Type keyword(s) to search

Catfish Untold Stories Specials

I probably saw part 1 but I don't recall it. I find many of these reenacted stories more interesting than the show itself!

However, I do wish I hadn't googled blumpkin. One cannot unread that!

I only saw one part, but I don't know if it was 1 or 2. It was the one with the person impersonating the girl who survived cancer but lost an eye, and the guy who was ruining the reputation of a girl who rejected him years ago. In that one, I was very glad when Nev and Max were saying: so you got rejected-- get over it! and had no sympathy. And in the other one, I was glad the cops finally got involved when the catfisher started using the stolen identity to solicit money. I guess both cases were so egregious that they couldn't get the catfishers to participate, so they had to use actors to tell the story?

I don't remember the first one of these, but I guess it was interesting enough to maybe seek that one out.  I always find dramatizations kind of dumb, so that took away from it for me, but the stories were pretty good.  The actress playing Vicky during the "White Girl Vicky" segment was definitely a past ANTM contestant too, but I can't remember her name.  

(edited)

I don't remember the first one of these, but I guess it was interesting enough to maybe seek that one out. I always find dramatizations kind of dumb, so that took away from it for me, but the stories were pretty good. The actress playing Vicky during the "White Girl Vicky" segment was definitely a past ANTM contestant too, but I can't remember her name.

I was wondering who she was too. Finally it came to me Sundai from the petite cycle.

Edited by maya1959

Did anyone watch the latest one? I got so confused with the story with the best friend pretending to be boyfriends who died, I couldn't figure out what was going on.

Last night's episode was the first "Untold Stories" special I've seen (only because my DVR recorded it), and to be honest it was one of the most bizarre hours of television I've seen in a long time (and I love my trashy reality shows).

The whole tone of the episode was very...uncomfortable, for lack of a better word. Some of the interviews were extremely sexually explicit...but not in an overt way. It's hard to describe. For example, I didn't need to hear about one of the fake boyfriends "c*mming without touching himself." TMI.

I don't think re-enactments are ever an effective device, and something about the whole MTV / odd tone of the show reminded me of watching low-budget SNICK shows on Nickelodeon growing up. Particularly, "Are You Afraid of the Dark." Maybe that's why I was so creeped out (kept getting flashbacks of "SarDO! No Mr. Accent on the 'O'!") I think it would be more effective if they told the stories in a more traditional documentary way, with photos and graphics, more like an MTV version of "Dateline" or something.

I also loved when the catfishees would deadpan intense statements like "....and then her parents put her in a mental hospital." Or "I've always liked boys and girls equally so it wasn't really a big deal."

Sorry for the scattered thoughts...I was even stone-cold sober when I watched it. It was just...BIZARRE.

• Love 1

I don't think re-enactments are ever an effective device, and something about the whole MTV / odd tone of the show reminded me of watching low-budget SNICK shows on Nickelodeon growing up. Particularly, "Are You Afraid of the Dark." Maybe that's why I was so creeped out (kept getting flashbacks of "SarDO! No Mr. Accent on the 'O'!") I think it would be more effective if they told the stories in a more traditional documentary way, with photos and graphics, more like an MTV version of "Dateline" or something.

Yes. I don't like shows that take twice as long to tell the story with the reenactment format and repetition, but it's even worse in cases like this where it's already (insultingly) obvious what the answer to the 'mystery' is. At least half the show wasn't irrelevant 'look at me' footage of two 30 somethings clowning around airports trying to act like teens with a Youtube channel.

Edited by cheatincheetos
  • Love 2

It was annoying as hell the way Max and Nev kept trying to divert viewers to think the catfish in the first story was the random girl (Natasha, I think) who kept being skeptical about the online guys when it was blatantly obvious it was the best friend.

• Love 1

I liked the way Nev & Max made fun of the first guy after he said he realized he had feelings for the girl right after she sent him booby pictures. The last story with the hooker was strange, I still don't understand what happened to make him take down the pictures, or why hotel security didn't do something about someone running a prostitution gig out of their hotel. 

• Love 4

That first guy was pretty diabolical to go to all that trouble photoshopping and involving other people, but as is often the case, I had a very hard time sympathizing with the catfishee who (as mentioned above) fell in love with "her" after seeing naked photos, and accepted that she had lied about her photos but was some other ridiculously hot chick (just a different ethnicity every time!) THREE TIMES.

• Love 6
The last story with the hooker was strange, I still don't understand what happened to make him take down the pictures, or why hotel security didn't do something about someone running a prostitution gig out of their hotel.

We don't know that hotel security didn't do anything, but if would have come after the guys told their story downstairs (if they thought to do that) and left. For the immediate term, security wanted the noisy non-guests elsewhere. It was just prudent for the prostitution service to move elsewhere online and probably change pictures.

Since there doesn't seem to be much interest in these "Untold Stories" specials (Part 5 aired without any comment a week ago), maybe all the "Untold Stories" should be collapsed into one thread? I wasn't sure, though, so I started this one, for now.

I couldn't believe the "married with a kid" ending for the first story (Whitney and Davina). Does the show check out these stories, or are people writing what amounts to fan fiction and the show is then producing it for air?

• Love 1

Since there doesn't seem to be much interest in these "Untold Stories" specials (Part 5 aired without any comment a week ago), maybe all the "Untold Stories" should be collapsed into one thread? I wasn't sure, though, so I started this one, for now.

I couldn't believe the "married with a kid" ending for the first story (Whitney and Davina). Does the show check out these stories, or are people writing what amounts to fan fiction and the show is then producing it for air?

at this point, it has to be some sort of fan fiction.  who doesn't know about catfishing and google?

Since there doesn't seem to be much interest in these "Untold Stories" specials (Part 5 aired without any comment a week ago), maybe all the "Untold Stories" should be collapsed into one thread?

I agree. Merged!

• Love 2

"They know how to put the act breaks in just the right place". I'm not on the edge of my seat though....

Taneal was full on hypocrite there. Guess they wrote into the show to get extra attention at their wedding.

Toilet exploded. What excuse is that?

This gives "New phone, who dis" a whole new meaning.

Shut up with fake drama of acting like a misunderstanding is somehow "oh noez, serial killer" territory. 

Office prank turns out to be immature high school behavior. Don't kill the popcorn. Nev and Max take credit for something they had no involvement in, and two people are kicked off the ladder. I guess Faith WAS most likely to succeed.

Abusive diaper throwing and restricting someone from internet. Only Reasonable Penalty: Death. (Lol, I wrote this line before seeing his fate)

Ah yes, I'm familiar with laptop sneaking. Oh, and collecting mail before parents can see it.

Family Reading Time is not a great thing. This is literally stone age jail.

What a Mo-Ron.

Her dad coming down with a disease counts as a happy ending at this point. Rest in hell, church-going deceitful hick.

I'm going to guess Ron didn't have much luck with other ladies. Or this was one of Catfish's fake scripts.

Next Week: 10 parts seems like enough. Not sure why these are airing back to back. I'm terrified now that June 14th will resume the actual season.

• Love 1

They must have really run out of stories that weren't set up by the people involved. Either that or they're trying to save money on planes & hotels by not having them go anywhere.

When the single mom (Skyler?) talked about how she ended up on an Arabic message board and "all the writing looked like squiggles"! I laughed so hard I had to stop what I was doing for a full minute.

Ron is a very patient guy. Four years of zero contact. Even Jacob's Uncle Laban is like "That's a long time to make a man wait". Although, when your m.o. Is trolling Arabic chat rooms for single moms researching college options, you're probably not seeing much action.

Glad things worked out for Teneal and the Captain. No innocents here, just some lowered expectations.

I hope you all appreciate that I watched this dreck for you. Just kidding. I'm a glutton for punishment. 

This was terrible. Just so bad. I was disgusted with all the dead grandma jokes. 

Did Nev seriously get catfished while doing the show?!?  What a frigging idiot. I agree with Max.  Nev is just so dumb i can't get over it. The reenactments were hilariously cheesy though. 

• Love 5

How stupid is Nev? After all the shows he's done, he gives someone his twitter password? WTH is wrong with this man? And he still doesn't know who she is, moron.

• Love 1

-The guy picked as the avatar looks like the guy they had play the bully.

-Nev and Max are trying so hard to make colorful commentary. Just cut them out of these specials and let the audience have their own reactions, mmkay?

-Stop with the hashtag sticks and magic wands. How long will these grown men act like this for MTV?

-"Nothing says depressed like kicking a can". Nev and Max have no idea what depression is.

-I am literally so bored with this. Catfish has already done several stories with a transgender catfish, did this really need to be on UNTOLD?

-"Why aren't they watching Catfish?". Because in the last few years of her Grandma's life, she doesn't want to waste any moments like I am right now. You can make digs at The Bachelor when you prove you aren't as trash as it.

-Thanks for telling us that coming out to someone on their death bed is a real thing. Everyone needed their hand held there.

-"Dying to find out. So is Grandma". Distasteful, as are Nev's fake over the top laughs to everything Max says. Class act, even if the people in these events are probably entirely fictional.

-Dead Grandma Card....*flips table* Nev and Max clearly projecting here. They'd probably use their dying grandma to gain sympathy.

-Having a dying grandparent is a pretty common tragedy, if that's all this special is trying to say their connection is.

-"Maybe because of our show/us..." Oh my god, get off your soap boxes. You aren't causing a revolution of acceptance, people are capable of that on their own. This egotistical insertion just always seems to be a talking point this last month. Hopefully this obsession with their legacy means the show is wrapping up.

-Promise ring is better than immediate engagement. Was sure we'd get that followed by Nev and Max taking credit for the marriage.

-An award for the actors? Lmfao this hour has a lot of time to fill. "Last story". I rest my case, this installment literally only has TWO. And why is Nev a main character of one of them? :/ Max, stop pretending to not know what you signed up to react to. Transparency level is unreal.

-Is this gimmick the big Untold send-off? 

-So Nev decided to hit on one of his Catfish fangirls. How arrogant.

-1. Be an idiot

2. Make a movie/TV Show

3. ?????

4. Profit

-A driver's license. Even though that can be faked.

-Oh, this is an excuse for Nev to show off his wife on his TV show. 

-Nev went through her phone? No, that's creepy. Why are you trying to polish that?

-Feeding him memes to tweet...god I hate Twitter. Nev gives into her scheme because he's desperate for more followers/attention/money.

-Nev's tank tops are hideous. Get some new style.

-Disappearing messages and false blockings, maybe change your password dipshit.

-Good for whoever this is for taking advantage of a sucker. Burn down that reputation. I bet she has a lot of shady dirt Nev isn't going to tell us in this story version.

-"I'm not your TV show". Nev then went out and made her part of his TV show. That feels like retaliation. I'm sure Nev is hoping this story will continue and that once she sees this episode she'll do something again to give him some drama.

-Enjoy your gift basket. Whoever this is has your address and might break in one day :D 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, GenL said:

Did Nev seriously get catfished while doing the show?!?

And by someone claiming to be a model no less. How many times have he and Max derided victims for not taking that as a hint?

15 hours ago, AftermathTV said:

I am literally so bored with this. Catfish has already done several stories with a transgender catfish, did this really need to be on UNTOLD?

The other girl was hiding her weight, so you could could call this two people catfishing each other; they haven't done that as much yet, so I don't know why they glossed over it.

39 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

And by someone claiming to be a model no less. How many times have he and Max derided victims for not taking that as a hint?

yes, but he's a "celeb" and probably figures he could pull a model unlike all those ugly people they get on this show. Seriously though, what a fucking moron. He actually gave a stranger his password and then couldn't figure out who was hacking his account? This can't possibly be real. I think the whole story was a pile of shit. If there had been anything else on, or I wasn't so tired and lazy last night I would not have made it through this. Sometimes I feel great shame. lol

• Love 2

I actually had to turn this off half way through. I thought the commentary by Nev and Max was incredibly rude -- they would never have said that to a catfish or catfishee's face, so why is it okay to do it on  this show? These people will be watching, right?

When Nev put his head on Max's shoulder and Max accused him of dry humping him, that was it. Delete.

I'm not sure there's anything left to look forward to on this show.

• Love 1

They have been incredibly rude these past couple Untold stories episodes... it's not even funny, these people are real and I don't think they came to the show to be made fun of. They are gonna watch it and I don't  think they will be happy with what they see. The dead grandma jokes, making fun of depression... I was just WTF. The regular episodes they don't make fun of people to their faces. I know sometimes things are funny but they were crossing into nasty here. If they want to keep making Untold stories they should just dropped Neve and Max, it can be shown without their nasty forced commentaries.

• Love 2