Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

I'm sure there are a lot of deep psychological issues at play for Carlin (and Evan too, Mr I can quit a good career to watch my wife not faint). I'd be interested in hearing more about your research, Diml1. I also think that this couple, the most of all of the Bates and Duggars, would have really benefitted from a more mainstream experience. I feel like most of what they do, (look for attention, seek instant gratification, focus on fun over responsibility) would be totally normal for a (probably unmarried) couple in a crappy apartment having the kind of early-mid twenties hijinx you half remember fondly, half wildly regret. 

What makes this a problem is the kids. Being a good parent and being Party! Party! all_the_time aren't really compatible and the kids are getting treated like something between pets and roommates. Also, Carlin's peers (ie siblings because of Gothard's anti-friendship nonsense) are all having an, on the surface, at least, easier time of growing up and getting responsible. That means they're leaving C and E behind. 

• Like 9
11 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

maybe the trauma and neglect she experienced is so bad  she is looking for a mother figure. and the gals she is with know this and are actually helping her and loving her...that is a possibility. 

That's an interesting take, I never considered that. Several posters have noted that Carlin spoiling Layla with candy and fast food is her way of making up for the treats she never got in childhood. It's entirely plausible she's gravitating towards older women to experience the nurturing Kelly didn't (and still doesn't) provide. Also notable that the stuff she does with them, i.e., baseball games and theme parks, are the kinds of activities common for kids to do with their parents. 

3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Her visits with Katie and her in-laws have suddenly got really short. 

I'm really curious as to what's going on with the in-laws. Carlin and Evan were going to Nashville at least two weekends a month, and their 'weekends' were 5-6 day stays. Maybe Evan's brother had to move back in temporarily due to his divorce, and it's a little strained. It surely isn't so Carlin can be more present at the Boutique. Aside from dropping in once a month for photo shoots, she's never there. I'm assuming they'll be going to NJ for Hailey's fancy birthday party, but it'll be interesting to see how long they crash at Katie's. 

• Like 3

I think everything Carlin does is for SM content. She likely got wind of these ladies going to Disney and invited herself to go along.

They are now training Zade to perform for the camera. The problem is, is its so obviously fake. The last reel I saw was a V Day reel. It was all about Evan and Zade giving Layla gifts. Lets just say there wasn't a Oscar winning performance among them.

They did another one where Zade mimics Evan while watching a football game. Problem is Zade never looked at Evan, so he wouldn't know what Evan was doing. It was so obvious Carlin was out of the shot coaching Zade.

• Like 6

Carlin seems to be absolutely fine now. She is quite active, "works" at the boutique, shops around town and travels out of state without her caretaker, Evan....no passing out. Sooooo,,,, there is no reason on Earth why Evan can't get back to work with the profession he trained years for. Evan, quit hanging around the ladies and go to work. It's time these two start living a real grown up, responsible life. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 7
(edited)

I've never been to Universal but isn't that a place where Carlin would have wanted to take Layla?  Interesting choice for a Girl's Trip.  

Evan has no desire to go back to electrical work.  He has said that on their channel.  He is now into digital media and from what they have said, if Carlin can get back to driving, he will take on more customers by freelancing himself out.  They alluded that he is already doing some things for their church in this area.  

The real test will come when he does have jobs to go to and leaves Carlin at home with the children and the car keys.  Can she handle day to day life without him around all the time?  She grew up with a gaggle of siblings to do things with and someone was always around.  She's had Evan by her side for two years now.  She obviously had a very hard time with him being gone when he was in school and she was in charge of their baby and home.  

Another thing I wanted to point out.  Before Christmas, I posted how Kelly always made an effort to be connected to her children, but Gil was hardly ever seen.  Since I made that post, Gil has been around Carlin and her kids A LOT.  Over at C&E's home playing with the kids or taking Carlin around to shop etc.  He's traveling this weekend to be at Hailey's 1st b-day party.  I just find it interesting his sudden involvement in some of kids lives.  

Edited by ranchgirl
change and to can
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
5 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

He is now into digital media

With no training? Just because it’s a hobby doesn’t mean he can make a living doing it. LOL. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3

With children to support, a home mortgage and a Tesla to pay for, Evan need a real week to week paying job with income he can count on...not a church paying him whatever $ or freelancing little jobs here and there. It seems to me that they are not saving for a rainy day, for tomorrow OR for their old age. Not smart IMO.  Universal from what my son told me, he works for Universal and practically lives in the park that has lots of visually and physically stimulating rides and attractions. By physically stimulating, I mean visually, lots of lights, sounds, movement etc..things that would NOT be good for passing out Carlin. This proves to me that she is absolutely ready to assume her grown up duties and responsibilities.

• Like 7

They took Layla to Disney when they were in town for Jackson's wedding, and I don't think it went too well. She looked cranky and exhausted in most of the videos. Of course, she was probably up until 2 a.m. the night before and didn't have the energy for a long day at a theme park. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

New video is up. Thumbnail exclaims that they were with the kids FOR 72 HOURS!!!!!111  

They're your kids. Can't you spend 3 days with them without going stir crazy? Apparently not if they have to make such a big deal about it. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

He has said that on their channel.  He is now into digital media and from what they have said, if Carlin can get back to driving, he will take on more customers by freelancing himself out.  They alluded that he is already doing some things for their church in this area. 

Having been heavily involved in a church and tech team ministry in the past, video work is something they would expect you to donate to the church as Service/Serving in Ministry. And don't even begin to think the service hours offset the amount they expect you to be tithing.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Having been heavily involved in a church and tech team ministry in the past, video work is something they would expect you to donate to the church as Service/Serving in Ministry. And don't even begin to think the service hours offset the amount they expect you to be tithing.

I belong to the heathen Roman Catholic Church, and, while my church does hire media/tech consultants for the big projects, there is a volunteer committee of parishioners who are media savvy who do the day to day stuff as part of their 'ministry'.  Same as I do with the medical volunteerism for our El Salvador projects.  I don't get paid, there is a once a year dinner at the church hall to thank us for our work.  And, no, no one has ever said that my medical volunteer work is at all related to any financial support I might provide the church.

I doubt their church pays Evan much, if anything, for doing media work.  If he ever completes a project, the pastor would probably be willing to be used as a reference for him when trying to get future work, but that's about it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5

I really don't think that Carlin wants to have another child and if she does it will set her right back to where she was 2 years ago.   Months ago during a Youtube video when Evan brought up that he felt Carlin was ready for another baby she said no . She went on to say that she liked being pregnant and giving birth and the attention was great but shortly after the baby came the depression set in.  I was surprised that she was self aware enough to realize this. And another baby isn't going to help her mature into an adult. Like another poster said if Carlin and Evan didn't have 2 kids their behavior would not be so strange at least for now.    

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I watched their most recent YouTube last night. They said that the pool for their backyard is in the works. How can they pay for this? An inground swimming pool should set them back between $30K and 45K. Will they finance this? Are they financing everything? If so, one day "it" will hit the fan. I certainly would like to know how these two are living on 1/2 of the boutique net profits.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 7
20 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I watched their most recent YouTube last night. They said that the pool for their backyard is in the works. How can they pay for this? An inground swimming pool should set them back between $30K and 45K. Will they finance this? Are they financing everything? If so, one day "it" will hit the fan. I certainly would like to know how these two are living on 1/2 of the boutique net profits.

They're definitely financing it. I think they do well off their combined streams of income, but they don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars stacked up. Wasn't it not too long ago Evan was bitching about medical bills and Carlin started doing her own nails to save money? They probably have good credit, but they're borrowing within an inch of their lives. 

I'm assuming Zach and Whit have talked about putting in a pool, so now Evan and Carlin need one. Just wait until Josie upgrades to a McMansion. That'll really send Carlin into a tizzy.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

I thought they talked about putting in an above ground pool. That would be expensive but not like an in ground pool. I don't care how thy are paying for it. My concern is for the kids who may get outside and in the pool.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I thought they talked about putting in an above ground pool. That would be expensive but not like an in ground pool. I don't care how thy are paying for it. My concern is for the kids who may get outside and in the pool.

I agree. And with their sloped lawn an above ground could end up being a semi inground.

image.png.c1d538efabe758036ede19d37e42b29e.png

• Like 5

For 3 years old, Layla is SM smart.  In one of the last stories her mom shared, Layla left her white slippers at the edge of the bounce house.  They weren't thrown aside quickly, no no, they were left standing up and at the perfect angle so that followers could see they were bunny slippers.  No mention of them in the stories so now followers can send Mama Carlin a DM to inquire after them.  Such a subtle way to let viewers know that Valentines is over and it's Easter time now. 

Maybe there will be a quick shout out to St. Patrick's Day when mom and dad remember it is a thing and they run out to buy L & Z something green to wear.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

I think Influencers have a stack of burner accounts they use to ask fake questions. When I see nonsense like, "Do you have a discount code for the Cherry Chapstick you wore yesterday?" I just roll my eyes. 

Speaking of Layla, Carlin and Evan really need to get on the ball with homeschool. Whit posted a video of Khloe teaching letters to Jaden, and I can't believe how much more advanced that girl is even though she's only slightly older. Not only in being able to read, but the way she was able to explain and sound out the letter combinations for her brother. Meanwhile, Layla is coloring pictures, staring at a wall. I'm not making the comparison as a put down towards Layla, but rather the total laziness on behalf of her parents. I have no doubts she'd be further along if E&C prioritized a school routine over their Starbucks runs. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

For 3 years old, Layla is SM smart.  In one of the last stories her mom shared, Layla left her white slippers at the edge of the bounce house.  They weren't thrown aside quickly, no no, they were left standing up and at the perfect angle so that followers could see they were bunny slippers.  No mention of them in the stories so now followers can send Mama Carlin a DM to inquire after them.  Such a subtle way to let viewers know that Valentines is over and it's Easter time now. 

Maybe there will be a quick shout out to St. Patrick's Day when mom and dad remember it is a thing and they run out to buy L & Z something green to wear.

Layla is 4. An easy mistake to make since she is the size of a two year old. Zade is almost as tall as she is, and he isn't quite 2. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Layla is 4. An easy mistake to make since she is the size of a two year old. Zade is almost as tall as she is, and he isn't quite 2. 

Oh goodness, I forgot all about her turning 4.  

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Oh goodness, I forgot all about her turning 4.  

Kinda flew under the radar, for them. But yeah, her birthday was at the end of January. 

As for school, they've shown her tracing letters, but are they teaching her the sounds to go with them? Is she still insisting her name is Sissy?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
54 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

As for school, they've shown her tracing letters, but are they teaching her the sounds to go with them? Is she still insisting her name is Sissy?

I'm sure Carlin will read here and post a clap back video of Layla working on more advanced material, but as it stands now, I've only seen her trace and color.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kinda flew under the radar, for them. But yeah, her birthday was at the end of January. 

In one of the last school posts, her name was written as Layla. So progress I guess?  And Carlin was shown sounding out the letters in a song a few times. 

• Useful 3
15 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

In one of the last school posts, her name was written as Layla. So progress I guess?  And Carlin was shown sounding out the letters in a song a few times. 

That's better than I thought, but to be honest, I rarely look at her content anymore. It's repetitive consumerism. 

• Like 6
On 2/18/2024 at 7:04 PM, GeeGolly said:

I agree. And with their sloped lawn an above ground could end up being a semi inground.

image.png.c1d538efabe758036ede19d37e42b29e.png

Nope.  I don’t think they would ever be satisfied with that.

• Like 3

I saw some clips of her first drive after 1-1/2 years and she was so immature. Jumping around and lots of energy.  Doesn't look like Z&W are pushing their friendship away from C&E either.  Looks like they got Zach and family to join them at their church last Sunday based on story pictures.   

Surprised that Evan is willing to hand over the Tesla to Carlin, but if she is going to drive (and with the kids) then it is probably the safest car for her to be in.  I still think it is strange how she went from lots of problems in August (or Sept) to being free and clear.  I guess that 5-day test that found nothing took away all their SM clout.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I really hope she practiced on the Tesla before going on busy streets. 
Teslas are tricky. There is a bit of a learning curve. Most notably the acceleration is fast and it can catch you off guard.

My son-in-law has one and he is a super techie, read the whole manual kind of guy. He is the first to admit that it is a a complicated vehicle. 
My husband got one when he rented a car (not by choice- it was all they had) and he had quite the time figuring out how everything worked. Son-in-law was adamant that they are not good rental cars.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
26 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I saw some clips of her first drive after 1-1/2 years and she was so immature. Jumping around and lots of energy.  Doesn't look like Z&W are pushing their friendship away from C&E either.  Looks like they got Zach and family to join them at their church last Sunday based on story pictures.   

Surprised that Evan is willing to hand over the Tesla to Carlin, but if she is going to drive (and with the kids) then it is probably the safest car for her to be in.  I still think it is strange how she went from lots of problems in August (or Sept) to being free and clear.  I guess that 5-day test that found nothing took away all their SM clout.  

Was she actually cleared by a doctor to start driving again? It doesn’t seem like she’s even seen any doctor for months now.

• Useful 2
15 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Was she actually cleared by a doctor to start driving again? It doesn’t seem like she’s even seen any doctor for months now.

In Tennessee, it's a year after a seizure before you can be cleared to drive. I don't know if it's been that long since Carlin claimed to have a seizure. To me, this is just more evidence that she was lying all along. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
30 minutes ago, Heathen said:

In Tennessee, it's a year after a seizure before you can be cleared to drive. I don't know if it's been that long since Carlin claimed to have a seizure. To me, this is just more evidence that she was lying all along. 

I agree the whole thing feels off. Did she ever get a diagnosis?

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Yep. . .

• Like 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I really hope she practiced on the Tesla before going on busy streets. 
Teslas are tricky.

Her driving started in a busy parking lot and then she drove on the streets from the parking lot to their house.

21 hours ago, AstridM said:

Carlin stated she was cleared because it had been 6 months since she had an “episode” that included being “unconscious”.

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Carlin is so full of shit, she squeaks. (Thanks, Stephen King, for the phrase.) 

https://www.epilepsy.com/lifestyle/driving-and-transportation/laws/tennessee#:~:text=Tennessee Driver Licensing Laws,before applying for a license.

"A person with epilepsy must be seizure free for a period of one year and have a favorable doctor’s recommendation before applying for a license. However, an individual whose seizures have been controlled for six months may be approved for driving privileges if the Department of Safety receives a favorable recommendation from the individual’s physician and the Medical Review Board, and the person may be required to submit to additional evaluations as the Department sees fit."

Edited by Heathen
  • Useful 5

In reality nothing will stop a person from driving if they want to. So I doubt she had some kind of clearance or whatever to drive, C&E just set a date so they could make a SM post about it. They have been extremely silent on the whole “episodes” once she had the 5 day test

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
7 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

In reality nothing will stop a person from driving if they want to. So I doubt she had some kind of clearance or whatever to drive, C&E just set a date so they could make a SM post about it. They have been extremely silent on the whole “episodes” once she had the 5 day test

She's been lying about the whole thing. As a person with epilepsy, it infuriates me that she uses her fake seizures as excuses to act like a child. 

• Like 6
  • Hugs 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2

Also in reality, nothing will change for the Stew crew. Evan will continue to not work and they will continue to spend every damn moment together making "content" videos of them getting coffee, going to Target, exploiting their children etc.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

She's been lying about the whole thing. As a person with epilepsy, it infuriates me that she uses her fake seizures as excuses to act like a child. 

I have epilepsy aswell, and I agree 100% with you. She has taken away resources, such as time for appointments with neurologists (waiting lists can be long), testing, hospital visits, etc from those who truly need it.

• Like 12
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, ozziemom said:

For regular people, sure. But she insists on posting daily pictures and video of herself, so if she’s driving without a valid license, someone’s going to report her.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, AstridM said:

For regular people, sure. But she insists on posting daily pictures and video of herself, so if she’s driving without a valid license, someone’s going to report her.

One would think the Stews would be careful about that. But I guess that they might think all their followers just looooove them. Someone who can't stand them is bound to contact the TN DMV.

• Like 5
55 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Most epilepsy reporting is on the honor system. I doubt her license was ever revoked or restricted. Of course, I also think she was lying about the entire thing, so take that for what it's worth. 

• Like 9

I think Carlin used the no driving as perfect excuse for Evan to be with her 24/7. Then it started to get a bit inconvenient for her and Evan is not ever going back to electrician work, so she was “cleared” to drive. I’m skeptical about when she had her last episode (or if any of them were real seizures) so her driving is NBD. Plus as others have said, not driving due to seizures is pretty much honor system. I’m sure if your doctor advised you not to drive and you told the doctor you would still be driving, they could notify DMV, but unless you got stopped, not sure anything would happen. My husband had a seizure a few years ago and he didn’t drive for almost 2 years just due to his own nervousness about it.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, Heathen said:

Most epilepsy reporting is on the honor system. I doubt her license was ever revoked or restricted. Of course, I also think she was lying about the entire thing, so take that for what it's worth. 

That’s what I was going to say. I doubt she voluntarily surrendered her license.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I doubt Carlin would have stopped driving if it wasn't for all her followers. 

I think at first she knew it was a sure fire way to get Evan by her side 24/7. Later on she did complain about the loss of independence but in reality what do they do all day? Go out to eat, do through the drive-thru, run to Stbux, go to Target, etc etc.

• Like 7