Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Dead Reckoning

The James faces off against a new foe who demands Chandler hand over Rachel and her research. When Chandler refuses, he and his crew are put to the test as Chandler engages in a series of risky strategic moves. But it turns out their new enemy has his own horse in the race to find a cure for the virus.
But it turns out their new enemy has his own horse in the race to find a cure for the virus.

Russian ship has its own lab and is developing its own cure ?  And they want the Americans researchers so that they can have the monopoly on the cure and profit from it.

Russian ship captain has an infected wife/child/parent and the clock is ticking ?

(edited)

When this series started, I was wondering how it was going to pad the story to last 10 episodes.  I actually appreciate the fact that they're not hurrying through everything.  This episode was exciting.  I thought the chess game between Chandler and the Russian Admiral was well done.  But how on earth will the cure allow the Admiral to rule the world?  If there's hardly anyone left, and the survivors are scattered all over the globe it's not like he'd have a consolidated power base.  And I doubt money is worth much any more.  It just seemed like an odd rational for his behavior.  I would rather he had been a rabid Russian 'for the Motherland' type desperate to save every Russian he could and convinced the Americans wouldn't share the cure. That would have been a cliche but so's the power mad military despot.

I thought the guy in quarantine on the Russian ship was a cool twist.  I assume he's a Typhoid Mary?  He has the virus but doesn't get affected by it?  Why wouldn't his blood be enough to create a cure?  He seems crazy, which is realistic for someone who is immune to something he knows is killing millions and millions of people.

I heartily disliked the stupid mission guy who slowed down and told his girlfriend to jump off the boat and then later blamed her for his stupidity. 

Edited by Frost
(edited)

I'm sorry, but who were the guys the Russians killed?

Have we seen them before? 

Also, I've decided that this show needs more homoeroticism.  Let's Top Gun this shit up!

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 3
(edited)

So, the Russians were already near the US east coast and fired the ballistic missile nuke on Paris, France ?  Why -- because that makes no sense ?  To scare the Nathan James back to the US -- that's ridiculous !!  Remember the fallout that didn't happen, because the prevailing winds on a nuclear blast over Paris are from the west.

Russian cruiser admiral is cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs -- for killing his own people.  Accompanied with slight delusions of god-hood.

Much like 'The 100' which was quickly an incorrect title, the Last Ship is definitely not the Last Ship thanks to the Russians (at least their Last Ship is nuclear-powered, which is what you want in a apocalypse).  Plus, there have to be lots of US Navy nuclear subs roaming around the globe that have below the waves for the last 4 months so I'm not buying the whole 'Last Ship' nonsense.

Ruskoff had to have stopped off in the UK to acquire Quincy's wife and daughter (since Quincy's wife delayed the Nathan James from leaving a UK port around 4 months ago).  How did the Russians manage to find them when (let alone find them uninfected) and manage not to get infected went they went looking for them since Ruskoff didn't believe in CBRN suits.

"Knock the nipples off a chicken at a 1000 yards" -- that's a new saying I've never heard before to describe rifle accuracy.

If there's no moon, how come it's so bright out -- and how come it's high tide when they are travelling at night if their is no moon out ?  Last time I checked, the gravitational pull of the moon controls the tides.

Despite the fact that they showed them making these ever so slight 5 degree course corrections before entering the tight coral-encrusted channel, it doesn't help when they show the full ship directly afterwards and you can see the wake of the ship behind them where it appears they were doing donuts and burnouts at flank speed (cough, cough ... stock footage to be used whenever appropriate).  Sloppy editing not to take that kind of stuff out with CGI.

How hell did Foster and SEAL dude get away from the Russian cruiser without getting shot ?  Let alone how did the RIB not get shot up during the retrieval.  I suppose anything to get Foster in a wet T-shirt (because Michael Bay knows how to pander to his male audiences).

And the 'I love you, now stay away from me' trope -- awe !!!!!!!!

And the doctor on the Russian cruiser is obviously infected thanks to the sealed off room.
Where did the Russians get an English researcher (because he didn't sound Russian) -- on the stop-off to pickup Quincy's wife and daughter ?  How do they know he's a carrier ?

They were probably wearing redshirts under their SCUBA suits, so it doesn't really matter.  I guess that puts the headcount at 214 Navy personnel on the ship.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

Also, I've decided that this show needs more homoeroticism.  Let's Top Gun this shit up!

XO: Captain yesterday I caught a couple of men giving each other that look. While discussing playing shirtless beach volleyball. Also the female crewmen are showering together to conserve water.

Captain: Damn it!!  XO The world needs repopulating, We don't have time for no stinking homosapphiceroticism.

• Love 2

I thought the scientist on board the Russian ship was Sergei, Quincy's friend.  Ruskoff had said he had been killed, but that could easily have been a ruse.

And it was a serious miscalculation on his part to scatter his officer's head all over the quarters in front of his other staff, and then shrug it off as "just another mouth to feed."  That might work for a short while, but when word gets out, he could likely be the one less mouth.  After all, the crew has no fear of repercussions from Moscow.

So, Ruskov was blind to the good guys.  Why the hell didn't they finish off the disabled Russke vessel????  One shot, it's over.  Oops.  That would mean we couldn't have a chase, huh.

I love you.  Stay away from me.  Vomit.  I am sick to virtual death of these foxhole love dramas.  They had seen the female Lt. and he knew it.  They were dead, or they could play out the mission and have a chance.  But, noooooooooooooo.  

The drama of the BIG challenge to the captain by the spy?  Laughable.  That captain would have done some simple math.  One woman v. millions.  Blecch.

I most enjoyed when the American captain told Ruskov's crew what Ruskov had done.      

• Love 1
(edited)

"I love you!  Now, stay away from me!"  One of the worst declarations of love ever!   Yeah, this entire story-line is so laughably ridiculous.  Of course, the woman would get sent on a dangerous mission, and he would freak out like this.  They went the whole nine yards, here.  First, had him try to convince the captain not to do it.  Then, when that failed, he got himself to be the driver.  And, then, he almost fucked up the mission, by trying to get her to bail early.  Almost boned the entire ship.  Yeah, so dumb and condescending. And I'm sure the angst is far from over.

Man, Ruskov was a straight-up Bond villain.  Shoot on his officers in the head, just to freak out Captain Eric Dane?  Yeah, why not.  I'm sure that will in no way, freak out everyone else on his ship.  And, as Dane pointed out, pretty much all of his threats early on were useless, because he was going to nuke their ship, as long as the research and Dr. Rhona Mirta were still on board.

Meanwhile, the traitor, spy guy just ended up being another one of those "They had my family!  I had no choice!!" guys.

I'm guessing they're going somewhere with the Navy guys not caring too much for John Pyper-Fergeson's character.

I did like that this episode finally let Commander Adam Baldwin get his snark on.  Not the best lines to say the least, but I'll take whatever wiseass Adam Baldwin, I can get.

Edited by thuganomics85

Oh one more russian clkiche, the admiral plays classical music all the time.

But you know, for a military genius he seemed to lack basic strategic intuition. He accepts what he sees at face value. No doublechecking, no trying to get another perspective, no suspicion that the americans might catch the mole and then try to pull something. How did he survive the climb to his current rank?

Also: are military vessels still limited to that single pulse sweep radar? I would have thought that by now they'd be using multiphase/multifrequency signals so that they'd get more information from their echos than just X amount of metal at Y distance out.

• Love 1
(edited)

I, too, was confused about who Bubble Boy was. At first I assumed it was the thought-to-be-dead Sergei. But then he didn't have an accent (Sergei seems like more of a name given to a native Russian speaker, I would think?) But then, I thought I heard (an attempt at) an accent? So maybe he IS supposed to have one? Admittedly, I my attention was wandering. Anyone else catch this piece of info?

Did that researcher on the Russian ship *eat* that mouse alive??

I thought that's what they were going to go for, but then he kind of... breathed on it. Like people do when trying to clean their glasses. Was the mouse some sort of test subject?

Edited by StatMom

Did that researcher on the Russian ship *eat* that mouse alive??

At first I thought that was what he was going to do. Like I said, V flashbacks. But as StatMom said, he just breathed on it. If he is infected, he probably infected the mouse. It must be some sort of test subject for his research.
(edited)
But how on earth will the cure allow the Admiral to rule the world?  If there's hardly anyone left, and the survivors are scattered all over the globe it's not like he'd have a consolidated power base.  And I doubt money is worth much any more.  It just seemed like an odd rational for his behavior.  I would rather he had been a rabid Russian 'for the Motherland' type desperate to save every Russian he could and convinced the Americans wouldn't share the cure. That would have been a cliche but so's the power mad military despot.

Yeah, I'm having trouble buying that the Russian captain would focus on "I'm King of the World!" fantasies when the world's population has just been wiped out within the last 4 months.  

If Bubble Boy is somehow immune and a carrier, then you'd think they'd want to get him hooked up with the American scientist so they could find a cure.  After THAT, then maybe they can fight it out to be King of the Dead World, although one would hope that they'd decide there's no point in continuing nationalistic rivalries when there are only 400 people left in that world.  You'd think they'd have more important things to focus on, like what to do with all the dead bodies everywhere.

Edited by izabella
Was I the only one who got flashbacks to V at the end when the researcher was holding the mouse?

I totally thought he was gonna swallow Mickey whole. And then realized how stupid and nonsensical that was, but V runs strong.

Yeah, the trope of Big Bad Russian Who Vants to Rrrrule da Vorld! is such a tired cliche, plus what world? Sure, being the Big Boss is great, and if your followers are few but loyal, you can establish a decent kingdom pretty quickly, but really. Russia is HUGE, isn't that enough to rule as a starter dictator?

This show is so much better when it sticks to military procedural action scenes. I thought the passage through the channel was well done. 

However everything else is weak. I don't understand the motivation of the mustache twirling Russian captain. (Who should probably learn to sleep with one eye open after he murdered an officer in front of the others.) And the less said about our couple, the better. 

I'm guessing that they were two of the Marines assigned to the Nathan James. In the pilot we saw maybe 6-8 of them about to board (along with the dog). One died on the cruise ship and two more were killed by the Russians, so the lieutenant doesn't have that many guys left in his squad.

• Love 1

I enjoyed the "I love you.  Now stay away from me" bit.  It cracked me up.  And what will her staying away from him accomplish?  He's still going to love her and he's still going to worry about her, but now he doesn't get to sneak around and make out with her.  I just loved the stupidity of his thinking.  It made him seem like a real person instead of a cardboard character.  His inability to accept that she was a serving Naval officer clearly capable of performing her duties and assignments was less charming and I hate that trope.  Why can't the guy accept that his competent GF is the best person for the assignment and do everything he can to support her instead of over-protecting and undermining?  The Russians didn't really get a good look at her until he slowed down the craft so they could argue, and if the Captain and XO don't suspect something's going on between the Lieutenants, it's because they're choosing not to look too closely now. 

At least two of the Russian officers were side-eying their Captain; the guy with the dark hair and the other guy with the reddish beard seemed likely to mutiny at a moment's notice.  I wish them success.  My PVR cut off the very end so all I saw was some guy (played by an actor I recognized but couldn't name) behind plastic.  So he's a scientist too?  The not-so-dead Sergei? 

• Love 1

I most enjoyed when the American captain told Ruskov's crew what Ruskov had done.

Me too. Score one for linguistics and closed captions!

I did like that this episode finally let Commander Adam Baldwin get his snark on.  Not the best lines to say the least, but I'll take whatever wiseass Adam Baldwin, I can get.

Yes. More please. <begin Russian Grandma's accent>Or your leetle show will die!</end accent>

I totally thought he was gonna swallow Mickey whole. And then realized how stupid and nonsensical that was, but V runs strong.

I know!
  • Love 1

The reef approach was exciting and all, but if that explosion was powerful enough to blow a big hole clean through the reef, they were so close to it I would think they'd have taken some damage.

I noticed they CGIed in a big close explosion, but showed absolutely no shock wave moving through the water. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Evil Russian - How James Bond!. Ruskov was power-mad-evil, but when he shot his officer - I was like, bad move, dude. There is no more world left. If you honestly expect loyalty from your crew - good luck. And like others have mentioned - what is he fighting for? Piles of rotting corpses? All of the gold in the world? Russia to take over the planet's landmass? Because it sounds like most of civilation is over with - ala Walking Dead. So what's the appeal?

Why can't we all get along!!!

Sergei with the mouse - oh, total V vibe to it. I really thought he was going to chow down, but no, he just breathed on it. So yeah, he's Typhoid Mary. Infected but immune/not contagious. But seriously - Dr. Scott is the ONLY scientist in the world who can figure out a clue. NO ONE anywhere else in the world? And what about access to equipment and everything? *rolls eyes*

"I love you. Now stay away from me." Huh. Nice. You are an ass sir. That comment angered me too, what with the recent wave of sexist decisions/opinions that I've read recently in the news about woman. Yeah, sure. Woman are supposed to be the weak ones. Please. I'll have her (and her hilarious comment) as a competent leader than Emotional Muscles anyday.

How did they pick those two up, though? They both jumped off the boat, very close to the Russian ship. I doubt they could swim that far. So how did the Nathan James get close enough to pick them up, but avoid being noticed and fired upon by a ship that clearly outclasses them???

Anyone with radar knowledge - can that much tinfoil be enough to bounce back a fake a radar signature??

Edited by HalcyonDays
How did they pick those two up, though? They both jumped off the boat, very close to the Russian ship. I doubt they could swim that far. So how did the Nathan James get close enough to pick them up, but avoid being noticed and fired upon by a ship that clearly outclasses them???

I was wondering the same thing.  I didn't see any motors attached to them, so how the hell could they swim so far to be out of radar range to the Russians?  The only other thing I could think of was that Nathan James had another boat hiding nearby to pick them up and speed away, but even then they didn't show anything like that and I still have doubts it would have worked too.

I guess the Russian scientist, even with his own primordial sample, couldn't figure out a cure and that's why he needed the other doctor?

Wow, for an alleged naval genius, Ruskov is really incredibly stupid.  "Oh, I'm gonna blow up your ship if you don't give me samples and the doctor because I really really desparately want/need them and blowing up your ship is the perfect way to get them".  Then apparently he's directed his officers to raise their guns at the dude not carrying a gun but stand by idly when all the dudes with guns pointing at them enter the room?  Ok.  Then there's shooting his officer in front of his other men because that's a great way to put fear into your enemies and instill faith in your own officers.  Right.  And he's totally ok with shooting his own officer but apparently terrified that the Nathan James will shoot his raft sniper team dead.  What?  Then there's the dumb as fuck evil plan to take over a world that no longer exists.  Why does the villain have to be so terribly stupid?  There's nothing believable about this dude at all.  At least last week's terrorists had a believable reason for going all commando - they've been locked up for years and have little connection with the outside world now, not to mention little reason to believe their captors.  

Emotional Muscles (love that name, btw!) needs to be demoted immediately.  He's a liability.  His totally unprofessional and undisciplined behavior on the radio when directing the scuba team would never fly.  It would be so lovely if Kara spoke up about his whole "I love you to the point of killing everyone on board so stay away from me" speech because, hello, huge liability this dude is.  There's nothing romantic or sympathetic about his behavior simply because he's in love.  It's disgusting and patronizing.  Considering how much they've dumbed up the villain, I'm sort of worried this will turn into commentary about women in combat.  Like Emotional Muscles might suggest that their best sharp shooter be removed from teams that require sharp shooting because he just can't operate properly with her around and Chandler will totally buy it.  Ugh.  

I still can't believe they didn't put the good ole boys on a nuclear ship.  The writers are apparently aware that these exist.  There's no need for fuel drama when they have all this other drama.  They'd still need to go to shore, they'd still need to find the cure, they'd still probably be encountering pirates and evil non-Americans.  This fuel drama will probably become inconsistent because they will be able to circumnavigate the globe in one episode and then need refueling after going from Hawaii to California in another episode.  

Still, you wouldn't know this by my commentary but I'm still enjoying the show.  lol

My current theory is that bubble guy is the scientist who weaponized the virus. Of course his brilliant research effort was rejected by the US military - because they don’t like to be portrayed in a bad light and Michael Bay would lose his access to all that navy hardware - and he had to turn to the evil Russians to carry on with his work.

I’m not sure why he would be immune, but probably he used his own DNA to make the virus and through some scientific hocus pocus abracadabra, all of a sudden he’s immune.

Some lab accident released the virus into the world, because that is what happens when mad scientists fool with mother nature, and now he needs Dr. Scott because he only knows how to make bioweapons, not cures. And it has to be only Dr. Scott because it’s going to turn out that he is her ex-husband/boyfriend/mentor whom she left because he was dabbling in forces beyond his control.

All that is so cliche that I will totally laugh my ass off if it turns out to be true.

• Love 5

Sergei with the mouse - oh, total V vibe to it. I really thought he was going to chow down, but no, he just breathed on it. So yeah, he's Typhoid Mary. Infected but immune/not contagious. But seriously - Dr. Scott is the ONLY scientist in the world who can figure out a clue. NO ONE anywhere else in the world? And what about access to equipment and everything? *rolls eyes*

I don't get that either. Her research associate (the mole) has been with her for years, so he should know almost everything she does. The Russian captain should have been happy to get him. That would give them the primordial sample (assuming they were smart enough to pick some up while they were up North). Infected samples and someone that is apparently immune. Their effort would be far ahead of Dr. Scott's. 

I still can't believe they didn't put the good ole boys on a nuclear ship.  The writers are apparently aware that these exist.  There's no need for fuel drama when they have all this other drama. 

That subplot works for me. I'm pretty sure that the only nuclear propelled US warships are carriers and submarines. 

• Love 1

That subplot works for me. I'm pretty sure that the only nuclear propelled US warships are carriers and submarines. 

I'm fairly unconcerned about the exact make up of the US fleet of warships because it's not really relevant to the show.  The show is not at all true to military behavior or even reality at times.  The entire premise of the show requires us to believe that the captain of a ship would not be notified that his cargo was the last hope for humanity.   Doesn't mean that the lack of realism prevents me from enjoying a show.  I accept that all tv is a sort of hyper reality.  

The reason the subplot doesn't work for me is because I find it unnecessary.  There are already significant roadblocks our protagonists will need to navigate.  Several of these roadblocks will require trips to shore.  Another roadblock requiring a shore trip just feels cluttered, an extra barrier to advancing the the A plot.  I mean, this isn't going to prevent me from continuing to watch the show and it's not like I didn't move past the pilot without the full knowledge that this was not going to be a plot-driven show.  It's just something that makes me roll my eyes because it feels like it's stuck in there as a safeguard for when they don't have enough A plot material so need to load up an episode with all the little subplots.  

The "hit a chicken's nipples from 1000 yds" girl took her time to land some shots to the crew of the russian boat, perhaps it was because her boat was moving? or the lights blinded her? well at least she shot some..

How the Russians let them get rescued? wouldn't they see another boat coming from them? or are they very fast swimmers and got away that fast?

How the Russians let them get rescued? wouldn't they see another boat coming from them? or are they very fast swimmers and got away that fast?

My guess is jet packs on their backs that propelled them through the water.

I wasn't really interested in this episode until the last 15 minutes, mainly because the eeeeevil Russians were so so stupid. The execution of the plan for getting them out of Gitmo was fun and had some decent tension to it (though of course it wasn't surprising that they got through all safe and sound) but I think that was pretty much the highlight of the episode for me-- that and the end with the man who appears to be Patient Zero.

I haven't bothered to learn anyone's names yet, but to the girl and guy having Romantical Problems: he was being a douche and dickhead and I'm glad she wouldn't let him pawn off his bullshit on her. There are other fish in the sea, honey! Surely there's someone else on that ship you could hook up with.

• Love 1

About other fish in the sea, let's say only the ship's crew are the last humans on Earth, re-populating is going to be hard, it's like 10 women in the whole boat right?

Maybe they could rescue the scientist's wife from the Russians or something.

This is assuming every single country recalled every single vessel of their navy home when the outbreak started, also assuming that every single other vessel on the seas returned immediately to a port and only the Nathan James and Russian vessels are still out at sea with no fears of infection spreading on board.  We're already starting off with a very shaky premise here, especially since the last ship isn't actually the last ship, at least at this point.  The doctor still said there's a 20% survival rate with this illness, which would put the world population at at least around one billion.  The two survivors on shore we've seen (acting president and Captain's wife) are women.  I really don't think there will be a problem with repopulation.  There are other fish in the sea for lady sniper, though she should probably stick with the fish in her crew since she may not possess the biology to survive the infection should she seek a fish among the one billion survivors.  

About other fish in the sea, let's say only the ship's crew are the last humans on Earth, re-populating is going to be hard, it's like 10 women in the whole boat right?

Maybe they could rescue the scientist's wife from the Russians or something.

That was the plot of the source novel. Only everybody was proving sterile. So the men were taking turns all trying to impregnate the few women.

I didn't get that either. The geography on this episode confused the hell out of me. Seemingly, the US ship was moving away from the Russian ship. I don't get how they managed to backtrack and pick up Danny and Kara. Honestly, this show has some pretty impressive action sequences, but the dialogue is so hokey and the story itself is one cliche after another. Does anyone know if this thing is supposed to last beyond one season?

The current TV Guide article on the show mentions that the Russian ship will continue to be a menace during "the first season's 10-episode run". I think it will depend on ratings.. It's got silly moments, but I'm enjoying the action sequences.

This is assuming every single country recalled every single vessel of their navy home when the outbreak started, also assuming that every single other vessel on the seas returned immediately to a port and only the Nathan James and Russian vessels are still out at sea with no fears of infection spreading on board.  We're already starting off with a very shaky premise here, especially since the last ship isn't actually the last ship, at least at this point.  The doctor still said there's a 20% survival rate with this illness, which would put the world population at at least around one billion.  The two survivors on shore we've seen (acting president and Captain's wife) are women.  I really don't think there will be a problem with repopulation.  There are other fish in the sea for lady sniper, though she should probably stick with the fish in her crew since she may not possess the biology to survive the infection should she seek a fish among the one billion survivors.  

I don't recall the doctor saying there was a 20% survival rate.  I thought she said the last she had heard 80% of the world's population was infected.  I thought it was implied that everyone or almost everyone that was infected died.

I don't recall the doctor saying there was a 20% survival rate.  I thought she said the last she had heard 80% of the world's population was infected.  I thought it was implied that everyone or almost everyone that was infected died.

Yeah, I rewatched it and you're right.  I assumed at the time she meant that the mortality rate was at 80%, not that the infection had only reached 80% of the world thus far.  

If there's no moon, how come it's so bright out -- and how come it's high tide when they are travelling at night if their is no moon out ?  Last time I checked, the gravitational pull of the moon controls the tides.

During new moon and full moon phases the amplitude of the tides are the largest : very low tides and very high tides because Moon, Earth and Sun are aligned so the gravitanional pull of the moon is combined with the gravitanional pull of the sun.

There is no credible explanation for the bright outdoors except the public must see something of the action I reckon ! 

• Love 1

Oh, this show.  It's so ridiculously over the top and has some truly terrible dialogue, but I have to say that I find it really entertaining.  Yeah, the guy that told his girlfriend, "I love you, now fuck off!" was being really jerky, but he's so pretty (especially in his wet T-shirt and hoodie) that I'll just forgive him.  It is the end of the world basically, so eventually I'm sure nobody will care much about rules and regulations and he can probably openly be in a relationship with the girlfriend.  Here's hoping Eric Dane stops shaving too since he looks so much better with facial hair. 

With the peril that the crew is in every week (like terrorists firing RPGs at the Americans) I've been wondering what kind of action we'll see next.  Anthrax outbreak?  Category five hurricane?  PIRATES?  The suspense is killing me. 

• Love 1
During new moon and full moon phases the amplitude of the tides are the largest : very low tides and very high tides because Moon, Earth and Sun are aligned so the gravitanional pull of the moon is combined with the gravitanional pull of the sun.

Completely agree -- I should have stipulated that the moon is biggest contribution to the tides, as there are many factors.  But in the show they state that they will exit Gitmo at high tide in the middle of the night when there is no moon -- and that seems contradictory.

I finally saw the episode. Most of my thoughts have been covered, Evil Russian Bond Villain, Typhoid Mary Bubble Boy, Foxhole Lovers, The Traitor... The Bubble Boy was a nice surprise but too little action in this episode. The final suspense scene of "will they make it out" was not at all suspenseful.

When the Russian Captain told Chandler he had chased him arould the globe I thought he was going to add, "I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames..." 

• Love 1
(edited)
When the Russian Captain told Chandler he had chased him arould the globe I thought he was going to add, "I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames..."

Ruskov !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

With the peril that the crew is in every week (like terrorists firing RPGs at the Americans) I've been wondering what kind of action we'll see next.  Anthrax outbreak?  Category five hurricane?  PIRATES?  The suspense is killing me. 

Sharknado!

• Love 1

Whatever it is part of the solution will be firing a five inch high explosive shell at it.

So are we to assume Chandler has left the British lady & her kid to die on the Russian ship?  In reality, this would be the correct military response; no negotiating w/ terrorists, don't out the lives of many in harms way for one, etc.  But this is TV- Michael Bay TV- so I'm going to guess there will somehow be a super sneaky spy attack mission at some point to save the civilians.

I'm confused how Admiral Cuckoo for CocaoPuffski thinks he'll rule the world.  First off- it's a pretty big effin' planet and his numbers are few. You need  strong centralized government/autocracy to "rule". Second, every village and city in every country is lousy with dead rotting bodies.  How are you going to address that?  Billions of corpses can't be put into mass graves or bulldozed into lakes or oceans. The soil would be unusable for farming for a while I'd think and the water supply would be tainted.  You need land and irrigation for agriculture & pastureland.  They can't float on a boat forever without fresh food supplies.  Are they all going to become pescatarians?

I guess you could try to cremate the bodies, but that's a LOT of bodies. 

I always start watching these apocalypse-type shows being curious what the humans who remain do to survive and create some kind of lives for themselves, but it seems the focus always ends up being on humans forming groups and fighting each other to the death.  They skip over what I think would be the interesting parts to focus on violence.

• Love 2

To be fair when people are desperate they do tend to become violent so I can see how if civilization fell the wruvivors would be at each other's throats fighting over what was left. 

I can't stand traitor guy.  How the hell did the Russians even have the ability of finding this guy's wife and child while there is chaos all over the world?  How does he think that what he is doing could result in safety for his family?  How can he be dumb enough to think the Russian will keep whatever promises were made?