Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also glad that Spencer is not okay with what Victor is doing.

As he should be. But what did he think going to Victor for help would mean? There's always a price to pay. Ugh, I'm not much of a Spencer fan, but I hate they're making him stupid about Victor. I know Spencer's blinded by baby rabies, but still. It's Victor Cassadine.

Ew that Michael is boasting about being a former Magic Wand and he'll give Willow a private show when she's feeling better. I really could have done without hearing that.

1 minute ago, lala2 said:

JPS sucks at crying. His “cry face” always makes me laugh.

Same here. His angry face isn't any better. He always looks like he's pouting.

I didn't know whether to laugh at or feel sorry for Jordan that she was so completely out of the loop with everything that's going on.

How long is going to take people to realize the Haunted Star is gone? It's not exactly a dinghy.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I didn't know whether to laugh at or feel sorry for Jordan that she was so completely out of the loop with everything that's going on.

Jordan actually said that she was going to get answers. And where did she go? To see Esme and ask the amnesiac if she recognized the man that kidnapped Ace. Way to continue to be useless.

Fresh from being kidnapped, Ace gave Spencer a look, "you dummy."

I think the group of Sonny, Carly, Dex, Drew and Nina should have picked up on the fact that Liesl was kidnapped by Victor. Especially as they were going on and on about Victor shooting Anna to hurt Valentin. I was waiting for Nina to remember that Liesl has bad history with Victor.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ew that Michael is boasting about being a former Magic Wand and he'll give Willow a private show when she's feeling better. I really could have done without hearing that.

Particularly since he wasn't very good. 

They truly are a chemistry-free couple. That didn't even sound sexy.

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Nina’s FB made no sense to me. This current situation with her aunt has nothing to do with Sonny and his business. I haven’t been paying attention to this story so did I miss something? Or was the FB meant for the last scene? If it was, it wasn’t necessary IMO. She’s dating a mob boss, she should know he can make stuff happen! 

It made sense to me too. The FB was Carly trying to gaslight Nina that she's not strong enough to be with Sonny because she can't take his dark side. At the end, Nina not only accepts it, she encourages it to find Liesl.

The looks between Carly and Sonny recently made me wonder if they're going to swerve back to them. When I saw this episode, I thought that maybe they are committing to Sonny/Nina for the foreseeable future.

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You just had to remind me of that, didn't  you? The imagine of Michael doing a private show for Willow is the stuff of nightmares.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It made sense to me too. The FB was Carly trying to gaslight Nina that she's not strong enough to be with Sonny because she can't take his dark side. At the end, Nina not only accepts it, she encourages it to find Liesl.

Ahhhh….thank you! That makes perfect sense. I only think the FB should have been placed right before she made her request to Sonny. I was honestly confused by the FB but feel I would have made the connection you did if it had occurred before her request. 

• Like 4

If Michael offered to do a private dance for me, I know I'd keel over leukemia or not. Just goes to show further nothings gonna take Willow down. I do wonder how much longer they're gonna drag out the latest reason Willow's treatment is being delayed and if something else will happen once Liesl is found. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

I felt bad for Jordan as she was finding out about the plans and the scheming going on, and the Holly fake injuries and the fake necklace that burned instead of the real one. If this were a real soap, she would have arrested every last one of them for obstruction of justice. Instead, she walked away meekly to get "answers."

Joss needs to take a leap off Mount Everest. Or take a leap into a volcano. At least she had the decency to look contrite when Sonny was asking Dex about the relationship. Must be disappointing that he didn't even care that those two were together. 

I'm surprised the brain trust didn't already connect Leisl's disappearance to Victor. 

Puff fish talking about his time as a wand and offering to give Willow a private show was pretty gross. 

I'm here for unhinged Victor. Although I hope they don't kill off the character so that he can pop up here and there.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Really great acting by AKP today, she did a great job displaying, fear, worry and angs

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

JPS sucks at crying. His “cry face” always makes me laugh. This Anna drama is lame because we know she’s not dying.

AP put on an acting class today!!  JPS was an embarrassment. NC also very strong today as Spencer.  And the giant baby with the "look", stole the show as usual.

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

Anyway, I still love how Sonny has known for months and doesn’t care

But at the beginning didn't he tell Dex to stay away from Joss, I can't remember. Or was that just Michael telling them that Sonny wouldn't like it. I guess Joss and Dex can be public now.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is that a new Charlotte?

I think so, but how she was dressed and everything seemed like a bit of downgrade. That seems mean, I guess I am trying to say that Charlotte always seemed like some kind of prep school, European princess in training and this girl looked like a regular teenager.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that maybe they are committing to Sonny/Nina for the foreseeable future.

I don't know.  Right now Nina is blood thirsty for Sonny to find Liesl no matter what he has to do.  But how soon after everythign is over before she starts to feel dirty for having asked him to do what he did.  How many "I can't believe I asked you to do that" are we going to have to listen to.  

19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Although I hope they don't kill off the character so that he can pop up here and there.

I'm guessing Victor will go missing, in order to allow a return down the road, once they've run out of Cassadine stories.  

10 minutes ago, Blackie said:

And the giant baby with the "look", stole the show as usual.

Love that baby!  Love that he's so super easy going.  I mean, he's had a few weeks with Avery so far and we've seen how comfortable he is with her, but today, unless Victor's minion was his bio mom, he seemed comfortable with her as well.  My kid at that age, screamed bloody murder whenever anyone but me, hubby or sister picked her up.  Especially if it was mom-in-law, which made her so mad!

12 minutes ago, Blackie said:

But at the beginning didn't he tell Dex to stay away from Joss,

For sure Michael told him, but I can't remember is Sonny told him at any time.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

...at this point I think it is safe to say that giant baby is, in fact, a better actor than CD! Could giant baby actually win the "outstanding younger actor" Emmy? I vote  yes!

Ugh, at Valentin railing about how he will find Victor and kill him and put him in the grave. DUDE, Victor has been waltzing around PC visiting hotels, restaurants, hanging out with Spencer, taking appointments at GH for his unfortunate erectile dysfunctions, etc. Maybe you should have, I don't know, killed him then! Yeah I know, you wanted to know his plan. How did that work out for you? And you still don't know it. And seriously, Robert/Anna/Laura/Sonny did not arrange to have "eyes" on Victor at all times? Especially since he's pretty much threatened everyone. Jesus God, give me strength! 🤣

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

I wonder if now that Dex is no longer forbidden, Joss will lose interest. 

( I'm actually hoping Sonny takes Dex off the Pikeman deal because it's too dangerous for Joss' boytoy. So, by screwing Joss, Dex ends up screwing Michael. Although, what I'm really hoping is that Sonny knows Pikeman is shady and he's been working with Robert to bring Pikeman down, and Michael's idiotic plan blows the bust, putting everyone in danger.)

• Like 5
  • Love 4

I think it was nice that GH thought to recognize Bobbie even if they did have to insert Carly again as always. I thought her dress looked good on her. Her hair is just awful and I can’t believe that she can’t find a stylist to do a more flattering cut on her. She deserves at least that.

• Like 8
18 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

<stomps foot in frustration> I can't remember what "FB" stands for in this context. Help! 

I missed the very beginning of a scene in which Laura was asking someone to go to GH reassure Esme. Do we know who that was?

Flashback.

Probably Kevin. Maybe Liz. However, I wish it was Cam.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I missed the very beginning of a scene in which Laura was asking someone to go to GH reassure Esme. Do we know who that was?

I think it was Kevin. He'd probably already be there at work anyway.

• Like 5

Sonny's "Ain't my daughter, ain't my problem" response to the Joss/Dex "reveal" was pure gold. Guess that puts Joss in her place. And her tough girl attitude crumbling in the face of Sonny's shrug of indifference was pure magic.

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

When I saw this episode, I thought that maybe they are committing to Sonny/Nina for the foreseeable future.

I sure hope so. I don't know what it is, but Sonny is immeasurably more tolerable with Nina than he ever was with Carly. Still don't like him, but I no longer reach for the remote to mute or fast forward when he's onscreen. Maybe it's just me, but MB seems like he's enjoying playing the turns Sonny's life has taken.

I think it was Kevin. He'd probably already be there at work anyway.

Yep, it was Kevin. Laura said he's one of the few people that Esme has become comfortable with since the whole amnesia thing.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Sonny's known for months and didn't care to be the romance police. Lol meanwhile Joss and Dex thought that Sonny would kill Dex if he found out. 

Trina is just stupid.  Why does she have a connection to Spencer?  What have they shown to make him appealing to her? 

Shouldn't Ace be screaming stranger danger from that lady?

Valentine maybe don't confess murder to the DA?

• Like 2

Valentin has spent the bulk of his tenure on this show playing piano softly and sobbing. This, 'the most dangerous Cassadine of all' and his mutant test tube daughter. I know Finola is happy to have a pairing and all and I'm sure JPS is a very nice man, but she's gotta look at some of these scenes and be like 'really? 😬' I feel like Danny and Rocco could beat Valentin up.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

See, Joss, I told you Sonny wasn't going to kill Dex over you.  So overly dramatic.  Now, when he finds out that he's working to "take him down" that will be another story.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Katy M said:

See, Joss, I told you Sonny wasn't going to kill Dex over you.  So overly dramatic.  Now, when he finds out that he's working to "take him down" that will be another story.

Will it? I can count on my hand the number of times Sonny actually got rid of someone who was trying to take him down? And I didn't include Dante since the whole point of that storyline was for Sonny to shoot his own son, or the many female brunette federal agents that ended up in bed with him.

• Like 2

Yes, it looks like we have a new actress for Charlotte: AnaSofia Bianchi. Her IMDb shows her only episode of GH being yesterday’s. It seems like they might’ve SORASd Charlotte by a couple of years in the process. 

Nice reunion with her father but I am not a fan of sad/crying Valentin. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Shouldn't Ace be screaming stranger danger from that lady?

I love how Victor chooses the most severe-looking nanny on the planet.

11 hours ago, jsbt said:

Valentin has spent the bulk of his tenure on this show playing piano softly and sobbing. This, 'the most dangerous Cassadine of all' and his mutant test tube daughter.

The whole "I was a teenage hunchback" history really undercut things.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The whole "I was a teenage hunchback" history really undercut things.

A convoluted backstory straight out of Frank's OLTL days. I was amazed Dena Higley didn't write it this time, it's almost the exact same as Miles Laurence's. Valentin was a teenage hunchback who joined the WSB who is everyone's secret kid until he turns out to be Victor's! Okay, whatever. I cannot believe this character is supposed to be a central lead. I'll never get over it, he's such a wuss.

• Like 5

The only thing that bugged me about the Sonny/Nina stuff from yesterday is that it's another instance of the consequences of his mobby-help is so creakingly plot-dependent. Often he'll just casually order "his guys" to help with some kind of private issue or police manhunt, and it's NBD. But now he's treating talking to Nina like she's making an actual deal with the devil, even though virtually everyone Sonny himself cares about has been captured, wounded or threatened by Victor.

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

But now he's treating talking to Nina like she's making an actual deal with the devil, even though virtually everyone Sonny himself cares about has been captured, wounded or threatened by Victor.

They still haven't yet realize that 2 + 2 = Victor kidnapped Liesl.

• Like 4

I can give Nina a pass because she doesn't know about the Ice Princess shenanigans or that "Victor killed Luke" (I still don't think he's really dead) and his other criming.

Does Sonny know about Liesl's past with Victor ? I don't think so but if he does, there is no excuse for him not figuring out that her disappearance could be tied to Victor but Sonny's never been big on brains . Maybe when he realizes that Spencer is missing too.

I'm just glad that these plots are finally getting some momentum.

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Coming to offer my unpopular opinions, now that I have finally caught up on the NB episodes:

1) I've always liked the NB, mostly because it's the one time that the cast seem to interact on a large scale.   
2) I liked Lucy trying to attack the thug with a feather boa. And she is a large part of the NB heritage.
and most egregiously of all:
3) Cody is starting to grow on me because he's actually trying to do the right thing.  And I like that he has finally gotten more fit and lost some of his pudge. 

ducks all the tomatoes and considers joining witness protection.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

The only thing that bugged me about the Sonny/Nina stuff from yesterday is that it's another instance of the consequences of his mobby-help is so creakingly plot-dependent. Often he'll just casually order "his guys" to help with some kind of private issue or police manhunt, and it's NBD. But now he's treating talking to Nina like she's making an actual deal with the devil, even though virtually everyone Sonny himself cares about has been captured, wounded or threatened by Victor.

That scene was so odd. Nina wasn't making some random request that Sonny wouldn't ordinarily consider.

40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Does Sonny know about Liesl's past with Victor ? I don't think so but if he does, there is no excuse for him not figuring out that her disappearance could be tied to Victor but Sonny's never been big on brains.

I think Sonny does know, but everyone's been a bit slow on the uptake. I hope today someone notices that the Haunted Star is gone.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Coming to offer my unpopular opinions, now that I have finally caught up on the NB episodes:

1) I've always liked the NB, mostly because it's the one time that the cast seem to interact on a large scale.   
2) I liked Lucy trying to attack the thug with a feather boa. And she is a large part of the NB heritage.
and most egregiously of all:
3) Cody is starting to grow on me because he's actually trying to do the right thing.  And I like that he has finally gotten more fit and lost some of his pudge. 

ducks all the tomatoes and considers joining witness protection.

No tomatoes from me.  I agreee wholeheartedly.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I've said this before, but it's insane to me that nobody twigged to elements of this sooner. The whole "Demeter" thing? God/goddess of weather? The Ice Princess? Gee, what do the Cassadines, weather and the Ice Princess all have to do with each other?

The whole story feels like it spent most of the last year-plus on hold.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I've said this before, but it's insane to me that nobody twigged to elements of this sooner. The whole "Demeter" thing? God/goddess of weather? The Ice Princess? Gee, what do the Cassadines, weather and the Ice Princess all have to do with each other?

And now that Victor has taken the Haunted Star, let us see how long the various PCers will remember how that was originally connected to the Cassadines.

Speaking of which, did Victor steal it and it just happened to be outfitted and ready to go on a transatlantic trip or did he just buy it from whoever is managing Lulu's affairs?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

No tomatoes from me.  I agreee wholeheartedly.

Likewise. I’ve always found the NB cheesy and sometimes cringe-worthy but as one of few most-of-cast events it’s usually good for a soapy reveal.

I thought JK was looking notably fitter and that scene surely showed that. The shift in his character is pretty clear but isn’t the most egregious redemption the writers have done. 

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't know why Trina couldn't change at the hotel into either street clothes or the clothes she did her act in, rather than being stuck for a month/day in that gown.

Spencer didn't have time to go home and change, so I imagine if Trina had, she'd have missed the boat. (Heh.)

• LOL 7

"I'm only a lady in the presence of gentlemen." You go, Liesl. "You're never content with power and wealth. Nein. You're exploits must be epic, monumental.. when all he has to show for it is a trail of bodies and a family he either causes to hide or forces onto a barge.." Masterly cutting down of Victor. But stop fighting physically, remember that the anticoagulant is out of your system now.

Is Trina going to save the day?  I'm good with that, she's been in the shadows for too long. But how is she going to sneak around the boat in that dress and coat?

Laura was so good, telling Esme not to make any decisions so soon after a blow to the head, hiding from her that Spencer may have been taken too, Laura is the matriarch of the show, not Carly.

"I wish that I could guarantee you that you are going be safe 24/7 but I can't make that promise [because we're in a soap opera]'.

Does Laura know that her granddaughter is waiting in the hospital too?

Way to dismiss all the other Cassadines (Alexis, Sam, Kristina, Molly), show. Shouldn't Dante be phoning his lover Sam to see if she was contacted by Victor?

That said, there are a lot of the show's characters tied in to this story, including Scott.

Is Drew ever not telling Carly how wonderful she is? Now it's what a great support to Willow she is.

I liked Willow sending Michael away and then breaking down in private.

I'm still not liking Robert in a relationship with Diane.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I love how Victor chooses the most severe-looking nanny on the planet.

She looks like Frau Farbissina from the Austin Powers movies.

The Willow praise then Willow collapsing to the floor crying got an eye roll out of me. 

A+ for the Obrecht/Victor scenes. The episode is mostly good.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I never thought I would say this but I thought KM did a good job in that last scene when she went to the floor! I could see the horror on her face and the acceptance of her impending death. I usually don’t pay attention to Willow but I did see that scene. It worked, IMO. 

I loved the Sprina moments! I hope Trina saves the day. That would be a nice change. 

I only caught the tail end of the show so that’s all I got! 😂

• Like 2

I feel like we’re back to a holding pattern with nothing much happening today and no Ace sighting.

We couldn’t even see Victor telling Liesl what his plan for her is. Too bad she doesn’t know that Victor’s “loins” are no longer active; that could’ve made for even more fun banter. 😜

• LOL 6
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Laura was so good, telling Esme not to make any decisions so soon after a blow to the head, hiding from her that Spencer may have been taken too, Laura is the matriarch of the show, not Carly.

I used to not be a big Laura fan, but l have been lately.

13 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Too bad she doesn’t know that Victor’s “loins” are no longer active; that could’ve made for even more fun banter. 😜

Is Victor's "plan" for Liesl for her to concoct some kind of "viagra". Or does her feistiness get his blood flowing to all areas . 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

The only problem I had with today's episode: I refuse to believe that a more or less 20-year-old wouldn't have texted somebody the minute that boat started to move. 

Anybody else getting flashbacks to 1981 with Luke, Laura, and Robert on a yacht?  I'm trying to decide if I appreciate this as an anniversary callback to a different era of GH or if I'm ticked at the writers for not being able to come up with something new. 

• Like 3

I finally focused on Nina's necklace, and it was beautiful. It looked more valuable than Gladys's dumb bracelet.

Why does everyone act as if Victor kidnapping the giant cute baby is so outrageous? It's Victor! He'll do what he needs to do. And the dragging of heels that it is Victor behind all of these things is exasperating, too. Again: It's VICTOR. One of the few living Cassadines who will do terrible things if he has to to get things done. Good lord.

LOL that Robert pronounced her name "Lyezal" and not "Leesil." 

Just now, YaddaYadda said:

The Willow praise then Willow collapsing to the floor crying got an eye roll out of me. 

Well, Michael did tell her it was okay to feel whatever she was feeling. And he won't judge her, because he's such a great guy. /s

1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

A+ for the Obrecht/Victor scenes.

They were so much fun. I bet CS and KG were having a ball. 

• Like 5

Robert, did you really have to tell Diane that Victor kidnapped Spencer Cassadine's baby brother? Just say Ace. Not many babies out there in Port Charles named that and Diane knows who he is. How can someone not know someone who is that huge and cute?

Is Trina going to save the day?  I'm good with that, she's been in the shadows for too long. But how is she going to sneak around the boat in that dress and coat?

and

57 minutes ago, rur said:

Anybody else getting flashbacks to 1981 with Luke, Laura, and Robert on a yacht?  I'm trying to decide if I appreciate this as an anniversary callback to a different era of GH or if I'm ticked at the writers for not being able to come up with something new. 

Laura was able to defeat the Cassadines and their Weather Machine wearing this pink number

https://images.app.goo.gl/VfrVvZgpXft8bZTd7

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Spencer didn't have time to go home and change, so I imagine if Trina had, she'd have missed the boat. (Heh.)

If Drewfus and Carly can get to the Q's in a hot minute (to tell Willow that Dr. O is missing), Trina could have had time to change and get her nails done.  I think it would make more sense if she were still wearing her performance outfit.  But as Nilyank speculated, show thinks they are doing a pink gown throwback to the '70's, when GH didn't suck.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 4
43 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Laura was able to defeat the Cassadines and their Weather Machine wearing this pink number

https://images.app.goo.gl/VfrVvZgpXft8bZTd7

So girly. But I want to know if she could wear a bra with it, and how long the skirt was. Trina's long, full skirt seems like it would hamper any getaway.

Diane insisting that Robert not ask her anything about her client in a "quid pro quo" and that he has to trust her as if they're equals is one of the reasons I don't like that pairing. One of you is the law and it's not you Diane.

Michael telling Willow that he won't judge her if she's upset hearing that Liesl is missing ... what a great guy.

I loved Nina's whole outfit, from the jewellery to the simple dress with the sexy slit.(I think that the slit is sexier than all the dresses with a lot of cleavage. But maybe borrow Aunt Liesl's curling iron for a formal occasion.

• Like 7
47 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I loved Nina's whole outfit, from the jewellery to the simple dress with the sexy slit.(I think that the slit is sexier than all the dresses with a lot of cleavage.

I thought she showed a lot of cleavage. 

dessy-collection-Long-Sleeve-Side-Ruched

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I forgot to mention how annoyed I was on so many levels with Drew's tongue bath of Carly being such a great support to Willow. And I had to laugh at Dr. Drew's "life is for living" when Carly was reluctant to kiss in public. Which, they were in front of the carriage house, so it's not like they were macking on each other in the middle of the PCPD.

I desperately want Ned (or anyone) to sic the SEC on those two assholes and they have to grovel to stay out of jail.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3