Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

SHUT UP. Ned didn't betray you. This isn't Q back-fighting.  Don't be all "Well this is what Edward would do."

Would Edward have made such a a stupid business decision? It seems like everyone from Ned to Nina knew that it would be a bad business decision.

Kevin does not need Brando's permission to put Sasha on a 72 hour hold.

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it was? why would it be?

They had an ad campaign when she was pregnant "The Face of Conception". There would have to be some press when she lost the baby because people would want to know and would be expecting pictures of Sasha with her baby.

I really hate the pressure to "get right back on the horse". It works for some people but others have to process the fall and if they don't and just get right back on, it makes it worse. (See Sasha and Willow losing babies.)

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
40 minutes ago, Daisy said:

SHUT UP. Ned didn't betray you. This isn't Q back-fighting.  Don't be all "Well this is what Edward would do."

Would Edward have made such a a stupid business decision? It seems like everyone from Ned to Nina knew that it would be a bad business decision.

Please.  Edward constantly pissed off any number of family members in the name of keeping ELQ solvent.  

So...Willow's all better now?  Do better, show.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Fuckin' spare me with Carly sobbing and asking the heavens why.  Why?  Because you're a buttinski bitch who attempted to commit insider trading.

Ugh, and Drew, completely ruined.

If Carly doesn't actually lose the hotel, I'm going to be so pissed.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So...Willow's all better now?  Do better, show.

Being pregnant with Michael's spawn is the magic cure.

And of course Sasha's meltdown triggers Nina. FFS, Show. 

Carly didn't cry nearly long enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Why isn't willow dying? what happened to her walking dead convenientious?

Im really really hoping this was the calm before the storm and there will be more to it than just pregnancy.   Also, also (TM Daisy!!) this is only Day 2 of "our baby, we are so blessed", but I cannot listen to that garbage for the next 13 months of Willow's pregnancy.  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

The actress did well, I've never lost a baby but I was crushed by the scenes.

That scene where she was sitting in the wheelchair totally disconnected from the conversation between Brando and Kevin and then looks up at Brando and says something like, "i'm just really tired, can we go home now" but she can't because Kevin's keeping her in hospital was super well done by Sofia.  Anyone who's grieved like that will understand that bone deep tiredness.

I also give kudos to Cynthia Watros, in her last scene with Sonny where she was understanding what Sasha was going through and bawling her eyes out.  

57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm going to be the grump and say that if no one can mention babies when she's around, she needs counseling pronto. 

Which is what she'll be getting now that she's working with Kevin, something that should have happened after the baby died.  

57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The lovable, sexy scamp, of course. 

I'm totally not feeling him and I can't tell if it's the actor or the character.  I'm just super pissed that Kelly T is being wasted on this inane story 

• Applause 3
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Fuckin' spare me with Carly sobbing and asking the heavens why.  Why?  Because you're a buttinski bitch who attempted to commit insider trading.

Amen.

She put all her eggs in one basket, there's an actual saying about not doing that. ( Also about counting chickens before they hatch). Carly ignored both, because Michael never loses. That kind of hubristic idiocy deserves to lose a  hotel.( Half a hotel) 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm totally not feeling him and I can't tell if it's the actor or the character.

I think it's the writing. They always come in really hard with new characters, forcing connections (a camp buddy of Dante's? Alrighty then) and their personality. I think Josh Kelly is doing a decent job with what he's been given to work with.

I'm not sure what's worse: Introducing a character and then ignoring them for weeks, or introducing a character and plastering the show with them. Both show that the writers have no idea how to build a story.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Amen.

She put all her eggs in one basket, there's an actual saying about not doing that. ( Also about counting chickens before they hatch). Carly ignored both, because Michael never loses. That kind of hubristic idiocy deserves to lose a  hotel.( Half a hotel) 

and honestly, i would feel more sorry for her - if she wasn't buttering her "I was wrongs" with "But if Ned didn't betray the family!!!" and i know a lot of y'all are are like well don't infantalize people but i mean if I am always able/capable I want to help people, and I know a lot of people are the same. I don't think necessarily it's undoing anything to have people come to a friend's aid, even in the height of their stupidity. My mama drummed in my head to never take away people's joy. Most times people don't offer to help unless they are able to and in a position to do so. As much as it is dumb that everyone is all "well we'll help you with your mistake," - i think it's equally dumb to hold onto your pride. Take the offer, and then pay them back.

what i actually want to have happen is that Carly does take someone's offer, and then she realizes that she was too late.  twist that knife in

• Like 1
  • Love 3

The SL with Carly is too convoluted for me. When she initially offered to invest, it sounded like she had the extra funds and wanted to help because Drew and Michael needed investors. Then later on, it sounded like she invested, and heavily may I add, because she thought it was a sure thing and she’d make a killing and could use the extra funds to expand her holdings and set herself up for the future. 

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

what i actually want to have happen is that Carly does take someone's offer, and then she realizes that she was too late.  twist that knife in

Yup.  Have Carly and her lapdog  Drew scramble to raise the money, have her have it in-hand on the last day, and then boom, reveal, I dunno, Mrs. Wu bought her half of the hotel.  That would be delish.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it's the writing. They always come in really hard with new characters, forcing connections (a camp buddy of Dante's? Alrighty then) and their personality. I think Josh Kelly is doing a decent job with what he's been given to work with.

Yeah, it's the childish backstory (why again couldn't have just been a WSB colleague of Dante's from those years?) and the shenanigans with Spinelli that are dragging things down for me. 

Although it did take me a while to warm to Kelly on OLTL, come to think of it, Cutter was also very smwarmy and annoying at first, but they made some modifications that worked.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The SL with Carly is too convoluted for me. When she initially offered to invest, it sounded like she had the extra funds and wanted to help because Drew and Michael needed investors. Then later on, it sounded like she invested, and heavily may I add, because she thought it was a sure thing and she’d make a killing and could use the extra funds to expand her holdings and set herself up for the future. 

i think it is both. 
she wanted to help so she would have bought a few. but the dipsticks kept making it sound it was a sure thing so she probably felt "well why not" and tossed the baby with the bathwater. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

And of course Sasha's meltdown triggers Nina. FFS, Show. 

That didn't bother me. Nina and Sasha are close, so I can see why her sadness for Sasha would also open up older wounds.

I liked the grownup conversation Sonny and Nina had when she made her excellent points about not actually buying Crimson. I still kind of hope she or one of the few anti-Carly folks out there buys the hotel, though.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, it's the childish backstory (why again couldn't have just been a WSB colleague of Dante's from those years?) and the shenanigans with Spinelli that are dragging things down for me. 

i wouln't even mind it being a friend from summer camp if they kept in touch ALL these years. but they didn't. and I will say. I have this face that i legit look the same now as i did in high school (just fatter LOL). but there are a LOT of people from high school who look TOTALLY different, so i refuse to believe that Dante and Cody would have seen each other and been like BRO! BRO!!!!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Take the offer, and then pay them back.

With Sonny there are likely strings attached regardless of what he says. Plus, it muddies their divorce, putting Sonny in Carly's life more than she wants him there.  I don't blame Carly for refusing his help.

As for Drew, I think she'll eventually cave and accept his help. That will lead to deepening their relationship and all of that. Ugh.

• Love 1

While I'd prefer that Cody know Dante from his WSB days (because Adult Behaviour), I don't mind the childhood friend story. What I don't like is that they are writing him as sketchy as hell and not too smart but everyone he meets (except possibly Britt and Spinelli who he is blackmailing) is buying it completely. The actor is doing his best with the material but he doesn't have the charm of JPS (or Rob Stewart, if you've seen him as Khylen on Killjoys you know what I mean) to make a villain interesting.

28 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

From the way Drew was talking, she bought in big time. Jax might have that kind of cash lying around to invest or maybe even Sonny but I doubt that Carly would. But because she is brave&strong&loveswithherwholeheart, she immediately went All In to help Michael and sold her hotel. Why didn't she just get a mortgage on it instead of selling it outright?

And if Michael was such a believer in Aurora and the merger, why didn't buy in the way Carly did? As a Quartermaine, he would have access to more funds and more borrowing than Carly.

56 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Please.  Edward constantly pissed off any number of family members in the name of keeping ELQ solvent. 

Exactly. I don't remember Edward being this stupid in a business decision, or willing to sacrifice for family. Drew is Lila, but he needs to be more Edward.

The writing today did make Nina appear to be a better businessperson than Drew or Carly. She might enjoy running Crimson but she knows that it isn’t a good investment and isn’t willing to throw her money into it. Also, I wouldn’t be shocked if Nina does end up buying the MC since she knows about it and if she had the money to easily buy Crimson, I assume she has the funds for the hotel. Especially since Carly and/or Olivia are all but guaranteed to get into her face and rail at her about something within the week. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm totally not feeling him and I can't tell if it's the actor or the character.  I'm just super pissed that Kelly T is being wasted on this inane story 

I don’t know anything about the actor, but I’m guessing character.

It’s like Drew: When CM first appeared and Drew was this resourceful, take-charge guy, he was hot. But these days, when I look at him all I see is a slack-jawed loser. Not appealing at all. The only difference with Cody is, he started out that way.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Best part of today's show was being able to FF through all of the Michael/Willow scenes and I feel cleansed. Die both of you. DIE!!!

I honestly thought Michael was going to break out Neil Diamond " You're havin' my baby...."

• LOL 3
On 7/5/2022 at 11:58 AM, Daisy said:

Enchanted/Erica Kane shout out! x2
Sasha's dress doesn't look face of Deception-y
Why do I feel like i know the chick in the blue jacket?

I hope not. He's not a Q to me. 
Bearded Wonder don't take the Q job. if you aren't there  right away, you'll get fired. 

Joss is a horrible girlfriend. #freecam.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT SPINELLI AND HIS STUPID NEW BUSINESS. Also also DON'T CARE ABOUT BEARDED WONDER. I DON'T CARE ABOUT BRITT IN THIS STORYLINE. 

I don't want Nina to buy Crimson, I wannt her to buy the hooteeeellll. (whines) Ooh but Olivia's big mouth means that Nina knows. so please please buy the Hotel, and then buy out Olivia. Also. i refuse to believe that Crimson is worth that much that it can save the hotel. unless Dumbo  is going  to cash in all his money, but then i hope they both flop

Oh look. Trina asks Joss not to start, and Joss ignores her. #GREATBESTFRIENDEVER! but i laughed so hard when they all pushed each other into the pool. (I mean I like Spencer, but i wish that Spencer hit his head, and then Cassadines sue Carly for the rest of the money Carly has. DO IT).  but of Course carly just bans Spencer + Esme from the hotel that she no longer owns. Whatever. 

Oh look. Olivia is a sucky sucky person, news at eleven. 

Gladys is the best ride and die person ever

So Sonny, did you want Spinelli to introduce you as Mike Cowboy or something. that's your name dumbo. 

Also. Carly is just drinking, and walking around pouting while everyone else is trying to save her butt. Carly why don't you start finding ways to save your butt (or just tell people you don't want the hotel anymore)

certainly not this Drew.
Honestly, i've pretty much kicked out most honorary Q's at this point because they all don't care about the family. 

If Drew actually ever attempted to sell Crimson for the purpose of using that revenue to ‘reimburse Carly for her losses’, the following things would happen in short order:

The Aurora board of directors would look at replacing him as CEO.

There would be shareholder lawsuits against the company, and possibly Drew individually.

The SEC would investigate.  In this event, it will reveal Carly’s insider trading, thus subjecting her to criminal prosecution.

The SEC would also consider criminal charges against Drew.

Aurora would tank further.  Vendors and clients/customers would look at Aurora like it’s a clown show and many would abandon them.

the writing here is beyond abysmal.  This is the kind of business storyline junior high school kids would write, and not the smart ones.  GH needs to fire their entire writing staff and start over.  It’s just beyond painful anymore

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ugh, and Drew, completely ruined.

How is Aurora ruined?  The stock price is down, but nothing was said about their various business units suddenly not producing revenue.  Again, this is all such shit writing.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I think Cody is a combination of what the show is giving him and the actor. Horse expert part time stuntman is stupid but the actor so far is pretty meh. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

How is Aurora ruined?  The stock price is down, but nothing was said about their various business units suddenly not producing revenue.  Again, this is all such shit writing.

well they said Drew was ruined.  not Aurora. 
the business assets could be generating revenue but if people keep selling their shares, aurora could still go under. 

Can we have a scene or two of Carly meeting with a high class "pawn broker" so she can start liquidating some of her remaining assets.  Her jewelry and collection of wedding rings should be worth a pretty penny.  She could sell her designer clothes and accessories on eBay.  It would be priceless to watch Ava go through Carly's house appraising the art work.  Maybe she could contact Lucy so she can rent out her mansion.  She could move in with Bobbie or live in the apartment across from Maxie.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Willow had a horse when she was growing up with all the various communes and cults?

So this is going to be the clue that ties Willow and Nina together. Because I remember MS’ Nina having a long monologue//scene about her love of her horse from her childhood.

I think it is 1000% certainty that Nina bought the MC. 

i am sure that Carly remember the last time Sonny help with one of the businesses that she was involved with and how he sold right from under her {Deception).

Carly has lost other businesses usually as a result of her own behavior (Club 101, The Cellar). It just that she was able to hold onto the MC for over a decade (even longer thanks to Sorasing as it came before Joss was born.

if she bought all this Aurora stock doesn’t still have a stake in that company?

(edited)

Today I officially started ff’ing Sasha. I. don.t. Care.

Though, I did catch the scene where Kevin found the drugs in her purse. The actress did a good job. I’m just sick of the character. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 1

So insulting that as soon as Willow gets a positive pregnancy test suddenly she feels great, not so much as even slightly pale.  I realize some of it could be a placebo effect, but she's  not so much as saying "at least now I know why I FEEL (as in current) lousy." 

If  Comet has to keep listening to these lame conversations, he should at least be in the opening credits.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I know posters have been talking about it, but I don’t think I fully realized until today that the horse’s little stable is right next to a living room. Are they in a barn or stable or something else? That is definitely a weird setup 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I know posters have been talking about it, but I don’t think I fully realized until today that the horse’s little stable is right next to a living room. Are they in a barn or stable or something else? That is definitely a weird setup 

I don't know if anyone on the show knows anything about horses. I cannot believe how much airtime an actual horse is getting with that huge ass set dedicated to him/her?

• Like 1
(edited)

I want Comet to start talking. Like, it'd be weird but it'd be fun.

I wonder which one of Frank's friends owns the horse and needs money so Frank wrote the horse into the show.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

I want Comet to start talking. Like, it'd be weird but it'd be fun.

Especially if he said out loud the comments here. Imagine the snark.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Willow had a horse when she was growing up with all the various communes and cults?

She said that it wasn't actually her horse, it just came to her when she called it. I guess it belonged to the commune and Willow seems to have a problem recognizing when something actually isn't hers.

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

I honestly thought Michael was going to break out Neil Diamond " You're havin' my baby...."

Paul Anka wrote those awful lyrics. (I can't believe it won the Juno single of the year)

"What a lovely way of saying me you love me." Perfect for Michael.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/5/2022 at 2:31 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Of course, the writers also keep throwing Sasha's dead baby in her face every chance they get. If this is all you can come up with, then maybe it's time (like 3 years ago) to cut your losses with the character.

And no one intervened, not even her husband?!  Yes, let’s just sit off to the side making concerned faces while the face of our brand/friend/WIFE has a nervous breakdown on live television.  Just dumb.

On 7/5/2022 at 3:04 PM, dubbel zout said:

Spinelli having his own story while Elizabeth languishes at Stony Brook drives me nuts. He's a supporting character, not a lead. Ugh.

I agree.  I don’t mind Spinelli and he gets some good one liners sometimes but…small doses are key.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I liked the grownup conversation Sonny and Nina had when she made her excellent points about not actually buying Crimson. I still kind of hope she or one of the few anti-Carly folks out there buys the hotel, though.

I thought the same thing while watching.  Nina actually has mature, thought out reasons for not buying Crimson.  Drew was insulting thinking he could get her to buy Crimson just because she hates Carly (I don’t even think she hates Carly although she should).  Just because he and Carly are both horrible business people who make decisions based on emotions instead of facts doesn’t mean everyone is as petty and stupid as they are.

If Nina did buy the MetroCourt it will be because it’s good business investment, though everyone will think she’s evil and just sticking it to poor, put upon Carly.  I mean that’s a great bonus don’t get me wrong, but it’s not the main reason.  I think Sonny of all people will be able to understand this, which is blowing my mind.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

And no one intervened, not even her husband?!  Yes, let’s just sit off to the side making concerned faces while the face of our brand/friend/WIFE has a nervous breakdown on live television.  Just dumb.

they tried to. Maxie was waving Morgan Fairchild, and Lucy and Brando kept trying to get there but the producers were stopping them at every turn. that's why the whole "Oh we're gonna sue you." think was dumb. again it's like these people are the Shopping Network. if you don't have the items run a little chyron at the bottom. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

And no one intervened, not even her husband?!

Actually the director trying to hold Maxie back from running on stage was UCG😄

Lucy is the one that should of held Maxie back, just so her terrible make up job isn't on TV when they are trying to sell make up products

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

I love Sasha's dress. 

I didn't mind the dress at all but for a TV appearance as the face of Deception...no.  Suited the baby carrier product though.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

f Nina did buy the MetroCourt it will be because it’s good business investment, though everyone will think she’s evil and just sticking it to poor, put upon Carly.  I mean that’s a great bonus don’t get me wrong, but it’s not the main reason.  I think Sonny of all people will be able to understand this, which is blowing my mind.

Carly's the one who basically gambled away her half of the hotel.  I feel a mite bad for Olivia potentially having a partner she doesn't want, but no pity for Carly whatsoever.  I also didn't like it when Carly poo-pood Olivia's plan to buy her half of the hotel with Ned's money.  Because Ned is evil for going against poor Michael who started the whole thing for revenge reasons in the first place.  I'm actually not sure what the merger with Aurora had to do with his Sonny revenge plan in the first place.  If it's good business sense, I see no reason why Valentine and Ned would be against that part anyway.  Unlike Michael and Carly, they don't make business decisions based purely on hatred.

I got sidetracked and almost forgot my main point.  It's Olivia who is going to have to live with whoever buys the other half of the hotel.  If she can manage to swing it with Ned's help, Carly shouldn't try to prevent that.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

they tried to. Maxie was waving Morgan Fairchild, and Lucy and Brando kept trying to get there but the producers were stopping them at every turn. that's why the whole "Oh we're gonna sue you." think was dumb. again it's like these people are the Shopping Network. if you don't have the items run a little chyron at the bottom. 

Yeah but Maxie knew the surprise product that Luna Moody was going to reveal was a baby carrier, something she said “might be a small problem” to Lucy and Brando. As soon as she saw the carrier she should have told the producer or whomever that Sasha lost a baby recently and that surprise gift was gonna be a no-go.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I have a lot of feelings about that Facebook post. Not good feelings. But feelings.

Whenever I read posts championing Carly, Michael, Willow, and OldSonny, I feel like I'm in a weird alternate universe.

Drew has become so insufferable.  Dude, it's not your fault Carly ignored you and Michael saying "don't invest" and not only invested, but invested more than she should have.  She's right when she said that's all on her.  Also, I LOVED when Sonny told her "soon you'll have to pay to sit by this pool."  NGL, that was great.  God help me, "NueSonny" is growing on me (don't worry, I'm sure it's just a temporary phase).

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

Cody being roommates with a horse is the kind of comedy I need at my lunch hour.  Comet has a nicer living space than 75% of the people I know.

Shut up, Drew. Ned owns ELQ stock - how the hell are you going to keep a merger secret from him? 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

So Cody lives upstairs in the loft, while Comet lives downstairs? Do the writers realize that horses poop? And barns smell? And that’s why people don’t typically keep their horses in the living room? 

I loved Sonny’s line that Carly will have to pay to sit by the pool. 

Michael continues to suck the life out of a character I once loved. It could be really interesting to explore Willow’s damaging childhood more and how that makes her vulnerable to Michael’s controlling behavior. And why isn’t she worried about this baby dying like Jonah? 

• Love 4

Ned, considering how many times Olivia yelled at you for talking about ELQ,, you are under no obligation to have talked to her about voting for Valentin.

Brook Lynn, shut up about the music you wrote under contract to Linc. It sucks that he has the rights to your music but moving on is the only way you'll get out from under him.

How old is Leo? Why s he allowed to have social media accounts? I hope that someone is monitoring them because with ASD, he's more vulnerable to bullying.

Finally we get to Elizabeth! I like Chekhov's jigsaw puzzle.

Nice blackmailing of Valentin, Victor. Are you really going to hurt your own granddaughter?

And finally Valentin shows himself to be Helena's son.

4 hours ago, Katy M said:

I'm actually not sure what the merger with Aurora had to do with his Sonny revenge plan in the first place.  If it's good business sense, I see no reason why Valentine and Ned would be against that part anyway.  Unlike Michael and Carly, they don't make business decisions based purely on hatred.

I got sidetracked and almost forgot my main point.  It's Olivia who is going to have to live with whoever buys the other half of the hotel.  If she can manage to swing it with Ned's help, Carly shouldn't try to prevent that.

Carly shouldn't, but Carly doesn't care about other people.

The Aurora/ELQ merger was suggested by Drew's business consutant (whatever he paid her, it was too much). When it failed, Michael seized the opportunity to put all his energy into revenge against Sonny.

Isn't Michael still officially CEO of Aurora? Why does he never do any work for it?

33 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

What did Original Wylie die of? I want to say SIDS, but I have no idea if that's actually correct, or just my brain rewriting and/or filling in blanks.

No explanation. I think we were meant to think SIDS.

• Love 3