Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Joss didn't know that Dex was working undercover when she asked everyone to keep her relationship to Dex a secret. Sonny told his employee to stay away from his stepdaughter and from that everyone (meaning Joss and Carly) jumped to "Sonny is going to murder Dex if he finds out".

Exactly. Sonny would obviously retaliate if he finds out someone is plotting against but joss assumes he would kill Dex solely on the basis of him dating her, which we knew was laughable because the most he’d do is tell Dex to dump her or he’d fire him. Sonny eventually accepted Jason boning his own sister.

The only time I remember him trying to have someone killed over dating his relative is when he tried to kill Johnny Z over Kristina when they fake dated but she was either underage or freshly legal while Johnny was much older and an enemy, not an employee. In that case, I’m assuming he thought Kristina was getting taken advantage of for revenge 

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Um, is it appropriate to be talking so much about the Amelia actor's size?  ... 😂🤣 just kidding, y'all!!  Whether that boy is a baby, toddler, or practically pre-teen... he's a cutie. 

I think we have all forgotten that Bailey was also a cute, big baby when she was born. But then again Maxie was pregnant for almost 12 months, so that did explain the size.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I think we have all forgotten that Bailey was also a cute, big baby when she was born. But then again Maxie was pregnant for almost 12 months, so that did explain the size.

I thought it was more like 2 years!

• LOL 4

Today, my husband joined me for his biannual GH viewing (and as always, it’s amazing how little I needed to tell him to catch him up). 
“Whose baby is that?” he asked. “…Wait, so that’s supposed to be a newborn? That kid is seven years old!”

LOL. Give or take.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Today, my husband joined me for his biannual GH viewing (and as always, it’s amazing how little I needed to tell him to catch him up).

The other day Mr Blackie, on one of his rare moments he is in the room while I am watching, said "who has amnesia now?"  😆

• LOL 12
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

The other day Mr Blackie, on one of his rare moments he is in the room while I am watching, said "who has amnesia now?"  😆

Oh, Mr. Helens doesn’t even bat an eye at the amnesia anymore, but when I told him about Esme’s, he did wonder what nobody puts guardrails on the parapet. “People are always flying off that thing!”

• LOL 11
On 2/24/2023 at 3:25 PM, ffwbe said:

The Joss/Dex angst doesn’t particularly work if they are on the same side. Maybe he should have kept her in the dark so she could keep lecturing him on the mob. What’s the conflict exactly?

Who doesn't enjoy the recent gaslighting that Joss has been anti-mob all along?  Is the viewer supposed to ignore years of her being a 'mean-girl' and cancel culturing any-and-every-one who didn't bow down to Carson? 

Not so fast... .

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
33 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Who doesn't enjoy the recent gaslighting that Joss has been anti-mob all along?

I remember how SHOCKED and APPALLED Joss was that Cam would even consider that Jason, a professional murderer who hated Franco, might have killed Franco. She made him grovel for that.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
27 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Who doesn't enjoy the recent gaslighting that Joss has been anti-mob all along?

I remember how SHOCKED and APPALLED Joss was that Cam would even consider that Jason, a professional murderer who hated Franco, might have killed Franco. She made him grovel for that.

Cam thought a HIT MAN killed someone and Joss had a hard time getting passed that sort of "insane thinking."

In conclusion, Joss sucks. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2

When OLTL was still on the air, I’d occasionally be watching a tape of the previous week at my mom’s house. She’d walk into the room and ask if Asa was still on the show lol! And we’re talking YEARS in between viewings. 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Honestly, she’s always come off kind of dumb and brainwashed to me (at least since her teens years and on) and no amount of other characters saying how smart she is changes things for me. She parrots Carly’s opinions and changes up on people the same time she does. I’ve yet to see her possess an original thought. It’s a bizarre decision for her character because I can’t think of another legacy character who echos everything single thing their parent thinks. Familial and generational conflict is kind of a cornerstone to this genre. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Who doesn't enjoy the recent gaslighting that Joss has been anti-mob all along?  Is the viewer supposed to ignore years of her being a 'mean-girl' and cancel culturing any-and-every-one who didn't bow down to Carson? 

Forget years.  two weeks ago or whenever Cam found out about Baby Jason, Joss basically said if he didn't keep the secret, she'd get Baby Jason to kill Cam. 

You know. 
Her childhood best friend, first love, first sexual partner, and the one she was crocodile tear-ing all over that he just couldn't get over her dumping him and why couldn't we still be friends?

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

. She parrots Carly’s opinions and changes up on people the same time she does. I’ve yet to see her possess an original thought. It’s a bizarre decision for her character because I can’t think of another legacy character who echos everything single thing their parent thinks. Familial and generational conflict is kind of a cornerstone to this genre. 

Truthfully, Joss should have always hated Sonny for what he did to Jax during the custody hearing and she should hate Carly for basically being known as a mobster's family member. (and this is sort of the issue of the show at large). 

the show missed a HUGE opportunity to have legitmate beef with the Church blowing up because Joss should have been severely hurt/uglified. - or if not that, Jax should have been killed by something mobby vs just going to Australia and not even having a "Fake Jax to call home etc. Then this anti mob thing makes sense. 

she just hates sonny for the same reason Michael does. Sonny dared stop kissing Carly's butt and left her. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 5

Liz rushing to confess makes no sense to me. Nik is MIA as far as she knows and why wouldn’t she wait for Esme’s memories to come back? No one was even looking into where Esme was 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
46 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Liz rushing to confess makes no sense to me. Nik is MIA as far as she knows and why wouldn’t she wait for Esme’s memories to come back? No one was even looking into where Esme was 

It really doesn't.  This story is so stupid because none of Liz's actions make any sense.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

Zipped through the last two weeks last night, and I'm still not impressed with the Tabyana's Trina. Maybe it's her voice, I don't know. I just know that Sydney would have been much better.

Same with Alley as Heather. Nope. Not Heather to me.

Okay, sure, Ryan set up Esme to befriend/get close to/become Spencer's girlfriend and to get Nik in bed. But Nik was no helpless innocent. He couldn't say no? He couldn't have turned her down and refused? Oh poor, poor Nick, the hapless one. So as far as that plot point-Ryan may have set it up, but Nik didn't have to go with it.

Taggert's dialogue was the only thing good.

Jordan actress is horrible and she SUCKS as Commissioner. Just make Mac Commish again. or Robert. He's wasted as the DA.

Genie is just so beautiful.

That's all I got.

• Like 13

I swear this show has no idea what to do with Liz! Her huge anniversary story crashed and burned. She no longer goes into fugue states and I guess has come to terms with pushing Reiko down the steps?!? Her issues with her parents have also resolved I guess. I don’t know! 🤷🏾‍♀️

They pushed her into Nikolas’s plot, which could have led to those two reconnecting. Unlike many, I had zero issues with Niz holding Esme hostage, and if I couldn’t have Nava, I would have been happy with Niz. MC and ReHe had great chemistry. Rebecca even mentioned wanting to go there too. But MC was fired, Nik was killed, and now Liz is foolishly insistent on confessing. It’s lame. 

Can’t they come up with an interesting story for Liz? Can’t they make her actions make sense? She hid a dead body and never confessed! Esme is perfectly fine and doesn’t even remember. Let it go. If she did remember, deny it! Why would they take Esme’s word over Liz’s?!

Edited by lala2
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
On 2/24/2023 at 7:51 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Baby Ace is also the nephew of Franco. He is related to the Davis coven, Sam and Lulu's kids. 

That child has a huge extended family.

I choose to believe this isn't the case. In my opinion MC's Nik is an imposter which makes this new lame baby no Cassadine relative and removes Spencer from the responsibility of having to take care of his "sibling". MC never behaved like Nik to me and though Nik was no Saint, having sex with his son's teenage girlfriend and blaming it on her is a stretch.  Although Esme is an absolute sociopath who should be locked up Nik would still take responsibility for his part, as he did when he slept with Liz. Plus he simply doesn't have the Cassadine manners, posture or overall behaviour that NAC and NB before him took great pains to show.

Regardless Esme needs to pay and the idea that amnesia would somehow reform a sociopath is wild, especially given that both her parents are also sociopaths (Ryan, full blown) and her uncle is a therapist he should know this. Sociopathy is a chemical imbalance. It doesn't somehow repair itself with amnesia and the suggestion is rather absurd.

Perhaps if they hadn't written Esme into a box nearly immediately they wouldn't have this problem. But even other known villains on the show like Ava or Carly have shown empathy for others in one form or another. Esme was written and performed entirely without empathy and that's not something a bump on the head can resolve.

Edited by slayer2
Realized *Franco is supposed to be a Webber somehow due to Heather and Jason's Mom. Sorry I blacked out during the retconning of making Franco a Quartermaine.
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

Esme was written and performed entirely without empathy and that's not something a bump on the head can resolve.

Franco was redeemed (ahem) with a tumor, so amnesia isn't a giant step from that. It's GH, so any perceived redemption will always be done as lazily as possible.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Zipped through the last two weeks last night, and I'm still not impressed with the Tabyana's Trina. Maybe it's her voice, I don't know. I just know that Sydney would have been much better.

Same with Alley as Heather. Nope. Not Heather to me.

I actually prefer Tabyana, I think she's a stronger actress and I haven't seen a false moment yet. I saw quite a few of SM's scenes as Trina and enjoyed her performance mostly although I did feel sometimes it was very hit and miss like Leo and Claire's performance in Romeo and Juliet when it's on, it's perfect but when it's off it's off. I find Tabyana's performance to be heavier and more grounded. I feel like people may be forgetting that since TA showed up she's had nothing but heavy, dark scenes to play and she delivered. SM had the benefit of playing 3 years of Trina and even in her last year we got to see her light, fun side.

Unfortunately for TA since she was recast in the middle of the trial Trina has had non-stop turmoil. From the trial, amd harrassment from Esme to Rory's death, the Hook and the paternity reveal. I hope they give TA some lighter moments to play, I know she enjoys comedy and I'm sure it can be pretty exhausting to be playing a character in such a dark space all the time.

When Trina finally started to move forward from the trial then Rory's death happened then she got the paternity fallout. I remember playing a character who lost their family for six months and I was surprised to learn I was a bit of a method actor because it's hard to shake that stuff off when you wade in it for long periods of time. I hope they give both NAC and TA some lighter moments otherwise that's a really good way to burnout actors especially when they're new to the medium.

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Franco was redeemed (ahem) with a tumor, so amnesia isn't a giant step from that. It's GH, so any perceived redemption will always be done as lazily as possible.

Ugh, how depressing. I mean I guess a tumour could ostensibly eat the sociopathic part of the brain but damn, really?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Jordan actress is horrible and she SUCKS as Commissioner. Just make Mac Commish again. or Robert. He's wasted as the DA.

I don't want Mac or Robert in the job.  Police commisioner in a town run by a mob family will always look inefectual.  Let Jordan be the one who comes across as too stupid to be able to do the job, rather than MY Scorpio men.  

• Like 5
32 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

I find Tabyana's performance to be heavier and more grounded. I feel like people may be forgetting that since TA showed up she's had nothing but heavy, dark scenes to play and she delivered. SM had the benefit of playing 3 years of Trina and even in her last year we got to see her light, fun side.

Sydney also had some dark material--when she thought Taggert had been killed; when she and Cameron were caught between cross-fire; when Cyrus was holding her and Portia hostage. She just had more...personality and for the lack of a better word, "oomph" when playing Trina. Her rage against Curtis.

But tomato, tomahto and all that.

• Like 10
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, sunnyface said:

And if she's so anti-mob, she should have some issues with Mom as well, since Carly was practically running the thing during the Nixon Falls period, and it wasn't even her first time subbing for Sonny at crime-boss meetings. That was going on way back in the Tamara Braun era, before there was a Josslyn. 

Oh, that's right, (1) it was Nina's fault for keeping Sonny from his family for nine months, and for the parts that can't cover, (2) Sonny ruined Carly's life, and she spent years making excuses for him and looking the other way.  

• Like 7
  • Love 6

Liz for weeks "Omg i need to turn myself in to clear my conscience . It's the right thing to do."

Liz today: "OMG did I do the right thing by turning myself in?" Shut up Liz

Also Joss comes in and info dumps on Trina, when anyone with a heart would see that Trina is CLEARLY upset. shut up Joss

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sydney also had some dark material--when she thought Taggert had been killed; when she and Cameron were caught between cross-fire; when Cyrus was holding her and Portia hostage. She just had more...personality and for the lack of a better word, "oomph" when playing Trina. Her rage against Curtis.

But tomato, tomahto and all that.

I saw some of those storylines and still felt she was hit and miss but she also had the chance to showcase Trina's personality, her passion for art and just act like a teenager hanging out in the park. Her initial scenes of flirtation with Spencer were allowed to be just that with no underlying current of malice or mistrust.

TA hasn't had a chance to play Trina as just Trina yet because she came in in the midst of the trial then hopped straight to Rory's death and the paternity, een the long awaited kiss came out of another spectacle and wasn't an isolated moment which it usually is for soap couples especially ones that have been plotted out for a year.

I think the pacing was probably better written when SM was on because there were moments to breathe in between all the chaos. But they wrapped TA's Trina up in the Hook plot and paternity scandal then seemingly forgot about half of it then it looks like they tried to wrap it all up at once. She really hasn't had a chance to show a bubblier or happier side of Trina.

We didn't even get a moment to breathe from their first kiss to them finding out that Esme is pregnant and at Wyndemere with Ryan and Heather or that Esme is their daughter. That's a LOT of story to drop at once.

That's a pacing issue IMO but since TA has been on they've been flooding the character with plot points so there's been no opportunity to see Trina just being Trina reading an art book or preparing a gallery showing. I hope we can get to see more of Trina in this romantic situation and not just at the peril of everyone's terrible decisions.

56 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

(2) Sonny ruined Carly's life, and she spent years making excuses for him and looking the other way.  

I love that you brought this up because I've always felt that TB's Carly had brain damage. I fanwanked that as the reason the character took such an about-face Sonny Sonny Sonny attitude mid-TB run. I know the actor hated it as well. I blame Sonny shooting her in the head while she was GIVING BIRTH. It's no wonder Morgan had mental health issues. That's the kind of trauma that sticks, Mother Hunger and attachment issues and all that. I am unsurprised that he is in the grave but also disappointed because he's the ONLY child of Sonny's I actually like.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I thought I was going to like Molly as a lawyer but it doesn’t work for me whenever we see her in the role. It’s a shame because it made sense on paper with her parents, being an overachiever in school and wanting to advocate

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Of course Curtis would blast Jordan. I mean, it’s not like he practically mocked her saying how he and Portia have no secrets and a completely honest relationship, unlike there’s where she kept work information from him 

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Of course Curtis would blast Jordan. I mean, it’s not like he practically mocked her saying how he and Portia have no secrets and a completely honest relationship, unlike there’s where she kept work information from him 

Trying to use her as a punching bag so he doesn't take it out on Portia is vile. It's not her business or her place to be telling him these things. It's between him and Portia. This is the very definition of "Why am I involved in this?" Go home and talk to your WIFE, Curtis.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Joss telling Trina to take things slow with Spencer is a choice considering she’s in an instant relationship with a guy she barely knows 

Yes, it feels like the people who write Joss and Carly change daily because they often dole out really sound advice however it's advice they themselves have NEVER taken.

Trina should try moving quickly for a change. Girl, hasn't had a chance to be a teenager in some time.

• Like 11
On 2/24/2023 at 6:54 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Also Rocco and Charlotte's cousin.

I thought of them, but as far as I'm aware Rocco is a non-entity (part of Dante and Sam holiday "family scenes" only) unless Lulu wakes up and Charlotte is only ever seen/mentioned regarding Valentin. With the way this show has been going I'm not sure Rocco and Charlotte are even aware they even remember they have an uncle Nikolas let alone that they were going to have a new baby cousin.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I thought I was going to like Molly as a lawyer but it doesn’t work for me whenever we see her in the role. It’s a shame because it made sense on paper with her parents, being an overachiever in school and wanting to advocate

Shouldn't she have recused herself immediately when Elizabeth brought up Nikolas - not after the statement? Or as soon as she saw Elizabeth? Not only is Nikolas Molly's cousin, but Elizabeth is Molly's dad's ex-wife.

ETA: Not to mention, Dante should also recuse himself because his son Rocco and Elizabeth's son Aiden are cousins (via parents Lucky and Lulu Spencer), and Nikolas is also Rocco's uncle since Nikolas is Lulu's brother.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
48 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

He wants somewhere to place the blame. I thought it was interesting that Jordan had to ask him if he's spoken to Trina and his response involved the words "I may replace the father she loves" and that Trina has accused him of trying to take her father's place. Wasn't that conflict well before the wedding? It's sad that he didn't decide to go talk to Trina until Jordan said something. 

It looks like Esme is getting her memory back, between the beaming smile of pride at Spencer about her baby boy, and referring to the baby as "Ace" again.

I rolled my eyes at Ava sorta yelling at Austin to get out of the hospital bed and come back with her to Spoon Island before the police find Nikolas's body.

• Like 5

After the weird scene with Ava and Austin, I’m starting to think Finn found Nik and is helping him recover. It makes no sense at all, but then very little about Nik’s “death” makes sense to me.

3 hours ago, slayer2 said:

I choose to believe this isn't the case. In my opinion MC's Nik is an imposter which makes this new lame baby no Cassadine relative and removes Spencer from the responsibility of having to take care of his "sibling". MC never behaved like Nik to me and though Nik was no Saint, having sex with his son's teenage girlfriend and blaming it on her is a stretch.  Although Esme is an absolute sociopath who should be locked up Nik would still take responsibility for his part, as he did when he slept with Liz. Plus he simply doesn't have the Cassadine manners, posture or overall behaviour that NAC and NB before him took great pains to show.

I would love for this to be the case, but I feel it’s too good and complex a storyline for the show. Crossing my fingers that I’m wrong.

18 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I rolled my eyes at Ava sorta yelling at Austin to get out of the hospital bed and come back with her to Spoon Island before the police find Nikolas's body.

Yes! It’s an especially good time to move something heavy after being stabbed in the gut.

On another subject, I’m adding my “not a fan of TA’s Trina” opinion to the mix. In watching her scenes, I see her as a high school student still, fragile and overprotected by her parents. Not as a young woman, going to university, enjoying art and being able to share a friendship with dangerous and world weary Ava.

Dressing her in a cute pink gown at the wedding and having her act like a spoiled brat wanting answers from her mom in front of everyone, did not help.

It’s almost like the show is basing her character on her petite stature instead of who Trina was.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
36 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Shouldn't she have recused herself immediately when Elizabeth brought up Nikolas - not after the statement? Or as soon as she saw Elizabeth? Not only is Nikolas Molly's cousin, but Elizabeth is Molly's dad's ex-wife.

She did say she had to go talk to Robert and recuse herself once Liz implicated Nikolas. I don’t consider her connections to Liz to be enough to recuse herself. Irl, definitely but on GH she wouldn’t be able to work if she couldn’t try cases that she had  tenuous ties to. Liz and Ric were married before she was even born and dated for less than a year like a decade ago after that. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I thought I was going to like Molly as a lawyer but it doesn’t work for me whenever we see her in the role.

I think it's just because Haley looks so young.  When she walked in with her high heels and the briefcase, she came across as a kid play acting at being a lawyer.  It's the age and the lack of gravitas, which isn't Haley's fault.  

38 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Charlotte is only ever seen/mentioned regarding Valentin

Charlotte is related from both sides though, as a Cassadine via Valentin and as Nik's sister daughter.  

39 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Not only is Nikolas Molly's cousin, but Elizabeth is Molly's dad's ex-wife.

If Molly or Dante recused themselves every time a relative got into trouble, they'd never work.  

10 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Yes! It’s an especially good time to move something heavy after being stabbed in the gut.

"Yesterday".  With a fishing hook.  That required several layers of stitches and staples and who knows what else.  

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I think it's just because Haley looks so young.  When she walked in with her high heels and the briefcase, she came across as a kid play acting at being a lawyer.  It's the age and the lack of gravitas, which isn't Haley's fault.  

Tbh I don’t think she looks younger than her age. I would guess early to mid 20s if I saw her. Perhaps it’s because the cast skews on the older side that throws me off with her. It’s hard for me to buy her in the role when her professional peers on the show are all 20-40 years older than her, some of whom have known her for her entire life. 

• Like 4

Ugh, Curtis is such a tool. Jordan shouldn't have stuck her nose into things, but Curtis's beef is with Portia, not Jordan.

"Has anyone brought up a DNA test?" THANK YOU, Jordan. I can't watch everyone whine how Curtis may be—may be!—Trina's dad when no one is doing anything to find out if it's true.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Joss telling Trina to take things slow with Spencer is a choice considering she’s in an instant relationship with a guy she barely knows 

Seriously. Shut up, Joss.

I hope Spencer takes Laura's advice to heart. I don't want to watch days of him wearing a hair shirt about how Ryan used him.

• Like 12
15 minutes ago, Desperado said:

After the weird scene with Ava and Austin, I’m starting to think Finn found Nik and is helping him recover. It makes no sense at all, but then very little about Nik’s “death” makes sense to me.

I would love for this to be the case, but I feel it’s too good and complex a storyline for the show. Crossing my fingers that I’m wrong.

On another subject, I’m adding my “not a fan of TA’s Trina” opinion to the mix. In watching her scenes, I see her as a high school student still, fragile and overprotected by her parents. Not as a young woman, going to university, enjoying art and being able to share a friendship with dangerous and world weary Ava.

Dressing her in a cute pink gown at the wedding and having her act like a spoiled brat wanting answers from her mom in front of everyone, did not help.

It’s almost like the show is basing her character on her petite stature instead of who Trina was.

Yeah but that's the writing and wardrobe. I liked the dress, I have a dress sort of similar (in my 40s) however since it was a bridesmaid dress it's unlikely that Trina chose it. From a narrative perspective it makes sense from Portia to select a princess-y dress given that Portia is very girly and sees Trina as her little girl.

I don't personally feel she's spoiled for wanting answers from her mother, especially since her mother was given the opportunity to come clean about the possibility of Trina being Curtis' daughter when the affair came out. It's also par for the course for characters to publicly address their parents' and their deceit on this show. I think Trina has a lot more right to be upset about something that directly affects her than Michael and Joss being angry at Sonny for not choosing Carly.

I certainly don't think Stella helped matters by vaguing it up and being alarmingly cryptic when they went to see her. If someone was responding to me that way my anxiety would skyrocket.

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Curtis is such a tool. Jordan shouldn't have stuck her nose into things, but Curtis's beef is with Portia, not Jordan.

"Has anyone brought up a DNA test?" THANK YOU, Jordan. I can't watch everyone whine how Curtis may be—may be!—Trina's dad when no one is doing anything to find out if it's true.

Seriously. Shut up, Joss.

I hope Spencer takes Laura's advice to heart. I don't want to watch days of him wearing a hair shirt about how Ryan used him.

I hope the same but I'm afraid that the show has decided that NAC's niche as Spencer is blaming himself and feeling generally awful. There's no other reason for a year and a half of pining over both Trina and Nikolas to have one storyline move at a glacial pace and the other have no resolution whatsoever. I feel like all they're going to give him is angst, which sucks.

The more you dig into the Spencer/ImposterNik/Ava storyline the more miserable it becomes as Spencer will find out he's dead, then find out Ava was involved then find out his father never pushed Esme and he only admitted to it to exonerate Ava and  then everyone will want Esme to raise her baby and be free and on and on and so forth and it just gets uglier and uglier for him. The only bright spot is Trina and they only see each other a couple times  a month so *sigh*

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Tbh I don’t think she looks younger than her age. I would guess early to mid 20s if I saw her. Perhaps it’s because the cast skews on the older side that throws me off with her.

Agreed.  Haley's 24 in real life but looks a little younger, because she's got the baby faced look and she's tiny.  The same with Kristina.  LA is 30 yrs old but Kristina still looks and acts way younger.  As for Molly, her work peers are Robert, Scotty, Diane, Martin, even Alexis.  She's going to look tiny and young by comparison.  

5 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

I certainly don't think Stella helped matters by vaguing it up and being alarmingly cryptic when they went to see her

In Stella's defence, Jordan basically lobbed her a grenade and then said "see ya".  Stella had no choice but to hand off the grenade to Trina while simultaneously trying to protect everyone involved.  

44 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It looks like Esme is getting her memory back,

I don't know if she has got her memory back but she has got her fiestiness back and it seems like if she has a choice of going to jail while Spencer and Laura look after the baby or taking the baby and going on the lam with crazy Heather, I think she may pick the latter.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I thought I was going to like Molly as a lawyer but it doesn’t work for me whenever we see her in the role

I thought she was very mature and believable.

9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I would guess early to mid 20s if I saw her. Perhaps it’s because the cast skews on the older side that throws me off with her. It’s hard for me to buy her in the role when her professional peers on the show are all 20-40 years older than her, some of whom have known her for her entire life. 

I went to a dermatologist last month, I think maybe he was still a resident but he was old enough to go to uni, finish med school etc and he looked 18 years old to me 😆

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

For me, the best scenes today were Laura and Spencer. Spencer blamed himself because for a young adult the world revolves around him and so he thought he should have been able to avoid getting manipulated. And Laura was perfect as a distraught mother/grandmother.

I'm not a big fan of Jordan but good for her telling Curtis that he needs to speak to Portia instead of ragging on her.

And Curtis, Trina told you that you're not her real father so back off because you were treating her like a 14 year old and laying down your rules instead of a 20 year old who is only staying in your house because it's not safe for her at her dorm.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

It makes sense on paper but the actress has no gravitas. Sometimes gravitas comes with age but you can act it too.  Spencer is younger than Molly but NAC can bring gravitas when he needs to.

51 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If people on this show recused themselves every time there was a connection, no one would be able to get any work done.

21 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Yes to all of this.  It makes it more logical for Curtis to act heavy-handed towards her but it does the character of Trina no credit. Nor is it logical because it makes Joss seem so much older than Trina, into her second sexual relationship while Trina is still giggling over having kissed a boy.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

For me, the best scenes today were Laura and Spencer. Spencer blamed himself because for a young adult the world revolves around him and so he thought he should have been able to avoid getting manipulated. And Laura was perfect as a distraught mother/grandmother.

I'm not a big fan of Jordan but good for her telling Curtis that he needs to speak to Portia instead of ragging on her.

And Curtis, Trina told you that you're not her real father so back off because you were treating her like a 14 year old and laying down your rules instead of a 20 year old who is only staying in your house because it's not safe for her at her dorm.

It makes sense on paper but the actress has no gravitas. Sometimes gravitas comes with age but you can act it too.  Spencer is younger than Molly but NAC can bring gravitas when he needs to.

If people on this show recused themselves every time there was a connection, no one would be able to get any work done.

Yes to all of this.  It makes it more logical for Curtis to act heavy-handed towards her but it does the character of Trina no credit. Nor is it logical because it makes Joss seem so much older than Trina, into her second sexual relationship while Trina is still giggling over having kissed a boy.

Strengthens my belief that they should have had Spencer and Trina have grief sex. It should be happening right now. Telling someone to "take it slow" when there's been a year and a half of build up means you're treating the character with kid gloves. I saw them do this to Bonnie on TVD as well and it's disturbing. I've yet to see GH really give a Black female character a healthy sexual life. Even Keesha was incredibly chaste.

In terms of being small in stature that may play a role as it took them a while to be make Robin sexually viable but they did eventually with Stone, Jason and Patrick. I tend to think that was more due to them having grown up with her as a child actor as Vanessa is about Tabyana's size and Brenda was very much sexualized although they did infantalize her quite a bit.

I actually have quite a bit to say about this because I have been lamenting Trina's lack of lipstick for awhile. She has an incredible body and beautiful skin that a lot of colours would look lovely against. There is a disturbing trend on soaps to downplay the beauty of Black actresses on the show (the do this to Elena on Y and R) I can't for the life of me understand why someone who is deeply in love with a man and is finally starting to date him wouldn't be allowed to wear a nice red lippy or a red dress. Red is stature on soaps and TV for the sexual viability of women. If you noticed Brenda, Joss, Carly all wearing a red lip when it was time to pair them up. The chaste, muted pinks are a choice on the part of the makeup and wardrobe team and I don't like that.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1