Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ozziemom said:

I think at first she knew it was a sure fire way to get Evan by her side 24/7. Later on she did complain about the loss of independence but in reality what do they do all day? Go out to eat, do through the drive-thru, run to Stbux, go to Target, etc etc.

I don't think Carlin tried to keep Evan home. I think that was their plan the whole time. The first two real dizzy spells, shortly after Zades birth, just fell conveniently in their lap and they ran with it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Does anyone recall, why did Evan sign up for trade school if he had no plans of working in the field? If he wanted to do editing/filming/media why not go to school for that from the get-go? 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Does anyone recall, why did Evan sign up for trade school if he had no plans of working in the field? If he wanted to do editing/filming/media why not go to school for that from the get-go? 

IIRC he was encouraged to go to trade school to show he could support Carlin and a family. He had a random office type job before that I think. Maybe it had to be a manly man job like electrician for Gil???

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, ozziemom said:

IIRC he was encouraged to go to trade school to show he could support Carlin and a family. He had a random office type job before that I think. Maybe it had to be a manly man job like electrician for Gil???

Does Lawson know about this? 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

This is just a guess. I think Evan was steered toward a trade so he could support a family. He was 21 when he started the 5 year internship. Then he got all caught up in "TV fame" and they began making money influencing and with BSB. Who knows if Evan had ever picked up a camera before or really thought about what his passions were. I think by the time Layla was born he knew for sure being an electrician wasn't it.

I give him credit for sticking it out for those 5 years, but I don't see him returning to that field unless he has to.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

IMO, the guy just doesn't want to work. It's more "fun" hanging out with Carlin, Whit and Zack.

And just wait until Travis gets there.  Ug.  

Edited by ranchgirl
Switched out Evan for Travis. I can't keep up.
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

How long before Katie becomes a co-owner of BSB and Travis is hired on as Quality Control?

It's actually not  a bad idea. Katie's social media is rapidly gaining followers. I think she just surpassed Carlin in YouTube subscribers, so she might boost sales. If she does photoshoots with adorable, photogenic Hailey, ka-ching $$$! The downside is two more lazy, immature idiots are brought into the fold, but if it's good for the bottom line, Zach and Whit might not object. 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's actually not  a bad idea. Katie's social media is rapidly gaining followers. I think she just surpassed Carlin in YouTube subscribers, so she might boost sales. If she does photoshoots with adorable, photogenic Hailey, ka-ching $$$! The downside is two more lazy, immature idiots are brought into the fold, but if it's good for the bottom line, Zach and Whit might not object. 

More child exploitation. Yay!

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

BSB would have to split the pie yet again...so how much could 3 couples net in income? Travis is making a big mistake in moving.

He’s shown himself to be just another entitled, lazy, selfish twat.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Well maybe but I give him the benefit of the doubt that he is not moving to Tennessee to work for BSB. He seems very committed to his music career. If he does do something stupid like working for BSB then I'll change my opinion. But until then I would not call him an entitled lazy selfish twat. I've seen no evidence of this.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Well maybe but I give him the benefit of the doubt that he is not moving to Tennessee to work for BSB. He seems very committed to his music career. If he does do something stupid like working for BSB then I'll change my opinion. But until then I would not call him an entitled lazy selfish twat. I've seen no evidence of this.

They just released a Why We Are Moving video. Maybe someone can watch and report back?

@ginger90 summarized the video on their thread. They're moving for Trav's music career.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They just released a Why We Are Moving video. Maybe someone can watch and report back?

@ginger90 summarized the video on their thread. They're moving for Trav's music career.

So they say. But they are Bateses and fundies, and we all know that Bateses and fundies lie. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

just another entitled, lazy, selfish twat

He  may be closer to this than a responsible, hard-working husband and father. It seems as if he has never been employed at a "regular" job where accountability and performance mattered. He has been given things to do which seem enjoyable and matched to  his interests. We could all be so fortunate.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
13 hours ago, Heathen said:

So they say. But they are Bateses and fundies, and we all know that Bateses and fundies lie. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏

4 hours ago, Me from ME said:

He  may be closer to this than a responsible, hard-working husband and father. It seems as if he has never been employed at a "regular" job where accountability and performance mattered. He has been given things to do which seem enjoyable and matched to  his interests. We could all be so fortunate.

Nepo baby!

• Like 2

Carlin and Evan mentioned the pool.  It's a go.  A friend from church is going to build it.  Evan said it would "be awhile" but later said they would be swimming this summer.  Carlin is enrolling the kids in swim lessons.  

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2

Ha ha, it'll be interesting to see how many siblings are suddenly Carlin's bestie. Pools always bring the freeloaders to the yard. 

Did they say whether they're doing an above ground or in-ground? 

• Like 7
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ha ha, it'll be interesting to see how many siblings are suddenly Carlin's bestie. Pools always bring the freeloaders to the yard. 

Carlin might even see her own parents' more often.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Not that I heard.  I do skip over a lot.    

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

When they talked about it a while ago they said above ground.

• Thanks 1
On 3/3/2024 at 3:18 PM, BitterApple said:

I think they're looking forward to it.  Evan sounded rather gleeful when he said they're going to be the "party house."

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, SabineElisabeth said:

I think they're looking forward to it.  Evan sounded rather gleeful when he said they're going to be the "party house."

They'll love it. Their cupboards are always empty so their siblings will always show up with food.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Honestly they can't seem to make life work with just the 4 of them. As much as Carlin goes on about #blessed, #livingthedream - it's crystal clear to any grown up that those two are not satisfied with life. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that no one leaves the house or does any productive work. Perpetual summer vacation ain't all it's cracked up to be.

So in that way the pool will relieve that sense of dissatisfaction of being alone bc party party - people will always be around. Pool season in Tenn is fairly long. They'll constantly be inviting over Katie and Whit, maybe end up making some closer connections with Josie and Tori too, and probably a few neighbors or church friends who otherwise don't love them but don't hate them either will make their way over bc free swimming. 

Now normal people think twice about being the party house bc it is a LOT of work and a LOT of money - those houses are usually the ones that have lunch going on the BBQ or are ordering pizza all the time, freezers stacked to the gills with ice cream and popsicles. But lol this is Carlin and Evan. They're grifters and aren't dumb enough to keep their fridges stocked nor take up the work of BBQ-ing. So it'll be more of a - we provide the pool, you bring the food. They probably feel they're brilliant, as their kids will now be fed and their house relatively taken care of for the next 18 yrs as Uncle Zach makes everyone fried rice and Uncle Trav grills up burgers and Uncle Bobby takes the trash cans out after a few days of party party.

• Like 6
On 3/6/2024 at 2:34 PM, BitterApple said:

BSB is a little late to the party with the bubblegum pink Barbie-core dresses. That aesthetic was so last summer. 

On 3/6/2024 at 2:20 PM, ginger90 said:

1D9F0676-F117-4868-A22D-BA61F21E8145.jpeg

Ridiculous 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Have C&E gone radio silent? Gearing up for baby news? Back burnered on IG? New health worries?

Influencers use this tactic. Disappear for no reason. Create worry and buzz among their fans. Accumulate enough comments asking if everything's okay. Release new YT video with Carlin looking distraught in the thumbnail. Click bait title like "Scariest Moment Of Our Lives" or "We're Leaving" only for the content to be some nonsense like they had a plumbing leak or they canceled their Hulu subscription. They've used this playbook before. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 7

Well they had to disappear for a bit to drum up interest in the fakest vlog in the world. Ended up watching this week as I was working out and IDK what it was but they seemed SO FAKE - 100% trying to respond to all the criticisms out there.

Evan does a TON of media side projects and is being approached by sooo many businesses in the community to make videos and is being asked to do soooo many weddings. But oh yeah he's keeping his union credential alive/paying his dues just in case his passion goes back to electrician work. They apparently have another investment business that is doing soooo well. Lol. They totally aren't ready for kid #3 but have been told by drs that it's totally safe and they can go for it anytime.  They're going for an in ground pool not above ground and are sooo excited that Katie and Josie and Carlin will all be 5-10 min from each other so best summer ever incoming at Carlin/Evan's house. Drama with her siblings esp once people got married and went their own ways bc all these new backgrounds came into the family but they all love each other . . . .

Seems like the whole Q&A was to quash all the criticism of them - that Evan is lazy, doesn't work; finances; beef with her siblings; desperate for a baby etc.

But then their own insecurities came out too - they LOVE their house but this isn't a forever home, esp if the lord gives them more children. Code for - we ain't staying in our first home when we know Josie & Kelton will be buying a McMansion or custom building a house in the near future . . . . 

And I'm not sure why they needed to get into the fact that 4 yr old Layla still is in pull ups at night and they don't know how to get her nighttime trained!? I'm sure 15 year old Layla will be thrilled they put that out there.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Putting an in ground pool in at a house you already know you’re going to sell is foolish, imo.

It absolutely is, especially with financial experts predicting doom and gloom for the housing market. They'll never recoup the $50-60k it'll cost them to put it in. I'm sure they're getting a discount from the 'sweet church friend' but it can't be that much. He's still got overhead and he isn't going to take a lengthy job like that and not make a profit. I don't understand why they feel they need to upgrade homes anyways? They have plenty of square footage and yard space for their family. 

As far as Evan, that's a laugh. If an untrained, amateur filmmaker/editor is in such high demand, how does he have time to float around all day? Shouldn't he be booked and busy?  🙄

And I agree, we do NOT need to know anything about Layla's bathroom habits. Maybe Carlin should discuss the issue with Layla's pediatrician rather than random strangers? 

• Like 13

Oh my goodness. These two. Are they lying to themselves and us? Or just us?

And what kind of inground is this person "building"? He best start now if C&E think they're going to be using it all summer. Inground pools don't go up in one or two days like above grounds do. And their yard is going to make it more difficult. They'll likely need retaining walls and of course they'll need some kind of surround/decking.

They remind me of teen girls at a sleepover talking about the rock stars they'll marry and the mansions they'll live in. Have they mentioned a pool slide yet? 😁👧🏽👦🏽😂

• LOL 11
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness. These two. Are they lying to themselves and us? Or just us?

And what kind of inground is this person "building"? He best start now if C&E think they're going to be using it all summer. Inground pools don't go up in one or two days like above grounds do. And their yard is going to make it more difficult. They'll likely need retaining walls and of course they'll need some kind of surround/decking.

They remind me of teen girls at a sleepover talking about the rock stars they'll marry and the mansions they'll live in. Have they mentioned a pool slide yet? 😁👧🏽👦🏽😂

So the pool is going to be a "little kid pool" not one teenagers would use - only 4ft or so deep. Uh bc little kids don't grow up to be teenagers in a hot second? But Mr. and Mrs. Moneybags with ALL their investments can't think beyond TODAY and in their minds, they're gonna be out of this house in under a decade and prob more like in 5 years anyway so whatever.

And because they can't plan their way out of a paper bag, I guess they aren't thinking property value. Pools are one of things that buyers either really want or they absolutely do not - as in they won't even go tour a house with a pool. Only thing that makes this worse is having a non standard sized pool - bc some buyers may be like we'd go for a house with a pool but not an odd little, shallow pool - that someone can hurt themselves trying to dive into. I mean perish the thought the buyers could have teens OR could be thinking - our little kids will be teens in 5 yrs, then what?

They say the in ground pool will be done in 3 weeks once they start - so party party at Carlin and Evan's house all summer. Funny that she explicitly mentioned Josie more than once in this YT - how Josie/Katie/Carlin will all be 5-10 min away and can hang here all summer + Layla prays for best friends Willow and Khole. Me thinks grifters Carlin and Evan are thinking ahead - make nice with J&K, invite them over a lot for the pool, eventually Kelton will be bringing over cuts of meat and grilling at C&E's house so no worries anymore about what to feed the kids . . . . Except I don't see that happening. If Josie wants to take the girls and hang with her sister, I don't think Kelton would have a problem with it, BUT I don't see him coming over all the time either. I see it being a weekday thing where Josie and the kids hang with C&E while Kelton earns a living and then when the nights/weekends roll around it's family time as usual for J&K with just their kids. Sure Kelton may agree to 1-2 pool days/BBQs in the entire summer where he comes and hangs out and cooks at C&E's house esp if Z&W, Bobby/Tori, Michael/Brandon etc. will be there BUT I think C&E's vision that Kelton shows up every weekend and spends 16 hrs per weekend hanging out and cooking at C&E's is pure fantasy.

By the way these 2 idiots who can barely manage their kids with a pool?? Sounds super safe . . . . I know Layla is in swim class and Zade is on the waiting list for one . . . but still IDK a pool with little kids is a responsibility. But I guess Alyssa has one and doesn't seem to give a damn so C&E probably think NBD.

• Applause 9

Oh those poor children.

4' deep is considered a soaking pool for ingrounds, although the majority of inground pools have a deep end and the rest is 4' to 5' deep. Most above ground are about the same depth - 4 - 5'.

And no matter what C&E say, 4' is hardly a "little kid pool". 7 & 8 years olds are around 4' tall, so the water will still be over their heads. I doubt their is a Bates grandchild who could stand in 4' of water without their mouths and noses covered.

I hope they at least make one end with in-pool stairs.

• Useful 5
(edited)

So, not only are they installing an in-ground pool at a house that they don't plan to live in over the long term, they're installing a non-traditional pool that won't appeal to many if not most homebuyers?  They really are dumb and dumber.

I've seen their backyard and I would think it would be challenging to install any sort of in-ground pool due to the definite slope of the land which, if the pool were to be installed properly, would require some expensive grading, retaining walls and a lot of other amendments to the property; amendments that would cost in the 10's of thousands and which would add weeks to the construction.

So, they're installing a pool that will be over their kids' heads for at least the next couple years, maybe longer considering Layla's non-growth curve; but will not be great for older kids and adults who might want a pool to dive into.  And, not only is their church pal giving them a discount, but it seems he can install said pool in record time despite the technical challenges.  What could possibly go wrong? I presume they'll get what they pay for.

I've shared my personal feelings about kids and pools, but I cringe thinking of how this particular couple is so unsuited to have young kids and a pool.  

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 10
  • Applause 6

Do you think Carlin is trying to describe a sports pool? It is 3 ft on each end, approx. 12x24 and goes to 4 or 5 feet deep in the middle. Here in Florida, I have seen a few of these in friends' backyards.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
23 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Do you think Carlin is trying to describe a sports pool? It is 3 ft on each end, approx. 12x24 and goes to 4 or 5 feet deep in the middle. Here in Florida, I have seen a few of these in friends' backyards.

They didn't say sports pool but let's be real, Carlin was like "is he called a pool guy or does he have a professional name" and Evan responds "the company probably has a name but IDK it." So yeah these aren't people who are great on the details.

All they specified was that the pool will have a tanning ledge that's about a ft of water for Carlin to lay in or the kids to play in + a kid friendly pool, not a teenagers' pool for people to dive in + very much a pool for the ages they are at/fun for them NOW + Evan goes "it'll be about 4 ft deep if you want to hit a little volleyball."

I really don't get this particular investment esp for a house they say isn't their forever home. Who on earth is looking to buy a home with a small non standard pool that's good for little kids. And why are they not considering that little kids grow into preteens/teens pretty quick!? Like who cares if the pool is fun for them NOW - are they just gonna out there by themselves NOW to enjoy it?

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, cereality said:

They didn't say sports pool but let's be real, Carlin was like "is he called a pool guy or does he have a professional name" and Evan responds "the company probably has a name but IDK it." So yeah these aren't people who are great on the details.

All they specified was that the pool will have a tanning ledge that's about a ft of water for Carlin to lay in or the kids to play in + a kid friendly pool, not a teenagers' pool for people to dive in + very much a pool for the ages they are at/fun for them NOW + Evan goes "it'll be about 4 ft deep if you want to hit a little volleyball."

I really don't get this particular investment esp for a house they say isn't their forever home. Who on earth is looking to buy a home with a small non standard pool that's good for little kids. And why are they not considering that little kids grow into preteens/teens pretty quick!? Like who cares if the pool is fun for them NOW - are they just gonna out there by themselves NOW to enjoy it?

I would also dispute that a 4 foot deep pool is good for little kids, no matter how many 'tanning ledges' it has.  As noted above, it is going to be years before their kids will be tall enough to stand up in 4 feet of water with their nose and mouth exposed to the air.

I doubt its a 'sports pool' because I don't see either Carlin or Evan being sports enthusiasts and wanting a pool that meets their needs when it comes to swimming laps or playing water polo. 

I expect they went to their church friend, the pool guy, and asked what was quickest to build that would still look good on the 'gram and made their decision from there.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

I'm 5' 4", only 1' 4" taller than 4'. 4' comes up to my clavicle area. A person would need to be taller than 4' 6" to be able to stand and breath, so we're talking 12 and 13 year olds.

The safest pool for kids is no pool. The safe-ish pool for toddlers is a kiddie pool. A safe-ish pool for the 5 to 10 years olds is a starter pool - 2' - 3' deep.

But we all know kids can drown in an inch of water.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, AstridM said:

They couldn’t just join a public pool or country club for the summer?

Or get one of these? But, oh wait - IG.

image.png.49fa57140244956a36c33e6db2e476b8.png

• Like 7

Two things:

Do y'all think there is a unwritten or written rule not to have other influencers on your IG page? At least not regularly. And perhaps that is why Carlin and Josie almost never post pics of each other. Both Carlin and Katie do it less now too.

And, do y'all think Josie will be moving into a new place by next summer? And possibly Katie and Travis will buy their house.

(edited)
3 hours ago, AstridM said:

They couldn’t just join a public pool or country club for the summer?

Public pool = sluttish heathens or *GASP* people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ+ people. Not sure which a Bates would think is worse. 

Country club = can't afford it and country club members wouldn't accept these two attention-whoring doofuses and their feral kids 

Edited by Heathen
Added people Bateses are afraid of
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think that the problem with any pool with access by the general public is that they would probably be told not to film on the premises.  They wouldn't be able to set up any of their stupid fake Instagram scenarios in a public place.

I don't know if they'd need releases from strangers who had the misfortune to wander into the midst of their filming; but I can imagine plenty of strangers objecting when Carlin and Evan run the kids through the same 'spontaneous' scene again and again while blocking access to others who might want to walk across the pool deck or swim past them.  And, if any of those strangers have a You Tube page, and want to get more hits, I'm sure they could post their impressions of the Stew Crew filming at the pool and spill all their secrets.

The world's a stage for Evan and Carlin and I think they are looking at this pool as just another set for their ongoing online schtick.

• Like 10

Country clubs in the south tend to be old money - along the lines of my father was Wallace Edwards IV and he owned much of what has now become southern Knoxville or we're a 4th generation family with a kid going to Vanderbilt to be a surgeon or Knoxville's biggest law firm is named after our family. No one is letting in boorish uneducated content creators with feral children.

They would NEVER join any kind of public pool bc let's be real Carlin (and Katie; Tori; Erin; etc.) are all terrified of their men being around any other women. And at a pool you get scantily clad women. What if Evan gets a hard on?

I'm convinced all of Carlin's getting up at 6 am and crying bc Evan had to leave the house to go to school/apprenticeship for 4 yrs was the ingrained fear of OMG what if there's a woman in his class? What if there are women at whatever hospital building his apprenticeship is at? What if he speaks to another woman? All these hussies are out their in the world trying to steal MY MAN. I mean she had all this in her head having gotten married like 2 mos after Bobby and Tori came running back to Knox because Bobby did whatever he did in Nashville when he was let out of Tori's sight. So pretty sure Carlin made it her mission to make sure that HER man wouldn't spend ANY time away from her, let alone 40 hrs/wk.

I mean this is the family where if the McDonalds drive thru female employee dares smiles at Trav and says "nice weather today" - Katie goes into bitch mode and holds up her ring to make sure they know it's HER MAN. So yeah . . . pretty sure these chicks would never let their husbands near any kind of public pool. Sure they'd go to the pool together but when you spend the day at the pool, at some point he's going to go to the snack bar while you watch the kids at the pool, she's going to go to the restroom - what if some hussy gets hot for his dad bod???

And the pragmatic reality given that their income = content - while they don't care and will put bikini pics of Layla on YT starting this summer, many/most other people DO care and would have huge objections at having their swim suit clad kids on someone's YT videos; so yeah they'd be blurring a ton of people out/getting releases etc. What's the point of a pool day if you can't get a Saturday video out of it - which is what they're going to do for months once the pool is in.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I have said this many times, but I have no idea where all the money is coming from for all of this.  I have a good job and live comfortably and wouldn't spend like this.  

I'm curious about them claiming that building the pool will only take three weeks.  Either their friend is blowing smoke or they aren't listening again.  Either one of those is plausible.  Even if the weather cooperates, there is so much to do with grading, digging out the pool, putting down the liner, putting down decking, and so on.  I have no idea how that gets done in three weeks.

It will be interesting when they go to sell.  When I was just about to start college, my family relocated for my father's job.  One of the houses my parents looked at was a really nice ranch on a corner lot that had everything they wanted, except it had a pool they didn't want to deal with.  That place had been on the market forever and the realtor said it was specifically because of the pool.  And it was a regular pool in good shape, not some odd thing only 4' deep.  So I envision lots of tearful videos where Carlin says that they need the Lord to find them a buyer so that they can move on to their next place.  Personally, I think the Lord has other stuff He needs to be doing rather than helping these two out.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1