Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Cousin Geo and joss are a no go. Sonny paid for two years of college and music lessons. He thinks the guy is great. 

So much sonny love today. The previews show maybe an altercation with Jason. Might dim his star a bit with the Bensonhurst crew 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Who can be upset about cake? 

Maybe the guests at Claudia’s birthday party who didn’t get any? 🤣

• Like 4

Ugh. Giovanni is NOT pronounced Geovani. It’s pronounced Jovanni. I’m not even Italian and I know that! And as a Brooklynite I was more insulted than usual by the portrayal of Brooklyn Italians when Lois’ father pulled up his pants leg to show Finn the rash on his leg. Why does show lean into the stereotype about uncouth New Yorkers? 🤬

glad Gregory was able to finish the ceremony and loved him and Tracy together. But when he asked her what she thought of the idea of them meeting when they were 25, I half expected her to say ‘you wouldn’t have liked me very much back then’ because it’s true. I can’t even imagine a 25 year old Tracy Angelica Quartermaine even  looking in Gregory’s direction. She was a royal bitch back then. But I love them together now. The actors are phenomenal and they really sell the pairing, whether as friends or potential lovers. In fact I kind of hope they just stay good friends.

The vows were cute. I knew there’d be humor because Scott Sickles wrote todays show, but he’s been hit or miss for the last several years so I wasn’t sure what to expect. He didn’t disappoint. 

I hit the FF button as soon as Ned said Violet would be singing an original song. I was not sitting through that, no matter how talented the kid is!

so Natalia really truly has no idea who Sonny Corinthos is? Well okay then. 🙄 I loved Maxie’s line about Natalia not being invited to many parties lol!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

But when he asked her what she thought of the idea of them meeting when they were 25, I half expected her to say ‘you wouldn’t have liked me very much back then’ because it’s true. I can’t even imagine a 25 year old Tracy Angelica Quartermaine even  looking in Gregory’s direction. She was a royal bitch back then. But I love them together now. The actors are phenomenal and they really sell the pairing, whether as friends or potential lovers. In fact I kind of hope they just stay good friends.

I thought the same thing and agree that they are great together now. Best part of the show for a long long time.

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Oh FFS! Mulcahy is OUT as Headwriter and Chris is back in. I’d love to know what went down with this move, but I’m really afraid for the future of the show…

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I hit the FF button as soon as Ned said Violet would be singing an original song. I was not sitting through that, no matter how talented the kid is!

It was cute and about what you would expect written by a kid

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Oh FFS! Mulcahy is OUT as Headwriter and Chris is back in. I’d love to know what went down with this move, but I’m really afraid for the future of the show…

It’s worse:  Korte is sole head writer.  Probably all Carly all the time.

• Sad 5
  • Angry 2

Count me as another who loved that scene between Tracy and Gregory.  Of all of the ways they could have expressed their growing feelings for one another, I think it was the most excellent choice.  It acknowledged their ages, and the lifetimes of experiences they've had without each other, and the limited time ahead of them.  Kudos to whoever has been writing for them.  Stories about terminal illness can be hit or miss.  For me, this is a major HIT, and mostly because it is as much about living as it is about dying.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I tried to. Then realized I was watching live. 😩

Torture. I guess I could have muted it. (I just now realized that. 🤦🏻‍♀️)

1 hour ago, mariah23 said:

It’s worse:  Korte is sole head writer.  Probably all Carly all the time.

Sounds Ike I’m out. 

• Like 4

Gonna says something nice about SBu: he looked good in that suit.  Blue always has been his color. 

I liked Portia's dress, but it was a lot of boobage for a Church. 

I see the overacting gene is strong in the Travolta family.  Yikes, that "I can see, I can see!" scene was cringey.

I FF'd through Violet's song.  To quote Berger from SATC: I'm sorry, I can't.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Natalia cares so much for her daughters brand she doesn't google Sonny Corinthos? It should have came up when she looked into Kristina. Does she really think he's a coffee importer?

The pictures montage was cute. 

Portia and Jordan questioning their invites is like viewers.  

Lol at Maxie telling Natalia she doesn't get invited to a lot of parties. 

Liz should have told Jason no her son wants to not go on the lake with his deadbeat who chooses everyone over him. 

• Like 7

I don't mind Violet, so I listened to the song.  It was the kind of thing a niece would do for her favorite  uncle, which made it fit in with the overall family theme of the wedding.  

What I thought was odd was that the wedding took place in a church, when there was nothing remotely religious about it.  

Re: the Cerullo relative looking for a medical consult on the side----I can say, from personal experience, that it is not only a New York thing, and it's not at all uncommon.  Annoyingly, and even at wedding receptions.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

But when he asked her what she thought of the idea of them meeting when they were 25, I half expected her to say ‘you wouldn’t have liked me very much back then’ because it’s true. I can’t even imagine a 25 year old Tracy Angelica Quartermaine even  looking in Gregory’s direction. She was a royal bitch back then

I was on the barge then, but this show did an extended fantasy sequence where Luke and Tracey imagined meeting each other as teenagers. I came across the clip once while looking up the guy who played Young Luke because he was briefly the Will recast on Days of Our Lives. In any event, Ioss is a big part of life, and one of my favorite Tracey scenes was when she was reminiscing about growing up in Oyster Bay and missing Edward and Lila. Tracey letting herself care for this guy who's only got a little bit of time left is pretty compelling to me. (Provided they don't draw this death out like they did with Mike's.)

• Like 10
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I FF'd through Violet's song. 

The first ten minutes of it, or the last ten?

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
7 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Why would you invite your sibling's friend to your wedding?

Portia realized today they were most likely invited because Chase and Blaze have performed together at the Savoy, the club Curtis owns. Though Chase has given up singing, BLQ still manages Blaze and is in touch with Curtis about Blaze singing at the Savoy in the future. 

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Liz should have told Jason no her son wants to not go on the lake with his deadbeat who chooses everyone over him. 

What does Jason know about lake activities other than to how to dump dead bodies in one? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
11 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Ugh. Giovanni is NOT pronounced Geovani. It’s pronounced Jovanni. I’m not even Italian and I know that!

Yeah, native English speakers rarely get Italian paired vowels right. Our inclination is to break adjacent vowels into two very distinct sounds (re: titles like Don Giovanni, famous names like Gianni Versace and Jason Giambi, anything similar). 

8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Gonna says something nice about SBu: he looked good in that suit.  Blue always has been his color. .

I agree. I was a little annoyed that his scene with Liz got interrupted and we never saw them work back to what they were talking about. I don't ship Liason at this late date, but I usually do like their scenes. I said the same thing about Alexis and Sonny a while back. 

I FF'd through Violet's song.  To quote Berger from SATC: I'm sorry, I can't.

Same.

I haven't watched an episode of this show in real time in years, and I don't think I'd be able to do it. Minus commercials, it's about 38 minutes, and most days there's something to help me cut the time down more. One of those cheesy songs, which are so heavily pitch-corrected that the voice doesn't sound fully human, is an automatic skip.  

Another thought: Lucy, Olivia, and Lois are a lot of "mature but MANIC" energy. All three of them on the canvas at once is a bit much to tolerate. I guess I should count my blessings that Stafford isn't playing Nina anymore.

• Like 8
59 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Another thought: Lucy, Olivia, and Lois are a lot of "mature but MANIC" energy. All three of them on the canvas at once is a bit much to tolerate. I guess I should count my blessings that Stafford isn't playing Nina anymore.

Not to mention the Cerullo relatives. Thank goodness we will be seeing the backs of them soon. Even though it's a wedding and enthusiasm is natural, everyone is dialed up to 14. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Not to mention the Cerullo relatives. Thank goodness we will be seeing the backs of them soon. 

I'm skeptical of this since the bride's grandparents practically demanded that Sonny show up for their Independence Day party.

Sonny trying to demand that Lois stop the Dex-cousin Gio conversation is so 🙄.

Maxie's brief speech and the ILYs were beautifully acted by KSt and AS. 

Other sweetest moments: BLQ dancing with her dad and then Gregory, the friendly Lois-Ned hand-hold/mutual appreciation, a little actual warmth from Jason when BLQ hugged him, and the bride and groom mouthing "ILY" to each other while dancing with others.

I guess Lois is in total denial about who Sonny is. Also deeply disappointing: the Sasha-Cody scenes esp. the reverse Cinderella stuff with Sasha. 

I'm confused - if Dante's cousins are so eager to spend time with him, why isn't Rocco at this wedding, too? It's like nobody has any idea that Dante has a son!

So Kristina collapses (preview) at the horror of seeing Sonny threatening to kill Dex as he's beaten him bloody. Of course. And Sonny's mad that his daughter witnessed his thug behavior. 

The dropping of the cake plate was not as much drama as I was expecting.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

So I'm behind and have just started Wednesday's episode with everyone arriving for the wedding, but what the frigging hell is the dress code for this thing? Fugly? Everyone looks like they're wearing markdown picnic tablecloths from the dollar store. And is there some kind of cleavage contest among the ladies to try and out-boob one another? FFS, when Olivia is the most tastefully dressed there's a big, big problem.

Oh, and Sam can apparently teleport now? Because in one scene she's inside with Dante talking to Blaze and Kristina, and it literally cut away to Sam standing outside next to Michael as Sonny and Natalia arrived. I can't believe that made it to air without someone in the editing room catching it.

That all being said, Tracy's scenes with Ned and BL were classic soap and absolutely lovely. More of that, please.

I haven't gotten to Violet's song yet, but watching her sing = time Carly isn't onscreen so I'm all for it.

8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I guess I should count my blessings that Stafford isn't playing Nina anymore.

Just in general, yes. It's one positive thing GH does have going for it these days.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

If Blaze is BL's most important client and she's at the wedding, it seems very natural to me that Blaze might sing if she wants to. Natalia needs to chill out.

I hope Sasha was paid handsomely for catering the afterparty.

18 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sonny trying to demand that Lois stop the Dex-cousin Gio conversation is so 🙄.

That was hilarious. I thought it was a nice nod to Sonny's increasing paranoia, as well as his supreme self-involvement.

Sasha speaks the truth: Not every woman dreams of a wedding, let alone a big one. 

RS overdid the hand-on-heart gesture.

Good for the show for having Violet catch the bouquet. That scene in an episode of Sex and the City where the four women just watch the bouquet drop at their feet is one of my all-time favorites. If I couldn't avoid the tradition all together, that's exactly what I did.

Shut up, Michael. Joss can dance with whomever she wants. Someone needs to start calling him out on his controlling behavior, even if he sees it as a "joke."

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Today was a ff day, too many  contrived conversations setting up for Sonny beating up Dex . I really can't stand MB's acting.

When Lois asked Chase to dance with her mom, why didn't Lois dance with her Dad? Maybe because of his gamey leg 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, Blackie said:

When Lois asked Chase to dance with her mom, why didn't Lois dance with her Dad? Maybe because of his gamey leg 🤷‍♀️

I assumed Lois asked because the Show wanted to highlight Ellen Travolta, a well known sitcom actress from my parents' generation, as well as the elder sister of high-profile movie actor John Travolta. 

• Like 1

Did I miss an explanation as to why Chase's mother wasn't at the wedding? Did she die and I missed that somehow? (That is quite possible, actually.)

There was a moment at the end of Thursday's episode when Finn had some champagne and paused and looked at the glass, and it seemed to be leading to something - but there was no follow up. Did anyone else catch this?

• Like 4
(edited)

There was no explanation of why Jackie wasn't at the wedding. I don't think her name was uttered throughout the entire planning, either.

Finn looked stricken for the entire ep today, until he told Elizabeth "thank you" for being such a good person. (He smiled at her.) She asked him earlier if something was wrong, and of course he said nothing. We were also supposed to be faked out when Violet said she had a question for him and he had to be honest when he answered. I highly doubt Violet thinks about her father's sobriety even when she isn't soliciting opinions about her song.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 5

Anna was practically flirting with Jason. Go on girl, you might as well destroy whatever crumbs remain of your integrity. 

I can't with Sasha and Cody. They are so boring. Next, Cody will weave a bracelet for her out of hay. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

So Cinderasha couldn’t attend the ball because she had to stay home and cook for the after party. Tell me again how this is the life she always dreamed of having because I’m not seeing it. 

the reception was nice, although I had to laugh at Sam telling Spinelli they have to find whatever the FBI has on Jason because he’d do the same for them. I can’t wait until they discover that he’s protecting CARLY. I hope Sam’s head explodes and she drop kicks him into the harbor again. Bonus points if she shoots him in the head first.

and the ‘he’s losing a lot of blood’ scene was a total fake out and was actually Brennan stabbing himself and being taken to GH. Doesn’t Pentonville have an infirmary where they can stitch him up?

Am I a terrible person for laughing when Kristina was confronted with who and what Sonny is? I mean, I felt bad for her seeing that but it was still funny. And didn’t Jason promise to protect Dex? How is he supposed to show up at the Academy with a busted face? With protection like that, he’d be better off fending for himself. Although telling Sonny he isn’t the enemy was kind of like waving a red cape in front of a charging bull. He should have just kept walking or gone back to the party. 

• Like 2

I hope Brennan stabbing himself means that we’ll see him more often on screen. Doesn’t seem like he ran it by his boss Valentin before doing it though…

Maxie looked great in her dress but Brooklyn’s skirt was too meringue for me. I did enjoy Maxie’s toast though and her interactions with Spinelli and Natalia.

I’ve recently been called a GH hater so I’m trying to discuss positives before I have to stop watching again.

I don’t think Dex will press charges against Sonny and the attack will be the start of the “you haven’t been drugged enough” fix.

Perhaps the storyline could’ve originally been a long fall from grace and then redemption, but I don’t see it happening now.

• Like 5

Well cousin Gio is on contract, so I guess they’re setting up a triangle with Joss. It would be nice if he was interested in Trina, but I’m fairly certain he’s here for Joss.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I’ve recently been called a GH hater so I’m trying to discuss positives before I have to stop watching again.

Don't do that on our account. The show deserves to be kicked in the teeth several times a day, although it was better than what we've been getting for years.

I didn't mind the Cerullo clan at the reception. I thought it made it the whole thing feel more real.

I don't care for love scenes, but Chase and Brooklyn have got to be the most sexless couple on the show. A wedding night and not a zip of skin in sight.

BLQ's wedding dress made her look like a marshmallow.

Sam wanting to investigate the FBI is just dumb, but if she finds out that Jason went undercover and stayed away because of Carly, then it will be worth it.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, tessabq said:

TJ: "What was Kristina thinking, going to a WEDDING?"

I'm kind of surprised she hasn't had any issues requiring a frantic trip to GH. 

30 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Well, at least she doesn't look like the bedding department of JC Penney.  (And note the difference when you don't slouch.)

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 7:06 PM, mariah23 said:

t’s worse:  Korte is sole head writer.  Probably all Carly all the time.

On 5/16/2024 at 7:17 PM, Sake614 said:

I just read that Chris i

I don't really don't know anything about the writers. All I know is that I took an extended break and I came back for a peek and it seemed like a new improved show so I have been back watching regular again. At the end of this month I am moving and may not hook up cable for awhile so I will be definitely out of the loop. Sounds like it will be a good time for another extended break.

Nobody else got the vibes that Sonny is Gio's father?

Edited by Blackie
peek is different meaning than peak
  • Like 2

I was thinking about how finola Hughes and vernee Watson worked with John travatola.

What did Sasha cook ziti?

15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The top was nice, but the skirt was too floofy and it cut to high on her waist and wasn't flattering.

Anna flirting with Jason gave me The Ick.

Why were Maxie and Spinelli strong-arming Dante and Jordan to go to the afterparty?  Or were they trying to say 'just say you're going and then don't?'  Because I approve of the latter but hard side-eye on the former.  No is, in fact, a complete sentence.

Anna is all gushing over Jason but is treating Sonny like dirt. Sonny who gave her place to live, who she lived with and broke her out of jail to a safe house?  If she's going to treat Sonny like he deserves, Jason deserves it too. 

Sasha says why would the wine bother them now? Because she's an employee not Michael's girlfriend. Same reason of excuse on why she didn't go to her friends wedding she's the hired help now.  

Is Gio old enough to be Dex's son? Or he knew his dad.  Lois's mother is wanting to  marry him into the family. Lol 

People disappeared today from the wedding like Portia, Curti. Joss appeared at the end only. 

Sonny and his my people stay away from my family was meaning to sound like a Godfather movie? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Based on the promos, does anyone else think Sonny is going to cause Kristina to miscarry, proving TJ right all along? Yikes.

Even sadder, the way Mo has been playing it lately, Kristina and Dante are his two favorite offspring. Today probably ruined that for him.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Based on the promos, does anyone else think Sonny is going to cause Kristina to miscarry, proving TJ right all along? Yikes.

If not him, maybe Joss has to be a reason she stayed back and not go with Michael.  She's going to flip out. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Nobody else got the vibes that Sonny is Gio's father?

The whole service in Afghanistan made me wonder if Drew isn't the father. 

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Anna flirting with Jason gave me The Ick.

Especially when you remember that he and her daughter were an item. Anna should remember that Jason is a hitman.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Anna is all gushing over Jason

Sonny and his my people stay away from my family was meaning to sound like a Godfather movie? 

Yes, the borderline flirty behavior is weird esp. considering she is well aware that he was her daughter's great love after the first love died. I'm wondering if that messes with her judgement, "well, Robin was in love with him so though he's committed crimes he's actually a good man." Perhaps what she knows of Robin and Jason's relationship, and her perspective on Jason now, reminds her of how she felt about Duke?

Absolutely. My reaction was, is this MB's impersonation/interpretation of what the Godfather movie(s) and also the Sopranos show looked like to him?

• Like 4
6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Especially when you remember that he and her daughter were an item. Anna should remember that Jason is a hitman.

I think that the Robin/Jason relationship could be the thing that drives any potential attraction between Anna/Jason.  I can understand the mechanics behind a mother falling for her daughter's lover and/or the lover falling for his girlfriend's mom.

Also Jason's no longer a hitman, and currently working with law enforcement.  I can see Anna appreciating/admiring that.

6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, the borderline flirty behavior is weird esp. considering she is well aware that he was her daughter's great love after the first love died.

Yeah but that was nearly thirty years ago.  Time has passed and everyone has moved on.  I don't think they would necessarily let any of that stop them at this point.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

Is Gio old enough to be Dex's son? Or he knew his dad.  Lois's mother is wanting to  marry him into the family. Lol 

^^^ replying to above comment because for some reason not able to comment on same post

@Artsda Do you mean is Dex old enough to be Gio's father?  I thought the same thing for a second. How old is Dex supposed to be??

7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The whole service in Afghanistan made me wonder if Drew isn't the fathe

This probably makes more sense, esp since they didn't have any scenes together

13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sam wanting to investigate the FBI is just dumb, but if she finds out that Jason went undercover and stayed away because of Carly, then it will be worth it.

Sam is a terrible PI, and this just reinforces that. 

9 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The whole service in Afghanistan made me wonder if Drew isn't the father. 

Like Drew needs another kid to neglect. So of course that's what will happen! And, Scout is girl child anyway.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Do you mean too old? I think the scene of Dex with Lois and her mother and then the scene between Dex and Gio is to set up some story involving Dex and Gio. BM's Drew and Sonny have both had 'never knew I had a son' storylines where the son was a teenager or adult, so I hope the Show doesn't do that again with either of them. I'm going to hope/assume Dex either turns out to be related to him somehow or knew his dad but doesn't realize it yet. Gio mentioned Sonny paying for a couple years of college, so I think Dex is too young to be his father. 

I assume: Gio finds out that Sonny beat up and threatened police recruit/American veteran Dex and is disgusted that Sonny is not such a good man after all. He bonds with Joss over his Sonny disgust and music. Joss conveniently doesn't mention she cheated on her talented musician boyfriend with Dex. Cue Gio/Joss/Dex triangle that nobody cares to see. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Like Drew needs another kid to neglect. So of course that's what will happen! And, Scout is girl child anyway.

If they go this route, at least this child would be an adult who is charting his own path and wouldn't need him.

• Like 3