Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Good for Dante giving Michael some truth about Nina.  Carly of course said she'd not interfere then 2 mins later interfere.  Nina needs to be done with Willow and her worship of Carly and Michael.  

I don't know if it was intentional on the writer's end, but the drew a sharp line between Sonny's biological children and how they decided to support their father's decision to have a relationship with Nina even though they were iffy about it vs Carly's biological children and their demand of loyalty.

Dante shouldn't even go near Michael. He's too good of a brother to that turd.

And Nina needs ti be done with Willow. Her scene with Sasha was really nice.

• Like 15

Michael told Dex to stay away from Joss. But when he found out about them, he was angry for a split second which says more about Michael than it does about Dex.

19 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I wish Nina would forget about Willow and just focus on a mother/daughter relationship with Sasha. Then Willow can jealously observe from the sidelines and regret how hateful she was (hah, if only).

It's bad writing and killing character for the sake of drama. It's not logical that Willow, who preaches the importance of family at every opportunity, shows no interest in the birth family she was stolen from. She has history with Nina but no interest in cousin James not even as a playmate for Wylie more age appropriate than Leo or Danny? Willow has nothing against Maxie.

4 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

I might’ve nodded off - was Gladys any more specific on her “investment” opportunity to Sonny than “can’t miss”?

She talked about the Deceptor going big which led Sonny to tell her that him investing now would be insider trading.

• Like 10
On 5/19/2023 at 7:15 AM, lala2 said:

IMO, the writers have ruined Esme. She’s a complete failure at this point. They need Spencer to harass and bother her because otherwise she has no story. She has no friends. She has no family. She has no true identity with the amnesia. She’s just there. They stupidly had her baby survive so she can’t just leave town. 

Even though I don’t like Esme and think she’s a nut, I don’t think the show has done a good job of explaining why Spencer believes she shouldn’t be able to raise her own kid. As far as he knows, she targeted him and his dad. Ok……but is that it? I wish he would talk more about the danger she poses. I also wish he demanded a DNA test or something. He’s been coming off as more obsessed than legitimately concerned.

I don’t know. I hate this story. Spencer is being sacrificed to give Esme a story. That happened with Nikolas too. I wish Esme would just go away because she’s not a viable character IMO, but I know she’s here to stay unfortunately. Spencer and Sprina will be sacrificed to keep her relevant. 

It’s a bummer because the actress is great and Esme could have been a great grey character post-amnesia. I don’t know why the show always chooses the least interesting option. It would be better if they just let Esme be the nemesis of Joss instead of Spencer. That’s what she was most of the time pre-amnesia anyway. 

• Like 14
24 minutes ago, ciarra said:

And what became of Brad, who hasn't been seen since Britt died?

Apparently he is blabbing to Selina about who is getting DNA tests at GH

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Sonny is going to let Dex go if he asks, so where is this drama of need to run or make a plan?  There's no drama here. Lol

I get the impression Dex and Joc think he can’t escape Sonny without consequences, moreso they seem to think the only way out is to tell Sonny or for Sonny to find out Dex betrayed him. Of course, Sonny seems to be ok if Dex leaves if he wants to so Dex just has to tell him he want to be with Joc and Joc doesn’t want him working Sonny. Easy peasy

• Like 4
9 hours ago, DanaK said:

I get the impression Dex and Joc think he can’t escape Sonny without consequences, moreso they seem to think the only way out is to tell Sonny or for Sonny to find out Dex betrayed him. Of course, Sonny seems to be ok if Dex leaves if he wants to so Dex just has to tell him he want to be with Joc and Joc doesn’t want him working Sonny. Easy peasy

This is the dumbest writing ever. Joss more so than Dex is trying to make this relationship into something it's not and he goes along for the ride because Joss is her mother's daughter, domineering to a fault. She thought it was forbidden, no one batted an eye. She thought Sonny would flip his lid, he didn't. She escalated the whole thing to he will kill Dex if he leaves, which he won't. 

They're both self-centered morons. Romeo and Juliet, you ain't. 

Plus, I think that Dex enjoys those bonuses he gets here and there as a show of gratitude from Sonny. So I'm pretty sure he won't be leaving the mob any time soon.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This is the dumbest writing ever. Joss more so than Dex is trying to make this relationship into something it's not and he goes along for the ride because Joss is her mother's daughter, domineering to a fault. She thought it was forbidden, no one batted an eye. She thought Sonny would flip his lid, he didn't. She escalated the whole thing to he will kill Dex if he leaves, which he won't. 

They're both self-centered morons. Romeo and Juliet, you ain't. 

Plus, I think that Dex enjoys those bonuses he gets here and there as a show of gratitude from Sonny. So I'm pretty sure he won't be leaving the mob any time soon.

I think if he left the mob, she’d be bored in a heartbeat. He couldn’t stay with his freelance security job since it would take him out of PC and I don’t think any of the non mobbies are clamoring for bodyguards. He’d probably end up working at a restaurant or bar struggling to make ends meet while being too busy to cater to Joss. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
On 5/18/2023 at 9:43 PM, Artsda said:

Who is Spencer to question Esme on working? Especially when she has amnesia. She wouldn't remember anyways. Spencer reaction to Esme is looking verbally abusive since she's got amnesia. 

Not at all. Esme is walking around like the town did her an injury instead of vice versa and then she had the gall to have that insane line about "what people say I did" Bitch!  If 10 Russians tell you you're drunk you lie down. People aren't just fabricating your history Esme, you did it. And yet for some reason every interaction  with her comes up as though she has been the victim.

"Oh I should have known with you people" to Alexis. Excuse me? The Cassadines were minding their own damn business when YOU targeted Spencer and Nikolas. The entitlement still rolls off Esme like wheels on a Mack truck. It's maddening. If I was told that I did horrible things by literally every source in town I wouldn't be pointing the finger at them and accusatory I would be remorseful, contrite and looking to do better. She's Carly 3.0

And the way she spoke about Laura to Alexis was insane levels of obnoxious. Laura has been an absolute idiot regarding Esme, she treats her better than her own daughter whom she hasn't mentioned for months, and here Esme is acting complaining about leaving Ace with Laura, like Laura has done anything other than take Esme in, defend her and care for her like one of her own even to the detriment of Spencer, her grandson whom Esme GLEEFULLY targeted and manipulated emotionally and sexually. Esme with amnesia or Esme without is still a huge, steaming pile of crap to me.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
On 5/19/2023 at 6:24 AM, CeChase said:

I have a very different take on the Spencer Esme question.  I thought Esme acted the total spoiled, entitled, Karen.  Answer phones?!  How ick!  I'm taking my baby and this small bag, with no money, no food, no place to stay and just leaving!  Where's my trust fund??   

Come on,  give me a break.  My God Esme is so annoying.  I liked her better when she was straight up wicked.  Right now she's just another whining Karen in town.  

As for Spencer, I appreciate that SOMEONE stays on her neck.  She was an awful person.  She likely still is.  At the very least, she should not be trusted until proved otherwise.  I'd feel the same if that was my baby sibling she was toting around. 

Would you marry me? I can't cook but I can sing and supply infinite bottles of wine.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 5/19/2023 at 2:07 PM, Daisy said:

Um.... Spencer isn't alienating you and Trina, Portia. shut up 

I have a sinking suspicion that they are only trying to make Portia the villain here so Esme doesn't have to be. How many more characters need to be sacrificed to keep this Carly 3.0 on canvas?

• Like 1
  • Applause 5

Esme's reaction to being told that she has to answer the phones takes me back to Brook Lynn's identical one when she was told that she would be answering phones  at ELQ.

On 5/20/2023 at 12:40 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know if it was intentional on the writer's end, but the drew a sharp line between Sonny's biological children and how they decided to support their father's decision to have a relationship with Nina even though they were iffy about it vs Carly's biological children and their demand of loyalty.

It makes a kind of logical sense since rhey are mini-Carlys. But if they are so willing to dump on the stepfather who raised them (most of her life for Joss, all of his life for Michael) this should be a wakeup call to Sonny to dump them. They feel no loyalty or respect to him at all.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
On 5/19/2023 at 10:44 AM, ffwbe said:

When I see Ace, I get shades of baby Michael. They gave Carly a kid because she was the absolute worst and it forced a group of characters to interact with her when she would have otherwise been siloed. They wrote Esme into a corner and made the mistake of giving her 2 parents who also wouldn’t give her a big circle who would be willing to take her in or give her a chance. 

^^^ you read my mind. On YouTube the comments sections are full of viewers defending Carly being rude, & bitchy, particularly to Bobbie, after she gave birth to Michael. Esme's near constant bleating of "Spencer mean!" "no one trusts me! But then I don't trust Laura cuz reasons" "My baby this/that!!" Is just as annoying Carly was. At least the show had Carly take deplorable actions to keep Michael from the Q's & A.J. Instead of expecting them to back off just because(that became the status quo later unfortunately). 

Esme just whines....about everything...sometimes just for the sake of it. Even when she has a point(rare) she's miserable. Which is silly because things could be far worse for her. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
7 hours ago, Skarzero said:

^^^ you read my mind. On YouTube the comments sections are full of viewers defending Carly being rude, & bitchy, particularly to Bobbie, after she gave birth to Michael. Esme's near constant bleating of "Spencer mean!" "no one trusts me! But then I don't trust Laura cuz reasons" "My baby this/that!!" Is just as annoying Carly was. At least the show had Carly take deplorable actions to keep Michael from the Q's & A.J. Instead of expecting them to back off just because(that became the status quo later unfortunately). 

Esme just whines....about everything...sometimes just for the sake of it. Even when she has a point(rare) she's miserable. Which is silly because things could be far worse for her. 

Once again, terrible writing.  They should okay up her vulnerability and fear of revenge and manipulation from others taking advantage of her amnesia.  Which isn’t really the case, but is a reasonable point of view from her perspective.  Not this entitled shit, which seems inconsistent with her post amnesia persona, and is also boring.

12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If only they were; they'd both die.

Don’t tease.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

They should also write her as having PTSD from Heather and Ryan - she was genuinely horrified by Ryan's murdering and terrified throughout. Kevin, the only sane biological relative she knows, has been missing from this story. Esme is Ryan's daughter and his niece and there should be story in Kevin trying to help Esme since his attempts with Ryan were spectacular failures. 

• Like 12
13 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Kevin, the only sane biological relative she knows, has been missing from this story.

They don't want to pay JL, or is he just busy elsewhere? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
42 minutes ago, ciarra said:

They don't want to pay JL, or is he just busy elsewhere? 

I think he does work quite a bit outside of GH. Also might be coincidental but it seems obvious that both JL and the show vastly prefer writing for Ryan over Kevin. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2

Why not just go to PC Grill? but whatever

Finn & Tracey are friends?  I'm here for it. Tracey has more chem with Gregory in one second than Alexis had for months. 

Joss thought Dex was going to be romantic on the hospital roof? okay dipstick. also shut up. 

Nina admits that she can not give willow the one thing she is asking for which is to give Carly peace. GOOD. SHE SHOULDN'T. 

Oh Joss, shut up. Also you are so stupid. As is your brother. LOL "He knows too much that Sonny won't let him quit." What? SONNY flat out said he'd let him quit if HE asked. 

I honestly don't get how people don't look up when Carly ever opens her mouth. I would be so afraid being struck by something. 

Tracey speaking all the truths. 

Drew wants to go after the person who "ratted the out." YOU. BROKE. THE. LAW. DUMBO. 

Drew is also swearing his life to always protect the woman who tossed him faster than Usain Bolt's world record time to get back to the real  Jason. You are pathetic. 

Nina is also speaking all the truths. 

So... Carly and Drew want to break the the law - to avoid testifying to the fact that they broke the law. LOL

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

I would love this proposal if I did not know it was leading to months of Carly growing suspicious, then gathering evidence that it was Nina who turned them in (because Carly just senses these things, she's that good).  And then the big finale; Nina being humiliated on her wedding day.  Because Carly will announce this publicly at the time and place she knows will inflict the most emotional damage.  That's Carly.  And that's not what I want to watch.  So I won't. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 7
(edited)

Carly/Drew trying to blackmail Tracy is a huge misfire. Not only are they coming off like complete morons and seriously outmatched, Tracy is pretty well liked by the audience no matter what she does. This isn’t like Nina, who I think is much more polarizing 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

The best part of the episode for me was Selena's goon giving Gladys the side eye in every single scene. That dude conveyed more without saying a word than some of the characters who have verbal diarrhea and generally suck at acting.

Drew and Carly can go off a cliff anytime. I love BLQ, so I'm not gonna use her to blackmail Ned, but there's Tracy! I'm assuming that the corporate espionage comes in. But Tracy can handle herself. She will eat those two morons for breakfast.

Carly having to point out to Drew that he was away from his family for 2 years as he prepares to take the fall for her is the epitome of douchness.

Gregory needs to take a seat. Chase is a grown ass man, he can handle himself. 

I like the idea of a trip to Disney World, maybe he, Finn and Violet won't come back. I don't know why ME dyed his hair. Nothing wrong with grey.

That whole scene with Michael/Joss was painful. No, I'm not letting him go as she keeps whining about Sonny. Ok, princess. Where's a good curse when you need one?

Nina is at least right warning Sonny about Michael. I'm sure Jocelyn will be the one to turn Sonny in. I wonder if Michael and Joss will get the Nina treatment or if the Nina treatment is only reserved for Nina.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

Michael, Canada doesn't want Dex, we have enough wood, thank you very much. Also we don't want mobsters or henchmen. And we're not into carrying guns.

Michael trying to manipulate and guilt Joss into telling Dex to leave. Luckily she's as narcissistic and he is and isn't buying it. I liked seeing them fighting for a change.

Michael to Joss: "You have your whole life ahead of you. You're going to be a doctor! What kind of life do you think you could have with Dex?"  Me: She could be a mob doctor, they always need one of those.

Was Gregory trying to flirt with Tracy?  That's going to go nowhere.

Drew to Carly:  "I can't see you go to prison."  Me: I can! I can't wait!

Drew wants to force Ned to use his government contacts to get him and Carly off the hook. Am I supposed to be on his side, that he wants to break laws and then use government connections to get off the hook? JFC, they're really trashed Drew since hooking him up with Carly.

I bet the show wants me to admire Carly for not using Olivia or Brook Lynn to go after Ned.  But it just makes her look nastier.

Nina tells Sonny that he can't count on trusting Michael. Sonny would be smart to listen to her but he won't.

What a waste of Tracy talking to Chase. She can't even snark at him to relieve the tedium. At least she got some good ones in at Gregory.

I know that it's a boring episode when the most interesting thing is Sasha/Cody.

8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Drew and Carly can go off a cliff anytime. I love BLQ, so I'm not gonna use her to blackmail Ned, but there's Tracy! I'm assuming that the corporate espionage comes in. But Tracy can handle herself. She will eat those two morons for breakfast.

I don't trust this show not to make Tracy stupid for plot. On this show, Carly must always win.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
30 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I wonder if Michael and Joss will get the Nina treatment or if the Nina treatment is only reserved for Nina.

Or Julian.  Maybe they can start incorporating scenes of people going to the cemetery and berating his grave.

• Sad 4
  • LOL 3

Once again, Joss goes on about how Dex can make his own decisions about his life while she tries to make decisions about his life. I can't with this nitwit.

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Michael trying to manipulate and guilt Joss into telling Dex to leave. Luckily she's as narcissistic and he is and isn't buying it. I liked seeing them fighting for a change.

Same here, but good lord, they are both so deeply stupid.

Really, Show? You're going to have Drew and Carly fuck with Tracy Angelica Quartermaine and expect me to root against Tracy? Not gonna happen!

• Like 4
  • Applause 16
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

and expect me to root against Tracy?

Not just root against her but expect us to beleive Tracy wouldn't chew those two up and spit them out in a nano second.  Because you know Crew are going to have the win at all cost.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Finn & Tracey are friends?

😅 That's what I said last time she was on the show and they were all buddy buddy, and I almost said it again this time.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Michael, Canada doesn't want Dex, we have enough wood,

👏🏻

20% per WEEK!! yikes that's pretty steep. I don't want Gladys gaslighting Sasha now, just when I said I liked the character.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I like the idea of a trip to Disney World

Is the Cinderella Castle at Disney World or Disneyland

Edited by Blackie
spacing (is that still a rule?)
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Daisy said:
14 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Is the Cinderella Castle at Disney World or Disneyland

it's at Disney World & Tokyo Disney World

Ah OK Sleeping Beauty castle at DisneyLand  (Ca). I just remember there was was some kind of castle there back when I was a kid and my kid was not into princess stuff.

Tracey had a very complicated hair pull back . I wonder why she just doesn't style it down.  I wonder the same thing about Princess Anne. Meanwhile I walk around everyday in a ponytail because I am lazy.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Carly/Drew trying to blackmail Tracy is a huge misfire. Not only are they coming off like complete morons and seriously outmatched, Tracy is pretty well liked by the audience no matter what she does. This isn’t like Nina, who I think is much more polarizing 

I had thought that Tracy was coming off as much more strident than usual today and was wondering why almost every single line was snark. But after reading the comments here, I understand. The writers had to make us dislike Tracy so we'd cheer for Carly and Drew. 

Not gonna happen.

• Like 7
  • Applause 12
7 minutes ago, rur said:

I had thought that Tracy was coming off as much more strident than usual today and was wondering why almost every single line was snark. But after reading the comments here, I understand. The writers had to make us dislike Tracy so we'd cheer for Carly and Drew. 

considering every word that was coming out of her mouth was truth, doubly so. and ironic that Tracy was basically defending BLQ because Chase has some reason to hate her this week (where he is falling over trying to send best wishes to his ex wife who basically wished that he died so she could be with his best friend) - and THEN she doubles down on "if someone slights my family, I have their back." - only to show that Drew (who is family) is so in horny with AJ's Biggest Mistake and blight on the family that  Drew is going to blackmail Ned to go after his mother to get them from going to jail on a crime charge that they committed.

Where as had Drew not acted like a prize ass, basically just asked Ned and Tracy for help they would do it. Drew sucks

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Really, Show? You're going to have Drew and Carly fuck with Tracy Angelica Quartermaine and expect me to root against Tracy? Not gonna happen!

So far, from all the comments I've seen, everyone is rooting for Tracy to take dumb and dumber down.

What has Tracy ever done to Drew? This dude is such a loser. You did the crime, you do the time, asshat.

I know the real Drew is being held somewhere. This isn't even a poor copy of the original.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Drew is going to blackmail Ned to go after his mother to get them from going to jail on a crime charge that they committed.

PS: Blackmail: also a crime.

Good job, Drew, you fucking loser.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Good job, Drew, you fucking loser.

Well Tracy has done horrible things and has never had to pay for them, says the guy who did something criminal and is trying his darnest to not pay for it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
(edited)
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Well Tracy has done horrible things and has never had to pay for them, says the guy who did something criminal and is trying his darnest to not pay for it.

To the woman who was an INTERIM MOB QUEEN and didn't spend a minute in jail.

It's almost stunning that, every time I think I can't hate Carly more, the writers somehow do it.  This story and this pairing with Drew has made her more loathsome than ever before.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 10
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The best part of the episode for me was Selena's goon giving Gladys the side eye in every single scene. That dude conveyed more without saying a word than some of the characters who have verbal diarrhea and generally suck at acting.

IKR? Then Miss Wu shows how smart and crafty she is by indicating it didn’t matter whether Gladys was able to pay back her debt or not, she wins either way (as she can go to Sonny to get the debt paid if Gladys skipped town)

Also, Wu indicated to Gladys her mother was in Singapore so I assume she is from there too. The actress is from Singapore so I assume she’s using her own accent for the character. I’m curious if anyone knows if the accent actually is Singaporean? The Singapore accent seems to be a pretty specific accent and Wu’s seems to somewhat resemble accents of other Singapore actors I’ve heard, except they also have a British enunciation

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Finn & Tracey are friends?  I'm here for it.

Finn came to the show first because Tracy had an illness and Finn was the infectious disease doctor who cured her. She was pretty sick and there was quite a bit of worry until Finn found out what was wrong with her. They became quite very, very good friends. They played chess together all the time. In fact, they became such good friends, that even when Hayden got sick, Tracy let her stay at the Quartermaine mansion just for Finn.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

To the woman who was an INTERIM MOB QUEEN and didn't spend a minute in jail.

Tracey was also a Mob Queen in NYC when she was banished by Edward and her character was inserted in the now defunct soap, The City. She was also married to two different mob bosses.

• Useful 4

The Carly/Drew scenes were even worse than I thought.  Jesus, the LOLs of "let's blackmail Ned so that he pulls some imaginary strings with some imaginary government officials that we think he maybe might have."  With brains like that it's amazing they can figure out their right from their left.

Michael/Joss wasn't any better, but I semi blocked them out because of the repetitiveness of it all.  Though it's no surprise Joss doesn't want Dex to go anywhere.  She learned from Mommy that when you get a Block of Wood who will just do as you command, you hold on to them for dear life!

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

I like Tracey's hair because it's such a throwback to the style that made her famous when she first came on the show. I think the other day she even had the French braids in her updo. 

If Drew and Carly had a brain cell between them, they could just ask Ned if he would consider calling in some favors to "atone." They don't have to skip right to pure intimidation.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1

I thought Drewsome and Carly's assets were frozen.  How are they paying for drinks at the Metro Court?

Sonny, you could at least buy dinner when you propose.  It's not as if this is your first rodeo.  Or your 7th?

Lily Rivera (1996) Carly Corinthos (2000–2005, 2007, 2015–2022) Claudia Zacchara (2008–2009) Brenda Barrett (2011)

• LOL 2
58 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought Drewsome and Carly's assets were frozen.  How are they paying for drinks at the Metro Court?

Sonny, you could at least buy dinner when you propose.  It's not as if this is your first rodeo.  Or your 7th?

He also tried to marry Kate/Connie but ended up with murdered cake.

• Sad 1