Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Charlotte/Finn/Ava scenes were cute. But very weird juxtaposed with the darkness of the other scenes.

Still looks like Charlotte hasn't grown/aged at all. 

3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

TempAlexis is horrible.

no kidding. Such a shame it wasn't NLG, I might have paid attention. Also didn't pay attention to Dante/Sonny scene, was Dante basically letting Sonny of the hook? 

• Love 5

What kind of doctor is TJ if he just smiles like a loon when someone gives them their most prized possession?  I'd be checking the morgue.  Hatman wouldn't give away his clarinet (especially to someone who doesn't play) unless he didn't need it anymore. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, DanaK said:

I wonder if Harmony will let on that Ryan is faking his locked in syndrome and that she and Esme were in cahoots with him, or will she die and take that info to her grave?

Do we know for sure that Harmony knows and is in cahoots with him and Esme? I don’t know how I missed that! (Other than the whole “Ryan communicates by blinking” is ridiculous.)

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Do we know for sure that Harmony knows and is in cahoots with him and Esme? I don’t know how I missed that! (Other than the whole “Ryan communicates by blinking” is ridiculous.)

Harmony knows he’s faking and he was forcing her to do things, though I don’t recall specifically what he made her do. I don’t recall for sure if she knows about Esme working with Ryan or just thinking she was too curious about him. After that chess game (with Spencer?) in prison I think, Harmony and Ryan talked and that’s when we knew she knew he was faking and that she had no choice about helping him

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

What's the over/under on Michael, upon learning Harmony's deeds, says "everything was fine until Nina pressured her to talk to Willow about Wiley?" 

I'm just glad that Harmony refused to be a character witness for Nina, because that would not look good for the custody case.😆

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DanaK said:

Harmony knows he’s faking and he was forcing her to do things, though I don’t recall specifically what he made her do. I don’t recall for sure if she knows about Esme working with Ryan or just thinking she was too curious about him.

Harmony will help point the finger at Esme  being evil and this will get Carly  to be on her side, especially if harmony can also throw in a bad word about Nina.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

In other news, what on earth is that top Maxie is wearing. Alls I could think about was... how in hell do you launder that thing?! 

That’s the most hideous thing I’ve ever seen her wear, and that’s saying A LOT.  It look like something Blanche Deveraux would wear to go grocery shopping.

• LOL 13
9 hours ago, Blackie said:
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Charlotte/Finn/Ava scenes were cute. But very weird juxtaposed with the darkness of the other scenes.

Still looks like Charlotte hasn't grown/aged at all. 

That was Violet.   Charlotte is Valentin's daughter who's been shipped to a boarding school since the replacement didn't work out.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:
12 hours ago, DanaK said:

wonder if Harmony will let on that Ryan is faking his locked in syndrome and that she and Esme were in cahoots with him, or will she die and take that info to her grave?

Do we know for sure that Harmony knows and is in cahoots with him and Esme? I don’t know how I missed that!

They haven't shown us anything that says Harmony is working with Ryan.  She's certainly not working with Esme because the few times she's interacted with her, she then told Alexis to be careful of her, because she was an odd duck.  

• Useful 3
7 hours ago, DanaK said:

Harmony and Ryan talked and that’s when we knew she knew he was faking and that she had no choice about helping him

Do you mean literally talked, with spoken words, because we've never seen that.  The last scene between them she said she was tired of helping him communicate with others and he blinked at her, which she interpreted out loud as a warning that he would do something to her if he could.  

The clip is from after Ryan had her interpret something for Spencer, which made it seem like he was still coming after Ava, so Harmony confronted him. (march 23/22).  It doesn't sound like she's working for or with him, but that she's doing her job of interpreting what he wants said

Edited by perkie1968
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Do you mean literally talked, with spoken words, because we've never seen that.  The last scene between them she said she was tired of helping him communicate with others and he blinked at her, which she interpreted out loud as a warning that he would do something to her if he could.  

Hmm, I could be misremembering any actual talking. 

11 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Boarding school?  Does Val WANT her to turn out like her cousin?  I mean, good to get her out of grandpa's immediate orbit, but...

OG Charlotte's actress moved out of LA so they recast with a slightly older actress for a handful of scenes at the end of the Bailey reveal.  Plus she was kidnapped by Peter to get Victor to help him, then rescued by Victor.  At that point Valentin had her sent to a boarding school away from Peter (before Peter died).  The behind the scenes explanation is that the actress didn't work out, however briefly, so they took the character off canvas for now and gave the boarding shcool/protection excuse.  

• Useful 5
4 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I could be misremembering any actual talking. 

The only time we've seen him talk is with Esme during the icky, squicky 'you like it when i call you daddy' conversation when it was confirmed that he's not locked in and that the two of them have some sort of relationship, either literally father/daughter or cult leader/prophet.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

The only time we've seen him talk is with Esme during the icky, squicky 'you like it when i call you daddy' conversation when it was confirmed that he's not locked in and that the two of them have some sort of relationship, either literally father/daughter or cult leader/prophet.  

Thanks for the update. It appears I got confused or forgot

• Love 1
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

That was Violet.   Charlotte is Valentin's daughter who's been shipped to a boarding school since the replacement didn't work out.  

Thanks, Violet is who I meant.  I guess it shows how much little interest I have in these blonde daughters.

Maybe when Val and Anna get together Charlotte will come back since Anna seemed very happy to raise Finn's daughter.

as much as I find Anna annoying in the last... well since she came back, I would love for her and Val to get together and make her a Cassidine.  I want that family dynamic, her and Ava as the wives of these dumbasses and Victor having to live with all the snark.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Portia and Curtis were made for each other. Can't handle their exes keeping work secrets from them, but are totally lying to each other. He's not telling her the truth about how he got the file on his paternal and she is lying to him about Trina being his daughter. Looking forward to the this implosion.

Rory is a terrible guardian. Are you scrolling through your phone while Esme gets inside the gallery? You had one job to do.

Laura practically handholding her dumb son's hand to try and explain to him what Esme is up to. Derpy derp derping the hell out of what she's telling him. Is that the inbreeding Cassadine gene rearing it's ugly head or something? Because Nikolas is incredibly stupid.

Temp Alexis's acting choices when she was smiling about things was just weird. 

Of course the paparazzo is friends with that wannabe Harry Potter. 

So Carly seems to have an inkling about who Willow's mother is. So this should be fun /s.

Sasha wailing on the photog was hilariously bad and took me out of the scene. It's too bad she's not a better actress. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

With all of NC’s talent, why are they insisting on keeping his as an insufferable spoiled brat? I wouldn’t wish him on anyone right now, not even Esme.

LW’s “injury” makeup looked orange and completely fake on my screen, but but KM looked beautiful.

NLG announced her first day back at work was yesterday, so another 2 weeks of recast, maybe? Sigh…

https://www.soapsindepth.com/posts/general-hospital/nancy-lee-grahn-is-back-at-general-hospita

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I liked the scene yesterday at the nail salon.  Not every scene needs to move the story forward.  It was a cute scene with two unconnected people interacting.  I dig that.  It just seems weird because they never do it.  

Willow excusing herself today when Dante and Michael started talking about Sonny is exactly what she should have done the other day when the actual confrontation happened.  Leave the room, don’t just awkwardly stand there.

Oh Laura.  So now you are all fine with Sonny again because he gave you his word.  That’s adorable.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Desperado said:

NLG announced her first day back at work was yesterday, so another 2 weeks of recast, maybe? Sigh…

I thought they taped 4-6 weeks in advance which would mean we wouldn't see alexis back on screen until the end of May/begin of June.  which is probably fine, since this story will now be in Carly's so very capable hands and be all about her, so no need for Alexis anymore.  

• Love 4

I feel sorry for NLG that when her character finally gets a meaty story, she's off sick.

Speaking of which, I heard Alexis thank Carly for saving her life. Did I miss Carly thanking her for the same? Because if Alexis hadn't showed up, Carly would totally have been a goner.

NuTrina's fingernails are taking me out of her scenes. She's a fulltime student and has a part time job. When I was the same, I didn't have time to put polish on my nails much less go for a manicure like that.

Jordan was more concerned that Curtis didn't tell her where he got the information (not the she cared about it for one second) than that her boyfriend and his BFF played a dirty trick on Marshall that led to him leaving town.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is that the inbreeding Cassadine gene rearing it's ugly head or something? Because Nikolas is incredibly stupid.

Can't even use that excuse because Laura brought new blood into it. On the other hand, if she's stupid enough to believe Sonny....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of which, I heard Alexis thank Carly for saving her life. Did I miss Carly thanking her for the same? Because if Alexis hadn't showed up, Carly would totally have been a goner.

I'm pretty sure she did tell Alexis that she also saved her life.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Did I miss Carly thanking her for the same?

Carly shockingly thanked her twice, once yesterday after Harmony ran into the woods and today at the hospital

5 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Do I need to watch today or should I just delete?  (Blue Jays afternoon game is taking precedence )

Sasha hits Harmony with car.  Papparazi takes pictures.  Sasha loses her shit and Gladys comforts her.

Carly and Alexis at hospital.  Alexis updates Sam, carly updates Jordan.  Both are shocked when Harmony is brought in.  Millow are called and show up and Willow's all WTF but no one's told her the thruth yet.  Sasha and Gladys get to hospital as Harmony is wheeled into surgery.  Sasha worried what Willow will think that badly of her since she hit her mom.

Stuff with Curtis/Portia re Hat man leaving town and how Curtis got the police file.

Stuff with Laura walking in on Esme getting close to Nik and shutting it down.  Laura sends Esme away than tells Nik to smarten up and kick her out.

Spencer and Trina: more of the same.  Esme shows up

That was pretty much the gist of it.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 1

I wish they'd stop having these fake-outs with Trina alone at the gallery. Lock the door and make people use the buzzer. Especially since it's supposed to be evening. Gah. 

Color me surprised Sam wasn't more smug about Harmony attacking Alexis. 

What on earth do Sonny's "changes" have to do with Wiley? Is Michael limiting their contact? WILEY IS THREE YEARS OLD. He has no idea what's going on with the adults in his life. For fuck's sake.

TempAlexis is weirdly casual about everything.

Portia and Curtis are so boring. Blahblahblah trust. Wake me up when something interesting happens.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

@statsgirl thank you! I took one look at that manicure today and thought WTF? She’s 18 years old! Those nails must’ve cost at least $50, even in upstate NY.

Who is 18 years old? I thought Ava and Violet were the ones getting manicures.

36 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Who is 18 years old? I thought Ava and Violet were the ones getting manicures

They;re talking about Trina who was hanging out at the gallery with gorgeous fancy nails.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish they'd stop having these fake-outs with Trina alone at the gallery. Lock the door and make people use the buzzer.

At least Rory gave her heck for not locking the door, but he clearly didn't lock it behind him when he left and he was supposed to be outside and yet Esme just strolled right in.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

TempAlexis is weirdly casual about everything.

She;s doing some odd acting choices, which makes me wonder how much she knew about the storyline before she showed up to work.  

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Oh look. 
Carly is keeping quiet about why Harmony is going through all these lengths.  colour me surprised. so surprised. shocked i tell you

So now she’s going to once again keep Nina’s child from her because it works out better for Carly that way. And whenever people find out about it, it will be totes okay because ‘she was just protecting Willow from her psycho mother! And protecting Wiley too.’ It just shows the depth of her love for her family. 🤮

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So now she’s going to once again keep Nina’s child from her because it works out better for Carly that way. And whenever people find out about it, it will be totes okay because ‘she was just protecting Willow from her psycho mother! And protecting Wiley too.’ It just shows the depth of her love for her family. 🤮

Right?  (I mean ultimately this is why i kinda want Michael to know so he lies/hides this from Willow, and blow up that stupid relationship). but i mean. here we are again. Carly actively choosing not to say anything. You can't even claim the trauma whatever because she's sitting there choosing to play "i dunnoo" games with Jordan so Nina doesn't know the truth. (which. i mean. it doesn't matter. Willow being Nina's daughter isn't going to change the fact that Nina does have a legal claim to have visitation anyway) 

its so pathetic. 

• Love 5

Question because I haven't been able to watch complete episodes the past few days,  just bits and pieces: Does Carly know for sure that Nina is Willow's mother? Or just that Harmony is not Willow's mother?

• Love 1

I'll take Trina with new cop over Spencer. She deserves better, whether he's lying to save her or not.

So Carly is going to keep another kid of Nina's from her. She didn't learn the first time. 

Nick is a moron. 

Can't wait for Willow to find out the psycho her mom she thinks deserves to be around Wiley is but Nina can't. 

• Love 9

I'm betting Carly will keep the Nina/Willow connection quiet, Harmony will die before revealing the truth, and all Willow will think is that she's adopted. Then Willow will get sick with leukemia or something and require a transplant. Carly will then have to reveal that she knew the whole time Nina was Willow's mother in a reversal of the Nina/Sonny story.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What on earth do Sonny's "changes" have to do with Wiley? Is Michael limiting their contact? WILEY IS THREE YEARS OLD. He has no idea what's going on with the adults in his life. For fuck's sake.

I think I yelled at my TV when that moron uttered that. 

41 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I'll take Trina with new cop over Spencer. She deserves better, whether he's lying to save her or not.

Meh, I don't see any chemistry with Rory. 

44 minutes ago, Artsda said:

So Carly is going to keep another kid of Nina's from her. She didn't learn the first time. 

Never let it be said Carly ever learns.  And you know her excuse will be she didn't want Willow to get her, when it reality it'll be about Nina having even more of a right to see Wiley.

• Love 7

I think Harmony was put on contract (not that means much in daytime) but I’m thinking she’ll need a transfusion or body part and Willow won’t be a match. Of course, the show had to involve Carly because it can’t help itself. FV must tell all writers that MB and/or LW must be involved in all storylines even it doesn’t make sense. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I think I yelled at my TV when that moron uttered that. 

Never let it be said Carly ever learns.  And you know her excuse will be she didn't want Willow to get her, when it reality it'll be about Nina having even more of a right to see Wiley.

I think Trina could have chem with Rory, and it would probably be pretty good.  But the chem with Spencer is fire.  I think that's really because NC has a kind of magnetism on screen that's not too common in daytime. And a part of it is sexual magnetism, another rare thing on daytime, where a lot of the actors, to me, come across as Ken dolls.  It's hard to believe they even have genitals.  That's why many of them are perfect for Hallmark, where people with genitals need not apply. 

And both actresses who have played Trina, also have a magnetism and charisma that you don't see too often on daytime.  

But either way, Trina is now at the center of a triangle rather than watching one as the odd person out and I love that for her. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't see the chemistry either, but I think the appeal is that Rory comes off as a sweet and genuine guy, whereas Spencer is . . . well you know, Spencer. 

I think throwing him at Trina is a huge mistake and a disservice to a brand new character when everybody knows where this is headed.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Who is 18 years old? I thought Ava and Violet were the ones getting manicures.

Which actually made me check out several actresses manicures, and for a woman who couldn't afford a place to live, and who just fought Carly, ran through the woods and got hit by a speeding car, Harmony's nails were still perfect!

Obviously, she sprung for acrylics. 

Edited by sacrebleu
Typo
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, paisley said:

I don't recall Trina complaining about a lack of funds so why can't she have a nice manicure if she wants?

Trina is 18 and has a paying job. She can get the nails she wants and pay for them whatever amount of money she wants. 

As long as she isn't making and kneading dough, like I've seen some contestants on the Food Network do 🤢

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Trina is 18 and has a paying job. She can get the nails she wants and pay for them whatever amount of money she wants. 

As long as she isn't making and kneading dough, like I've seen some contestants on the Food Network do 🤢

Shie is also living at the dorm so she doesn’t have any major expenses like rent and utilities.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Shie is also living at the dorm so she doesn’t have any major expenses like rent and utilities.

Or maybe her mom (the doctor who can afford the former house of a billionaire) took her out for mother/daughter manicures lol

• Love 6

Rory is a very cute guy and I support any and all AAPI representation on soaps, but he's pretty green acting-wise, and I don't think that's the heat or the story for Trina besides playing the spoiler. That said, TA continues to impress me as she has since Day 1, she remains a superior recast IMO and thank God they let her hair down. She looked incredible in the gallery.

• Love 4