Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I'm curious about them claiming that building the pool will only take three weeks.  Either their friend is blowing smoke or they aren't listening again.  Either one of those is plausible.  Even if the weather cooperates, there is so much to do with grading, digging out the pool, putting down the liner, putting down decking, and so on.  I have no idea how that gets done in three weeks.

And it was a regular pool in good shape, not some odd thing only 4' deep. 

I wonder if they might be getting one of those pre shaped fiberglass pools. I think they have a shorter installation time and that might also explain the only 4' deep .

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

I hope Carlin at least hires a pool service to clean and do the chemicals. Given the amount of kids she plans on having in this thing, it'll be a human petri dish. 

Meow Mix, Fundie Finances have always been one of life's greatest mysteries. I've never seen so many people with questionable employment live so high on the hog. With regards to Evan and Carlin, I think they carry tons of credit card debt and spend every dime that comes in. They're both immature and impulsive, which is the personality type that tends to end up in financial messes. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Carlin brought Layla to her swim lesson. Carlin posted video of herself driving, of course. 

And she didn't blur out the faces of the other children in the swim lesson. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 3
11 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I'm curious about them claiming that building the pool will only take three weeks.  Either their friend is blowing smoke or they aren't listening again.  Either one of those is plausible.  Even if the weather cooperates, there is so much to do with grading, digging out the pool, putting down the liner, putting down decking, and so on.  I have no idea how that gets done in three weeks.

Add to that their yard - its sloped. A big ole hole can't be dug without supporting the remaining soil. Maybe if they come over everyday with half a dozen helpers he'll get it done in 3 weeks, but I doubt it.

• Like 5

This in ground pool needs to be inspected by the county. I highly doubt that the inspectors will put the Stewarts on a high priority inspection list. They will have to wait their turn just like everyone else. These things take time to install. Do they realize that their property taxes will skyrocket with this project?

• Useful 4
58 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Do they realize that their property taxes will skyrocket with this project?

They also need to notify their property insurance carrier.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

In our area we don't have inspections but we do have to get a permit after submitting the required info to show the installation of the pool is following the town/city's guidelines.

Not sure how C&E's area does it, but I'm guessing permits and/or inspections and insurers has not entered their minds. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

In our area we don't have inspections but we do have to get a permit after submitting the required info to show the installation of the pool is following the town/city's guidelines.

Not sure how C&E's area does it, but I'm guessing permits and/or inspections and insurers has not entered their minds. 

There's not much space left, what with all the deep thoughts they already have. Starbucks Target Chick Fil A clicks clicks what's that smell nail color party party party Starbucks. 

• LOL 11

So they totally revamped there fireplace. They went from classic to trendy. I can't figure out if the wall art is one of those Samsung TVs or just a picture.

Oh wait - they already had removed the original fireplace a while back, so I think they just added a mantel. But in the reel the makes it seem it happened all at once. How do they come up with these misleading ideas?

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So they totally revamped there fireplace. They went from classic to trendy. I can't figure out if the wall art is one of those Samsung TVs or just a picture.

Oh wait - they already had removed the original fireplace a while back, so I think they just added a mantel. But in the reel the makes it seem it happened all at once. How do they come up with these misleading ideas?

It’s probably more that they don’t have the attention span to see a project through from start to finish. Or maybe whatever Bates brother was helping, ie doing all the work, wasn’t available.

• Like 4

I don't know if you guys follow Carlin or BSB, but she posted a bunch of spring dresses to her stories with the caption "The Easter Shop is open." Is it me or is BSB always way late when promoting holidays drops? Like, y'all are just now getting around to Easter when it's only a week away? People are supposed to order and hope there's no shipping snafus so they can get their package in time? And also hope the dress fits so they don't have to rush last minute to find something else? It seems like other retailers are about a month ahead in terms of advertising clothing for a specific occasion. Between this and the mountains of inventory at every cash and carry, I'm gonna need someone to explain to me how this poorly run business supports two families. Because the math ain't mathing. 

• Like 16
  • Useful 3

So the Stew Crew is headed to Florida for the birthday party Alyssa is having for all four girls. It’s a princess party so I’m sure Layla will be all Princessed up. It will be interesting to see how many other of the Bates clan will be there and where they are all staying.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Aside from Carlin and Erin, my guess would be Kelly and maybe Addie or Ellie. Alyssa just posted pics of Rhett's birthday and only John's parents were in them, so I'm guessing the Bateses are coming for the larger event and will give Rhett his gifts then. 

I'm 99.9% sure Carlin is only attending this thing because she's desperate for content, but it'll be nice for Alyssa's girls to have family there that isn't all from John's side. Carlin posted stories yesterday of them at the grocery store and I was shocked at how small Layla looked next to her cousins. In fairness, the Webster girls have height in their DNA from their dad, but I'm not even kidding, Layla looks no bigger at 4 than she did at 2. I wonder if she's still being monitored for being behind the curve? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Aside from Carlin and Erin, my guess would be Kelly and maybe Addie or Ellie. Alyssa just posted pics of Rhett's birthday and only John's parents were in them, so I'm guessing the Bateses are coming for the larger event and will give Rhett his gifts then. 

I'm 99.9% sure Carlin is only attending this thing because she's desperate for content, but it'll be nice for Alyssa's girls to have family there that isn't all from John's side. Carlin posted stories yesterday of them at the grocery store and I was shocked at how small Layla looked next to her cousins. In fairness, the Webster girls have height in their DNA from their dad, but I'm not even kidding, Layla looks no bigger at 4 than she did at 2. I wonder if she's still being monitored for being behind the curve? 

Alyssa has pics up on her IG..they spared no expense for Rhett with a banner, matching t-shirts etc...I compared it to Allies Bday - the one with the ballerina theme....I did not see any family there...but did see some other pics..not sure who the kids were as they all had towels on their head...ala getting ready I guess for the princess party or whatever it is they are doing

• Like 1

Looks like Princess Erin and family are attending the party too. Will she and Carlin ignore each other? Hopefully all the cousins will have fun together, definitely a majority of girls.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Looks like Princess Erin and family are attending the party too. Will she and Carlin ignore each other? Hopefully all the cousins will have fun together, definitely a majority of girls.

I was wondering why Erin was going. I keep forgetting that she lives in Florida. 

1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

Alyssa has pics up on her IG..they spared no expense for Rhett with a banner, matching t-shirts etc...I compared it to Allies Bday - the one with the ballerina theme....I did not see any family there...but did see some other pics..not sure who the kids were as they all had towels on their head...ala getting ready I guess for the princess party or whatever it is they are doing

All this for a fricking one year old baby who won’t remember any of it. 🤦‍♀️ And they’re strapped for cash?

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

I saw that. Custom baseball jerseys, custom decorations, fancy backdrop for the pictures. They certainly went all out for a baby who has no clue what it's for and won't remember it. 

As far as Allie, she's still getting shafted. Neither she nor Lexi strike me as the type  who would be into a Princess party. That's the kind of theme geared towards much younger girls, like Maci. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, AstridM said:

All this for a fricking one year old baby who won’t remember any of it. 🤦‍♀️ And they’re strapped for cash?

They are strapped for cash? Where did this come from? John is part owner of Webster air conditioning. He probably makes a decent living. 

• Applause 1
18 hours ago, 65mickey said:

They are strapped for cash? Where did this come from? John is part owner of Webster air conditioning. He probably makes a decent living. 

They've said it before on their various Q&As. Alyssa directly said that he made so little money when they were married and had the first couple kids that thank goodness she knew how to stretch a dollar. John looked totally emasculated that she said it so directly. They've also said that it's better/more money now but they still have to watch their budget. John has said before that while yeah they have their own business HVAC is a very competitive business in Fla and if a potential customer calls you and you aren't there to answer the phone and send out a crew ASAP, they are moving to the next company and not calling you back.

They'll also said before that they are bad with budgeting. So I guess the money that does come in maybe isn't spent wisely and/or husband/wife are at odds on how to spend.

For example clearly John does not see spending money on the girls beyond basic food and shelter as worthwhile . . . .Cue a princess party for FOUR daughters of varying ages. And by the looks of it, the party is fairly cheap. Carlin is posting pics of the party set up. Sure they rented a room but I question whether it's just a room at a church hall that they booked for free/nominal fee. Beyond that it's piles and piles of packaged snacks, which they prob got in bulk at Costco. Zade is sitting in Jackson's lap eating and his plate = packaged rice krispy treats + packaged mini muffins + goldfish. Good eatin' as far as Carlin's kids are concerned but IDK seems kind of chinzy even for a kid party. 

Now to give them the benefit of the doubt, this party goes from 6-8 pm. For whatever reason the family has been there since 1 pm - prob bc Alyssa needs everyone out of the house and was like "ok let's go set up . . . all day." In the background you can see some fruit skewers and a vegetable tray so it's possible that Alyssa is allowing people to bust into the piles of packaged snacks all day but limited fruit/vegetables + probably ordered in pizza will be for dinner.

And you can see the cake table - they sprang for the tinest cake for each girl + cupcakes for every guest. So yeah I mean this either is a couple that isn't rolling in it or is a couple that doesn't want to waste it on their girls, or both. I mean the 1 yr old boy who won't remember a thing got a better looking cake than his 4 sisters. His was actually a decorated baseball cake while theirs just looks like Alyssa went up to the bakery counter at Walmart and asked for the 4 smallest cakes in different colors so she could say ok the pink one is Zoey and the purple one is Ally or whatever. Like zero thought went into it.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, cereality said:

They've also said that it's better/more money now but they still have to watch their budget.

Watching one's budget does not say to me that they are strapped for cash. Maybe it means that they live within their means. I have no knowledge of their bank balance or their income and expenses to know if they are strapped for cash. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Living within their means is definitely commendable and as a single income family of 7, they probably do have to be cautious even with what looks like a good income on paper from the business. The trouble is that you can live within your means and still be equitable in your spending. It seems that they put more into Rhett's party than all 4 of the other girls and that's troubling to me. I have to say, for all of the Bates and Duggar's faults, they don't seem to have elevated one kid way over the others the way the Websters seem to be. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
53 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Living within their means is definitely commendable and as a single income family of 7, they probably do have to be cautious even with what looks like a good income on paper from the business. The trouble is that you can live within your means and still be equitable in your spending. It seems that they put more into Rhett's party than all 4 of the other girls and that's troubling to me. I have to say, for all of the Bates and Duggar's faults, they don't seem to have elevated one kid way over the others the way the Websters seem to be. 

Well, except for Josh Duggar.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm confused. Did Rhett have a party, or just a photoshoot and a couple of family members over?

I'm assuming he had a party and Alyssa is saving the footage for YouTube. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm confused. Did Rhett have a party, or just a photoshoot and a couple of family members over?

He had the Alyssa version of a party. He had a smash cake, photoshoot with a balloon arch and painted backdrop, and presents. John's parents and a few others came over for it. I thought it was lowkey until I saw the combined party for the girls was basically the same thing except with princess dresses instead of baseballs.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Watching one's budget does not say to me that they are strapped for cash. Maybe it means that they live within their means. I have no knowledge of their bank balance or their income and expenses to know if they are strapped for cash. 

If they weren’t, would they need to continue to exploit their very young children on SM?

• Applause 3

It also could be responding to the pressure to be as successful at monetizing the children through social media as her sisters appear to be. For such godly people they all seem to be competing with each other to show off material goods e.g. houses, pools, clothes, vacations, rv/campers.

• Like 7
9 hours ago, AstridM said:

If they weren’t, would they need to continue to exploit their very young children on SM?

To be very slightly fair to Bates and Duggar gen 2, using the kids as the family cash cow is all they know. They're at least no worse than their parents and probably feel that they're better because they just film spontaneously a few times a week instead of hours with the big lights and camera and talking head interviews. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

To be very slightly fair to Bates and Duggar gen 2, using the kids as the family cash cow is all they know. They're at least no worse than their parents and probably feel that they're better because they just film spontaneously a few times a week instead of hours with the big lights and camera and talking head interviews. 

I thought they were taught that the headship was supposed to support his wife and children.

• Like 4

Given the glaring absence of pictures/interactions between Carlin and Erin this weekend, I am dying to know: what went down between them that is so bad they can't play nice at a kids party?

I know drama exists in every family, but this fallout had to cut deep. They haven't interacted in years at this point. What could've possibly happened to cause this big of an estrangement? Are they both stubborn and petty? Is one willing to let bygones be bygones but the other is holding a grudge? 

Also notable that Kelly didn't attend when she normally looks for any excuse to leave town. 

• Useful 5
(edited)

I’m guessing there was bad blood when Erin left the boutique. Not sure why she left- a disagreement about the direction  of the business  or if Chad wanted her to concentrate on him and the kids, but the fact that her leaving did not negatively affect the boutique ( business may have even improved) was probably extra annoying. 
Erin was the princess in the family - her “talent” allowed her to escape a lot of the sister mom drudgery. She strikes me as a holier than thou mean girl, and I think she is super jealous that the annoying middle child Carlin got a much nicer wedding and seems to have nicer things all around, even though she wears pants and watches tv. 😮

Carlin is annoying and ditzy to be sure, but she doesn’t strike me as being mean or vindictive. 
Obviously this is pure speculation based on what I have seen of them. Things could be totally different in real life.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Given the glaring absence of pictures/interactions between Carlin and Erin this weekend, I am dying to know: what went down between them that is so bad they can't play nice at a kids party?

I know drama exists in every family, but this fallout had to cut deep. They haven't interacted in years at this point. What could've possibly happened to cause this big of an estrangement? Are they both stubborn and petty? Is one willing to let bygones be bygones but the other is holding a grudge? 

Also notable that Kelly didn't attend when she normally looks for any excuse to leave town. 

My guess is that the pettiness runs in both directions. As an older daughter/holier than though, Erin ALWAYS expected to have the best of everything. The first one to marry, traditionally good looking husband, spitting out babies as the Lord wants, I legit think she expected her life to be better than her sisters. Now she's beyond annoyed that annoying middle sister Carlin ended up with "more" - a better wedding; a middle class life; owning a home while Erin/Chad continue to rent and stack kids like firewood; a business that ended up successful even though Erin had to leave it - likely bc Chad wanted her to; a husband who is modern - i.e. will take a mortgage, allows his wife to do whatever she wants whether girls trips or wearing tight pants, allows kids in activities, takes vacations bc he's found ways to make $ even if it is by exploiting kids. Meanwhile I don't think we've seen Chad/Erin take a vacation in years though I guess they used to drive to Fla. occasionally before moving; but when Erin went to her bro's wedding in Cali - she couldn't even bring her whole family.

But it's not like Carlin isn't a petty bitch. At the I Love You Day party, at one point Carlin/Evan and family are approaching, so Carson holds the door open for them. They legit did NOT acknowledge Carson - didn't look at him; didn't say hi; didn't say "Layla do you remember cousin Carson, say hi"; didn't even say thank you!? It was ridiculous to see a 26 and 29 yr old snub a 9 yr old like that who was just trying to be polite.

We've seen the same before too. While Carlin/Josie relations thawed - it seems after their uncle in South Carolina died and Layla now goes on about Willow being her best friend - the Christmas prior to that we saw Carlin/Evan acting the exact same way with Willow. At some point in the Bates Christmas party, they were outside, their kids on the swings. Willow wanders out - neither Carlin/Evan acknowledges her or says hi or tries to make some conversation between Willow and Layla akin to "say hi to cousin Willow" or "isn't cousin's Christmas dress so pretty?"

I think all these kids grew up in a hyper competitive - who is my bestie vs. who do I hate; who am I jealous of - environment, that they take adult pettiness to the next level. I imagine it's also because they have zero real world exposure. When your whole world = family, you can act like this bc what is a sister going to do? And frankly if something big happens that shows you the meaning of life and you want relations to thaw (like Josie and Carlin), most siblings will allow that - at least to some level.

Had they spent ANY time in the real world, they would realize that even if you are at odds with people, you can't freeze them out and act like a bitch and expect reconciliation when/if you want it. I mean who among us didn't have a college roommate or classmate we didn't like, but we had to make it work for that year/semester? Who among us didn't have a coworker or boss we hated but again you made it work bc you knew you were going to have to deal with them until/unless one of you switched jobs. These are the day to day life things the Bates kids and their spouses who also sit home attached to their wives' hips - missed.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

I think there is some fall out still from the boutique. When Erin began stepping back (way before it was announced publicly), you had both Whitney and Carlin buying houses with their husbands - a first time home buy for Carlin and Evan. Zade was born in the midst of this and Erin was probably paying off some massive debt with how many surgeries she had and how sick she had been. 

My hypothesis is: 

Erin chooses to leave the business for whatever reason. She is taking Chad with her who did much of the grunt work and even some technical stuff with their computers and website. It's not like a ball game where they just walk away, they probably wanted to be bought out of their investment. The business is probably not very liquid. They have too much inventory. They upsized their location to go from rent free to commercial rent. They were and are traveling for shows to "meet with designers" a/k/a buying stuff off the rack to sell. And I doubt Whitney/Zach or Carlin/Evan had any cash to put in to make a buy out happen. 

That would explain why it took months from Erin stopping with the modeling and posting to the announcement. 

My guess is that other sisters were approached but they either didn't have the cash or didn't have the interest. That's when Kelly stepped in and suddenly she is a silent partner type dealing with the plus sizes. Kelly infused money into the business on the short term (note she's not doing anything there now) and Erin gets a payday for selling her part of the business. However, with as long as it took and the negotiation going on, I think there are and were hurt feelings and mismatched expectations. 

The question is did Whitney and Carlin learn anything? A business isn't a hobby or activity. Just like you need to prep yourself for the end of your marriage when you are still planning your wedding (life insurance, prenup, etc.), you have to prepare for the end of your business when you lay the groundwork. I would bet they had no business contract between the three of them. 

It turned out to be Erin getting out before the others, but it could have played differently. Whitney could have gotten annoyed with the business being in her house and then backyard. Who wants to give up personal space like that? Who wants your sisters-in-law and random church help wandering through your house, using your bathroom, putting their lunch in your refrigerator or searching it for a snack? It would get old quickly. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to interact with Carlin.

5 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I’m guessing there was bad blood when Erin left the boutique. Not sure why she left- a disagreement about the direction  of the business  or if Chad wanted her to concentrate on him and the kids, but the fact that her leaving did not negatively affect the boutique ( business may have even improved) was probably extra annoying. 
Erin was the princess in the family - her “talent” allowed her to escape a lot of the sister mom drudgery. She strikes me as a holier than thou mean girl, and I think she is super jealous that the annoying middle child Carlin got a much nicer wedding and seems to have nicer things all around, even though she wears pants and watches tv. 😮

Carlin is annoying and ditzy to be sure, but she doesn’t strike me as being mean or vindictive. 
Obviously this is pure speculation based on what I have seen of them. Things could be totally different in real life.

I see it from completely the opposite side, lol. Carlin is so obnoxious, superficial, and narcissistic that I can’t understand why anyone puts up with her at this point. She didn’t even bother to bring gifts for her nieces, yet she flew in for the BIRTHDAY party 😳

• Like 11
5 hours ago, cereality said:

takes vacations bc he's found ways to make $ even if it is by exploiting kids.

IMHO, this makes him the lowest of the low, though. 

• Like 1

Well at the very least Carlin should add the UPS store/Fedex to her morning coffee run tomorrow and send those girls their gifts. I’m sure they would be thrilled to get a package delivered.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

I was not aware of Carlin and Evan’s snub of Carson at I Love You Day. That’s awful. I don’t care what beef you have with the parents, you NEVER take it out on the kids.

• Applause 9
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, AstridM said:

I see it from completely the opposite side, lol. Carlin is so obnoxious, superficial, and narcissistic that I can’t understand why anyone puts up with her at this point. She didn’t even bother to bring gifts for her nieces, yet she flew in for the BIRTHDAY party 😳

Not that I ever want to defend Carlin in any way, but she does come from a family where her parents admitted that Christmas was low-key or nonexistent because they couldn't afford presents until well after the holiday (and I'm guessing those presents were purchased with a tax refund). I doubt Carlin sees anything wrong with not having birthday or Christmas presents on the actual day, because that is how she was raised. 

Of course, there is always the distinct possibility that she's just an idiot. Or I'm right on both counts. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
On 3/24/2024 at 9:47 PM, AstridM said:

I agree that Carlin is obnoxious and I don't know how anyone can put up with her either. But I have some sympathy for her. She was the ninth kid no one cared about her no one gave her any attention especially her parents. The only way she got attention was to be louded and shove her way in. She's still doing that unfortunately that's what drives people away from her.  Family and any friends she had.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

I'll always think Carlin was a huge victim of the "the only goal of life (for women) is marriage and babies" philosophy coupled with "and that's the only way you will ever be in any way special to anyone".

Carlin (and Evan) aren't really doing anything too terribly different from a lot of young influencer wanna-bes. They spend money impulsively, they eat terribly, they make dubious choices about what they put on social media and they "party, party, party". I mean, that describes about 2/3 of the people I went to college with. 

The problem is that C & E act like they're footloose and fancy free early-20-somes when their actual life is settled with 2 kids, a mortgage and a business. If they had been raised non-fundy (and with some actual attention for Carlin) they could do stupid things and laugh at them in middle age, but because they rushed into kids, this immaturity has real consequences for the two little humans who were dragged into the middle of their parents' arrested development. It makes me sad for C+E (and, goes without saying, even sadder for Layla and Zade). 

• Like 12
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin is shilling flavored water in her Easter pics. Evan takes their pics - why not wait one day. 😬

Hey now, that new Jeep isn't gonna pay for itself! I imagine E&C figured their fans would be eager to see the kids in their Easter outfits, so they used Jesus' resurrection to maximize clicks and engagement. How very Christian. 😜

• Sad 4
  • LOL 3

So are C&E on the outs with the Stewarts? They were home from Christmas by Dec 26-27. Didn’t go to Nashville for either kid’s birthday - not even before or after for a family party as they always have done. And now Easter seemed like just the 4 of them at church + photo shoot number 8000 + tiny little backyard egg hunt. What on earth happened?? These people use to take long weekends at the in-laws that were routinely 6-8 days long. Did MIL/FIL lay down some rules like you must contribute while you’re here say by cooking or cleaning up the kitchen a few times? Did MIL/FIL say absolutely no filming in our house so now C&E can’t go there much since they are always “working” — ie they need to film daily to catch something in their boring lives to make a 20-30 min weekly YT. Or is Carlin keeping Evan away after he started saying he misses his family and would love to think about living in Nashville?

• Like 6
6 hours ago, cereality said:

So are C&E on the outs with the Stewarts? They were home from Christmas by Dec 26-27. Didn’t go to Nashville for either kid’s birthday - not even before or after for a family party as they always have done. And now Easter seemed like just the 4 of them at church + photo shoot number 8000 + tiny little backyard egg hunt. What on earth happened?? These people use to take long weekends at the in-laws that were routinely 6-8 days long. Did MIL/FIL lay down some rules like you must contribute while you’re here say by cooking or cleaning up the kitchen a few times? Did MIL/FIL say absolutely no filming in our house so now C&E can’t go there much since they are always “working” — ie they need to film daily to catch something in their boring lives to make a 20-30 min weekly YT. Or is Carlin keeping Evan away after he started saying he misses his family and would love to think about living in Nashville?

Now that @cereality has mentioned the lack of Stewart family content, C&E will post something about an upcoming vacation or trip just to prove there is nothing off. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, cereality said:

Did MIL/FIL lay down some rules like you must contribute while you’re here say by cooking or cleaning up the kitchen a few times? Did MIL/FIL say absolutely no filming in our house so now C&E can’t go there much since they are always “working” — ie they need to film daily to catch something in their boring lives to make a 20-30 min weekly YT.

I have a feeling it's a combination of these two things. Given the cost of groceries these days, feeding an extra four people for a week each month adds up quickly. Granted, the kids don't eat like adults, but it's still an expense. Evan bragged about mooching Starbucks off his sister, so it's unlikely he gives his parents any money to replenish the pantry. And like you said, it's not just cooking. Someone has to wash the sheets and towels from the guest room, clean the bath, remake the beds, etc. and I highly doubt it's Evan and Carlin. 

To your second point, it was pretty obvious Mrs. Stewart hated being on camera. She literally ran out of the room in one video. I think she and her husband tolerated it to a point, but may have finally put their foot down. I wouldn't want millions of strangers having any kind of access to my home, including the layout, knowing where I sleep, whether I have pricey electronics, etc. And aside from security risks, the constant filming is rude and disruptive. I think there was definitely some sort of Come To Jesus meeting though, because Evan and Carlin hightailed it out of Nashville after Christmas and haven't been back since. 

• Like 6

It's interesting that they are 26 and 29 years old with a home and family of their own and they are still SO caught up in their own selves, that they can't read the room. Evan stood there bragging about free weeks at his parents - literally - hahah I don't have to pay for food, nor lodging, nor anything else and I even line up behind my sisters when we go to Sbux so they'll buy for me. Uh hello if you're NOT paying, someone else is?! And your parents are retired?!

IDK Stewart family dynamics and not all parents would feel ok with a grown kid saying ok we're visiting this week so here's $200 to cover the added food, water bill from our showers etc. BUT when you're a grown up who pays your own bills, you realize this stuff costs money so you cover it quietly. If you're staying for a week+ - you grab takeout for everyone a few times that YOU pay for, to save MIL the cooking and to cover the cost for a few meals; you run to the grocery store and pick up some essentials when running low without seeking reimbursement; perish the thought you even put a meal or two together yourself for everyone. You could even throw your sheets/towels in the laundry.

Instead they act like college freshman who are home on vacation, not a care in the world. And they continue to act like that until they are called out about it, and then they get offended and go running home and relations chill.

It's no different than last Nov/Dec, when they showed up at K&T's house in NJ during/after her kidney stone issues ready to party. Evan literally filmed outside their house on a Thursday being like yeah we'll be here through at least next weekend, expecting 10+ days of party party. Then Trav comes out and says 'uh yeah last time you were here was insane running to NYC with Katie about to deliver, we won't be doing that, we'll be sticking close to home this time" and legit takes Evan out to the gym once on Friday and church on the weekend and that's it. So when C&E realize that K&T and Trav's wallet won't be "partying," this trip - they legit hit the road by Tuesday and never went back to NJ again. 

Even now K&T have been living in Knox for a few weeks and we've seen NO meetups besides church for Easter + C&E showing up the day they arrived. Not suggesting that K&T hate them bc I really do think Trav likes the "excitement" that Evan brings - compared to his own more quiet family - BUT I think he likes it in limited doses and prioritizes HIS wife/kid first. So they're likely making efforts to NOT make themselves available to C&E 24-7 now that they've moved bc they know then it'll be the expectations of staying at each others' homes until midnight or running out for ice cream at midnight, kids sleeping on the floor - and K&T seem to NOT be cool with raising H like that.

• Like 4