Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02 The Vuolos Take L.A.

Sew Sumi
  • Start Topic

Here you go @Temperance

Jinger and Jeremy explore Los Angeles with new friends; the Duggar boys head out on a roadtrip.

I've already watched it, but I will save my impressions for later. 

WARNING! Cade and Gabby alert. Now I know why Cade befriended Jeremy.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

JInger wears pants because she decided that Jesus has led her to wear pants. Literally that is the explanation. Michelle explains that mowing the lawn in the bikini has tempted too many to their demise so she was led by Jesus to wear skirts. We get some flashbacks of horrible duggar fashion. They get very Jesus-y. Michelle says its ok that they have different convictions and Jinger cries. 

Jeremy is giving me anxiety wearing Felicity down those rocks to the Hollywood sign lol

Edited by yogi2014L
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14

JD is such a doofus I can't even. Says abbie is teaching him ' some of those little nursing skills" ( literally word for word what he said which makes me want to punch his little brain) so if a Duggar man learns 'little nursing skills' does that make him a nurse or a Doctor in the gothard world? WTF

Way too much time already on this stupid limo segment. Who cares. Side note, this is basically 19 and co right now. Boob and Meechelle has too much air time. Nobody cares about the lost boys. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, kcrabtree06 said:

Jeremy is me when it comes to the Backstreet Boys. And I am a 31 year old woman.

Same, I hate it when these people are relatable, LOL

Austin made me laugh for real ( ugh again, I hate that) " I know who they are, they don't!" 

Jana got snarky with her ' whose yours? (  with a look that says "ya dumb fuck you know I don't/won't admit I know who they are") You can tell she is over those types of questions. 

2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

How the hell much Kool-Aid did JB and M force down those children's gullets, anyway? 

Agree. And I realize I spelled cries wrong, OMG! lol

Jeremy says something that goes obviously right over Jinger's head ( Dasher would be the fastest reindeer) , I wonder how many times a day that happens. 

Don't care about any of these lost boys courting. Unless they get psycho ( in an entertaining way) wives 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • LOL 16
  • Love 6

I haven't watched this shit show in awhile but I rolled my eyes so hard at the "Jinger wears pants" segment. It's so manufactured for TV. Jinger's been wearing pants for awhile now. It's nothing new. 

The thing with the Duggar women wearing pants is that most of them have this sort of build that doesn't look great in pants. Most of them have extremely long waists with shorter legs. I think Jinger looks best in these sorts of non-modest non-countenance-enhancing dresses. Allows for a higher waistline. Duchess of Cambridge who is tall but also has a long waist wears these types of dresses a lot. I love her wedge sandals too.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 4

Jesus they can't even spring for a cheap motel? They are going to sleep all night in an RV park in their limos. They also apparently didn't bring utensils for their food? WTF?

Why can't the brothers hang out once they are married? I don't understand all the dramatics about them possibly courting. They aren't getting shipped off to war and they seem to import their brides to AR anyway. Stupid. I knew I shouldn't have watched this show . 

They all go around discussing what they want in a bride. ( Modest, righteous babe was a requirement, ew) Is this some sort of dating ad?

Jana says she wants someone established. Get that money girl, haha.

She also gives a long rambling answer that doesn't make a ton of sense when asked about the pressure of getting married. Says a few of 'them' ( who, Josiah??) have been in relationships but it hasn't worked out

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Tuning in now despite my better judgement.

Just me or did JD look slightly pissed at saying "Greek Orthodox?" And who would have thought that finally having sex would make him so obnoxious. I'd feel sorry for Abbie if she hadn't married a Duggar. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Exactly. Not an original thought in her head. Why can't she just say " I want to wear pants I feel like God is ok with that" 

I guess she doesn't feel right about making any changes unless God actually recommends them. 

• LOL 8
15 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Gabby and Cade look like insane try hards singing on the beach. 

They weren't even that good. Cade was especially off, and his guitar skills basically non-existent.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

JInger wears pants because she decided that Jesus has led her to wear pants. Literally that is the explanation. Michelle explains that mowing the lawn in the bikini has tempted too many to their demise so she was led by Jesus to wear skirts. We get some flashbacks of horrible duggar fashion. They get very Jesus-y. Michelle says its ok that they have different convictions and Jinger cries. 

Jeremy is giving me anxiety wearing Felicity down those rocks to the Hollywood sign lol

LOL!!! I'm so going to burn for laughing so hard at these recaps! Thank you..Now that is "God's Work" for ya!

• Love 5

In past seasons, during "Counting On", most of the ads were for other TLC shows, now however, it seems most of the sponsors are back.  

Ben, as a native New Yorker, I loathe hearing it called a "concrete jungle".  There are a couple of names I could call Arkansas, but I am too polite.  And to think, you were my favorite Duggar Adjacent. 

When asked what they remembered most about their honeymoon, Kendra said a girl kissing Joe.  That made me chuckle. 

Wonder why they all believe 19 year old Jason will be next one to enter into a courtship, instead of Jed or Jer. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, kcrabtree06 said:

Jeremy is me when it comes to the Backstreet Boys. And I am a 31 year old woman.

I’m 32. I saw them in concert last month and I screamed like a 12 year old screaming her puberty out. I’ve never felt more pity for these girls. Education, freedom, pants, marrying who they want...the biggest sin is that they were robbed of a perfectly good boyband! 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12

Oh, there was a positive tonight.  NO LAUREN!!!!!

However, we get clobbered with Asa next week. 😕

2 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I’m 32. I saw them in concert last month and I screamed like a 12 year old screaming her puberty out. I’ve never felt more pity for these girls. Education, freedom, pants, marrying who they want...the biggest sin is that they were robbed of a perfectly good boyband! 

Jeremy got me when he squeed over Boyz to Men. Then I remembered the Philly connection. They were probably his favorite boy band of them all. 

• Love 6

Eh I think Jinger knows her parents, and that sort of line is exactly the sort of soft-focus, brainless drivel that works on them. Add “Jesus” into “wants to do” and they’re not sharp enough for a comeback. I think “Jesus” is more like a Royal we in this case.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, there was a positive tonight.  NO LAUREN!!!!!

However, we get clobbered with Asa next week. 😕

Jeremy got me when he squeed over Boyz to Men. Then I remembered the Philly connection. They were probably his favorite boy band of them all. 

I went to a Boys to Men/NKOTB/that group Jessica Simpson's ex was in concert a few years ago--in Philly-- and I was screamed myself hoarse. The energy when B2M was on stage was incredible. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

OMG!  Snoozefest alert!  So boring!

Liking the new and improved snarky as hell Austin. 

Did Cade win American Idol?  Cause Lawson Bates is a better singer!

He came in fourth. His wife came in second, but now she’s devoting all her time to kissing her headship’s ass serving Cade as his Christian slave wife, because, according to him, that’s the most important work there is.

I can’t with this idiocy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

They showed some pics of Cade and Gabby from AI. Gabby's hair was platinum, and her dress barely covered her lady bits. NIKE!

2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

There was a little bit of Lauren in the THs. She was the first one to name all the reindeer.

Oh, that's right! I think that was it though. She wasn't quizzed about the Backstreet Boys.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

With all the uncertainty in the world today, it's with a grateful heart that I know Meecheele still loves Ging even though she wears pants.

I fear I lose a few IQ points every time I turn this on, help me.

I’m at the age where I’m struggling to hang onto every brain cell I have left, thus, I don’t watch; however, I’m exceedingly grateful for those of you who have the guts to sit through this drivel for me.  God bless you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

SO MUCH ANXIETY as he staggered down a rocky cliff with a baby strapped to the front of his chest!!

And JD officially grosses me out. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
12 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Am I the only one who thinks it is kind of strange that Jeremy would be such a boy-band superfan? Does he want to be the Backstreet Boys or does he want to be with them?

Meh.........a little, but Jeremy just turned 32. I am 31, so we would have been in middle school at the peak of their popularity back in 1999/2000/2001. For me, that was the age when I was really figuring out what music I liked/paying attention to different bands for the first time etc, and BSB was the first CD I bought with my allowance money and the first concert I went to see by my own choice. So I will give him a pass on this one just because when we were in middle school, they were everywhere!!

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Am I the only one who thinks it is kind of strange that Jeremy would be such a boy-band superfan? Does he want to be the Backstreet Boys or does he want to be with them?

Boybands were the biggest thing in music when Jeremy was coming of age.  Even the most macho guys my age will drop everything and sing every single word to “I Want it That Way.”

Austin’s “Oh know who they are but none of them do” cracked me up.  He knows they were robbed. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
7 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Boybands were the biggest thing in music when Jeremy was coming of age.  Even the most macho guys my age will drop everything and sing every single word to “I Want it That Way.”

Austin’s “Oh know who they are but none of them do” cracked me up.  He knows they were robbed. 

Can you please explain to me what Austin was talking about/referring to?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, cereality said:

So I realize it’s required fundie speak – but Jinger is ok wearing pants bc she knows that message is coming from the Lord?? And Michelle is ok with it bc Jinger – a grown married woman with a kid – RAN IT BY HER PARENTS re being allowed to wear pants and threw some religious speak at them, so now Michelle is ok bc this is what the Lord wills?? I get it. I’m from an ardent conservative religious tradition as well yet not once have I or my family made “excuses” for what we’re wearing bc LORD’S WILL. Ok – this bikini or this top with my boobs hanging out, well it’s ok bc LORD’S WILL.

See, I think Jinger has always wanted to wear pants, but the Lord Jeremy  gave a message loophole to Jinger so that she could wear pants and remain in good standing with her parents. And, I think somehow this got back to Jill, because we all know she didn't wear pants immediately after marrying Derick, but instead started to wear pants shortly after Jinger did. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Austin was doing a talking head. A bunch of them were quizzed about who the Backstreet Boys are. As usual, we got the vacant stares. Joy asked if they were a band, so she at least made an educated guess. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I would think preteen boys in the late 90s would be more into Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera than the BSB or NSync. 

ETA: I was preteen during the peak of the New Kids, and most of the New Kids fans at my Jr. High were girls.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

See, I think Jinger has always wanted to wear pants, but the Lord Jeremy  gave a message loophole to Jinger so that she could wear pants and remain in good standing with her parents. And, I think somehow this got back to Jill, because we all know she didn't wear pants immediately after marrying Derick, but instead started to wear pants shortly after Jinger did. 

I'm awful at remembering timelines, but didn't Jill start wearing pants before Jinger? I thought she busted out the mom jeans around the time Jinger married. Jinger first public foray into pants made a splash because they were (ugly, knee length) shorts. 

• Love 8

Late to the game here and everything I was going to say has already been said, i.e. Jeremy lugging Felicity in a baby carrier over that rugged terrain was scary, JD is getting a bit obnoxious with his constant lovey-dovey talk, the limo story line was boring as was the pants explanation, and I thought it was kinda sad that no one in the family knew of the Backstreet Boys (not that that was a surprise) or could even name more than one reindeer.  I guess they don't sing secular Christmas songs.  Maybe they heard Rudolph being played in a store or something; that would explain them knowing one reindeer. 

• Love 6