Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02 The Vuolos Take L.A.

Sew Sumi
  • Start Topic

Did everyone else shout out at their TeeVee along with Chelle when she said

"I mowed my lawn in a bikini!"

That story is as tired, old, outdated as Her hair do......

Looking at her now it is unimaginable that there was a time in her past when she could actually fit into a 2 piece... her overhang, multiple layered rolls, back fat, cellulitis, saggy pouch for birthing all those critters  is not bikini friendly....Bleaching my mind's eye....

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

How does Michelle know that she was the cause of the divorce?

I wish someone would ask her on camera to see her reaction.

It's all based on Michelle's and JB's imaginations and egos. In other words, Michelle doesn't know.

If her story had any truth to it, no one would have remained married in the late 60s or 70s when many young women were walking around, mowing lawns and hitchhiking in daisy dukes, halter tops and bikinis.

Nevermind all the married men who frequent beaches.

Most men in the real world can look at a bikini clad woman and go back to whatever they're doing, without a second thought.

They really need to put that story to rest. It doesn't even make sense when combined with the Bible passage Michelle quotes, "women shall not wear men's clothes". I mean who wouldn't read that and say to themselves, "no more bikinis for me"? 

• Love 19
On 10/23/2019 at 4:08 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

I do wish they'd leave Jana alone about the men and marriage thing.  It feels like a double standard, JD said he was a bachelor till the rapture and everyone went "OK", Jana shows no interest in courting that we know of and people can't stop hounding her about it. 

The mainstream secular world is like this though. I live in a very liberal social circle but am CONSTANTLY asked why I don’t have a boyfriend/husband, don’t I want one blah blah blah (I’m 34). If I were a man people wouldn’t dare ask me these things to my face (likely behind my back). Women are expected to want men (don’t ask me why) unless they are gay then let’s find them a woman. Only after menopause are women socially expected to be fine with being not being partnered. Men can ALWAYS do what they want. Also I have to add it’s women asking me this, men only care if they are propositioning me and then they move on. 

So no I’m not surprised people are harassing Jana about it but wouldn’t dare say things to JD. 

@BitterApple it’s probably easy for Abby to speak plainly now because she can breathe a sigh of relief, she IS married. It’s all in hindsight. Jana is still single, and there’s always the double standard with women, if you’re unhappy being single there’s something wrong with you, but if you don’t want a man there’s something wrong with you-you’re supposed to be a houseplant until someone comes along and graces you with their presence. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

It's all based on Michelle's and JB's imaginations and egos. In other words, Michelle doesn't know.

If her story had any truth to it, no one would have remained married in the late 60s or 70s when many young women were walking around, mowing lawns and hitchhiking in daisy dukes, halter tops and bikinis.

But, but, but - not all young women were blessed with Michelle's special intense amount of God-given hotness and danger to all men's eyes, don't ya know?

Speaking of Michelle's and JB's imaginations and egos. 🤣

• LOL 19
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Nevermind all the married men who frequent beaches.

Most men in the real world can look at a bikini clad woman and go back to whatever they're doing, without a second thought.

They really need to put that story to rest. It doesn't even make sense when combined with the Bible passage Michelle quotes, "women shall not wear men's clothes". I mean who wouldn't read that and say to themselves, "no more bikinis for me"? 

That’s exactly why I wish someone would confront her about it. I would love her to try to explain it and tell her it makes no sense.

One of the annoying thing about these people being interviewed is that no one asks any hard questions. And yes, I know that they would never agree to be interviewed by someone who would confront their views.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 10
On 10/26/2019 at 9:13 AM, Churchhoney said:

Another good option would be for the world to just totally ignore these arrogant ignorant lying idiots and never put them on camera to spout the mangled nonsense they spout in the first place.

Because we know that, even if somebody did ask a follow-up question, the answer would only be a slightly different phrasing of one of the nonsensical fables and "principles" they've been bleating for years, pulled randomly from their bag of overused verbal crap.

She gives the answers she gives because she knows nothing and thinks nothing and because the whole damn bunch of them are too stupid, brainwashed and lazy to do anything but spout the same meaningless fables and platitudes over and over and over and over and over again as if they mean something....and as if, God help us, their oft-repeated lines are some kind of lesson for other people. 

They couldn't even be shamed out of this by follow-up questions.

Because not only are they robotic ignoramuses, they're extremely arrogant robotic ignoramuses.....made so in large part because for the last several decades, at least, America's chosen to make the shallowest dumbest most venal idiots we can find into "celebrities." (...not to mention "president." But I digress...) 

And in the Duggars' case, the celebrity machine has added "massively incredibly astonishingly stultifyingly boring beyond belief" to the other "qualities" that make a celebrity.....and, laughably, a person worth interviewing in our culture. (I use the term "culture" very very very loosely)

We could ask her all the follow-up questions in the world. But all we'd find out is what we already knew -- that Meeechelle Duggar truly has nothing to say. 

If I could only like this a 1,000 times.  As always you are eloquent and underlying that is what feels to me like outrage and frustration.  At least that is what I feel about these people.

• Love 10
On 10/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, lascuba said:

Just me or did JD look slightly pissed at saying "Greek Orthodox?"

I thought he was just trying hard to remember what type of church it was since it wasn't Baptist.   I am not sure he had ever heard of it before.  

On 10/22/2019 at 9:53 PM, cereality said:

So I realize it’s required fundie speak – but Jinger is ok wearing pants bc she knows that message is coming from the Lord?? And Michelle is ok with it bc Jinger – a grown married woman with a kid – RAN IT BY HER PARENTS re being allowed to wear pants and threw some religious speak at them, so now Michelle is ok bc this is what the Lord wills?? I get it. I’m from an ardent conservative religious tradition as well yet not once have I or my family made “excuses” for what we’re wearing bc LORD’S WILL. Ok – this bikini or this top with my boobs hanging out, well it’s ok bc LORD’S WILL.

I think she knows her parents rather well, and she knows how to word her answer in a way her mother would understand.  I also think TLC was trying to stir the pot a little between Jinger and her mom and Jinger didn't take the bait.   At least I hope that is the case.

• Love 5