Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Absolom said:

I don't think Brandon is a moocher either so that's quite possibly a big part of why those two couples get along.  As opposed to the born to be grifters of Evan and Carlin.  Evan seems almost like he could teach Gil lessons.

I'm laughing at the contrast of inviting M&B for dinner vs. C&E. Michael and Brandon would be model guests for a quiet weeknight dinner where you wanted adult company. I can picture Michael walking in, seeing Josie setting the table or getting the girls washed up, and jumping in to help, while Brandon walks out to the porch and stands out there with Kelton, fetching the aluminum foil or ginger powder or whatever Kelton may have forgotten indoors, as the two men talk about how snowy this winter has been just like when Brandon was growing up in Michigan, while dinner finishes cooking, and then Brandon carries food in so Kelton doesn't have to make 50 trips by himself and can shut down his grill.

Dinner conversation would be polite and QUIET regarding Kelton's work; how Josie's last wedding job was a wedding that had 900 guests can you believe it - it was as big as Jill Duggar's wedding that we went to years ago; Brandon's work/church/faith/God; how Michael has been up late nights sewing lately bc she's getting a lot of blanket orders. Cue M&B making polite conversation with the children saying responsible aunt/uncle things like "you should eat your fish, it'll make you grow big and strong." And then I see M&B helping clear plates, wrapping up the conversation in another 15-30 min over a polite cup of coffee, and clearing out - realizing that J&K have to finish cleaning up, put 2 toddlers to bed, and oh yeah all 4 of them have work in the morning.

Meanwhile cue C&E the woohooo party party guests who are so starved for something to do and someone to talk with that they'd show up at 5 pm on the dot, help with exactly nothing, move J&K's furniture around, put their bare feet on the furniture, let their kids stand on the furniture. And then dinner when Layla sits there being grossed out at salmon and string beans bc she's never seen such things before instead of being responsible parents who are like - try it, it's soooo good, Uncle Kelton makes the best fish, do you know it's cousin Willow's favorite dinner? They'd instead hand Layla a bag of Oreos to shut her up, while Willow and Hazel wonder why they have to eat salmon and string beans instead of cookies for dinner. And then they'd woohoo their way thru the entire conversation, asking nothing about J&K, and not taking hints to clear out as J&K practically ignore them loading the dishwasher and putting their kids in PJs while their own kids are falling asleep on J&K's living room floor . . . . Lol.

I do wonder if beyond C&E's irritating clingy moocher personalities, Josie and Whit aren't super keen on their kids hanging out with cousin Layla too much just bc of how she's being raised. After all as everyone's kids get older, they will ask questions about why they have to go to bed at 8 pm when cousin Layla doesn't or why they have to eat fish for dinner while she gets Oreos. I mean when they went camping with Z&W, Zach cooked every meal and at one point made baked apples over the fire. Everyone ate baked apples, while Layla chowed down on a huge bag of Oreos. I imagine the girl freaked out having rarely seen an apple, let alone being asked to eat a fruit based snack.

Similar to Jackson's wedding rehearsal, all the flower girls were running around with empty baskets. Cue Layla - her basket was filled with crackers, which Carlin was opening and giving to Layla and Zade to shut them up. Funny how Z&W's kids, Kade, Kolter had no problem making it through a 45 min rehearsal right before dinner without snacks.

4 hours ago, Heathen said:

Topic: I'd sure like to know what the pastor and parishioners actually think of the Stews. I imagine that when they're not playing keep sweet, their opinions aren't favorable. 

I think it's telling that they appear to have NO friends at a mega church aside from the pastor/his wife. I've said it before - it's akin to that annoying kid in 6th grade who all the other kids steer clear of so he says his best friend is the homeroom teacher, and she can't exactly tell him to buzz off bc this is her job.

Even on this church retreat where it seems like couples were going out to breakfast etc. together, C&E went out with . . . the pastor and his wife. Posted pics standing in front of some strip mall with them + getting ice cream with them. LOL. It really is like the kid with his teacher bestie who is paid to be nice.

I mean J&K appear to have a friend group - I presume at least some (all?) are church couples and they seem to be relatively the same ages. Meanwhile C&E's Jan 1 party party was a sad football watching party with a bunch of 40+ year olds in the church basement. Some of these 40+ year olds might legit be the pastor's friends as they seem close in age; some in attendance might be those who are new in town, new in church, looking to meet others so they went to a church sponsored event. But it ain't the type of event you see a 25 and 29 yr old attending on January 1 when one of them grew up in Knox her whole life, has 1000 siblings, went to college in Knox, SHOULD have some lifelong friends to spend the new years with.

My sense is that amongst people their own age, word has gotten around about how they are. Loud, annoying, me me me, won't let you get a word in edgewise, expect you to always pick up the tab for Sbux, and if you want to be their friend - sure come babysit their kids, scrub their tub, or put Christmas lights on their house, and no it isn't a reciprocal thing - Evan ain't about to help you when you're repairing your driveway and could use a few guys to give you a hand mixing concrete while you shoot the $hit re Tenn. football. Reassured then Evan will be home playing video games slurping down his pumpkin spice something from Sbux in his $100 cuts pants.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, cereality said:

I'm laughing at the contrast of inviting M&B for dinner vs. C&E. Michael and Brandon would be model guests for a quiet weeknight dinner where you wanted adult company. I can picture Michael walking in, seeing Josie setting the table or getting the girls washed up, and jumping in to help, while Brandon walks out to the porch and stands out there with Kelton, fetching the aluminum foil or ginger powder or whatever Kelton may have forgotten indoors, as the two men talk about how snowy this winter has been just like when Brandon was growing up in Michigan, while dinner finishes cooking, and then Brandon carries food in so Kelton doesn't have to make 50 trips by himself and can shut down his grill.

Dinner conversation would be polite and QUIET regarding Kelton's work; how Josie's last wedding job was a wedding that had 900 guests can you believe it - it was as big as Jill Duggar's wedding that we went to years ago; Brandon's work/church/faith/God; how Michael has been up late nights sewing lately bc she's getting a lot of blanket orders. Cue M&B making polite conversation with the children saying responsible aunt/uncle things like "you should eat your fish, it'll make you grow big and strong." And then I see M&B helping clear plates, wrapping up the conversation in another 15-30 min over a polite cup of coffee, and clearing out - realizing that J&K have to finish cleaning up, put 2 toddlers to bed, and oh yeah all 4 of them have work in the morning.

Meanwhile cue C&E the woohooo party party guests who are so starved for something to do and someone to talk with that they'd show up at 5 pm on the dot, help with exactly nothing, move J&K's furniture around, put their bare feet on the furniture, let their kids stand on the furniture. And then dinner when Layla sits there being grossed out at salmon and string beans bc she's never seen such things before instead of being responsible parents who are like - try it, it's soooo good, Uncle Kelton makes the best fish, do you know it's cousin Willow's favorite dinner? They'd instead hand Layla a bag of Oreos to shut her up, while Willow and Hazel wonder why they have to eat salmon and string beans instead of cookies for dinner. And then they'd woohoo their way thru the entire conversation, asking nothing about J&K, and not taking hints to clear out as J&K practically ignore them loading the dishwasher and putting their kids in PJs while their own kids are falling asleep on J&K's living room floor . . . . Lol.

I do wonder if beyond C&E's irritating clingy moocher personalities, Josie and Whit aren't super keen on their kids hanging out with cousin Layla too much just bc of how she's being raised. After all as everyone's kids get older, they will ask questions about why they have to go to bed at 8 pm when cousin Layla doesn't or why they have to eat fish for dinner while she gets Oreos. I mean when they went camping with Z&W, Zach cooked every meal and at one point made baked apples over the fire. Everyone ate baked apples, while Layla chowed down on a huge bag of Oreos. I imagine the girl freaked out having rarely seen an apple, let alone being asked to eat a fruit based snack.

Similar to Jackson's wedding rehearsal, all the flower girls were running around with empty baskets. Cue Layla - her basket was filled with crackers, which Carlin was opening and giving to Layla and Zade to shut them up. Funny how Z&W's kids, Kade, Kolter had no problem making it through a 45 min rehearsal right before dinner without snacks.

I think it's telling that they appear to have NO friends at a mega church aside from the pastor/his wife. I've said it before - it's akin to that annoying kid in 6th grade who all the other kids steer clear of so he says his best friend is the homeroom teacher, and she can't exactly tell him to buzz off bc this is her job.

Even on this church retreat where it seems like couples were going out to breakfast etc. together, C&E went out with . . . the pastor and his wife. Posted pics standing in front of some strip mall with them + getting ice cream with them. LOL. It really is like the kid with his teacher bestie who is paid to be nice.

I mean J&K appear to have a friend group - I presume at least some (all?) are church couples and they seem to be relatively the same ages. Meanwhile C&E's Jan 1 party party was a sad football watching party with a bunch of 40+ year olds in the church basement. Some of these 40+ year olds might legit be the pastor's friends as they seem close in age; some in attendance might be those who are new in town, new in church, looking to meet others so they went to a church sponsored event. But it ain't the type of event you see a 25 and 29 yr old attending on January 1 when one of them grew up in Knox her whole life, has 1000 siblings, went to college in Knox, SHOULD have some lifelong friends to spend the new years with.

My sense is that amongst people their own age, word has gotten around about how they are. Loud, annoying, me me me, won't let you get a word in edgewise, expect you to always pick up the tab for Sbux, and if you want to be their friend - sure come babysit their kids, scrub their tub, or put Christmas lights on their house, and no it isn't a reciprocal thing - Evan ain't about to help you when you're repairing your driveway and could use a few guys to give you a hand mixing concrete while you shoot the $hit re Tenn. football. Reassured then Evan will be home playing video games slurping down his pumpkin spice something from Sbux in his $100 cuts pants.

Michael and Brandon, being regular people with good manners; would also offer to bring an appetizer, a side dish or dessert to contribute to the meal.  And, within a reasonable amount of time after the dinner, they would invite Josie, Kelton and the kids to their place and provide a meal in reciprocation.

As far as Carlin and Evan are concerned; it is everyone else' responsibility to take care of them, not vice versa.  Anyone who gets invited to dinner at their place needs to be ready to assemble the grill, run out for the steaks and clean up afterwards.

• Like 10

Speaking of Josie and Kelton inviting people for dinner do they even have a dining room table? I can't remember seeing a dining area or a table. Usually they are just standing or sitting around the Kitchen island.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Speaking of Josie and Kelton inviting people for dinner do they even have a dining room table? I can't remember seeing a dining area or a table. Usually they are just standing or sitting around the Kitchen island.

They do. Its a rectangle table that seats 6. She has shown it when she has her friends/employees over during the holidays.

Found a pic. Maybe it seats 8?

image.png.6cbcf3927b4375be1b248d916ba8a48c.png

• Useful 5

Anyone notice the IG a few days ago at the grocery store in the produce section as Princess Layla screams - don't get broccoli, I don't like it? C&E thought it was the cutest thing in the world. Pan camera to a cart full of fruit as an eff you PrimeTimer/Reddit, see we feed our kids healthy. But "cart full" really meant a few boxes of berries and 2-3 apples and not vegetables bc apparently Layla said no.

Then pan the camera a half hour later to TWO entire carts filled with Kroger bags, so I'm guessing one bag of fruit was buried somewhere below the bags and bags of processed food with Honey Nut Cheerios riding right on top - though I guess given their choices sometimes HN Cheerios are decent.

Am I the only one who would've gotten the broccoli and told Layla to shut it or that she'd learn to like it or whatever? I'm sorry but they give that child entirely too much control. And then on the way out the door Layla is riding along in the cart holding a Barbie as Carlin is like - what you found it, put that back, it's for your bday. Of course Layla being used to doing what she wants is like - no I want to hold it. Again Carlin thinks this is soooo adorable and calls her a little stinker.

Uh is Evan cutting back $ on Layla too now? Bc her bday present is a Barbie picked up at the grocery store, while cousin Hayley is getting a party planned by a party planner [comp-ed via social media I'm sure]? I could see Evan wanting to cut back bc after all they are already paying for dance and that's enough for a girl child. But these 2 are home all day long, could they not have picked up the Barbie on a trip where Layla wasn't with them? Or not ordered it in the 3700 Amazon packages of crap they get per week?

• Like 10

As I recall last year they got her ears pierced for her birthday. I don’t think they really go all out for birthdays. 
I can’t fault them for that. Little kids are happy with a cake and a couple of gifts. 
At the grocery store they could have asked Layla what vegetable she would like INSTEAD of broccoli. Especially since they were filming a “we do buy groceries” story.

• Like 9

I call bullshit on the birthday gift story. Layla pick it out. She has never left a store without some toy or candy.

As for not liking broccoli, I would have just ignored Layla and kept going with my plan. No need to discuss a food that's not even on her plate.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

They're definitely on an eff you tear lately. Grocery shopping, reading to the kids, vegetables, cooking at home. I'm guessing they're low on content and this is their version of a rebrand?

I call b.s. on the Barbie story as well. Layla never goes to a store and leaves empty-handed. Every Target or Walmart trip she's getting toys, junk jewelry, candy, lip gloss, etc. 

Speaking of Travis and Katie, I wonder if the Stew Crew will be driving to NJ for Hailey's party? It sounds like it will be an obnoxiously showy affair, so I'd say yes. Plus it will give them an excuse to blow off BSB for two weeks, so definitely yes. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

C9416B07-C9E2-47F6-B636-4F8120C24C81.jpeg

Age regression.  Not a good look for someone who will be 26 in a couple of months. In fact I don't think this is a good look for anyone. 

• Like 12
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They're definitely on an eff you tear lately. Grocery shopping, reading to the kids, vegetables, cooking at home. I'm guessing they're low on content and this is their version of a rebrand?

I call b.s. on the Barbie story as well. Layla never goes to a store and leaves empty-handed. Every Target or Walmart trip she's getting toys, junk jewelry, candy, lip gloss, etc. 

Speaking of Travis and Katie, I wonder if the Stew Crew will be driving to NJ for Hailey's party? It sounds like it will be an obnoxiously showy affair, so I'd say yes. Plus it will give them an excuse to blow off BSB for two weeks, so definitely yes. 

I’m guessing Granny KJ will be there, probably sitting around & not helping in any meaningful way. C&E have severe FOMO, so they will be there too.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

We really need a clothing thread. Between the guys' pants and shoes, KJ, Carlin and Josie and the Fundy 3 - Michael, Tori and Erin, it would be hilarious.

Bates Family Fashion: From the Prairie to Provocative

Bates Family Fashion: The Linen, the Stitch and the Wardrobe

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
(edited)

Maybe Evan likes the school girl Brittany look - having never done it with anyone with any sort of education/going to school commitments? 🙄Though who knows they seem more like middle aged roommates than anything else at this point. Maybe I shouldn’t have said that. They’ve been on a tear lately - see we grocery shop, we buy fruit, we cook, we read to our kids, our kids have a bedtime for our kids. Now do we get to see Evan scattering rose petals on the bed and lighting bedroom candles to convince us they’re doing it??

They’re so out of content right now it’s hysterical. When’s that third pregnancy coming along? Bc right now all they have coming up is likely the 10 hr drive to NJ for Katie’s kid’s bday. But I imagine it’s another long weekend rather than the 2 week stay they want. After all once Trav had them out with a 4 day stay last time, he may think hard about now allowing a 10 day stay complete with NYC trips etc bc then it just resets expectations again . . . . I mean Evan’s own mother had then gone with a 4 day stay at Christmas so K&T probably don’t feel more obligated than Grandma Stewart.

Also does Layla really get a toy or junk snack every time they go out including errands like the grocery store?! Wow talk about a waste of $ + never teaching your kid that sometimes they’re gonna hear NO and they don’t need candy or toy every time they step out of the house?! But then recently I recall them getting her a cup of whipped cream at Sbux bc they HAD to get her something - even though were at Target post Christmas buying her some junk toy or nail polish or something anyway?? Like couldn’t say - nope you got your nail polish, you aren’t getting anything at Sbux today?!

Edited by cereality
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

If Layla wanted a drink, they could've gotten her an orange juice or little bottle of milk from the refrigerated case most Starbucks have. They don't have to pump her with Frappucinos and whipped cream.At this point, I think the kid is so hooked on sugar she needs a 12 step program. 

cereality, to your other point, yeah, I've never seen a video where Layla doesn't get a toy or other item when they're in the store. When they did that shopping trip for the charity Christmas thing, Layla was getting fussy because she didn't understand the concept of buying for other children. Carlin and Evan placated her by letting her pick out some jewelry. Although, in fairness Layla's entire childhood is being exploited for money. Maybe I shouldn't be so judgemental and look at the trinkets as compensation? 

• Like 7

I'm thinking back to when I had two kids around L&Z's ages. To me, Zade also seems a bit leery and timid around Layla. He never gravitates toward her unless being forced to do so for a reel.

My littler one was always all over the older one at those ages, and the older one welcomed it, for the most part. Best buddies, until the 60 seconds they're not. Not saying they never fought or wanted the sibling out of their business, but they gravitated to each other, more often than not.

I think Layla may be more spice than sugar.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

If Layla wanted a drink, they could've gotten her an orange juice or little bottle of milk from the refrigerated case most Starbucks have. They don't have to pump her with Frappucinos and whipped cream.At this point, I think the kid is so hooked on sugar she needs a 12 step program. 

cereality, to your other point, yeah, I've never seen a video where Layla doesn't get a toy or other item when they're in the store. When they did that shopping trip for the charity Christmas thing, Layla was getting fussy because she didn't understand the concept of buying for other children. Carlin and Evan placated her by letting her pick out some jewelry. Although, in fairness Layla's entire childhood is being exploited for money. Maybe I shouldn't be so judgemental and look at the trinkets as compensation? 

The extreme deprivation in which Carlin grew up + Carlin & Evan's sheer laziness in parenting [and everything else] is certainly producing an excellent environment in which to raise kids. 🙄

I've always said that they started getting Layla snacks EVERY time they went out legit since she cut her first couple teeth. At that point it always seemed to me that Carlin seemed super PROUD to be able to do that. In that - see G&K NEVER got us snacks even on special occasions like trips, yet we can do it EVERY time we go on the most mundane errand. Problem is you get a kid used to cake pops + krispy kreme sitting in a parking lot at age 1, yeah their taste buds totally change and they ONLY want sugar/junk. Suddenly apple slices or a tiny box of raisins packed from home ain't a snack. And when they get bigger the snacks get bigger. I mean we've seen plenty of times where they've been at an outlet mall, at the family ski trip (years ago when they went), sitting in the parking lot outside vacation bible school and Layla is polishing off bags of Fritos and Doritos that are the size of her head.

Fast forward to age 4 with these eating habits + a kid whose never been taught NO - yeah of course she can demand a cup of whipped cream at the Target Sbux, whine/tantrum a bit, and she knows she's getting it.

These people also act like they all need snacks (including C&E) every time they leave home as if they are crossing the Sahara, not running errands 15 min from home. FFS that cup of whipped cream was on a trip to Target the week between Christmas and New Years bc after Evan's parents politely declined to host for 2 weeks, they came home, got bored in 1.5 days, didn't know what to do, so ran to Target to entertain themselves . . . . So if you're there with nothing you really need and your kid starts whining for a snack, say no a few times. When that doesn't work - say ok, well you're hungry, let's head home and eat, we don't really need to be at Target . . . . Do that like 3 times and the kid will learn.

Same with buying gifts for other kids. By age 4 almost kids get it bc they are going to their preschool pals' bday parties like every other week, so they are very used to going to the store and getting just 1 coloring book or whatever for just the bday child. Layla has 17,000 cousins. Can they not take her to the store and say ok we are here to pick out a present for cousin Hayley or Chole or Willow or whomever's bday. And then when she insists that she get something, you keep saying - nope ONLY buying for the bday child today, your bday is in 6 mos. Again stand firm 4 times, ignore her tantrums, and she'll learn.

Carlin's own reliance on snacks is a bit eyebrow raising. We saw the one time in Nashville where she had Evan stuffing his pockets with candy bars, so she could have a snack for a 9 am church service!? And more recently in Orlando after Jackson's wedding, she exits a gas station w/ a shopping bag STUFFED full of snacks - crowing much like we've seen Gil do about how she got SUCH a great deal, prices are SOOOO cheap. She was comparing to Knoxville airport bc on the way to Fla, I guess she bought at the airport and paid like $8 per bag of chips. Evan even seemed annoyed as he was like - uh you didn't save anything bc you bought 3x the amount. The sheer amount of M&Ms, chips, etc. was ridiculous - even if they were going to share with K&T who flew with them. I mean Orlando to Knox is a 90 min flight!? I realize she's young so it doesn't matter what she eats now but 30 creeps up fast - and I believe her husband will be 30 this yr/next . . . she should think about why THIS much junk isn't a good idea even if you're skinny now.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
(edited)
On 1/20/2024 at 5:03 PM, cereality said:

Michael has directly said that babysitting is her job - she does 2 days/wk for Josie + 1 day/wk for a non family child. 

Did Michael ever end up working as a nurse?  I can't imagine spending the time and money to become an RN only to continue working as a babysitter for what I'm sure is peanuts compared to the $30-35/hr that RNs make, on average, in Knoxville.

On 1/27/2024 at 9:50 AM, cereality said:

I mean Evan’s own mother had then gone with a 4 day stay at Christmas so K&T probably don’t feel more obligated than Grandma Stewart.

16 hours ago, cereality said:

FFS that cup of whipped cream was on a trip to Target the week between Christmas and New Years bc after Evan's parents politely declined to host for 2 weeks, they came home, got bored in 1.5 days, didn't know what to do, so ran to Target to entertain themselves . . . . 

Evan's mother actually refused to let them hang out at their house?  That surprises me, as I always assumed Evan's mother was the main one who perpetuated spoiling Evan to the point of obnoxiousness.

On another note, I just watched C+E's latest YouTube vid of Layla's 4th birthday party, which was supposed to be what I think is called a "sleep under" these days.  Or, as Carlin called it, a "half sleepover."  Per Carlin, it was to be a small party, with only Layla's besties.  Then, day of the party, Carlin says Willow is sick so isn't able to come, and it appears from subsequent footage of the "party" (which consisted of sitting in a tent in Layla's room eating and watching a movie), that the only other guest was Khloe??  I don't know, I can appreciate that birthday parties don't always have to be big blow out events, but having a birthday party that consists of your cousin coming over to watch some tv just seems kind of . . . sad.  Maybe this was her social media party . . . not her "real" party.  (And yes, rolling my eyes at myself that I serioulsy just typed "social media" party).

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Did Michael ever end up working as a nurse?  I can't imagine spending the time and money to become an RN only to continue working as a babysitter for what I'm sure is peanuts compared to the $30-35/hr that RNs make, on average, in Knoxville.

Michael did not study to get her RN.  She did an LPN program. It stills seems a waste, but she did it through a community college and it did distract her from the infertility stuggles some.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, SabineElisabeth said:

She's an LPN, not an RN. She never used her license -- someone posted that Michael said she only got it to take care of her parents when they are older. They'll just use her and wear her out. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Heathen said:

She's an LPN, not an RN. She never used her license -- someone posted that Michael said she only got it to take care of her parents when they are older. They'll just use her and wear her out. 

I have a soft spot for Michael, but she really needs to smarten up. It's crazy to spend money on a degree just to spin your wheels for 25+ years until your aged parents need care. There's a huge nursing shortage right now. She could work two or three days a week and make a tidy sum. It's like I've said on previous posts, though. If the logical path is "x," Fundies do the opposite. Their minds just aren't wired like ours. 

With regards to Layla, it's plausible what was posted was her "content party" but if it ended up being just Khloe, I'm not entirely surprised. Carlin and Evan don't seem to have any same-age friends. They hang out with Z&W and the weird pastor couple and that's it. You'd think Layla would have one or two little buddies from dance or Sunday School, but maybe the other parents don't appreciate Carlin filming their children and plastering it on the internet. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 7
3 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Evan's mother actually refused to let them hang out at their house?  That surprises me, as I always assumed Evan's mother was the main one who perpetuated spoiling Evan to the point of obnoxiousness.

I mean I was exaggerating and I doubt Ma Stewart actually said "get out of my house" bc yeah she/her husband created the man child that is Evan. But I'm just saying that it was VERY noticeable that they headed to Nashville for Christmas like on 12/22 and were back in Knoxville by 12/26. That's VERY different than years prior where they spent 2-3 weeks at his parents' - NEVER returning before New Years.

While the Stewarts may not have said "go home," it is very likely that they kept Christmas small and boring this year. Maybe they HAD TO go visit some long lost relative on 12/26. Maybe his sisters HAD TO go back to work on 12/26 and sensing that no one was going to be around to feed and entertain them, watch their kids, and buy them Sbux, they decided to pack it up? Not unlike the visit with K&T in early December, where Trav likely didn't say "go home" but was all like "yeah your last trip here was insane, we ran off to NYC with Katie 9 mos pregnant, we won't be doing that this time" and then the trip was going to the gym and church once with Trav and otherwise mostly being home, and C&E decided that was boring and headed home.

I mean they took enough advantage last Christmas that 65+ yr old MIL/FIL probably just couldn't do it again. On top of staying 14+ days, it seems like they just decided they were on vacation and MIL/FIL were there to feed them and raise their kids. They posted pics where at 8 pm MIL would be sleeping HARD on the couch - prob after cooking, cleaning up the kitchen, and chasing 2 kids all day - while STILL holding their damn child; and instead of being adults and saying Mom you're exhausted, give me the kid, go to bed, we'll straighten up the family room and lock up - they thought it was funny to take pics of her instead.

MIL/FIL raised this man child and likely expected a wife would come along who'd finish raising him and make him a responsible, non grifting man . . . . Except he married Carlin who is exactly like him and loves that her inlaws are willing to feed them 3 meals/day + watch the kids so party party. 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

With regards to Layla, it's plausible what was posted was her "content party" but if it ended up being just Khloe, I'm not entirely surprised. Carlin and Evan don't seem to have any same-age friends. They hang out with Z&W and the weird pastor couple and that's it. You'd think Layla would have one or two little buddies from dance or Sunday School, but maybe the other parents don't appreciate her filming their children and plastering it on the internet. 

IIRC Layla's bday hasn't happened yet and bc her loser parents don't work, they always do weekday parties. So it's possible there's a party this week? Hopefully that involves some little friends from church and/or dance class and that barber's kid who everyone claims as a family friend. But knowing these people, it still could be a cousin party - just including boy cousins like Kade, Kolter, Bradley; the little girl cousins; G&K and whichever of their kids want to come etc. It's possible this sleepover was the special treat with her bestie cousins . . . Kind of sad that these kids don't get to have any friends besides family. I mean I realize that's what Carlin's parents preached but how's that working out for them as half the sisters don't talk to the others anymore?

But yeah I do question if on top of C&E just being annoying, other parents at church/dance won't be eager to send their kid's to Layla's party because they know their child will end up on YT for whoever to watch and jerk off too. I know C&E don't realize or care about this, but I can see other parents caring and declining the invite UNLESS the kid really insists that Layla is their bestie, they MUST go; and I highly doubt that given that she's done dance for what 2 months max? I highly doubt kids who see her 45 min per week 1-2 times/wk are sooo attached to her. And for church kids, again I could see their parents declining if they felt like uh that means C&E will start to consider US friends, no thx.

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I have a soft spot for Michael, but she really needs to smarten up. It's crazy to spend money on a degree just to spin your wheels for 25+ years until your aged parents need care. There's a huge nursing shortage right now. She could work two or three days a week and make a tidy sum. It's like I've said on previous posts, though. If the logical path is "x," Fundies do the opposite. Their minds just aren't wired like ours. 

I thought she said she got the nursing degree to take care of her aging GRANDparents? But I don't think she moved down to NC to live with Meemaw, nor do we see her with Bill/Jane weekly. I mean maybe she got it for her parents but uh they aren't even 60 yet!? And she has no professional experience, just SCHOOL. What on earth do you expect to remember from school some 15-20 yrs from now?

Given the HUGE nursing shortages right, she could totally get hired as an LPN in any capacity and it's not like she'd have to work 40 hrs/wk either to make $$. She could legit only work 1-2 days/wk and if she doesn't want to be in a hospital setting, she could be in a drs office. But FWIW I don't think that she feels like her life is complete without being around children, talking to them, teaching them etc., so in that sense nannying 3 days/wk makes more sense for her and probably is more fulfilling to her. Sure she could work in a pediatrics office but that isn't an 8 hr connection with a child. I've always said C&E are absolute morons for not engaging Michael the 2 days/wk she's free - bc those brats could certainly use an adult who loves them and pays attention to them.

• Like 6

I hope it's not to take care of her parents'. Michael's done enough for her parents. More then enough by raising their kids. She shouldn't have step up to take care of them in their old age. I wish she would put her foot down. All Gil and Kelly (mostly Kelly) do is use her. They have no interest in anything except what Michael can do for them.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5

Yeah, I also remember Michael saying she was going to school to help her grandparents. Papa Bill hasn't been well. Let's see if she spends more time in SC. 

Have C&E been back to Nashville since Christmas? This must be some kind of record. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 1/29/2024 at 4:54 AM, ozziemom said:

Is there no I love you day this year? Or did I miss it? 

It's on. This year's theme is Little House on the Prairie. 

They should have just kept the clothes they wore before the TV cameras came around. 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 10
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Evan was supposedly looking for something in pinstripes. Is he going as Nels Oleson? 😂

Or a banker? Rich bureaucrat? 

Will Carlin show up as a saloon lady?

• LOL 7
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Or a banker? Rich bureaucrat? 

Will Carlin show up as a saloon lady?

Possibly! A great excuse to wear more revealing clothes.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 1/28/2024 at 6:22 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, I also remember Michael saying she was going to school to help her grandparents. Papa Bill hasn't been well. Let's see if she spends more time in SC.

She did say that. In one of Trace's vlogs, he (or Jane) talks about how Bill was in the hospital a while back and Jane was too sick to stay over and take care of him so Michael came down and stayed the whole time in the hospital with him. It seems like several of the older grandkids are close to them, but the ones with kids of their own probably would have a harder time being able to stay over to help care for them if they were ailing, so it makes sense Michael would do it.

I think Gil goes down to his parents' place a fair bit also. God forbid Kelly gets off her ass to do anything to help. Typical narcissist--good at looking busy without actually doing any real work. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

I don't know if you guys have seen Carlin's latest stories, but she posted a video of Layla and Zade watching tv, and Layla has no top on. She and Zade are face down, laying in a pillow, but you can basically see everything. It's being talked about on the subReddit and everyone is positively disgusted. 

I know Carlin is dumb as a box of rocks, but this is an entirely new level of stupid.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, graefin said:

She did say that. In one of Trace's vlogs, he (or Jane) talks about how Bill was in the hospital a while back and Jane was too sick to stay over and take care of him so Michael came down and stayed the whole time in the hospital with him. It seems like several of the older grandkids are close to them, but the ones with kids of their own probably would have a harder time being able to stay over to help care for them if they were ailing, so it makes sense Michael would do it.

I think Gil goes down to his parents' place a fair bit also. God forbid Kelly gets off her ass to do anything to help. Typical narcissist--good at looking busy without actually doing any real work. 

Michael took care of him WHILE he was already in the hospital? Who needs nursing education for that?

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, AstridM said:

Michael took care of him WHILE he was already in the hospital? Who needs nursing education for that?

Unless I misunderstood, that's what it sounded like. From my experience, it helps to have medical knowledge when you have a family member in the hospital, and there are studies indicating people get better quality care when it's known that they have family members who care about them. At the risk of offending some folks who I know are in the profession I'll say the following.

Quality of care in the hospital isn't always the greatest. When my own grandparents were in the hospital, there were times the staff wanted to do things that made no sense, and had we not been there to question them, the outcome would have been worse than it was. Floor nurses aren't going to be attentive to your loved one's needs in the same way that you are and they might even miss signs that something is wrong. So I'd say it was good Michael was there to stay with Bill and her nursing education certainly helped.

• Like 8
6 hours ago, graefin said:

Unless I misunderstood, that's what it sounded like. From my experience, it helps to have medical knowledge when you have a family member in the hospital, and there are studies indicating people get better quality care when it's known that they have family members who care about them. At the risk of offending some folks who I know are in the profession I'll say the following.

Quality of care in the hospital isn't always the greatest. When my own grandparents were in the hospital, there were times the staff wanted to do things that made no sense, and had we not been there to question them, the outcome would have been worse than it was. Floor nurses aren't going to be attentive to your loved one's needs in the same way that you are and they might even miss signs that something is wrong. So I'd say it was good Michael was there to stay with Bill and her nursing education certainly helped.

I would agree — it definitely helps. I have multiple doctors in my family and it really makes a difference having someone to “translate” and to speak to staff in an informed way. And, in my recent experience with my grandmother, that the staff looked at her not just as a random patient, but as the mother and grandmother-in-law of two well-respected and high-ranking doctors at the hospital.

• Like 7

In the latest installment of Stellar Parenting, the kids had teeth cleanings. Layla is in the waiting room with an unopened lollipop clutched in her fist. Only Carlin would bribe her kid with sugar at a freaking dentist appointment. The irony is off the charts. 

I get that sometimes parents just want to get through a stressful situation. If a bag of Cheetos prevents your kid from having a meltdown on a flight or a piece of candy gets them through a blood draw, by all means, do what you have to do. However I've noticed a pattern with Layla where she can't/won't do the most basic of things without sweets, snacks or promise of a toy. I'm sure 99% of this is because Carlin needs her cooperative for filming, but they're establishing a lot of really bad habits. 

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

As much as I snark on them, I can't snark on Michael going to stay with Papa Bill when he was in the hospital. Maybe it was helpful that she's a nurse, but reality is he's older and has some dementia type of problems. He was admitted to the hospital and specialists/drs from different departments come around at all hours; he likely wouldn't know what questions to ask and may or may not understand their instructions. He probably needed someone there to handle that, nurse or not. And yeah there's Mama Jane but reality is she's older too - and I think has health problems - I'm sure she was exhausted too and just needed to be home at times and Michael being there, allows her to go home and rest for a few hours.

Plus Michael isn't Kelly or Carlin. It's not like she just took her photo opp with Papa Bill at the hospital and ran home - the way Kelly did with Alyssa or Carlin did with Katie's birth. Frankly we didn't even know that Michael even was down there or when all this happened bc like a normal person, Michael didn't post it on social media; similarly, we only just found out that Michael went down to stay with/care for Meemaw in her last weeks - bc again she didn't plaster it on social media in real time.

I'd venture to guess as soon as Papa Bill got home, Michael was helping him at home and/or also cooked a few freezer meals, went grocery shopping etc. so that Mama Jane wouldn't have to worry about food for a while. I know Gil's other siblings live on the property but my guess is they do a lot of the day to day heavy lifting, so I can see Michael putting enough casseroles or chicken in the freezer and groceries in the fridge so that when Gil's siblings are spending hours and hours at Bill/Jane's house - they have food too.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I get that sometimes parents just want to get through a stressful situation. If a bag of Cheetos prevents your kid from having a meltdown on a flight or a piece of candy gets them through a blood draw, by all means, do what you have to do. However I've noticed a pattern with Layla where she can't/won't do the most basic of things without sweets, snacks or promise of a toy. I'm sure 99% of this is because Carlin needs her cooperative for filming, but they're establishing a lot of really bad habits. 

It's ridiculous. Sure everyone bribes little kids sometimes to get them to cooperate or to reward them for cooperating but it's only a treat if it is occasional. A treat or sugary snack EVERY time your kid has to do something whether go to the dentist or sit in the car or go to Target - uh then it's just an expectation that they'll only perform like a dancing monkey if they have a snack in hand!?

My absolute favorite was Jackson's wedding. All the flower girls/ring bearers are practicing walking down the aisle with empty baskets/ring pillow. Layla's basket is filled with crackers. When the rehearsal is over and everyone is regrouping to get out of the venue and head to lunch/dinner, again all the flower girls/ring bearers are standing around being told what to do next - Carlin is opening the crackers and giving them to Layla and Zade to shut them up. Funny how Kade, Kolter, Willow, Hazel, Z&W's kids didn't need to be bribed with crackers to get thru a 45 min rehearsal + 10 min of getting into the car and getting going!? The other kids weren't even looking at Layla's snacks or wanting some - they literally could not have cared less.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The way Carlin acted leading up to and during that appointment was ridiculous. I would have told her to STFU as an adult if I was there.

Didn't see how she acted so I can't comment on that specifically, but honestly I feel that way about how C&E act in public pretty much anywhere. Let's see there was the time at Carlin's eye dr appointment where they bring the whole family and Evan is entertaining the kids by throwing things at Layla which she's fetching and bringing back to him - as if they own the waiting room. There were Carlin's various neuro etc. appointments where they brought the kids who are sitting there screaming - as if there aren't exams going on in other rooms requiring quiet.

And the best - when they strolled into a cardiology appointment like 2 hrs late for no reason except - shrug we forgot and then stopped at Sbux. And then crowed about how the dr is STILL going to see them, they'll just have their kids make enough noise in the waiting room that the dr will promptly want to see them and get them out of there  . . . .

Edited by cereality
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2