Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Austin

• Start Topic

Delilah makes arrangements for a family photo shoot with longtime photographer Seymour, but Danny struggles to accept that this new family does not include his father. Meanwhile, Rome and Regina make big plans to celebrate Rome’s parents’ 50th wedding anniversary and are forced to take a closer look at their own marital woes; Eddie and Katherine look for a fresh start; and Gary feels disconnected from Maggie.

Airing Thursday, October 24, 2019.

• Love 1

God, Jason Ritter, you're so awesome and I hope you stick around forever. I'll admit that I'm really digging Maggie/Eric, even if it's just as friends. I like the vibe, and I like that Maggie can open up to him. The issue with Gary is that he's always tried to help Maggie but without actually listening to her. 

With Eric, even in these few scenes so far, he's been very supportive of Maggie herself AND she's been supportive back. They already have a more equal relationship. I do like Gary, but his relationship with Maggie IS based off of death. And now, without it, what do they have in common? 

Oh, show. You DID almost think that Regina was going to take Rome's parental spat to mean that she needed to compromise by giving Rome a child (maybe an older child, but one nonetheless). I mean, I still think it could happen, but the end scene with them helped ease my fears a bit. 

The Eddie/Katherine scenes were cute. Damnit! I really like them together. 

The Delilah family stuff? Meh. I guess it's nice to see that someone in the Dixon family didn't forget about Jon. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The Delilah family stuff? Meh. I guess it's nice to see that someone in the Dixon family didn't forget about Jon. 

Heh. I was thinking, 'finally, some indication that these kids are not actually okay!' 

• Love 14

The fake house hunting thing was so pointless.  I understand Katherine and Eddie wanting to have some fun, but the problem with escapism is that you have to go back to reality.  Some goofy made up story and a quickie isn't going to undo Eddie's infidelity.  That cheesy "family photo" probably didn't help.

Moving to Austin isn't a bad idea, or an unreasonable request at all.   If Katherine is willing to work on their marriage, then it shouldn't be an issue for them to move and start fresh.  But she also realizes that Eddie won't move and risk being further away from Charlie.  Katherine just doesn't win here.   

I liked Delilah's photographer more than Delilah.  I really thought he was going to cancel his plans so he could do their photos somehow, and I'm glad I was wrong.  Enjoy Cozumel!

Maggie is very annoying.  I really don't care about her issues, or who she ends up with.  It is funny how she keeps ending up crying into Eric's arms.

• Love 18

The weird thing is that the one character on this show who makes Delilah tolerable to me is Gary. I honestly wonder if that's where he'll end up. They've managed to make a lot of fans root for Eddie & Katherine. And Gary/Delilah have a nice chemistry. Plus, the kids like him. 

Maggie is definitely annoying. Only character I find worse is Delilah. I am shocked how much I've grown to love Katherine 

Still, I love this show. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Heh. I was thinking, 'finally, some indication that these kids are not actually okay!' 

My favorite part of the show, Delilah never shows she misses him (and frankly wanted to leave him) and Sophie was shown a little, but the aftereffects are the worst. Good for you Danny for not letting dad just die and "life goes on" Sometimes you need to talk.

• Love 9

I'm not sure why they keep centering this show around annoying Maggie?  And now we have to listen to her sing.  Jason Ritter is cast as generic nice guy.  Not sure what his purpose is on this show.   Katherine took Eddie back too soon (I wouldn't have taken him back at all).    I need a Jon flashback.  And soon.   The only character I like is the dog and he apparently goes missing next week thanks to you-know-who.

Edited by break21
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, debraran said:

My favorite part of the show, Delilah never shows she misses him (and frankly wanted to leave him) and Sophie was shown a little, but the aftereffects are the worst. Good for you Danny for not letting dad just die and "life goes on" Sometimes you need to talk.

I was a little bothered by the implication that being sad is a bad thing. I mean, you don't want to let it take over your life, but...it's okay to be sad when your dad dies. Even months later. Especially when things come up like taking family photos for whatever reason.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Amethyst said:

The fake house hunting thing was so pointless.  I understand Katherine and Eddie wanting to have some fun, but the problem with escapism is that you have to go back to reality.  Some goofy made up story and a quickie isn't going to undo Eddie's infidelity.  That cheesy "family photo" probably didn't help.

Moving to Austin isn't a bad idea, or an unreasonable request at all.   If Katherine is willing to work on their marriage, then it shouldn't be an issue for them to move and start fresh.  But she also realizes that Eddie won't move and risk being further away from Charlie.  Katherine just doesn't win here.   

Another thing is, Katherine just came up with Austin on a whim. Even saying: "I don't know anything about Austin, but I want to live there and escape everything." Umm... so you have no plan? Hope you get a house, get a job and then Eddie will get a "real job"? What about Theo, what about the fact you can get hit with flooding or possible hurricanes. How about the school systems? It just like Katherine in a depressed state saw some word on Austin and went: "What a great place to live." It made no sense  and her reasoning even made less sense. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, readster said:

Another thing is, Katherine just came up with Austin on a whim. Even saying: "I don't know anything about Austin, but I want to live there and escape everything." Umm... so you have no plan? Hope you get a house, get a job and then Eddie will get a "real job"? What about Theo, what about the fact you can get hit with flooding or possible hurricanes. How about the school systems? It just like Katherine in a depressed state saw some word on Austin and went: "What a great place to live." It made no sense  and her reasoning even made less sense. 

Well, but she wasn't actually planning. She was dreaming. She knew it wasn't going to happen, cuz Eddie's not going, and for some reason, she's sticking with him.

• Love 19

I'm still hanging in for Katherine and the occasional sighting of her assistant, Carter (last week), but what I don't get is, why did Katherine and Eddie have closet sex at the open house across the street, but when they got home later that evening, they went to separate rooms?

Edited by cardigirl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

And if any harm actually comes to Collin the dog next week, I am officially out.

I apparently missed the part where he gets loose(?); guess I checked out before the preview. 

I did love that they included Colin in the "family" photo, though.

• Love 1

Ha, I had to laugh when Gary panicked about getting floss stuck in his teeth.

Damn, Rome's dad sucks. This cruise to Alaska is what your wife has been asking to do for years and when you finally give it to her, you make it clear that you don't want to go? I'm with Renee - why bother if you're just going to be a grump about it?

I get why Maggie wants to do some of the stuff she always wanted to do but without Gary. He needs to understand and accept that what she's doing is for her and is not about hurting him. She thought she was going to die and now she is going to live. As much as she loves him, not everything in her life is about him (nor should it be). She wants to find out who she is without cancer and not all of that needs to be as Gary's girlfriend. As for Eric being at open mic night, (1) Eric is the one who told her about it so I'm okay with him being there and (2) sometimes it's easier to do stuff like that in front of someone who doesn't know you that well.

The only positive thing I can say about Delilah is that at least she thanked everyone for dropping everything and coming over to the house to take the family photo together (although I don't understand the urgency - she could have texted everyone and asked them to come over that weekend so people wouldn't be rushing around to accommodate her).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

. As for Eric being at open mic night, (1) Eric is the one who told her about it so I'm okay with him being there and (2) sometimes it's easier to do stuff like that in front of someone who doesn't know you that well.

It's not like Maggie even ended up going to open mic night, anyway. She decided to play alone in her apartment...though how did Gary find out where Maggie was possibly going? Maybe I missed the shot of Gary finding that flyer that Eric gave Maggie.

9 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I get why Maggie wants to do some of the stuff she always wanted to do but without Gary. He needs to understand and accept that what she's doing is for her and is not about hurting him. She thought she was going to die and now she is going to live. As much as she loves him, not everything in her life is about him (nor should it be). She wants to find out who she is without cancer and not all of that needs to be as Gary's girlfriend.

Especially since we know the timeline of the relationship: nine months. They've only been together about nine months, so it may not be a totally new relationship, but it's still new enough where Maggie SHOULDN'T be attached to Gary's hip. And yes, it sucks that she has chosen Eric to open up to instead of Gary, but I don't like that Gary's reaction is about him. I like Maggie's response to Gary asking if they were ok, with making it about how she needs to deal with her own stuff. It's true; Gary is still getting to know Maggie. He does need to give her space and she deserves to have that space. She may be annoying the hell out of me, but she was speaking truth to Gary in their final scene. It's not about him; it's about her, and rightfully so. 

And, again, I can't forget about when Gary tried to blackmail Maggie into treatment, basically not listening to her wishes because he thought he knew better. Just because he was right about it, doesn't mean he was right to do it. 

7 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The only positive thing I can say about Delilah is that at least she thanked everyone for dropping everything and coming over to the house to take the family photo together (although I don't understand the urgency - she could have texted everyone and asked them to come over that weekend so people wouldn't be rushing around to accommodate her).

I think it was because she realized her kids kind of needed the family photo that day...though yeah, don't necessarily agree with it. Danny needed some time to process. How would Delilah have known that the conversation would have gone well? If it hadn't, Delilah would have had to have an awkward "Well....don't need you guys anymore for the photo so....you can go home now..." conversation.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's not like Maggie even ended up going to open mic night, anyway. She decided to play alone in her apartment...though how did Gary find out where Maggie was possibly going? Maybe I missed the shot of Gary finding that flyer that Eric gave Maggie.

Yeah, Maggie left it conveniently lying on their kitchen counter/island thingy. They did give us quite the misdirect on that scene, as we see Maggie is in her apartment and never made it to open mic place. 

I agree Maggie needs to find her own way without being attached to Gary's hip; they really moved in together too fast, too soon, ,I think, tho I get the impulse to not waste time with all they've been thru. But I do wonder if they'll really go there with Jason Ritter and how squicky it would actually be if she did sleep with when he has her brother's heart. 

• Love 6

In what universe would a woman decide that her birth announcement photo should include the secret father of her child AND his wife?  That's wacky.  But, since there have been no consequences to her affair, Delilah is basically pretending like it never happened. 

And what's even wackier is that everyone else seems to be going along with it.  Given the current state of their relationship, there is no way Eddie would go along with putting Katherine into a situation where she has to pose for that photo.  

I felt kind of bad for the poor plot-device guy who found the wallet, who went out of his way to return it in person and barely got acknowledged.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Thank you! I thought maybe I imagined this. I mentioned it in an email discussion with a friend and they thought I was crazy. (Well crazi-er)

Gary did see the flyer on the counter after he plucked her funeral arrangement folder out of the trash.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
31 minutes ago, mikem said:

In what universe would a woman decide that her birth announcement photo should include the secret father of her child AND his wife?  That's wacky.  But, since there have been no consequences to her affair, Delilah is basically pretending like it never happened. 

And what's even wackier is that everyone else seems to be going along with it.  Given the current state of their relationship, there is no way Eddie would go along with putting Katherine into a situation where she has to pose for that photo. 

I couldn't decide if D actually wanted Eddie in the photo and had to ask everyone in order to cover that up (for the kids, since everyone else knows), or if it was the opposite - she wanted everyone else in the photo but couldn't exclude Eddie, and thus, Katherine.

I liked Eddie at the start, but man, making out with your (ex?) wife in front of your baby mama is really a douche move. I don't care how 'cool' everyone is about the whole situation, that really (literally) made me cringe.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, mikem said:In what universe would a woman decide that her birth announcement photo should include the secret father of her child AND his wife?  That's wacky.  But, since there have been no consequences to her affair, Delilah is basically pretending like it never happened. And what's even wackier is that everyone else seems to be going along with it.  Given the current state of their relationship, there is no way Eddie would go along with putting Katherine into a situation where she has to pose for that photo.  

I felt kind of bad for the poor plot-device guy who found the wallet, who went out of his way to return it in person and barely got acknowledged.

Oh, but it’s Delilah, who everybody loves for no apparent reason, so . . . 

I was happy the guy returning the wallet was from West Newton (where I live), rather than just Newton. Newton is made up of 17 smaller villages like Newton Centre, West Newton,  Auburndale, etc. usually shows just say Newton. It was a small detail, but a nice one.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I totally didn't even pick up on this. Dammit, show, do not make me go back and rewatch things. (I won't, unless I can find just that scene online, because I'm not rewatching the whole episode and OnDemand doesn't let you fast forward).

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Wait, what?  Maggie didn't go to open mic night?  Then who was singing her funeral song, and why was Gary so pissed when he was there that he left immediately if not because he saw her singing with Eric in the audience?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, izabella said:

Wait, what?  Maggie didn't go to open mic night?  Then who was singing her funeral song, and why was Gary so pissed when he was there that he left immediately if not because he saw her singing with Eric in the audience?

20 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I totally didn't even pick up on this. Dammit, show, do not make me go back and rewatch things. (I won't, unless I can find just that scene online, because I'm not rewatching the whole episode and OnDemand doesn't let you fast forward).

To be fair, I had to rewind in order to even catch this, but here is what happened:

Shots of Maggie singing and Eric in the audience. Gary enters, sees Eric, they acknowledge each other.

Then, this is where things got confusing since the shots were done in rapid succession. Gary leaves, shot cuts to Maggie, shot zooms out to Maggie's apartment alone, with audience clapping in the background. But then it cuts to Eric sitting at Open Mic Night and there's a guy onstage, so Eric was watching the guy playing, not Maggie. Maggie was playing in her empty apartment the entire time. 

Hence, why the majority of her song was shot as a closeup on her face and weird lighting. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Ugh. Gary and The Flossing Crisis. Have you ever taken an acting class, then gone to a bar/restaurant afterwards with your classmates? Gary = those classmates to the nth power. Look at me! Pay attention to me, server! Constantly. Just shut it. 

Rome was so much funnier than Gary at the car commercial shoot with the browser history size “joke” and the produce-a-commercial-referencing-Austin-jobs-and-RE joke. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

To be fair, I had to rewind in order to even catch this, but here is what happened:

Shots of Maggie singing and Eric in the audience. Gary enters, sees Eric, they acknowledge each other.

Then, this is where things got confusing since the shots were done in rapid succession. Gary leaves, shot cuts to Maggie, shot zooms out to Maggie's apartment alone, with audience clapping in the background. But then it cuts to Eric sitting at Open Mic Night and there's a guy onstage, so Eric was watching the guy playing, not Maggie. Maggie was playing in her empty apartment the entire time. 

Hence, why the majority of her song was shot as a closeup on her face and weird lighting. 

I even wondered if the singing was just in Maggie's imagination, because okay I can see the piano in her apartment, but a microphone and speakers, too?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Thank you!

2 hours ago, mikem said:

In the same universe where a couple would go into a closet at an open house with people wandering around. 

These people have work schedules that are so flexible. A therapist can go to the music shop and play and go over history with Eric.  She also staged her apartment?  The chef at a new restaurant can be at a commercial shoot and everyone drops what they are doing to a photo shoot.  Admittedly I missed some of last season so maybe it would be more believable if I had seen all episodes. 

The visit with he baby before school, was the kicker.  

I know grief isn’t  the same for everyone but would someone be so raw about the brothers death that happened so long ago?  The public sobbing and pawing at Eric seemed so cringeworthy for me.  Pull yourself together you obviously have the tools to be self aware.  

• Love 17
4 hours ago, readster said:

hat about the fact you can get hit with flooding or possible hurricanes. How about the school systems?

Texas is a HUGE state.  Austin is quite far for hurricanes.  They do have some flooding.  It is the natural disaster they are most prone to but it isn't Houston.   Kids move.  People start over.  These things aren't huge deals and Austin has a great music scene which could be good for Eddie.   She'd have to pass the bar in Texas which would be the biggest issue with them moving (aside from separating Eddie from Charlie) but this is just her reaching for a fresh start, a daydream.  This isn't a real thing.  She's just imagining a fresh start.  She isn't moving them.

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Admittedly I missed some of last season so maybe it would be more believable if I had seen all episodes. 

I've seen all the episodes, and ...no.

Every episode I find myself wondering, "when the hell does Gary work?" We've seen him at work once or twice so we know he has a job (isn't he an actuary for an insurance company or something like that? Seems like the kind of job that would expect you to be in the office during regular business hours). Then again I rarely know what time of day it's supposed to be. Or even what day of the week it's supposed to be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

This Forum for AMLT is far more interesting and entertaining than the actual show, thanks to you guys. 🙂

3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Every episode I find myself wondering, "when the hell does Gary work?" We've seen him at work once or twice so we know he has a job (isn't he an actuary for an insurance company or something like that?

When is the last time we've seen Gary actually at work? Maybe the middle of last season? Incredible. Katherine, Rome, and Regina appear to be the only characters with a somewhat realistic work/home balance. In fact, we see Regina more at work than anywhere else.

4 hours ago, cardigirl said:

but what I don't get is, why did Katherine and Eddie have closet sex at the open house across the street, but when they got home later that evening, they went to separate rooms?

Yeah that was weird, wasn't it? and does Theo know his parents are sleeping in separate rooms? I do kind of see the point with Katherine, though, as she may still need some space between her and Eddie.

14 hours ago, Amethyst said:

Although I posted weeks ago that Eddie and Katherine really need a fresh start, it can never happen within the show's context. The escapism was a nice little distraction, but hours later they have to pose for a photo with Eddie's former mistress and his out-of-wedlock daughter. It's nice to dream, but reality hits hard. I can dream about being married to Salma Hayek, but when I wake up...sadly, I'm not. Nor am I her Billionaire Husband, lol.

5 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I can't care about Maggie. Her brother has been gone for years, and while I'm sure you never really get over these kinds of losses, she's acting like it JUST happened. And the way she just thrusts herself and her dramas into everyone's lives..

Maggie is threatening to surpass Delilah as this show's must un-likeable character.  She's Immature, whiny, and runs away from problems at the drop of a hat. Hey, you're beating Cancer! Get tougher. Maggie's quickly getting to the point where it's hard to find a single redeeming thing about her. She and Gary together is like Toxic Sludge in a Quicksand Bog.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
13 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

This Forum for AMLT is far more interesting and entertaining than the actual show, thanks to you guys. 🙂

That might be part of the reason I'm actually still watching...

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

And another thing, why is Maggie even ‘staging’ an apartment? She doesn’t own it, so she’s not selling it. That’s a ridiculous thing to do.  Even if she’s trying to find someone to sublet to, in Boston she’ll have no problem finding a renter. 

This show. Sigh. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

And another thing, why is Maggie even ‘staging’ an apartment? She doesn’t own it, so she’s not selling it. That’s a ridiculous thing to do.  Even if she’s trying to find someone to sublet to, in Boston she’ll have no problem finding a renter. 

This show. Sigh. 

I thought she WAS trying to sell it. Now that her mom isn't staying in the apartment anymore, I thought her goal was to sell it (though...maybe not now with her fighting with Gary....)

Poor Eric. Now he has to deal with Maggie constantly bothering him while she’s sobbing. He is a lot nicer than most people would be. It used to all be about Delilah, but now it seems to be all about Maggie. I give it another episode or two before she sleeps with Eric and then is all sad face around Gary.

Regina is also annoying me. It seems like all the recent decisions had been about what she wants, what she needs. Roman can be supportive for only so long.

Eddie and Katherine are so cute together.

• Love 4

How convenient that Maggie still has that empty apartment so she can move back in when she tells Gary she needs some space. This show is honestly exhausting.  I'm completely in hate watch mode. I'm going to go ahead and put myself in the naughty corner by saying that Theo is just a little too precious. It's just over the top like much of this show. Thank goodness for Colin, who never disappoints. 

• Love 15
55 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I thought she WAS trying to sell it. Now that her mom isn't staying in the apartment anymore, I thought her goal was to sell it (though...maybe not now with her fighting with Gary....)

Then they should call it a condo and not an apartment. People own condos, they rent apartments. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Then they should call it a condo and not an apartment. People own condos, they rent apartments. 

She said she was looking for a subletter (I'm 99% sure that's what I heard). 

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, luna1122 said:

And don't even get me started on that "FAMILY" photo shoot,  which Katherine somehow allowed herself to be dragged into. That is crazy-infuriating and humiliating. She looks like an idiot for taking Eddie back and then allowing that kind of bullshit to happen.

Why would Katherine be a part of that picture.  She never really fit in, maybe she wanted Lady D to see her and Eddie back together. The whole Eddie/Katherine/Delilah storyline is ridiculous.  Eddie was so in love with Delilah, she had his child, she told crybaby Maggie that she felt Eddie needed to be in the picture.  Does she still have feelings for him?  He forgot her pretty quickly.  If Jon didn't kill himself Eddie and Delilah would be together right, that was their plan. 

Maggie is awful, you think she would be happy her brother's heart could help someone else live.  I was surprised that she ran into his Eric's shop and I guess she wanted to feel his heart beat and he pulled her hand away.  Sorry but finding out that in death your brother helped someone else live should not be a reason to carry on, run all over the place sobbing and crying on people's shoulders and acting like your life is over.  

Not sure why we got Rome's parents  fighting?  Didn't make Regina realize anything about her and Rome.  Regina is a PITA, starting not to like her either.  

Agree with a poster above, if any harm comes to Colin I am out!

Theo continues to go for that Emmy nomination.  

• Love 4

I don't know why but I thought when she grabbed at his chest/heart, it was cringe worthy, I did not think it was sad, just bizarre and I would never want her as a therapist. I know some kooky therapists exist, we've all known or heard about them, but she doesn't practice anything she learned, did she get degree from mail order?

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, readster said:

Another thing is, Katherine just came up with Austin on a whim. Even saying: "I don't know anything about Austin, but I want to live there and escape everything." Umm... so you have no plan? Hope you get a house, get a job and then Eddie will get a "real job"? 

Katherine said she read an article about top places to live in the US, and Austin was number 1.  So then she did a little of research about it. One of the search results we saw were lawyer jobs in Austin. It was all just fantasy, but we're all allowed a little fantasy sometimes.

4 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

When is the last time we've seen Gary actually at work? Maybe the middle of last season? Incredible. Katherine, Rome, and Regina appear to be the only characters with a somewhat realistic work/home balance. In fact, we see Regina more at work than anywhere else.

Gary works in insurance, right? I once had a summer job at an insurance company. Super boring place. I don't need to see Gary there, unless they are giving him a new love interest that he works with. 

Now, having him clearly not be working when it is a workday is weird. This seemed to be a weekend because the kids weren't at school and Katherine wasn't working either. The commercial shoot could easily be on a weekend. But if it was a weekend, you would think Regina would be at her restaurant.....

• Love 3

I pride myself on being observant, but DJ Nash is begging for people to call him out on his shitty Easter eggs! I didn’t even recognize Maggie as being the woman in the photo enclosed in the folder for the funeral home. I honestly thought the folder belonged to Gary and he was the one who was afraid to throw it out in case HE got sick again. The photo looked like it was part of a pamphlet. Is it too much to ask for some clarity? Oh wait...I forgot! 

A viable solution and for the birth announcement would have been to only photograph the kids, not D, T and everyone else, except for Colin. He belongs in all of the photos! I really, really hate those nicknames! I realize it would also mean that no one would be worshipping at the altar of St. Delilah, so that’s why it can’t happen. 

Lastly, how does a kid who knows random trivia about a koala bear’s fingerprints think his mom saved the Grand Canyon?!?! The writers are ridiculous. (For the record, I can’t stand Theo, so I’d be OK if he was sent to boarding school in Austin!)

Maggie still sucks.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I liked Eddie at the start, but man, making out with your (ex?) wife in front of your baby mama is really a douche move. I don't care how 'cool' everyone is about the whole situation, that really (literally) made me cringe.

I'm just grateful they didn't cut to Delilah looking at him longingly. I swear, every episode when Eddie's with Katherine in front of Delilah, I keep waiting for them to pull that. Thankfully that's one thing they haven't done to try to make me feel bad for Delilah. Kudos, show!

1 hour ago, Bridget said:

I didn’t even recognize Maggie as being the woman in the photo enclosed in the folder for the funeral home. I honestly thought the folder belonged to Gary and he was the one who was afraid to throw it out in case HE got sick again. The photo looked like it was part of a pamphlet. Is it too much to ask for some clarity?

He dug the folder out of the trash after Maggie told him that she'd thrown away all her plans for her own funeral. So in this case, it wasn't really some hidden easter egg sort of situation. They did show us all the pieces involved (Maggie and Gary talked about her former funeral plans folder, she told him she threw it away, he took it out of the trash and looked through it and her photo was in the pocket on the left, and then he put the folder back in the trash and noticed the piano bar flyer on the counter). It was just confusing with that last scene faking us out, making us think she was actually at the piano bar when she wasn't.

• Love 1

What bothers me the most is how dismissive everyone is of the kids. They are lying and hoping that the truth about baby Charlie will never come out. It is very unlikely that they can keep up. someone will say too much, too loud, something will happen. Worse than the absurd belief that the truth will never come out is how disrespectful it is. Sophie is old enough to be granted the truth and so is Danny. He is being true to himself and coming out on his own but he cannot be trusted? Theo is much younger but there are ways to explain the whole thing to him, maybe even easier for him to accept and be happy. 

I am afraid the writers want to up the drama with some unexpected medical emergency and the truth is forced out - stories played and replayed over and over on TV.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, alexvillage said:

What bothers me the most is how dismissive everyone is of the kids. They are lying and hoping that the truth about baby Charlie will never come out. It is very unlikely that they can keep up. someone will say too much, too loud, something will happen. Worse than the absurd belief that the truth will never come out is how disrespectful it is. Sophie is old enough to be granted the truth and so is Danny. He is being true to himself and coming out on his own but he cannot be trusted? Theo is much younger but there are ways to explain the whole thing to him, maybe even easier for him to accept and be happy. 

I am afraid the writers want to up the drama with some unexpected medical emergency and the truth is forced out - stories played and replayed over and over on TV.

It's also 2019 and Charly's blood type is on paperwork which may or may not help. DNA testing is easy. HIPPA was ignored by medical workers when Sophie found out about the pregnancy but it's TV and that might happen again.

Not telling the kids, if the show really wants it to be Eddies , will be the holiday break show when Sophie overhears Eddie talking to her mother and her face will collapse. Jon's shirt over the crib was done for even more effect, will she take it down, break the glass, leave the home. Of course Delilah will look helpless and call all her friends to help, while beating herself up and wringing her hands. They will reassure her she is a great mother and did what she thought was right. 😉

Does anyone remember how Gary got Colin? I was thinking he might just go back to his owner, they do that if lost and Nash might have read about that online with all the "dog returning home" stories. Maybe he's hurt or maybe he just leaves the loony bin and goes home. lol

Edited by debraran
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Now, having him clearly not be working when it is a workday is weird. This seemed to be a weekend because the kids weren't at school and Katherine wasn't working either. The commercial shoot could easily be on a weekend. But if it was a weekend, you would think Regina would be at her restaurant.....

That's what drives me crazy. Seriously, only people we ever see "truly" working are Rome, Katherine and Rome's wife and to a small extent Delilah. Everyone else seems to just work whenever. I hate that on tv shows, you can show they work real jobs and still have interactions with people. Other shows have done it for years and just a phrase such as: "what a day at the office" or "We'll talk about this when I get home from work." Is all you need. 

• Love 2