Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I think Avery's contract is up sometime this year and I think Esme is on her way out too.  I think this is her exit story.  At least a temporary exit.  It's very hard to guess at what the new writers will do.  But I am expecting casting cuts, and I suspect she's one of them. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

If possible, I think Spinelli is less mature now than he was 10 years ago. Unlike him, while she's had some stumbles, as do we all, Maxie has moved forward in her life. If I were Maxie/her actress, I'd be insulted and dismayed if they pair her with Spinelli again, especially this iteration of Spinelli. He's not a man; he's a child. (Besides, he's really in love with Jason.) It seems like they've given up on Maxie as a character worthy of real storylines, but maybe the new HWs will do better for her.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Spinelli needs to go- except that now that Jason is coming back, I fear that Spinelli is around for a long time.

Has Maxie started doing her own make up?  I notice that her make up is very different from the rest of the actors on the show?  I think Jane Elliot does her own, and she does an excellent job.

• Love 1

I'm assuming her plan is to go to Paris b/c Nikolas could literally be anywhere in the world. There's no concrete place to track him down. He could be in Greece, he could be in Jamaica...who knows?

But she does know where Sprina are going. Spencer is the one who gave her baby to Nikolas. And she has always irrationally hated Trina for catching Spencer's eye. She hates them and wants then to pay.  Plus, she told Kevin's body to save his pity/sympathy/something for Spencer and Trina. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

the perfect time to redeem Esme or well just make her very shades of gray was twice. Someone pointed out that what Esme did with the recording was basically 2020 version of Brenda taking naked pictures of Karen and showing them around school and yet Brenda became very beloved. 

it was right after Laura told her to just stop being a cow. and she went to go apologize (I firmly believe that was legitimate) Trina accepted but Joss was the cow right back to her and flung Spencer's crush in Esme's face. i would have kept the recording but again have her have a flash of conscience when Cam was being nice to her and then have Adam or whoever leak the video. then you have the whole "who did it". vs Esme struggling to confess what she did becuse she was falling for Cam, and everything. kinda scuzzy, relatively redeemable, sets up 'soapiness' throught the years with Joss/Her/Trina, and not completely psycho (and no need for Ace, as cute as he is). 

but they doubled down on her being crappy, and i just feel that's a waste of a talented younger actress

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Fellaway said:

If possible, I think Spinelli is less mature now than he was 10 years ago.

He absolutely is. Breaking up him and Ellie so he can hang around like a fool was ridiculous. Bradford can pay rent with the occasional recurring appearance and still play the married, responsible Spinelli who had clearly evolved past Maxie.

As for Maxie, I think she is just another of many spent characters and she and Kirsten both need a long break from the show.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Diane and Rober'ts argument was ridiculous.  First, none of this was brand new information.  Second, of course a DA should want to put away bad guys.  Third, 3/4 of the town is Sonny's friend, including Anna.  Why single Diane out over that?

By attacking Kevin, Esme just lost her last ally.  I really don't understand the point of that.  Kevin wasn't going to stop her from leaving.

• Like 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, CeChase said:

I think Avery's contract is up sometime this year and I think Esme is on her way out too.  I think this is her exit story.  At least a temporary exit.  It's very hard to guess at what the new writers will do.  But I am expecting casting cuts, and I suspect she's one of them. 

Spencer is gone as well unless they recast. I can see Spencer being recast because of how wildly popular Sprina has been but it's going to be a lot to live up to. They've managed to have pretty good luck with Spencer actors (NB also found work in a Ryan Murphy show coincidentally) so maybe it will continue. 

Edited by methodwriter85
(edited)

Esme heads to Toronto, just in time for the premiere of Law & Order: Toronto which while an NBC show, is broadcast on the same Toronto station as GH.

What did Jordan do to be forced into a relationship with Brick? Ick x 1000.

Sonny tells Kristina about the wonders and challenges of having a child. Huh? Sonny has never been pregnant and as soon as the baby is born, Kristina will habd it to Molly and TJ. So nothing that Sonny can tell her is of any consequence.

Today's episode: Diane defends paterfamilias Sonny who as Robert pointed out, is an actual murdering criminal and Sonny's friends and family rag on how terrible Esme is who has yet to actually kill anyone. Nice hypocrisy, show.

23 minutes ago, Katy M said:

By attacking Kevin, Esme just lost her last ally.  I really don't understand the point of that.  Kevin wasn't going to stop her from leaving.

Esme didn't know that. Laura, Spencer, Cyrus and Heather have all let her down. She doesn't trust anyone in PC  right now.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 6
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Esme heads to Toronto

I think she’s sending the cops on a wild goose chase to buy herself some time. They tracked her credit card and saw the bus ticket to Toronto but we saw her steal Alexis’ corporate card to buy a plane ticket. It’ll probably be another day or 2 before Alexis realizes that and tells the cops. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

The point of Esme doing Esme things is because Esme's nuts. Laura gave her room and board and has advocated for her freedom above and beyond all sanity IMO for over a year, but they're all worthless because in the end everything is Esme's life is transactional, a means to an end. For now, she cares for her son in her own way. Heather loved her boys too. I'm sure Ryan would say he loved Esme. We saw where all that ended.

I assume Chavez is done very soon, which is a pity since he's done wonderful work recently with Huss, etc. I would like to see Mulcahey write for him but I would not be at all surprised if he's offscreen by then. As I've said before I wouldn't recast right away, and I doubt they will. I think they'll wait and see on NC's career and then recast after an appropriate period. In the meantime I'm very eager to see Tabyana Ali under PM's pen. She reminds me more of Kimberly all the time, especially in those recent confrontation scenes with Avery Pohl.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

In that video, the toilet seat is on the shelf behind Alexis, but yesterday , in order for AP to grab it to use it, it had been moved to the bookshelf on the opposite wall, so that it was behind JL as he sat in the chair.  I just find it funny that in the context of the show, Alexis is moving her toilet seat around her office, either to figure out the best vantage point for it, or it's an elf on the shelf type of thing.  

• LOL 13
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm so glad to see this!  I was on reddit and they were calling it HOT!   I thought maybe I was having a brain blip.  Jordan is so gorgeous and Brick is fugly, sorry!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
23 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think she’s sending the cops on a wild goose chase to buy herself some time. They tracked her credit card and saw the bus ticket to Toronto but we saw her steal Alexis’ corporate card to buy a plane ticket. It’ll probably be another day or 2 before Alexis realizes that and tells the cops. 

My sister said the same thing. She thinks Esme is leading them astray. They'll go to Toronto while she goes to Paris. 

Spoiler

Some magazine did mention Sprina having some big final showdown w/her. 

• Useful 3

Oh, Robert. Red roses? The most generic flower on the planet? Way to put some thought into things. You can do better. At least find out if Diane even likes red roses. Not every woman does. That said, why is the show continuing to try to make fetch happen? The arguing over whether Sonny should be put in jail is beyond stupid. 

If Violet is old enough to play obnoxious matchmaker for Finn and Elizabeth, she's old enough to understand that Finn sometimes works late/nights and can't tuck her in all the time.

Ugh. Brick. You think you're all that and a bag of chips. You're not. Go away.

As always, Molly and TJ are getting way ahead of themselves. Good for TJ for recognizing that. But Kristina is barely pregnant, so everyone needs to keep expectations in check.

• Like 6

I know contractual guarantees can be a challenge sometimes when it comes to group scenes and it can be a waste when they have a bunch of contract characters in the background of a scene but I think they could have come up with a better way of acknowledging that Spencer’s family wanted to see him off as well than having Sonny and Alexis show up to the party after it ended because they were busy with work. They could have just had Spencer say he had dinner with them and said their goodbyes before he came to the party yesterday. 

Is it just me or have they made Sam weirdly distant from the rest of her family? This is like the 3rd or 4th time in a role Molly or Kristina called their relatives over for an announcement and she’s the only one not there. She’s hardly had any scenes with their sisters since the recasts.  

• Like 5
57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yes, such a come down after Portia’s super hot brother.

Very UO here, but I can’t wait for the Spencer character (annoying as all heck) to go and don’t care that the actor who portrays him (with a strong overacting tendency), is leaving.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Diane and Rober'ts argument was ridiculous.  First, none of this was brand new information.  Second, of course a DA should want to put away bad guys.  

I realize Diane is the only woman of appropriate age on the canvas for Robert, but TPTB should just end this now. Better that he be single and looking rather than burdened with a pissy mob apologist. 

In other news, Brick was just creepy in his scene with Jordan who has now  put herself as deputy mayor in bed with the mob. Way to go, deputy mayor! 

Edited by rur
  • Like 10

I don't quite agree that Esme has been one-note, and I think we saw the potential for some interesting character growth via her relationships with Laura and Alexis.  But the writers have failed the character (and the viewers, as I think AP is more than capable) in portraying her in black and white tones, instead of shades of gray.  If AP is on her way out, I wish her well, and that she find a setting where the writers will let her showcase her talents.

I think the whole Maxie/Spinelli/Cody thing is there to allow Cody to fulfill the familial relationship known only to him (and Dante and Sasha), until John York is back on screen and the revelation of their father/son relationship can be made.  I believe the writers are trying to find a way to keep him in the Scorpio orbit until that time.  

Run, Robert!  Run the other way, as far and as fast as your aging legs will take you!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

I don't think Esme is irredeemable. (yet) Ava, Valentine, Sonny, Nik, Jason, Obrecht, etc. are all portrayed as rootable characters on this show and they've done a lot worse. Granted, she could have killed Kevin with that blow to the head.

For a character with no storyline to speak of, Dante is sure on a lot. Not complaining, being that he is smokin' hot in his suits and all, but maybe give him a plot or something. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

give [Dante] a plot or something. 

Somewhere we read that he and Sam would be raising teenagers. If that's the sort of story he's to get, I'd rather see him randomly being the only semi-competent cop in the PCPD. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

There’s always 1 or 2 characters with insanely high episode counts but nothing going on in the way of story. Dante seems to be the current one but there were a few years it was Curtis and his constant best friend scenes with whoever needed a talk to that day. Curtis’ screen time went down once he got his own SLs and family onscreen. My running theory is that it’s much easier to slot characters into other people’s stories so Dante is on a ton since he’s mainly functioning as a cop or is recapping other character’s SLs to Sam. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
38 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

My running theory is that it’s much easier to slot characters into other people’s stories

Which is a pretty good argument to trim the cast. Not every character can have an A story going on at the same time, but when you're shoving people into scenes only to meet their minimums, you probably have too large a cast.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Desperado said:

Very UO here, but I can’t wait for the Spencer character (annoying as all heck) to go and don’t care that the actor who portrays him (with a strong overacting tendency), is leaving.

He’s so overrated.

• Like 2
On 1/23/2024 at 1:12 PM, KittyQ said:

Why on earth do the characters on this show just take anybody's word for whether something is legal or not?  They never even say, "I'll ask my lawyer (because everyone here has one) about that and get back to you".  Only on TV do people get fired and not have to deal with paperwork ending their employment or talking with HR. I worked in an "at will" state, but I think most companies (even the little ones) tried to be sure they had their ducks in a row before firing someone because there are plenty of annoying lawsuits and bad PR that will tarnish their reputations and could cost money just to make them go away.

I wonder how Dante figures that Nik is not kidnapping Ace? If Esme had amnesia when she gave birth, would she have put Nik's name on the birth certificate as father? Is everyone just assuming that Nik is the parent and even though he's been out of the picture for all of Ace's life, he can just come in and take him? So, anyone who showed up and said, "I'm the dad, and I'm taking this kid to Europe" would be within their rights? Esme is so freaked out that she's getting advice from everyone except the most responsible person she knows - Laura OR Kevin. Asking a psychopath and a criminal what to do is not going to end well. 

Also, why the hell does Nina even care if she and Drew are now "even"? If I were she, I'd at least lock all my devices so neither Drew nor Carly could access anything. The "evil" me would delete material or cancel orders to wreak havoc, but that might work against me in my lawsuit, so probably not. 

The writing for this show is utter dogshit.  No wait, that’s unfair…… to dogshit.

5 hours ago, Katy M said:

Diane and Rober'ts argument was ridiculous.  First, none of this was brand new information.  Second, of course a DA should want to put away bad guys.  Third, 3/4 of the town is Sonny's friend, including Anna.  Why single Diane out over that?

I would love to be in the meeting with these writers so I could scream  at them over this garbage.

• Applause 1
On 1/21/2024 at 7:59 AM, KittenPokerCheater said:

I’ve decided (this is all spec) that I want Nina to somehow acquire ELQ stock, so that she can be the crucial vote (a la Lucy) at board meetings.  It would make Drew’s head explode, and that’s how he’d be written off.*

*Finn would try to treat him at the hospital but fail, and Liz would leave him over it.

Isn’t Nina one of the wealthiest characters on the show?  Given how she pretty much just wrote a check to acquire Carly’s hare of the Metrocourt, I would think she is in the same financial weight class as any of the Q’s or Nikolas.  Focusing the storyline on Nina using her financial power to crush her enemies would be interesting.  But I’m sure whatever we actually get will be weak nonsensical crap.

• Like 10
On 1/21/2024 at 2:42 PM, statsgirl said:

It occurred to me that Drew fired the editor who made Crimson Aurora's biggest asset and is replacing her with a woman whose only experience if magazines is reading them at the beauty parlour (most likely). On top of the insider trading conviction.

How has the board not got rid of Drew yet? Or at least dumped their stocks in this mess of a company ?

Steve Jobs, who founded Apple and was actually a genius, got ousted for less back in the 80’s.

On 1/22/2024 at 3:59 PM, statsgirl said:

I understand her thinking. She does remember now so she may slip up again. Everyone tells her how awful she was and that she MUST. BE. PUNISHED. for it In New York, the maximum is one year in jail so I would risk it but this show doesn't follow actual laws.

Also Laura convinced Esme to admit to breaking into Ava's house by saying that she wouldn't have consequences and that proved to be false so Esme has no reason to trust Laura now either.

If it were me, I would go to the police and draw on being kidnapped and held by Nik and get him removed as a parent who has custody. But really, the show wants her out for vengeance because that's the only thing they know what to do with her.

I read on Twitter that Carly had no experience in hotel management and she made the Metro Court a success. (She also made Bobbie's a roaring success by adding flowers to the tables) so she will be a brilliant editor at Crimson. (Why did I bother paying for an education when I could just step into a senior management role like Carly does?)

Maxie would be a better editor than Carly because she has at least some experience but Drew's brain has been extracted and he thinks that Carly is the be-all and end-all.

I'm hoping for Nina to take the high road and start a media company that buries Aurora.

Carly has the advantage of unjustified impenetrable plot armor.

• Like 2

Laura really thinks Heather was not having her own plan? Esme so far hasn't don't anything to make her worse than some others.  Half the show is mobsters, meat hooks, Ava. When she"s serial killing like her parents then she's gone but so far she's not a murder. 

Esme hits Kevin and Laura wants her brought to justice? Spencer just aided a kidnapper and she balked at him being arrested. Sonny almost kills Cyrus and Laura makes excuses. Liz helps kidnapping and gets forgiven and  head nurse.  Carly commits a crime and it's Nina's fault. 

Robert deserves so much better than dealing with Diane.  Team Robert for saying a known racketeer hides behind family, friends and the mayor.  Dump Diane and be done with her. This is not entertaining.  

So Sonny's at the secret  announcement because? He's the grandfather?  Uncle?  They didn't have him at the last surrogate announcement.  Their lines are already crossed. Sonny gets the invite  but not any other Ashfords? TJ says nobody but in the room gets to know?

I wish they'd give Kate Mansi a better story than this, she's much better stories on Days.  I want them to steal her back. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
On 1/22/2024 at 12:30 PM, statsgirl said:

Carly to Nina: "It's entirely legal for Drew to fire you." Actually, no, the  whistleblower law protect her. But this is Carly, who thought that buying all that Aurora stock. That bodes well for Aurora.

Meanwhile Dante says Nik is legally not kidnapping Ace.

Why does this show like to beat up on people who are already down? It's not pleasant to watch.

Carly: "I agreed to be Crimson's editor in chief so that I could see Nina's face when I took something that she loved."  Carly, you have done nothing but take away things that Nina loved.

Olivia is the only decent person in Nina's story, Laura in Ace's kidnapping. Clever of Laura to think that if Esme has regained her memory, she would rain down hellfire on Spencer and Nik Go Esme, go!

I hope that Nina burns Aurora down.

Carly always was a social climber par excellance.

Nina should buy/start her own publication and loot all the talent from crimson.  She should also organize an investor group and start a hostile takeover of Aurora and fire current management (Drew and Carly).  If I were Nina, I would do that just as a warmup.

• Like 9

Oh, look, crack investigator Sam McCall has been hired to work on Finn's case.   Maybe Walmart will hire him for Walmart Greeter when she fails to come up with any evidence.

What the hell was that song Robert requested at the Savoy?  The lyrics sounded like "giddy up, giddy up".  Seriously?  And they say romance is dead.  It should be with this couple. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

He looks old enough to be her father.  

Definitely.  If Wiki is to be believed, he’s 18 years older than Tanisha Harper, who is only 10 years older than Tajh Bellow. I felt like I needed a shower after that scene.

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

What the hell was that song Robert requested at the Savoy?  The lyrics sounded like "giddy up, giddy up".  Seriously?  And they say romance is dead.  It should be with this couple. 

OMG, I heard it as “get it up, get it up” and wondered what the hell was going on.  I also thought I hear Sonny call Kristina “Kate” (as in KM) but that might’ve been K as a nickname (that I don’t think they’ve ever used).

I am so uninvested in this lawsuit storyline, so glad to see they’re fast-tracking it.  

• Like 1

Molly lost me waving a pregnancy test in Kristina’s face after a week. 

It was a gross couples palooza with Brick and Jordan, Diane and Robert, and Finn and Liz. Brick, Diane, and Finn (+ his kid) are on my wish list for cast cuts.

I hope everything is okay with Kirsten Storms. I see what the wardrobe, hair, and makeup departments do elsewhere and do not feel they are incompetent. 

I read NAC would be back after his LOA and  his deal was up in July, but who knows anymore? I guess we’ll all see. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Yeah I think Esme is on her way out now, probavly taking Spencer with her. She'll either kidnap him or they'll both go over a cliff.

I'm sure Mulcahey already has some story planned and knows what characters he wants to use so we'll be seeing a lot of rearranging the deck chairs the next couple months. I wish the show had taken those chances to give Esme dimension because AP could certainly play them. But other than Dex there is no one in the age range to pair her with barring a Cam recast. 

If she is leaving I hope she finds some success on another soap or elsewhere. I think she is talented but yeah, Esme was never really allowed to grow.

I wouldnt be shocked if the Spinelli stuff is setting up Maxie leaving or going recurring as well. She hasn't had real story since the baby switch ended. And they would need to bring on a new love interest for her at this point.

If they are adding anyone to the cast it needs to be someone for Ava since I suspect Nik is gone until Ace is old enough to vote or at least have teen story. Cant wait to see what Mulcahey does with Maura West.

• Like 10
6 hours ago, Katy M said:

Diane and Rober'ts argument was ridiculous. 

D.A. Scorpio calling out Sonny as a 'murderous bastard' was a crumb that I am not too ashamed to have enjoyed.

I am currently a Hulu subscriber so I appreciate reading here to see what is in store for the upcoming episode.  Despite being prepared (Taliskar) and expected to be annoyed with an appearance by Stephen A. Myth*, he does come prepared for his scenes.  Can't stand him ((going back years as a last place Redsox fan)) but whoever is helping him prepare his dialogue for his guest appearances might prove useful for Mo. 

*I vaguely remembered mention of a recent on-air rant/argument  between Stephen who was fat shaming some other sports announcer, so I did a Google search for a link.  One of the first articles that popped up was an interview which mentioned that, as one of Disney's favorite sons, he is coming up for a contract renewal in a year and is not sure if he wants to continue in sports talk, acting, or maybe politics.  Whatever.  🤞Hope that his future resides far far far away from Port Charles.

To this viewer Smith is yet another character that commits heinous crimes but is treated with deference in Port Charles instead of being treated like Nina or like the dregs of society.  When was the last time a regular cast member called Sonny a 'murderous bastard'?  Sonny is celebrating and toasting and (at a minimum) he should be under psychiatric lockdown for his beating with hisbare hands of Cyrus over a couple of words with Cyrus not resisting.

When was the last couple that worked - Chase and Willow?  Casting received an Emmy this year (iirc)- (should have gone to the set designer/props department).

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

To be clear, I don't think Robo-Jordan should be on this show at all nor has Jordan ever been much of a character, even when the vivacious Vinessa Antoine did her best to bring her to life. Jordan #3 is still one of the worst actresses I've ever seen. But I also can't be bothered with a part-time IRL sportscaster getting an actual story fobbed off on this poor woman who's already struggling to act, because that just shows you how little they are currently invested in most Black characters, almost all of whom are related. March can't come soon enough.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, jsbt said:

To be clear, I don't think Robo-Jordan should be on this show at all nor has Jordan ever been much of a character, even when the vivacious Vinessa Antoine did her best to bring her to life. Jordan #3 is still one of the worst actresses I've ever seen. But I also can't be bothered with a part-time IRL sportscaster getting an actual story fobbed off on this poor woman who's already struggling to act, because that just shows you how little they are currently invested in most Black characters, almost all of whom are related. March can't come soon enough.

Jordan has always been a confusing character to me. I don’t get how they simultaneously think she’s important enough to keep recasting and bringing back when they hardly do anything with her and keep casting women in the role who are 15-20 years too young to play a police commissioner turned deputy mayor and the mother of an almost 30 year old doctor. I think part of the stiffness is the age difference between the actresses and character if I’m being honest because BNH’s Jordan had that as well and seemed so bubbly and vivacious offscreen. It’s like she was trying not to come off like a woman in her late 20s when she was playing Jordan. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
11 hours ago, sunnyface said:

When was the last time a regular cast member called Sonny a 'murderous bastard'? 

Laura? When Lucky "died" in that fire and robo-Jason and Mooby showed up at the morgue? And she dragged him for filth over "Lucky's" body? And JEEBUS CRIPES, that was 26* years ago! Unless someone else called him that after and when I was on the Barge? Because I was on the Barge a few times in the past couple of decades.

*Too Bad Laura didn't hold on to that hate even after Lucky** returned from the dead.

**Make that Pod!Lucky-both Yeller McYellerson and Vaughn.

• Like 5

I remember Sonny getting dragged and called out a ton when Guza was writing, although it was obvious we weren’t supposed to root for the characters who spoke out against them. However, most of them didn't make it during his entire run (though a few were later brought back after he was canned) so it wasn’t so good for the characters who got stuck picking up that mantle.

One of the few that did off the top of my head was Alexis and she got hated on so much for it by other characters that I was almost glad when she stopped being at odds with Sonny even though I agreed with everything she was saying about him. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Jordan has always been a confusing character to me. I don’t get how they simultaneously think she’s important enough to keep recasting and bringing back when they hardly do anything with her

They don't think she's important, but at the same time the last several creative regimes plus Frank have had little interest in coming up with any new characters of color and Jordan fills a utility role on canvas (police).

It's about economy. That's the only reason.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Jordan is another character who is just used to prop other storylines. Even this potential one with Brick is going to be about Brick, not her.

19 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

He looks old enough to be her father.  

Smith was trying to turn on all the charm in his scenes with Brick being attracted to Jordan but it just looked slimey.

17 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Steve Jobs, who founded Apple and was actually a genius, got ousted for less back in the 80’s.

And was recruited back when the company needed him again.

16 hours ago, Artsda said:

Laura really thinks Heather was not having her own plan? Esme so far hasn't don't anything to make her worse than some others.  Half the show is mobsters, meat hooks, Ava. When she"s serial killing like her parents then she's gone but so far she's not a murder. 

Esme hits Kevin and Laura wants her brought to justice? Spencer just aided a kidnapper and she balked at him being arrested. Sonny almost kills Cyrus and Laura makes excuses. Liz helps kidnapping and gets forgiven and  head nurse.  Carly commits a crime and it's Nina's fault.

I'm supposed to hate Esme herebut who I'm really hating is Spencer (and Nik of course). Esme may be a terrible person but she took good care of Ace for a year and she appears to love him, No matter what she did to Joss, Cam and Trina, she does not deserve to lose her child and certainly not to a sociopath. Let the punishment fit the crime.

Spencer throwing his money around like Prince Charming to Trina's Cinderella is just gross.

• Like 9

I don't think Tanisha is a bad actress at all.  I do think NAC can overact, but as to being overrated I think the jury is out.  When I see him in something other than GH I'll be able to tell more.  I am going to give a very unpopular opinion about Avery.  I thought she was a great actress for a long time.  Now that she has her memories back she hasn't impressed me.  First of all, she's incredibly whiny, or just plays it that way.  I did not think she matched NAC at all in their big confrontation.  So I feel that I personally overrated her.  Again, I would need to see her in something other than GH to be sure.  God only know what mess is going on over there, so I'm not going to make determinations yet. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I don’t know how Ava puts up with the nasty rude way Sonny speaks to her. He is just so unnecessarily mean. 

As soon as Esme got her memory back she started speaking with that whiny voice. She spoke that way before. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Smith was trying to turn on all the charm in his scenes with Brick being attracted to Jordan but it just looked slimey.

It sure did. What a smarm Brick was.

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Spencer throwing his money around like Prince Charming to Trina's Cinderella is just gross.

He did that when they were in New York City and she was all dreamy about it. Yuck. The only thoughtful thing he did there was arrange the BTS tour at the Met museum. 

I guess Nik wasn't the anonymous bidder for Windermere?

If you already have stage 4 cancer, getting a diagnosis a few months earlier will  not significantly affect your rate of survival. 

Since when can the plaintiff's lawyer call the defendant to the stand?

6 minutes ago, jacourt said:

I don’t know how Ava puts up with the nasty rude way Sonny speaks to her. He is just so unnecessarily mean. 

He insisted Ava move into the penthouse, so he can shove his attitude toward her. I think Mo doesn't pay much attention to his tone, because he often sounds threatening when that's not the scene.

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, jacourt said:

As soon as Esme got her memory back she started speaking with that whiny voice. She spoke that way before. 

So then that's probably what she is directed to do.  I would be very interested in seeing all of GH's younger actors in other projects.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think Chavez, Tabyana Ali and Avery Pohl are all excellent. I particularly think the Trina recast was seamless and frankly that the prior actress had a lot of charisma but was often very green. I blame the show for squandering this trio's time together. I hope Mulcahey gets a chance to write a little for Spencer, but for all we know anything remaining on Chavez's contract will be pre-tapes.

18 minutes ago, jacourt said:

I mean, she did literally murder his first love and leave her to bleed out on the floor for at least an hour. I am no Sonny fan but I have no idea how they share the same room civilly, let alone sometimes seem buddy-buddy.

• Like 7