Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I can't get excited over Nina's truth telling because I know nothing will come of it. SheBeast will come out the "winner" as she always does. Big Yawn. What's the point? Just so Laura Wright can be shrill and see how long she can maintain SheBeast's smug arrogance?

I had to laugh every time she accused Nina of "ruining [Mooby's] funeral!" as if it was some kind of party that Nina had crashed, and the funeral, or the graveside service, was essentially over. 

The only one this will affect is Jax. And really, I don't care.

Wow, so General Hospital only has two, three, board members? And my eyes couldn't roll hard enough at the one member who, with a monotone straight face, told Portia that Renault "was framed and exonerated". I mean, the audacity of this show to have....never mind. Money talks, after all. But both members sounded like cult members/stepford wives.

But Lesley! But DAMN, Denise! That hairstyle is just...tragic. But I did love Lesley showing up at Monica's door.

And yeah, Olivia, thy name is hypocritical WENCH, with the approving, indulgent smile she was bestowing on seeing Dante with Sam. When, as @dubbel zout stated above, she treated Lulu as if Lulu was committing adultery when she started seeing Dustin. Forget that it's forced, but with Sam's history as the moll of a mob enforcer, Olivia's okay with that? Oh, wait. I forget, how she's totes okay with Mooby, seeing Dante and Sam doing whatever. 

Speaking of Dante, I really wish Dominic would get a damned haircut. That one thick strand of hair that was hanging down the side of his face was really distracting.

I don't know if it's the isolation that's gotten to me, and I'm overthinking this, but this whole story line of Cyrus wanting to fast track this new drug that is so very effective is making me think this is Hack!Frank's! way of talking about the pandemic and the vaccine for it. And I find it off putting. What with the opioid crisis and that lame story line they tried when Jordan's former comrades were murdered to make it look like they overdosed.

• Love 7

I appreciate Denise Alexander growing the hair dye out but I wish that she would use a temporary colour when she appears on the show. It's very distracting.

15 hours ago, nilyank said:

Nelle had a least a half dozen of people that were in her corner from Zachary to Chase to Carly to Michael to Nina (1st time) to Brad to Ava. And she betrayed each one of them

Carly betrayed Bobbie and now Bobbie is willing to do anything for her, from illegal actions to covering up Carly's crimes. There is nothing that Carly can do that Jason wouldn't forgive. She prevented Michael from attaching to his father, and Sonny murdered Michael's father and Michael forgives both of them and props them endlessly saying how wonderful people they are. Jax tanked his relationship with Nina for her, forgives that Sonny tried to murder him for Carly, and handwaves that Carly is raising his only child in a dangerous environment where Joss has to be guarded by Sonny's thugs because of the choices that she repeatedly makes. When Nelle betrays people, they turn on her and, like Chase, determine to make her pay. Carly betrays people and they turn around and forgive and enable her. That is the difference.

Nina tears herself up that maybe if Nelle had had more love, she might have not turned out the way she did.  That's what the neuropsychiatry research says too, that the only way they've found to combat psychopathic genes is growing up with kindness and empathy. But with Madeleine's psychopath genes and being raised by Frank Benson, Nelle didn't have a chance.

The science is on Nina's side.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She's always felt if SHE says it, if SHE believes it, everyone else must, too. 

I really got that sense from her yesterday, like that's really how LW was playing it.  Almost like if she tells nina often enough how terrible Nelle was, which justifies Carly's actions, then Nina will suddenly see the light and agree that Carly should have let Nelle drop to her death and not tell police where her body could be found.  Carly gets so angry with people who don't see things her way.  

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I appreciate Denise Alexander growing the hair dye out but I wish that she would use a temporary colour when she appears on the show. It's very distracting.

Carly betrayed Bobbie and now Bobbie is willing to do anything for her, from illegal actions to covering up Carly's crimes. There is nothing that Carly can do that Jason wouldn't forgive. She prevented Michael from attaching to his father, and Sonny murdered Michael's father and Michael forgives both of them and props them endlessly saying how wonderful people they are. Jax tanked his relationship with Nina for her, forgives that Sonny tried to murder him for Carly, and handwaves that Carly is raising his only child in a dangerous environment where Joss has to be guarded by Sonny's thugs because of the choices that she repeatedly makes. When Nelle betrays people, they turn on her and, like Chase, determine to make her pay. Carly betrays people and they turn around and forgive and enable her. That is the difference.

Nina tears herself up that maybe if Nelle had had more love, she might have not turned out the way she did.  That's what the neuropsychiatry research says too, that the only way they've found to combat psychopathic genes is growing up with kindness and empathy. But with Madeleine's psychopath genes and being raised by Frank Benson, Nelle didn't have a chance.

The science is on Nina's side.

In addition, I believe that the show has given itself a strong out in the retcon game for Nelle. Nina mentioned that her mother gave her such a strong dose of medicine she was in a coma for 20 years... what did that to do her fetus (Nelle)? It's likely that Nelle never had any tests done on her brain, she may have suffered some psychological brain damage that a good cocktail of drugs can help, and regular therapy sessions. Things that were never done because she was never tested for such things because she was "adopted."

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I hate to play devil's advocate, but didn't Carly find out about Nelle being Nina's daughter after Nelle died? I understand that Nina's mad and it is a better crap thing to not tell Nina as soon as she realized it, but I wish they would give this type of speech to Monica. The worst thing, unfortunately, is that Nina wasn't more involved in the recovery of Nelle's body, but anything else between Nelle and Nina, Carly wasn't responsible. 

This might be coming, but I rather she directed her anger towards Michael since Michael is the one that slept with and then attempted to cut Wiley off from Nelle. As awful as Carly is and as much as people enable her, Carly does get her hands dirty. As Nelle pointed out, Michael has everything done for him without him doing anything.

• Love 1

Where can I get an acting job where I put out binders at a board meeting and then stand there throughout the scene?   I'd even put up with the fugly dress.

Speaking of clothing.   I know Sam was in her funeral clothes, but standing in front of the dark door in the Q living room, she looked like a floating head on my TV screen.  It was quite distracting.   (Poor Dante, getting stuck with her. )

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I hate to play devil's advocate, but didn't Carly find out about Nelle being Nina's daughter after Nelle died? I understand that Nina's mad and it is a better crap thing to not tell Nina as soon as she realized it, but I wish they would give this type of speech to Monica. The worst thing, unfortunately, is that Nina wasn't more involved in the recovery of Nelle's body, but anything else between Nelle and Nina, Carly wasn't responsible. 

This might be coming, but I rather she directed her anger towards Michael since Michael is the one that slept with and then attempted to cut Wiley off from Nelle. As awful as Carly is and as much as people enable her, Carly does get her hands dirty. As Nelle pointed out, Michael has everything done for him without him doing anything.

I feel like those types of arguments never work on Michael because like Nelle said that day, it’s the people in his life that will do the messy stuff. They can always claim that Michael is a good guy. Completely ignoring that a true good person wouldn’t condone this type of behavior in the people close to him or excuse/forgive their bad actions like he always does. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Carly did not see Avery with the necklace until well afte that Nelle died and was buried by Nina.

And Nina can have several seats if she blames Michael for his reasons for trying to keep Nelle away from Wiley.  Nelle framed Carly for pushing her down the stairs. She gleefully planned to kill Michael. She placed a dead baby in Michael's arms and said it was his fault their baby was dead. And then she spent from prison the next year reaching out to Michael by sticking in that knife that their baby was dead because of him.

When Nina starts in on how poor Nelle lost her son and how she knows what that feels likes because her daughter was taken away from her, Michael should coldly point out that he understand. He understands because Nelle did to him what Madeline did to her.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Yeah Monica throwing it out there would be cool. I've been thinking recently - They need to give AJ more kids. He was presumed dead for ages before Sonny murdered him. Why not give him a kid  (or even two) from when he was hiding out - younger than Micheal honestly so it makes sense that their mother (or grandmother) kept quiet for a while because would you want to advertise that AJ had other family in case the murderous greaseball took them all out or something.

Those "medical conferences" that Monica goes to all the time? She's actually visiting her grandchildren. But the youngest one (a girl - thus giving MiniSheBeast an enemy in the future). comes to town and she is demanding to know the truth (from Micheal - aka why did her father risk his life to spend time with someone who doesn't even give a passing moment to? How can you forgive AJ's murderer so easily - even if it is your "parents").  She doesn't really go all Carly/Nelle  - but she's very... caustic/truth bomb telling. Carly decides to "tell the truth" (basically the CarSaSon version) until the daughter brings up the fact that AJ wrote the entire truth (even his not so savoury actions) in a letter, because he knew that Carly would never admit to anything that didn't paint her in a flattering light, and ultimately, AJ was deemed "unfit" because basically he wasn't Sonny and he was an alcoholic. (but the Daughter can prove that AJ was a fantastic father)

And the Son really just goes after Micheal constantly (as does the Daughter) for being basically worthless, and useless as he is because  as far as they see it - AJ sacrificed his life for someone who doesn't even appreciate what he did - especially now knowing that AJ had two kids at home. And AJ only did it because as a father he wanted to be there for Micheal).

That's the most my migrane head can come up with. (and it does give us some more Q's - so i am all for it)

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"A.J.! You pushed me down the stairs!" For years.

*fades back into lurkerdom*

Lol there’s always a moment of hypocrisy for Carly. It never fails

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think that Carly has rewritten her own memories that way. But show, YouTube is forever - if Carly doesn't want to fall down stairs, then she shouldn't be having arguments with her ex on them. (Aj tried to catch her from falling).

• Love 4
Just now, Ambrosefolly said:

I think that Carly has rewritten her own memories that way. But show, YouTube is forever - if Carly doesn't want to fall down stairs, then she shouldn't be having arguments with her ex on them. (Aj tried to catch her from falling).

I actually seem to remember from way back then, that after it happened, she said straight up that it was mostly her fault.  It was stupid of her to "mix it up" with AJ on the stairs.  But, yes, she may have rewritten history in her head. Lots of people do.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Joss to CarJax after being told what happened on the cliff:  "So, you lied to the police.  You made the right call"

Shut up Carly Junior.  Jax, you should be ashamed of who your daughter has become.  

guh.  and the thing is Carly Junior is 18 so it's not like Jax can take her from her she beast-y mother and deprogramme her. it's too late.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Joss to CarJax after being told what happened on the cliff:  "So, you lied to the police.  You made the right call"

Shut up Carly Junior.  Jax, you should be ashamed of who your daughter has become.  

Fucking shameless. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

guh.  and the thing is Carly Junior is 18 so it's not like Jax can take her from her she beast-y mother and deprogramme her. it's too late.

Could he anyway? To me, Jax is beyond hope as well. It was his idea to lie in the first place. At one point, he used to make Carly more tolerable but now he’s just her lapdog and enables her bad behavior so I don’t see him as a better role model for Josslyn. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

If Jax were killed off it would be a mercy killing at this point. He's not even sleeping with Carly and he's doing everything for her.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If Jax were killed off it would be a mercy killing at this point. He's not even sleeping with Carly and he's doing everything for her.

Carly cooties will will eat anyone's brain, even someone who never slept with her. 

Look how apologetic Jordan was for having to drag her ass to Carly's to ask her if she lied. PC should have a special vaccine against Carly cooties.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Haven't watched yet but I read that Jason shoots Brando without warning. If Brando continues to work with him after this he is an idiot. Brando now has to suffer real consequences for stuff that doesn't really involve him. Survives a war just to be shot by a thug in a plot against another thug.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

And this is the family that is supposed to be the moral compass of the show. She really is Shebeast Jr

They really turned Jax into nothing more than an appendage to Carly with no thoughts of his own beside "protect Carly."

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Could he anyway? To me, Jax is beyond hope as well. It was his idea to lie in the first place. At one point, he used to make Carly more tolerable but now he’s just her lapdog and enables her bad behavior so I don’t see him as a better role model for Josslyn. 

Yeah, true. 
we need someone to kidnap and reprogramme Jax as well. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

Haven't watched yet but I read that Jason shoots Brando without warning. If Brando continues to work with him after this he is an idiot. Brando now has to suffer real consequences for stuff that doesn't really involve him. Survives a war just to be shot by a thug in a plot against another thug.

And this is the family that is supposed to be the moral compass of the show. She really is Shebeast Jr

They really turned Jax into nothing more than an appendage to Carly with no thoughts of his own beside "protect Carly."

I don’t think the current writers really know Jax. IR was fired not long after FV took over and his brief returns were all centered around Carly. They brought him back to prop Carly and to be a love interest for Nina since they were splitting her and Val up. They've stripped all of this ties. He’s never seen with any friends, barely with his own daughter, and they only showed or referenced him “working” with Nina. They even neutered his feud with Sonny since he can’t speak out against the life that Carly is subjecting his daughter to anymore. 

• Love 4

Lenny has a cheap cash box in 2021? He deserves to get robbed. I can't believe fingerprinting Sonny is such a big deal. FFS. Doesn't anyone want to know who he is? It's so astoundingly stupid.

"I got my eyes on you." I'm legit surprised the cop didn't make the finger sign for that. 

Britt, thumb drives are your friends!

Color me shocked that Portia took Curtis to a secluded room to talk to him.

The Port Charles Grill is a different restaurant from the one in the MetroCourt, right? The Grill set kind of looks like a cave, and not in a good way. More gray.

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And it's for another stupid lie that didn't need to happen.

1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

He’s never seen with any friends

He rudely pushed Alexis away when she could have used one just because she was drunk. Jax doesn't deserve friends right now.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The Port Charles Grill is a different restaurant from the one in the MetroCourt, right? The Grill set kind of looks like a cave, and not in a good way. More gray.

Okay they reintroduce the PC Grill after all the years. Didn't it used to be in the Port Charles Hotel prior to big fire and the reconstuction into the Metrocourt?

I think they brought it back because they wanted an eating establishment where the Corinthii don't own it. Notice it was Val and Nina scheming against Carly. Martin, Jackie and then later Cyrus who discussing plans to find Florence who is being held by the Corinthii

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

When Nina starts in on how poor Nelle lost her son and how she knows what that feels likes because her daughter was taken away from her, Michael should coldly point out that he understand. He understands because Nelle did to him what Madeline did to her.

No doubt that Nelle wasn't right in the head and is a felon, but Michael didn't have to egg her on so close to her delivery date.  The first priority should have been the safety of the newborn.  Michael knew that Nelle was trying to kill him but he didn't need to be near her.  He could have let Chase handle it and stayed away.

2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Weren't Carly and Nelle going at it before the cliff scene?  Either one could have killed the other one.  It could have been dramatic but since Carly always wins - it wasn't.  Hypocrisy is a major part of that character.  Shouldn't she have been home being the awesome mother that she is - protecting Donna, Avery, and Joss?

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It can look like a cave as much as it wants as long as these schmucks aren't giving their money to Carly and the MetroCourt.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I hate everything about the current MC set so I don’t think it takes much for me to prefer this PC Grille one. It’s a lot of gray but almost every set is. Is it a repurposed set? Either way, they needed a new fancier restaurant so I appreciate it. Also, with Carly and Olivia living at Greystone and the Q mansion, 2 home sets that are used pretty often and that get a lot of traffic, there isn’t as big a need to feature the MC as much as before. We hardly see either of them there. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't believe fingerprinting Sonny is such a big deal. FFS. Doesn't anyone want to know who he is? It's so astoundingly stupid.

Jesus Christ, Phyllis getting a teary at the notion, Lenny getting enraged...way to totally ruin two characters in record time, writers.

"Alright, I'll stay.  I'd like to think I'm needed here." - I see Sonny's still an arrogant ass even when he can't remember who he is.

Hey, don't know if anyone remembers, but it's just hours after Sonny's funeral and people are daring to not bow down to Carly. 

"You come here HOURS after Sonny's funeral."

"Nina made these allegations as we were laying flowers on Sonny's grave."

Shut up, Carly.  And congratulations on raising a future she-beast.  You must be so proud.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Jesus Christ, Phyllis getting a teary at the notion, Lenny getting enraged...way to totally ruin two characters in record time, writers.

"Alright, I'll stay.  I'd like to think I'm needed here." - I see Sonny's still an arrogant ass even when he can't remember who he is.

I wonder if MB said that line at the right time. After he said it, I wondered who was asking him to stay. Phyllis had just said he should go.

On a shallow note, MEK has great hair. He looks so handsome with the grey color. 🤭 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

They blew up the Floating Rib. Gotta have another place in Port Charles to hang out other than Kelly's.

I'm betting that Jason shot either to only scare Brando or to wing him to show Cyrus that he's faithful. No way St. Jaysus kills an "innocent" man.

MB does the weirdest pauses in his speeches.  And I wonder if they are going to leave him greying or if his hair will magically return to black when he gets home.

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I would be horrified if my child so casually accepted lying to the cops. Jax really have been destroyed. Interestingly LW played it like Carly was expecting Joss to condemn her. No Carly, you've thoroughly indoctrinated her.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Lenny has a cheap cash box in 2021? He deserves to get robbed. I can't believe fingerprinting Sonny is such a big deal. FFS. Doesn't anyone want to know who he is? It's so astoundingly stupid.

People still pay cash at Lenny's bar?  It must be the 60;s.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

People still pay cash at Lenny's bar?  It must be the 60;s.

That would explain how no one seems to have Internet and seen stories about the "biggest crime boss on the Eastern seaboard (Diane storms in: ALLEGEDLY!)" being dead. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Good thing I didn’t post how stupidly Officer Finchley snuck that mug that had Mooby’s fingerprints. I recall thinking that the way he pushed and shoved it into his bag and not in a plastic bag, he just smudged it and it wouldn’t provide any usable prints. 

But, it was done on purpose so he could look stupid when he said the results were inconclusive. But Lenny and Phyllis railing at him is just mind numbingly stupid. Fingerprints is the best way to find out who he is, aside from DNA. But according to Phyllis, Mooby just needs to wait for the lithium to build up in his blood and then his memory will return all on its own!🙄🙄🙄🙄

No surprise at MiniSheBeast’s reaction at being told that her parents lied to the police. Look how she was raised and who Mooby is.

And I know Nelle was a batshit psycho, and with the retcon, but it’s because of Nelle that MiniSheBeast is BREATHING.

Port Charles really needs a police Commissioner who won’t genuflect before Mooby, SheBeast and Jaysus, and not apologize for doing their job. Jordan is already tainted. I say reinstate MAC.

It’s weird that the Valentine’s Day episode is airing a week late. But those hearings, so here we are.

So Britt is dying. How original.🙄🙄🙄

• Love 4

I dunno if it was just bad dialogue, but it kinda seemed like this was the first time Britt is seeking another doctor's help with the tremor.  Granted, she's a doctor herself and might have already worked out what's going on, but still, that doesn't seem to jive with all the "I don't have much time left!" anvils if she hasn't even sought an official diagnosis yet.

And Britt, a doctor at Mercy?  Why not just chop off your hand, that's what those butchers over there would do!

Finally, I did appreciate that, even in this moment of crisis, Britt told Jason to fuck off trying to give her orders like she's some Spinelli.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

MB does the weirdest pauses in his speeches.  And I wonder if they are going to leave him greying or if his hair will magically return to black when he gets home.

I was thinking today that letting him stay gray after he gets his memory back and returns to Port Charles would be an easy way of also letting him slip into the role of elder statesman while moving him away from the front burner. But I have a feeling that probably won't happen. 

Phyllis and Lenny left the amnesiac stranger with unregulated bipolar disorder to watch their bar?  Phyllis makes it from Port Charles back to the bar, yet needs Lenny to take her and her tiny suitcase home?  And why are out-of-town cops on this show as bright and sophisticated as the ones on the Dukes of Hazard?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I, for one, hope that Joss is actively transforming into a sociopath so amoral and remorseless that she alarms even Carly.  It would be good karma for her role models and, frankly, it’s the only thing that would make her semi-interesting at this point.

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"I got my eyes on you." I'm legit surprised the cop didn't make the finger sign for that. 

Britt, thumb drives are your friends!

And why has Sonny never been fingerprinted before? Wouldn’t that be an excellent way to try and identify an amnesiac? So it’s not just PC, apparently the cops are stupid all over the east coast.

And Britt! You have incriminating evidence against someone you’re trying to bring down, so you leave it on a network he has access to? And leave your backup(s!) on the same network? What the hell. Your supervillain parents would be very disappointed in you.

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

How long has Sonny been gone? Because that’s a lot of gray poking through in a very short time. MB really should stick with the salt-and-pepper, though. The shoe polish black look doesn’t do him any favors. 

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno if it was just bad dialogue, but it kinda seemed like this was the first time Britt is seeking another doctor's help with the tremor.  Granted, she's a doctor herself and might have already worked out what's going on, but still, that doesn't seem to jive with all the "I don't have much time left!" anvils if she hasn't even sought an official diagnosis yet.

Doesn’t she already know she has Huntington’s Disease, because her father had it? And granted, the prognosis is not great, but it doesn’t mean a quick death. It more commonly means an onset of dementia, which, given the alternative of a relationship with Jason, might be a welcome escape.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, rur said:

I was thinking today that letting him stay gray after he gets his memory back and returns to Port Charles would be an easy way of also letting him slip into the role of elder statesman while moving him away from the front burner. But I have a feeling that probably won't happen. 

I thought Mo keeping hid hair dark may have been an ego thing, but it doesn't seem like it with this storyline, so I guess this is the show trying to keep Sonny forever "young."

They can say that hard life of scrubbing tables turned Sonny's hair grey.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Doesn’t she [Britt] already know she has Huntington’s Disease, because her father had it?

We heard briefly on-screen a year or so ago that Britt tested negative.  It was one line of dialogue that could easily be retconned away, but for now, that's what the show has officially told us.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why does this matter? If it makes everyone feel better to bury an empty casket, where's the harm? It happens plenty of times IRL. Some people need the ritual. 

Because Carly acted like Nina was desecrating sacred ground, when she has zero proof that Sonny is even deceased.

20 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I really got that sense from her yesterday, like that's really how LW was playing it.  Almost like if she tells nina often enough how terrible Nelle was, which justifies Carly's actions, then Nina will suddenly see the light and agree that Carly should have let Nelle drop to her death and not tell police where her body could be found.  Carly gets so angry with people who don't see things her way.  

I agree. LW plays Carly as if Carly's perspective is the only narrative that matters/is accurate, and she will take the head off anyone who contradicts her (whether she's talking about Nelle, AJ, Ava, etc.)  She wants Nina to believe that Nelle was a worthless waste of space so she will shut up, go away and stop being an inconvenience she has to deal with while "mourning Sonny."

The most recent scenes just show yet again how selfish and self-involved Carly is to the core.  Nina is mourning the life she didn't get to have with her daughter, is consumed with despair at how Nelle grew up and hurt people and then died, is feeling guilty that she testified against Nelle at the Wiley custody hearing, and is understandably angry that Carly thinks what she says about Nelle is all that matters. Nina lost 20 years of her life and her child because of her mother's actions, is not happily married, and her only sibling/cousin was murdered by her Aunt Leisl's lover/partner in psychotic behavior.

Carly has adoring kids plus the support of Sonny's other kids, her mother and brother as well as Jason, ex-husband Jax and other enablers to kiss her ass. The only reason she's not happily married/ "a widow" right now is because dumbass Sonny decided he had to chase down/corner bleeding-to-death Julian in an off-limits construction zone. Yet she wants to dig into/tear down Nina due to feelings of entitlement and rage that Nina would dare to confront her/disrupt the moments of "putting flowers on Sonny's grave." So much UGH.

Her "I'm so put upon" attitude with Joss re: Nina says it all.

17 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Weren't Carly and Nelle going at it before the cliff scene?  Either one could have killed the other one.  It could have been dramatic but since Carly always wins - it wasn't.  Hypocrisy is a major part of that character.  Shouldn't she have been home being the awesome mother that she is - protecting Donna, Avery, and Joss?

Yes, they were fighting and Nelle knocked Carly down, then ran off. When Carly found her, she was dangling on the cliff.

12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I know Nelle was a batshit psycho, and with the retcon, but it’s because of Nelle that MiniSheBeast is BREATHING.

Yeah, they're conveniently forgetting that. It was the same with Julian. He willingly donated bone marrow, which saved Danny's life. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Because Carly acted like Nina was desecrating sacred ground, when she has zero proof that Sonny is even deceased.

I agree. LW plays Carly as if Carly's perspective is the only narrative that matters/is accurate, and she will take the head off anyone who contradicts her (whether she's talking about Nelle, AJ, Ava, etc.)  She wants Nina to believe that Nelle was a worthless waste of space so she will shut up, go away and stop being an inconvenience she has to deal with while "mourning Sonny."

The most recent scenes just show yet again how selfish and self-involved Carly is to the core.  Nina is mourning the life she didn't get to have with her daughter, is consumed with despair at how Nelle grew up and hurt people and then died, is feeling guilty that she testified against Nelle at the Wiley custody hearing, and is understandably angry that Carly thinks what she says about Nelle is all that matters. Nina lost 20 years of her life and her child because of her mother's actions, is not happily married, and her only sibling/cousin was murdered by her Aunt Leisl's lover/partner in psychotic behavior.

Carly has adoring kids plus the support of Sonny's other kids, her mother and brother as well as Jason, ex-husband Jax and other enablers to kiss her ass. The only reason she's not happily married/ "a widow" right now is because dumbass Sonny decided he had to chase down/corner bleeding-to-death Julian in an off-limits construction zone. Yet she wants to dig into/tear down Nina due to feelings of entitlement and rage that Nina would dare to confront her/disrupt the moments of "putting flowers on Sonny's grave." So much UGH.

Her "I'm so put upon" attitude with Joss re: Nina says it all.

Yes, they were fighting and Nelle knocked Carly down, then ran off. When Carly found her, she was dangling on the cliff.

Yeah, they're conveniently forgetting that. It was the same with Julian. He willingly donated bone marrow, which saved Danny's life. 

i love this post so much

Honestly, i'm surprised they haven't had Joss reject the kidney simply so nelle is completely purged from their lives. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Once again, this show proving how little interest it has in Lucas slash its LGBTQ characters.  This is all they can come up for Lucas, foisting stupid Felix on him again?  How about, I dunno, A NEW GUY?!?!

But awww at Britt springing Brad from prison for a V-Day hang.

• Love 8

LOL that the PC Grill is suddenly the place to be, not the MetroCourt restaurant.

Sasha's dress is HIDEOUS. Absolutely dreadful. Willow's dress is REALLY short.

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But awww at Britt springing Brad from prison for a V-Day hang.

She does still have a few tricks up her sleeve!

I feel for Franco losing his hair. That's happened to me and it's gross. You think you're prepared for it and then it happens, and you realize it's entirely different from what you expected.

• Love 5

Molly looks older than Kristina now. The actress is aging slowly lol. I know the hospital isn't as romantic as a courthouse but TJ and Molly should have gotten married/committed at the chapel during a break instead of planning it for the absolute last hour. Glad TJ is moving past his anger with his mom.

Of course Lucas thought Felix was coming to pickup the pieces. lol Thats his usual job. Seems he found some self respect. Brita and Brad were cute. Jason gave Brita a flirtatious smirk. Sam weeps.

Curtis is looking more and more like a jerk that only wants to end his marriage so he can move on the Porsha. Papers haven't even been drawn and he is already sniffing up her alley. They were cute, though. But im sure Curtis would just end up bitter that she works doubles at the hospital.

The PCPD could do their job more effectively if everyone wasn't so willing to cover up for the Corinthi affairs. I shot you to save you 😒. I wish Jordan was still standing outside the door and heard Brando. You won't get to the bottom Jordan because then Jason would have to go to jail. Why wouldn't Cyrus be suspicious of a convenient GSW just hours after confronting Brando?

It feels like the show stopped the potential Trina/Cam relationship because Joss would be left out. His line about "just starting" would make more sense about a new girlfriend. Joss: We'll see each other all the time. The Map: I don't think so. Cameron's wallet: Sorry. Cam's Teachers: You have other classes? I still want 10-15hrs of studying a week 😈😈 😄

I thought Ava was going to assume Nik sent the bug. She didn't and it makes me think they are sticking with them, for now. She is pretty calm about it and it made me realize, as far as she knows, she has no active enemies. If not Ryan, it could be Nik's son, but the last time they spoke of him it didn't seem like he still had a problem with this relationship. My fear is that it is Morgan. They have starting saying his name a lot like they are summoning him 😭.

Spoiler

I saw speculation that it could be tumor Franco but I don't know what that was based on.

Do the writers realize Willow is being written somewhere between an airhead and a bitch? She won't tell Michael how she feels but keeps going on dates with Chase only to spend all their time talking about Michael and demon spawn. And Chase is just a dumb love addict. I no longer think Nelle manipulated him. She just said "Hi" and he decided to save her.  Her taste is getting more expensive than his wallet can afford. Michael is still SLS. I don't get why Sasha still wants him. She seems to be the one with the most level head and could tell there was something bwtn Millow. The way her and Brando eye#@&$!@, she doesn't have to waste her time.

But seriously. Willow is getting really comfortable living in the tree house. Why does William need to have a kitchen island? wouldn't she just come to the main house when she wants time with him? 🙄. Wasn't this arrangement because Franco could hurt her 🙄? Dude can barely walk on his own so she can move now. Is she Williams legal parent yet or are they going to drag that out until Nina is done with Carly? Or until Nelle comes back from the dead.

• Love 4