Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E10: Semi-Finals

• Start Topic

Oh James.   When Tom and Erin said the word "tragic" I immediately braced myself that it was about the baby and my heart my sank for him and his wife.  And then with his daughter who was sobbing and she reached out to hug Emma....

Once in a while, there are glimmers of what the show is REALLY about and it recalls the glory years. That entire segment is a reminder that those moments still happen. 

Meanwhile, Ally is getting 10s for what now?  If my sister (who barely watches) can tell she's off beat during a Charleston, there's a big problem. 

Then I start crying that Ally was ready to give up her spot. 

Next week: CHER!  PITBULL!  DALE!  Ehhhh....with James gone, I'll be ok with Kel or Hannah.  Not so much with Ally or Lauren.

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 13

Did that seriously just happen? My mouth is open. 

Lauren and Gleb over James to even be in the bottom is ridiculous. But I knew James was doomed going up against the teachers pet. 

At least Kel is in. 

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 14

I had a feeling it was going to be a shocking elimination.

I just thought it would maybe be Hannah. Not James.

I feel so bad for James. He's having a shitty week so unless he asked to be let go from the show, his elimination is infuriating.

Points to Ally for wanting to save James. I really applaud her for that. She didn't look happy to be saved over James.

Overall, what a bullshit semi-finals.

• Love 24

Well that's just silly. Lauren seems like a sweet girl but....she's clearly getting the Bones votes. James should have won. Emma was so sad. But James looked like he wasn't even there, real life was more important. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Wow. Definitely was not expecting that result, though given James' current circumstances, maybe it's for the best for him. I think even he seems to think that same thing.

And seriously, on that note, Jesus, hugs and love going out to James and his family. I am so, so sorry to hear about their loss. Same sentiment to Kel, too-that second dance of his was just...damn. What a beautiful tribute. I wholeheartedly second his general message, too. 

On a much lighter note, Ally's dances tonight were great, and I really liked Hannah's second one in particular as well. 

This was going to be a very tough cut tonight-the leaderboard alone showed how tight the race was. But a great effort by all involved-congrats to the final four, and I look forward to seeing them all compete in next week's final, then!

• Love 6

Not to be crass about the voting and terrible personal tragedies, but I'm astonished James didn't get the votes to offset being the low scorer tonight. 

But his making bottom two wasn't totally shocking because of those scores. What's shocking is learning that the judges have all this time sincerely thought Ally is the best dancer in the competition. The almighty hell? Kudos to her for wanting James to have it.

• Love 12

WHAT!?!?!? How could the judges pick Ally over James?!??!?  Yes he was understandably off tonight, but he dances circles Around all the others.

I actually cried when James was talking alot what happened.  I feel sorry for hannah having to follow that.  I really like her, but I am tired of her tears every week.  For those of you who keep saying she already “won” her show, you most not have watched.  She got screwed over by her choice, screwed over by her other choice, and REALLY screwed over by the producers.

Lauren second dance was my favorite that she’s done.  Ally’s2 dances has many mistakes and she was off time.  Hannah made a mistake in her second dance and had a hard time hiding her disappointment in herself.

Maybe James not making it was planned because of wasnt happened?  Nah...I can’t see them being that nice.

i liked both of keels dances, kind of hopping he’ll win now.  Either him or hannah.  Can’t stand Gleb, and ally just isn’t there.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

unless he asked to be let go from the show

I thought about that possibility. When Tom alluded to something bad happening that they would get to later my first thought was the baby. I feel for them; at least he can spend more time with his family. Him picking up his daughter and bringing her upstairs with him was sweet.

But the judges unanimously picking Ally over him? Really?

That said, I did enjoy Ally and Sasha's yellow-suit dance (I have no idea what style it was supposed to be, but it was fun).

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

I’m done. Ally staying over James? That is fucking bullshit. 

And HANNAH Being the last one standing that's never Been bottom 2 is FUCKING BULLSHIT!!! Sick of the Production pet who's already won a reality show! She should be gone!! At least Ally wanted to take James's spot

• Love 6

What an absolute bullshit show tonight. How many times are the judges going to save Ally from the bottom 2? Clearly she doesn't have the fan support to go all the way and especially after hearing what James just went through and knowing why he was off tonight. Utter bullshit.

I've been saying it all season and I'll say it again. I don't think the show will be back after this season. They screwed up in too many ways coming off the joke of last season. The judges making the final call, the lack of voting outside the ET/CT zones, the whole Spicer fiasco. I would truly be shocked if the show is back and if it is, I really don't know that I'll be watching it. This show used to be fun enjoyment. Now it's just one huge ball of WTF?

Kel for the win.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, seasons said:

I'm sorry I missed what was the emotional dedication for Kel's second dance? Thanks.

He was paying tribute to a friend of his who, at the age of 16, was killed due to gun violence. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I thought about that possibility. When Tom alluded to something bad happening that they would get to later my first thought was the baby. I feel for them; at least he can spend more time with his family. Him picking up his daughter and bringing her upstairs with him was sweet.

But the judges unanimously picking Ally over him? Really?

That said, I did enjoy Ally and Sasha's yellow-suit dance (I have no idea what style it was supposed to be, but it was fun).

At the very least, they could have made it 2-1, if James WAS the one who asked to be let go. It's hard to believe that he hit the bottom two and was unanimously voted out. I wouldn't even blame him if he HAD. If he had asked the judges to let him go, then I totally understand. He seems to need to be with his family right now and even one more week wouldn't probably help his emotional state, since he'd need to fly back and forth. 

But if he didn't ask, then this just added to a really crappy two days for him.

So I'm going to assume that James talk to the producers and asked if he could leave this week so he can be with his family. It makes me feel better, knowing it's his choice.

If there's a DWTS All Stars 2, James better be their first pick. He deserves another chance. 

• Love 19

I haven’t been an Ally fan this season but I thought it was so sweet when she asked Tom if she could give to her spot to James through her tears.  

I’d almost put in my tin foil hat and think James asked to be removed so he can be home with his wife and family but Emma seemed absolutely gutted so I don’t think that’s the case. 

Good for Hannah rejecting CA’s hug. And that was gross for CA to then get upset for making her upset. It seemed manipulative and I didn’t like it. 

I feel like EVERYONE is dancing super slow even now with this season almost over. I don’t know if that’s a reflection on the pros or if they can’t be in the studio practicing as long this season or what. But it seems like every pro is dragging their partner through the dance and yelling instructions at them as they go. There really hasn’t been a truly memorable dance yet IMO. 

I think I’m pulling for Kel at this point. And it pains me to say that because I’m not a Whitney fan. This season has been lackluster. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Let. Ally. Go. 

So sorry for James and his family. At least now he’ll have time to grieve instead of practicing for the finale. He deserved to win though. 

5 minutes ago, Riplet68 said:

WHAT!?!?!? How could the judges pick Ally over James?!??!?  Yes he was understandably off tonight, but he dances circles Around all the others.

I actually cried when James was talking alot what happened.  I feel sorry for hannah having to follow that.  I really like her, but I am tired of her tears every week.  For those of you who keep saying she already “won” her show, you most not have watched.  She got screwed over by her choice, screwed over by her other choice, and REALLY screwed over by the producers.

Lauren second dance was my favorite that she’s done.  Ally’s2 dances has many mistakes and she was off time.  Hannah made a mistake in her second dance and had a hard time hiding her disappointment in herself.

Maybe James not making it was planned because of wasnt happened?  Nah...I can’t see them being that nice.

i liked both of keels dances, kind of hopping he’ll win now.  Either him or hannah.  Can’t stand Gleb, and ally just isn’t there.

I say she won A Show. Not being picked by The Bachelor then given her own show THEN not going away having to be on DWTS. 

• Love 3

But if James did want to go, why not just...have him make a statement and withdraw, as past contestants have done when circumstances don't permit continuing? No one would fault him. It's far stranger to me to go through a fake bottom two/cut scenario to add pre-finale drama. Especially with all three judges unanimously voting Ally.

• Love 17

yeah, a total bullshit call judges.  Tonight was the night it really hit home that Ally was a whiney twit and Hannah a reality show 15 minuter that won't go away.  Its Kel getting my votes now.  If Ally or Hannah win, if there is another season, I'm out.

• Love 6

Lauren should have been the one to go. I like how even she was confused about being safe. Now we have to sit through a Gleb freestyle. 

I am sad to see James go but I agreed with the judge's decision. I love Ally. I think she has such a big heart and has improved so much from week 1. I am glad she made it to the finale. 

I also love Kel and enjoy watching him but I am confused how his contemporary got a perfect score and Hannah's dance didn't. 

I want either Hannah or Ally to win but I wouldn't be mad if Kel did. I have a feeling it's gonna be Hannah though. 

• Love 5
Just now, lavenderblue said:

But if James did want to go, why not just...have him make a statement and withdraw, as past contestants have done when circumstances don't permit continuing? No one would fault him. It's far stranger to me to go through a fake bottom two/cut scenario to add pre-finale drama. Especially with all three judges unanimously voting Ally.

Well, James even said that he didn't plan on dancing but he was doing it because his wife asked him to. So I just assume that James did it for his wife, not that he actually really wanted to. But it's hard to say if he asked to be let go or if it was just unfortunate circumstances where he happened to get into the bottom 2 and the judges all chose to save Ally over him.

• Love 7
Just now, Uuuugghh said:

Am I the only one who isn’t fooled by the awful “awe shucks” schtick Lauren puts on? She’s the worst and I’d 100000% rather see sweet seeming Ally go forward. Lauren is the worst

LOL what? HANNAH is the worst. Cant take criticism. Rude to Carrie Ann cause she wasnt always kissing her ass etc. Whining and crying to get sympathy. Lauren is Awesome. So because you're not fooled others who like her are fools? 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Blame the people wanting the reality TV show whore to win another goddamm show. Ally wanted to Replace James in going home 

I assume you're talking about Hannah? She bugs.  But ally has bugged me more.  When the judges have given their comments

All season.  She won't shut the hell up.  Tonight was the FIRST night she did.

Edited by mjstrick
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ethelbeavers said:

Lauren should have been the one to go. I like how even she was confused about being safe. Now we have to sit through a Gleb freestyle. 

I am sad to see James go but I agreed with the judge's decision. I love Ally. I think she has such a big heart and has improved so much from week 1. I am glad she made it to the finale. 

I also love Kel and enjoy watching him but I am confused how his contemporary got a perfect score and Hannah's dance didn't. 

I want either Hannah or Ally to win but I wouldn't be mad if Kel did. I have a feeling it's gonna be Hannah though. 

UGH Hannah winning WOULD BE HORRIBLE. She was already given a show. Dont want her winning this. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Sarah Heart said:

I think so, he looked terrible early on, I thought he had the flu or something. Well the something else, was so much worse. My son didn't leave his wife's bedside for two days, so I know what James is going through...

Maybe the injury had to do with it as well.

• Love 2

I am so disgusted that that insipid Hannah is going to the finals instead of James.    If the judges are pinning their hopes on Ally for the win, what happened tonight just may backfire.   Dear God, this may mean Hannah will win.  Think I'll be sitting the finale out next week.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Josh371982 said:

LOL what? HANNAH is the worst. Cant take criticism. Rude to Carrie Ann cause she wasnt always kissing her ass etc. Whining and crying to get sympathy. Lauren is Awesome. So because you're not fooled others who like her are fools? 

Right but Hannah doesn’t seem nearly as fake as Lauren with her “ my daddy wouldn’t like this” BS. At least Hannah owns her bs

• Love 7

Cancel this shit. 

Ally may have felt bad it was James, but cry me a fucking river. She sobs and BEGS for votes every week while the judges kiss her ass even when she makes mistakes.  Keep on cranking out those crocodile tears while whining about haters.

Hannah is another one with the neverending tears and pity shit.

• Love 12

Honestly. It's time to switch out the Judges. I'm sure they could find 3 New Fresh Judges to come in and take over. 

In regards to Ally- 3 times she's on the bottom and 3 times saved- it's clear that America isn't connecting to her and that's fine. It's not like the other 4 dancers were bad that you needed to keep her. 

Also- at Semi-Finals there shouldn't be a Judges save. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
Just now, sas616 said:

I am so disgusted that that insipid Hannah is going to the finals instead of James.    If the judges are pinning their hopes on Ally for the win, what happened tonight just may backfire.   Dear God, this may mean Hannah will win.  Think I'll be sitting the finale out next week.  

Yep same. Hannah's the only one that's never touched Bottom 2. Scared shes winning now 

• Love 3

To talk about some of the dances, I thought Hannah's contemporary was beautiful. If Ally's weak Charleston got all 10s, Hannah deserved all 10s as well. One of the better dances of the night. A lot of them were overscored tonight. 

I'd be happy with a Kel or Hannah win. I guess I'd be fine with an Ally win (but I don't think she CAN win unless the voting system for the finale changes). A Lauren win would just be a Bobby 2.0 win. Yes, Lauren can dance better, but I mean that it would only be about the loudest fanbase.

Kel represents the show the best: someone with no dance experience who got better and is now one of the best. 

But I think they want a male pro/female celeb to win this season, so it'll likely be Hannah/Alan. Which is fine, because Hannah's been critiqued a lot and she's better than they say. She's improved a bit, more than Ally, at least.

• Love 15

Why are people "scared" of Hannah winning?

She's a good dancer thats often underscored and clearly the audience loves her to never hit the bottom 2.

When Bobby Bones wins a season and Sean Spicer was 2 weeks away from making the finale, Hannah, a good dancer with a pro who's never won, winning is not awful for the show.

Don't blame the other contestants for James going home. Blame the judges if you're unhappy. Hannah, Lauren, and Kel earned their spots from votes. Ally is a great dancer and from that perspective deserves to make the finale, but if you're in the bottom 3 times maybe its time.

Clearly she's getting 4th place next week.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18