Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

UGH to the previews for today.

Actually the episode is worthwhile. I had to LOL that Lois recognizes nuJagger/John and goes right over to talk to him despite BLQ protesting that he's a "dirtbag." BLQ asserting herself as "Ms. Quartermaine" is dumb because I'm pretty sure he knows who her dad/Lois's ex-husband is.  Jagger/John was positively glowing about catching up with Lois, and vice versa. 

I liked the quality of the Finn/Chase and Laura/Kevin conversations. 

The negative: Anna, Carly is not a "strong woman" and Jason doesn't deserve to be seen as a noble/sacrificial man.  Jason not appearing to realize Carly will do something stupid regardless of what she knows or doesn't, like flirting with first John/Jagger and now Brennan and talking about being "friends" with the FBI agent. Jason rationalizing his decision to "play dead" because his sons have great moms and good homes whereas Donna's a little girl who needs her mommy.

Also, Sam being all teary-eyed and disappointed that Dante has decided to stay true to himself and not resign.  Spare me the "learn to live with the fear" bullshit - you're the same woman who had a long-term relationship and child with Sonny's hitman, and only wanted out because you got scared that Danny narrowly missed being blown up by a bomb meant for his Dad.   Dante, Sam isn't sacrificing a damn thing by deciding she wants to  stay together !

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3

I don't know why Willow would want to get involved with another organization after Dawn of Day(?). 

Is she really going to spend more time with her children?

• Like 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also, Sam being all teary-eyed and disappointed that Dante has decided to stay true to himself and not resign. 

I get Sam was disappointed, but what did she expect? Dante is a cop through and through. It's been that way since the beginning. She needs to stop with the emotional blackmail. 

That was a weird conversation. I feel like Sam decided to stay with Dante because the hassle of breaking up is too much trouble. 

I hope we've heard the last of Finn bemoaning the time he lost with Gregory because he (Finn) was a jerk. There are too many of these repetitive conversations going on at the same time.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope we've heard the last of Finn bemoaning the time he lost with Gregory because he (Finn) was a jerk. There are too many of these repetitive conversations going on at the same time.

But then the writers might have to acknowledge that Finn is in a relationship with Elizabeth and actually write for them. Le gasp!

Edited by driver18
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I get Sam was disappointed, but what did she expect? Dante is a cop through and through. It's been that way since the beginning. She needs to stop with the emotional blackmail. 

That was a weird conversation. I feel like Sam decided to stay with Dante because the hassle of breaking up is too much trouble. 

Absolutely. I remember now what she said to Dante's comatose body in the hospital, which I think is supposed to be why she's reacting this way now. She was telling him how she realized how much she depends on him as a partner, loves him/their life, etc.  Around that same time, she had the conversation with Danny where he asked if Dante knows how much he appreciates him. 

Dante has had "I almost died" plots before. For example, some audience members will remember that Sonny shot him and he got accidentally got a needle when Alexis grabbed one in the hospital and aimed for someone else.  Sam was aware of those, but Sam and Dante were not in a serious relationship at that time. Once they got together and started living with their three kids, there have been references to Dante going to sporting events etc. with both Danny and Rocco. When nuDrew appeared, Scout was uncertain about him and stuck to Dante's side. So clearly Sam has trusted him as a live-in father figure to her two kids. Both kids know they matter to Dante. And Sam feels comfortable in a maternal role to Rocco, knowing quite well that Lulu isn't going to be questioning her about loyalty to Dante or how responsible she is as a parent. She never had that kind of trust/comfort/happiness with Jason. He always had somewhere 'more important' to be, neglected Danny, and was chronically in shoot-outs or explosions, getting critically wounded, arrested, etc.  So, Sam was in her first happy "normal' relationship post-Jason, and then the reality of the dangers of Dante's job completely disrupted her and her kids' stable lives. And what would she do about Rocco about if Dante either didn't wake up or died?

Now ... it's just a bad look for both the writing team and the character that Sam was written for so long as accepting Jason's highly dangerous lifestyle and wanting to be with him regardless of the consequences, until she feared their son was in the bar explosion. In this case with Dante, neither of her kids were in danger. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, driver18 said:

But then the writers might have to acknowledge that Finn is in a relationship with Elizabeth and actually write for them. Le gasp!

Im pretty sure they broke up offscreen.  We haven't seen them together in weeks.  At the bachelor party, Chase toasts/wishes that Finn will have someone in his life and finn says he has Violet.  Liz calls Willow to pick  up aiden when she was sick.  And today Finn was looking up AA meetings rather than turn to Liz for support.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

So Jason tells Anna he was supposed to the mobster head instead of Carly and Anna still is, Jason great, Sonny bad?

Hearing Jason say how he chose Donna over his sons just appalling.  The writers can try to spin it as noble as they want but choosing Donna over Jake and Danny makes him worst.  Sonny so right about him. Jake too. 

Admirable Anna?  

Carly never chose the mob? What type of revisit of history is this? 

Dante would be sucked into the mob without the pd? Huh?  Michael, Kristina and Morgan never were sucked in even if they wanted to be. 

If Valentine smart as they show then those flowers should have a bug. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 8
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Dante has had "I almost died" plots before. For example, some audience members will remember that Sonny shot him and he got accidentally got a needle when Alexis grabbed one in the hospital and aimed for someone else.

I think Alexis was aiming for...Kim? My mind's all fuzzy about that. What I do remember is she was drunk when she stabbed Dante.

As I stated up thread, I can't help but roll my eyes again, listening to a teary Sam go on about how she lives in FEAR every time Dante goes to work. No such fear when she was with Jason. It all just rings so...hollow.

As for what the Feds have on Cujo? Oh give me a fucking break. First, I know I vented how ridonkulous it was that the other Families would go after her and/or her kids when they thought Mooby was dead; go after his business? Absolutely. Target his widow and children? Every Mob movie and book I've ever read, plus the documentaries I've seen, it's always the bosses and capos that are targets.

And Jason can MISS me about how he and Mooby "dragged" Cujo in. Please. I remember, back in the day, when she thought she could bring Jason back to her bed, there was some function, and she swanned as a Mob Moll, and issued the order to shoot. Unfortunately, Brenda got shot instead. I remember Jason ripping her a new one for it. But she was NO INNOCENT. She wanted the power. And  she reveled in it.

And Anna can take several seats.

But damn. Brennan is so HAWT

• Like 11
17 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Hearing Jason say how he chose Donna over his sons just appalling.  The writers can try to spin it as noble as they want but choosing Donna over Jake and Danny makes him worst

If Drew finds out he'll be pissed his twin beat him to the "sacrifice time with your own kids so Carly can stay with hers" sweepstakes.

Liked the chem test between John and Lois (even if I'm not remembering they were in Port Charles at the same time).  Better her than Carly.  Who is on her way to needing saving again.  For such a ~!strong woman, that happens a lot.

Shut up, Anna.  You might as well be in the mob for the way you're sucking up to Jason.

• Like 9

Jason's story doesn't make sense

The FBI has a recording of Carly? Are they going to put her in jail ?

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Im pretty sure they broke up offscreen.  We haven't seen them together in weeks.  At the bachelor party, Chase toasts/wishes that Finn will have someone in his life and finn says he has Violet.  Liz calls Willow to pick  up aiden when she was sick.  And today Finn was looking up AA meetings rather than turn to Liz for support.  

Except a few days before that toast in GH time, Elizabeth was at Finn's place talking to Gregory. Finn came home later, and they kissed and exchanged loving words. 

• Like 2

Why is Laura giving Heather a picture of Ace? Why encourage Heather to obsess about Ace. Is she actually going to allow any kind of relationship between Ace, who is now her son, and a serial killer? Is she going to let Cyrus babysit?

Anna is dead to me. All her bullshit regret about giving Sonny a pass, and now she's undermining an FBI investigation by keeping secrets for Jason and giving him intel she is not sharing with law enforcement. Calling him admirable and referring to the FBI leveraging him as reprehensible behavior. Good God, woman!

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
23 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No such fear when she was with Jason. It all just rings so...hollow.

As for what the Feds have on Cujo? Oh give me a fucking break. First, I know I vented how ridonkulous it was that the other Families would go after her and/or her kids when they thought Mooby was dead; go after his business? Absolutely. Target his widow and children? Every Mob movie and book I've ever read, plus the documentaries I've seen, it's always the bosses and capos that are targets.

And Jason can MISS me about how he and Mooby "dragged" Cujo in. Please. I remember, back in the day, when she thought she could bring Jason back to her bed, there was some function, and she swanned as a Mob Moll, and issued the order to shoot.

It does ring hollow.  The main difference now is that she is parenting three children. I believe the night of Jason's dock and roll/disappearance courtesy of Faison was literally her first night as a parent to baby Danny. When he came back, she had baby Scout with BM's Drew, plus they were raising Danny. In time she broke up with BM's Drew and got back with Jason, until Danny complained Dad was never around and Sam finally saw the light about Danny's safety. Add Rocco to the picture, whom she seems to love as family but has no actual parental rights to if Dante would have died, because they're not married. What would she have to do? Probably say "sorry kiddo, you now get to go live permanently with Grandma Olivia." 

I think what Carly said in the recording that the Feds have is a separate issue from Carly's desire for power and supposed belief that she had to protect her family. And yes it's sexist, but Jason believes a little girl needs her mother more than older boys who have reliable moms need their father. I assume that for him, he partly felt that way because Donna lives with Carly whereas Jake has never lived with him, and he was no longer living with Sam, Danny and Scout at the time of the tunnel collapse in Greece.

• Useful 2

I wonder if Carly posted, "I'm hanging out with FBI Agent, John Cates" on her Facebook page?

Maybe next she can get a job at KFC or Coca Cola and share their recipes.

• LOL 14

What they did with Finn and Liz is really awful.  Not that what we know what they did yet!  Did they break up offscreen??  If they didn't, why were people toasting to Finn like he is some sadsack old maid aunt?  I know they weren't popular, but first of all, they do have some fans, and that is just no way to treat fans.  Secondly, even non fans of the couple are like WTF??  It goes to how sloppy the writing is, and we all notice that, fan of Fiz or not. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

Re:  Carly and Jack Brennan--That was some stealthy questioning wasn't it?  Forget Dex, Carly should join the PCPD and solve all their crimes.  The FBI wasn't even on Brennan/Val's radar, but thanks to Carly Holmes, they now know.  

Anna's sharing intel with Jason regarding Pikeman--so she doesn't think John Cates can be trusted because he thinks she might be involved?  This all feels ridiculously convoluted because we all know ultimately, Jason's going to be the hero and Carly will walk away without any consequences.

• Like 7
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Anna's sharing intel with Jason regarding Pikeman--so she doesn't think John Cates can be trusted because he thinks she might be involved?  This all feels ridiculously convoluted because we all know ultimately, Jason's going to be the hero and Carly will walk away without any consequences.

Leaving Jagger dead, probably. The only thing Carly didn't do was tell Brennan where the FBI agent lives, but since everyone goes to the MC . . .

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Liked the chem test between John and Lois (even if I'm not remembering they were in Port Charles at the same time). 

They were. Stone told Jagger about his diagnosis; by the time he knew he was positive he and Robin thought he was in the clear and had unprotected sex and so she was infected. Brenda and Lois were close friends/business partners at the time, so Sonny went to their business (he and Brenda were broken up) to tell Brenda personally that Robin was HIV+. Brenda broke down sobbing, terrified that Robin would die in the future as Stone was dying of AIDS. 

Lois was a guest at Jagger and Karen's wedding. The couple left Port Charles after that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think Alexis was aiming for...Kim? My mind's all fuzzy about that. What I do remember is she was drunk when she stabbed Dante

She was aiming for Franco. That was when he got his brain tumor back, and they were afraid he might start killing again. Dante got in the way. I think that was still when he was being brainwashed or whatever by Obrecht to protect Franco. 

(edited)

NLG's line deliveries in the Alexis and Laura scenes about Heather were so entertaining to watch. Jordan addressing Laura about Heather was probably the smartest writing this character has had since the current actress was cast. 

There aren't enough eye rolls in the world for Sam assuming that Danny cut school to go see Jason, that she believes he seeks out danger and will want to be tattooed just like Jason. That is quite a leap in logic after he snuck out once and got caught drunk by the police. Sam, girl, go get some therapy for your leftover anger and hurt toward Jason. Projecting that onto the kid is not good for your parent-child relationship. I laughed at the 'oh shit' eye closure when the school called back and said sorry, he's here and Jason was repressing laughter. But Jason flat out lied to her that he would never choose to stay away from his family. 

Finn walked right into that, with Gregory. ME and NLG have better chemistry than he's ever had with Becky Herbst. I could absolutely see the Alexis-Finn friendship blossoming into a great love story, esp. since she and Gregory are firmly in the friend zone. That was a great smile from Finn when Alexis gave the thumbs up that Gregory was happy to have her come over for the night (while the bros are out of town for the rehearsal dinner). 

Is Blaze's fanbase all ultra conservatives? The mother seems to want to be proven correct that the brand will be ruined unless Blaze is perceived as a straight woman. 

Is Ava really that delusional that she thinks Brooklyn's Bensonhurst family and friends should be okay with her attending the wedding because her murdering Connie was "a long time ago"?! She looked offended that Sonny brought it up. 

Ugh at Sonny's skeevy smile when Blaze's mom walked by, and at her big grinning face when she sat down for more flirting. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
38 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

want to be tattooed just like his mom

You meant his dad?!!!  Unless Danny wants a tramp stamp or that super sexy DOD cult thing!!

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

You meant his dad?!!!  Unless Danny wants a tramp stamp or that super sexy DOD cult thing!!

Thanks, Perkie - I corrected. That will teach me to pay closer attention when I go back to re-write/edit something! 😅

• LOL 1
44 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But Jason flat out lied to her that he would never choose to stay away from his family. 

Jason seems to think that avoiding his family when they're all in the same town isn't the same as being incommunicado in Greece for two years.

46 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Is Blaze's fanbase all ultra conservatives? The mother seems to want to be proven correct that the brand will be ruined unless Blaze is perceived as a straight woman.

I don't think so, but since Natalia isn't comfortable with Blaze being gay, she's saying the fanbase isn't either.

47 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Is Ava really that delusional that she thinks Brooklyn's Bensonhurst family and friends should be okay with her attending the wedding because her murdering Connie was "a long time ago"?! She looked offended that Sonny brought it up.

Though given how Sonny is always exasperated when people aren't all "bygones!" when it comes to his behavior, I had to laugh at this whole exchange. Even if Sonny is right here.

• Like 7
(edited)
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Though given how Sonny is always exasperated when people aren't all "bygones!" when it comes to his behavior, I had to laugh at this whole exchange. Even if Sonny is right here.

It's not the same situation to me because Ava returned to overhear the end of Olivia making the point to Sonny about why she better not be his +1 at the wedding. Both BLQ's family and Olivia's knew, loved and/or were related to Connie. BLQ's now stepbrother and his wife Lulu even decided to name "our daughter" (who turned out to be baby Georgie) after Connie. Yes, Sonny shot and killed unarmed A.J. Quartermaine, with Ava as his encourager/accomplice, but BLQ and Chase never knew A.J. I think the only people who are invited to this wedding who have any positive memories of A.J. are Monica (but LC will obviously not be on set) and Michael? It's not a secret what Tracy, Ned and Jason thought of A.J. 

Ava doesn't have any kind of relationship with BLQ or Chase or their families, unless you count that she's the mother of Michael's little sister. She has no reason to want to be there other than to attempt to be perceived in public as Sonny's girlfriend/partner. That is selfish/gross on a day that is supposed to be all about the bride and groom.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
25 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, Sonny shot and killed unarmed A.J. Quartermaine, with Ava as his encourager/accomplice, but BLQ and Chase never knew A.J. I think the only people who are invited to this wedding who have any positive memories of A.J. are Monica (but LC will obviously not be on set) and Michael? It's not a secret what Tracy, Ned and Jason thought of A.J. 

Plus, AJ was FAT. And a LOSER.

*Still Bitter I am.

• Like 12
  • Hugs 1
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It's not the same situation to me because Ava returned to overhear the end of Olivia making the point to Sonny about why she better not be his +1 at the wedding. Both BLQ's family and Olivia's knew, loved and/or were related to Connie.

Then how the hell is Sonny (or Olivia, come to that) welcome there?  They loved Connie so much they jumped into bed almost over the woman's corpse?

• Like 4
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Then how the hell is Sonny (or Olivia, come to that) welcome there?  They loved Connie so much they jumped into bed almost over the woman's corpse?

Sonny and Olivia didn't kill Connie. Olivia is currently the wife of the bride's dad, and Sonny has been "Uncle Sonny" to the bride since she was a kid due to her mother's long-term friendship with Sonny that predates him being in the Mob. Sonny and Olivia's relationship took place in Port Charles and didn't last obviously, since they both married other people. Who knows if BLQ's and Olivia's Bensonhurst family members were even aware that Sonny and Olivia got involved soon after Connie's death. 

ETA: As Connie was bleeding to death, she used her own blood to write "AJ" so the police would know Ava Jerome had shot her. That is a horrific detail that would be burned into the memories of Connie's loved ones, long after she died.

• Applause 3
8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Re:  Carly and Jack Brennan--That was some stealthy questioning wasn't it?  Forget Dex, Carly should join the PCPD and solve all their crimes.  The FBI wasn't even on Brennan/Val's radar, but thanks to Carly Holmes, they now know.

Yup, classic Carly:

tumblr_pg26ym21Y21qfn2zzo1_250.gifv

tumblr_mezxzpwEfa1qagu6wo1_r1_500.gif

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

They're taking a plane to coney island? So what if blaze is a lesbian? Alot of people in the music business are lgbtq

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ljr said:

They're taking a plane to coney island? So what if blaze is a lesbian? Alot of people in the music business are lgbtq

Her mother is clearly projecting her biases onto the fans. She's a bigot. Hope her perfect son is gay too.

• Like 7

I enjoyed Mo getting his best Don Corleone on when he unceremoniously banned Ava from the wedding and whisper-threatened her to basically get out of his house any day now. Sonny is more mobby off his meds. 

Jordan makes a more believable mayor than Laura.

Jason: "I didn't choose to stay away from my family. I would never do that." He's giving Chicken Little a run for his money. How his pants didn't burst into flames, I have no idea. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

I enjoyed Mo getting his best Don Corleone on when he unceremoniously banned Ava from the wedding and whisper-threatened her to basically get out of his house any day now. Sonny is more mobby off his meds. 

Jordan makes a more believable mayor than Laura.

Jason: "I didn't choose to stay away from my family. I would never do that." He's giving Chicken Little a run for his money. How his pants didn't burst into flames, I have no idea. 

Jordan certainly gave Laura some good advice, including that Laura should get a 3rd party to hire a lawyer to dig into Heather’s case. I too hadn’t considered the political optics 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

They were. Stone told Jagger about his diagnosis; by the time he knew he was positive he and Robin thought he was in the clear and had unprotected sex and so she was infected. Brenda and Lois were close friends/business partners at the time, so Sonny went to their business (he and Brenda were broken up) to tell Brenda personally that Robin was HIV+. Brenda broke down sobbing, terrified that Robin would die in the future as Stone was dying of AIDS. 

Lois was a guest at Jagger and Karen's wedding. The couple left Port Charles after that. 

Right, I remember now. But the Stone storyline was later and jagger and karen had left PC and were only back for a visit when Stone told him he had AIDS.  I was forgetting that Lois actually came to town a couple years prior to that and before J/K originally left.

1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

OMG, he's such an ass.  That's EXACTLY what he did.  And, tbh, I don't blame Sam for immediately thinking Danny had run to see Jason.  Not like it hasn't already been an issue.  But I did LOL at the dumb tattoo comments.

• Like 6

Who is Jason to question Sam's parenting on teaching Danny to lie to her?  He asked her to lie to her. 

Then he asked why he's seeing a counselor?  Maybe because he has a deadbeat father. Then he's going to say he didn't choose to stay away his family, that's exactly what he chose.  

• Like 10
19 hours ago, TVbitch said:

please tell me he was clapped back with "Okay so then what did you do?"

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

WTF were those glasses Anna was wearing? They were beyond hideous.

Ava wasn't exactly stealthy when she scratched out the refill quantity on Sonny's pills. At least do more than the number. Good grief. And how lucky she found the pharmacist who plot-pointedly ignored HIPAA.

I had to laugh when Dante said he didn't remember anything after he was shot, and Sam said, "I hope you remembered me!" Not the point!

Your "best friend" sure is a keeper, Jason.

Oh, boohoo, Sam thinks she was mean to Jason when she thought he was the shooter. As if Jason cares.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Completely circular conversations between Anna and Dex about Dante, and between Ava and the pharmacist about Sonny's meds.  

The missings are painfully obvious and inexplicable unless the actors aren't available----Robert, Ned, Elizabeth.  I hope we at least see Ned at his daughter's wedding and Elizabeth there for Finn. 

Very glad to see that John York is well enough to come back.  I don't really care about the Cody story, but JJY's recovery is something to celebrate! 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2

Elizabeth has only been on 1 day so far this month and was only on 3 days last month. I'm starting to think that maybe the story with Blaze's mom being a bigot was supposed to be Elizabeth and Aiden, but RH refused to do it. (Thank God. I'm tired of the character assassination on this show.) And now they are punishing her. Again.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Random thoughts:

Oh great, now Sam has decided she, like Carly, is meant to be involved in this whole Jason/Pikeman/FBI nonsense.  Because...because! 

Ava was about as subtle as a jackhammer with those questions to the pharmacist. 

Jason's reasons for not questioning Carly had me rolling my eyes.  It's like everyone is, on some level, afraid of that Karen because confronting her is like asking to be screamed at. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

please tell me he was clapped back with "Okay so then what did you do?"

Sam believed him. Now she even wants to help him and is sorry she doubted him! 🤮 Hope she gets pissed again when she finds out Jason's idea of his absence "not being voluntary" was just him once again devoting himself to serving his one true god, Carly.

If I was that pharmacist, I would be quietly pressing 911 on my cell phone under my desk because I would be afraid Ava was about to kill me. Why on Earth was she giving him that Snidely Whiplash sinister act?!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I’m sorry but Anna questioning Dante’s impartiality to DEX was just beyond my limits. And once again she gets all weepy over it. Has Dante ever, and I mean EVER, since joining the PCPD, sided with his father over the law? Sure he’s gotten closer to Sonny. That’s natural. No one ever claimed Sonny wasn’t charming or that he doesn’t love his family. John Gotti loved his family too, and they loved him. Didn’t make him any less of a mob boss. He just kept his family away from the mob. At least until he died and they decided to capitalize on his name. But that wasn’t on him. Dante is a good cop. Stop with this BS already!

So now Jason knew that Carly was listening in on his conversation with Cates and purposely didn’t mention that Brennan was connected to Pikeman? Maybe he should have just walked out of the office,found Carly, shoved her ass out the door and locked it when she was outside? How will she feel when she gets her bff killed for real? And previews have Anna reading her the riot act while she Stands there all weepy. ‘But I wanna HELP! I was just trying to HELP! Let me HELP! I can get info from Brennan. He likes me. Let me HELP!’

I thought Ava’s head was going to explode when Sonny said he was bringing Natalia to the wedding lol! And no one is going to convince me that Natalia didn’t know exactly what she was doing. She was angling for an invite to the wedding. The fact that she not only thought Blaze would take her, but EXPECTED it, shows just how manipulative she is. She didn’t even ask her daughter. She just wanted to know what Blaze was wearing so she wouldn’t clash. 🙄

just when I thought the women on this show couldn’t get any dumber, Patrick and Korte prove me wrong.

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
(edited)

I can't figure out what Sonnys meds are. I understand lithium but what is that other one? Google says its a psychedelic

What are all those papers on Jason's desk for? Coffee orders?

Edited by ljr
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, ljr said:

What are all those papers on Jason's desk for? Coffee orders?

Dossiers on his kids so he can remember their names and what they look like?

Though I’d lay odds he still thinks their names are Jack and Donny.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 17

Anyone in Port Charles who has read a newspaper or has seen the Nurses' Ball knows who Sonny Corinthos is, and who "Mrs. Corinthos" isn't.   Ava is fairly high profile with her gallery and singing at the Nurses' Ball.  So it seems dumb to me that pharmacist wouldn't know that Ava is lying.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

Joss is going to be a lifeguard in a 4 ft deep pool.  She should probably be able to handle that.  I wonder where they'll put her lifeguard stand so we can all see her doing her job.  There's not much room on that pool set.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
11 hours ago, lilabennet said:

Elizabeth has only been on 1 day so far this month and was only on 3 days last month. I'm starting to think that maybe the story with Blaze's mom being a bigot was supposed to be Elizabeth and Aiden, but RH refused to do it. (Thank God. I'm tired of the character assassination on this show.) And now they are punishing her. Again.

That wouldn't jive with how Aiden's sexuality has played out over the last few years, right up to Christmas when she clearly accepted him being attracted to another boy.  But I suppose anything's possible since they had a writer change since then? I don't understand why they recast Aiden last week for a single episode where he was not required, but dropped his own story (possible bullying?) that was launched in the previous episode. And it's not been revisited all week. You'd think Liz calling his counselor, despite his protests, would've had repercussions by now.

That said, I think it lacks impact to give a non-entity like Blaze and her mother the parental homophobia story. You know who would've worked really well for that story? Jason and Danny. Heck, you could even make it the reason he's been acting out. Hasn't it coincided with Aiden coming out/dating that kid he mentioned at Christmas? Danny could be frustrated and jealous over that, especially if he feels he is stuck in the closet because he must live up to the image of being a mob enforcer's son. It'd be really good to pit Jason against the more supportive parents, Sam and Dante (both of whom have a bi sister - the same one, as it happens).

And hey, down the line, Aiden and Danny could be another couple with shared relatives, but not actually related themselves.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

If Anna don't stop her damn crying.  EVERY scene she gets teary eyed.  Why?  No one knows.  But this is an acting choice and it is spelled "EMMY".  And I'm so damn tired of  it. 

• Like 4