Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why would he want one with Diane, and yet the show is pushing it. At least Olivia has some kind of moral compass; Diane has none.

The show is pushing it because (IMO): Anna is busy/traumatized and therefore unavailable and Diane is the only woman in his general age group who is educated, capable of an interesting conversation, and who doesn't have a child with Sonny Corinthos.

Yes, Diane gets paid to do a job for Sonny/his family, but are they close friends or co-parents? No. Given Olivia's current and previous personal relationships with such characters as Sonny, Carly, and Johnny Z, and her obvious desire to have an affair with Robert while married to Ned because she was mad at him, I just don't buy that she has a real moral compass.

I don't buy that someone with Robert's life experience would ever be interested in, or have time for, a friendship with "Liv." Literally the only thing they have in common is they are both parents and grandparents. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
tech problems
  • Applause 2
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's always about Sonny. I'm sure he'll somehow make Bobbie's death about him as well. 

I wouldn't be surprised. He didn't hesitate to make Robin's "death" and funeral all about himself, either.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Lois's NYE outfit is an absolute wreck.

Outdone in awfulness only by her makeup.  Yikes.

Will anyone (NINA) point out today that had Drew and Carly done nothing wrong that Nina "turning them in" to the SEC would've amounted to...nothing?  No one?  No one?  OK, as you were--crucify her!

• Like 10
On 12/18/2023 at 5:05 PM, Desperado said:

The tree decorating as a trigger made perfect sense. Good job, show!

Wonder if this means we’ll see Nik again.

Called it.

Have to say, of all the people harping about reporting a crime being worse than the crime, I can see how Sonny as a mobster, would see “the ratting” as a non-negotiable offense.

Love Nina’s black dress, not so much Ava’s fuchsia coat and lipstick.

I really appreciated the JZ flashbacks and having LH, GF, and KS reminisce together. I wish I could’ve watched LW more, but CM was insufferable.

I would love to see Nina helping Carly through her grief and not have them at each other’s throats for a change, sadly I see a Sonny/Carly reunion instead. 🤮

Willow waking up to Michael’s deceit was wonderful though.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Will anyone (NINA) point out today that had Drew and Carly done nothing wrong that Nina "turning them in" to the SEC would've amounted to...nothing? 

She sort of did when she said anybody could have turned them in.  Shockingly that did her no good.

What the heck time was it supposed to be?  Yesterday they already had the fireworks and the Savoy(?) seemed to be closed. yet today, Laura and company were still out and Martin said it was already the New Year in Singapore, implying that it was not yet midnight in PC.  

Also, I remember Tracy saying that she and Bobbie were going to Amsterdam together, but now all of a sudden, Bobbie has been there for months and Tracy had joined her later.  

23 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Willow waking up to Michael’s deceit was wonderful though.

IA but her anger won’t last. She’ll immediately forget about it the moment she hears about Bobbie.

Also, I get CM might not have the same connection to JZ the other cast members do given he recently joined the show but he’s acting was embarrassing today. The inappropriate smiling made the scenes hard to watch. I know they don’t like reshooting scenes but this is one of the times they really should have. 

• Like 4

So did Sonny demand Carly apologize to Nina for hiding the fact she was Willow’s mother? Hell did he apologize to Monica for murdering her son? No? Funny how they can both do heinous things, say they aren’t remotely sorry or feel bad they did it, yet people have to suck it up and let it go but the moment a something is done to them (perceived in this case since Carly chose to commit a crime), others are expected to bow down to them. 

• Applause 15
23 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

While I hate Carly being shoved into everyone's stories, she should be front and center in Bobie's death and I think Laura will kill it.  

I disagree. Lucas (actor Ryan Carnes, not that last recast), Maxie and Felicia and Laura - as far as Bobbie's family is concerned - should be front and center. Carly is Bobbie's biological child, but other than the big storyline back when SB played Carly, Bobbie has only been a babysitter to some of the grandkids and an occasional prop in LW-Carly's storylines.

Whereas Bobbie raised son Lucas almost from birth, Bobbie and Tony saved Maxie's life with the heart transplant and Bobbie and Maxie are still family to each other long after brothers Frisco and Tony are gone from the GH canvas, Felicia and Bobbie still love each as SILs and have an unbreakable bond after 'not Barbara Jean's heart!!" and in the Laura/Genie Francis tribute anniversary episode, there was a line of dialogue that Laura and Bobbie would always consider themselves SILs/family.

I truly, deeply hope the "kids" in Bobbie's life - actors Jonathan Jackson, Kimberly McCullough, and Ryan Carnes will make an effort for a brief return to be a part of the tribute in scenes with current KS Maxie or original RR Maxie if Storms isn't available.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

What a relief that Tracy saw Lucy and Scott together. Their plan is so gross. I wish the writers had more respect for the characters.

1 hour ago, Desperado said:

Have to say, of all the people harping about reporting a crime being worse than the crime, I can see how Sonny as a mobster, would see “the ratting” as a non-negotiable offense.

Yeah, same. I did laugh when Sonny asked Nina if she hated Carly so much that she dropped the dime out of spite. Of course she did! He's seen the animosity between them. And really, "the mother of [his] children" is such a PAB thing to say. Though now Nina is seeing the real Sonny Corinthos—who could teach a master class on pettiness and spite, btw—so maybe that's useful.

The rest of the fallout was pretty much what I expected, though it was good to see Willow be angry with Michael for 10 seconds. 

Sorry, but Sonny has to go to church over this?

Ugh, we got GriefCounselorDrew this episode, trying to help Carly deal with her mother's death. He's so off-putting.

2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

other than the big storyline back when SB played Carly, Bobbie has only been a babysitter to some of the grandkids and an occasional prop in LW-Carly's storylines.

That coincided with the start of Bobbie having a much more minor role on the show in general. We rarely saw her with Lucas even when the character was onscreen.

• Like 3

The scenes with the vets talking about Bobbie and flashbacks with JZ saved the show today. I was remembering back  when Bobbie was jealous of Laura because she wanted Scott for herself.

I also liked Tracy figuring out what Scott and Lucy are up to.

So much to hate today. I knew that i was going to hate all the yelling at Nina scenes but it was even worse to actually see it.

Of course Michael doesn't tell Willow that he was blackmailing Nina.

I know that I'm supposed to feel bad for Carly but the writing did LW no favours.  Bobbie's "medical condition" was type II diabetes, something that a lot of people have and it doesn't prevent them from living. Crying that she didn't know that this was the last time she was going to get to talk to Bobbie -- how many of us know that? I didn't with either of my parents.

Of course Brook Lynn had to tell Tracy that it's Monica's house. Again.

The writer's should have left Nik's return for another episode. There is too much in this one already.

40 minutes ago, Katy M said:

What the heck time was it supposed to be?  Yesterday they already had the fireworks and the Savoy(?) seemed to be closed. yet today, Laura and company were still out and Martin said it was already the New Year in Singapore, implying that it was not yet midnight in PC.  

Singapore is 13 hours ahead of Port Charles so if he doesn't hurry the work day will have ended.;

10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Insisting on Scout going to the school and being oblivious to her not wanting to do it, blowing up this offscreen Australian deal with an anger outburst, plus the failure of Carly/Drew to catch on with fans and what remains of soap press in the 2020s, despite a strong and prolonged push...if I didn't know better, I'd think this was the beginning of a CamMat exit storyline.  

From your fingers to the writers' ears. Unless it sets up a Sonny/Carly reunion. That relationship is dryer than the remnants of my Christmas turkey.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That coincided with the start of Bobbie having a much more minor role on the show in general. We rarely saw her with Lucas even when the character was onscreen.

Yes - Bobbie and Lucas were together the most on-screen in recent years when Lucas was a father and Bobbie was the doting grandma during the baby switch storyline. Even then, the Bobbie-Carly scenes didn't have loving mother daughter depth to them. It was mostly Bobbie being around to say how conniving/untrustworthy/evil Nelle was. 

My point is, the vast majority of JZ's best work and most memorable stories over the years had little or nothing to do with Carly, esp. LW's version. I expect that LW-Carly will be front and center because that's how these execs roll, but it's not accurate to Bobbie's history and it's also a disservice to the memory of JZ's career/legacy on General Hospital. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1

Still waiting for Martin to receive his comeuppance for violating client confidentiality.  And for the Deception debacle, especially since he's Valentine's lawyer, and Valentine (maybe) is still part of Deception.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, we got GriefCounselorDrew this episode, trying to help Carly deal with her mother's death. He's so off-putting.

It was a little odd coming after his big speech about how he can't be nice any more.

17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

ingapore is 13 hours ahead of Port Charles so if he doesn't hurry the work day will have ended.;

If it's not midnight yet, he has plenty of time.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I truly, deeply hope the "kids" in Bobbie's life - actors Jonathan Jackson, Kimberly McCullough, and Ryan Carnes will make an effort for a brief return to be a part of the tribute in scenes with current KS Maxie or original RR Maxie if Storms isn't available.

Ryan Carnes is coming back and there was a Lucky mention. He wanted his number to get in touch with him. So one can only hope, but I find that Lucky being back opens a whole can of worms about his absence, so I don't know . . .

Of course Nina gets yelled at and is forced to apologize for reporting a crime. Yes, it was done out of vengeance, but what Carly did was criminal and Drew sent his own ass to jail. Nina didn't put him there. He chose to fall on his own sword. Too bad he didn't die from the wound.

I hated Carly's dialogue, but I do feel bad for the actors having to live their grief like this. I hope it's cathartic.

Alexis is out celebrating NYE and posting on social media? Really? Alexis on social media? I have a hard time seeing it.

Willow has a moment of clarity. Is she going to figure out that Michael was blackmailing Nina into staying away from her and the kids? Dare I hope her anger lasts more than a minute or is Bobbie's death going to wash away all of that as she goes back to being a stepford wife with no mind and zero spine when it comes to her weasel of a husband? Maybe Sonny should find out how Michael planted Dex in his organization and how they had an incriminating recording of him, or are we supposed to forget all of this happened? 

If we're going to air out dirty laundry like this, then everyone's dirty laundry should be aired out.

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Alexis is out celebrating NYE and posting on social media? Really? Alexis on social media? I have a hard time seeing it.

If it’s Facebook or IG, I could see it because my parents and their friends are very active on SM and post way more than I do. I thought the trope about the older crowd not using SM at all is a little outdated. They usually just take longer to adopt the newer mediums 

• Like 2

Why is Drew the one calling Lucas? Drew really was not the best person for these scenes. 

Good for Laura, Scott and Lucy involved.  Then, Monica, Tracy, Felicia should all been there.  

Nice seeing the Laura, Scott, Lucy and Bobbie flashbacks 

Lois should have to watch the bomb she dropped, Willow and Michael and Sonny and Nina. Since she's so self righteous that Sonny had to know and didn't care for the fallout.

Good for Nina for pointing out Drew wasn't an innocent man.  

Wow Willow gets to be angry at Michael. But for probably only 5 seconds because she'll forgive instantly when she hears about Bobbie.  

• Like 4
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Why is Drew the one calling Lucas?  

Because Jason is unavailable. If not her Jason stand-in, Ms. Brave and Strong relies on Michael.  Directing Michael to call Lucas to let him know his mom is dead is awkward/more hurt piled on after Lucas gave up his son to Michael. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Lois should have to watch the bomb she dropped, Willow and Michael and Sonny and Nina. Since she's so self righteous that Sonny had to know and didn't care for the fallout.

I have no idea if this take will be controversial or not. But, if it wasn't wrong for Nina to "rat" out Drew and carly  (and it wasn't) and it was ultimately Drew and Carly's fault that Drew went to prison (it was), then it's also not Lois's fault that Carly is getting hated on.  Nina is the one who informed the SEC AND who lied to her husband and daughter about it for months.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I know that I'm supposed to feel bad for Carly but the writing did LW no favours.  Bobbie's "medical condition" was type II diabetes, something that a lot of people have and it doesn't prevent them from living. Crying that she didn't know that this was the last time she was going to get to talk to Bobbie -- how many of us know that? I didn't with either of my parents.

Carly and Bobbie made up years ago, they told each other "I love you" on a regular basis, Bobbie was a part of her grandkids' lives, etc. And we had stupid Drewfus telling her Bobbie died peacefully in her sleep.

Being upset her mom died in another country, alone, is reasonable—though Bobbie going to Amsterdam was her choice; Carly had nothing to do with that. The suddenness of the death is worth grieving. 

I wanted Bobbie's death to be the one thing someone couldn't make better for Carly, but the writing is doing just that. (Why did I doubt it wouldn't? Silly me.) Carly is mourning a lot of things that are nonstarters, IMO. 

I'm not describing this well, but the essence is that Carly wins even when her mother dies. I can't with this show.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I was very glad to see the flashbacks we've been given so far.  To all of the other veterans who will mourn Bobbie, I would add Anna and Robert.  I'm old enough to remember that they were close enough to have asked Bobbie (and then husband Jake) to raise Robin in the event of their demise.  Via Luke, Bobbie was also very close with Holly once upon a time.  

Reminiscing about the Brownstone days (above), reminded me of Bobbie's step-daughter Terri, with whom she was very close.  Wonder what ever happened with that?

Glad Tracy is on to Scott.  At least that might be some fun for JE to play.  If they don't make it fun or interesting for her, I'm afraid the best actress on the show might leave.

Nina/SEC story has been a snooze right along, and remains one.  Choosing to pair its denouement with Bobbie's death makes me think the writers see it that way too.

So was the reappearance of Nicholas.  Even MW seemed less invested than usual.

Am amazed that all of those old people are still awake.  The last few times I celebrated NYE with friends, we rang it in at 9 PM, when it was midnight somewhere in the mid-Atlantic.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Why is Drew the one calling Lucas?

I think that would originally have been JOsslyn, but with Eden out because of her mother's passing, they gave it to Drew. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
58 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I think that would originally have been JOsslyn, but with Eden out because of her mother's passing, they gave it to Drew. 

I would’ve preferred Olivia, whom I can’t even stand, but they had to have the SEC crap hit the fan at the same time.

Edited by Desperado
13 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I would’ve preferred Olivia, whom I can even stand, but they had to have the SEC crap hit the fan at the same time.

Which just goes to show how little friends Carly actually has.  Although it could also have been Sam since they're friendly now, but if it was shot at the same time as KM was out and LH was subbing it wouldn't have had the same impact I guess.  

• Like 3

I love that Port Charles apparently has multiple time zones, where it's the middle of the night in one part of town and in another Laura and Kevin are eating dinner. 

Is Nina 12 and is Sonny her father?  Who the fuck is he to order her to go apologize?  And somehow he has decided that it's Nina's fault that Michael knew and didn't tell?  He's really not very bright (newsflash!).

Loved the Bobbie flashbacks, lol'd that the pic Carly was clutching was from her wedding to Jason, glad Nikolas is back if only to move the story, hated Ava's lipstick, and am thrilled Tracy is onto Scotty and Lucy. 

• Like 8
(edited)

I actually think that, by GH shaming standards, Nina got off lightly. Sonny didn't throw any barware around, and he didn't yell all that much. And Nina seemed to feel like he wanted Carly to yell at Nina just so they could have it be over with. Even Willow didn't stand there and lecture her (much). 

The main thing I'm dreading is that, just when things start to simmer down, Chase will bring up the video of Nina seeing Ned slip by the pool. 

Finally, Michael really was a SLS when he compared his secret to Willow's.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Desperado said:

Called it.

Although, and ironically,  by his very use of the word, he's acknowledging that the "rattees" did something wrong. 

How come nobody's at the Savoy?? On New Year's Eve?? Even if it's already past midnight in that portion of Port Charles, there should either be some partiers around or some staff trying to clean up.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

then it's also not Lois's fault that Carly is getting hated on.

Do you mean that Nina is getting hated on?

The irony that Lois told what Nina did and that's considered a good thing, and Nina also told what Carly and Drew did and that's considered a very bad thing, is not lost on me.

11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, Diane gets paid to do a job for Sonny/his family, but are they close friends or co-parents?

Robert has a soft spot for women who bend morality and occasionally do what is wrong (see: Holly; Anna)  but at least they had a moral code. Diane is amoral, she has no sense of right and wrong, only what she can get away with. Pushing Alexis into Neal's arms cost them both their professional credentials but Diane has no regrets. That's why I can't see Robert with her in anything other than a FWB relationship.

(Was Neal's out-of-nowhere drug use ever resolved or was it just dropped?)

I understand why the mayor should use social media more, she does need to get re-elected after all but my social media feed yesterday had a post from Sandy Garrossino at the National Observer  newspaper advising people to limit personal information on SM.

1 hour ago, jacourt said:

Oh no!  Is it foreshadowing that Carly was holding a picture with Jason in it ?  Please, may I be wrong. 

Hopefully Burton doesn't come back. I don't see anything that Jason could add. At all.

But it would not be surprising at all that they would get rid of CM to bring back the Real Jason

• Like 3
17 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m not surprised that Carly is going to take center stage and it does make technically sense but the Carly/Bobbie relationship didn’t interest me in the slightest and I associate it with Bobbie’s end as a main character. Also, her only storyline with Carly was with SJB’s version so I can’t imagine any interesting flashbacks. With LW‘s Carly, she basically got brought out a few times a year to either be a talk to or fill out a room at an event.

This is a good point. I think GH viewers' intensity of feeling about Bobbie will depend on when they started watching. To someone who started watching in the '70s, '80s, or '90s, she's a major figure in the show's history. For someone who started watching in the '00s, '10s, or '20s (if anyone has in the '20s), she's (1) Carly's mother, (2) Luke's sister.  

It's awful, but I think the loss of Epiphany will hit harder for those 21st-century-only GH viewers. They only saw Bobbie once in a while, and they have a vague sense she was involved in big stories before their time.   

I do remember Bobbie having her own stories, and it was like a switch got flipped after Wendy Riche left, late 2000/early 2001. The last story she was really at the center of was the triangle with Roy DiLucca and Melissa Bedford, and even that was largely about attempting to establish Jensen Buchanan (a Friend of Jill) as a GH leading lady.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
(edited)

First: Bobbie's "acceptance and love changed ME"???!!! The fuck it did. Shebeast turned into a more narcissistic, tone deaf, harridan of a monster. So FUCK OFF whoever wrote those lines, because they do NOT line up with the character.

I was expecting more scenes with Bobbie based on the comments I'd read here yesterday. While they were nice, I was expecting the nasty Bobbie showing up and fading/transitioning to a heartfelt moment of the Bobbie we (those who have watched since she first showed up-like me) knew and loved with Laura. Maybe we'll get more with Felicia and Monica, and LIZ. Bobbie was a rock and so wonderful the night Liz was raped. And when Monica had her breast cancer.

A Lucky mention! But I daren't hope Jonathan shows up. But maybe he will, just like he did for Geary when he was leaving the show. I'm hoping Geary will also be a surprise cameo as Luke, because he loved Jackie.

UGH. We have THUG Nik? Guess they won't be recasting a different actor after all.

SHUDDUP, Mooby.

I'm also hoping that Kimberly will also show up. I know this was back when soaps had money, but when Tom Horton died on Days (MacDonald Carey  died), EVERYONE came for his funeral-original actors that had left, to show love. Frank should just say "fuck it" and just show the original scenes with Sarah and just pretend like it's Cold Case-person looks (played by different actors) with a gap of 12-20 years. But he'd probably have to pay her.

I hope we also get a phone call from Frisco and a Jake mention. I'm sooo greedy. And I don't wanna hear about how I have to be fair.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

I hope Monica gets a scene reacting to Bobbie’s passing but I don’t expect her at the funeral. Large group scenes typically have long taping days and LC looked like she was struggling the last time we saw her so I can’t imagine she’d be able to participate 

• Like 4

First of all Happy New Years to everyone!  I tuned in when I heard it was finally going to be the Bobbie death story.

Things that made me chuckle:

when BL said "Scott Baldwin" and Tracey said not to call him by both names

when Lucy suggested Scott give Tracey edibles in Las Vegas

at the table with Laura, Kevin , Lucy, and Scott : the who has been married (coupled) to whom including Bobbie gave me a sore neck.

Lots of bomb shells at once, putting Sonny in a position for MB's most awful acting, YIKES!  run Nina run.

Love the old flashbacks and looking forward to more, everyone was so young!!!(unlike us 😆🤣😝)

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Too bad no one who had any degree of self-reflection was there when Sonny accused Nina of "ratting" out Carly and Drew out of "spite". Isn't spite the reason that most of them have been doing anything? Michael spying and planning to "rat out" Sonny out of spite, Michael blackmailing Nina out of spite, Drew and Michael freezing out Ned out of spite, Carly holding back information about Willow's parentage out of spite, and on and on...

Again, everyone glossed over the fact that Carly and Drew did actually commit a crime, although to be fair, you can't expect Sonny the mobster to find fault in that. Everyone else should at least acknowledge it, though.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, jacourt said:

Oh no!  Is it foreshadowing that Carly was holding a picture with Jason in it ?  Please, may I be wrong. 

Well, SBu has left DOOL, so...

• Sad 4

I said I'd start back watching if the show pursued Tracy/Gregory.

Now I hear they are toying with Tracy/Scott again, and Gregory kissed Alexis !?

Nothing against Kin Shriner, but poor Jane Elliot.

Most of all though, poor Gregory. 

I don't even want to know why this about face happened. 

What a shame.

55 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I said I'd start back watching if the show pursued Tracy/Gregory.

Now I hear they are toying with Tracy/Scott again, and Gregory kissed Alexis !?

Nothing against Kin Shriner, but poor Jane Elliot.

Most of all though, poor Gregory. 

I don't even want to know why this about face happened. 

What a shame.

I don't think they're seriously toying with Tracy/Scott. It's a plot that Lucy devised to get back everything Tracy 'took' from her. But now that Tracy saw the photo of Scott/Lucy at the bar, she knows Scott isn't truly interested in her and it's all an act. It might provide some much-needed laughs as Tracy plays along for a little while, but that's likely to be the end of it.

I see no romantic chem between Alexis and Gregory and would have loved a Tracy/Gregory pairing. TE just has a way of elevating everyone she shares a scene with, and I enjoy watching Tracy and Gregory together. Although to be fair, if he's truly dying, does Tracy really need to endure a second death of a romantic partner?

• Like 4

why does Sonny need to go to church after Nina's confession? There's no barware to throw. Unless maybe he'll just knock down the Christmas tree? 

And now that Cyrus is there, is it too much to hope Cyrus knocks him on his ass? I'd suggest Cyrus remind him of all his own sins, but we know Sonny doesn't acknowledge them. Only those committed against him.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

If there was ever an episode of GH to skip, it was this one. Willow yelling at Michael was enjoyable for about 5 seconds but that was it.

I wish that I hadn't watched.

Everyone yelling at Nina was awful and there is more to come. I don't feel sorry at all for Carly because of her behaviour. I'm sure the Carly stans loved it though.

For a while, Sonny/Nina was rootable. Sonny's behaviour today with both Nina and Cyrus has ruined that.

Joss: "[Bobbie] was our rock. What will we do without her?" (Maybe expect your mother to grow up?)

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

Today had some really gross dialogue. The main ones being Drew telling Nina he wishes she wasn’t a woman so he could hit her and Carly telling her why she gets to live and Bobbie died. I’m paraphrasing but I thought those were both in very poor taste

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
Just now, ffwbe said:

Today had some really gross dialogue. The main ones being Drew telling Nina he wishes she wasn’t a woman so he could hit her and Carly telling her why she gets to live and Bobbie died. I’m paraphrasing but I thought those were both in very poor taste

Now I'm really wishing that Sri Rao could have written the Jackie/Bobbie scenes.

And it's such par for the course with these hacks.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

You know, I loved Sonny back in the day (the Brenda era), but seeing a seething 60-something man act like this is just ... sad. I really can't stand the character now. Grow up, Sonny.

Then there's Carly The Saint who can commit an actual crime and still end up the victim alongside Drew acting like violence is the answer to everything, too bad he can't do it whenever he wants.

And then you have Nikolas wanting to destroy the mother of his kid, who was manipulated by serial killer parents and Michael controlling everything about his wife and being shocked she's mad.

The men on this show are trash.

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 6

Who thought it was a good idea to run the SEC reveal and Bobbie’s death at the same time? I already thought it was dumb when I assumed that they were going to keep it from Carly for a couple months and we’d see the drama between Sonny and Nina play out first. This was a mind numbingly crappy decision from the writers. All it does for me is take away any sympathy I have for Carly after her loss since she clearly isn’t the good person she claimed Bobbie’s influence has made her. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
20 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

If I were Nina I wouldn't have gone to apologize to Drew and Carly.  I would have maybe tried to talk to Willow and then just run off to parts unknown.  She's just going to be persecuted in that town.

• Like 5