Type keyword(s) to search

Gretchen & Slade & their BS

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I sided with Gretchen in her first few seasons, but the longer she stayed on the show, this mean streak really emerged in her. I'll never forget how she literally applauded when Tamra kicked Alexis out of dinner at CUT Fitness. The way she ditched Alexis the second that Tamra came calling was really gross. I did find it kind of delicious that Alexis ended on a good note with everyone while Gretchen was on the outs.

I stopped siding with Gretchen when she befriended Tamra, as well.  RH should not go down the path of hiring professional reality stars and Gretchen and Slade have become just that.

• Love 5

Hate following Gretchen on Snapchat is both horrifying and fascinating---for one thing, she completely overposts a'la Paris Hilton, especially when she's drunk. She hangs out with Vicki and Lizzy and an assortment of wealthy Instagram-famous housewives. She loves to show off the shit she cooks for Slade in her slow cooker. She's fairly obsessed with the selfie filters.

The funniest thing to witness is her startling lack of taste---she just redid her little townhouse((yep, they still live there)), and it's every bit as gaudy and tacky as the last treatment. Maybe I'm just a home decor snob, but when I see anything with "Live Laugh Love" on it and French writing on pillows, I'm automatically giving a side-eye on that basic shit. Just saying, it's very likely that she's one of those folks who has a "Keep calm and carry on" print hanging somewhere.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Hate following Gretchen on Snapchat is both horrifying and fascinating---for one thing, she completely overposts a'la Paris Hilton, especially when she's drunk. She hangs out with Vicki and Lizzy and an assortment of wealthy Instagram-famous housewives. She loves to show off the shit she cooks for Slade in her slow cooker. She's fairly obsessed with the selfie filters.

The funniest thing to witness is her startling lack of taste---she just redid her little townhouse((yep, they still live there)), and it's every bit as gaudy and tacky as the last treatment. Maybe I'm just a home decor snob, but when I see anything with "Live Laugh Love" on it and French writing on pillows, I'm automatically giving a side-eye on that basic shit. Just saying, it's very likely that she's one of those folks who has a "Keep calm and carry on" print hanging somewhere.

I am hanging my head in shame...you just described the very pillows on my couch in my home office...I will be getting rid of them ASAP.  Time for a refresh if I own anything remotely like Gretchen.  P.S. I am making dinner in my crock pot too.

When did Vicky and Gretchen get chummy? Am I suffering from amnesia because all I can remember when they were dressed in some horrible 80's outfits screeching at each other and the fact that Slade ridiculed Vicky's looks on stage and now all is forgiven, someone help me thru this senior moment/

• Love 5

Baltimore Betty, please don't internalize the snark! I'm sure your home decor still looks a trillion times better than Gretchen's gaudy house of horrors. Just stay away from buying anything mirrored, sequined or accumulating pointless chintz and you should be fine. And hey, crockpot meals are excellent if they're not meals lovingly cooked for slimy Slade. ;)

I'll never understand how Gretchen suddenly got all chummy with Vicky after all their epic onscreen battles. I'm guessing it's a mixture of desperation and strategy on either of their sides---you know Gretchen would kill to be back on any reality show and Vicky apparently needs all the friends she can get thanks to her habit of scaring people away. Kelly also hangs out with them now and then, so I guess that friendship still exists. I still think it was pretty shitty how she basically dropped her buddy Alexis like a bad habit back when the cool clique((Tamra and Heather)) started to accept and befriend her. Although the way Heather hosted Gretchen that one time in her master bathroom and nowhere else in her house still makes me chuckle---Fancypants is such a great stealth bitch.

The weirdest Gretchen friendship is between her and the "Shahs of Sunset" cast---she actually was at several of their parties they were filming for the show, which makes me wonder how desperately she was trying to make sure she and Slade got screentime. It's amazing she doesn't ruthlessly hang out at SUR hoping to befriend the cast of "Vanderpump Rules" but I guess she's a bit too long in the tooth to hang with that crew.

• Love 7

Pointless chintz is always faux pas.  Gretchen decorates like a tacky teen with a decent allowance, and Khloe Kardashisn, or rather Khloe on a Homegoods budget.  She is so thirsty her hands must look like prunes.  Go away lady.  Your ass is done.    Vicki is clinging to her because she has no one at all to be with, and Gretchen is hoping to use Vicki.  What a life. 

• Love 6
On 2/9/2017 at 4:30 PM, sarivon said:

I just saw a Listerine commercial and I think it features Slade. I didn't see it on youtube so I can't post it but it sure looked like him.

This one makes sense to me.  Who hasn't felt the need to gargle when seeing Slade.

I just typically do it with scotch....

• Love 18
On 2/11/2017 at 6:06 AM, bosawks said:

This one makes sense to me.  Who hasn't felt the need to gargle when seeing Slade.

I just typically do it with scotch....

Booyah Bosawks.  You always enter the situation in a big way.  Slades greasy ass looks like he has advanced gingivitis and such.  Also, good for Listerine, as his quote can't be but Fifty bucks. 

• Love 4

Not Slade. If it was they'd be crowing about it on social media. I know Bravo has been running several commercials using their reality stars but generally commercial casting agents take care to use actors that don't pull focus from the product and using Slade with his baggage might do that.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Not Slade. If it was they'd be crowing about it on social media. I know Bravo has been running several commercials using their reality stars but generally commercial casting agents take care to use actors that don't pull focus from the product and using Slade with his baggage might do that.

Good point.

• Love 1

I just wonder (and I wonder this about Heidi & Spencer Pratt, as well...), if they were every day people, would they still be together?  Like is "coupledom" their "brand", which is getting them...somewhere-ish?  as in not starving and homeless?

that sounds kind of miserable...as in, I know that both couples are probably aware (as much as they deny it) that they're not Tom & Gisele, that we're all kind of laughing *at* them?  I don't think it'd be worth it to be trapped, if in fact they are.

• Love 2
On February 27, 2017 at 0:33 PM, MrSmith said:

The video on that page wouldn't load. However, I found this one and I am certain that's Slade.

I agree -- looks like Slade has realized he's aged out of the brooding young model segment and is pursuing more commercial Everyman spots.

I actually think Slade has become more attractive with age.  Too bad he's an unemployed 50 year old who is an immature jerk.  He'd be a hot commodity if he had a middle management job and a 401k. 

• Love 1

Oh no, that dude in the commercial is so not Slade; if anything, he's indeed a shlubbier looking version of Slade. As gross as I find his persona overall, Slade at least appears more physically attractive/livelier than the haggard-looking actor on that commercial. And yes, Slade & Gretchen are still the ultimate self-promoters who would never allow a commercial appearance to dare go unmentioned.

I'm seriously considering quitting hate-following Gretchen on Snapchat because she's such an insufferable over-Snapper, especially on Sundays. She shares sermons and endless religious programs she claims to watch on her laptop, and her godawful home decorating/flower-arranging snaps are almost too ridiculous to believe. I just can't understand how a woman of her supposed means in life has such bad taste...

• Love 5

Is Gretchen Christine Beauty still a thing? Stephanie Nicole (a very respected popular YouTube Beauty Guru who's day job is being a broker/account executive selling product lines to Sephora, Ulta, and Sally's) posted a pic meeting her at Cosmoprof. 

I'm actually surprised she'd post that since Stephanie is up there ^ in the beauty community. The pic was liked by Viseart which is the highest end / quality eyeshadow in the world. So good press day for Gretchen. Also to shop at Cosmoprof you need a commercial cosmetology license, be a licensed nail tech,  or provide proof you own a salon. So interesting Gretchen was there she doesn't seem like the type to study or do it by the book, IMHO. She and Slade were very cheap and sketchy, in fact, so I'm not sure what's up there. 

On 2/27/2017 at 11:33 AM, MrSmith said:

The video on that page wouldn't load. However, I found this one and I am certain that's Slade.

It's him. It's also funny that he's playing the dad in this,  since he's known as a deadbeat dad. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It's him. It's also funny that he's playing the dad in this,  since he's known as a deadbeat dad. 

Nope, definitely not Slade---that actor's face/nose is rounder, his ears stick out more and his hair falls differently than Slade's. 

Fugly actor:

IMG_1142.PNG

Fugly Slade:

IMG_1139.PNG

Edited by Sun-Bun
I actually went to the bother of Googling Slade and inserting these pics and am deeply ashamed of myself now. Get a life, Sun-Bun!!
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Nope, definitely not Slade---that actor's face/nose is rounder, his ears stick out more and his hair falls differently than Slade's. 

Fugly actor:

IMG_1142.PNG

Fugly Slade:

IMG_1139.PNG

Oh yeah. The nose is completely different. Why would they hire an actor who looks so scruffy? That half shaved look isn't actually popular, is it? I mean unless it's a virus looking man,  something neither of the two pictures above are.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I agree it's not Slade. Unfortunately for that actor in the commercial, he is not a hot looking guy. Slade is hot. However Slade has no other redeeming qualities. 

Ok, I have heard this before, even Vicky said that he is hot.  I don't see it, but I guess to each his own... Something is off about him.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ok, I have heard this before, even Vicky said that he is hot.  I don't see it, but I guess to each his own... Something is off about him.

In the 10 year history of RHOC Slade is IMO, the only good looking husband/boyfriend. As long as he keeps his mouth shut and I can pretend he's not a loser, deadbeat, user,  egotistical, worthless skank! :)

• Love 3

I thought Slade looked like a goober back in his "successful " days, but in his 'po scruffy days he seems much more attractive.  It seems the 'po days haven't ended yet BTW. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Fugly actor:

IMG_1142.PNG

Fugly Slade:

IMG_1139.PNG

Great sleuthing, Sun-bun. I thought it was Slade when we discussed this a few months back but you're correct, it's not him. Actually, the actor (to my eyes) looks like Slade crossed with Kenneth Branagh:

Ken-Branagh-high-res.jpg

• Love 2
On 7/19/2017 at 10:25 AM, chenoa333 said:

In the 10 year history of RHOC Slade is IMO, the only good looking husband/boyfriend. As long as he keeps his mouth shut and I can pretend he's not a loser, deadbeat, user,  egotistical, worthless skank! :)

Eddie.  Eddie is a handsome man.

None hold a candle to Mauricio though.

• Love 9

I agree on Eddie being handsome.  Add that laid back personality and natural friendliness, and Eddie is quite the catch.   I dig the guy a lot.  

Laugh at me if you want, but I found Laurie 's wallet to be attractive.  And Lynnne Curtin's skeezer husband too.  

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I agree on Eddie being handsome.  Add that laid back personality and natural friendliness, and Eddie is quite the catch.   I dig the guy a lot.  

Laugh at me if you want, but I found Laurie 's wallet to be attractive.  And Lynnne Curtin's skeezer husband too.  

That's some funny shit Mu Shu! I totally forgot about him. Seemed like a decent guy who deserved better than Lynn....like maybe an Orange County CA 8. Lynn is an OC CA 3! 

15 hours ago, dosodog said:

Eddie.  Eddie is a handsome man.

I love Eddie for his consistency in being able to stay out of the HoWives b.s. and conduct himself with dignity, self respect and common sense. And he stands his ground on not wanting to have a baby with a 50 year old woman (or ANY woman). Tamra needs to do some research on the increased risk of birth defects in women over 35. And Tamra (who called Vicki an "old lady") is only a few years younger than Vicki. And yes, I forgot about Mauricio. So I retract my original statement, and Slade is NOT number one!  Lol. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, dosodog said:

How can I laugh at you when I kind of have a crush on Ken from BH.  

His kindness towards animals, melts my heart.

I am hopelessly IN LOVE with Ken, and not the least bit ashamed to admit it.  :-)

Slade is a creeper, and always was. {shudders}

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

o-WOOF-facebook1.jpg

• Love 8
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, dosodog said:

Agreed.  (and whoever said Frank Curtin...I see the East-Coast ragamuffin charm.)

I heard the funniest thing on a podcast, though (can't remember which one...Trash Talk or Bitch Sesh, most likely).  They were talking about Mauricio, and they were like "when the handsomest guy we've got looks like John Torturro, what is that saying?"  LOL

Edited by teapot
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, teapot said:

Agreed.  (and whoever said Frank Curtin...I see the East-Coast ragamuffin charm.)

I heard the funniest thing on a podcast, though (can't remember which one...Trash Talk or Bitch Sesh, most likely).  They were talking about Mauricio, and they were like "when the handsomest guy we've got looks like John Torturro, what is that saying?"  LOL

That had to be Bitch Sesh only because it would take Ronnie and Ben forever to come up with John Turturro's name.

• Love 1

I think we can all agree that Crooks was the fugliest mongrel on any franchise.  But I must admit, I was cheering him on to bilk Vicki out of a full set of snap in dentures, a hair system, and a spray tan or two.   I feel we were cheated out of his six thousand dollar man makeover.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I think we can all agree that Crooks was the fugliest mongrel on any franchise.  But I must admit, I was cheering him on to bilk Vicki out of a full set of snap in dentures, a hair system, and a spray tan or two.   I feel we were cheated out of his six thousand dollar man makeover.  

I will always be eternally thankful to Crooks simply for bringing this one hilarious statement to national television: ((while talking all about Vikki's son))

"I think he's the bomb-dot-COMMMM." 

To this day my husband and I still use that line incessantly as one of our goofy little inside jokes, but only while delivered with complete earnestness and with Crooks' signature Southern drawl.

• Love 2

I am watching some of the older season episodes that have been on lately.  What's funny about Gretchen is she has never changed her look.  She came on the show, what, in 2010? 2011?  Fast forward to today, she dresses the same, wears her hair exactly the same, same makeup, same jewelry, same lipstick color, same pageant gown dresses.  It's not very current or in style.  Her face looks different because she has aged and tried to correct this with plastic surgery.  The pageant look, rhinestone hair clip on one side, it's so dated. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Gretchen always dressed like she was going to a murder mystery costume party.

Former Real Housewife Gretchen is like the California discount version of Former Socialite Tinsley Mortimer on RH of NYC: both desperately cling to their dated pageant princess style and long blonde hair/extensions, both overdress/style themselves in girly-girl ruffles and lace like 70's country singers, both are over 35 but dress/act like they're still 25, both are whiney drama queens who like to get drunk....only I actually enjoy Tinsley's disarming onscreen persona, unlike the wannabe thirst that Gretchen typically projects. 

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 7
On 9/20/2017 at 9:08 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Former Real Housewife Gretchen is like the California discount version of Former Socialite Tinsley Mortimer on RH of NYC: both desperately cling to their dated pageant princess style and long blonde hair/extensions, both overdress/style themselves in girly-girl ruffles and lace like 70's country singers, both are over 35 but dress/act like they're still 25, both are whiney drama queens who like to get drunk....only I actually enjoy Tinsley's disarming onscreen persona, unlike the wannabe thirst that Gretchen typically projects. 

Tinsely at least seems like a nice person with a basic sense of decency. Gretchen? Comes off like a total snake in the grass. Out for herself at all costs, but hides behind this pretense of niceness and even victimization. I actually find Gretchen somewhat fascinating because I think there is something pathological about her. Remember her weird sexualized relationship with her Dad in Season 4?

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Tinsely at least seems like a nice person with a basic sense of decency. Gretchen? Comes off like a total snake in the grass. Out for herself at all costs, but hides behind this pretense of niceness and even victimization. I actually find Gretchen somewhat fascinating because I think there is something pathological about her. Remember her weird sexualized relationship with her Dad in Season 4?

Ew,  I do indeed remember the pool noodle incident.  That was messed up.  I hope I was drunk and thought I saw it but didn't really.  

Gretchen is a weirdo.  

• Love 3
On 9/22/2017 at 3:49 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Oh I agree on that---style-wise they might be oddly similar, but Tinsley otherwise seems far more sweet and down-to-earth, not to mention bravely honest about being real onscreen. Gretchen is creepy in how determined she is to control and protect her onscreen persona.

She definitely had sociopathic tendencies; just look how she so quickly turned on her buddy Alexis as soon as Tamara and Heather let her into their cool chick clique; but then again, I don't trust anyone who'd dare to choose someone as equally sociopathic and evil as Tamara as a bestie.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Oh I agree on that---style-wise they might be oddly similar, but Tinsley otherwise seems far more sweet and down-to-earth, not to mention bravely honest about being real onscreen. Gretchen is creepy in how determined she is to control and protect her onscreen persona.

She definitely had sociopathic tendencies; just look how she so quickly turned on her buddy Alexis as soon as Tamara and Heather let her into their cool chick clique; but then again, I don't trust anyone who'd dare to choose someone as equally sociopathic and evil as Tamara as a bestie.

Well, at least a sociopath (Tamra) has some empathy, even if its only a small amount, whereas a psychopath (Vicki) has zero empathy for others at all. So.....better to side with the sociopath than the psychopath IMO. LOL

• Love 5

Evolution of Gretchen-gets married in her prime child bearing years to a man in her age range, divorced him because he liked to sit on the couch.  Spends her waning child bearing years chasing a sick older man who doesn't want to marry her or give  her a child, and is now forty years old and shacking up with an older man who not only doesn't want any more kids, he can't physically produce anymore with out medical intervention, lots of luck and money.  Oh, and he's an unemployed loser.

Gretchen is her own worst enemy.  She could have had anything she wanted.  I alternate between being repulsed by her and sympathetic towards her.  

• Love 7
On 9/20/2017 at 9:52 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Gretchen always dressed like she was going to a murder mystery costume party.

On 9/20/2017 at 8:22 PM, booboopbedoo said:

Gretchen looks like a model from Fredericks of Hollywood

Horrible 1960 Dolly Parton look!

On 9/20/2017 at 6:24 PM, FamilyVan said:

I am watching some of the older season episodes that have been on lately.  What's funny about Gretchen is she has never changed her look.  She came on the show, what, in 2010? 2011?  Fast forward to today, she dresses the same, wears her hair exactly the same, same makeup, same jewelry, same lipstick color, same pageant gown dresses.  It's not very current or in style.  Her face looks different because she has aged and tried to correct this with plastic surgery.  The pageant look, rhinestone hair clip on one side, it's so dated. 

Omg LOL to all of this. I don't remember which genius said way back when on three forums that her entire jaw looked like a prosthesis, but to this day it can still make me cry laughing.

I find her to be very unattractive, but I also have a pet peeve for women who feel the need to completely transform their faces like a mask with makeup.

• Love 3