Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think that's part of it the other part is that I can see why Laura wouldn't want Lulu at the hospital with Cyrus having a hold over so many things.

3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It literally has been one night and everyone is ready to send her away. How about letting a few days to pass to see if brain swelling would go down?

Luke mention. Lucky mention. Patrick mention. Griff and Ethan.

There's a much more interesting option door number three (interesting = the show will not go there) that the doctors are saying there is nothing they can do for Lulu so they don't have to see her long-term. If the hospital isn't housing her or the ones responsible for her day-to-day long-term care, they don't have to feel responsible for their inadequate at best, malpractice at worst, medical care in that they didn't do a basic check for internal bleeding or head injuries or head CT on an injured woman knocked out and crushed by debris in a bombing.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Genie has always been able to cry and show grief well. A lot of actresses in daytime are great cryers but Genie Francis has also been able to show grief along with that. I think she deserves an Emmy nod for today’s show alone. Now, on a shallow note I’ve been saying that her hair has been looking too dark and drab looking since she returned. Then when came out on the 10th floor and was greeted by everyone that her hair was blonder and styled. I’m assuming it was shot on another day because it looked so different. I think she just looked so pretty even while crying. So I’m guessing they are sending LuLu off to rehab. I still think it’s weird that they are writing Emme Rylan off after all theses years. Even though she annoyed me I can think of a lot of the newbies they could have canned before cutting Rylan loose. People get fired all the time but hers is just weird to me. Now, with Dante...is he ushering her off screen and returning or is he gone permanently, too? What about the stupid “complete the mission” crap? I’ll be tuning in again to see it play out. It’s great seeing Jane Elliott. I’m still surprised that FV has been able to coaxed to returning for these visits. When she said she was done. I really believed it. I’m looking forward to Tracey stirring up trouble for Ned and Olivia and Alexis. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

It literally has been one night and everyone is ready to send her away. How about letting a few days to pass to see if brain swelling would go down?

It's a far cry from when Dylan Cash Michael was in a coma. Then, we got the whole story of Carly trying to will him into waking up, while everyone else tiptoed around because no one wanted to tell her the outlook wasn't good. I've probably exaggerated in my memory, but it seems like Laura Wright spent weeks asking people, "Don't you think his color looks better today?" (He was exactly as pasty-looking as he'd been for the last seven years.)

But a lot of these story decisions get made based on how long they have the exiting actor and what they want to do with the time.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 11/27/2020 at 8:22 PM, ByaNose said:

All the while, nuLucas reminds me of somebody but I can’t place him. I think it’s a prime time show so it’s harder for me to think who it is. Maybe, if he took his shirt off so I can do an abs check. After all, that’s part of casting, right?

Same here. At first we though it was just a resemblance to Matt Cohen, but maybe Goran Visnjic from ER?

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Luke meniton. Lucky mention. Patrick mention. Griff and Ethan.

And all in the span of one scene! The mention of Lucky, while warranted and necessary, was a total surprise. 

RoHo’s eyes were blinking (along with his Christmas lights) for nearly a whole scene, which we first thought was just a mistake. Nurse Elizabeth wasn’t observant enough to notice that, and was surprised he was awake?

Full credit to this board and GH for my knowing Bolivia is one of two landlocked South American countries - from tonight’s Jeopardy.

And, of course: TRACY!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, nilyank said:

Lucky mention. 

It was strange to me, though, that Nikolas suggested Elizabeth could find/call Lucky - instead of asking Laura if she wanted him by her side while she called Lucky. The last time Lucky was "on the phone' with someone on-screen, it was Laura, during the psychic story arc last year. Elizabeth is worrying over her injured husband and son; the Show has made it very clear that the only connection Lucky and Elizabeth have now is Aiden when/if arrangements are being made for him to visit Lucky.  Laura obviously has Lucky's phone number, and as both his and Lulu's mother, should be the one to call and say "Get back to Port Charles ASAP, your family needs you."

15 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Then, we got the whole story of Carly trying to will him into waking up, while everyone else tiptoed around because no one wanted to tell her the outlook wasn't good.

Sam was around for that, so for her to suddenly be highly aware of the danger to her children is very absurd. She and Jason were broken up when Michael got shot in the head because he was with Sonny, but she certainly knew it happened and felt bad for Jason. She was also around Jakeson/Drew, Sonny and Carly when Morgan was killed by the Mob car bomb meant for Julian. Wasn't she with Jason, or at least around him, the various times little Michael and Morgan were sent to Puerto Rico for their safety? Knowing Josslyn "rolls with it" should not be news to her.

When she said she "almost lost Jason and Danny last night," I thought no, you almost lost Danny because he is Jason's son. It should also bother her how Jason appears to show zero sadness/guilt that Lulu (whom he's known for decades) and young Dev were severely injured and killed by a bomb meant to kill him. All he cares about is taking down Cyrus and Julian. I'm not exactly surprised since he didn't show much guilt when his own sister Emily was killed as revenge on him, but it still disgusts me.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 10

Figures that the one time we see Charlotte in weeks is when she is running to Nina about Lulu. Figures that Nina was in the room when Charlotte saw Lulu. It's not like that would be more appropriate for Laura, Charlotte's grandmother, to be there with her granddaughter. 

And Valentin can stuff it with all of his garbage about pretending to care about Lulu and hating to see her like this, he's treated Lulu like garbage for years and has worked to get Lulu out of Charlotte's life from the day Lulu found out about her. Just last week he wanted to get Nina legal rights to Charlotte when Lulu was very much alive and in the picture. Who the hell allowed Valentin to go into Lulu's hospital room ALONE and what was to stop him from doing something to her medical equipment while he was in there?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Hey,  MB! If you want to know how to effectively deliver a line while whispering, take a look at what Genie did today. In the meantime, maybe cut back on whispering your dialogue.

• Love 9

Every time the show tries to make Sonny into a paragon of justice and virtue, angels drop dead, earthquakes and tsunamis happen, wars erupt. Please stop, show. 

Well I did not see the twist with Cyrus and ambulance chaser Martin coming. I didn't even remember his last name was Grey. The whole time he was staring at Cyrus, I thought he was seeing an opportunity to hook another client after Valentin fired him. So color me shocked by Cyrus and Martin knowing one another. I'm assuming they're brothers and that the Grey person in question is their mommy.

Nice piece of acting by Jeff Kober today. His whole demeanor about Lulu being hurt than his reaction to being slapped by Laura and his reply after she threatened him were really great. Hey, MB, maybe you look at this guy's acting, or something, 'cuz you suck.

If they are thinking about recasting roles, then Charlotte should be at the top of that list. Did Nina really have to be there for this? We get it, Charlotte loves Nina more than she loves Lulu. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nice piece of acting by Jeff Kober today. His whole demeanor about Lulu being hurt than his reaction to being slapped by Laura and his reply after she threatened him were really great.

Thanks for answering my question that I was going to ask, but now I don't need to, because you stated that it was Cyrus Laura slapped! I couldn't tell from the previews who it could be.

Lulu's Christmas light headcap will never not be funny. They sell those lights at my local hardware store although you have to attach them to the cap yourself.

Now we know where Lucas was during all that time he was offscreen -- he was becoming an "excellent neurosurgeon". I guess someone else is going to have to be the hospital's ER doc.

Great scenes between Ava and Julian. Good soap. Kudos to both actors and writers.

Sonny "let pass" that Julian held a knife to Alexis' throat but this is too much. Sonny Corinthos, judge, jury and executioner. The more the show tries to show how tough he is, the more he looks like a fading matinee actor.

Thank you show for letting Sonny keep Julian alive.  Is Julian going to be on the run with Nelle now?

Why are there torches burning in the sconces outside Wyndermere?  Did Nikolas forget to put in electric lighting?

The Curtis actor doesn't actually speak Spanish, does he?

13 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

Same here. At first we though it was just a resemblance to Matt Cohen, but maybe Goran Visnjic from ER?

Yes! He's not as tall, but the same kind of dark hair and sharp features.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Figures that Nina was in the room when Charlotte saw Lulu. It's not like that would be more appropriate for Laura, Charlotte's grandmother, to be there with her granddaughter. 

I am appalled that Nina, Charlotte's ex-stepmother, was in the episode while Lulu's Aunt Bobbie, is neither there nor acknowledged in any way. This reminds me of when Elizabeth and Lucky were dealing with little Jake's "death." Bobbie was nowhere to be found despite the fact she's a Spencer who has been an active presence in Lulu's life from birth. Yet she's used where she's not necessary or inappropriate, like the Nelle drama or the 'special' Suffrage episode. I think Elizabeth and Cam should have been there as well (Cam is of the age to say "I'll look after Rocco") but Bobbie is an essential family member.

Genie Francis absolutely deserves an Emmy for the 11/30 and 12/1 episodes. She broke my heart. Maxie's goodbye to Lulu was heartbreaking as well. I was moved by Tracy's tears, but her lines about Luke fell flat to me. Sure Tracy, Luke adores his daughter so much that he has not made an effort to contact her in years and can't be reached when he is needed most.

I'm confused as to why Charlotte is telling Lulu she'll look after/take care of Rocco, like he's a toddler who can't possibly understand why Mommy is gone. Aren't Charlotte and Rocco almost the same age??

I find it hilarious that the two nitwits distracting Ava is why Julian got away.  I couldn't tell what he landed on - shrubs? A patch of grass?  Isn't that the exact same spot where Valentin threw Ava over on New Year's Eve? I thought there's nothing but water down there to fall in to? 

The only positive thing I can say about the Jordan/Curtis scenes is that the Curtis actor pronounces Spanish quite well.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I am appalled that Nina, Charlotte's ex-stepmother, was in the episode while Lulu's Aunt Bobbie, is neither there nor acknowledged in any way. This reminds me of when Elizabeth and Lucky were dealing with little Jake's "death", and Bobbie was nowhere to be found despite the fact she's a Spencer who has been an active presence in Lulu's life from birth. 

Yeah, but she's FULL ON Corinthii cheer leader now. More often than not, you'll see her when her precious SheBeast of a spawn is going through a crisis.

I mean, how much was she there for Lucas, her own child, when Lucas gave up Wiley?

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I mean, how much was she there for Lucas, her own child, when Lucas gave up Wiley?

She was at least mentioned. Right after he gave up Wiley, Carly had a scene where she told Sonny something like, "My mom said Lucas just wants to be left alone." There's at least the suggestion that Bobbie was worried and maybe tried to be there for Lucas.  We've also heard references to Bobbie in the past, like Elizabeth on the phone saying "Thanks Bobbie, for taking the boys."

All that was needed is a line like, "Bobbie was here last night. She is babysitting Rocco; since she's a nurse with so much experience we thought it would be best for her to explain why Lulu isn't coming home, in a way he can understand."

• Love 4
On 11/30/2020 at 12:23 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

WOW - a mostly awesome episode. (Sonny and Jason being thugs and Sonny's weird repeated tapping on the waiter's head is why I say mostly. Even Sasha didn't really bug me.)  

LOVED Alexis dropping truth bombs on Carly and especially Sam, and Sam's scowl, and Carly's WTF?? wide-eyed reaction made me actually clap and laugh out loud.

I was genuinely shocked at Julian getting snide toward Ava and bringing up how she shot Connie!

Some of you called it that Sam now is thinking of Danny and Scout's lives and the reality of the danger for them which wasn't an issue when "I became a mother."

Robert threatening Ned and later wanting to support/comfort Laura was great!

GF rules!! Laura's tears of gratitude made me cry. LOVED seeing Monica, Laura and Alexis together ... and then TRACY!!!

Sonny and Jason were awesome in that episode loved seeing them do work!

• LOL 1
On 11/30/2020 at 12:57 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Yeah, but we're not allowed to remember that Drew existed. Drew was a fever dream. We're not supposed to remember that he was a better man than Jason ever was or that he was a better father than Jason ever can be or ever will be or that Drew was present for his wife, his children, his mother and his friends who mostly turned on him the moment he wasn't Jason. We're supposed to forget that Drew left the mob for his wife's sake because she came to the point where she couldn't handle it anymore. We're supposed to forget that he chose his family over violence and wanted better.

They made Sam reject all of that for Jason. Remember when Jason was walking around like a wounded puppy because he didn't want to interfere with Sam's life. Now he behaves like he is annoyed with her and wants to be anywhere she isn't. 

This newfound awareness is going to go nowhere because Sam is interacting with Carly and not some sane person.

The writing on this show has a way of pissing me off like nothing else.

Drew was never really in the mob and Drew and Sam didn't make sense because their relationship started from a lie because he was believed to be Jason. Even when Drew was Jake he and Sam never had any feelings towards each other it was only when he was revealed to be Jason that all of a sudden they were in love.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rur said:

take a look at what Genie did today

Genie has been rocking it for two days but today, with Cyrus was all kinds of fantastic.  First with the smack across the face, then when she leaned in to angrily tell him that when she finds out he set the bomb she was going to end him.  Eeeeeeeh!  Do not mess with a woman's child.  

56 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I couldn't tell what he landed on - shrubs?

We heard the splash of the water.  I think he fell in then was swept downstream and ended up on some riverbank somewhere (on the Pennsylvania side of the river!!!!!!!!!!!!)

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I keep forgetting this forum is here but I've been tuning into GH lately and I'm finding myself enjoying this show compared to Days and I never thought I would say that either. I mean the trinity of suck is still there but they seem to at least be writing more for the other characters on this show which has made it far more watchable than I thought.

I also was touched by the Laura/Monica/Tracy/Alexis moment as Laura has history with all these women in different ways.

Monica was like a second mother to her.

Tracy was like a second mother to Lulu

Alexis is tied to Laura through Nikolas. 

I did wish Tyler Christopher was Nikolas again but he has bigger problems to deal with.

Sonny/Jason weren't needed in this episode(or any episode tbh)

They're always needed. Without them the show is nothing.

• LOL 4
55 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The only positive thing I can say about the Jordan/Curtis scenes is that the Curtis actor pronounces Spanish quite well.

Yeah, he may have pronounced it phonetically correct, he sounded unnatural and awkward. Jordan sounded better when she spoke those few Spanish words but then we wouldn't have a scene in which Curtis pretended to ream out Jordan for bein competent. If only more people actually did that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course it's a dark and stormy night.

Uh, Sonny? You shot your wife in the head while she was giving birth. You've shot people point-blank. You're not Julian's moral superior. GAH.

He was trying to shoot Lorenzo because he thought he was torturing Carly and the bullet went through him and hit Carly people act like he shot her on purpose.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, gp1999 said:

The show actually had rather terrific moments within good storylines, especially involving the hospital and the Q Family, before those two became a "team." GH had a solid fan base well before MB was ever cast as mobster Sonny Corinthos.  I'm old enough to remember when 11-year-old JJ as Lucky came to Port Charles, followed by L&L.  Back then, Luke knew what Sonny was. There was even a scene of Laura meeting Sonny, where Sonny said Luke has made it clear I'm not supposed to be around you or your family.  

Jason turned into Stone Cold over time. Back when SB played Jason was in love with Robin, he showed real emotion.   It was after Robin introduced him to Sonny, that he picked up a gun and got comfortable with killing people.  Sonny was happy that Jason was content to take orders from him, and kill people "when necessary." It was convenient for him to have a brain-damaged young man doing whatever he was told. Before meeting Sonny, Jason was not the kind of guy who would corner and punch someone in the stomach without knowing for sure that person was guilty of something serious. 

If the Show was really nothing without them, there would have been minimal viewers and the threat of cancellation, during the years when MB and SB were not on GH. Yet both actors have happily returned, which would seem to indicate they need the Show more than the Show needs them.

• Love 16

Hey, Show, when Luke went off on one his "adventures" in the past, wasn't that retconned as Fluke having taken over? 

Also, so Lucas made the diagnosis, so he has been acting as Lulu's doctor even though she's his cousin?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

And all in the span of one scene! The mention of Lucky, while warranted and necessary, was a total surprise. 

RoHo’s eyes were blinking (along with his Christmas lights) for nearly a whole scene, which we first thought was just a mistake. Nurse Elizabeth wasn’t observant enough to notice that, and was surprised he was awake?

Full credit to this board and GH for my knowing Bolivia is one of two landlocked South American countries - from tonight’s Jeopardy.

And, of course: TRACY!

While I wasn’t thinking of Goran I totally see that more then Matt Cohan. I was a big ER fan so I remember him as Luka but totally forgetting him since then. LOL!!! nuLucas has been on so randomly as it is so I don’t think the show is really going to invest in him. I think they were surprised that Ryan Carnes didn’t want to come back and had to resort to their Rolodex. 

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The show actually had rather terrific moments within good storylines, especially involving the hospital and the Q Family, before those two became a "team." GH had a solid fan base well before MB was ever cast as mobster Sonny Corinthos.  I'm old enough to remember when 11-year-old JJ as Lucky came to Port Charles, followed by L&L.  Back then, Luke knew what Sonny was. There was even a scene of Laura meeting Sonny, where Sonny said Luke has made it clear I'm not supposed to be around you or your family.  

Jason turned into Stone Cold over time. Back when SB played Jason was in love with Robin, he showed real emotion.   It was after Robin introduced him to Sonny, that he picked up a gun and got comfortable with killing people.  Sonny was happy that Jason was content to take orders from him, and kill people "when necessary." It was convenient for him to have a brain-damaged young man doing whatever he was told. Before meeting Sonny, Jason was not the kind of guy who would corner and punch someone in the stomach without knowing for sure that person was guilty of something serious. 

If the Show was really nothing without them, there would have been minimal viewers and the threat of cancellation, during the years when MB and SB were not on GH. Yet both actors have happily returned, which would seem to indicate they need the Show more than the Show needs them.

The mob scene has been around even before Sonny stepped foot in Port Charles and I don't think Robin introduced him to Sonny didn't Sonny meet him outside Jakes or something? And you also have to keep in mind that soaps are a dying genre so these two aren't the reason for the ratings being down and the show almost being cancelled. GH was just lucky not to meet the fate that both OLTL and AMC met.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Now we know where Lucas was during all that time he was offscreen -- he was becoming an "excellent neurosurgeon". I guess someone else is going to have to be the hospital's ER doc.

When Lucas first became a doctor at GH, wasn't he a pediatrician?  It's hard to keep track because the docs at GH change specialties so frequently. 😄

Maxie arranging for Lulu to receive Deception products and her own personal beauty specialist while she was in rehab was superficial but very touching.  Like all of Lulu's loved ones, Maxie feels helpless.  The one thing she can do for her best friend is to help her to maintain her natural glow until Lulu wakes up.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, gp1999 said:

Yet the show managed to exist a good 30 years without either of them so... 

Some of us have watched this show for decades..

I don't expect this GH lovefest I have to last much longer because these two will always be a focal point... 

I do think that Luke, Lucky, Scotty, and Elizabeth should've been there... Luke may have not been an option but Lucky, Scotty and Elizabeth could've been done.. Course god forbid Elizabeth have an existence that doesn't involve her sucky husband.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

When Lucas first became a doctor at GH, wasn't he a pediatrician?  It's hard to keep track because the docs at GH change specialties so frequently. 😄

I thought it was Emergency/Trauma Surgeon (like Owen on Grey's Anatomy for those who have watched that show). However if the show wants to change that so that Lucas could be a neurosurgeon like his father, I am 100% fine with that retcon. It could be that when Lucas came back as a doctor on GH, they already had one neurosurgeon on staff (Patrick) and then later Griff that they had to give him another specialty.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Not only was the show successful pre Sonny/Jason, what it did in the late 70s/early 80s changed soaps forever with Luke and Laura being on par with Susan Lucci's Erica Kane in legend status, and Jason was only a child and Sonny wasn't created. If the show gets cancelled because they finally decided to jettison Sonny/Jason, it is because TIIC failed to build up the cast in a meaningful way. JFP and FV were/are either to lazy or scared to move away from the mob.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

We heard the splash of the water.  I think he fell in then was swept downstream and ended up on some riverbank somewhere (on the Pennsylvania side of the river!!!!!!!!!!!!)

...if the idiots-in-charge go that way...I'm suing ABC on behalf the of the Commonwealth of PA...

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, gp1999 said:

He was trying to shoot Lorenzo because he thought he was torturing Carly and the bullet went through him and hit Carly people act like he shot her on purpose.

So he sees Carly in the classic delivery position and thinks she's being tortured, and he's fine with firing a gun at someone who's inches away from his pregnant wife -- no "Back away from her," nothing. The scene made him look awful no matter how we slice it, and the writing for Sonny in the weeks following did even more damage. He told Alcazar it was his fault because the bullet went through him, and when Carly had psychological changes (from his shooting her in the head), he made it all about him. We also had Jason yelling at Carly, "How much is Sonny supposed to take?"

• Love 14

Second day in a row where Genie/Laura, and also Jane/Tracy had me bawling.

Genie was absofuckinglutely AWESOME with that slap, eyes expressing rage and grief. Just...*Chef's Kiss*

And Kober was also very, very good. If I didn't already know that Cyrus was the EVUHL, and that he was behind the bombing, he did a very good job of conveying his good wishes. I mean he was trembling and I could have sworn there were tears in his eyes. Which, doesn't make sense, considering he was well aware that there would be a number of casualties. And more importantly, he was behind it all.

And the way Laura broke down...no sound...silent...then breaking down again in Kevin's arms. I know this is unpopular, but if Geary could have been there, it would have been icing on the cake. Those two always shone in emotional scenes together.

Oh! Oh! and that flashback! To remind us how Baby Lulu was the most adorbs of bebes with dark hair!

So someone tell me why Laura couldn't go with Lulu to see her safely settled at the facility? That she had to say good bye at the elevators?

The Hypocritical and Ridonkulous:

For Cyrus, Mooby needs HARD PROOF to take any kind of retaliatory action, but with Julian, the flimsiest of excuses will do. Yeahsurefine. Just proves Mooby is afraid of Cyrus.

8 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

True dat. Didn't Sonny gain his "territory" when Luke killed Frank Smith?

I don't know about that, but Frank Smith and his ilk were always background and didn't eat up the show; nor were they treated like the saviors or "heroes" of the show. The heroes, during the beginning of this soap until roughly mid-90s were the doctors and the cops!

So no, this show does not NEED the likes of Mooby and Jaysus.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7

It was only with Sonny and Jason that black became white and the mob became the "heroes" of the show.

3 hours ago, gp1999 said:

Drew was never really in the mob and Drew and Sam didn't make sense because their relationship started from a lie because he was believed to be Jason. Even when Drew was Jake he and Sam never had any feelings towards each other it was only when he was revealed to be Jason that all of a sudden they were in love.

Further evidence that Sam was in love with the idea of Jason rather than Jason himself.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

GH is lucky that Nelle fired Martin, because he could have brought a lawsuit against GH for her estate.

That would have been fun. But who would she have left her estate to? Wylie? Then Michael would just get control of it. I'd like to see it have gone to Brad for a great lawyer.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Conflict of interest doesn't exist in PC unless it's a plot point.

Amen. Same around the hospital with privacy and HIPAA, though Portia seems to consistently believe in both.

I forgot this from a week+ ago but caught Cyrus/JK pronouncing “out and about” in a decidedly Canadian way in a scene with Julian/WdV, perhaps a cheeky nod to his costar’s background. I’m not particularly a fan of the character, but Jeff Kober brings it in his scenes. 

• Love 6

So they changed direction last we saw Martin. He was hesitant and trying to dissaude Valentin for another custody fight with Lulu. Today, he was pushing Valentin to go for full custody while Laura was distracted with Lulu's situation. Prompting Valentin to fire Martin.

And then we see that there is some connection between him and Cyrus.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Maxie arranging for Lulu to receive Deception products and her own personal beauty specialist while she was in rehab was superficial but very touching.  Like all of Lulu's loved ones, Maxie feels helpless.  The one thing she can do for her best friend is to help her to maintain her natural glow until Lulu wakes up.  

Even though I don't care for Lulu/Maxie being friends I do think that's sweet and totally in character for Maxie. I could see Lucy doing the same thing for Felicia if this happened to her...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Not only was the show successful pre Sonny/Jason, what it did in the late 70s/early 80s changed soaps forever with Luke and Laura being on par with Susan Lucci's Erica Kane in legend status, and Jason was only a child and Sonny wasn't created. If the show gets cancelled because they finally decided to jettison Sonny/Jason, it is because TIIC failed to build up the cast in a meaningful way. JFP and FV were/are either to lazy or scared to move away from the mob.

The mob was around in the 80's too 

The mob has almost always been a part of GH but as others have pointed out, it wasn’t glorified and the mobsters weren’t considered heroes. For me personally, that’s what consistently gives me rage blackouts. Well, that and MB’s awful acting lol!

• Love 14
Just now, Sake614 said:

The mob has almost always been a part of GH but as others have pointed out, it wasn’t glorified and the mobsters weren’t considered heroes. For me personally, that’s what consistently gives me rage blackouts. Well, that and MB’s awful acting lol!

I think he did a good job in his scenes with Mike

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Are they chem testing Maxie with Brando and/or Dante?

I got that feeling a couple weeks ago when Dante first came back and he and Maxie had a sweet conversation, just the two of them, at the Rib. It would be oh so soapy if they leaned on each other what with Dante devastated over Lulu, and Maxie soon to be devastated over Peter, only to find love. ...and of course this is when Lulu wakes up! 

• Love 8