Type keyword(s) to search

Gretchen & Slade & their BS

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, b2H said:

How is she still a thing??

She's not. Bravo is not only scraping the bottom of the barrell, they are scraping out what's underneath since the bottom has fallen out for these two.

One of the pictures of her next to that awful cake makes it look like the cake and dress designs should have been reversed. I guess it's nice to see her taste is still MORE IS MORE! Did she apply her makeup with the same utensil they used to decorate the cake?

Who throws a party like that when they are turning 43? The thirst is real.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Where is Slade Slimy? Sperm donor extraordinaire. If Gretchen is 43 Slade must be planning for his 60th bday soon. 

I want to say Slade was 37 in the first season of OC. That was filmed in 2004! So yeah, he is in his mid-50s.

• Love 7
On 11/12/2021 at 8:55 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

I want to say Slade was 37 in the first season of OC. That was filmed in 2004! So yeah, he is in his mid-50s.

I think Slade was 30 when the first season was filmed, so that makes him about 48.  

• Love 2

I looked it up.  Per his imdb bio (yes, Slade is pretending he's an actor.  He's had two bit parts in 2015, one of which as uncredited), he is 48.  I thought he was significantly older.  I do wonder if he casually changed his birthdate somewhere along the way.  However, he could have just been a jackass 30 year old at the start whose sliminess and posturing made him appear older. Since the sliminess and posturing have only increased over the years, he is an older seeming 48 year old. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 11/18/2021 at 10:06 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I looked it up.  Per his imdb bio (yes, Slade is pretending he's an actor.  He's had two bit parts in 2015, one of which as uncredited), he is 48.  I thought he was significantly older.  I do wonder if he casually changed his birthdate somewhere along the way.  However, he could have just been a jackass 30 year old at the start whose sliminess and posturing made him appear older. Since the sliminess and posturing have only increased over the years, he is an older seeming 48 year old. 

If he's 48, then I'm the new Queen of the USA! 

I found this 2021 Us article that says he was 47 in 2013. I remember reading somewhere, I think in this forum, that his real birth year is 1968. I totally believe he's between 53 and 55 years old. Lmao that he's going around the Internet shaving years off his age. Pretty soon he's going to be the oldest looking 30 year old ever!

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/rhocs-gretchen-rossi-slade-smiley-arent-married-but-wear-rings/

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 11/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

If he's 48, then I'm the new Queen of the USA! 

I found this 2021 Us article that says he was 47 in 2013. I remember reading somewhere, I think in this forum, that his real birth year is 1968. I totally believe he's between 53 and 55 years old. Lmao that he's going around the Internet shaving years off his age. Pretty soon he's going to be the oldest looking 30 year old ever!

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/rhocs-gretchen-rossi-slade-smiley-arent-married-but-wear-rings/

I seem to recall back in the TWOP days that someone on the forum claimed to have known Slade (I think he or his brother went to college with him) and he was at least 5-7 years older than what was claimed publicly.  

You might be spot on with your guess at his age.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I have been watching season whatever on BRAVO today while taking down the last of tge Christmas decorations. It features Jesus Jugs, Gretchen and Peggy. I guess I forgot what a horrendous season this was. At any rate, Gretchen is struggling with marrying Slade Slimy due to his back child support-apparen5ly, even his own mother thinks he is too big a loser for Gretchen, which may have been the highlight of the season. It got me wondering if Slimy ever paid his back child support? 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Nicmar said:

she's shilling her crappy purses and her make up line, I'm guessing. lol

Ok, but how much income does that bring in ?

Another question: I see they are both wearing rings on 4th finger left hand,  in that photo (last page). Slade's looks like a wedding band. They are not legally got married, right ? Because then Gretchen's financial assets would be liable for Slade's debt - i.e. back child support . That was the whole reason for the sham engagement, and sham-bogus delaying the wedding all these years, right ?

I don't have a problem with them not being legally married. But I wonder if Slade is on Medicaid (for healthcare), and any other state financial aid programs. 

Still can't imagine how they have financially survived all this time....

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

I, too, wonder how they've managed to stay afloat all these years post -Bravo.  I'm actually surprised they're still together, and for some reason it's funny to me they are in that same townhouse.

Orange County wins for smallest pool of desirable single men, based on the wives choices over the years - Slade, Brooks, Shane (though he's growing on me), Noella's whateverhisnameis, RyNE - what an unappealing bunch of losers. Tamra hit the jackpot with Eddie!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 1/18/2022 at 2:00 AM, Bossa Nova said:

Not surprised at all. Gretchen, the MENSA member, simpleton, might look for easy simple answers to the complicated problems of life and American society. Life is easier that way. It doesn't make your brain hurt to have to analyze, understand nuances, or see life from another's point of view. 

The "suntheen" articulate idiot. 

Hey, I always remember she could not pronounce "Puerta Vallarte" ,when they were planning the girls trip for Tamra's bachlorette. No matter how many times Heather coached her on the pronunciation. I think she may have a learning disability. I am being generous. 

And one more time: just how do Slade and Gretchen pay their bills ? How have they made ends meet all these years? Post Bravo-paycheck with no discernable livelihood in what should be their prime money making career years (your thirties and forties). How do they pay for healthcare, esp now with a child ? My only guess is the townhouse is paid off (thank you Jeff, RIP), so no mortgage. But the everything else bills? 

Don't think so. A couple of years ago it was I'm the news that it was in Foreclosure. Obviously, they bailed it out somehow.

• Useful 3
On 10/22/2019 at 7:27 PM, Jextella said:

This sounds crazy, but I think many of the housewives are pretty smart.  They have to be to navigate shows like these.  They need to figure out what, when, where, and how at every turn in order to stay relevant and entertaining, and they have to do it on their own for the most part.

I think we are seeing some of this play out with the kids.  Tamra's 2nd son, Sonja's daughter, and Kyle's girls. 

I wouldn't have put Gretchen in this mix, but you never know what's behind the ditzy facade.

I think I read that contestants on reality shows like Survivor have to get IQ tests.  I'm not sure why other than making sure they can keep up.  Maybe there is a bar for the housewives as well.

Either Gretchen or Slade is intelligent because their little girl is as sharp as a tack.  I’ve worked in education, and I know a smart kid when I see one.  Skylar is unbelievably smart for her age.  I think Slade is a real POS, but I have to give him credit for being a really good dad to Skylar.  He adores that little girl, and she adores him.  I’m not sure if she would even notice if Gretchen disappeared and never returned.  She’s all about her daddy.  BTW, it pains me to say anything positive about Slimy Slade, but I have to give credit when credit is due.

• Love 3
On 2/7/2023 at 10:31 PM, Irate Panda said:

Gretchen added a lengthy, hypocritical post on IG according to this. This is the same person who didn't want Slade to pay child support, so he remained mostly unemployed, and she didn't marry him, so she wouldn't be responsible indirectly either. Let's see if they will finally get married now. They can contact Bravo, and promote this storyline (again), so they can be asked back.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Gretchen added a lengthy, hypocritical post on IG according to this. She is the same person who didn't want Slade to pay child support, so he remained mostly unemployed, and she didn't marry him, so she wouldn't be responsible indirectly either. Let's see if they will finally get married now. They can contact Bravo, and promote this storyline (again), so they can be asked back.

Thank you for saying it so I didn’t have to.  Slade has dodged child support payments for years.  It’ll be very interesting to see what happens now, regarding whether they marry or not.  As far back as I can remember, Gretchen has never mentioned Gray, until now.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

What stood out to me is that she speaks about him like he was still a child.  He was 22, an adult.  Pure speculation based on personal experience - it makes me wonder if she even interacted with him these last many years.  The photos she posted were from when he was much younger.  Y'know, from before Slade clearly doing everything he could to not support his child. 

• Like 7
15 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Gretchen added a lengthy, hypocritical post on IG according to this. 

“Our rational minds told us this day might come, but our hearts always held onto the hope that this day would not come to fruition”

She is so fucking stupid, something coming “to fruition” means something you planned came together.  She tries to come across as intelligent but she’s an idiot.  And she shouldn’t comment at all, she’s disgusting.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
14 hours ago, FortKnox said:

I looked at the dates. The first article is from the 7th of February. The second is from the 8th. I know I'm a bitch, but I cannot help thinking that Gretchen provided the only photos she had from one visit with Grayson as an adult after she was criticized the previous day. There were not photos from different occasions.

I feel sorry for him, and his mother. He suffered for many years. 

• Like 9

Gretchen saw Grayson a few times, but the last time was more than 10 years ago, that's why she didn't post any photos where he was older than 12 years old. Slade never contributed to his medical expenses- his ex still owes hundreds of thousands of dollars for those. There is a fundraiser for Grayson's memorial service. Gretchen received a large amount for participating in the last Ultimate Girls Trip, but she is not helping either. 

• Sad 4
On 3/4/2023 at 1:33 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I know! She was very pretty why did she feel the need to surgically mess with her face to look like Vicki?

Clearly all Slade ever wanted was Vicki 😂

• LOL 11

When I first saw Slade, I thought he was the most attractive Real Housewife husband. I only recently got into RHOC, and repeatedly mocking the other women's looks really rubs me the wrong way. 

• Like 3