Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Just now, lala2 said:

Yeah  . . .  I'm WFH today, and this episode is straight boring. Haha! I've barely looked up or unmuted. 

I did unmute when Molly was offered wine to see if she would take it. I know @Daisy wouldn't want her pregnant but I think a Tolly pregnancy would be ok. They've been together for years and are young prof'ls. I would rather them get a kid than see Esme w/one. 

I can’t deal with anymore pregnancies so I cringed when I saw that as well. I also can’t see it turning into an actual story for the lowest drama couple on the show. But it would be the first black legacy kid born on the show since Tom and Simone’s kid so that’s something I guess. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Yeah  . . .  I'm WFH today, and this episode is straight boring. Haha! I've barely looked up or unmuted. 

I did unmute when Molly was offered wine to see if she would take it. There was speculation last week about her being possibly being pregnant. I know @Daisy wouldn't want her pregnant but I think a Tolly pregnancy would be ok. They've been together for years and are young prof'ls. I would rather them get a kid than see Esme w/one! All the kids are born to characters I hate. lol

i would be okay with it but we just got two useless babies born, we don't need another pregnancy right away thats all

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I can’t deal with anymore pregnancies so I cringed when I saw that as well. I also can’t see it turning into an actual story for the lowest drama couple on the show. But it would be the first black legacy kid born on the show since Tom and Simone’s kid so that’s something I guess. 

Exactly! That's all I'm saying. Because Tolly are third-tier characters, Molly's pregnancy could hopefully be uneventful (lol) and normal! No wilderness births. No baby switches. Just a nice, normal pregnancy for a decent couple. 

As a Brucas fan, I was excited for them but then their baby was stolen and given to one of the worst characters on the show! They could have just been happy parents we occasionally see! 

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i would be okay with it but we just got two useless babies born, we don't need another pregnancy right away thats all

I completely understand!!! And I agree that both babies recently born (Ace and Amelia) are pointless and shouldn't be here, but those are the only babies we get on this show! I'm sick of their brats surviving and no other kids being born. 

That said, I'm not baby obsessed so I would be fine w/her not being pregnant. I can only say if she was, I wouldn't automatically roll my eyes like I would if BLQ was knocked up or Portia! LOL! 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
Just now, ffwbe said:

Oh lord, I was barely on board with Molly being pregnant. If they make Sam pregnant too, I’m going to scream

my eyes rolled so hard they nearly fell out of my head.
we don't need anymore babbbiessss

okay ghost anna was really creepy lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Oh lord, I was barely on board with Molly being pregnant. If they make Sam pregnant too, I’m going to scream

I think it may be SAM who is pregnant, not Molly. And that's when I would roll my eyes! lol

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

my eyes rolled so hard they nearly fell out of my head.
we don't need anymore babbbiessss

okay ghost anna was really creepy lol

Ghost Anna was good! They have good tech at the morgue I guess. hahaha!

• Love 1
(edited)

I hear you guys. There's definitely too many babies, but I also think if there weren't so many unnecessary babies/pregnancies on the show, others could be more celebrated.

It's easy to get baby burnout when folks that shouldn't have babies keep winding up pregnant! I remember ppl not wanting Sasha pregnant b/c we had just finished w/Maxie's pregnancy and BLQ's fake one, but I feel Maxie never should have been pregnant! I would much rather have seen Sasha's baby live than Maxie's. Peter's dead. Bailey Lou is pointless. 

If Molly is pregnant, I think it will be nice for Tolly, assuming she keeps it. Esme and Willow didn't need babies if you ask me, esp. Esme. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
55 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Show... do not make Molly pregnant. DO not. 

I mentioned it whenever Portia/Curtis wedding was that they tossed a couple of lines for Molly that sounded like she may be pregnant.

Sam is pushing 45. I'm younger and can't get pregnant for shit. The least they can do is write a storyline about that sort of struggle because it's real. But this show has too many useless children that we never even see anyway, so nobody would care.

Guess Gregory is sick? Do NOT make it cancer, show! DO NOT!

I wonder if there will be consequences to Anna & Co terrorizing Eileen? Like the woman is scared shitless and I'm assuming something bad will happen to her. It's Victor they should be going after, not one of his cultists. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2

I’ll hold out hope that everyone around Alexis is secretly getting poisoned because Gregory seems to be sick as well. I know it’s wrong but let me stay in my delusional bubble for another day. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Never thought the sentence “well, there is some decomposition” would make me laugh so much. 🤣 Good job with the acting, GF!

Oh, Robert - you still got it! 💕

Great makeup job on Finola!

It’s easy for me to like Liesl because I was on a GH break when her character was doing her worst, and then watching only 1-2 a week. I highly recommend it. I also like the actress’ work, especially her mother-daughter relationship with Britt and her current relationship with Nina, and she can even do comedy when warranted.

Essentially, I’m for keeping the best talent and flushing out the rest (Michael, Dex, Drew, etc.). That includes re-casting and/or changing characters, if needed.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

This is from the previews but it makes me cringe when Dante and Sam make out in front of their relatives. Double cringe when it’s their shared relatives 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
31 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

There’s not the usual suspects on today so that’s something. Just wish the scenes were less boring because I’m falling asleep. Nothings happening except recapping or idle chit chat 

I disagree. I absolutely loved the Davis Coven + TJ scenes until the last moment with the pregnancy test. I liked the writng and all three actresses looked lovely. That's the best use I've seen of Kelly Monaco in forever. The only time she really seems engaged is when she's acting with LA and HP, and sometimes with NLG.

I loved Genie's acting with the fake tears - I genuinely giggled as Laura set up Eileen and then she and Robert were gleeful together as Eileen went off to the morgue.

I loved Robert and Diane quoting and toasting coffee to Tennyson. Diane's line to Alexis about Gregory's career was hilarious, too.

I loved Dante and Chase shirtless in the sauna, and thought they had a genuinely good conversation (right up until the last moment of Dante mentioning baby Ameilia/Olivia's baby fever re: him and Sam).

The only awful thing that stuck out to me in this episode was Maxie's overall look. Who did she piss off in wardrobe, hair and makeup? Goodness gracious. First of all, that outfit belongs on an elderly woman. It's kind of a shock to the system to see the Davis sisters looking fresh and pretty together, and Maxie looking so awful with Brooklyn and then BL and Sasha. I was expecting at least a mention of baby Bailey, but nada.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

This is from the previews but it makes me cringe when Dante and Sam make out in front of their relatives. Double cringe when it’s their shared relatives 

This too!!  This couple has two mutual siblings, Kristina and Leo, and:

Mollly: Sam's sister, Dante's cousin

Avery: Dante's sister, Sam's cousin

Spencer: mutual cousin 

Dante's brother Michael's children are biological cousins of both of Sam's kids

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Just to confirm (and reiterate) it was Adam Huss birthday yesterday he thanked all for the bday love and alluded to the fact that the scene was filmed at the end of his run as he mentioned it was a pleasant surprise that it dropped on his birthday.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

I don’t get what’s different from TJ and Molly’s domestic partnership and an ordinary marriage. Yeah there might be some religious implications but a lot of the weddings on this show take place in someone’s house, a hospital or a courthouse with no religious officials in sight. They signed legal papers in a courthouse in a ceremony that didn’t seem much different than half the weddings we see on this show. It’s not like it’s some new thing people are doing and the show was trying to be hip.

I suspect the marriage issue was originally supposed to end them back in 2020 and the show tried to course correct with calling it a domestic partnership when they changed their minds even though it’s the same damn thing. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Agreed plus the rumors that Shebeast Jr is gonna be pregnant JUST STOP IT Frank!

• Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 1

Chase's suspension has lasted as long as Cam's community service. Good grief.

"I'm action-oriented." "That's Latin for 'meddler'!" Hee.

How long did Anna have to lie in that cooler? That aside, I'm liking the cheese factor of this part of the story.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

The actress playing the deputy mayor is pretty good. I didn't like the smug but she does terrified well.

I want Sam's earrings.

Chase and Dante:  I appreciated the shirtlessness but you guys are boring.

Robert deserves so much better than mob flunkey Diane. And of course Diane sees no problem with a conflict of interest. Look at how she got Alexis disbarred encouraging her to sleep with Neil.

Speaking of boring: Gregory and the 'I can't be on the editorial board because the university won't let me'. It's got to be because he thinks that he's sick. Not only would a real university not forbid it, he said that this was his last year before retiring, which would make it in June. So three months until he's free to do it. So no reason not to other than his health.

Since the 'I'm feeling unwell' and the lack of alcohol is pointing to Molly being pregnant, I'm expecting Sam to be. At least it would be a little soapy when Lulu comes back.

54 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The least they can do is write a storyline about that sort of struggle because it's real.

That would be more interesting.. but they wouldn't care unless it was for Carly.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t get what’s different from TJ and Molly’s domestic partnership and an ordinary marriage. Yeah there might be some religious implications but a lot of the weddings on this show take place in someone’s house, a hospital or a courthouse with no religious officials in sight. They signed legal papers in a courthouse in a ceremony that didn’t seem much different than half the weddings we see on this show. It’s not like it’s some new thing people are doing and the show was trying to be hip.

I suspect the marriage issue was originally supposed to end them back in 2020 and the show tried to course correct with calling it a domestic partnership when they changed their minds even though it’s the same damn thing. 

it's sort of when you say to a 4 year old, "oh you're 4!" and they go NO I AM  FOUR AND THREE QUARTERS!!

I know that having a documented partnership is a thing (usually for insurance/death/whatever,) but it's basically just... common law is it not? and it gets annoying how they go this is my DOMESTIC partner. like stop making fetch work. 

and the fact that they made it all "legal" like ... if they decide they don't want to be together, you'd have to .... un domestic partnership yourself ... like divorce, so then why not just get married? 

if you were just going to common/law it up at least be cute aboout it like Greys Anatomy's Post it wedding

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Agreed plus the rumors that Shebeast Jr is gonna be pregnant JUST STOP IT Frank!

What? Eww!!

This is a sure way for me to drop this show. I'm already this close with this Willow BS.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Isn’t it weird that no one had much of a reaction to Valentin and Anna’s death? Well in Valentin’s case, the 3 people outside of Anna who do care about him either know the truth or did have a reaction but what about Anna? More people care about her aside from the ones who know about the plan yet no one cares that she’s dead. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 4

Sonny learned more about Dex during their brief dinner date than Joss has bothered to learn about Dex all this time. In her defense, it is hard to learn about your romantic partner when your mouth is always talking about yourself.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
7 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Sonny learned more about Dex during their brief dinner date than Joss has bothered to learn about Dex all this time. In her defense, it is hard to learn about your romantic partner when your mouth is always talking about yourself.  

Joss to everyone she meets: "Enough about me, let's talk about you.  What do you think of me?"

• Applause 1
  • LOL 10
11 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

In her defense, it is hard to learn about your romantic partner when your mouth is always talking about yourself.  

I have only been watching this show for a few years (around the time the DoD story started). Has Joss always been this insufferable? She just talks at people instead of with them, like such a know-it-all.

• Like 5
57 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Isn’t it weird that no one had much of a reaction to Valentin and Anna’s death? Well in Valentin’s case, the 3 people outside of Anna who do care about him either know the truth or did have a reaction but what about Anna? More people care about her aside from the ones who know about the plan yet no one cares that she’s dead. 

I find it not just weird but also pretty unbelievable that this is the plan because it's dumb AF and if Eileen wasn't so damn stupid, she would've realized that something was amiss. Nobody is torn up or anguished over her death, the news hasn't hit the papers, because the one journalist in PC is in on the scam. 

I get that FV is fine with his actors doing outside projects, but this story has zero momentum because of it. This thing has already been stretched for too long. Anna shows up on screen every week and half to two weeks, makes out with Valentin, repeats the same line before they both vanish for another week and half to two weeks.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

In this town, there’s like a 50% chance someone will turn up alive, so why get upset until you have absolute confirmation that they’ve been beheaded or something?  😂. This isn’t the first time she’s “died” … or even the first time she’s been involved in a fake death / fake haunting plan (she did something similar in the 80s except Robert was the murder target in that case I think — not that the current residents would remember that, but they at least know dead people reappear a lot in recent years).

• LOL 4
(edited)

I am curious if Molly is pregnant whether they heard the backlash against the writing for Willow, and will address repro rights.  Molly would be the character for that kind of story.  But if they have the guts to go there, and that is a mighty big IF, in the end, Molly will choose to have the baby.  Trust. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

All they would need is a one night stand for Kristina and all three sisters could be pregnant. 

• LOL 5

I don't know why everyone is so upset at a possible pregancy from 2/3 of the Davis coven.  I mean, we haven't had a baby story in hours.  We've been waiting long enough.  

Seriously though, why would never seen Molly just starting her career or even 46 year old geriatric when it comes to pregnancy, already mother to two and stepmother to one who dumps her kids at the Q mansion any chance she gets, Sam, be given a pregnancy.  Unless they're about to wake up Lulu, there is no need to give Sante a baby and unless they're going to move Molly front and center, there is no need to give her a baby either.  

Oprah: "You get a baby and you get a baby, and you get a baby"

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 17
14 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Unless they're about to wake up Lulu, there is no need to give Sante a baby and unless they're going to move Molly front and center, there is no need to give her a baby either. 

There was no need to give Willow and Michael a baby either, yet here we are.

This is what creative bankruptcy looks like.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
On 2/20/2023 at 1:20 PM, nilyank said:

I mean seriously. Ginger snaps are delicious and despite getting her life blown up with the news that Curtis may be her dad, that doesn't get a pass with me for cookie shaming.

Honestly, this was a great day in sweeps. The other soaps were dud in comparison today.

Cassadine Island with Ryan, Heather, Ava, Felicia, Esme and knocked out Austin? Great acting, suspense, in character behavior, and soap history tied in a nice bow.

Trina and Spencer? Excellent bonding as Trina finally went up her tiptoes and kissed Spencer. And then a delighted Spencer kissed her back. In the place that they first met. I also appreciate that they were both dressed up for the wedding, so that they looked extra pretty for the kiss.

Mac, Laura, Kevin, and inept Jordan? Moved the story along, got Kevin involved and informed about his connections on the island, Laura solving mysteries and showing Jordan how to do her job.

Alexis and Gregory? I got a vibe from him. If I didn't know any better I would say he was the Hook and he sent the letter to Alexis on his old-time typewriter as their was distinct type from the letter. Although none of the dead victims has caused any harmed to his, so this is just my suspcious nature. The scene would have worked if Alexis actually spoke to Sam and found out about Esme being Ryan's.

Portia and Curtis? Eh, at least the secret is out and we don't have to have any more scenes of Portia worrying about the secret coming out and hopefully this kills Curtis baby rabies for the moment.

Maybe Portia is already pregnant, but doesn’t know.  I wouldn’t be shocked in the least if the writers go this route.

On 2/27/2023 at 1:37 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Haley grew up on the show. But her acting hasn't really evolved all that much. 

No, but she’s incredibly beautiful, with the figure to match.  She’s one of the reasons I started watching again.

• Mind Blown 1
5 hours ago, lala2 said:

I hear you guys. There's definitely too many babies, but I also think if there weren't so many unnecessary babies/pregnancies on the show, others could be more celebrated.

It's easy to get baby burnout when folks that shouldn't have babies keep winding up pregnant! I remember ppl not wanting Sasha pregnant b/c we had just finished w/Maxie's pregnancy and BLQ's fake one, but I feel Maxie never should have been pregnant! I would much rather have seen Sasha's baby live than Maxie's. Peter's dead. Bailey Lou is pointless. 

If Molly is pregnant, I think it will be nice for Tolly, assuming she keeps it. Esme and Willow didn't need babies if you ask me, esp. Esme. 

When was the last time Bailey was even mentioned, let alone seen? I honestly can't remember.

The only way I can get behind another pregnancy storyline is if this becomes a Children of the Corn scenario where these kids get together and take out some of the trash on the show.

Of course, the way this show is written, they'd probably elevate Carly as their God.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Steph J said:

When was the last time Bailey was even mentioned, let alone seen? I honestly can't remember

I think there was scene a few months where Mac and Felicia were babysitting her when they were doing Felicia’s weird baby fever moment. But other than that, I can’t recall. I doubt she’s been onscreen more than once or twice since that baby switch SL wrapped. Maxie’s kids are the most ignored even amongst the other attic kids. You would never guess she has children most of the time since she rarely mentions or is seen with them and lives in that tiny apt

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Two babies were just birthed in two unnecessary pregnancies and they're already hinting at two more?  This is like some "Village of the Damned" bullshit where all the womenfolk are knocked up by aliens at the same time. 

• Applause 4
  • LOL 5

The show can always dig into its own history and bring back Casey the Alien. Maybe the planet he's from is involved. They could be the reason why the newborns on this show are so large. 

Speaking of Casey, I remember reading an interview with a preteen Kimberly McCullough and she said people always made fun of Casey the Alien but it was also the storyline everyone wanted to talk about with her. This was pre-Stone/HIV diagnosis. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Oprah: "You get a baby and you get a baby, and you get a baby"

And why are pregnancies always such a surprise on soaps?  You're sexually active, birth control is not 100% effective, why the lack of discussion beforehand?  And the mystery involved when someone faints, scrolls through a calendar app., starts refusing alcohol.

• Like 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

or even 46 year old geriatric when it comes to pregnancy, already mother to two and stepmother to one who dumps her kids at the Q mansion any chance she gets, Sam, be given a pregnancy.  Unless they're about to wake up Lulu, there is no need to give Sante a baby 

This show likes doing pregnancy stories for women over 45 - within the last decade Olivia had Leo, Ava had Avery and most recently Carly had Donna.

I also wondered if they're about to wake up Lulu because I just can't see Laura being without all three of her children, and Dante and Sam are so boring together with no real storyline. Dante's line about Olivia having grandma baby fever and Chase asking if they want kids together seemed to come out of nowhere, other than a set-up for a pregnancy storyline. 

Also, Sam was the one declining alcohol because of feeling like she got "sick" in England.  Molly was okay with having a little alcohol. There's no drama to be gained from Molly being pregnant; she and TJ are in love and in a stable relationship. This show launches pregnancy storylines (out of laziness, I believe)  to mine drama from them. I think Molly using the word "love" for Dante and Sam was deliberate (also, news to me!). They don't seem like a couple with plans to make a formal or legal commitment to each other. Do Rocco and Sam even have their own stepson-step mom type relationship? Also, Dante only let go of comatose Lulu because he felt he couldn't live in limbo for his own sake or Rocco's.

There's also the factor that GH likes gross (see: Charlotte's conception). The idea of Sam getting pregnant by both a father and son is gross. I don't care that it was more than a decade ago or that the baby girl died at birth. The fact remains Sam was once pregnant with Dante's sister due to an affair/relationship with Sonny. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3

Yeesh, no more babies for a while, please! And on any other show, the scenes with Kristina talking about both her sisters being in happy, healthy relationships, and then them assuring her she would find someone would be a sign that 

(A) Kristina is about to have a romantic storyline.

And/or (B) one or both her sisters relationships will be in trouble 

( Yeah, I'm voting for a recast LuLu waking up)

• Like 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Two babies were just birthed in two unnecessary pregnancies and they're already hinting at two more?  This is like some "Village of the Damned" bullshit where all the womenfolk are knocked up by aliens at the same time. 

All the soaps have been turning into Ellen Wheeler's Mormon-ized Guiding Light for at least the last decade. By the end of that show (and several other soaps near the end, like AMC on ABC) there were so many children and babies onscreen you needed a Pepe Silvia flowchart from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

When non-controversial heterocentric baby stories are the easiest thing to get greenlit onscreen and nobody wants to do anything but cruise on the dwindling viewers they have, this is what you get.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also, Sam was the one declining alcohol because of feeling like she got "sick" in England.  Molly was okay with having a little alcohol. There's no drama to be gained from Molly being pregnant; she and TJ are in love and in a stable relationship. This show launches pregnancy storylines (out of laziness, I believe)  to mine drama from them. I think Molly using the word "love" for Dante and Sam was deliberate (also, news to me!). They don't seem like a couple with plans to make a formal or legal commitment to each other. Do Rocco and Sam even have their own stepson-step mom type relationship? Also, Dante only let go of comatose Lulu because he felt he couldn't live in limbo for his own sake or Rocco's.

This is exactly why there will be no drama out of Lulu waking up. Sam and Dante already said they loved each other, which is well and good, I guess. But they've done absolutely nothing to build a relationship between Sam and Rocco or between Dante and Danny/Scout. The only time we saw the kids hanging out was for a hot minute something like two years ago.

Like I don't have the sense that these guys are a family. I know they live together, but that's the extent of it. Danny's father died, how is his relationship with his mother's boyfriend? Are they close? Does he see him as a father figure? Ditto Rocco and Sam and even Scout and Dante. Scout's father is back in the picture, but how does she get on with Dante?

They've made no effort to establish or grow these relationships. They didn't even bother paying them lip service. 

How is this even a soap when the writers consistently suck the drama out of everything?

• Like 2
  • Applause 6