Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I thought it was funny that just because they were driving 'somewhere in Ontario" that they almost hit a moose.  I've lived "somewhere in Ontario" for more than 50 years and I have yet to see a real life moose.  They're not that common that they wouldn't just be wandering around on the road.  

My dad is originally from Ontario but moved to the States before I was born - we do go back to visit family pretty regularly and this summer we added in a visit to Algonquin Provincial Park and I had such high hopes of finally seeing a moose in person. Suffice to say that I was yelling at the TV tonight, “Are you KIDDING me? CARLY gets to see an effing moose?!?! Without even trying and I STILL haven’t?” LOL

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

The set decorators couldn't find a different green flower to put on the table at the cafe in Amsterdam? I found that extra annoying.

I found it more annoying that it was Johnny's/Brando's garage, transported to Amsterdam.

Claudia,_Johnny,_and_Sonny_at_Xtreme_Motors.webp

They're also going to have to mark these down at ABC and Amazon.

spacer.png

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, ciarra said:

They're also going to have to mark these down at ABC and Amazon.

Ah, yes, the mug that I don't think we'd ever seen until the last couple of days.

Way to communicate with the props department, folks.

Edited by rur
8 hours ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Loved the look GF’s Laura gave when LW’s Carly said that you did not have to dig deep to find the similarity with her Carly and JZ’s Bobbie after Laura’s comment in her eulogy about Bobbie digging deep to find good in people. WTF sums it up. Ha! GF forever!

LC has known health problems and it was dealt with in script with Willow saying Monica was ill. I have nothing for why Kim was not there, or excuses for them about RC’s Lucas not having equal billing to his sister.

Brighton’s inclusion was beautifully done.

Yes indeed, GF forever! But honestly, that is perfectly in character for Carly. She sees herself in a very delusional way because that's the way it goes with narcissism. I see LW's Carly as the logical (awful) progression of the character. Brown's young Carly did show depth and vulnerability, but this is the Carly who has had children by and married three rich men, two of whom have New York-wide/USA-wide reputations for being powerful in different ways and the deceased one's family has an international reputation via their ELQ business. She became even more self-absorbed and entitled by always being associated with at least one of them. I don't think she's ever been without access to money and body guards in 20+ years and even the hotel business started because of her relationship with Jax. 

I understand that LC is ill, but she could still have been included in these tribute episodes in some way. Have her sit in the pew with tears in her eyes and have a flashback; she didn't have to stand up and do a eulogy. Or, use Michael to have a Monica/Bobbie flashback since he was going to be in these scenes anyway. Michael is in fact Monica and Bobbie's mutual grandson. There was no (real) reason he had to be with Willow for her flashback. After Willow spoke of how Bobbie made her feel, he could just had like two lines about Grandma Bobbie being a dear friend and caregiving nurse to Grandma Monica when Grandma Monica had breast cancer. The Quartermaines will always be grateful to my Grandma Bobbie Spencer for that. 

Robin should have in that church and part of Angela's interview process. Young Robin was in the storyline with all of them when BJ died, not to mention being Bobbie's colleague at GH as an adult. Kimberly McC's absence was glaring, IMO. 

I'm still disappointed that JJ was not there, but at least he was indirectly included when Laura mentioned him and today there was the Bobbie/Elizabeth flashback when Bobbie said "my nephew."

ITA about Brighton.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Absolutely smashed it with today’s episode. The reporter actually being BJ’s ghost was out there but I’ll allow it given the circumstances, especially since they used the original actress

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Since the show has featured multiple ghosts, some who were later revealed to be alive, I'll allow the BJ visit. But wasn't Lucy a Vampire Slayer? She should have figured it out.

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

I liked Felicia's reasoning for not being close to Carly.  I wish it actually stuck instead now they need to be bffs. 

yeah. like. i was like. yes you tell her Felicia, and then she apologized and i am like. well, yeah. okay that's over with. *close clip*

it just reminded me of Buffy. Dawn & Spike were like super close, until Dawn found out what Spike did to Buffy. it didn't matter what Buffy did/forgave Spike. Dawn was over it and him. Felicia didn't need to apologize and be all let's be besties now. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, Nique said:

I didn't appreciate them having Carly throw that in Felicia face. Not because it wasn't true but because she has no right. The only people allowed to throw it in her face are Maxie Mac Georgie Bobbie and Tony & it's been done already. It was also the audacity cause Carly took Mykill from AJ to raise him with a violent mobster & he got a cap in his head cause of it. So she is the last person to talk about anyone parenting. 

Anyways your post is spot on 💯

Why thank you! 

You are absolutely correct that Carly has no right, but it's totally in character for her. Felicia makes a point about the past that she was angry at Carly's actions hurting Carly's now deceased mother and Tony; Carly attempts to deflect by bringing up Felicia's actions that hurt her daughter but had nothing to do with Carly's life. Although I can absolutely believe Carly would judge Felicia (without knowledge gained from being directly involved in the situation) as an abandoning mother whereas she has considered herself to be a devoted mother to all her spawn. She genuinely thinks well, Michael recovered and Sonny and I did not cause Morgan's death - the horrible Jerome family did.

Re-writing her own history as "close to Maxie" in this episode is very similar to what she did in a scene with MC when he started in the role of Nikolas. She saw him and said that she and Laura had become "close", so she was upset with Nikolas for keeping his not-dead status a secret from his mother.  She tried to demand that he reveal himself to Laura soon. 

Carly and Laura were not then, nor have they ever been, "close." Laura was historically definitely not fond of Carly, but she also never seriously got into it with Carly out of love and respect for Bobbie and Lucas, esp. considering Laura knew they had suffered so much due to losing B.J. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I remember Laura and Carly being actively antagonistic at one point when they were both working at I want to say Deception? Pre wig on a stick days. In regards to Nik she was definitely inflating her relationship with Laura but Carly was at least right. That was a real dick move from Nikolas.

They did work together during the Cyrus story and I buy that there is at least a mutual respect there now, as much as Carly is capable of respecting anyone. And Laura is a poltician now so I can buy her looking past some of Carly's lesser qualities.

• Like 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I remember Laura and Carly being actively antagonistic at one point when they were both working at I want to say Deception? Pre wig on a stick days

That's correct. Laura needed Sonny's backing to buy and revive Deception, and he made it a nonnegotiable condition that she take on Sarah Brown's Carly as a partner. She had gone to Edward first, but the deal he offered was even worse. 

They fought constantly. To buy time in one of her schemes, Carly locked Laura out on the roof of the building in freezing temperatures at one point. Something she'd do again many years later with Nelle.

Carly and Laura as cosmetics queens (with their exuberant gay assistant, Elton) is a chapter that doesn't come up much, even when Deception's history is discussed by characters or fans. I think it was begun under one writing regime and continued under another, and begun with one Carly actress and continued with another, and it never amounted to much after all the setup. When Sonny threw Carly out shortly after Tamara Braun took over the role, he also sold her share of the company to Laura. Carly then had the humiliation of showing up at the office and being told by Laura that she was out on her ass. After that, I cannot remember ever hearing about Laura's cosmetics company again. We moved on to defrosted Stavros and all that.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

Today was amazing.  I don't like seeing Carly's big face everywhere, nor do I like the rewriting to make her everyone's best friend and some kind of angel, but I know who bigfoot is behind the scenes, and if I want to watch GH, I have to deal with that.  I found it much easier to block out today with so much beauty going on.  Felicia was amazing, and made me cry.  I thought bringing back the original Barbara Jean actress and making her an angel was a stroke of genius.  Just very well done, kudos.  

• Like 6
  • Love 6

The Bobbie flashbacks were completely on point this episode and I loved the realization that the original actress playing BJ had scenes with all of the adults she was interviewing--once again LH was close to tears when she talked about how much she loved Bobbie's daughter--and I have zero problems believing Bobbie was as street tough as JZ played her.  She wasn't a bully, she just stood up for people who couldn't defend themselves.

I also loved the moment Carly and Felicia walked into GH and Maxie, Anna and Robert rushed towards Felicia and then Robert and Anna awkwardly smiled at Carly--they were clearly waiting for Felicia and could care less that Carly was there too.  Kind of awesomely played by FH and TR.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

How did Carly and Felicia get back and forth from Amsterdam and Canada so fast?

I wasn't watching when they had the bj story

Why did the show kill off bj?

GH has gone through periods of sci fi weirdness (Casey the Alien/Ice Princess/mind imprinting), mob/conspiracy, and realism and BJ died during a period of realistic drama. Maxie had a heart condition and needed a new heart. BJ's death led to Bobbie and Tony's marriage crumbling which is something that can happen to a couple who lose a child. 

I remember reading an interview with Kimberly McCullough once where she said people always made fun of Casey the Alien but it was also the storyline every always wanted to talk about with her. This was prior to Robin's HIV storyline though. I also remember reading an article lauding the show for being brave enough to give Robin HIV and then not walking it back. Robin was not a character who was specifically brought on to be the character with HIV. She was someone who the audience had known since a small child and the child of two very popular characters. She was also not the "typical" HIV patient - she was not gay, she was not promiscuous, nor was she a drug addict.  Robin's diagnosis was not shown to be a false positive. There was no miracle cure for her.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, CeChase said:

Today was amazing.  I don't like seeing Carly's big face everywhere, nor do I like the rewriting to make her everyone's best friend and some kind of angel, but I know who bigfoot is behind the scenes, and if I want to watch GH, I have to deal with that.  

I think there's an important distinction here in that I thought it was clear that the "everyone's best friend" type dialogue comes from Carly's state of narcissism and self-delusion. I laughed a lot because it seemed to me that there were several moments of subtle shading of this character. Felicia's dig about Carly not being invited to parties at the Brownstone after Bobbie and Tony split up, and Carly acknowledging she never even knew about the parties. Carly being all, 'huh, wow there are aspects of my mom I never knew about'.  She seemed truly, genuinely surprised to realize there was more to Bobbie than the title of nurse and being mother or loving grandmother to the kids when she was in need.  With the exception of about six GH cast members in that church, everyone knew and loved or respected Bobbie more and for much longer than Carly had. 

The self-delusion concluded with her hugging Lucas and saying ILY, please be in touch. Lady, you have all but ignored your brother's existence since the day he was forced to break his own heart by handing baby/toddler Wiley off to your son Michael.  I give RC credit that Lucas's obligatory ILY response was the most underwhelming and unenthusiastic ILY I have ever heard during a TV character's death storyline.  That was well played since during the funeral RC had to be a scene partner with LW and CD for the first time since that awful giving up Wiley scene. LOL - good for you, RC!!

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 7
  • Fire 3
2 hours ago, ljr said:

I don't think there was a big reason why they killed BJ, it was just to show - how fleeting life is and how senseless (and selfish) drunk driving was. If I remember rightly, Bobbie was having an affair with someone.. and BJ"s accident (and maxie's illness) kinda brought Bobbie and Tony back together (but then BJ's death killed Tony emotionally, and then he spiralled down into the man he basically was until he died). 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, ljr said:

Ratings?

They wanted a transplant story, and what better way to do it than with two children?  Not much different than doing AIDS, cancer stories, etc.  Social issues.

• Like 2

I believe he was - he was still very young but I remember either Tony or Bobbie talking but how he would go into BJ's room and lay on her bed or under her bed because he missed her. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

Was Lucas on the show when BJ died? That storyline was so long ago now I can't recall many of the details

Not actor Ryan Carnes, but the Lucas character yes. Little Maxie finds out from her mom (with Kevin sitting next to them on the couch) that BJ died because Maxie says I want Lucas and BJ to come to my b-day party. Felicia explains that BJ can't come because she was in the hospital recently at the same time you were. Her head was very badly hurt in an accident, and she gave you a very special gift - her heart - before she went to Heaven. The child actress, Robin, did a fantastic job in that scene. (I watched the old clip again last night; can't recall the last time I watched it.)

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Her head was very badly hurt in an accident, and she gave you a very special gift - her heart - before she went to Heaven. The child actress, Robin, did a fantastic job in that scene. (I watched the old clip again last night; can't recall the last time I watched it.)

"Did I remember to say 'thank you' to her?"  That actress really knocked it out of the park in that scene.

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

BJ was Tony's lifeline after his wife (and her mother) Tania died.  Afterward, he was manipulated into a relationship with Lucy (who cared for BJ), and then married Bobbie.  Each of those relationships ended with betrayal, leaving Tony with BJ as his lifeline once again.  When he lost her, he spiraled.

They were having trouble finding a heart donor for Maxie because she carried the "small p factor".  At some point, Tony decided that he and BJ should be tested for it, since they were blood relatives, just to know.  Then, one day, he sort of nonchalantly mentioned that the results had come in, and BJ carried the factor, too.  My response: "Oh, no!  They're going to kill BJ!"  And they did.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
43 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Not actor Ryan Carnes, but the Lucas character yes. Little Maxie finds out from her mom (with Kevin sitting next to them on the couch) that BJ died because Maxie says she wants Lucas and BJ to come to my b-day party. Felicia explains that BJ can't come because she was in the hospital recently at the same time you were. Her head was very badly hurt in an accident, and she gave you a very special gift - her heart - before she went to Heaven. The child actress, Robin, did a fantastic job in that scene. (I watched the old clip again last night; can't recall the last time I watched it.)

Oh yeah, someone posted that clip recently and I actually recall seeing that scene when it was first broadcast

(edited)

Did anyone else laugh today that:

a) Diane decides she doesn't want a romance with Robert because he's too anti-Sonny for her taste? Not being taken in by your smug about your boss and pointing out facts about Sonny versus Cyrus is just Robert being Robert. So-called tough Diane doesn't have much of a spine. 

b) Dex says ILY and always will for the first time by leaving a VM message for Josslyn, right before he goes to kill Cyrus on Sonny's orders, to prove his loyalty. What an unromantic dumbass. Which is exactly the type of boyfriend Josslyn deserves.

I'll give the writers credit that the scenes of Spencer realizing that Esme remembers, were well done. And I was genuinely surprised at the cliffhanger.

Speaking of Spencer, can someone with a better memory than mine remember whether child Spencer (NB or the other kid actors in the role) ever personally interacted with Bobbie? Or did he just know of her as Uncle Lucky and Aunt Lulu's aunt?

I was thinking about it because I found it ironic that Nikolas once said to Lucky, "I named my firstborn child after you" and yet Lucky, Elizabeth/Lucky's kid(s), and the two Spencer grandkids Luke has from Lulu were all missing from the funeral while Lucky's Cassadine nephew and both Lulu's and Lucky's ex-spouses attended. Wonder how Luke would react to knowing "spawn's" son showed up for his beloved sister Bobbie's funeral whereas "Cowboy" and the Spencer grandchildren did not. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Joss is only now telling the RA about Adam? He's been acting erratically for months. And Adam, change the password to your student portal so your parents can't access it. Good grief.

When did Dex start dressing in suits instead of his Jason-lite uniform? He looks good, I'll say that. I had to laugh at his dismay when Sonny asked him to kill Cyrus. Did Dex really think it would never happen? What a dolt.

"You're unusually and unprofessionally gleeful about all of this," says Diane, who then proceeds to be unprofessionally, at least, gleeful that Robert will never be able to convict Sonny. At least now Diane and Robert might be dunzo for good. 

33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'll give the writers credit that the scenes of Spencer realizing that Esme remembers, were well done.

Same. I also like how AP has adjusted Esmé's attitude just a bit since she remembered everything. Esmé's a little less wide-eyed, a little more antagonistic. Nice work.

41 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

And I was genuinely surprised at the cliffhanger.

I figured Nikolas wouldn't just slink out of town so soon without causing trouble somewhere else.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Speaking of Spencer, can someone with a better memory than mine remember whether child Spencer (NB or the other kid actors in the role) ever personally interacted with Bobbie? Or did he just know of her as Uncle Lucky and Aunt Lulu's aunt?

I remember her babysitting him a couple times pre-NB’s Spencer taking over. One off the top of my head was when Nikolas had that tumor that was being stubborn about getting treated for. Bobbie dropped off Spencer to Alexis and Lucky who were waiting for Nikolas at GH because she had to start her shift. JZ was barely on the show by the time Spencer was born so we wouldn’t have seen much of them together but I think we were supposed to assume that they saw each other regularly offscreen. 

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

When did Dex start dressing in suits instead of his Jason-lite uniform? He looks good, I'll say that. I had to laugh at his dismay when Sonny asked him to kill Cyrus. Did Dex really think it would never happen? What a dolt.

I half suspect they are setting up Dex being in over his head and wanting to quit around the time Jason returns. It was always a running theme that Sonny’s Jason replacements were ineffective compared to the regular Jason, partially because they felt bad about hurting people. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"You're unusually and unprofessionally gleeful about all of this," says Diane, who then proceeds to be unprofessionally, at least, gleeful that Robert will never be able to convict Sonny. At least now Diane and Robert might be dunzo for good. 

Let's  hope.  Diane is a smug asshole and Robert is better off far, far away from her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 1

Why did Dex look so surprised that Sonny wants him to kill Cyrus? Did he think his job was to serve milk and cookies to Sonny’s staff? He’s said in the past that he wants to move up in the organization. Well this is how the big leagues work kid. If you don’t want to play, then you should leave now. Because the minute Jason comes home, your services will no longer be needed.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Did anyone else laugh today that:

a) Diane decides she doesn't want a romance with Robert because he's too anti-Sonny for her taste?

Good! Let this be the end of any kind of relationship between them. I don't even want her to be a sounding board or giving unsolicited advice like she did when Holly had returned. Pure Jealousy, it 'twas.

• Like 6
(edited)

TR looked frail when he was with FH at GH.  His voice was rather weak.  I hope it was just a cold or something. 

eta:  Maybe he was just choked up about JZ's death?

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
31 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Good! Let this be the end of any kind of relationship between them.

I just laughed and laughed because Diane pouted, then thought she was clever in her good-bye to him and her decision to walk away. Then Robert's reaction: a WTF just happened look. He knows he's being himself, telling the truth and making a point that she'll have more time/space in her life without Sonny. 

Diane thinks waaayyy too highly of herself and her client. LOL.

• Applause 6

So, Esme might go to prison for breaking and entering (first offense, with minor damage and no theft) while Sonny brutally beats Cyrus (zillionth offense, with no justification and likely to try to kill him to prove some kind of point) and is likely to get off? More of the screwy PC legal system, which seems like something someone is just making up as they go along. 

Good for you Adam - this erratic behavior is one way to guarantee that your parents are notified. Don't get help - just keep flailing around because that always works.

Diane won't get involved with Robert because he wants to prosecute Sonny? If I'm Robert, I'm thinking "Whew! Dodged that bullet!" She'd be constantly trying to subvert Robert's job in favor of her clients. Clearly, she can't separate her personal and professional lives. 

• Like 8

Diane mostly works as a criminal defense attorney and her clients are almost always guilty as hell. Isn’t that why they claim she’s such a good lawyer because she still manages to get them acquitted? She didn’t think Robert would ever want to put one of her clients in prison? Did she truly expect him to give them all a pass on breaking the law because they were dating? 

• Like 8
On 1/9/2024 at 3:41 PM, hypnotoad said:

I just watched the scenes the other day and still just watching that video and I am crying again! Good good stuff.

I tend to agree, I just wish the show ... showed us some of that. Even exploring that would give JL more to do in the story.

The writers would rather spew out stupid crap like most of what we’ve been seeing.  Even though exploring the Kevin/Esme dynamic would be a compelling storyline.

On 1/10/2024 at 6:38 AM, CeChase said:

Facebook Frannies consider him their dream man. 

To be fair, a lot of women are attracted to unavailable men (quickly ducks).  I’ve always had women coming out of the woodwork to flirt with me when I’m visibly in relationship.  Then when I become single most of that evaporates.

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 3
On 1/10/2024 at 7:22 AM, jacourt said:

I watched when I was in high school. Then some in college and once I started having kids I stopped. Then I watched again but stopped when it got so mobby and guns were flashed around so much. Don’t know the years because that’s not my strong point. Well I started again last year because I got home from work in time to see the last half.  Many times it helped me nap.  So now I’ve retired and figured something to plan my day around.  Well now I am so disappointed that SB is coming back.  If it goes down that same path with him being the wonder boy I’m done  I guess I’ll have to try either B&B or Y&R.  I’m so sad. There are characters on the show I am invested in but Jason will overshadow all. Any suggestions on which other ships is watchable?  

Maybe they could have him get another whack on the head and turn him back into Jason Quartermaine.  Given how this show works, he could be a doctor with a year or so.

Which would probably be better than whatever they really have in store for him.

• LOL 6
33 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

whatever they really have in store for him.

They’ll probably have him take Dex under his wing and teach Dex how to be an effective hitman 🙄

• Like 2
(edited)

So now that Jason is returning, they aren’t wasting any time throwing Dex under the bus. Not that I care, but it’s so obvious. 

I have to wonder if Spencer figuring out Esme remembers will tie into the reason for Spencer being off screen when the actor is filming his new project? Perhaps she kidnaps him? Holds him prisoner? Or her crazy mother escapes and does it?

Edited by DanaMB
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3

I notice that Jeff Kober just turned 70 last month. It must be SO FUN to be turning a round number and suddenly notice that every other reference to your character in the script is "old man" or "frail heart patient." 

That being said, the episode today did seem to be punching the age thing home in terms of why Dex is especially hesitant to carry out this assignment. 

• Fire 2
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Daisy said:

Bobbie was having an affair with someone.. and BJ"s accident (and maxie's illness) kinda brought Bobbie and Tony back together (but then BJ's death killed Tony emotionally, and then he spiralled down into the man he basically was until he died). 

She was having an affair with Damian Smith. BJ's death didn't bring her and Tony back together, though, as the break up happened concurrently with her death. Because Tony couldn't catch a break, he found out about the affair the day of BJ's death when he caught Bobbie and Damian making out in a stairwell at the hospital. This happened just minutes before they found out about the accident.

It might have been the anniversary of BJ's death that brought them back together, as I recall that they were separated for quite some time following a nasty divorce battle. I remember watching it and thinking that despite the fact that Tony was the injured party, he was being a real bastard to Bobbie.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'll give the writers credit that the scenes of Spencer realizing that Esme remembers, were well done. And I was genuinely surprised at the cliffhanger.

I tuned in today to see these scenes. NAC was great, AP as well, ugh then there were the scenes MB being all mobby,such bad acting. And does Sonny really want to set Joss's boyfriend up as a murderer?What would Carly think of that?....oK forget I asked that,

Is Nina going to get blamed for Cyrus' murder now 😉🤣

Loved Diane's dress and accessories.

• Love 2

Ava and Niks good-bye was great. So was Spencer getting brain cells back to realize Esme remembers. 

Not sure where they going with the Paris trip.

Sonny used Joss name to get Dex to murder someone, Dex should be done with his boss after that. 

Diane and Robert conversation was stupid.  Diane just is moronic with her statements, Sonny is beloved member of community and Cyrus is a criminal.  Sonny's not a criminal? Aren't Drew and Carly criminals? If Sonny was doing good beating a criminal, then Nina was doing good sending criminals away? 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 1/11/2024 at 9:46 AM, JMO said:

I laughed out loud when I realized that this extremely rare, specialized surgery, from this brand new clinical trial that Portia happened to read about----was being performed in Port Charles (!), about five minutes after the surgeon essentially said, "Yep, you'll do".  Really, show?

Port Charles exists in a tiny, tiny pocket universe.  There isn’t much to it, and nothing is very far apart.  That trip to Holland?  Probably a three hour flight.

• LOL 4
On 1/11/2024 at 9:52 AM, rur said:

At least they let him speak, eventually. When people came up to Carly to express sympathy and said nothing to Lucas WHO WAS STANDING NEXT TO HER (!!!), I started to think TIIC had limited him to a non-speaking role because it was cheaper.* He did seem to be glowering at the time, rather than looking mournful, so maybe he was pissed off, too.

Leave it to GH to have the person who admittedly didn't know her until adulthood take precedence over someone who was raised by the departed. 

(*Long ago,  I read somewhere long ago that an extra with 3 lines or less was cheaper than one with more dialog, and and have been wondering if what he said amounted to 3 lines.) 

Everything must center around Carly Prime.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

I don't understand what is happening!  The last we saw, Dex was staying in Sonny's employ because Michael and Carly asked him to so he can watch Sonny and make sure he doesn't get into trouble.  Hello?  Ordering a hit on Cyrus is getting into trouble.  So why didn't Dex call Michael?  This makes no sense, it's as if those scenes never happened. 

Sonny went full evil, using emotional manipulation against Dex, who is an idiot.  But guess what?  Manipulating an idiot is actually worse than manipulating a smart person.  He makes me sick, and I really don't want Nina back with him.  Run girl, run!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Blackie said:

And does Sonny really want to set Joss's boyfriend up as a murderer?

Sonny cares about getting what he wants. He quite deliberately manipulated Dex by mentioning Joss on the list of people in danger. He doesn't care about Josslyn's relationship. He probably thinks she better get used to the idea that being with someone in the biz means being with a killer. After all, her mother made the choice and knew and accepted the reality without blinking.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
13 hours ago, Blackie said:

Loved Diane's dress and accessories.

Diane is consistently one of the best-dressed women on the show. I wonder how much input CH has into that. Constance Towers always wore her own clothes for Helena because she knew exactly how Helena would dress, and she was absolutely right.

13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Not sure where they going with the Paris trip.

I really hope that if it doesn't pan out it's because of something outside of Trina's control, like Paris freezes over or a semester-long public strike or something. Staying in PC because of Curtis or Spencer would be so, so disappointing. Choose yourself, Trina!

• Like 5

Sonny says that Cyrus brought the cops into a situation that should have been between us" (I.e. beating him into a coma) and now he wants Dex to kill him. Yes, the old writers are back. Oh, and Nina thinks that Cyrus deserved it.

Sonny: "I need loyal men by my said. Are you loyal or not?" Loyal is one thing, Sonny. Stupid is another. I guess Sonny has never watched an episode of Law & Order or any other Dick Wolfe show

The scene between Diane and Robert exemplifies why I had her in Lawyer Mode. Cyrus because a criminal is irrelevant, Sonny committed a criminal act. And even with Cyrus' record, put him on the stand against Sonny and I'd bet that he will be more sympathetic than Sonny. Robert can try the case on it's merits -- Sonny beat up Cyrus to a coma.

I appreciate the problems with shooting a hospital scene but don't people who have had back surgery have to lie on their stomachs to heal? Especially with a surgery like that.

Joss: "Problems with your parents can be tough but they're not insurmountable." Joss' privilege blinds her.

I hate how they are writing the Adam story. 70% of young adults reported having mental health difficulties in a recent study so it should be a PSA but Joss is acting like all Adam needs to do it talk to his parents and it will be okay.

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The scene between Diane and Robert exemplifies why I had her in Lawyer Mode. Cyrus because a criminal is irrelevant, Sonny committed a criminal act. And even with Cyrus' record, put him on the stand against Sonny and I'd bet that he will be more sympathetic than Sonny. Robert can try the case on it's merits -- Sonny beat up Cyrus to a coma.

Diane schooling Robert on how Sonny was "a pillar of the community" and "loved by all" was so much bullshit.  Sonny didn't beat Cyrus as he (Cyrus) was in the course of committing a crime, so the whole "he's got a record" is just gross to use as a defense.  Then, again, this is how Diane has always been written--zero ethics or respect for the law. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 7