Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Preach @WendyCR72! I still refer to Charlotte as "the abomination", and I'm not ashamed. I'm all for her being de-Spencered and sent off to boarding school permanently, never to be mentioned again. Especially since they were never going to do the only thing I was ever interested in for her - which was to make her a true Bad Seed, a mini-Helena.

• Applause 4

I think the actors have chem (unlike others) so I’ve kinda given them a pass but I don’t get Valentin/Anna as a couple. More specifically, I don't get at all why Anna is into him. It’s like they tried to establish that she can only work with a shady guy, which I don’t think is really the case. I saw some older clips of them and their history is gross so Anna giving him a chance makes me side eye the hell out of her. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5

I was a bit bored today, so I was just noticing how so many of the women have really long, straight hair: Portia, Terry, Jordan, Anna, Sasha, Felicia, Willow, Charlotte, and Trina today, but also BLQ, Lucy, Sam, Joss and Laura. ...and it looks like Cam might be growing his out, too. 🤣 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

Carly: Nina has no self control. 
Me: Show - having Carly say this is stupid STUPID

The writing has zero awareness for how they write Carly.  She only has empathy for those in her small, chosen circle (aka people who kiss her ass), she's a bully, she's a liar, she's entitled, etc, etc, etc.  The fact she can be a total asshole to Nina's face as if she hadn't just blown up her world and make it seem like NINA is the problem?  Fuck her.

Having said that, Sonny's right in that she shouldn't let Drew forgiving Nina so quickly get to her (though I wish he had added "because he has no spine" after "that's just the way Drew is').  however, if she wants to drop a line to the SEC?  I won't complain.

I liked the last scene with Curtis and Marshall, Stella's back in town for three minutes and already knows something is fishy with Trina's geneology, and Portia acting like an idiot to Jordan today.  If only because of her acting like Jordan is trying to upset her perfect little family when she's the one holding a giant secret, I can't wait for that to blow up in her face (even though I'll be bummed for Taggart).

• Fire 2
  • Applause 11
29 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Nina going after Carly isn't going to help her cause of in her daughter and grandchildren lives. Just stupid to focus on her, Sonny is right.

Willow didn't completely shut Nina down and was very polite about why she couldn't be vulnerable with Nina given their history.

Nina has a memorial for Britt to attend and in a few hours Willow c-section will most likely be done.

She has more important things to focus on rather than gawking at Drew and Carly. They are not that interesting and I wish the show would move on from this dull story of them having to be secret lovers due to the silly insider trading storyline.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

This "We can't be seen together because Insider Trading" is so stupid. Michael was CEO of Aurora at the time of the attempted merger. He would have been in the thick of things if there was any insider trading.

While I'd love it if Nina were the one to make the decisions for an unconscious Willow, unless Michael is as bad at business as we think he's got Willow's medical Power of Attorney.

I wish that people would stop calling Trina "baby". It infantalizes her even more. The hovering and overprotectiveness is  bad

I'm glad that there is some focus on the Black families in Port Charles but nobody needs another Carly. Shut up Portia. Of course Taggart talked about his daughter's safely with the police commissioner. Everything she says is projection. Curtis is not that big a prize.

6 hours ago, Desperado said:

Are more than middle age couple into sex that much? I closed that book a while ago and have no clue.

One of the fasting growing groups getting sexually transmitted diseases is in longterm care homes. Those guys just don't want to wear a condom.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Stella was weirdly pushy about taking Trina to GH and seeing Portia.

She and Jordan are the only ones who put together the genetic tests puzzle. Stella should have  been running the PI agency rather than Curtis. She could have made a success of it.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wish that people would stop calling Trina "baby". It infantalizes her even more. The hovering and overprotectiveness is  bad

i honestly never see that as infantalizing her. I come from a massive family, I am basically turning middle age, and i still get called, baby, precious, pumpkin etc from my older family members. I often just see it as a term of an endearment.  (though i mean i get itchy when i hear couples call each other that because that bugs me, so i get it - i just don't think that's what it is for Trina)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Uh-oh. Felicia was talking to Anna and said something about getting "justice for Luke." She's waking a sleeping bear. Anna might make #justiceforLewk her new slogan now. It even rhymes.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Uh-oh. Felicia was talking to Anna and said something about getting "justice for Luke." She's waking a sleeping bear. Anna might make #justiceforLewk her new slogan now. It even rhymes.

I thought the exact same thing and might have even cringed.  Thoughts and prayers to those of us who lived thru making Duke a saint in death. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I think the actors have chem (unlike others) so I’ve kinda given them a pass but I don’t get Valentin/Anna as a couple. More specifically, I don't get at all why Anna is into him. It’s like they tried to establish that she can only work with a shady guy, which I don’t think is really the case. I saw some older clips of them and their history is gross so Anna giving him a chance makes me side eye the hell out of her. 

They have so much chemistry that I do not care about the past. They're pretty much the only couple on this show who DOES have heat together. Carly and Drew look like siblings going at it, they are so chemistry free. I find myself smiling thru the Anna/Val scenes. Not much else about this show makes me smile. 

• Like 10

UGH. Watching Nina ask Drew how he could forgive the SheBeast after only one day, or whatever she said, and how it all played out? Gave me visions of Robin wonderfully BITCHSLAPPING the beast back in the day.

I know, I know, the two have nothing to do with each other, but it brought a smile to my face, because at least there was ONE person who pushed back and didn't kiss Cujo's ass.

• Like 13
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

UGH. Watching Nina ask Drew how he could forgive the SheBeast after only one day, or whatever she said, and how it all played out? Gave me visions of Robin wonderfully BITCHSLAPPING the beast back in the day.

I know, I know, the two have nothing to do with each other, but it brought a smile to my face, because at least there was ONE person who pushed back and didn't kiss Cujo's ass.

While I wish Nina would just ignore them, it was nice to see Drew being called out for being a spineless hypocrite since he wants to stand on being an upstanding and honest guy. No one else is going to call him out but he’s very much the company he keeps.

Excusing Carly’s actions and continuing to allow her in your life makes you just as low as her. She doesn’t have any reason to change her behavior when there’s no repercussions for her actions. Yes, there’s plenty of good people in the world who typically do the right thing and can be selfless but she isn’t one of them. She’s only going to do the right thing if she directly benefits from it or if she’s faced with losing something that’s important to her. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2

If this were real life I would advise Nina to ignore them, continue being gorgeous and rich, and love her man.  IRL Carly would dig her own grave all by herself, because no one can live like that and have any relationships last.  But since this is a soap, where's the drama in that?  Also from what I have gathered on Twitter clips, Cynthia is amazing at playing breakdowns, meltdowns, etc.  So...I don't want her portrayed as the evil one, and Carly as the saint, but I solved that by fast forwarding every time I see Carly's face.  In my world, Carly doesn't exist except peripherally.  It's working for me. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 4

Nina should start some kind of charity, like maybe for bone marrow data base or helping single moms,  and make herself a hero and someone who cares about others.  While Carly just keeps slithering around like the snake she is.

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Nina going after Carly isn't going to help her cause of in her daughter and grandchildren lives. Just stupid to focus on her, Sonny is right.

It’s because the SL isn’t really Nina/Willow. It’s Nina versus Carly and Willow is just another reason in a long list to continue the feud. That’s part of the reason this SL isn’t hitting the way it’s intending. If you compare it to when they did a similar story with Bobbie/Carly and Sam/Alexis, the differences in POV and focus are clear. Nina has hers but it’s split between Willow and Carly and Willow’s is muted

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3

Joss saying she’ll try to swing by Britt’s memorial tracks for her. I mean, Britt only died saving her life. Guess that answers the question about whether she feels guilt 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 15
  • LOL 2

We have a new Nikolas. There was no "temp" statement, so ii think it's permanent. 

You can cue all the woeful music and puppy eyes for Willow show, all you want. the reason why Willow has stage for leukemia is because she willfully chose to do nothing about it when she was early stage 1. I feel zero sympathy. 

No, Joss, Cam will never get there because you treated him like crap. 

• Like 15

Oh, Joss. I don't think it's the growing apart thing Cam's having trouble with. It's that whole lying and cheating thing, remember that?

You keep fooling yourself, girl. You are your mother's daughter, after all, so nothing's on you, right?

• Like 16
  • Applause 6
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Joss saying she’ll try to swing by Britt’s memorial tracks for her. I mean, Britt only died saving her life. Guess that answers the question about whether she feels guilt 

lol right?  Woman dies saving her life, "I'll try to swing by?" like... why not made a concerted effort to go?

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Drewfus, maybe you shouldn't be spreading this around? Let Nina tell people. maybe. Selfish donkey.  Curtis rightfully goes "So Carly kept it secret all this months, why?" with shady face. 

Joss it's not too much to get into. "I had a meet-cute with mobster wannabe, thought he was better than my boyfriend who was devoted to me, i slept with said mobster wanna-be before i broke up w/him, and then threatened my childhood best friend to keep it quiet" see. easy?

You know i am so tired of Joss coaching this like Cam is in the wrong for being upset

• Like 15

Lol I knew Joss was going to lie to Trina about why she and Cam broke up. I’m sure when it all comes out, she’ll claim she had to keep it a secret but be for real. She doesn’t want anyone calling her out for treating Cam like crap and lying to him. That’s the reason she’s only confided in Carly because she doesn’t give a damn if her kids hurt other people. Even when Carly told her she should break up with Cam, it was because it was just going to make her feel worse the longer she puts it off. 

Also, it takes a special lack of self-awareness to remain so judgmental over Spencer and scoff when Trina said she trusted him. Girl, only one of you is actively being dishonest right now. This is also why Spencer sided with Cam. She expected Spencer to remain neutral when she treats him like the dirt on the bottom of her shoe and Cam is always there for him. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Also, it takes a special lack of self-awareness to remain so judgmental over Spencer and scoff when Trina said she trusted him. Girl, only one of you is actively being dishonest right now. This is also why Spencer sided with Cam. She expected Spencer to remain neutral when she treats him like the dirt on the bottom of her shoe and Cam is always there for him. 

Joss has pretty much treated Cam shitty since he came back to town and then had/has the nerve to be all "I thought we were friends, too" when Spencer sided with Cam.  She's clearly gunning for the Head Carly position of The Carlys.

• Like 5
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Daisy said:

We have a new Nikolas.

Please tell me it's not the thuggish looking goon who played him temporarily during the summer!

7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Lol I knew Joss was going to lie to Trina about why she and Cam broke up. I’m sure when it all comes out, she’ll claim she had to keep it a secret but be for real. She doesn’t want anyone calling her out for treating Cam like crap and lying to him.

Not only that, but it's her being a HUGE ASS HYPOCRITE--all of a sudden hating Mooby and the "mob" while she's fucking a mob lackey.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Please tell me it's not the thuggish looking goon who played him temporarily during the summer!

It is but the rumors are he’s just around long enough to film Nik’s exit because MC refused to tape after he found out he was being let go

3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Drew succinctly listing out everything g Carly did to hide the Willow secret just makes him look like a bigger idiot for instantly forgiving her 

lmao topped off with Curtis "Fool, tell me you didn't let Carly off for lying?"
Drew "oh she knows how angry I was". yah for like 2 minutes. I am glad Curtis has Nina's back. (but again it means nothing because Curtis/Carly aren't connected).

Show is teasing me with Willow dying. Stop teasing me. just do it. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

lmao topped off with Curtis "Fool, tell me you didn't let Carly off for lying?"
Drew "oh she knows how angry I was". yah for like 2 minutes. I am glad Curtis has Nina's back. (but again it means nothing because Curtis/Carly aren't connected).

Yeah I noticed Drew kept mum on that he forgave her the same day in show time and they are together because it makes him look like an even bigger dope. He has to pretend like he’s holding her accountable 

Confirmation that Willow is going to hell because I know murder and rape facilitator Harmony didn’t make it into heaven 

• Like 6
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Yes. I'm sure Harmony ended up in Heaven. The devil didn't want that sex trafficking murderer. Such a good, good person that Harmony! GTFO show!

Of course the baby has zero problems. Came into the world kicking and screaming and as healthy as can be. Baby's cute, though, damnit. 

Just die, Willow!

Drew needs some more real talk and someone pointing and laughing at him. 

Curtis: Don't tell me you forgave Carly.

Drew: I did, then I fucked her.

Drew is a certifiable loser.

Aunt Stella jumping to the conclusion that Portia and Curtis are related. It took her a really long time to arrive to the correct conclusion. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 6
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

So is this for Willow's turn around in accepting Nina? (Harmony so bad she wants me to be dead, Nina good because she tried to save my life)

I laughed at Esme's eww face when nuNik said he the baby daddy.

I suggested that Stella and Trina related before but someone said that Stella wasn't an aunt through blood?? I can't remember. Is this a rewrite?

Michael take a note from Canadian politics, never be seen in public with a hair net on 🤣

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Aunt Stella jumping to the conclusion that Portia and Curtis

Did she actually ask if  Portia was his daughter 🤣

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4

Joss couldn't bother to go to the memorial for the woman who saved her life. What a brat.

That's a pretty good sized newborn, and early, too.

Yeah, Harmony was not a good person, but I sure wish I had those cheekbones!

• Like 14
  • LOL 1

I still can’t believe that they are changing Trina’s paternity with the exact same storyline they used for TJ in 2016. To make matters worse, RA has better father/daughter chemistry with TA than DT does. Curtis made it crystal clear that he’s going to dump Portia when he finds out. I hope Jordan doesn’t take him back because he treated her like dirt and she deserves better 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6

Did I miss the scene where either Niks threatened Liz’ mom to get her onboard to manipulate Esmé? In the last scene I remember she said no and left Wyndemere.

When I saw TempNik I laughed out loud remembering how much people here can’t stand him. 😂

Does anyone think Willow will not be brought back to life? Sigh.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No one kissed Carly's ass back then. That's a post-SJB phenomenon

• Like 2

#KEEPTRINATAGGERTS

Honestly, the best thing that can happen is that Trina is Taggerts but Curtis still  ends things with Portia because she lied/thought that she COULD have been. 

Honestly, Stella going for the Flowers in the Attic connection was great LOL

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
35 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I suggested that Stella and Trina related before but someone said that Stella wasn't an aunt through blood??

She's Curtis's aunt thru blood; his mother was her sister.  It's TJ that Stella isn't blood-related to.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
36 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Of course the baby has zero problems

That was one of the biggest newborns I've seen in awhile!!

35 minutes ago, Blackie said:

someone said that Stella wasn't an aunt through blood??

Stella and Irene (Curtis' mom) were sisters.  She's his aunt by blood

32 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Joss couldn't bother to go to the memorial for the woman who saved her life

Yep, she's her mother's daughter.  I mean, she's in the freakin' building for crying out loud. Take five minutes to run over to the chapel and pay your respects. 

7 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Does anyone think Willow will not be brought back to life? Sigh.

Christmas is over, so nope.  But I'm guessing we're going to get a Willow in a coma with Nina making decisions because she's next of kin. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Honestly, the best thing that can happen is that Trina is Taggerts but Curtis still  ends things with Portia because she lied/thought that she COULD have been. 

She won't. I hate it, but I also wanna see Portia's sanctimonious ass gets hers.

So they finally came out with Nina being Willow's mother. Curtis is about to get a kid too. Do we have anyone other DNA parent switcheroo coming down the pike? Because this show doesn't understand moderation.

Also to echo posters about Joss. She's a liar and an ungrateful brat. It shouldn't shock anyone with the Carlys.

• Applause 5
  • LOL 2
20 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Take five minutes to run over to the chapel and pay your respects. 

I thought at first she said she was going to go after she took the food to the family, did I miss where she changed her mind?

5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She won't. I hate it, but I also wanna see Portia's sanctimonious ass gets hers.

So they finally came out with Nina being Willow's mother. Curtis is about to get a kid too. Do we have anyone other DNA parent switcheroo coming down the pike? Because this show doesn't understand moderation.

Also to echo posters about Joss. She's a liar and an ungrateful brat. It shouldn't shock anyone with the Carlys.

right? Like i honestly dont mind the soapy tropes. so long lost parent/kid - sure. just sell me on the story. but when EVERYONE on the show is a long lost whatever it just stops losing the punch and you roll your eyes. and its nothing against Curtis/DT - but RA is great, Taggert is more of a staple of the show's history, and you want to remove his kid for what?  Like why did Portia lie all those months ago -when Curtis WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE WITH IT? wheres the sense of all of it. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

Oh joy, the sex trafficker will be on tomorrow to give Willow the fight to live. Because no way am I lucky enough for her to usher Willow into the afterlife with her sisters who also died after a stint with Michael. I won't give up on Die, Willow, Die just yet.

That's one big premature baby. But hey, it seems we're getting spared a baby switch. 

So they refilmed the confession, I guess he'll be around for a while. Though I still wonder if they're getting ready to write Nik off in a month or so. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

When the voice from beyond the grave was calling Willow, I was really hoping that it was her twin sister Nelle.  That would have scared Willow even sillier.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Yeah I noticed Drew kept mum on that he forgave her the same day in show time and they are together because it makes him look like an even bigger dope. He has to pretend like he’s holding her accountable

Curtis is will probably have to eat his words and apologize to Drew as he forgives Portia for lying to him all his life, and thereby justifying Drew forgiving Carly.

• Sad 7
48 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

That's one big premature baby. But hey, it seems we're getting spared a baby switch. 

Did they say how far along she was?  My son was born at 36 weeks at almost 7 lbs and was considered premature (I think 37 is the cutoff). 

• Useful 1

Definitely not a NICU. 😆 

I think someone said that she was 38 weeks so she’s not that early. The baby certainly not a newborn but I’ll give show a pass because she is beautiful.

No, no name has been mentioned yet but there’s hope online that it’s Carly or Caroline. 🤮

• Sad 2
  • LOL 1

No name as yet, though I'm curious. If they name the baby after someone, it would be nice if they named her after Britt, after Willow said how grateful they were for all she did for them, but I'm scared they'll name her after Carly.

If they come up with a new name, I think there's a decent chance they'd go with Faith or Hope or something similar, because of Willow's situation.

Given that Willow gave herself the name "Willow", I don't have much faith in her ability to name anything.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9