically  become an alcoholic just because he went on a bender in a state of grief.

• Like 2

Ugh, I'm so tired of this dumb Pikeman story. It's going NOWHERE and is so boring.

LOL at Finn's drunken stupor. He doesn't strike me as the type to listen to wailing female vocalists. (It wasn't even Blaze! Missed opportunity, GH!)

It's a bit weird Violet called Tracy (someone needs to go over emergency procedures with Violet), but it's good to see Tracy is finally in the mix here.

35 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Tracy was in tears taking the evidence pictures before she woke up passed out Finn

That was very smart to do. It will be hard for Finn to weasel out of things when faced with photographs. Though I have no doubt he'll try. I don't think this is rock bottom yet.

15 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I do not believe there is any scientific evidence that he will automatically  become an alcoholic just because he went on a bender in a state of grief.

Finn is an addict and he's abusing alcohol at the moment. Does it matter if that doesn't technically make him an alcoholic? The point is he's a danger to himself and to others right now, and he needs to get help.

Is a three-year-old recording worth anything? It's not as if Carly is still heading up the mob. That was over by the time Jason "died," wasn't it? Even if the FBI didn't play the recording for him and just made vague threats against Carly, Jason was an idiot not to call their bluff. 

If Wagger wants Jason to speed things up, Wagger needs to do something concrete toward Carly to show he means business. Right now it's an empty threat. Start the paperwork to arraign her or something. Don't flirt with her, fake or not. Good grief.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The point is he's a danger to himself and to others right now, and he needs to get help.

He needs some empathy and support, what his family has been doing has been no help to him what so ever.

7 hours ago, Desperado said:

I’m probably repeating myself but the spiralling out of Finn reminds me of how they got rid of Julian (bringing him down by repeated humiliating events) and I don’t like it, even though I have no use for the character

I agree, I hate this storyline.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

Carly says anger should got to Jagger? Heaven forbid Carly take responsibility. 

Sam was good with her Jason hate.

She should have pointed out to that Drew did the same thing. Went to jail to save her.  She never pays for anything. 

• Like 17

I don't find Finn's descent into alcohol abuse very believable, nor do I believe he has a "they done me wrong" set list of emo tunes for when he wants to have a drunken pity party. 

OMG, I would make a better spy than Anna! But if they have Carly outsmart "evil" John and save the day for Jason, while Anna gets caught doing a clumsy room search and failing to play Valentin (teary eyes and all) ~I will lose my shit! 

• Like 5
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)

OMFG, now we're supposed to think John, by doing his job, is somehow a "bad agent" because Carly thinks so?  As fucking if.

And once again JE/Tracy is the episode's MVP.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 14
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

The point is he's a danger to himself and to others right now, and he needs to get help.

He needs some empathy and support, what his family has been doing has been no help to him what so ever.

I’m probably repeating myself but the spiralling out of Finn reminds me of how they got rid of Julian (bringing him down by repeated humiliating events) and I don’t like it, even though I have no use for the character

Yes, yes. And proof of how horribly this story is being written, and what an absolutely sledgehammer to the character of Finn it is was crystal clear in today's episode. All over the place I'm reading "Go Tracy!" "Tracy was amazing!" Tracy is there for Finn. She told Chase that she can say things to Finn that he can't. How great she was with Violet, and all that jazz.

But here's the thing... where was she the day Gregory died? The day after and after that and after that and that? Finn is supposedly one of her best friends. Finn SAVED HER LIFE. Finn (as he pointed out) saved the hospital which is one of the Q's legacy. So, where was she? After his father died. When she knew that he was having problems because oh, you know Chase and BLQ were talking about it. She was with Chase and BLQ, and Stella. Not with Finn.

Even though his father died. Even though he found his father's dead body. Even though his girlfriend completely deserted him in his hour of need. Just flat-out ditched him not once, but twice. Tracy never checked on him.

And this is why it is clear as day that these writers are running a bus over Finn and backing up and running it over him again. In a week, this guy lost his father, found his body, has gone on a downward spiral, and has been attacked by his sponsor/friend, his girlfriend ditched him and ratted him out at work. His bosses/friends at work gave him an illegal ultimatum. His friends Curtis (a fellow addict) and Tracy haven't shown up for him even once. Chase, a supposedly seasoned cop, is like a helpless, useless puppy.

And everyone who has "tried" help him have done so by saying: We are taking your daughter away from you. The one lifeline he has left. He's been shown so little grace or empathy, love or concern. It has been a week. Seven days.

Yes, writers, we get it. You hate the character of Hamilton Finn. The fact that this guy lost his father a week ago, found the body, and so many viewers are in anticipation of Tracy tearing into him, thinking he's an irredeemable asshole says it all. Congratulations show. Finn ain't boring anymore. Well done!

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Yes, yes. And proof of how horribly this story is being written, and what an absolutely sledgehammer to the character of Finn it is was crystal clear in today's episode. All over the place I'm reading "Go Tracy!" "Tracy was amazing!" Tracy is there for Finn. She told Chase that she can say things to Finn that he can't. How great she was with Violet, and all that jazz.

But here's the thing... where was she the day Gregory died? The day after and after that and after that and that? Finn is supposedly one of her best friends. Finn SAVED HER LIFE. Finn (as he pointed out) saved the hospital which is one of the Q's legacy. So, where was she? After his father died. When she knew that he was having problems because oh, you know Chase and BLQ were talking about it. She was with Chase and BLQ, and Stella. Not with Finn.

Even though his father died. Even though he found his father's dead body. Even though his girlfriend completely deserted him in his hour of need. Just flat-out ditched him not once, but twice. Tracy never checked on him.

And this is why it is clear as day that these writers are running a bus over Finn and backing up and running it over him again. In a week, this guy lost his father, found his body, has gone on a downward spiral, and has been attacked by his sponsor/friend, his girlfriend ditched him and ratted him out at work. His bosses/friends at work gave him an illegal ultimatum. His friends Curtis (a fellow addict) and Tracy haven't shown up for him even once. Chase, a supposedly seasoned cop, is like a helpless, useless puppy.

And everyone who has "tried" help him have done so by saying: We are taking your daughter away from you. The one lifeline he has left. He's been shown so little grace or empathy, love or concern. It has been a week. Seven days.

Yes, writers, we get it. You hate the character of Hamilton Finn. The fact that this guy lost his father a week ago, found the body, and so many viewers are in anticipation of Tracy tearing into him, thinking he's an irredeemable asshole says it all. Congratulations show. Finn ain't boring anymore. Well done!

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

All the props to Jane Elliott today, who was fabulous in her scenes with Violet. Can’t wait to see her against ME on Monday.

Why would Jagger bring a bottle of champagne to Carly’s office for them to drink it? So unsexy.

I do like the fact that they’re both playing each other but Out of Sight, this ain’t.

Anna wore a lovely dress, but her need to keep dating Valentin is driving me up the wall. She’s tried again and again to get dirt from him  and she always fails miserably. SB’s face when he saw them really showed my exasperated feelings about the situation.

• Like 8
8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly and Jason desperately need therapy together.  They make me think of an animated YouTube series where the doctor has sessions with various public figures.  Whoever produces that could really have fun with these two.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I'm so tired of this dumb Pikeman story. It's going NOWHERE and is so boring.

LOL at Finn's drunken stupor. He doesn't strike me as the type to listen to wailing female vocalists. (It wasn't even Blaze! Missed opportunity, GH!)

It's a bit weird Violet called Tracy (someone needs to go over emergency procedures with Violet), but it's good to see Tracy is finally in the mix here.

That was very smart to do. It will be hard for Finn to weasel out of things when faced with photographs. Though I have no doubt he'll try. I don't think this is rock bottom yet.

Finn is an addict and he's abusing alcohol at the moment. Does it matter if that doesn't technically make him an alcoholic? The point is he's a danger to himself and to others right now, and he needs to get help.

Is a three-year-old recording worth anything? It's not as if Carly is still heading up the mob. That was over by the time Jason "died," wasn't it? Even if the FBI didn't play the recording for him and just made vague threats against Carly, Jason was an idiot not to call their bluff. 

If Wagger wants Jason to speed things up, Wagger needs to do something concrete toward Carly to show he means business. Right now it's an empty threat. Start the paperwork to arraign her or something. Don't flirt with her, fake or not. Good grief.

Jason was strong armed into working for the FBI because he was a good choice to infiltrate Pikeman’s mercenary crews.  Now that he’s been outed, it’s idiotic to make him responsible for finding out who is running Pikeman.  Just like how it was moronic when Cyrus was trying to blackmail every rando in PC to find where his mother was sequestered.

i have family in the FBI/Homeland Security.  A sensitive high end operation like this would never be put in the hands of a single low/mid level agent.  The whole thing is absurd.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Re: the Finn story----all of the actors, of every age, are playing this so well that I find myself caught up in it even while thinking it's a little preposterous.  I'll be interested to see the Finn/Tracy scenes on Monday.  Also, now that Violet has been home alone with him while he's been passed out drunk, and thereby unable to care for her, guardian Liz should have some actual legal recourse beyond just expressing her concern.  No doubt we'll see Alexis bringing her recovered attorney skills to bear in some way.

I have always loved Anna, even when I've wanted to smack some sense into her.  I still love her, and still want to smack some sense into her.  And I think she should be sharing the WSB aspects of the case with her other former colleague (and husband), Robert.  Working with Jason, who has no law enforcement status of any kind (other than keeping law enforcement busy) is ridiculous. 

I sorely hope the writers don't waste their opportunities with Adam Harrington, but they sure seem hell bent on it.  

Sam/Carly/Jason/tape/snooze.

Edited by JMO
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

So, where was she? After his father died. When she knew that he was having problems because oh, you know Chase and BLQ were talking about it. She was with Chase and BLQ, and Stella. Not with Finn.

his girlfriend completely deserted him in his hour of need. Just flat-out ditched him not once, but twice. Tracy never checked on him. 

has been attacked by his sponsor/friend, his girlfriend ditched him  Chase, a supposedly seasoned cop, is like a helpless, useless puppy.

I feel like this isn't entirely accurate/fair. Tracy's first decisions were to be there for her family, her newlywed granddaughter and grandson-in-law who is Finn's brother, and to ask Stella what she could take care of herself so that grieving Chase and Finn didn't have to be bothered. These are acts of love. She understands this is a lot to handle, the day after her granddaughter's wedding! Her friend Finn's behavior has put her family in an even more painful position than they already were in. So, this is what she's doing. We know from recent scenes (not just today) that she's been trying to call and he's been ignoring her calls. That's on him.

Elizabeth did not "abandon" him - he demanded to have his keys back and for her to leave when she caught him drunk with a woman after he told her he was going to meetings and did not intend to drink again. They broke up because she was very firm/showing tough love about wanting him to go to meetings and recommit to sobriety immediately because he's a single parent to her niece (and because she has PTSD from Lucky's addiction).  The whole reason she was upset in the first place was smelling alcohol on his breath and seeing the open bottle on the table when she got there, and he was home alone with Violet. If she had abandoned him, she would have just abruptly broken up with him that day and never spoken to him again. But that's not what happened.

Finn attacked Alexis, not the other way around. He was hostile from the moment she got there - "I know a welfare check when I see one". He wanted empathy and wanted her to agree that it's nobody's business if he copes with his father's death by drinking. That is conditional friendship.

Chase is NOT a helpless, useless puppy. He's just young and hasn't dealt with Finn's addiction before. He tried to be helpful, compassionate, and gentle. I saw plenty of love, grace, empathy and concern when the newlyweds approached Finn.  Finn's response was I AM FINE and don't you dare try to take my daughter from me. Now you and your bride get out.

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

She should have pointed out to that Drew did the same thing. Went to jail to save her.  She never pays for anything. 

Yes! That was such a missed opportunity. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I feel like this isn't entirely accurate/fair. Tracy's first decisions were to be there for her family, her newlywed granddaughter and grandson-in-law who is Finn's brother, and to ask Stella what she could take care of herself so that grieving Chase and Finn didn't have to be bothered. These are acts of love. She understands this is a lot to handle, the day after her granddaughter's wedding! Her friend Finn's behavior has put her family in an even more painful position than they already were in. So, this is what she's doing. We know from recent scenes (not just today) that she's been trying to call and he's been ignoring her calls. That's on him.

Elizabeth did not "abandon" him - he demanded to have his keys back and for her to leave when she caught him drunk with a woman after he told her he was going to meetings and did not intend to drink again. They broke up because she was very firm/showing tough love about wanting him to go to meetings and recommit to sobriety immediately because he's a single parent to her niece (and because she has PTSD from Lucky's addiction).  The whole reason she was upset in the first place was smelling alcohol on his breath and seeing the open bottle on the table when she got there, and he was home alone with Violet. If she had abandoned him, she would have just abruptly broken up with him that day and never spoken to him again. But that's not what happened.

Finn attacked Alexis, not the other way around. He was hostile from the moment she got there - "I know a welfare check when I see one". He wanted empathy and wanted her to agree that it's nobody's business if he copes with his father's death by drinking. That is conditional friendship.

Chase is NOT a helpless, useless puppy. He's just young and hasn't dealt with Finn's addiction before. He tried to be helpful, compassionate, and gentle. I saw plenty of love, grace, empathy and concern when the newlyweds approached Finn.  Finn's response was I AM FINE and don't you dare try to take my daughter from me. Now you and your bride get out.

Tracy had a week to see Finn. She chose not to, but, right, he wouldn't answer her calls. So, that clears that up.

Elizabeth saw Finn a few hours after he saw his dad's dead body and gave him the stink eye because he reacted the wrong way by drinking. And left him. And then the next time she saw him, offered to stay and lickety-split took him up on his 'nope, I want to be alone,' despite what she knew he was going through.

Chase has been a cop for years. Yet, he's acting like he's never seen a difficult situation in his life and this is all BRAND NEW INFORMATION! to him.

Again, as a fan of Finn's, and of the Elizabeth/Finn pairing, this has been an absolute train wreck to watch.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
7 hours ago, Artsda said:

I was actually waiting for that especially as it was Sam's other child, Scout, who had to pay the price for Drew falling on his sword so that Donna and Joss could have their mommy.

I cannot understand why the writers think that this impulsive woman who always needs men to save her from her bad decisions should be the show's heroine.

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, driver18 said:

Tracy had a week to see Finn. She chose not to, but, right, he wouldn't answer her calls. So, that clears that up.

Elizabeth saw Finn a few hours after he saw his dad's dead body and gave him the stink eye because he reacted the wrong way by drinking. And left him. And then the next time she saw him, offered to stay and lickety-split took him up on his 'nope, I want to be alone,' despite what she knew he was going through.

Chase has been a cop for years. Yet, he's acting like he's never seen a difficult situation in his life and this is all BRAND NEW INFORMATION! to him.

Again, as a fan of Finn's, and of the Elizabeth/Finn pairing, this has been an absolute train wreck to watch.

I have a few responses and then that's all I'm going to say because there's no point. I get it; you're disgusted by the people in Finn's life. 

Tracy did see Finn, at the memorial for Gregory. She's also tried to call him. So she hasn't been MIA, but you think she should have been seeing him alone in person sooner. Okay.

Yes, Elizabeth saw him a few hours after he saw his dad's body. She gave him the stink eye because she hugged Violet and then she hugged him to offer empathy and smelled the alcohol as she hugged him.  She wanted to take Violet while he went to a meeting. He got mad, told her no and no, and so she immediately called Chase. Could/should she have done more when she saw him and Violet at home? Perhaps, but in his state of mind it seemed like Finn only would be okay with someone being around him if they offered unconditional empathy including condoning his drinking as long as Violet was asleep. 

Yes, Chase has been a cop for years. But this isn't some house call for a stranger suffering from substance abuse, while he's on duty. He's mourning his father too and was appointed executor of their father's will. He's trying to deal with that stress, at the same time he's trying to navigate his brother's addiction. He knows some things about addict behavior because of his job but he's no expert.  As he told Elizabeth, he wasn't in the picture the last time Finn was showing addict behavior. He also respects and admires his elder brother Finn the doctor, who saved his life and other's. So, Chase has all these thoughts and feelings, and is doing the best he can. Meanwhile, Finn all but says to Alexis that his loss is sooo much worse than Chase's and he has zero interest in Chase's concern for him and Violet. I consider that to be an asshole attitude regardless of what anyone has or hasn't said to him or what he's been through.

Chase has his new wife and her family to lean on for support, and that's it aside from Alexis for Finn's sake. As far as we know, his mother hasn't reached out/visited nor has he been in touch with any aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.  A newlywed man has just lost his father, missed his honeymoon, and now has to worry about his brother's addiction and his young niece's safety and emotional health. That sucks!!

ETA: Full disclosure: I am an adult child of an alcoholic. The behaviors we are seeing in Finn are familiar to me. While I believe he is deserving of empathy, IMO empathy does not equal "Free Pass" to drink on and off for 7 days when the bereaved is the only parent of a young child and they live together alone in a residence. There are options for a bereaved person with a known history of addiction: talk to loved ones/join a grief support group/go to art therapy, for example.  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

I guess paramedics leave a victim if they haven’t committed a crime? I don’t know. That was weird. I could understand if Finn had been awake (maybe he was) and, told him he was okay but would they really just leave a person? Anyway, I’m glad Tracy took the pictures which I assume she’ll use when Finn says he’s going to pick up Violet. At least, it’s interesting.

i don’t like the Anna & Valentin stuff because their love affair has been ruined by the Pikeman storyline. I guess if JPS is leaving I understand it but if not it seems a waste to ruin such a popular couple.  Jason seeing Anna “working” to get evidence on Valentin and/or Pikeman didn’t go as planned. LOL!!! Maybe, she thought she’d find the evidence in Valentin’s mouth. 

Have a good weekend y’all. 

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Daisy said:

Meredith Grey is right up there a lot of the time

@daisy them's fighting words. Meredith can be a jerk but she's not a narcissitic Karen. 🙂

3 hours ago, ciarra said:

The Paramedic was rather judge-y.  Do "drunks" not deserve medical care? 

I wondered about that too. How do they know he didn't have alcohol poisoning or internal injuries from falling? Seems like a potential liability issue unless Finn came around and refused medical care. 

• Like 5
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

So about this. I'm catching up on some things on YouTube and I saw the bit with Carly and Jason when she shows up at the warehouse to warn him about Drew running for Congress.

The dialogue was absolutely disgusting. First, I believe that Drew went to Carly to discuss this with her, and she was all about how he'd have power and prestige because this is what Carly thinks public service is about (and every elected asshole out there). So her outrage over the announcement is extra. 

Second, her whole why should Drew have everything and Jason be living above Bobbie's and not have his kids and so on. The writing always makes her out to be a raving lunatic, but that was something else. It's about choices, heifer, and their consequences. But since Carly wouldn't know a consequence if it kicked her in the face because she has all these men cleaning her messes after her, then this is the character we are left with. A vapid shell of a person.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, ljr said:

Is violet too young to understand her father is drinking?

Maybe, but she seems to understand something is wrong. She also might have figured it out but is pretending to others that her dad is just sad

• Like 3
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I cannot understand why the writers think that this impulsive woman who always needs men to save her from her bad decisions should be the show's heroine.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. It leaves the men characters to shine and that’s how TPTB like it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I still don’t feel sorry for Finn. He believes his man pain is a million times worse than anyone else’s because he lost all that time with Gregory but refuses to acknowledge it was 100% his choice and fault that happened. Gregory didn’t do anything to him and was made to believe that he was the reason Finn was icing him and Chase out. Now others who are grieving Gregory like Tracy, Alexis, and especially Chase and Violet are having to put their own feelings on the back burner to worry about Finn, who is treating them all like dirt on top of it. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, driver18 said:

i will say there is a world of difference between professionally capable/knowing what to do - and being personally emotionally involved. I'm not dismissing your views or feelings on this - but just as someone who has both studied it (and lived through it both as a spectator and as a victim (not addiction but just abusive situations). even though you have the logic/training SCREAMING in your head - your heart and emotions do something else and it is very overwhelming

I honestly can only see what the clip of the day can show on youtube. (this would be Storyline i wouldn't mine watching but i can't watch anywhere).- but i did see tracy wondering why Finn wasn't answering her calls. I could see Tracy just not wanting to show up - but at the same time she's obviously concerned that he's not reaching back. I think that is respectful. (personally) - but i also don't know if she knew about the drinking etc as well? 

8 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

@daisy them's fighting words. Meredith can be a jerk but she's not a narcissitic Karen. 🙂

lol that's why i said sometimes (and i'll admit i don't know what "Karen" means really. but i know it's a bad thing lol). 

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

the thing is - it's not even men. it's everyone honestly. if Jason didn't have anyone in his life (including kids) it wouldn't even bother me that much.  I don't mind that people want to help Carly when she is down. that's human nature. what is so freaking frustrating  - is that CARLY always bleats how she can do it on her own, people lay out how they are going to sacrifice themselves for her. and she goes. "but.. i don't want you to."  and then let's them do it. the fact that Carly was fine with Drew missing time with his daughter was because they both  didn't want NIna to spend time with Carly's was just mindblowingly stupid. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, ljr said:

Is violet too young to understand her father is drinking?

3 hours ago, DanaK said:

Maybe, but she seems to understand something is wrong. She also might have figured it out but is pretending to others that her dad is just sad

She knows something is wrong but doesn't have the language to describe it. Finn hasn't been getting drunk in front of her face, leaving open bottles and glasses with alcohol around while she's awake, etc. But she has told Maxie, Elizabeth, and now BLQ and Chase, that daddy is "sad" and "tired" and "napping a long time" to explain his hung over behavior - and also telling her he is okay when she knows he's not. She's also anxious about leaving him alone; she said something to Maxie and the kids and then Tracy that she needs to go home and be with her dad/ she should have come home sooner. Now she wants Uncle Chase to teach her how to cook to help Daddy feel better.

• Sad 4
  • Love 1