Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

I did not get to see the dental visit reel of layla...but I did watch the vid of layla and Zade putting the play make up on...you could tell that right before the video filmed Carlin told layla she had to play/share with her brother...the ATTITUDE from layla is so obvious...she shared, but she sure didn't want to...I get the same vibes from Allie J and A's daughter...watch layla with Zade or really interact with anyone ..Layla gets what she wants and she always has to be the center of attention...Zade seems like a sweetie....

• Like 5
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Weird, I can’t remember my parents ever bribing me to do anything as a child.

Same here. Mine just told me to do something with a tone and attitude that said they just assumed that was enough and that I would comply. They were right. But my parents aren’t emotionally stunted morons.

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, AgathaC said:

Same here. Mine just told me to do something with a tone and attitude that said they just assumed that was enough and that I would comply. They were right. But my parents aren’t emotionally stunted morons.

Lol, and I'm assuming your family's income didn't depend on your willingness to preen for a camera. 

• Like 7

Using foods to soothe and settle kids sets them up for possible weight issues as adults. They're learning to use food if they feel nervous, scared, tired, etc. So yup, that 'break-up quart of ice cream' is learned in childhood.

• Like 12
58 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, and I'm assuming your family's income didn't depend on your willingness to preen for a camera. 

Correct. Though I was the first child and grandchild, so some performing was required. ;) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
On 2/7/2024 at 8:13 PM, GeeGolly said:

Using foods to soothe and settle kids sets them up for possible weight issues as adults. They're learning to use food if they feel nervous, scared, tired, etc. So yup, that 'break-up quart of ice cream' is learned in childhood.

Absolutely.  My parents didn't do anything like that with me, but I still developed and emotional eating habit in adulthood.  It is a very hard habit to kick and Layla will have problems with it as she gets older.  Her parents have hardwired it into her.  

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1

Where is the dentist office video? Why would anyone go to the dentist for a check up/cleaning and not have freshly flossed and brushed teeth? Layla's teeth must have been filled with Cheetos and sticky sugar/lollipop residue. If this is true, these two are certainly clueless parents. They must go to the dentist with filthy teeth also.

• Like 8
41 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

She has a reel in her stories. Those costumes look very expensive. Maybe they were able to rent them from some place? 

I'm wondering that too. Those costumes were nice. They definitely weren't cobbled together from the thrift store. Zade looked so cute in the wig. 

Couple of random thoughts:

Kelly's dropped a lot of weight. 

I think Tiffany is pregnant. 

No John and Alyssa? They were the only ones I didn't spot in the crowd. 

• Like 1

Well it could be a pimped out BSB dress. 😁 

Actually Amazon has a lot of prairie style costume dresses which I'm sure Michael could add ruffles or whatever in about 20 minutes.

• Useful 4

Apparently Evan’s younger brother Ethan and his wife are separated. They have been married for almost 3 years. 
She had a miscarriage back in the summer. 
From the little I have seen of him he seemed like a real piece of work.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
49 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Apparently Evan’s younger brother Ethan and his wife are separated. They have been married for almost 3 years. 

Worse than Evan? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
51 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Is he the one who recently became a police officer?

31 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Worse than Evan? 

He's a gun nut, extreme right wing red piller. Oh, and he's also a cop. 

I'm truly sorry for any woman who miscarries, but getting away from that psycho was the best thing the wife could've possibly done. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Posters on FJ said yesterday that Ethan and his ex (sorry, I forget her name) erased the presence of the other on SM, and the ex is using her maiden name. I just checked his IG, and he's now gone private. I guess people couldn't resist sending him nasty DMs. 

eta I found Grace as well and she's also gone private.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

Maybe this stuff with the brother has made going to visit Evan’s parents not a party party all night long and that’s why C&E haven’t been off to Nashville as much….

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Worse than Evan? Hard to believe.

• Like 2

Interesting about Evan's brother's divorce.  I bet that is why they aren't spending as much time with his family right now.  It isn't about them.  

Carlin said that she got most of her and the kids LHOTP costumes at Goodwill.  Amazing how Goodwill had the perfect Nellie and Willy Olsen wigs.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
59 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Interesting about Evan's brother's divorce.  I bet that is why they aren't spending as much time with his family right now.  It isn't about them.  

Carlin said that she got most of her and the kids LHOTP costumes at Goodwill.  Amazing how Goodwill had the perfect Nellie and Willy Olsen wigs.  

Lulz! Carlin managed to find prairie-style clothing in perfect condition and the right sizes for four people at Goodwill?! She's so full of crap. She probably feels stupid for spending a gob of money on costumes when most of the adults didn't bother. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

She lies. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1

They ordered Evan'c costume from Amazon. If she got her dress from Goodwill she had to alter it with the purple trim I am sure. If you ask me Alyssa was smart to stay away from this stupid event. 

• Like 8

Evidently Carlin has learned very well from her parents how to "lie but not lie". Her statement that she got their costumes from Goodwill is not true. She only found some accessories there.

• Like 10
(edited)

Apparently after all that time and money they still only got 2nd place in the costume contest.  Erin’s family won. 
I didn’t get a good look at the Paines’  costumes but given the rumors of bad blood between Carlin and Erin it must have been quite disappointing for Carlin.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Apparently after all that time and money they still only got 2nd place in the costume contest.  Erin’s family won. 
I didn’t get a good look at the Paines’’ costumes but given the rumors of bad blood between Carlin and Erin it must have been quite disappointing for Carlin.

Maybe the rest of the Bates family finds Layla’s duck lips and constant posing annoying and not cute?

• Like 3
  • Applause 11

So Carlin is on a girls trip to Universal Orlando with who else but the pastors wife + pastor’s wife’s sister/relative who is age 65+ and has 10 grandkids + some other 45 yr old lady. Man IDK about everyone rose but when I was 25, I certainly wasn’t tagging along with the 45-65 yr old crowd. It’s like C&E are holding up a sign saying - we repel people our own age. Wonder if these ladies think it’s weird that Carlin is always sooo eager for any trip - I mean these people aren’t leaving toddlers behind but preteens/teens and adult kids who have flown the nest?! Meanwhile Carlin is posting sappy IG OMG my kids are growing up tooo fast while running off to Orlando to party party.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
8 hours ago, cereality said:

So Carlin is on a girls trip to Universal Orlando with who else but the pastors wife + pastor’s wife’s sister/relative who is age 65+ and has 10 grandkids + some other 45 yr old lady. Man IDK about everyone rose but when I was 25, I certainly wasn’t tagging along with the 45-65 yr old crowd. It’s like C&E are holding up a sign saying - we repel people our own age. Wonder if these ladies think it’s weird that Carlin is always sooo eager for any trip - I mean these people aren’t leaving toddlers behind but preteens/teens and adult kids who have flown the nest?! Meanwhile Carlin is posting sappy IG OMG my kids are growing up tooo fast while running off to Orlando to party party.

maybe the trauma and neglect she experienced is so bad  she is looking for a mother figure. and the gals she is with know this and are actually helping her and loving her...that is a possibility. I am writing an article on shame and started the research about 2 weeks ago..this goes along with knowing the roles in a dysfunctional family...the scapegoat, savior, lost child, rescuer..etc etc...I am wondering what role Carlin was " assigned"...clues in her life may indicate the lost child..She has a  need for attention, friends with her children, and now friends with mother figures fulfilling the role for her of the mother's attention she never quite had??? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 6
4 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

maybe the trauma and neglect she experienced is so bad  she is looking for a mother figure. and the gals she is with know this and are actually helping her and loving her...that is a possibility. I am writing an article on shame and started the research about 2 weeks ago..this goes along with knowing the roles in a dysfunctional family...the scapegoat, savior, lost child, rescuer..etc etc...I am wondering what role Carlin was " assigned"...clues in her life may indicate the lost child..She has a  need for attention, friends with her children, and now friends with mother figures fulfilling the role for her of the mother's attention she never quite had??? 

I think you could be on to something.  I would love to read it!  It is also interesting to see these dynamics play out in the workplace.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think you could be on to something.  I would love to read it!  It is also interesting to see these dynamics play out in the workplace.

its early days yet and I am really taking my time...but once you learn about dysfunctional family systems, emotions and poverty -- you can spot what you've learned  in anyone...I can see issues in Carlin, Erin, Katie and Lawson the most....and as far as kids the two I see that "act out" are Allie and Layla....there is the saying " you are who you really are , when no one is looking" It is really hard to hide a true self when everybody looks at you day after day - for a living...

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

I agree that's why Carlin is the way she is. She's never gotten much attention from anyone especially her parents'. She's what the That's why she always tried to insert herself into her siblings' stuff or momnets. That's why she had the biggest wedding. It's all to get attenbtion that she never got growing. She's what? The ninth kid? No one cares about the ninth kid. Same with her videos and all of her trips and getting stuff she doesn't need like Tesla. Her sibling or sibling-in-law gets something she has to get it too or bigger/better. Unfortunately all of that really drives people away from her. Her visits with Katie and her in-laws have suddenly got really short. She's no longer close with Zach and Whitney. Her parents' of course are MIA as usual. She can't even get Michaela to watch her kids. She doesn't seem to have any friends either. She's still not getting the attention she needs. 

• Sad 7
  • Useful 2