Type keyword(s) to search

Rock The Block - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Anyone else watch this? I liked it. I haven’t  watched any of these ladies shows, but I recognized Mina, Jasmine, and Leanne from A Very Brady Renovation. I’ll probably watch Restored By the Fords on Demand since I liked her bathroom and the “winner episode” on afterward. I didn’t like the Windy City lady’s personality. And WTF does a $7000 toilet do? Agree with Tarak that it was a waste of money. 

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 5

I watched the first episode tonight. I really like this so far. I only watch Jasmine’s show (Hidden Potential) so I was rooting for her, but I agree with Tarek that she had too many patterns and floors going on in her master bedroom and bathroom. It’s like she didn’t have an overall vision—she was just throwing different designs together. 

I liked Alison’s master suite the best. The bathroom and that headboard wall was great—although it does mean you can never move your bed to another place in the room. 

I hated the master suite that won—Leanne’s. The bathroom was indeed creative and looked like something out of a design magazine. But I would not want to live in that house. A bath tub in the middle of the floor? A shower in the middle of the room with no walls on either side? That seemed cold and impersonal. Nice for a hotel, but it didn’t feel homey or cozy. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, CruiseDiva said:

Alison Victoria was certainly pissed that she didn't win that challenge.

Being dismissive of the other designers, except Leanne Ford, wasn't a good look for her, especially since her show's been shut down due to code violations in Chicago. She's always been a real bitch.

So I was right about her personality! 😏

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

It seems that the weekly reward is a bonus episode of their show and it's 4 week run I am cynically think each will take turns at winning.

I am on Team Mina but all had things I like. Her cons were also easily changed by the New owner. the care in the transition is a good sign. Also like the entrance to the laundry and the spa shower.

For Allyson No Tariq that black wall wasn't unique. I know flip or flip Las Vegas has done something like that several times.  The lack of transition in the flooring is her typical shoddyness. I also think the $7000 toilet a bit much.  I assume she's going to run out of money pretty quickly.  I did like the revolving shoe rack. I also assume she's going to blow at least 20,000 with her signature big ass ugly draft vent.

LeAnn is another one I am concerned about running out of money.  The bathroom was opulent but not practical.  Not a real estate expert but I'm lot sure about the ROI. If the houses are at 750,000, I assume final price  might be a million to 1.5 million, but a bathroom like that might fit into to 4-5 million house instead. The bonus episode with her brother was better since it suited him to a tee. Maybe she works better with a specific client in mind.

Jasmine I didn't like all the pattern but I appreciate the practical touches like the secret door to the laundry, putting in dressing room features, and the seat in the shower.

• Love 7
(edited)

I didn’t like the “headboard wall.” Seemed kind of cheap looking to me.

Yeah, I think each one will win a week, too. Leanne’s winner bonus episode was a good promo for their show.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, IvyCeltress said:

I am on Team Mina but all had things I like. Her cons were also easily changed by the New owner. the care in the transition is a good sign. Also like the entrance to the laundry and the spa shower.

Mina's master suite is the one I'd feel most comfortable in and I loved how she did the floors. The shower was killer and using slabs on the walls was awesome. However, I'd get rid of the wallpaper above the vanities and maybe replace it with tile. I hate wallpaper.

• Love 10

That bedroom/bathroom design by Leanne Ford looked too minimalist and a lot of wasted space. The bedroom seemed to have just a bed, a little uncomfortable looking woven chair and a beachy throw rug on the floor.  The tub in the middle of the floor and acres of empty floor space around it looked like a showroom instead of a home.  If you hate clutter and cozy surroundings, this would be perfect.  Not me - I want soft, functional and inviting.

• Love 14

I've always disliked Leanne Ford's "designs." I'm so not a minimalist. But I thought this design was not just minimalist but dumb. Isn't anyone else as sick of barn doors as I am? And her bedroom wasn't minimalist..it was sad and bare and cheap-looking. What a freaking waste of space in the bathroom. Water and soap everywhere, yay! And I'd hate losing outdoorish storage in my garage. Storage sells houses.

I liked Mina's best. I thought she made smart choices that would appeal most to buyers. I'm practical. Slab walls? No cleaning shower grout? Winner winner chicken dinner. I liked her closet choices best, and it just looked appealing and comfy.

Who is Jasmine? I don't watch any show she's in. Is she the one who desecrates big old houses? Hers was just poor design choices.

Allison is nasty. And she made the stupidest choices. Getting close to her "headboard" it was obvious it was just a grid attached to the drywall. Cheap. And those "end tables?" You'd have to get out of bed to turn the lights out unless you got a clapper.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I liked Jasmine's bathroom the best. Leanne's was a huge waste of space and so cold and impersonal. Sadly people will fall for that, thinking it makes the house seem "expensive", "wealthy" and "exclusive". I'm just sad that it's going to be four open concept houses with 3 white/grey kitchens. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

I liked Jasmine's bathroom the best. Leanne's was a huge waste of space and so cold and impersonal. Sadly people will fall for that, thinking it makes the house seem "expensive", "wealthy" and "exclusive". I'm just sad that it's going to be four open concept houses with 3 white/grey kitchens. 

Don’t worry, Alison will have a monstrosity of a brass vent hood to break up the white and gray.  And, she can have several seats with her, “I’m a better designer than all these losers.”  Pretty sure Mina hasn’t had her company blacklisted in Indy. 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

Alison is just so abrasive.  I just don't understand why TPTB would even put her on the show.  I wonder if they approached Erin Napier and she declined. She could have had Ben as her contractor.   

I was not a fan of the winning bathroom, and stealing square footage from the garage was not a great idea, IMO.  Leanne is from Pittsburgh, where most homes have basements.  In CA there are no basements so people like bigger garages for storage.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Don’t worry, Alison will have a monstrosity of a brass vent hood to break up the white and gray.  And, she can have several seats with her, “I’m a better designer than all these losers.”  Pretty sure Mina hasn’t had her company blacklisted in Indy. 😂

Please elaborate! Please!

13 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Please elaborate! Please!

Check the forum for Windy City Rehab - there are links to newspaper articles about her botched renovations and disregard of building regs. And she couldn't design her way out of a paper bag.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, carrps said:

Who is Jasmine? I don't watch any show she's in. Is she the one who desecrates big old houses? Hers was just poor design choices.

No! Jasmine is based in California and renovates clients' cookie cutter subdivision houses for families. Her show is Hidden Potential. She considers how her clients want to use their space and the interiors she designs are done with the family's needs in mind and usually are quite nice. One thing she does is change the exterior for better curb appeal and so the house doesn't look like every other one on the street. She also adds outdoor 'entertaining' space in the front yard, which I dislike. I prefer the privacy of the back of my house when drinking wine and chatting with friends.

• Love 7

So... I was really looking forward to this show. I've watched every episode of all four ladies' shows, so I pretty much knew what to expect from each. I was just curious about how they will all play together.

Leanne's stuff is always outside the box. Sometimes I like what she does, but most of the time I hate it.  She says she likes old houses, but she ruins them by making them far too modern, imho.  The look is cool, but that's a suburban neighborhood.  I don't see someone wanting concrete floors and an open shower in that neighborhood.  I love a bathtub, but that tub looks painful to get in and out of (I've tried that type in hotels and hated them).  The shower, too, is awful.  Can you say Cold Wet Naked Body?  Yikes.  One hotel we stayed in had the no door type of shower and I was freezing trying to shower and dry off.  I usually keep the door closed while I dry so I can stay warm.  Such a stupid, impractical design.

If they plan to let each gal win one week my guess is that Windy City Lady Alison will win the kitchen just because of her "custom hood vents" she's known for. I agree with you guys, though. She's the least likable of them all, even on her own show.  She's snooty, and I can't remember an episode where someone actually bought one of her homes.  I've read the stuff about her code violations and was not at all surprised. She just doesn't seem to me like she really knows what she's doing or cares about anything but how things look.

The other two girls are my favorites for their shows, and I can't figure out which one would naturally win any particular category.  Mina's designs are fun and full of color, but not always practical and livable. 

Jasmine nearly always impresses me with the neat little touches she adds to homes to make them really livable and practical. I love that about her, plus she seems fun and humble.

Mina and Jasmine are my two favorite personalities, and I generally like their designs, so I hope one of them wins. If I had to pick the one I would personally like to design my house my order of preference would be 1) Jasmine, 2) Mina, 3) Alison, 4) Leanne.

I was also disappointed in the 30 minute post win episode. It was just a rerun. I had already seen it before. I was hoping for more of a why and how she did what she did to the house. I do like the interview part, so I'm looking forward to more of that from each participant.

• Love 7

I, too, have watched all four of the ladies' shows. I don't care much for Alison Victoria or her homes. She extends the back of homes, thus shading formerly sunny yards in the homes next door. That, to me, is unforgivable. Imagine enjoying your garden during those few warm Chicago months, only to have them shaded now. I vote Alison "Most Likely to Run Out of Money", "Most Likely to Have a Meltdown", and "Most Likely to Not Finish On Time". 

I like the other three women. Mina rehabs beat up homes and makes them livable. They're also affordable.  I think this makes her out of her element with these brand new homes since I don't see her as a designer as much as a rehabber.  Jasmine and Leanne are used to homes that are already cared for so this contest is more up their alley. Leanne seems to be a real designer while Jasmine has carpentry skills and creative ways to use them on her side.

Based on personality and skills, I see Leanne and Jasmine as most worthy of winning the competition. I like Mina an awful lot. Love her dry humor. I just don't see her as creative. Maybe she'll surprise me. I'd be fine with that. 

Was Jasmine crying? There's no crying in renovation!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, mojito said:

I, too, have watched all four of the ladies' shows. I don't care much for Alison Victoria or her homes. She extends the back of homes, thus shading formerly sunny yards in the homes next door. That, to me, is unforgivable. Imagine enjoying your garden during those few warm Chicago months, only to have them shaded now. I vote Alison "Most Likely to Run Out of Money", "Most Likely to Have a Meltdown", and "Most Likely to Not Finish On Time". 

I hadn't really thought about that, but you're right. I live in Texas so sunny and hot is the norm, but yes, I could see the neighbors getting upset.

I think Mina does that sometimes, too, but she's in transitional neighborhoods, so you can forgive her a lot for taking those dumps and turning them into inhabitable properties.

I like the other three women. Mina rehabs beat up homes and makes them livable. They're also affordable.  I think this makes her out of her element with these brand new homes since I don't see her as a designer as much as a rehabber.  Jasmine and Leanne are used to homes that are already cared for so this contest is more up their alley. Leanne seems to be a real designer while Jasmine has carpentry skills and creative ways to use them on her side.

Based on personality and skills, I see Leanne and Jasmine as most worthy of winning the competition. I like Mina an awful lot. Love her dry humor. I just don't see her as creative. Maybe she'll surprise me. I'd be fine with that. 

I agree here, too.  Mina doesn't do a lot of creative, unusual things. She's just cleaning things up and making them look so much better. It's her mom that does the creative touches, usually.   You're right about Leanne and Jasmine having more talent, although I usually hate what Leanne does so much!  If I had to pick a probable winner I'd go for her.

Was Jasmine crying? There's no crying in renovation!

It sure looked like it to me. I was shocked. She's usually so even-keel and practical.  I will say that I was surprised by the mess of different types of tile and finishes in that bathroom. Tarek was right. It was a mistake to make it so haphazard looking.  She doesn't usually do that, as far as I can recall.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

No! Jasmine is based in California and renovates clients' cookie cutter subdivision houses for families. Her show is Hidden Potential. She considers how her clients want to use their space and the interiors she designs are done with the family's needs in mind and usually are quite nice. One thing she does is change the exterior for better curb appeal and so the house doesn't look like every other one on the street. She also adds outdoor 'entertaining' space in the front yard, which I dislike. I prefer the privacy of the back of my house when drinking wine and chatting with friends.

Thanks! I feel better about her after hearing this. I'll have to look for her show. Is it still on the air?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, carrps said:

Thanks! I feel better about her after hearing this. I'll have to look for her show. Is it still on the air?

Yes, Hidden Potential is an ongoing show. Not sure what night 'cause I DVR everything I want to watch so I can tune in when I want to and FF through the commercials,

• Love 1
On 10/22/2019 at 10:58 AM, CruiseDiva said:

Alison Victoria was certainly pissed that she didn't win that challenge.

Being dismissive of the other designers, except Leanne Ford, wasn't a good look for her, especially since her show's been shut down due to code violations in Chicago. She's always been a real bitch.

Ohhh, interesting. I'll head over to the Windy City forum to read the dirt. 

I'm not a big fan of Mina's and haven't seen enough of Jasmine's show to form a definitive opinion of her, but I love Leanne. I don't always love her designs but I really love her & Steve. I watched all of Alison's show and meh. 

• Love 4

Ha, cynical me agrees with the win-sharing so they can feature/pimp each woman's show. But until I read that Leanne's show was a rerun, I figured Allison wouldn't win anything--hard to create new eps when you've been slammed by the city and your contractor's lost his license (temporarily, iirc). Although I think HGTV ordered a second season of Windy City Rehab, Allison is such a walking/talking disaster that they weren't in a hurry to get on with it. 

Also sorry that Erin wasn't included! Leanne for the win (don't always like her stuff, but she's better than Allison, Mina is fine but nothing special and Jasmine does best when she works for a specific home buyer.

As a judge, Tarek's a ringer. Please don't let Christina show up.

Edited by buttersister
Tarek with a k
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/21/2019 at 11:44 PM, LittleIggy said:

Anyone else watch this? I liked it. I haven’t  watched any of these ladies shows, but I recognized Mina, Jasmine, and Leanne from A Very Brady Renovation. I’ll probably watch Restored By the Fords on Demand since I liked her bathroom and the “winner episode” on afterward. I didn’t like the Windy City lady’s personality. And WTF does a $7000 toilet do? Agree with Tarak that it was a waste of money. 

I watched, since I really like Mina and her show and I hate watched Alison's show.  From this episode I also will likely check out Jasmine's show, as I liked her personality.

I was sure Leanne was going to win just based on the bigger size, but I really hated her master bath as I thought the layout was bizarre and the design just didn't win me over, and I also hate excessively enormous master suites.  As someone who appreciates her garage space, I'm not sure that was a great idea over all.

The others I all thought had strengths and weaknesses.  I might have liked Mina's the best overall, but the wallpaper and mirrors were bad, I'd want to change them. 

Tarik I only know from the promos to his show (and Christina's new one, from which I get some of the story), but his comments seemed mostly pretty reasonable, although of course he is going to be super positive overall for everyone.

• Love 5

I completely forgot this show was on Monday night(too many other things on that night of the week) so I had to wait to find a rerun. From the get-go, I knew I wouldn't like Allison and I was correct BUT I do like her contractor. He was the only thing on her show that I like(surprised no one has mentioned him!) She was such a braggart on this show, she was the "best" and if you don't agree watch the show again and she will tell you so! I did like her shoe rack in the closet but that was all I did like.

I do like the other three women although I don't think I could ever live in a Leanne house but I still watch her because of Steve. She might have won but I hated her bathroom!!! I like Jasmine a lot, but she seemed overwhelmed in this episode(and yes, she appeared to be in tears)which I do not understand since her work is generally great!

Which leaves me with Mina. I loved her Master area. It was cozy and homey to me. I loved her bath room, especially the way she did the floor. Having the same flooring but laying it differently was amazing. Not crazy with the wall covering but she did make it easily changeable. She definitely missed Karen when it came to wallpaper! Poor Cory was so out of depth when it came to that and he appeared to be joyous to be sent away! This contest must seem a little strange to her since she is used to the most disgusting houses I have ever seen!!! I mean dead animals, snakes and sinking floors to mention a few of them.

I know it will not happen but I wish Allison would lose every challenge all 4 episodes!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 10/22/2019 at 11:26 PM, Broderbits said:

Check the forum for Windy City Rehab - there are links to newspaper articles about her botched renovations and disregard of building regs. And she couldn't design her way out of a paper bag.

She also can’t seem to find a pair of pants that don’t make her look like she was attacked by a mountain lion.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I didn't like Leanne using the storage in the garage for the master.      I would love extra storage in the garage, so you can get both cars in it.      I didn't like the giant open shower that looked like a waste of space, and the water splashing out will be a pain.    I thought Leanne's bedroom looked stark, and cold, not minimalist.  

I didn't like the haphazard mixture of tiles in Jasmine's bathroom.     I am not a fan of wallpaper, and thought Mina's bathroom was great except for that.   I like smaller mirrors, separated from the sink, and it prevents all of the splashed soap and water the bigger mirrors get on them.   

(I'm not sure I have the right designer with the right design. )   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Leanne's tranquilized delivery of her lines is automatically irritating to me and I do not like bare concrete floors in a master bedroom that isn't an inner-city loft space but her bathroom was a show stopper. Not very practical, but would definitely cause a buyer to take a second look. If Jasmine works the tile into some of the other spaces, it might tie in and start looking like a cohesive design but as a stand-alone, it was easy to not give her the win. Mina was fine and the statement wallpaper definitely made a statement that was easy to change. I LOVE the solid slabs in the shower and hope this jumpstarts a trend so I can find the slabs I am going to need when I get to redoing my shower. I've seen thin flexible quartz slabs on TV and don't understand how it hasn't shown up everywhere so I can get some.

I was apathetic about Alison when I started watching her show but she quickly made me root against her. She has not redeemed herself here. Now she just needs to start dressing in all black and style herself as "the HGTV villain" because her personality is not fan-winning and her designs are derivative snoozers. (Her contractor is the cabinet maker from her show right? I liked that guy whenever he was on and wished he was the star of Windy City Rehab)

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, MaKaM said:

(Her contractor is the cabinet maker from her show right? I liked that guy whenever he was on and wished he was the star of Windy City Rehab)

I am so glad someone else pointed him out! It is a shame he has to work with her!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MaKaM said:

Leanne's tranquilized delivery of her lines is automatically irritating to me and I do not like bare concrete floors in a master bedroom that isn't an inner-city loft space but her bathroom was a show stopper. Not very practical, but would definitely cause a buyer to take a second look. 

I’ve never watched her show before, but seeing her creativity in this house (and in her brother’s bachelor pad) has me intrigued. The problem is that she doesn’t create spaces where I’d actually want to live. 

Her bathroom was beautiful—if it were in my five-star hotel room, I’d been in heaven for the 1-2 nights I was spending there. But in my home? I would hate that sterile, cold design. And no doors on the shower? And two open sides? Our shower has a glass door that broke last year. We haven’t had a chance to replace it yet, and last winter, we froze after our showers. Even when we added a space heater in the bathroom. I like doing my initial dry off in the still-warm shower with the door or curtain closed. 

On 10/24/2019 at 9:02 AM, CruiseDiva said:

Yes, Hidden Potential is an ongoing show. Not sure what night 'cause I DVR everything I want to watch so I can tune in when I want to and FF through the commercials,

I really like Jasmine’s show because she renovates houses with the homeowners in mind. It must be different for her to try to do a generic remodel that will please fictitious buyers that she’s never met. But I really like her personality and her focus on making homes functional yet cozy, so I’m still rooting for her. 

• Love 9

Allison is play full on reality tv biotch! I think that she thinks she’s on Survivor or Big Brother. Jeez! Cool your jets, honey. I guess the producers want some drama out of it and she’s a willing participant. Whatever! I didn’t really care for Leann’s open concept bathroom. Can’t you have a little privacy in your own home? LOL!! Although, she really did increase the space and didn’t spend that much more money. Overall, I like the show and will continue watching. 

• Love 1

I like the idea of this show and using a block of tract housing to show different designs with the same floorplan.  However, I'm only familiar with Alison and Leann.  Alison did not disappoint when it came to her egomania and bitchiness!  $7000 for a toilet?!  Wasted money and I'm glad Tarek pointed that out. The headboard wall was ugly and the rest of it looked like every master bath she has done on Windy City Rehab.  The only thing I liked about her design was the closet/shoe rack and that's only because it was all Ari.  That man can do no wrong when it comes to woodworking! 

Mina's bedroom was nice, but I didn't care for the wallpaper or mirrors in the bathroom.  But those are cosmetic and are so easy and inexpensive to replace.  With the exception of the herringbone floors, her bathroom reminded me of a higher end tract home bathroom.  Beautiful, but basic.  I didn't like the cabinets in the closet, but I did like the door to the laundry room. 

Jasmine's was the one I liked the least.  As Tarek said, there was just too many textures/materials.  I did like her closet and the secret door.

I'm in the minority here, but I LOVED Leanne's bathroom!!  The bedroom was AWFUL, but the bathroom was fantastic!  I'm a sucker for a wet room bathroom and liked that she totally went outside the box.  I agree there was a lot of wasted space and she probably didn't have to steal extra sq footage from garage to make it work, but it was definitely custom, modern, and gorgeous.  Luckily for a buyer, the bedroom is basically a blank slate so any changes will be super easy.  I like that she admitted that it didn't have mass appeal, but as long the one person buying it loves it, that's all she cares about. 

• Love 4

I am curious to see what similar houses with different designs will sell for. It’s what’s done everyday in real estate. Especially, townhouse developments. Everything is so strict down to the door color so you can only differentiate the interior of the house design.  I know the ladies got a budget but did they said what the current value of the houses were to begin with? They weren’t ginormous homes so I doubt they cost too much but it is California after all.

2 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I'm in the minority here, but I LOVED Leanne's bathroom!!  The bedroom was AWFUL, but the bathroom was fantastic!  I'm a sucker for a wet room bathroom and liked that she totally went outside the box.  I agree there was a lot of wasted space and she probably didn't have to steal extra sq footage from garage to make it work, but it was definitely custom, modern, and gorgeous.  Luckily for a buyer, the bedroom is basically a blank slate so any changes will be super easy.  I like that she admitted that it didn't have mass appeal, but as long the one person buying it loves it, that's all she cares about. 

You're not alone! I really liked Leanne's bathroom design too.

And for the poster looking for privacy, why not just close the bedroom door & lock it?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I know the ladies got a budget but did they said what the current value of the houses were to begin with? They weren’t ginormous homes so I doubt they cost too much but it is California after all.

I believe it was $750k. 

Tarek as the judge ... I guess the Property Brothers were too busy. 😉  I'm not a fan of his, but he didn't bother me too much.

If I had a show on HGTV it would be called something like "The Practical Designer", so Leanne's bathroom was not for me. Notice how the vanity itself was smaller with less storage? No, no, no. Her master bedroom was beyond boring for me.

I think it was Jasmine who kept the bathroom vanity cabinets ... did anyone else? They absolutely were fine, so I liked that.

If HGTV knew it was doing this show, why were the kitchens and bathrooms installed in these houses?!?!  I know so that we can see the before-and-afters, but what a complete waste, even if cabinets and such are donated.

I agree about the full slabs in the walk-in shower (Mina's bathroom?). Not only gorgeous, but easier to clean.

• Love 8

Leanne's tub in the middle of the floor?

No. 

Imagine going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and having to dodge it every time! 

Plus I like a tub by a window for a secluded view or daydreaming or star gazing.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Leanne's tub in the middle of the floor?

No. 

Imagine going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and having to dodge it every time! 

Plus I like a tub by a window for a secluded view or daydreaming or star gazing.

And heating that bathroom will cost a mint. Before glass doors I'd get cold in the shower if I didn't close the curtain all the way. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, buttersister said:

LOL, my cable guide! Kitchens—Leanne bags the upper cabinets, Mina adds storage, Jasmine wows with entertainment center and guess what? Absent ideas or talent, Alison “banks” on high-end appliances. 

Wow, they really hate Alison, huh? Until Windy City Rehab, I had no idea Alison was so obnoxious and arrogant. However, her competition isn't really up to the task so far.  Mina is bland, Jasmin spends too much time worrying about the others are doing instead concentrating on doing her best, and Leanne is just out there.

As others has noted, Leanne's concrete everywhere is so cold. And getting rid of all the uppers cabinets was ridiculous. Her kitchen looked like an abandoned barn.

I don't understand why Jasmine didn't just use quartz or granite for the countertop. A kitchen has to be functional.

Mina had a pot filler. That's all I got.

I didn't like Alison's concrete sink. And you can and should insert outlets in slab backsplashes.

And why with a $750,000 house, are they using vinyl and laminate instead of wood or tile for the floors?

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, disconnected said:

Mina had a pot filler. That's all I got.

Actually I liked Mina's kitchen the best! Since I am old and unable to climb up to use her upper cabinets, they wouldn't help me much but if I could climb, I would love all the extra storage space. Along with her pot filler, she used the herringbone flooring again and to me her kitchen was the most comfortable! She had more pros than cons on her list by Mike. I felt badly for Jasmine and her wooden add on...she has done this on her regular show and it worked out really well...she was just to pushed in this situation. Leanne just did her thing. And Alison was still the same old bragging *itch that she always is. I would really be enjoying this show if she wasn't on it. Somebody else, anybody else. Heck, leave her off and have only Ari on!

I also didn't think her Stop Work orders was funny. They did look real and that could have thrown a kink in all the work they were doing.

• Love 12
(edited)

Why didn’t Holmes ding Alison for no electrical outlets in that backsplash? That is so impractical. When she said “I didn’t install it!” after Holmes pointed out the problem with her floor, I was like “Bitch please! It’s your project, your responsibility. Ever heard of the buck stops here?” 🙄 I’ll never watch anything Alison does. She is more obnoxious every time I see her. I would rather have had Hilary from Love It or List It. 
Leanne must not do anything in the kitchen otherwise she wouldn’t have taken out the upper cabinets. 
At least, Mina or Jasmine will win the featured room next week then whoever is left will win the next room. 😏

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, suebee12 said:

Actually I liked Mina's kitchen the best! Since I am old and unable to climb up to use her upper cabinets, they wouldn't help me much but if I could climb, I would love all the extra storage space. Along with her pot filler, she used the herringbone flooring again and to me her kitchen was the most comfortable! She had more pros than cons on her list by Mike. I felt badly for Jasmine and her wooden add on...she has done this on her regular show and it worked out really well...she was just to pushed in this situation. Leanne just did her thing. And Alison was still the same old bragging *itch that she always is. I would really be enjoying this show if she wasn't on it. Somebody else, anybody else. Heck, leave her off and have only Ari on!

I also didn't think her Stop Work orders was funny. They did look real and that could have thrown a kink in all the work they were doing.

Yeah, I thought it was a mean-spirited prank.

• Love 4

I bet if you look up the definition of condescending biach in the dictionary,  there would be a picture of Alison Victoria.  I rarely call another woman that name but she deserves it.   HGTV would be wise to dump her.   P.S. I loved Mina's kitchen!!

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 8

I really dislike Alison. That prank was mean and not funny.  

Surprise! A brass hood. 🙄 And while I realize they all had to incorporate the barn wood into the design, the facing on the pantry shelves should have been sanded. I got splinters just looking at it.

I liked Mina’s kitchen the best.  Leanne is too “out there” for my taste. And I do like Jasmine’s show, but she seems a bit intimidated by the others.  If she does put in a pool she may win the yard challenge though. 

• Love 5

I just remembered what I meant to ask earlier! Was that Tad that I spied a couple of times helping with the kitchen cabinets in Mina's house and again in the garage when she and Cory were taking a break from kitchen problems? It sure looked like his cute little man bun!

• Love 1