Type keyword(s) to search

Gretchen & Slade & their BS

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Pretty sure her real boyfriend during the time she was with Jeff was some dude named Jay Photoglu.  They've gone back and forth in court and I believe at least work a year or so ago, she had won a $500K+ judgment against him...which doesn't mean shit when you can't pull blood from a stone and apparently Photoglu is a broke ass.

IIRC, this Jay person contacted Tamra and spilled about 8 gallons of tea about his relationship with Gretchen, which is why Tamra was practically orgasmic when Gretchen admitted over lunch she'd been to BASS! LAKE!   It confirmed the story that Jay person had told her, since he had been with her Bass Lake the weekend in question.

I don't think she hooked up with Slade until well after Jeff died.  I think Slade was too busy trying to canoodle with Lauri to get his "housewife" spot back and the hooking up with Gretchen didn't begin until right before filming the subsequent season began.

Here's a pic of her with Photoglu:  

gretchen.jpg

Photoglu....what a strange name. It's like maybe you could market a product with that name.....a new sticky note, better stronger hot "glu" gun. A great 'glu' for people into scrapbooking? 

I'm sure Gretchen was dabbling in younger, hotter men while Jeff was busy dying. She's a scab just like Slade. And it appears that Gretchen and Slade have already spent all of the money Jeff left for Gretchen. 

• Love 7

Ahhh, I stand corrected.

Yes, Jeff died, and then Gretchen hooked up with Slade.

I do remember feeling that Gretchen had no love lost when Jeff died, although I do know that people can grieve privately.  But it seemed like Slade moved in to date Gretchen the minute he & Jo broke up.  I do recall that he was like....."orange???"  "there's an orange????"  

Slade sniffed out that orange like a bloodhound in heat.

The credit card companies are now after Gretchen & Slade for tens of thousands of dollars.  House of cards, y'all.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

Ahhh, I stand corrected.

Yes, Jeff died, and then Gretchen hooked up with Slade.

I do remember feeling that Gretchen had no love lost when Jeff died, although I do know that people can grieve privately.  But it seemed like Slade moved in to date Gretchen the minute he & Jo broke up.  I do recall that he was like....."orange???"  "there's an orange????"  

Slade sniffed out that orange like a bloodhound in heat.

The credit card companies are now after Gretchen & Slade for tens of thousands of dollars.  House of cards, y'all.

Oh, he first starting schmoozing Lauri, which IIRC was only for a handful of "dates," but our favorite golddigger, Lauri, smelled the desperation and quickly found her Wallet (George).  

Apparently when Lauri kicked him to the curb, that's when he set his sights on Gretchen (who probably felt like she'd hit the lottery when Jeff died what with the condo and life insurance money).  

In all honesty, I'm not surprised their house of cards fell apart...I am, however, surprised it took this long.  I don't think either of them have had a viable or consistent income since she (they) lost the Bravo gig.  I always wondered how they were managing to keep getting invitations to all of the events they attended but maybe D List celebrities invite Z List celebrities just for shits and giggles.  

I remember back when she was on the show, on her product webpage (for the purses and makeup), people would post a lot on her FB page about trying to order something but everything always seemed to be "out of stock."  Guess she didn't have enough ready cash even then to order a modest amount of inventory to keep on hand.  

Seeing where she and Slimey go from this point should be interesting.  Unfortunately, now they have that innocent baby to live through their shenanigans with them.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Photoglu....what a strange name. It's like maybe you could market a product with that name.....a new sticky note, better stronger hot "glu" gun. A great 'glu' for people into scrapbooking? 

I'm sure Gretchen was dabbling in younger, hotter men while Jeff was busy dying. She's a scab just like Slade. And it appears that Gretchen and Slade have already spent all of the money Jeff left for Gretchen. 

Yeah, I had this post typed with "Some guy named Jay with a weird last name," because I thought I was misremembering it...nope, I hit the Google and there it was, just like I remembered, "Photoglu."  

I remember at some point seeing pictures on a boat with Jim and Alexis Bellino, and Gretchen was all over Photoglu like a case of poison oak.  I always gave more credence to Photoglu's story about their relationship than I did Gretchen's ("family friend") because a lot of the photos of them together looked a bit too..."friendly."  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Oh, he first starting schmoozing Lauri, which IIRC was only for a handful of "dates," but our favorite golddigger, Lauri, smelled the desperation and quickly found her Wallet (George).  

Game recognizes game.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Sterling said:

Couldn't have happened to a better couple! 

But G & S have probably already filed bankruptcy. Gretchen must have a huge storage unit somewhere with her cheap, ugly over sized handbags and Slade's action hero costumes.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

I think Gretchen and Jeff had an arrangement that was more of a Sugar daddy than actual fiancée thing. Think they just got engaged knowing Jeff was terminal . 

I also think Jo was prettier.

Finally, Lauri was the ultimate wallet hunter. I really admire her skills.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I think Gretchen and Jeff had an arrangement that was more of a Sugar daddy than actual fiancée thing. Think they just got engaged knowing Jeff was terminal . 

I think that's what happened with her and Jeff, too.  I think he played along with the engagement fuckery to make sure she got a spot on the show so she would have a source of  income after he passed.  

And, yes, remember Cat Crap Condo when Lauri first joined the cast and how quickly she upgraded with Chinless Wallet?  Impressive skills indeed, that Lauri!  😄 😄 😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Most definitely. Jo was naturally pretty and never wore, or needed, lots of make up. 

I'm guessing Slimey and Gretchen will be making  another baby soon. Probably going to try to get a boy child next time and live off of SSI.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I agree. I would love to know exactly what she did to get George to marry her because she's not very pretty. And her kids...Josh and I forgot the loser daughter's name.

By the way MuShu, I like the term "Wallet Hunter". 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/31/2019 at 7:29 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Apparently we were correct.

According to this article, in 2015 she took out a loan for over $500K on the home.

It was supposed to be auctioned last week, but I can't find an update on whether it was indeed auctioned.  

Anyway, this article is pretty interesting and has some financial stuff in it.  

https://realityblurb.com/2019/05/11/report-former-rhoc-star-gretchen-rossi-is-facing-foreclosure-on-her-orange-county-home/

Well she apparently used some of it to make her face look like that.  Bad choice.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Most definitely. Jo was naturally pretty and never wore, or needed, lots of make up. 

I'm guessing Slimey and Gretchen will be making  another baby soon. Probably going to try to get a boy child next time and live off of SSI.

How will they pay for IVF if their credit cards are maxed out? What other liquid assets do they have?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Well she apparently used some of it to make her face look like that.  Bad choice.

There was an episode where it showed her devoid of any and all makeup, no foundation, no concealer, totally naked face.

A poster on TWOP described it as a misshapen hunk of gray modeling clay with raisins for eyes.  That description was dead on.

With regard to her "enhancements," I remember her and Slimey attending a holiday party - might have been Lydia's party where Ryan went barbarian on Lydia's mom - and Gretchen was Botox'd to such a degree that her face was completely mask like and she couldn't fully open her mouth to eat a small bite of food and had to go at it sideways...it was almost painful to watch.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

There was an episode where it showed her devoid of any and all makeup, no foundation, no concealer, totally naked face.

A poster on TWOP described it as a misshapen hunk of gray modeling clay with raisins for eyes.  That description was dead on.

With regard to her "enhancements," I remember her and Slimey attending a holiday party - might have been Lydia's party where Ryan went barbarian on Lydia's mom - and Gretchen was Botox'd to such a degree that her face was completely mask like and she couldn't fully open her mouth to eat a small bite of food and had to go at it sideways...it was almost painful to watch.

Oh my god I remember that. She had some PSA gig or some such. Someone called her face “the potato”, and there was a active discussion of it, and every time someone commented, they called her face the potato. Trying to dope out how the potato was put together. She really does have a rubber face. There was that time she was showing off her ring to Jeffs kids with minimal makeup and non pageant hair, and she looked great.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 9/2/2019 at 7:24 PM, Persnickety1 said:

I think that's what happened with her and Jeff, too.  I think he played along with the engagement fuckery to make sure she got a spot on the show so she would have a source of  income after he passed.  

And, yes, remember Cat Crap Condo when Lauri first joined the cast and how quickly she upgraded with Chinless Wallet?  Impressive skills indeed, that Lauri!  😄 😄 😄 

Lauri took her gold digging to the next level! She wasn’t going to let anything get in between her and her wallet. Even her drug addict son. Ashley got the memo and jumped on board when she saw the life they could live... unfortunately josh and his issues didn’t fit in lauris new fairytale life. He wasn’t even allowed to stay in the litter box condo. 

• Love 13

In faraway olden times, Lauri would have been a courtesan. She’s not vulgar, seems pretty easy going, cleans up well and has a patrician air to her, though she’s from middle class farm stock. I’ve always enjoyed Lauri on the show. My god she had a full on princess wedding with a giant white dress, and she was about 50 at the time. She should have schools for flighty younger fools like Gretchen to learn the game. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Geez, I was just watching that episode today on the RH vacay marathon, where the gals all were ‘celebrating’ Tamrat’s upcoming nuptials in Mexico. I’d forgotten just how much of a lame stick-in-the-mud Gretchen was on that trip—Hell, that whole season!!  There she was bitching about how much money she supposedly spent as a hostess got them to go there(yeah right), bitching about Vicki, Lydia and Tamrat leaving her and the equally boring Heather behind to go partying, whining about Vicki trying to overtake “her” trip for Tamrat, desperately playing up to Tamrat....

And I’d been firmly Team Gretchen for all of her first few seasons until she hooked up with Slade. He turned a formerly funny bubbly party girl into a screechy self-absorbed lameass. But of course I blame her mostly for wasting what was left of her youth and opportunities on that loser. She probably could’ve stayed on the show even longer and met a real man a’la Kelly had she not settled for Slimey.

Now Laurie I completely respect. THAT is how you catch the big fish!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I get that Lauri caught the big fish. But I still don't get HOW she did it. One of life's great mysteries. 

She may (or may not 😜) have had some “physical assets” involved in how she snagged him.

However, they have been married for over 12 years. When you marry someone, you “marry” their family and man is her son Josh beyond messed up. It would be hard for any marriage to survive that, yet alone a step parent. They do have a combined 7 ((I think)) children between them and she took custody of her grandkid - 

So, in my very tired (and not quite sober - which is my posting norm) opinion, their current relationship has to transcend more than physical attraction.

I really, really want her grandchild to be raised in a healthy environment - and I hope her youngest girl is well adjusted, because her oldest two 🤬)

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

She may (or may not 😜) have had some “physical assets” involved in how she snagged him.

I was thinking the same thing...like maybe Lauri can suck a golf ball thru a garden hose😁 but you're right about those two having something more meaningful holding their relationship together. So I'm happy for them.

I don't recall how long Slade has been with Gretchen but it seems like a really long time as well. I will never figure out why ANY woman would want Slade to be their child's father. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 9/15/2019 at 3:17 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Geez, I was just watching that episode today on the RH vacay marathon, where the gals all were ‘celebrating’ Tamrat’s upcoming nuptials in Mexico. I’d forgotten just how much of a lame stick-in-the-mud Gretchen was on that trip—Hell, that whole season!!  There she was bitching about how much money she supposedly spent as a hostess got them to go there(yeah right), bitching about Vicki, Lydia and Tamrat leaving her and the equally boring Heather behind to go partying, whining about Vicki trying to overtake “her” trip for Tamrat, desperately playing up to Tamrat....

And I’d been firmly Team Gretchen for all of her first few seasons until she hooked up with Slade. He turned a formerly funny bubbly party girl into a screechy self-absorbed lameass. But of course I blame her mostly for wasting what was left of her youth and opportunities on that loser. She probably could’ve stayed on the show even longer and met a real man a’la Kelly had she not settled for Slimey.

Now Laurie I completely respect. THAT is how you catch the big fish!

ITA agree about Slade sucking the life (and, unfortunately, looks) out of Gretchen. But wasn’t she with him from the beginning of her second season onward?

On 9/15/2019 at 5:45 PM, chenoa333 said:

I get that Lauri caught the big fish. But I still don't get HOW she did it. One of life's great mysteries. 

I totally do not find her attractive, even when she was younger. But I suppose she possesses those attributes that can fool a man into thinking she is—long blonde hair, slim and statuesque, and of course, big boobs. 

Edited by Duke2801
Wrong word!
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

totally do not find her attractive, even when she was younger.

I don't find Lauri attractive either. And with the thousands of extraordinarily beautiful young women in South OC (who would love to get in George's wallet) I'm still surprised he chose an older, baggage-carrying, poor divorcee. 

Back to Gretchen and Slade..I hope someone here will keep us updated on G&S eviction/bankruptcy b.s. and current baby pics. 

Maybe someone else who posts on here can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that house (condo?) Gretchen has lived in for so long is in the city if Costa Mesa. It's still Orange County but not as expensive as Ladera Ranch, Cota de Caza, Dana Point oceanfront etc. 

It's really not a good thing when you're a former reality TV "star" who has no fans left. Just people watching them flop on their a$$es. 

• Love 7
On 9/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, car54 said:

Keep that baby in the press!

I give it 18 months before Gretchen is pitching a Mommy Daughter Pageant show to TLC.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/gretchen-rossi-talks-parenting-with-slade-smiley?cid=soc_tw_Bravo_RHOC_Dish

Oh Slade.  Quit coloring your hair.  So this prob got them what, $250? I mean no one really cares about them unless they are being kicked out of her house.  I am thinking they had this child to get interest in them again.  With what she has done to her face I suppose she could be on Botched.  

20 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I was thinking the same thing...like maybe Lauri can suck a golf ball thru a garden hose😁 but you're right about those two having something more meaningful holding their relationship together. So I'm happy for them.

I don't recall how long Slade has been with Gretchen but it seems like a really long time as well. I will never figure out why ANY woman would want Slade to be their child's father. 

He would be a fool to give up his free living situation.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 5
On 9/10/2019 at 5:53 PM, JD5166 said:

I just happened by this thread because I was bored, I am pretty much dying right now I am laughing so hard! The Laurie, Gretchen AND Slade shade is fantastic! 😂😂

Oh, there's more shade than what's contained here.

George and his attorney actually had the TWOP forum shut down for a couple of months back in the day when he first hooked up with Lauri because a lot of very interesting information was being shared on the boards about his finances, possible CPS investigations, ex-wife, etc.  

It was epic.  😄  

23 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

You know, someone on TWOP actually saw her in person and said she was strikingly beautiful so maybe in real life she's more attractive than on film.

Also, despite all the circumstances, the woman knows how to comport herself in the best possible light.  In addition to being physically attractive, she also carried herself well, dressed well, was very socially appropriate and gracious, and had perfect manners. 

I can see a rich guy like Chinless Wallet snatching her up because she would be the perfect woman to take to the political, charitable, and social functions he attended and would make him look better.  Kind of like (although on a much, much lesser scale) Yolanda on RHOBH was with Mohammad Hadid and then David Foster.  

I also think Lauri was very good at playing damsel in distress, even though she really had her sharp claws on full display when she returned several seasons later to take down Vicki and Brooks.  I need to watch that season again. 😄

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
56 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

You know, someone on TWOP actually saw her in person and said she was strikingly beautiful so maybe in real life she's more attractive than on film.

And many of us former TWOP posters (and now PT posters) like to consume alcohol when we're posting!😀 So maybe that's where Lauri gets her beauty from when seen in person. Blame it on the alcohol 

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I can see a rich guy like Chinless Wallet snatching her up because she would be the perfect woman to take to the political, charitable, and social functions he attended and would make him look better

I get your point but somehow, I just can't picture Lauri knowing who the current president of the USA is or, what day it is.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

a rich guy like Chinless Wallet snatching her up

LOL! THAT should be in the Urban "Dick"tionary"!

I might feel like trying that some evening. Taking my snatch out to look for a chinless wallet! 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 6
On 9/15/2019 at 8:36 PM, chenoa333 said:

I was thinking the same thing...like maybe Lauri can suck a golf ball thru a garden hose😁 but you're right about those two having something more meaningful holding their relationship together.

Most men would be hard pressed to name something more meaningful...

• LOL 7

George and his attorney actually had the TWOP forum shut down for a couple of months back in the day when he first hooked up with Lauri because a lot of very interesting information was being shared on the boards about his finances, possible CPS investigations, ex-wife, etc.  

Oh wow.

Most men would be hard pressed to name something more meaningful...

I like to think she is a gymnast in the bedroom.

• LOL 5
On 9/16/2019 at 5:27 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Oh, there's more shade than what's contained here.

It was epic.  😄  

Also, despite all the circumstances, the woman knows how to comport herself in the best possible light.  In addition to being physically attractive, she also carried herself well, dressed well, was very socially appropriate and gracious, and had perfect manners. 

I can see a rich guy like Chinless Wallet snatching her up because she would be the perfect woman to take to the political, charitable, and social functions he attended and would make him look better.  Kind of like (although on a much, much lesser scale) Yolanda on RHOBH was with Mohammad Hadid and then David Foster.  

I also think Lauri was very good at playing damsel in distress, even though she really had her sharp claws on full display when she returned several seasons later to take down Vicki and Brooks.  I need to watch that season again. 😄

Exactly. Lauri’s greatest talent is being a wife. She keeps the household running smoothly, drives the kids to and fro, and is probably an asset when dealing with clients and other important people socially. She’s actually pretty low drama and very composed. She keeps herself fit, but I’d advise laying off the fillers and Botox a bit.

Lauri runs the home, George is the wallet who brings home the bacon. I think they’re really well suited. 

I’m still shocked Gretchen is poorer than me. I don’t even have a job yet. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Exactly. Lauri’s greatest talent is being a wife. She keeps the household running smoothly, drives the kids to and fro, and is probably an asset when dealing with clients and other important people socially. She’s actually pretty low drama and very composed. She keeps herself fit, but I’d advise laying off the fillers and Botox a bit.

Lauri runs the home, George is the wallet who brings home the bacon. I think they’re really well suited. 

I’m still shocked Gretchen is poorer than me. I don’t even have a job yet. 

Yeah, Lauri definitely has her shit together.

Can you imagine, on the other hand, taking Gretchen to anything even remotely dignified?  With that hee haw guffaw of hers at the most inappropriate times and her inability to pronounce even the simplest of words ("sun-theen")?  Trophy on the arm for sure, but damn...the dude would have to hope she didn't have a reason to laugh or even to speak, for that matter.  Lauri makes George look good.  Gretchen would just raise eyebrows.  

I've always thought Gretchen had one of the best bodies ever.  I think being blessed with that killer body was her only discernible "talent," and when she and Slimey realized they had traded on that commodity as long as they could, then they decided to have the baby so they could trade on that.  She couldn't stay young and buff forever and there's a lot of competition out there.  

Gawd knows she can't sing (ahh, the Pussycat Dolls debacle, amongst others), and her makeup and handbag lines were dead in the water.  

Instead of getting involved with Slimey, she should have gone to Lauri for advice on Advanced Wallet Hunting.  Surely she could have landed a much bigger fish than Slade....maybe even one with some character and dignity to go with the money.  

• Love 11
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:18 AM, Sterling said:

He ditched Jo for prettier Gretchen, when he realized that Gretchen would get a full orange and be a "sustaining" cast member.  Gretchen fell for everything Slade promised her, so she ditched Jeff, who was older and less attractive.

As was said earlier, Jeff died, but I recall Tamra was on a crazy crusade to "prove" that she had been cheating on Jeff while he was on his deathbed.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:37 AM, Hiyo said:

Relatively...let us not forget the most awkward business meeting ever.

BWAH! In addition to him totally ignoring Slade, that office looked like someone put a desk in the foyer of a hotel!

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:27 PM, Persnickety1 said:

It was epic.  😄  

Not only did the forum get shut down, it was deleted and anyone who tried to restart it got insta-banned. Wow, those were the days...

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

Oh Lauri...she was a fascinating one.  I think the fact she had kids and he had kids was one factor...and she always wanted to be the society wife.pobably back in her Idaho living days.

You could tell she was from the pre fighting era of OC because she wasn't good at fighting...she should have gone to Tamra for advice. 

Nice to know my instincts about Gretchen were right...a dumb grifter wannabe...heck Taylor from rhobh could have helped her hone those skills.

• Love 4

Gretchen posted and Instagram video where the baby was supposedly intimating Slade. Gretchen straight up wrote something about loving when the baby "intimidates" Slade.🙄

Also, that baby can not stand on her own.  They are complete morons.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
On 9/4/2019 at 11:46 AM, TVjunkie03 said:

Lauri took her gold digging to the next level! She wasn’t going to let anything get in between her and her wallet. Even her drug addict son. Ashley got the memo and jumped on board when she saw the life they could live... unfortunately josh and his issues didn’t fit in lauris new fairytale life. He wasn’t even allowed to stay in the litter box condo. 

Very accurate synopsis of Lauri and her selfishness. 

• Love 8