Type keyword(s) to search

Tania and Syngin: Not the Sharpest Tools in the Shed

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Im torn, she is so unlikeable that she should be good for hate watching.  But she is so smug and arrogant that it may be too much.  

Well, we'll all be sharpening our tongues for the new season....hate-watch it is!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

He's still in the US and she's not pregnant.  They spendt the superbowl drinking at melted Ken doll and Julianna's house for their party . The ex wife kissed chipmunk and later chipmunk complained on IG about how jlo and shakira are white and don't represent latino women or something.  I guess she was drunk. Maybe they are still there in Mike and julie's shed and they can't get them to leave.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Over the last couple days, it kept getting reported that Tania and her mother where in SA with Syngin. Some of the early photos were being doubted as being recent because of a few different things like Tania's lack of crutches and them being at the Jessen's for the Super Bowl. Here's a recent photo of them in Cape Town with the camera crew. It's already been leaked that they are filming for HEA.

1 hour ago, Christina said:

Over the last couple days, it kept getting reported that Tania and her mother where in SA with Syngin. Some of the early photos were being doubted as being recent because of a few different things like Tania's lack of crutches and them being at the Jessen's for the Super Bowl. Here's a recent photo of them in Cape Town with the camera crew. It's already been leaked that they are filming for HEA.

I’m in Cape Town right now pretty close to Long Street (where this photo was taken). If I wasn’t on vacation I’d try to stalk these two 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 2/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, doyouevengohere said:

He's still in the US and she's not pregnant.  They spendt the superbowl drinking at melted Ken doll and Julianna's house for their party . The ex wife kissed chipmunk and later chipmunk complained on IG about how jlo and shakira are white and don't represent latino women or something.  I guess she was drunk. Maybe they are still there in Mike and julie's shed and they can't get them to leave.

So, two Latina women headlining the Super Bowl isn't woke enough for this bitch.  Who is she to assign status, or lack of, to anyone??

Can't even shower on her wedding day.  She's gross.

• Love 15
16 hours ago, blubld43 said:

So, two Latina women headlining the Super Bowl isn't woke enough for this bitch.  Who is she to assign status, or lack of, to anyone??

Can't even shower on her wedding day.  She's gross.

The answer to your first question is obviously, no.  To your second, she is the most woke witch doctor in the world who needs to make sure all of the rest of us are in our assigned boxes so she can judge us and tell us we are wrong and not woke.

I wanted to find that Super Bowl post but Instagram is down for me at the moment and I'll forget about it later.

Tania reposted something someone else said about how the two Latina women could have shown solidarity to the African Americans somehow by doing something or other but chose not to do so. Tania didn't actually come up with something on her own and that other post was reposted by thousands of people. 

This Mother Jones article discusses the controversy.  Majorly snipped from the article for the context of the controversy in the IG post Tania reposted:

Enter Jennifer Lopez and Shakira, two non-Black Latina icons who jumped at the chance to perform at what would prove to be the most Latinx Super Bowl ever. And while booking two Latina icons to headline the halftime show in the era of Trump may have felt like a win for Latinx representation, their performance only further complicated an already contentious situation. Some felt that JLo and Shakira’s decision to perform for an anti-Black organization—prominent Black artists such as Rihanna and Cardi B had publicly and righteously spurned—was a snub to Black people, specifically to Afro-Latinx people. Others thought that NFL overlords were using Latinx artists and by extension Latinx people to rehabilitate its image, a way of saying, “See, we’re not racist. We love Brown people.”

Personally, I didn't really enjoy that article because it felt like people were trying very hard to say something without actually saying anything at all, but YMMV and all. There is also a major controversy about the "stripper wear" of the performers and the political nature of the show in itself, but the Tania repost was about what is discussed in the Mother Jones article.

I'm not taking a side in that debate and certainly not defending Tania because she's just so her, which makes everything she does annoy and bother me, but thought people may want to know what it was over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Christina said:

The answer to your first question is obviously, no.  To your second, she is the most woke witch doctor in the world who needs to make sure all of the rest of us are in our assigned boxes so she can judge us and tell us we are wrong and not woke.

I wanted to find that Super Bowl post but Instagram is down for me at the moment and I'll forget about it later.

Tania reposted something someone else said about how the two Latina women could have shown solidarity to the African Americans somehow by doing something or other but chose not to do so. Tania didn't actually come up with something on her own and that other post was reposted by thousands of people. 

This Mother Jones article discusses the controversy.  Majorly snipped from the article for the context of the controversy in the IG post Tania reposted:

Personally, I didn't really enjoy that article because it felt like people were trying very hard to say something without actually saying anything at all, but YMMV and all. There is also a major controversy about the "stripper wear" of the performers and the political nature of the show in itself, but the Tania repost was about what is discussed in the Mother Jones article.

I'm not taking a side in that debate and certainly not defending Tania because she's just so her, which makes everything she does annoy and bother me, but thought people may want to know what it was over.

Not to get too far into the weeds, but while I understand the argument I don't think the situations are the same.  

Disclaimer: I do not watch the Superbowl, but saw clips of the show. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Christina said:

Lol!  Yes, JLo and Shakira don't check ALL of Tania's boxes.  

I understand there's controversy, which I don't take a side because I'm white, to be honest, staying in my own lane.  I just don't find Tania sincere, or truly impassioned about anything or anyone except herself. So her ever-so-woke comments just come off as sour grapes, IMO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I am a full week late to the party here but Tania and Syngin did NOT get married in Mystic CT. The photo they showed is not even in Mystic I am pretty sure it is Groton/New London harbor, about 20 minutes down the road and aesthetically both are VERY different than Mystic which is technically Stonington but that's a WHOLE other story.  Stonington Mystic HUGE money- Groton New London- not huge money. 

The "Airbnb"? I stilled the house, there are FOOT HIGH weeds GROWING out of the front roof gutters! The back porch is rotted and weeds/shrubs climbing the lattice work of the deck. That is NOT an Airbnb. It's not an Airbnb in Mystic - there is not even a house like that in Mystic, period. Mystic is high end and there are NO nieghborhoods like that.  With the weeds and plants in the gutters no one had tended that house for a LONG time. Has to be a family member perhaps one who died recently and is empty and or the family is renting it out or half keeping it up. 

Why lie about it?! 

Also, they were filmed with NOOO seatbelts, neither of them in that whole car ride. CT has super strict click it or ticket rules. On their ride the were filmed driving south on Rt 12 by the Groton sub base and Nautilus museums. I saw the sign. Also the Penske truck place is right there too. If they were driving from Colchester why was the WHOLE convo filmed right in the area of the sub base? I think the producers hauled them out of bed somewhere in that area and made them drive around or they were on their way back from getting wedding supplies. They had NOT driven from Colchester. They would have been seat belted. Why would the producers wait to film them til t hey were at their destination? That car trip started AT their destination. 

Also, their marriage lic has been leaked and the town where they got married is blurred. The name of the town clearly is blurred and has two words in the name of the town. NEW LONDON is where they got married. Period. Her whole family is from Groton/New London. She and Tania had lunch in a early episode at Olio in Groton. Why lie! FRAUD! 

• LOL 3
50 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Why lie about it?! 

Why lie! FRAUD! 

I think you must have been drinking when you wrote this, or you hadn’t yet had your morning cuppa, because you forgot that this is TLC - The LYING Channel...

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I think you must have been drinking when you wrote this, or you hadn’t yet had your morning cuppa, because you forgot that this is TLC - The LYING Channel...

Guilty as charged @gingerella lol such dumb shit to lie about! Syngin is so likeable on his own and she is cray on her own they've got a great storyline without lies. 

One thing that doesn't lie is that girl needs a blowout every day her hair looked great that way instead of the dead wet twisty pasta hair she has.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Oh good god. The Super Bowl halftime was one big melting pot. Sorry Tania, but they couldn’t book Celia Cruz. She has passed.

My one quibble was if they wanted pole dancing, there is a Miami dancer who runs a pole dancing studio and she is superb. It always rankles me when mega millionaire celebrities want to play pretend at being strippers. Yes, Jlo did great, but those are bush league pole tricks you learn your first week. One handed at that. 

Tania is a colorist. She’s every petty, prejudiced thing she accuses others of being. 

• Love 5

Behind the scenes from their wedding. Multiple slides

Single slide which includes a close-up of their tattoos. Syngin has said they did not do rings because of his experience in the diamond mines.

On 3/1/2020 at 2:06 PM, mamadrama said:

I actually respect Syngin's reason for not wearing a ring. It's understandable and personal. Meanwhile, everything Tania does seems to be for show. 

I understand, but nowadays so many people I know are doing everything BUT diamonds (and I thought wedding bands were gold?  Was he in a gold mine?)

There are other metal options and diamonds are now "lab grown" 

I get it, but it seems like this "reason" may have been conjured up after enough people rolled their eyes at the idea of the tattoo. 

13 hours ago, Christina said:

Syngin has been vague posting about this for weeks, I think, I've barely paid attention.

Butterface!  Is he married?  If not, any chance for a Darcy hookup?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Uh, yeah...So, I highly doubt that above call for action has anything to do with Tania actually DOING anything other than re-posting another group's call to action, because we all know Tania only does things that benefit Tania, and she also has zero ability or skills in organizing anything, just look at the hovel of shit she lives in.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

If she loves cleaning on a beautiful morning, I assume the weather is bad most of the time where she lives?????

I thought on the show that she said she wanted to pull an “all nighter” to clean the hovel shed.  Must mean early early morning.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

When he came back from that phony interview for the bartending job, Syngin looks totally sloshed.      

Yet the proverbial two beers (and a shot) that drunks claim when pulled over.

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Today I learned that you can get a bachelor's degree in "event management"

Put the folding chairs over there!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

It does sound funny, but it's not as weird as it sounds. Big level event planning is really complicated. I'm on the board of a paranormal convention (Scarefest) and though our event is only 4 days long, we have a staff of 12 who work year round. During the event we take on 75+ volunteers. In addition to scheduling non-stop lectures, demonstrations, and workshops we also have to find those people transportation and lodging. We have transportation director and her entire job is to make sure all our celebrities and lecturers get here okay. Then there's our concierge whose job is to make sure those people have what they need while we're here. We bring in over 400 vendors and food/drink have to be provided for all of them. Each night we have concerts and live entertainment. Our music guy handles the bookings, rents the sound systems, books security, etc. Last year we had over 10,000 people show up. 

A lot of the big hotels and resorts have their own full-time event coordinators because they have weddings, conventions, etc booked every day during the busy season. It really does take a certain skillset. When I worked at Belmont Mansion in Nashville we had an event manager because our ballroom was sometimes rented out for two events a day. Just hearing her patiently talking to the cranky people on the phone was enough for me. You couldn't have paid me enough to coordinate with the Christian music acts during the Dove Awards. Those people were MEAN. I prefer to deal with the horror industry.

A really good one who makes everything run smoothly will, as @MrBuhBye said, make it look like they're just telling people where to put the chairs. 

Does seem like there's a degree for everything, though. I'm still scratching my head over an associate's degree in "babysitting" that I saw once. Not daycare management, childcare management, or teaching. Literally just babysitting...

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It does sound funny, but it's not as weird as it sounds. Big level event planning is really complicated. I'm on the board of a paranormal convention (Scarefest) and though our event is only 4 days long, we have a staff of 12 who work year round. During the event we take on 75+ volunteers. In addition to scheduling non-stop lectures, demonstrations, and workshops we also have to find those people transportation and lodging. We have transportation director and her entire job is to make sure all our celebrities and lecturers get here okay. Then there's our concierge whose job is to make sure those people have what they need while we're here. We bring in over 400 vendors and food/drink have to be provided for all of them. Each night we have concerts and live entertainment. Our music guy handles the bookings, rents the sound systems, books security, etc. Last year we had over 10,000 people show up. 

A lot of the big hotels and resorts have their own full-time event coordinators because they have weddings, conventions, etc booked every day during the busy season. It really does take a certain skillset. When I worked at Belmont Mansion in Nashville we had an event manager because our ballroom was sometimes rented out for two events a day. Just hearing her patiently talking to the cranky people on the phone was enough for me. You couldn't have paid me enough to coordinate with the Christian music acts during the Dove Awards. Those people were MEAN. I prefer to deal with the horror industry.

A really good one who makes everything run smoothly will, as @MrBuhBye said, make it look like they're just telling people where to put the chairs. 

Does seem like there's a degree for everything, though. I'm still scratching my head over an associate's degree in "babysitting" that I saw once. Not daycare management, childcare management, or teaching. Literally just babysitting...

It doesn't sound easy and I wouldn't trust asuelu to do it. 

But a bachelor's degree?  Seems like a certification program. 

Probably online, but maybe from the local community college if you want to be fancy and not have to print your own diploma from your deskjet. 

I worked for a company that put on week long medical conferences twice a year, including pharma programs, lectures, dinners, sponsored meals, exhibit halls and other events.  They arranged all transportation to off-site programs, handled all speaker accomodations and payments, event hall set up, negotiated room rates, booking suites for breakaway sales meetings, they managed slide decks and all the audiovisual stuff (that normally included booking a subcontractor).  

All of these things were done by a dedicated staff of "project managers" and I don't think a single one had a bachelor's degree in event management, they all learned on the job. 

Like what are you really going to learn in two years of dedicated event management coursework?

How to use Microsoft Excel to track costs?  How many services might be needed for an event?  How to guesstimate actual attendance versus RSVPs?  What kind of cheesecake to have for dessert?  Negotiation?  

All of that could be covered in an eight week certification.  Besides negotiation, budgeting and pricing I think you'd learn most everything else on the job. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Trust me, 20 years of catering sales, event management, kitchen bitch, etc...a degree is helpful but until you deal with the customers you have no idea how hard it is, you are working when your friends are partying on weekends and holidays, the hours are long and heavy lifting is involved, you are first in and last out at every event and if it is an off premise event sometimes you have to set up a kitchen without electricity or running water...you pretty much have to be MacGyver to make things work.

Montgomery Community College has or had an AA degree in Hospitality Management, it is a great career track that can take you places and you can meet lots of interesting people.

Was Asuelo thinking of being an event manager? What would that event even be like?!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Was Asuelo thinking of being an event manager? What would that event even be like?!

That would depend on the work ethics of the WOMEN he hired to do the rest of the work while he hands out yogurt samples.  I bet he thinks that handing out samples qualifies him to do event management.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

My brother-in-law does event planning.  He got his degree in the US from U Michigan in Ann Arbor.  He managed to get a really great job in Australia.  It is not something he could have learned in 8 weeks.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Trust me, 20 years of catering sales, event management, kitchen bitch, etc...a degree is helpful but until you deal with the customers you have no idea how hard it is, you are working when your friends are partying on weekends and holidays, the hours are long and heavy lifting is involved, you are first in and last out at every event and if it is an off premise event sometimes you have to set up a kitchen without electricity or running water...you pretty much have to be MacGyver to make things work.

Montgomery Community College has or had an AA degree in Hospitality Management, it is a great career track that can take you places and you can meet lots of interesting people.

Oh no, I was saying it doesn't sound like an easy job and it must be challenging because I wouldn't trust aseulu to do it. 

Hospitality management or hotel and restaurant management as a four year degree makes more sense to me because there is a lot about hotels and restaurants that you can learn in the classroom environment.  

Cal Poly Pomona has a four year hospitality management program and the students run a hotel and restaurant on Kellogg hill.  I think it's all very small so I think it houses like visiting professors and other guests, and I've always wanted to go to the restaurant but I'm not sure it's open to the public.  

Cal Poly also has an agriculture program so I think they use a lot of the fresh fruits and vegetables from the ag program.  

https://www.cpp.edu/rkr/

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

My brother-in-law does event planning.  He got his degree in the US from U Michigan in Ann Arbor.  He managed to get a really great job in Australia.  It is not something he could have learned in 8 weeks.

But was his degree in event planning or event management?  It doesn't look like University of Michigan at Ann arbor offers that as a major.  

https://admissions.umich.edu/academics-majors/majors-degrees

I don't think event planning is easy, but I don't think it lends itself to learning primarily in a classroom setting like more traditional subjects.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

But was his degree in event planning or event management?  It doesn't look like University of Michigan at Ann arbor offers that as a major.  

https://admissions.umich.edu/academics-majors/majors-degrees

I don't think event planning is easy, but I don't think it lends itself to learning primarily in a classroom setting like more traditional subjects.  

I think it was in hotel management - which  he used to transition to event planning.  For the types of events he plans, usually the client simply says what type of event they want.  It is up to him to find vendors, deal with contracts, deal with logistics, deal with staff, plan for contingencies (what to do if the weather isn't what you expected, what happens if a supplier cancels), etc.  It is like starting up a restaurant/venue, over and over and over.  Yes, he may have preferred vendors, but if they can't deliver what the client wants, it is on him to find vendors who can.  And yes, at least the physical space stays the same but it's not simply pointing the caterers, chosen by the client, towards the kitchen.  It's finding a caterer, making sure the kitchen is in order, ordering liquor, coordinating entertainment, coordinating with facilities, and in his case, supervising other event planning staff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I think it was in hotel management - which  he used to transition to event planning.  For the types of events he plans, usually the client simply says what type of event they want.  It is up to him to find vendors, deal with contracts, deal with logistics, deal with staff, plan for contingencies (what to do if the weather isn't what you expected, what happens if a supplier cancels), etc.  It is like starting up a restaurant/venue, over and over and over.  Yes, he may have preferred vendors, but if they can't deliver what the client wants, it is on him to find vendors who can.  And yes, at least the physical space stays the same but it's not simply pointing the caterers, chosen by the client, towards the kitchen.  It's finding a caterer, making sure the kitchen is in order, ordering liquor, coordinating entertainment, coordinating with facilities, and in his case, supervising other event planning staff.

This is a large part of the reason why I don't think event planning, by itself, lends itself to the classroom environment for two years of coursework.   

There are too many contingencies, too many moving variables, too many judgment calls.  

To me, the way your BIL did it makes sense, because hotel management lends itself more to a classroom setting.  

My first job out of college was as a claims adjuster.  It wasn't an easy job, but the amount classroom instruction to do the job was like six months, at best. 

Most cars have the same basic parts, there is only so much you can learn about how forces work during various impacts and there is only so much you can learn about policy coverages, inception and cancellation.   

Beyond that base of information you just had to learn the job on the job, because the contingencies, situations and variables were endless.  

I've heard of four year degree in auto adjusting and I don't understand it, because there isn't a large knowledge base, it's normally combining basic learned knowledge with negotiation, judgement calls, creative problem solving and critical thinking. 

It sounds like your BILs job relies a lot on negotiation, judgement calls, creative problem solving and critical thinking.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, AZChristian said:

That would depend on the work ethics of the WOMEN he hired to do the rest of the work while he hands out yogurt samples.  I bet he thinks that handing out samples qualifies him to do event management.

And dancing! We mustn't forget his other talent...

• LOL 3
(edited)

He was so drunk coming back after the bartender interview.     Also, his Guinness pouring technique was all wrong, so he can forget ever working in an Irish pub.       He needs to get that Betty Crocker hairdo of his chopped off.   Nothing is nastier than someone running their hands through their hair constantly, and right over the food and drink.     I'm betting with Syngin's lovely personality, that some future co-workers will put him in a choke hold, and buzz that mane of his off.   

If Syngin does get a bartending job, then my guess within the month before he gets fired, he'll be the life of the party, have all kinds of friends to party with after work, and I'm guessing he'll decide to drive some night, leading to a DUI.   

If he really wants to make more money, he should work at one of the chain restaurant/bars, where you wait tables, and bar tend sometimes.   A friend's daughter likes the job where she can get extra waitress shifts, because the people who order food tip better.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10