Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Good cliff hanger today.

I have to say I'm surprised that Olivia didn't accuse Nina of sabotaging the dessert delivery because that's what I was braced for when Nina went over to the mansion.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Blackie said:

Nikolas is going to get it coming and going now that Spencer knows,😆 . He deserves everything he gets from Ava and Spencer.

Here's hoping!

10 hours ago, Steph J said:

I have to say I'm surprised that Olivia didn't accuse Nina of sabotaging the dessert delivery because that's what I was braced for when Nina went over to the mansion.

I'm also surprised Nina was allowed to say she had the desserts in her car. Usually she's talked over and can't get a word in edgewise.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
10 hours ago, Steph J said:

I'm also surprised Nina was allowed to say she had the desserts in her car. Usually she's talked over and can't get a word in edgewise.

Also that Olivia didn't accuse her of sabotaging the delivery.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The childish behavior toward Nina needs to end. They're fundraising for a hospital and one of the richest people in town, who also happens to be the editor-in-chief of a magazine, isn't even invited because Carly might get offended and Olivia will get her knickers in a twist. 

Petty and dumb much? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The childish behavior toward Nina needs to end. They're fundraising for a hospital and one of the richest people in town, who also happens to be the editor-in-chief of a magazine, isn't even invited because Carly might get offended and Olivia will get her knickers in a twist. 

Petty and dumb much? 

Lol I was thinking the same thing. This was supposed to be a fundraiser and they were mad at the 3 or 4 people there who actually had money. Like we know Carly is broke so Olivia could take a day off from caping for her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Daisy said:

everytime i see the Q barn, i was like why not just.... HAVE A BARN like they have  (Had?) on Y+R that looked like a barn? this looks like a posh loft/thingy. 

I noticed the other day that the freaking stall actually had hardwood floors!! Are you KIDDING me with that?? 🤯 Have the set designers ever been around horses?? You never want horses to stand on a hard floor. If they're shod the horseshoes would chop the hell out of  hardwood. Where was the bedding (straw,shavings etc)? Do they know horses actually have bodily functions...like peeing  & "making manure". You want that on hardwood?? 🙄

I agree, everytime I see that damn "barn" it drives me nuts. Place has nothing to do with the welfare of their precious & I assume pricey animals ...not sure what the hell they're going for. I could "maybe" believe it was a fancy tack room but the layout with the stalls?? Makes absolutely NO SENSE but then this is GH...

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

I noticed the other day that the freaking stall actually had hardwood floors!! Are you KIDDING me with that?? 🤯 Have the set designers ever been around horses?? You never want horses to stand on a hard floor. If they're shod the horseshoes would chop the hell out of  hardwood. Where was the bedding (straw,shavings etc)? Do they know horses actually have bodily functions...like peeing  & "making manure". You want that on hardwood?? 🙄

There's absolutely nothing realistic about that barn. But the Qs want their horses to live in style, apparently.

• Love 1

This show has thoroughly ruined Anna Devane. I do not recognize her anymore, and she used to be one of my favorites.

Here's an idea, Anna. If you're so sure Valentin is lying to you about some ephemeral something and you just have to know what it is, use your own detecting skills, instead of trying to extort others to do your bidding.

Is it possible Mac is Cody's father?

Edited by Fellaway
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

We just go right into the tea. Spencer just shuts down anything Nik has to say and goes what do you mean? and  Ava says you heard me. Your father slept with your girlfriend. LMAO Nik tries get out this. Spencer is like "i'm not moving" Nik tries to blame it on Ava and her not being disrect to have this discussion right now and Ava goes apoplectic on Nik screaming  I DON'T HAVE EYES IN BACK OF MY HEAD, I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS THERE. Spencer screams at them to shut up, and begs Nik to tell him that this is a lie, that they can just blame it on Ava and move on. Nik confesses and Spencer breaks down in tears. [NC is killing it]

Whoa. Nik doubles down blaming this on Ava, now saying that this is what Ava always wanted because she was jealous how Nik + Spencer were getting closer because Ava couldn't get close to Kiki. Ava unleashes the slap. Nik has this sadistic smile as he says "the truth hurts, doesn't it." Ava looks at Spencer and tells Nik "Ask your son." Nik's face looks like "oh right. yeah Spencer."

Spencer isn't buying Nik's "it's Ava's fault." craps either. Nik is like you know Ava's capable of anything! Spencer claps back with "so are you! so are you!!! When did it start? How long have you and Esme been going at it?" Nik admits it was the one time in May. He would never repeat it it was a mistake. 

"you slept with my girlfriend, father!" 
"
she said it was over"
"are you trying to justify this?!"
Nik is like all i knew back then, was that you chose the inheritance over me. so Spencer screams so this was about revenege?! Nik tries to stutter his way out of it, and Spencer states "You know what? it would have been better if you did do this to hurt me because we're right back where we always are. You didn't think about me. At. All." 

"Sleeping with Esme is wrong."
"Did you think that not owning up to the truth was also wrong?"  Spencer says i'd like you to start calling what it, is, it's called betrayal. Spencer calls Nik sick. Nik tries to be like "well you were using Esme too!! you just told me." Nik.. you are one. pathetic. butthead. i swear. Spencer says that's the worst part. I stopped loving Esme, she didn't matter to me. But you did. I loved you. You were my dad. You meant everything to me. No longer."  [y'all. its the quiet anger. that's when you know it's serious]. 

Spencer admits everything he did even the stupid decision bits was to try to get Nik back. Nik always took two steps back, and there is no way to close the gap now. He always thought who Nik was but he doesn't. And he's completely done with Nik now. And he sadly walks away. [my word, did NC bring it]

Spencer gets drunk. Nik tries to stop him. Sheffield is like what the hell? Spencer spits at Nik's feet and goes I let you go. Sheffield is like what's going on?  "AVA HAPPENED" Nik spits.  Sheffield looks mad. 

Yuri and Terry leave the party. (Terry should you actually be leaving the party since you are the Co Chief of Staff?). anyway they look cute. It just hit me that now Monica and Yuri will never get together now. Sad.  (Terry goes on the whole "let's bash Q's the only Q i respect is Monica train. shut up Terry). 

Liz and Finn start to get into it. "it's my health, you should butt out." "yes, I should have and I didn't. but this isn't just about you, it's about Violet.. It's about your boys. what if they reach out to people to try to help you that you don't like then what? (LIz keeps going it's my issue, my problem, etc). Finn explodes that he's been where Liz was, and that he was glad that he had had people to see through his lies and bs and help him go through his struggles even when he didn't want it, and that he's a doctor. Liz is like "not my Dr. you aren't my anything, and she runs away." [i know that people are going to be all Yay Liz here, but I can't lie. I'm like yay Finn here. sorry.] 

Liz is bleeding. and thinking about Finn's words, and the father triggers something (another memory  about being on top of the stairs)

Maxie - is a vegetarian [i didn't know that. rock on veggie girl] Austin is jealous of Bearded Wonder. BaldCuz shows up. who cares. Ava interrupts them.  BaldCuz needs to "stop Ava because she over heard

Mac learns about Bearded Wonder. They are all flabbergasted. They all think maybe this is true because Dominque would do anything to protect his baby. In this spiel, Lucy also admits she called Serena to stay far away from PC so Bearded Wonder can't exploit her. . Bearded Wonder still wants to talk about Faison (and Peter). and Britt shuts it down. Mac and Bearded Wonder meet face to face.  Mac is just..staring at bearded wonder. OH MY GOD. are you ... no. come on show. They aren't going to make Bearded Wonder's kid right? Mac says "We were Friends, Dominque and I when she was married to Taub." Felicia wants to know why he lied and Mac still looks like he pooped his pants. Mac goes, Bearded Wonder has mother issues and he's not adding anything else to the list. 

Anna stuff - skip. Val and Sheffield are fighting "We have to fix our family." Sheffield threatens Charlotte, Val is pissed. I am pissed that at this point because WHY IS THE FAMILY IN TROUBLE?! 

Show ends with Ava get gutted by a hook. 

• Thanks 3
  • Love 7

Today was surprisingly good. It’s noticeable who was on and who was absent though. This show could be a real soap most of the time if they could just sideline a few characters 

• Like 4
  • Love 17

Thank goodness for Yuri and Terry because there were a lot of awful people on the show today.

Wow, Nik bringing up Kiki was very low, blaing Aa for Spencer knowing was even lower. . Then cut to Anna being

NC was brilliant today. He is too good to be caught in the SpenceréTrinaéRory triangle.

Finn justifying what he did because of Violet, also very low. Kudos to Becky for those scenes.

Austin's cousin is very creepy and revolting. Good for that actor too.

I liked the writing of todays episode, people floating around and interacting with different groups instead of stagnant with one or two other characters.

Cody "The barbeque at the boathouse is running low on supplies.'  Wasn't that the one that caught fire because Carly and Drew were acting like hormonal teenagers?

Mason (baldie) killing Ava is just stupid. He's the one unknown at the party, and the chief of police is there.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Is it possible Mac is Cody's father?

I hate this direction for Mac and I hate it for poor Robin, having gotten saddled with Peterich as a cousin on the Devane side and Cody as a cousin on the Scorpio side. Can these writers honestly think of nothing better than retconning and desecrating legacy history to shove in their newbie characters?

• Applause 5
  • Love 7

I did not see Ava being stabbed with a fish hook coming.  (The Q's have gigantic fish hooks in their garden? Are they commercial fishermen now?) Though I'm suspecting Esme is the one who stabbed her. (Skewered her?)

NC was awesome today. Just phenomenal. I felt so sorry for Spencer. Nikolas is an absolute idiot, with his attempt to blame everyone else and not take responsibility for his actions.

Cody is going to turn out to be Mac's, and he was hidden away so Dominique's husband wouldn't know he existed. Which is unfortunate, as I'm not a fan of Cody, or his weird fascination with Faison and Peter.

Still not interested in Austin or his "cousin" or whatever secret he has. I just don't care.

I like Yuri and Terri.

• Love 11

Nikolas is such a loser! Like a a loser into infinity. Way to blame your wife for getting between the legs of your son's girlfriend. Way to blame everyone under the sun but yourself, dumb face. Glad Spencer wasn't having it. I imagine Esme is the one who went I Know What You Did Last Summer on Ava. 

Valentin using the picture with Victor and Lucy to blackmail/scare Martin and Lucy thinking nobody is suspicious of what she was doing.

For a hospital fundraiser on the Q estate, Monica's absence is glaring. Couldn't even bother with a temp recast, show? Also the Qs have dwindled so much that we have to be subjected to lesser Qs puff fish and Drewfus. 

So was Jeff Webber having an affair with Elizabeth's teenage friend or something? 

The horse whisperer might end up being Mac's long lost son, which nobody asked for and sociopath Esme might be Felicia's daughter. The writers are completely irredeemable.

Terri & Yuri are so wholesome and sweet. I don't care if a love potion was involved in this.

It wasn't a bad episode. 

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(Terry goes on the whole "let's bash Q's the only Q i respect is Monica train.  

I figured that lonely, positive remark about Monica was Show's way of acknowledging her 45th anniversary.

39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Cody "The barbeque at the boathouse is running low on supplies.'  Wasn't that the one that caught fire because Carly and Drew were acting like hormonal teenagers?

Apparently they just brushed off the dirt and put more stuff on the grill.

Elizabeth had a flashback to grabbing a female at the top of some stairs . . . please tell me they're not going to retcon Hayden's disappearance into a stairway push. 

Edited by rur
  • LOL 1
13 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Nikolas is an absolute idiot, with his attempt to blame everyone else and not take responsibility for his actions.

That was so gross, though typical Nik. Way to throw everyone around him under the bus. He even blamed Spencer! Ugh, Nik is the worst.

I get you're mad, Spencer, but don't throw glass bottles onto concrete, especially at night when people can't see the broken glass.

I can't cheer on Finn here. He expressly went against Elizabeth wishes, wishes that she has made clear more than once. 

I so don't want Cody to be Mac's son. For one thing, they've already linked Cody to Dante. There's no need to double down with Mac. You can't just link characters and expect the link to do all the work. And yet the show does this constantly, with every new character.

I continue to chuckle at the horse-neighing SFX. We get it. There's a stable nearby.

I don't care about Austin's sekrit. Never did, never will.

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I imagine Esme is the one who went I Know What You Did Last Summer on Ava. 

Same. The gutting was a good, soapy cliffhanger.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, rur said:

Elizabeth had a flashback to grabbing a female at the top of some stairs . . . please tell me they're not going to retcon Hayden's disappearance into a stairway push. 

no, but maybe she's remembering that she knew about Hayden much earlier before? i dunnno. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Whoa. Nik doubles down blaming this on Ava, now saying that this is what Ava always wanted because she was jealous how Nik + Spencer were getting closer because Ava couldn't get close to Kiki. Ava unleashes the slap. Nik has this sadistic smile as he says "the truth hurts, doesn't it." Ava looks at Spencer and tells Nik "Ask your son." Nik's face looks like "oh right. yeah Spencer."

I can not believe he went there.  Nik has always been a fool who thinks with his wiener but this was just LOW.  What a piece of poop.  NC was AMAZING.  And Mistah Sheffield is always a welcome addition to any episode.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Petty and dumb much? 

It’s completely petty and just short sighted.  Like the whole point of fundraisers are to get super rich people to part with their money, you’d think if it’s someone you don’t like that would just make it extra satisfying. Dumb.

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

WOW they totally cast Cody to be Mac's son. Look's totally like he could be Mac's son.

Hold up now….so you’re telling me not only are we supposed to buy that  Dominique never told Scotty she had a son (I will never buy into even just this part of it) but now said son is Mac’s!?!?  I can’t.  I literally CAN NOT.  It’s too much stupid to even comprehend.

Ok, I guess I have to remember what Mr. Lurking likes to whisper to me, when he’s not within slapping range that is: “these people aren’t real” 😂😂😂

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I so don't want Cody to be Mac's son. For one thing, they've already linked Cody to Dante. There's no need to double down with Mac. You can't just link characters and expect the link to do all the work. And yet the show does this constantly, with every new character.

I continue to chuckle at the horse-neighing SFX. We get it. There's a stable nearby.

They've connected Cody to Dante, then to Britt via Faison, then Scott and now Mac? Maybe just write a character that I can care about rather than tying him endlessly to old characters.

The horse neighing is so extra. Horses stomp and snort more than they neigh.

Finn is doing everything wrong if he wants to help Elizabeth. It's all top down and guilting. He needs to talk to Kevin if he really wants to help her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Excellent episode IMO 

NC was fabulous today. He did well expressing his anger and disgust. MW is terrific as always. The stabbing was such a surprise. It’s a left handed person. Austin’s cousin is too obvious. 
Wow, Nik is a total piece of work. He just can’t accept the blame for anything. It’s on him and him alone. 
Yuri and Terri are too cute. I don’t care if it’s Leo’s potion or not. A sweet, ordinary couple will be an improvement, IMO,  over all of these liars, cheaters and criminals. 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Finn justifying what he did because of Violet, also very low. Kudos to Becky for those scenes.

Yeah, I don’t like this either.  I get it, she does need help and it’s possible she could be putting her kids or her patients at risk.  I don’t mind Finn trying to intervene.  But to go behind her back and call her parents and sister who she’s expressly said she wants nothing to do with isn’t right.  Get Laura involved, and especially  Kevin.  If he really felt the  need to contact her parents well then he should have been man enough to tell her to her face, and then accept the consequences.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

NC was awesome today. Just phenomenal

As I watched his scenes today all I could think was I doubt NC will be on this show much longer.   He was absolutely amazing.   I bet some producer out there is going to get wind of his talent and offer him a role on a night-time series.  And he won that Emmy.   Just like Kelly come to think of it. 

• Love 15

I decided to check out some of the show today because it’s Roger Howarth’s monthly appearance and I kept seeing everyone losing their minds over the Spencer actor (even saw a comment say he’s a future Oscar winner.  Come on now).  Still not impressed.  Like I said before, when everyone else around you is terrible, you’re going to stand out as somewhat decent.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

The thing is, (and this is why I am with Finn here) -is that Finn isn't doing this to get with Liz, and he even did it knowing that he could lose her. (which is what happened today). Liz's wishes was "leave it alone, don't contact my family." cool. fine - then she says she's handling it. which okay fine. but as we've seen  her idea of handling it - is not handling it at all. She basically tells everyone "i'm fine i'm fine." but she goes down stairs - fugue state. she hears the name daddy - fugue state. 

I don't think Finn was low to bring up Violet. it's the truth. Violet loves Liz, and she is noticing that things are crazy wonky about her. Jake had to hide for months that he was talking with his grandparents because it could make Liz upset. (which rightly it would because in regards to Liz Jeff + Caroline suck and they didn't need to do this fugue state thing but whatever). Liz's behaviour simply is not impacting Liz + Finn. it's impacting Liz's performance at work, her relationship with her children and her niece. 

Even when Kevin was around (where is he anyway? I thought he didn't go to Italy) Liz side-stepped/tip-toed him too. Yeah was Finn heavy handed sure, but for me this seemed very intervention-y. Even though liz was the one to go "yeah it's over." it kind felt like Finn was heading there too in his effort to help her. and yeah sure being heavy handed might just = the person closing down etc -but i figure that's the way interventions work, yeh? you say how you feel, how the behaviour is impacting the people in your life and if you don't suss it out, you can't be around until they do. because if you do you are just condoning the behaviour. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

NC was AMAZING.  And Mistah Sheffield is always a welcome addition to any episode.

I had to watch the 2nd half first and then wait for the eastern feed to go back and watch the first half of the show and NC did not disappoint.

And to Mistah Sheffield: I don't think anyone is at this Q BBQ for the cuisine 😄 I guess the porkchop rub Austin is talking about is actually dirt.

ETA: because I tuned in late, I couldn't figure out why Austin's cousin was Golum  (I guess that was his getting choked voice)

And I did like Yuri and Terry, there are cute and I hope it works out well. Hopefully Yuri moved to America from his country because he supports trans people.

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

I decided to check out some of the show today because it’s Roger Howarth’s monthly appearance and I kept seeing everyone losing their minds over the Spencer actor (even saw a comment say he’s a future Oscar winner.  Come on now).  Still not impressed.  Like I said before, when everyone else around you is terrible, you’re going to stand out as somewhat decent.

that's fair. i remember you not being impressed by a lot of actors on the show, which is your opinion. but just like it is your opinion that everyone is terrible and thus  NC isn't really that good - I feel that people can opine that NC has the talent to win an Oscar. I'm pretty sure that Juliette Moore and others who were on soaps thought they'd win an Oscar.. until they won an Oscar. (and im pretty sure there are people out there who don't like them so. i mean. it's all subjective, right?). 

I personally believe NC was brilliant. and he wasn't standing out because MC wasn't good. he was brilliant because he has incredible talent. again. each their own. 

• Like 5
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I personally believe NC was brilliant. and he wasn't standing out because MC wasn't good. he was brilliant because he has incredible talent. again. each their own. 

I happen to think they were all really good today.  MC was the weakest but still good.

• Love 4

Ultimately, it's Elizabeth who has to decide she wants help, not Finn. I get it's hard for him to stand by and watch, but short of committing her, that's what he has to do. If he's so worried about Violet and Elizabeth's sons, he should talk to them (age-appropriately) and ask if the boys, especially, feel unsafe with her. Then maybe he can talk to Elizabeth and give her concrete information, calmly and without getting her hackles up (tough, I know). That might work. But going behind her back to talk to  people she's repeatedly told him not to talk to is only going to keep her stubbornly refusing to help herself. 

ETA: Since Finn alone hasn't had luck with Elizabeth, maybe it's time for an intervention.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I happen to think they were all really good today.  MC was the weakest but still good.

yeah they were all good. i just mean - I don't think NC is good because MC is not. I think NC is good because NC is good. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Daisy said:

but i figure that's the way interventions work, yeh? you say how you feel, how the behaviour is impacting the people in your life and if you don't suss it out, you can't be around until they do. because if you do you are just condoning the behaviour. 

Interventions work because a group of people that the addict/person-in-trouble cares about break through the wall of denial and get the person to realize that not only is he/she/they in trouble but needs other people to help. It can't be top down, which is how Finn is doing it. Liz has had to do much of her living on her own, without her family (the issue) and without the men in her life who keep leaving her. She's not going to go against everything that has made her strong to let Finn tell her what she needs and what she has to do. Finn would be much better listening to Liz and gently trying to get her to talk rather than telling her that she needs help and getting it for her when she tells him No.

It's not going to work with Finn trying to fix her as long as Kevin and Laura support Liz not being in treatment.  It just makes Finn the bad guy and she's going to reject what he tells her even more.

ETA: There is clearly an issue between Liz and her family. That is why that is the last place that Finn should go if he wants to help he. She needs to feel safe addressing it first, and then only if she wants to address it.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Kevin and Laura support Liz not being in treatment. 

DO Kevin and Laura support Liz not being in treatment though?

I will say, I mean i do get what you and Dubble Zout are saying, and I agree too. I just see Finn's pov here too and I just don't think he's doing it to be controlling or manipulative or gain anything more than help for Liz, even though he is sucking at it, and I don't think he was wrong to use the kids to try to get Liz to

I think if it were more like Bearded Wonder - i'd be like just stahp.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I just don't think he's doing it to be controlling or manipulative or gain anything more than help for Liz

His heart is in the right place, but to keep doing things the way he's doing them is getting controlling and manipulative.

I do think this story needs to peak. We're not seeing anything new from either Elizabeth or Finn, and the flashbacks are too brief for more info.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Daisy said:

that's fair. i remember you not being impressed by a lot of actors on the show, which is your opinion. but just like it is your opinion that everyone is terrible and thus  NC isn't really that good - I feel that people can opine that NC has the talent to win an Oscar. I'm pretty sure that Juliette Moore and others who were on soaps thought they'd win an Oscar.. until they won an Oscar. (and im pretty sure there are people out there who don't like them so. i mean. it's all subjective, right?). 

Based on what I saw, there’s a lot of hyperbole for that boy right now.  I don’t understand it.  I’m not going to be wowed by someone bugging out their eyes.  I’m not going to call someone a future Oscar winner for that.

Just like how folks declared he deserved that Emmy.  I just saw him waving his hand in front of his face.  I guess you can win a Daytime Emmy for that.  Call me when he wins a real Emmy.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, texastornado said:

Did we see how Elizabeth got that cut on her head?  

nope we did not

6 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Call me when he wins a real Emmy.

a daytime emmy is a real emmy.

• Thanks 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’m really tired of this “Liz thing”. Get a move on or leave it behind, writers. I am bored out of my mind with this story!

you can legit remove "Liz thing" and add

"Victor thing"
"Cody thing"
"Society Setups thing"
"BLQ's music thing"

etc tc lol

• Applause 5
  • LOL 5
29 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’m really tired of this “Liz thing”. Get a move on or leave it behind, writers. I am bored out of my mind with this story!

I was interested when it first started - several months ago. It has dragged out so much, and it is shown so rarely that I lost all interest in the plot. And having Finn force things the way he is is not helping.  They need to push this plot into third gear already! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Today showcased that:

- Today was full display of toxic men and their ability to blame everyone else, especially women for their mistakes.

-Tyler Christopher would have murdered these Nik scenes with Maura and Nicholas. MC continues to just have that one expression of "dumbfounded glory" and thats it. 

- NAC definitely secured at least another Younger Actor Emmy Nom today.

- Seeing Roger and Maura together sent me back to ATWT days and I need more scenes with them.

- Laura might just leave Port Charles again when she returns and sees the complete dumpster fire going on with her family. I fully need some high class bitch slaps to Nik when she finds out what he did.

- I am all for giving Becky material to act her ass off. But, GH is horrible on how to pace their stories and when to pull the trigger. Becky is one of your best actors on the show and in soaps, give her something better. Girl deserves it after all the BS they  have put Liz through for the past 25 years.

Edited by Cheetara1986
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

My god TC is one of the most overrated actors in daytime and NAC is quickly climbing that list. He’s good but far from this amazing actor that people are falling over themselves to praise. And just because you’re good in daytime doesn’t mean you will make it in prime time or be on the level of winning a Oscar🙄

Today was actually pretty good soap! At least the Nik/Spencer/Ava scenes and even Liz and Finn. 

I’ll join the chorus of praising NAC (sorry if this annoys some!). I love when he shows that vulnerability. Spencer is such an entitled arrogant shit but deep down he really just want his father to choose him first and foremost. Nikolas is incapable though, and he keeps crushing Spencer with his choices. I hope Spencer calls him a perverted old creep every time he sees him. 

I just hate the Liz story. I’m guessing that flashback is her threatening her dads mistress? Though flashback Liz looked older than the Liz who showed up in Port Charles 25 years ago. Becky was great today. Finn still creeps me out. 

Based on mondays preview of Victor asking Spencer what he remembers about the past few hours I’m guessing he will be a suspect in “who hooked Ava?” storyline. Actually Liz will be a suspect too and the guy Austin was arguing with. This is dumb we all know it’s gonna be Esme or Ryan. 

Edited by racked
  • Like 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Seeing Roger and Maura together sent me back to ATWT days and I need more scenes with them.

1st thing that entered my mind when they appeared on the screen together.   Last week, I finished watching old ATWT episodes on YT.   Began during the COVID "lockdown" in May 2020 with 1985 eps. (Holden/Lily golden days).   Took short breaks now and then, but it was mostly an very enjoyable 2 yrs. watching 25 yrs. of a wonderful soap (things started going downhill around 2005.   Roger and Maura were so good (and young!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

I personally believe NC was brilliant. and he wasn't standing out because MC wasn't good. he was brilliant because he has incredible talent.

And he's also great against MW, who is miles better than MC, to say the least.  So impressed with this kid. 

Great ending--one I didn't see coming. 

• Love 8