Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Michael hates Sonny so much, why does he go to Charlie's for date night, the place that Sonny owns?

Taking a page from the Book of Sam from when Julian owned the place and she'd traipse in and give him shit for being there.

3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Joss looked like such a mess with that weird half jacket she was wearing.  I guess it matched her mood so it made sense but I didn’t like it.

I thought EM was particularly bad today.  She's developed a habit of over emphasizing certain words and doesn't always land on the right one.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, jacourt said:

Is Cameron next???

Maybe Joss is going to be like her big bro and have all her relationships end in death when she’s done with them. But more likely Brando and Esme’s phone dealer are going to be the only fatalities. 

Having Rory be the killer is a nice easy way to make Trina available for Spencer but the show really has not invested any time or effort into that couple. They’ve barely shared scenes together since the new actress started. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Chekov's typewriter has to be the AHA! moment when the killer is discovered.  Maybe GH will take a page out of this 1980's thriller with Glenn Close and Jeff Bridges where he's accused of killing his wife and she's the lawyer who defends him and ends up falling in love with him.  She gets him acquitted and then discovers the typewriter used by the killer to send notes to the police in his closet.  Maybe one of Rory's eclectic hobbies is collecting old typewriters, a la Tom Hanks.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The number of times they keep reiterating that the Hooker is a woman is making me think it's not. 

It was mentioned again on today's (Friday) episode and I thought the same thing.   With the emphasis on it being a woman, I'm now sure it will be a man.

• Love 3

Carly calls Drew to look after Joss' boyfriend. Congratulations Drew, you are officially Jason! You will now put Carly's spawn and their needs ahead of your own life, children, and anything else important to you! 

I hate the way the Jordan actress looks at everyone with that smirky knowing look anytime anyone says anything about whatever. It's her ONE reaction to everything! Girl, get another expression! 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

Is there a reason Josslyn has to be a bitch to Sonny every single time she interacts with him? Like seriously? Josslyn is still raging at Sonny? Why? What was the point of today’s scenes anyway? We get it. Josslyn hates Sonny and wants nothing from him. Ok. There was no need for her snarky little rant after he dropped her off.

The character is obnoxious and exhausting! The show needs to move on from her Sonny hate. At this point, she should just be ignoring him, not raging at him every time he crosses her path. Get over it, Josslyn! She’s like 20-years old. Grow up!! I ignore the ppl I dislike. Josslyn should try it some time!! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I thought EM was particularly bad today.  She's developed a habit of over emphasizing certain words and doesn't always land on the right one.

Yes, yes, yes. She drives me crazy with her weird aggressive way of delivering every line. If she would just speak like a normal person , I might not hate her so much.

(Nah, not true, I’d still hate her.) (Track her down, Hooker.)

9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I hate the way the Jordan actress looks at everyone with that smirky knowing look anytime anyone says anything about whatever. It's her ONE reaction to everything! Girl, get another expression! 

She needs some emotive eyebrows. Too bad the previous Jordan couldn’t stick around long enough to give her some tips. Eyebrow acting is the key to being an effective Police Commissioner.

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, lala2 said:

Is there a reason Josslyn has to be a bitch to Sonny every single time she interacts with him? 

She's her mother's daughter.

It's one of Carly's defining traits. The people she dislikes are the worst people who ever existed, which justifies whatever she says or does to them. Bobbie, AJ, Brenda, Robin, Nell, Nina. 

Joss is the same way. Esme, Sonny, (Spencer when she was mad at him) and with Joss, it's not enough that she hates them, everyone around her has to join. ( Cam got yelled at for not actively hating Esme and Spencer, and Dex gets yelled at for not hating Sonny).

• Like 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, lala2 said:

Is there a reason Josslyn has to be a bitch to Sonny every single time she interacts with him? Like seriously? Josslyn is still raging at Sonny? Why? What was the point of today’s scenes anyway? We get it. Josslyn hates Sonny and wants nothing from him. Ok. There was no need for her snarky little rant after he dropped her off.

I think that could be the reason she got to see her mother and Drew kissing. Except that instead of getting angry that her mother is keeping this a secret, she'll probably congratulate her and ask her about the sex. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think we’re starting to see that bus heading for Cam. His smile at the end of the show when he read Joss’ text has me nervous they’re going to start having him manipulate her. Even though she is the one whose feelings are changing and she’s obviously interested in another guy, we can’t have the princess bitch looking bad. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm perennially a day behind, but I have to join in the combination of laughter and puzzlement at Curtis hoping Portia will give him six children, or even the three she got him down to. Brook Kerr looks fantastic, and it's possible we're intended to believe she's playing somewhat younger than her 48 years, but there are limits! Portia does have a daughter who's nearly college-aged, and I've always assumed she had Trina at an age that would be plausible for her to have been married to Taggert at the time. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Brook Kerr looks fantastic, and it's possible we're intended to believe she's playing somewhat younger than her 48 years, but there are limits! Portia does have a daughter who's nearly college-aged,

Not nearly, actually is. And nearing 20.

I just fast forward their scenes because they both annoy me-but does Curtis think they’re in their 20s or that they’re living in the 1800s when women popped out large number of bebes? What? One every year? Does he expect her to give birth when she’s over 50? Bad enough we had to deal with Diane and the writers thinking it was the 1950s during Wiley’s custody fight, when SLS needed a wife who was almost virginal as the pure driven snow with no scandal attached. Though why Willow’s involvement in the cult wasn’t considered one, I’ll never understand.

Someone needs to tell the “writers” that the show is set in present day-the 21st Century, not the 18th or 19th.

• Applause 5
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, sas616 said:
On 11/3/2022 at 9:23 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

The number of times they keep reiterating that the Hooker is a woman is making me think it's not. 

It was mentioned again on today's (Friday) episode and I thought the same thing.   With the emphasis on it being a woman, I'm now sure it will be a man.

It cracks me up that the PCPD has done no further investigating into this. They just take Diane's word! I'm sure she believes the Hooker is a woman, but FFS, Jordan, look into it a bit more! 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I'm perennially a day behind, but I have to join in the combination of laughter and puzzlement at Curtis hoping Portia will give him six children, or even the three she got him down to. Brook Kerr looks fantastic, and it's possible we're intended to believe she's playing somewhat younger than her 48 years, but there are limits! Portia does have a daughter who's nearly college-aged, and I've always assumed she had Trina at an age that would be plausible for her to have been married to Taggert at the time. 

Oh, that’s another thing that killed me! Portia has a whole 20-year old daughter!!! Hers was not a teen pregnancy, and I don’t think she was pregnant during medical school. Portia has got to be in her mid-40s. Heck, let’s say she had Trina at 20, then she is 39-40. It’s not that easy to get pregnant at that age. 

BK looks amazing, but Portia is not in her early 20s. My friend’s pregnancy was termed geriatric by her doctor at the ripe old age of 33!!!! And at their stage in life, I have a hard time believing they would even want to raise one infant let alone three!!!! 

I understand the conversation was mostly for the Trina secret, but I would have appreciated an honest conversation about the odds of Portia giving birth! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I think we’re starting to see that bus heading for Cam.

Maybe he'll be hooked.  I'm sure Liz would get over it, quickly.  It would be the first bad thing that ever happened to her.

• Wink 1

I took Cam's grin after seeing the text as "oh she does love me, I don't have to be jealous of Dex"which does not bode well for what is going o happen to Cam. I hope he is quick to see the writing on the wall with Joss and voluntarily takes himself off to climb Kilimanjaro or whatever. He better not get hooked, that is just too much for Liz. It would only be a worthy storyline  ONLY if that brings Lucky to PC and then Lucky takes Cam off to travel with him . #freeCam 

Edited by Blackie
grammer and spacing
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, sas616 said:

With the emphasis on it being a woman, I'm now sure it will be a man.

Im still thinking its Rory in drag, which is why Diane would think she saw a woman but not be able to give any more details.  

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up that the PCPD has done no further investigating into this.

This.  

Diane:  It was a woman

Jordan:  Ok, so that narrows it down to half the population.  Good I will not ask you any further questions.  

Why aren't there any camera footage for any of the four attacks?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Diane:  It was a woman

Jordan:  Ok, so that narrows it down to half the population.  Good I will not ask you any further questions.  

She also said the Hooker looked vaguely familiar to her, so why aren't they digging into that?

Oh, right, it's the PCPD. Silly me.

• Love 2

Sure wish they'd give us the reason why Esme and Ryan want revenge.  Especially Esme.  Why would she want to pop out Nik's kid?  I'm sure she won't be bothered looking after it, but why would she want to go through stretchmarks and birth just to get back at Ava and the Cassadines?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The same reason Nelle wanted to pop out Michael's.  $$$$$$$$

It's not like legitimacy matters to the Cassadines.

Well, it hasn't been proven yet that she doesn't already have money. 

21 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Why aren't there any camera footage for any of the four attacks?  

All the drones were busy taping the fake Anna shooting Lucy.

Edited by ciarra
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ciarra said:

Sure wish they'd give us the reason why Esme and Ryan want revenge.  Especially Esme.  Why would she want to pop out Nik's kid?  I'm sure she won't be bothered looking after it, but why would she want to go through stretchmarks and birth just to get back at Ava and the Cassadines?

And this goes back to my main issue with Esme and what I’ve been questioning since she appeared: what are her motivations and desires? Why is she doing all this? Why is she on my screen?!

She’s been on for a year now (or longer) and we still don’t really know anything about her and why she’s doing all this! Does she just want to please her daddy or does she have her own reasons? If she has her own reasons, will we ever find out what they are?!? Did she ever love Spencer? Given how easily she screwed his dad, I’m guessing no but who knows? Why did she take and release the sex video? What was the point of all that if she was doing her dad’s bidding all along?!? 

And why would a young girl want to have some rando’s baby? Is she planning on selling it to Nikolas? Wasn’t her goal to break up Nava?! That has been achieved. Why is she still doing all this?!

We just never see any fleshing out of her character. She has no goals or motives or deeper reason behind anything she’s doing. She’s a straight cartoon villain! 

• Applause 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

And this goes back to my main issue with Esme and what I’ve been questioning since she appeared: what are her motivations and desires? Why is she doing all this? Why is she on my screen?!

She’s been on for a year now (or longer) and we still don’t really know anything about her and why she’s doing all this! Does she just want to please her daddy or does she have her own reasons? If she has her own reasons, will we ever find out what they are?!? Did she ever love Spencer? Given how easily she screwed his dad, I’m guessing no but who knows? Why did she take and release the sex video? What was the point of all that if she was doing her dad’s bidding all along?!? 

And why would a young girl want to have some rando’s baby? Is she planning on selling it to Nikolas? Wasn’t her goal to break up Nava?! That has been achieved. Why is she still doing all this?!

We just never see any fleshing out of her character. She has no goals or motives or deeper reason behind anything she’s doing. She’s a straight cartoon villain! 

There were scenes many months ago with Ryan and Esme where he was irritated with her getting sidetracked from her Nava assignment. I think she did care for Spencer (somewhat) and wanted to be accepted by his family and friends but eventually was more obsessed by Trina as a rival, taking what was hers. Trina threatened her sense of security and her mission. Avery Pohl has done a good job balancing the budding psycho with the vulnerability of a girl who wants to belong. 

Where I got frustrated was how they dangled her mother's identity and then just dropped it in favor of Willow and then dropped that for stupid Cody. Oh, and we still have Portia and Trina.  Four unresolved parentage storylines is a lot. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
On 11/2/2022 at 3:26 AM, methodwriter85 said:
On 11/1/2022 at 9:15 AM, Asp Burger said:

If Lucky were to be recast and start appearing in 2023, they probably would get drama out of his long absence.

Again, why wasn't Josh just cast as Lucky instead of this awful Cody Bell character? JJ is never coming back! It's so mind-boggling.

It's even sadder that JJ isn't coming back, IMO. But even legacy characters can be re-cast, like Nicholas (multiple times) and Lulu.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Why has no one asked Spinelli to bang on his keyboard for 12 seconds to find some?  It's always worked in the past.

Convenience. Remember when Joss and Trina went to see him about the burner? Spinelli who hacked everyone in the world couldn't help them because it was beyond his capability. 

• Mind Blown 1
12 hours ago, ciarra said:

Why would she want to pop out Nik's kid?

From the get go the recuring theme with Esme has been her lack of family.  She didn't know her bio parents until Ryan showed up at some point. and he's wackadoo and in prison.    Her adoptive parents died.  She was raised by a nanny before being sent to boarding school.  She glomed onto Spencer becaue they were in similar boats, because even though he had a full extended family, he was essentially an orphan until NIk returned.  I think she thinks having Nik's baby gives her an instant family.  

13 hours ago, Fellaway said:

She also said the Hooker looked vaguely familiar to her,

Which could still be Rory dressed as a woman.  She finds him vaguely familiar but he's disguised enough for her to be confused by it.  

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

All the drones were busy taping the fake Anna shoot Lucy.

Considering the amount of crimes that happen on the docks, not to mention the many attakcs and deaths, you'd think there be 234 cameras hooked up all over the place.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/4/2022 at 9:29 PM, TVbitch said:

Carly calls Drew to look after Joss' boyfriend. Congratulations Drew, you are officially Jason! You will now put Carly's spawn and their needs ahead of your own life, children, and anything else important to you! 

It's like she went to the Chad Duell school of acting.  And sue me - there is no way she is old enough to be T.J.'s mother.  Maybe the Hook could take out the Police Commissioner and give the job back to Anna, when she's released from prison.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Which could still be Rory dressed as a woman.  She finds him vaguely familiar but he's disguised enough for her to be confused by it.  

I thought of something regarding Rory as the serial killer. I hope they don't go there because I'd like writers to leave comic books nerds out of this, but it's possible he's acting out something he read.

Rory is such a simple guy. Like he doesn't strike me as having enough imagination or being particularly smart to go and procure poison from some venomous snake from some tropical place, but he is someone who is very much by the book. So maybe he's following a script, or writing the script. 

I still don't get what his motivation is, though. The better thing would have been for the writers to write more about Rory and try and flesh out some kind of motivation if they are intent on springing him as the Hook killer.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Rory is such a simple guy. Like he doesn't strike me as having enough imagination or being particularly smart to go and procure poison from some venomous snake from some tropical place, but he is someone who is very much by the book. So maybe he's following a script, or writing the script

And there's that weird connection to tropical toxins and Finn's wife Reiko. While weird coincidences happen irl, in fiction it just feels like bad storytelling. 

Unless Reiko and Rory are related somehow, none of it makes sense. Same with Esme and the venom thing. We can buy her vendetta against Trina but the poison aspect makes little sense. 

Maybe Reiko is Rory's mom and still alive,  locked up in the asylum with Heather Webber as her roommate.  As dumb as that sounds, none of the obvious candidates are much better.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, tessaray said:

And there's that weird connection to tropical toxins and Finn's wife Reiko. While weird coincidences happen irl, in fiction it just feels like bad storytelling. 

Unless Reiko and Rory are related somehow, none of it makes sense. Same with Esme and the venom thing. We can buy her vendetta against Trina but the poison aspect makes little sense. 

Maybe Reiko is Rory's mom and still alive,  locked up in the asylum with Heather Webber as her roommate.  As dumb as that sounds, none of the obvious candidates are much better.

Heather also contracted some tropical disease while in Shadybrooke.

I personally think that Reiko is the connective tissue here. If Rory is connected to her, then he should be going after Elizabeth and her family because of the dumb retcon they did with Elizabeth. He could even go after Finn and his family, not Trina and the people who were on her side. 

It doesn't really compute for me.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

From the get go the recuring theme with Esme has been her lack of family.  She didn't know her bio parents until Ryan showed up at some point. and he's wackadoo and in prison.    Her adoptive parents died.  She was raised by a nanny before being sent to boarding school.  She glomed onto Spencer becaue they were in similar boats, because even though he had a full extended family, he was essentially an orphan until NIk returned.  I think she thinks having Nik's baby gives her an instant family.  

I think the scenes where she’s talking to the baby give validity to this, but her backstory was a mess. She was at boarding school with Spencer for at least a year (he said she was the one that got him through finding out Nik was alive again) and that can’t be a coincidence. She and Ryan have had some sort of plan that involved Spencer/Ava for a long time. 

GH Instagram is convinced the Hooker is the ADA. Considering how hard she went after Trina I guess I could see that adding up, if her motivation is revealed. Maybe she and Rory are in it together. 

• Like 1

Denise Crosby is Liz's mother???? I've been a hard-core Trek fan for over 50 years and did not recognize Tasha Yar!  As far as the actor's perma-sneer, she had it as Tasha Yar too. Even when she smiled, it looked forced, painful and unnatural. I think some of that was internal, given what she went through as Bing Crosby's granddaughter, sadly.

Re: Anna's current situation, she has no one other than herself to blame. For weeks she and Valentin did almost nothing while Victor was casually strolling around PC, oozing faux charm. Meanwhile, they were pretty sure Vic killed Luke and Valentin knew for a fact that his daddy put a hit out on Laura. It is possible that the two of them (along with Robert) could have nailed Victor before Charlotte (love the SORAS-ing, btw) fell into his clutches. But they are all such passive, lethargic former super-spies (with all due respect to Robert).  Aaargh!

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Heather also contracted some tropical disease while in Shadybrooke.

I personally think that Reiko is the connective tissue here. If Rory is connected to her, then he should be going after Elizabeth and her family because of the dumb retcon they did with Elizabeth. He could even go after Finn and his family, not Trina and the people who were on her side. 

It doesn't really compute for me.

Don't some murderers kill multiple others to obscure the real target? It could be there is only one true victim and the others are distractions. (Like Cam, if he ends up hooked. If the police are still looking for someone connected to Trina they'd be on a wild goose chase.)

No matter who the Hook is, I'm sure it's going to be eye-rolling and far-fetched. 

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's past time for a story on who Esme is too.

How many storylines do they have right now that are past their expiry date? I got Willow's maternity, Trina's paternity, the Esme situation, the Hook killer, this whole business with Elizabeth. They retconned everything they wrote about Reiko and Finn to give us this delightful whatever you call it on screen. They have that nonsense with Cody, the seemingly dropped story arc with Victor/Drew, which I'm sure is about to make a comeback with that diamond necklace.

And now that Disney has lifted the vaccine mandate, guess who might hulk himself out from under a ton of rocks and debris and swim back to PC. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And now that Disney has lifted the vaccine mandate, guess who might hulk himself out from under a ton of rocks and debris and swim back to PC. 

Ugh.

As much as I complain about the current stories, the show is more than fine without him.

• Applause 7
  • Love 1
On 11/1/2022 at 1:46 PM, dubbel zout said:

And I still don't understand what any sort of relationship has to do with whether it's insider trading. I don't think this is a RL thing. It's a very dumb way to put fake (and stupid) drama in the nascent Carly/Drew romance. 

I think that the point Alexis was making was that if there is a close relationship between the parties (family members or romantic partners), it would be harder to claim that there was no collusion involved. If it was a more casual relationship, it would be more likely that the "outsider" either didn't know about the potential merger or acted on some information that was inadvertently shared. If there's a close relationship, the suspicion is that the "insider" deliberately shared information that would be financially beneficial to the other party. 

I know that the company where I worked for many years was always warning us about sharing information about upcoming releases, changes, and so on with family and friends before it became public, and every so often someone would be caught in an (pretty minor) insider trading issue. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

well if only to see Carly's face when she is on he wedding night with Drew, about to have sex and Jason walks in!!! other than that no thanks. Having his name still on the credits my TV's guide is bad enough.  

Ugh I hope that isn't KT'sexit story........(typo left in because either way, I don't want to see it)

Edited by Blackie
spelling
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Charlotte (love the SORAS-ing, btw) f

Wasn't it the same actress? It is just that she has actually grown unlike the actress who plays Violet who seems to stay little.

This is GH, though. Stage 4 doesn't mean a thing. We have many more years of Michael and Willow ahead, although I wouldn't give the child the same odds. All the more reason to continue to dote on wonderbaby Wiley.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2