Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Fellaway said:
22 hours ago, Desperado said:

So Kristina and TJ will have a fully biological child and Molly… will not. I'm seeing a storyline coming and don't like it. 

I kept waiting for someone to address that really obvious and huge elephant in the room, but... nothin'.

We did get Alexis and Jordan exchanging A Look. I don't think that was the right time to make it an issue, but someone at some point needs to say something. I'd think the doctor doing the insemination want to talk to everyone before the procedure.

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kristina is bipolar.

They gave Sonny's bipolarity to Morgan, but that doesn't mean another kid can't develop it. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 12/23/2023 at 6:29 AM, TVbitch said:

As if I don't already have tendonitis from fast-forwarding Curtis, now I am looking at six plus months of FFing the pained yearning glances between Stella and Marshall. Between them, Violet, and the Bensonhurst broads yammering, this show is gonna put me in a wrist brace! 

I wondered if it’s just because I was a week+ behind or just being impatient, but I fast forwarded more than usual these last 8-10 episodes: Violet in a funk (well, Violet period), Anna/Valentin iteration #825, Portia making pissy face around or about Spencer, Spinelli….

Boy, that Stella/Marshall scene took a turn.  I was actually enjoying the playful chemistry between the performers, then to say it turned awkward is a huge understatement.  I assume with prime time returning to work, we’ll be seeing less of VW soon so this may go on for months.

On 12/23/2023 at 8:35 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

Love that JE rises above even the most pedestrian material she's given. Far and away the cast's best actor, bar none.

And how.  I don’t find the writing of constant insulting, snotting, and sniping even remotely entertaining but steadfastly refuse to FF JE’s scenes because…it’s JE. 

19 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought too they might be headed there in the early days of the youth center storyline, when Kristina’s portrayal seemed to border on manic. 

Ava’s response to Sonny’s request to bring the gun over on Christmas Day (“that’s not very festive!”) was a highlight of those scenes.

I was pretty pleasantly surprised by Cyrus being in the confessional booth, as that’s some of the “soapy” I’ve been hoping for.  JK has really good chemistry with all of his scene partners, so I welcome Cyrus’ being shoehorned into some new plot lines.  

I know Aiden’s been on infrequently of late - and that Becky Herbst is quite petite - but seeing the same actor playing him suddenly be ~six feet tall definitely caused me to do a double-take!

• Like 8
On 12/24/2023 at 8:23 AM, nilyank said:

I mean they should be turning 30 in a couple of years. They would collecting social security any minute now.

They better apply for their AARP memberships right away!

• LOL 3

The priest is still alive, the Cyrus character can live another day! His advice to Nina wasn’t bad, even if it was completely self-serving.

I hate the fact that Nina rambled on tried to tell Carly the truth and she reacted by acting sh*tty, a repetition of Nina trying to tell her Sonny was alive. Rinse, repeat. Yuck.

Not sure why so many people had to head over to Wyndemere to… pick up a red glove. Ho, ho, ho.

Disappointed in the Esmé dénouement. Ditch the other glove, E!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/24/2023 at 8:31 PM, Fellaway said:

Anyone here think Kristina is gonna be able to disconnect herself from her biological child? Anyone?

I posted this on reddit - People had a documentary/interview thingy with Cynthia & Brittney Daniel (The sweet valley twins) Brittney had cancer and couldn't get pregnant so Cynthia donated her egg to her sister and husband so they could have a baby. Cynthia had said it wasn't even a debate to do it for her sister - but they both wondered if they could look at the baby differently. but Cynthia said the moment she saw that baby she just felt love for her niece (she didn't feel anything like 'this was mine', and Britney felt instant love for her baby and it didn't feel awkward for any of the people involved). 

i'd have to imagine that's how ... most people feel? 

so naturally the show is gonna go HAM on Kristina feeling that this kid is hers. 

14 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I hate the fact that Nina rambled on tried to tell Carly the truth and she reacted by acting sh*tty, a repetition of Nina trying to tell her Sonny was alive. Rinse, repeat. Yuck.

my kingdom for someone to call Carly on this. 
I feel sorry for y'all, i saw the previews for the week. try not to sprain your eyeballs too hard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Trina asking what Esme wanted while Spencer was on the phone with her and jumping in was rude. Just stay out of things and let Spencer have the conversation. 

Spencer side of his DNA?  Spencer has no Spencer DNA.  

• Like 5

Christmas in Port Charles and only the mobsters go to church.  

Really liked Nina's coat.  Not everyone could pull it off, but CW looks good in pretty much everything they give her to wear.

Two minutes of exposition from Esme.  I liked that she found Ryan's grave, but wished she'd more gradually gained insights, maybe by working through things with Kevin.  Whose very visage might now trigger her.  So soapy.

Poor Dante, now relegated to responding to residential burglar alarms.  I wish they'd at least give some back story, like maybe he's been assigned to all things Spoon Island because of all of the mysterious, and unsolved, crimes associated with it.

This is from last week, but I'm still wondering.  She's not a member of PCPD, and she supposedly retired from the WSB.  So by what authority does Anna hold a gun on anyone, standing next to an active member of the PCPD?  Not to mention she is still the subject of an investigation into the shooting of a juvenile.  And I love Anna.  But, really, show.

• Like 4

Why put on such a depressing episode at Christmas?

CW and JK knocked their scene out of the par but don't listen to 'the priest' Nina! I was trying to figure out why Cyrus would care and then I remembered that he hates Sonny.

I have gone from being a Sprina shipper to checking my email when they're on and it's because of the way that they are writing Trina. "Maybe Esme's not being generous, maybe she has a date." was very ungracious. Who has a date on Christmas Eve especially when it is your baby's first Christmas? I can understand why Trina feels that way but it's really making me dislike her.

And then we see Esme alone on Christmas Eve at the grave of her psycho father. And alone again on Christmas Day. Nice empathy there from Nik's family.

Trina is 22 (23?). Portia and Curtis should understand if she'd rather spend the night with her boyfriend than opening a present with her parents. I hate the way they infantalize Trina.

53 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Ditch the other glove, E!

I was trying to remember if the police had her DNA on file. Probably so she's out of luck here.

On 12/24/2023 at 10:01 PM, ciarra said:

They can and do write anything that they want but BPAD usually comes on in the late teens and twenties so it would be rather late for Kristina. Kristina strikes me as more ADHD than bipolar but  there is a significant comorbidity so maybe.

21 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

And how.  I don’t find the writing of constant insulting, snotting, and sniping even remotely entertaining but steadfastly refuse to FF JE’s scenes because…it’s JE.

I hated the scenes of the Brooklyn Twins mocking and snubbing senior citizen Tracy in her own home. That was disgusting. If they wanted to show the children how to celebrate Christmas, they should model that the gracious thing to do is to let everyone celebrate in the way they feel most comfortable (provided it's not X-rated) instead of forcing everyone to do it they way they want it

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Desperado said:

NIna asked for forgiveness from Carly and refuses to understand that she is not entitled to get that forgiveness from Carly. In the same way, that Nina refused to forgive Carly, she should understand how some things would be hard to get over.

Nina immediately gets angry because Carly won't forgive her. Nina doesn't really care about Carly. She should have told Sonny who loves her (much to my disgust) and Willow who would be easier to get forgiveness from.

In any case, I want Cyrus to get a big, flashing billboard that says Nina called the SEC and point it out to Sonny with a big, huge evil grin as he does it.

Off on Spoon Island, I would hope that Dante had better things to do than a crime that looks like a bunch of kids breaking into the place. Nothing was stolen, broken (except a window) and no body was harmed. This can't even be tied into his investigations on Pikeman, the crooked WSB, Anna's stalkers and who shot Curtis. Dante also has no idea that Ava is being stalked by the person who killed Austin. No need for CSI but I am sure the PCPD will get Esme's dna lifted off that glove. It would have been better if the glove was a gift from Laura to Esme and the mayor confronts her later privately.

With Esme getting her memories, we can eliminate her the person sending Ava all those things linking to Austin's murder as amenesia Esme had little interests/interactions with Ava.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Trina is 22 (23?). Portia and Curtis should understand if she'd rather spend the night with her boyfriend than opening a present with her parents. I hate the way they infantalize Trina.

i still get crap from my extended family (less and less each year, thankfully) that i want to spend zero time w/them during Christmas (or any other holiday to be honest). and I'm much older than Trina. and that's when i want to be by myself. I could only imagine if i said i wanted to spend it with my boyfriend lol

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1

I'm trying so hard to be invested in something, anything really but there's nothing holding my attention. Why is it still Christmas Eve? Why is everything so boring?

The only thing that held my interest was when Cyrus was in the confessional with Nina, nothing to do with TFGH but instead I thought of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, the scene where Angelus was in the confessional with human Drusilla imitating a priest hearing her sins before he turned her into a vampire. It was kinda cool since JK was a vampire (and warlock) on Buffy.

It's a sad thing when you're watching a show and all you can think of is a show that's been off the air for decades.

• Like 8

I felt bad for the actors today talking about Bobbie and smiling widely about her and looking forward to her being back in PC knowing that they are setting up the farewell episodes. I had no use for Bobbie, but JZ is a different matter.

• Like 8
On 12/23/2023 at 7:29 AM, TVbitch said:

Wyndemere really needs to get ADT or something.

I stand corrected. Apparently Wydemere DOES have ADT ...and I guess Dante works there. 😂 I suppose now he will ask the police lab to fast track a DNA test on a mitten he found at the scene of a window smash of a vacant building. And the lab will just do it, cuz, Dante. He works more off book for Sonny, Anna and Laura these days then he does for the police, and I hate it.

I agree with others that the show is super boring at this point. I think it's cuz they just have everyone acting so dumb and annoying and repetitive.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

"Maybe Esme's not being generous, maybe she has a date." was very ungracious. Who has a date on Christmas Eve especially when it is your baby's first Christmas? I can understand why Trina feels that way but it's really making me dislike her.

It was a dumb thing to say, and so obviously manipulative. She is her mother's daughter. Spencer doesn't need it from both sides. Also, Trina has to accept that Esmé will always be in Spencer's life as long as Spencer wants to be in Ace's life. Trina doesn't have to like it, but don't actively be an asshole.

I wish they'd have Nina just spit it out that she called the SEC instead of making a 10-minute preamble that anybody would cut off. But Carly's one to talk about Nina getting everything she ever wanted. Carly never loses!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But Carly's one to talk about Nina getting everything she ever wanted. Carly never loses!

And are they rewriting history with Carly saying Nina got "everything she wanted" and including the MetroCourt.  Because that's literally not how it was written, but of course let's have Carlyy accuse Nina of essentially stealing the hotel from her, regardless of the facts.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

For all that Carly keeps accusing Nina of acting the victim, Carly herself is a master of revisionist history.  Carly accused Nina of stealing Sonny when Sonny wanted to eep their marriage and it was Carly's decision to divorce him.  Carly also accused Nina of taking the MetroCourt from her when Carly was the one who lost money insider trading and Nina offered to give it back to her for free. Every time Carly accuses Nina of playing the victim, it's really just projecting.

6 hours ago, nilyank said:

NIna asked for forgiveness from Carly and refuses to understand that she is not entitled to get that forgiveness from Carly. In the same way, that Nina refused to forgive Carly, she should understand how some things would be hard to get over.

I don't know if at this point Nina would refuse to forgive Carly if Carly were genuinely sorry for what she did to Nina and asked Nina to forgive her. We probably will never know since Carly is completely unrepentant for anything and everything she did to Nina, and even told someone (Drew? Michael?) that she would do it again if she had the chance.

Nina's actions come from her pain: going to court to be able to see Wylie. phoning Carly from Nixon Falls to tell her that Sonny is alive and then not saying it when Carly attacked her, phoning the SEC after finding out that Carly had hid the truth about Willow from her.. Carly's come from her sense of superiority and a desire to punish people she doesn't like.

I wish that the show didn't put the criminal on a pedestal and make the person who reported it the villain. Carly was the one who committed a crime. not Nina.

It's the Christmas episodes and we watch unhappy people being punished and are asked to side with those who aren't willing to forgive. Do better, show.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2

There is no storm.  Ava is still paying the electrical bill.  Why wander around in the dark?  Find a light switch, you morons.

Then Dante might actually see that the teeny tiny red glove belongs to a woman, rather than Nik.  I'm sure he'll find the owner, eventually.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
7 hours ago, JMO said:

Two minutes of exposition from Esme. 

I spent the whole scene fully expecting it to end in what my mom would’ve called an “overhearance” by someone lurking in the shrubs.  But yes - her seeing Kevin and mistaking him for Ryan might be some soapy goodness.  

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish they'd have Nina just spit it out that she called the SEC instead of making a 10-minute preamble that anybody would cut off.

Right?!?! I can’t believe the writers would think that any rational viewer was going to expect the big bad secret to come out in that scene, particularly with Cyrus having just become privy to it.  So a waste of a good chunk of an episode unless one enjoys seeing Carly go off.

The wormhole to Spoon Island was in full effect today.  Laura and Sonny were at the door before Carly could get to the hospital elevator leaving the same scene.  

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And then we see Esme alone on Christmas Eve at the grave of her psycho father. And alone again on Christmas Day. Nice empathy there from Nik's family.

Also, where did Esme get that nonsense about Christmas Eve - My Birthday!!!! - being the "loneliest day of the year?"  Aaargh.

Other than that, I thought her graveside monologue was pretty good. Her reasons for keeping mum on regaining her memory were well-thought-out and actually made sense.

• Like 8
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's the Christmas episodes and we watch unhappy people being punished and are asked to side with those who aren't willing to forgive. Do better, show.

I know! I don't need a sappy "It's a Christmas miracle!" kind of episode, but give me a breather from Carly acting sanctimonious, Nina being beaten down, Sonny berating Ava, etc. (Though that stuff is pretty much 24/7.) At least we were spared seeing Michael's pissy face for a day.

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Then Dante might actually see that the teeny tiny red glove belongs to a woman, rather than Nik. 

Dante did—Laura was the one grasping at straws that the glove was Nik's. Which, come on, Laura. A red knit glove isn't Nik's style, even if it were in a man's size.

• Like 10

Carly: “I've invited you to family gatherings and stood there while Wiley gives you a hug and a kiss and I bit my tongue till it bled”

First, I don’t recall Carly ever inviting Nina to a family gathering but ignoring that, how miserable is she that Wiley liking his other grandmother makes her that angry? Like she truly thinks it’s normal to expect everyone in her life hate everyone she does. It’s unreal

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Laura was the one grasping at straws that the glove was Nik's. Which, come on, Laura. A red knit glove isn't Nik's style, even if it were in a man's size.

I kind of thought that Laura recognized the glove as Esme's, and was tossing out a red herring to Dante.  Maybe Laura even gave Esme the gloves? 

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Carly: “I've invited you to family gatherings and stood there while Wiley gives you a hug and a kiss and I bit my tongue till it bled”

First, I don’t recall Carly ever inviting Nina to a family gathering but ignoring that, how miserable is she that Wiley liking his other grandmother makes her that angry? Like she truly thinks it’s normal to expect everyone in her life hate everyone she does. It’s unreal

Carly is a psycho. If anyone ever wanted proof.

• Like 7
  • Applause 8
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

ummmmm.  I wanna say... the birthday party where Willow and Michael were doing the nasty in the gatehouse and Chase was about to go up the stairs and catch them in the afterglow. [you know like a Good Soap woulda done]. but that was via Skype.. 

After that moment. the only other time I remember someone biting their tongue was Willow when Wiley saw Nina talking to Crimson at the christmas festival thingerbopper. 

the rest of the time Nina was forbodden to be near Wiley until it wasn't, and she went to the wedding so what is she talking about. 

and honestly that should have been the moment where Nina goes "why would it make you angry that OUR grandson loves me too."  like you said. this Wiley's BIOLOGICAL grandmother. I can sort of see it if it was just a step-mother kind of issue (don't agree with it but i can get it). but come on. 

I am tired of this nonsense. like even the comments on the trailer. made me roll my eyes the reason why the SEC Was involved was because the sec WOULD have been involved regardless of the phonecall. the phonecall was the exclamation point not the beginning of the sentence. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6

This would have been such an easy case for the SEC. Carly is no financial genius and would not have taken steps to disguise her stock market activities. She bought those stocks in her own name - she probably thinks a shell company makes blouses - and all the SEC would have had to do was look into who was buying all that Aurora stock. The SEC would have barely needed to investigate.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

This would have been such an easy case for the SEC. Carly is no financial genius and would not have taken steps to disguise her stock market activities. She bought those stocks in her own name - she probably thinks a shell company makes blouses - and all the SEC would have had to do was look into who was buying all that Aurora stock. The SEC would have barely needed to investigate.  

exactly. and it's just driving me insane that they are focusing on "WHO MADE THE CALL?! WHO SENT DREW TO PRISON." DREW sent himself to prison because he decided to plead guilty. WHO made the call makes no difference because as we've been saying the SEC would have been on this on white on rice. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 7

And it would have been reported by the Aurora shareholders who lost a lot of money when the stock crashed after they bought it at Carly's inflated prices.

I'm glad to see that Felicia has a brain and has figured out why Cody is lying about his paternity.

On the other hand, how stupid is Lucy? Tracy is not so desperate to fall for Scott because she has lost Luke. At least I hope she isn't.

In other not-news, Alexis misses being a lawyer.

I liked Brook Lynn defending Tracy. Also the day player who is Gregory's new doctor.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

At least we were spared seeing Michael's pissy face for a day.

It's a Christmas miracle.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
Just now, statsgirl said:

And it would have been reported by the Aurora shareholders who lost a lot of money when the stock crashed after they bought it at Carly's inflated prices.

Not a word in all these months about the people who lost money because of Drew and Carly's crime.  That's not as important as the person who tipped off the SEC. /eyeroll

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Not a word in all these months about the people who lost money because of Drew and Carly's crime.  That's not as important as the person who tipped off the SEC. /eyeroll

they are okay with it because Carly was helping Michael. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

After that moment. the only other time I remember someone biting their tongue was Willow when Wiley saw Nina talking to Crimson at the christmas festival thingerbopper. 

I'm sorry, but Nina was talking to who? Crimson is her company. Or do you mean Willow was biting her tongue when she saw Wiley talking to Nina?

Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm sorry, but Nina was talking to who? Crimson is her company. Or do you mean Willow was biting her tongue when she saw Wiley talking to Nina?

someone at Crimson . name never mentioned so just. "Crimson lackey" Then Wiley saw her and screamed GRAMMA" and tackle hugged her and Willow was kinda pissy. and she was telling Michael and they were all like GUH i wish Nina would stay away even though Nina was there first. 

27 minutes ago, Daisy said:

someone at Crimson . name never mentioned so just. "Crimson lackey" Then Wiley saw her and screamed GRAMMA" and tackle hugged her and Willow was kinda pissy. and she was telling Michael and they were all like GUH i wish Nina would stay away even though Nina was there first. 

Oh okay. I was confused because the “at” was missing.

3 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Yeah, but then Nina wouldn't be the ultimatest baddest bad person that ever walked in PC.

This whole story is making me ragey (OK, probably not, but at least annoyed).

1. Everybody just assumes Ned did it.  No matter how much he protests his innocence. No matter the fact that Ned has always been the one holding that family together.  No matter that assuming is always bad. And no matter that someone was always floating a possibility (Sonny's enemies) that had to be shot down, because it had to the Evil Ned.

2. Regardless of whether it was Ned or not, Carly's (and to a lesser extent, Drew's) insistence that it was the whistleblower who was at fault. No, they never once accused said whistleblower of fabricating evidence, ergo, they did the crime and thus their fault.  

3. Nina is being a moron not just fessing up.  Yes, I know, she finally tried to, but Carly's medical condition of not being able to keep her mouth shut prevented her from doing so. But, she should have told Sonny long ago.  And Willow. She's married to Sonny and trying to forge a relationship with Willow and she has to know that one day this will blow up in her face.

On another note, I'm glad someone on the show brought up what I've been saying about NY surrogacy laws all along.  The thing I don't understaand was why Alexis didn't bring this up with the other surroagate.  I was quite sure they were using her egg, unless they've retconned that and they now used a donor egg with her.

And, Alexis's solution for adoption still didn't solve the problem, because Molly can't adopt the baby until it's born.  Until then, Kristina could (and I'm not saying she would, but this seemed to be Alexis's fear) assert her right to that child.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Not to mention, if the feds are so determined to get Sonny, there should be some sort of informal (or formal, what do I know) flag put on transactions made by anyone connected to him. There shouldn't have to be someone like Nina making a phone all to the SEC about his ex-wife. (I know that part of the story has pretty much been dropped, but if Carly is going to harp on about blame, it has to be a part of it.) But no, Nina is OMG TEH EVUL!1! here. Or will be, if the news ever gets out to PC at large.

What happened to KSt that Maxie has a temp recast?

I'm sick of Lucy whining about losing Deception. No one held a gun to her head to give up her share. She did it, albeit it reluctantly, knowing the score. That crack about Tracy having nothing to do since Luke died was cruel enough that if I were Tracy, I'd fire Lucy on the spot. Ugh. Lucy is tiresome, and I usually have a decent tolerance for her and her shenanigans.

The surrogacy rules are also to protect the potential kid. I wish Alexis had been able to gently pointed that out.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

On the other hand, how stupid is Lucy? Tracy is not so desperate to fall for Scott because she has lost Luke. At least I hope she isn't.

The only way I see this happening is if Tracy is drugged or otherwise incapacitated.

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The only way I see this happening is if Tracy is drugged or otherwise incapacitated.

Well that is how she got married to Luke in first place.

Lucy was not wrong that Luke first hooked up with Tracy as a means for easy money. He got her got drunk and then married in Vegas. While Luke would grow to have affection and even love for Tracy, his primary interests in her were mercenary.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 12/26/2023 at 4:31 PM, nilyank said:

I didn't see Nina's request for forgiveness as entitled. She was asking, not demanding. And as hard as it was for her, she expressed a willingness to forgive the woman she feels played a part in Nell's death. Instead, in typical fashion, having truly heard nothing Nina said, Carly threw it back in Nina's face.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
43 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

I didn't see Nina's request for forgiveness as entitled. She was asking, not demanding. And as hard as it was for her, she expressed a willingness to forgive the woman she feels played a part in Nell's death. Instead, in typical fashion, having truly heard nothing Nina said, Carly threw it back in Nina's face.

Nina is delusional. Carly did not cause Nelle to die. She tried trying saving Nelle and unfortunately for Nelle, Carly was unable to pull/hold onto Nelle. Despite everything that Nelle did to Carly and her family, Carly felt badly what happened on the cliff as she clearly stated to Jax in confidence when they were alone and Nina overheard theri entire conversation.

Lucy wasn't wrong, Luke love of his life was not Tracy.  

Alexis isn't wrong either she sees a disaster coming a mile away.  An issue that also should be pointed out is that this child will be Sonny's grandchild. Making it a target. The bipolar also.  

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Lucy wasn't wrong, Luke love of his life was not Tracy.  

I don't hate Luke and Tracy as a couple and thought it was a great "second chapter love" to write, but I wanted Tracy to find a new love and ride into the sunset with him, as Luke is too much of a user, even if I thought he did love Tracy. 

• Like 6

What a pleasant episode as it gave some characters some breathing space.

Quite the contrast from yesterday's argument between Carly and Nina (the one between two visitors that took place on a hospital floor on Christmas).  LW seemed one notch on the rage scale away from laying hands on Nina, whereas today LH was even more brutal, but seemingly, even the threat of physical violence was not present.  And this is from someone who has never had much patience with Lucy Coe.

Scottie and Tracy scenes might be great fun - even more than they entertained me back in the 1970s.

Yeah nothing is much deeper than the bond between sisters... except for the bond between the mother and her child.

Chase should attempt his second hot yoga class.  Some random older guy with a cane coming to his first hot yoga class  would be signing some waivers, to include one stating that his physician approves.  Still, glad that hot yoga was mentioned - much more welcomed than the mob stuff. Ymmv.

• Like 1
On 12/26/2023 at 5:37 PM, TVbitch said:

I stand corrected. Apparently Wydemere DOES have ADT ...and I guess Dante works there. 😂 I suppose now he will ask the police lab to fast track a DNA test on a mitten he found at the scene of a window smash of a vacant building. And the lab will just do it, cuz, Dante. He works more off book for Sonny, Anna and Laura these days then he does for the police, and I hate it.

I agree with others that the show is super boring at this point. I think it's cuz they just have everyone acting so dumb and annoying and repetitive.

And that’s quite a hit for the PCPD.  As they only appear to have about a dozen people working for them.  This includes the administrative staff.

11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Nina is delusional. Carly did not cause Nelle to die. She tried trying saving Nelle and unfortunately for Nelle, Carly was unable to pull/hold onto Nelle. Despite everything that Nelle did to Carly and her family, Carly felt badly what happened on the cliff as she clearly stated to Jax in confidence when they were alone and Nina overheard theri entire conversation.

Well, to be fair, it's not like Nina was there to see what happened.  Carly's hatred of Nelle was public knowledge and even Jax who saw part of it and said he believed Carly couldn't with absolute certainty say that she didn't push her.  And, she did lock her out overnight on the freezing hospital roof overnight.

It's not much, if any, different from Michael and Carly assuming that Ned turned them into the SEC just because he had motive.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
15 hours ago, Katy M said:

I was quite sure they were using her egg, unless they've retconned that and they now used a donor egg with her.

They've retconned it.  They very definitely said they were using Andrea's egg but now are saying that it was a donor egg which puts Molly/Kristina back to the bottom of the list, which is why it would takes months and why Kris offered her egg, so there is no wait time.  

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I thought Lucy was unnecessarily cruel to Tracy, but that could be my bias showing, as I haven't had much use for Lucy the past few years.  

Not necessarily your bias. I can't stand Tracy (though I think JE is great in the role) and think there was a lot of truth in what Lucy said, but, yeah, that was cruel. Of course, Tracy gives tit for tat, as is her wont, so... Never thought I'd say Maxie was the only adult in the room.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Luke love of his life was not Tracy.  

That would be Laura*.

*Even though how and the way they became a supercouple is beyond gross, the actors' chemistry was just crackling and amazing.

12 hours ago, nilyank said:

Wah, Wah, Wah. Puir, puir SheBEAST. The puir innocent waif who's never done any wrong to anyone. EVER.

While not a fan of Nelle, I absolutely relished her gaslighting of the SheBeast. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

And of course the recasting of Nina was to give her personality a lobotomy because no ONE can lose to the SheBEAST. and I can't see Stafford's Nina EVER kowtowing to the likes of her, or being the weepy willow (pardon the pun) that Watros's Nina has been shown. There is no killer instinct or edge to her.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And of course the recasting of Nina was to give her personality a lobotomy because no ONE can lose to the SheBEAST. and I can't see Stafford's Nina EVER kowtowing to the likes of her, or being the weepy willow (pardon the pun) that Watros's Nina has been shown. There is no killer instinct or edge to her.

Which is weird because when CW was cast as Nina, I was expecting the same energy that she had as Annie Dutton on Guiding Light where she got her Emmy. A couple of years later, I am still waiting for the full crazy to come out from Nina and taking some people down along the way. Even the things that she has done is still weaksauce and not as soapy as it can be (keeping quiet about Sonny being alive and spending 6 tedious months at the emptiest bar, dropping a dime to SEC on Carly).

Nina just comes off as a weak character who get easily unsettled by the likes of Michael and I say this as someone who actually likes him. Nina's screentime is filled with too much of her scaredity face someone is going to find out her secrets. Boring. 

At least when she dumped Valentin at the altar that was something at least.