Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, cereality said:

It's interesting that they are 26 and 29 years old with a home and family of their own and they are still SO caught up in their own selves, that they can't read the room. Evan stood there bragging about free weeks at his parents - literally - hahah I don't have to pay for food, nor lodging, nor anything else and I even line up behind my sisters when we go to Sbux so they'll buy for me. Uh hello if you're NOT paying, someone else is?! And your parents are retired?!

IDK Stewart family dynamics and not all parents would feel ok with a grown kid saying ok we're visiting this week so here's $200 to cover the added food, water bill from our showers etc. BUT when you're a grown up who pays your own bills, you realize this stuff costs money so you cover it quietly. If you're staying for a week+ - you grab takeout for everyone a few times that YOU pay for, to save MIL the cooking and to cover the cost for a few meals; you run to the grocery store and pick up some essentials when running low without seeking reimbursement; perish the thought you even put a meal or two together yourself for everyone. You could even throw your sheets/towels in the laundry.

Instead they act like college freshman who are home on vacation, not a care in the world. And they continue to act like that until they are called out about it, and then they get offended and go running home and relations chill.

Except that, unlike most college freshman, they bring along their 2 little kids and undoubtedly expect mom and or dad to provide 99% of the child care while they 'party, party, party'.  It does seem like Evan's parents finally grew a pair and laid down some realistic expectations as to the length of their visits, the amount of free food, housekeeping and childcare they would be willing to provide and limitations as to when and what could be filmed during their stay and C&E had a little hissy fit and went home.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Didn’t Evan’s brother get divorced?  Maybe he’s in the spare room and there’s no place for them to stay. But yeah, it’s odd because they used to go all the time. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Like 5
11 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Didn’t Evan’s brother get divorced?  Maybe he’s in the spare room and there’s no place for them to stay. But yeah, it’s odd because they used to go all the time. 

He did. Apparently cheated on his ex wife - that's what the ex wife has said. IDK if that means he moved back in but given how these people are - i.e. Evan's unmarried sisters live at home - maybe he did in fact move home. Or maybe Carlin is keen on HER man NOT being around such an influence who'd cheat on his wife. But in her heart of hearts you know Carlin is relieved. This validates her decision to boo hoo for 4 yrs until her man gave up being an electrician + show him the art of the grift/social media so that he'd never want to go to a job ever again and BAM she watches over her man 24-7 so ain't no time for him to ever chat with another woman.

• Like 2

I thought about his brother too.

But the two unmarried sisters still live with their parents? The older one is in her 40’s. Do they not work? 
I do understand that these days lots of young adults continue to live at home, but you would think that by the time you reach 40 you should be able to live on your own. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 3

C&E barely had a birthday celebration for Zade. That leads me to believe the Stewarts have asked not to be filmed. Maybe because it puts the spotlight on the son/brother. Or maybe C&E don't want to film them because it brings negative comments. But I'm thinking Evan's family was in town and Zade had a big ole party as usual.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

C&E barely had a birthday celebration for Zade. That leads me to believe the Stewarts have asked not to be filmed. Maybe because it puts the spotlight on the son/brother. Or maybe C&E don't want to film them because it brings negative comments. But I'm thinking Evan's family was in town and Zade had a big ole party as usual.

You'd think they would've held a fake party to film rather than miss the opportunity to post on the net.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Given how desperate they are for content, it's interesting that they do almost nothing for their kids' birthdays. I mean they're home 24-7 - how hard would it be to throw a family party - have food, party hats, kids games, and the kids 8000 cousins over? Perish the thought maybe have the kids make some friends and invite them!? Even Kelton who clearly does not like the Bates does that for his kids yearly.

I mean Layla's 4th birthday was that sad sleepover with her best friends - i.e. Khole - and then her "party" was going to Chucky Cheese/some similar place  mid day/mid week with G&K, Addie/Ellie/Callie, Jeb/Jud!? WTH!? Zade got a decorated dining table bc that's what Whit does for her kids and that's about it . . . . The only time we've seen the kids have a party - even just a family party - has been when the Stewarts throw it in Nashville; I think they did last yr for Layla complete with pink cupcakes.

Maybe they just don't want to waste $ feeding family? Maybe they want to do exactly nothing and expect Michael to take care of food as Kelly expects at her parties or Zach to come over and grill all afternoon for everyone and both Zach/Michael have politely declined?

I mean the Stewarts have clearly drawn some kind of line re filming at their home in Nashville, but IDK that they'd refuse to attend their grandkids' bday party at C&E's home with a zillion Bates running around also, just bc there would be filming; after all the filming wouldn't be focused on them and they could just be in the background.

On a different note - as I don't watch their videos if I can help it - the jeep they bought is an ACTUAL Jeep, i.e. not like a Grand Cherokee or some other family car? Bc Evan had Warden over installing holders in their garage. They have taken the doors + the roof off the Jeep - and those things are hanging off of walls in the garage. So C&E are now gonna cruise in a Jeep as if they're 20 year olds driving on the beach, not a care in the world, with 2 kids in carseats in the back!? Uh doesn't seem super safe!? I know people say so what kids ride in convertibles. But a Jeep has a fairly high center of gravity + is open on the sides and the top. Driving fast in a high center of gravity car with 2 very small passengers in the back, do they not feel safer in a "cage" - i.e. a car with sides and a top!?

These two idiots were too emotionally immature to marry and have kids . . . . It's like the Jeep allows them to live the youth they never had - safety for a 2 and 4 yr old is an after thought.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 9

It appears a lot of the Bates clan was off on a mission vacation, that could be why they seem to be missing from Zade’s birthday as well as Katie’s move to Tennessee.

• Useful 3
12 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

It appears a lot of the Bates clan was off on a mission vacation, that could be why they seem to be missing from Zade’s birthday as well as Katie’s move to Tennessee.

Yes, they were gone 3/19-29. 

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, cereality said:

On a different note - as I don't watch their videos if I can help it - the jeep they bought is an ACTUAL Jeep, i.e. not like a Grand Cherokee or some other family car?

Did Evan say something about selling an Explorer to get the Jeep?  When did they get an Explorer?  They sold Carlin's car a while back and it wasn't an Explorer.   Not that it matters, but I am very confused by this.  So now they have the Tesla and a Jeep but before that they had the Tesla and an Explorer that sat in the garage?  

• Like 3

So, they’re in Nashville, the kids are with Evan’s parents. It’s a boutique trip. According to Carlin they have “sourced so many good pieces for summer”. 

A738A571-3277-4832-831B-D1150EC87696.jpeg

• Like 3
(edited)

If the outfits they're wearing are what they consider 'good pieces', it's no wonder they've got so much unsold merchandise.

Is Carlin wearing a bubble skirt?  Did she time travel to 1985 to get it?  Those things weren't cute even when they were in style.

Anyone who would purchase jeans with the entire front of both knees torn out might as well just carry a sign identifying themselves as a fashion victim.  It just looks dumb.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, Notabug said:

If the outfits they're wearing are what they consider 'good pieces', it's no wonder they've got so much unsold merchandise.

Is Carlin wearing a bubble skirt?  Did she time travel to 1985 to get it?  Those things weren't cute even when they were in style.

Anyone who would purchase jeans with the entire front of both knees torn out might as well just carry a sign identifying themselves as a fashion victim.  It just looks dumb.

Yes, I had a pink skirt  like that when I was 15! And holey jeans at 21, although I cut the holes in them myself, lol. Neither were great looks.

• Like 7

Let's see the new summer pieces will be dresses with short puffy sleeves, empire waists and full tiered short skirts.  Not much different from last years fall and winter picks but just a different color. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Let's see the new summer pieces will be dresses with short puffy sleeves, empire waists and full tiered short skirts.  Not much different from last years fall and winter picks but just a different color. 

All sourced special from China!

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Different colors, but still dull and washed-out.  It's their trademark.  Instead of oatmeal, beige and buff; they'll be featuring dirty gray, faded yellow and dingy green. I don't think they could've taken a less appealing photo to advertise their new stuff.  It all looks sad.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What, nobody has been waiting for this to show up on a rack near you?

image.png.8ef88605d28eb56955bec3410a72c22f.png

I thought it was a mosquito net at first glance.

• LOL 8

Carlin posted some photos of Zade and Layla at Evan’s parents’ house. Only the kids. His parents were not in the photos. I guess they finally respected their wishes.

I hate the ripped jeans trend. My 14 year old granddaughter has some that are so bad she might as well be wearing shorts. I tease her about them but she just laughs. Carlin and Whitney seem to pride themselves on following all the latest trends. Doesn’t matter how ugly or silly they are, if it’s “in” they are on board.

• Like 5

Ripped jeans are not as trendy as they used to be in my area. I don't mind the look when its small frays or holes here and there - the complete ripped knees - nope.

Not so sure C&W are up on the freshest trends/styles, as noted by Carlin's dress and their purchases.

• Like 4

I have noticed that they model the boutique dresses but don’t actually wear them.

They THINK they are trendy, but as @ GeeGolly pointed out they are probably a bit behind. 

• Like 6
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I hate that holey jeans are back instyle. I hated it the first time around.

Haha! My mom used to get so upset when I came home for the weekend in college wearing those 😆

• LOL 4
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Coming soon…..

C9F992AB-C0A5-49F9-AEC3-DEB58D1E031A.jpeg

I’ve always found it interesting that they never actually wear these clothes they sell. Why don’t they get stuff that they actually like? Instead of buying anything that  looks like it’s from little house on the prairie. They are always overstocked because they buy these awful clothes. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

I’ve always found it interesting that they never actually wear these clothes they sell. Why don’t they get stuff that they actually like? Instead of buying anything that  looks like it’s from little house on the prairie. They are always overstocked because they buy these awful clothes. 

Same here. If anything it would be good marketing.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Carlin posted some photos of Zade and Layla at Evan’s parents’ house. Only the kids. His parents were not in the photos. I guess they finally respected their wishes.

I hate the ripped jeans trend. My 14 year old granddaughter has some that are so bad she might as well be wearing shorts. I tease her about them but she just laughs. Carlin and Whitney seem to pride themselves on following all the latest trends. Doesn’t matter how ugly or silly they are, if it’s “in” they are on board.

His mom was in a couple with Zade. It might’ve been in her story. 

• Like 1
On 4/4/2024 at 5:11 PM, Notabug said:

Different colors, but still dull and washed-out.  It's their trademark.  Instead of oatmeal, beige and buff; they'll be featuring dirty gray, faded yellow and dingy green. I don't think they could've taken a less appealing photo to advertise their new stuff.  It all looks sad.

They are always so behind on buying and putting out their social media for the clothing. They did the photo shoot for easter dresses 2ish weeks before the holiday. Admittedly I don't celebrate that hospital but I did, I doubt I would order a dress online for it that close to the holiday. My mother worked in the visual merchandising business for clothing retailers. She would tell you that if you are buying summer merch now as a retailer, you're getting the left over stuff nobody else wanted. They should already know their summer inventory and have it in hand by March. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

The (apparent) fact that the boutique manages to support two above-averaged sized families in a fairly swanky lifestyle (2 degrees and no Tesla for me) continues to baffle. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
On 4/7/2024 at 11:35 AM, satrunrose said:

The (apparent) fact that the boutique manages to support two above-averaged sized families in a fairly swanky lifestyle (2 degrees and no Tesla for me) continues to baffle. 

I think the influencing provides that life more than the boutique. The boutique has some pretty big red flags that it is not as well backed as it should and could be. It's not the instant bankruptcy I anticipated but it isn't keeping them in Teslas, new houses, etc. I would also say they probably have very little liquidity in the business. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

I think the influencing provides that life more than the boutique. The boutique has some pretty big red flags that it is not as well backed as it should and could be. It's not the instant bankruptcy I anticipated but it isn't keeping them in Teslas, new houses, etc. I would also say they probably have very little liquidity in the business. 

Let’s call it what it is - exploiting their very young children for money. Carlin shared a video of Layla playing on a slide the other day, skirt flying way up and all. It’s disturbing. I refuse to call that “influencing.” 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 5

Do C&E's followers fall for all their comments? Obviously Carlin's comment of saying spending EXTRA time with her kids makes no sense. Its not like they took time off from work to bring the kids to the movies.

Its such a shame influencers are encouraged to use their kids for content.

image.png.425113872d9ec631ce83959d6432a368.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That style of dress looks absolutely ridiculous on a 50-something woman. 

And they both look ridiculous with the shoes they’ve chosen with it, imho. 

• Like 8
(edited)

So their bday getaway is the Outer Banks? They flew Knox to Norfolk Va and now driving 2 hrs to get to the Outer Banks. Not sure I understand that as a couples getaway destination - kids would've loved that sort of thing. It's like Carlin going to Disney on a girls trip . . . .

And on the above points, they are such crap parents and specifically Carlin is a crap mother. She spends soooo much time primping in her stupid looking dresses, ripped jeans, Dime beauty blah blah. Yet she puts her 4 yr old in a fluffy Easter dress and can't be bothered to throw a pair of shorts or tights/leggings underneath? You kind of have to do that with girls when they're of the age where they're still running and playing bc you don't want to tell them to sit down and be ladylike or be self conscious about playing but you also don't want them flashing the playground in their underwear either. 

Granted maybe they went to the church easter egg hunt thinking it'd ONLY be an easter egg hunt and then were surprised by the slides/bouncy houses and didn't want to tell Layla she couldn't play. Fine, it happens. But then don't effing take a video of her dress flying up and if you do happen to have video of it, don't freaking post it.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 8
  • Applause 4
On 4/9/2024 at 12:02 AM, AstridM said:

Let’s call it what it is - exploiting their very young children for money. Carlin shared a video of Layla playing on a slide the other day, skirt flying way up and all. It’s disturbing. I refuse to call that “influencing.” 

I agree. I don't consider that material to be influencing at all. I was referring more to the meal prep kits, vitamins, hair/beauty stuff, MixTiles, etc. 

I don't appreciate the child exploitation. That said, I have an influencer friend. She has two accounts, one of which is private for family and friends. She'll have the occasional picture of her daughter on that. However, her public and forward facing page about products is child free. If she is talking about children's clothing or items (rare), she photographs them but not with her daughter in them. She has turned down deals that require pics or video of any children. It has worked well for her though she does get creepy messages asking to see her child. 

• Like 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It doesn't look much better on a 20 something.  It 's very childish on adults, especially adults wearing sneakers.  I think once a girl's had her Quinceanera, she's probably too old for that dress.

Even if Carlin/Evan didn't realize that their kid might be playing in a bouncy house or going down a slide, there's no reason not to put a pair of shorts under any dress.  Layla is at that age where flashing her undies is going to happen all the time and, if you're as obsessed with modesty as some of these fundies seem to be, might as well be prepared.  Though I doubt Carlin or Evan is all that worried about modesty, they just don't think things through ever when it comes to their kids.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

I agree. I don't consider that material to be influencing at all. I was referring more to the meal prep kits, vitamins, hair/beauty stuff, MixTiles, etc. 

I don't appreciate the child exploitation. That said, I have an influencer friend. She has two accounts, one of which is private for family and friends. She'll have the occasional picture of her daughter on that. However, her public and forward facing page about products is child free. If she is talking about children's clothing or items (rare), she photographs them but not with her daughter in them. She has turned down deals that require pics or video of any children. It has worked well for her though she does get creepy messages asking to see her child. 

That’s the smart way to go. Carlin doesn’t need to exploit her kids by including them in all of her ads. 

1 hour ago, Notabug said:

It doesn't look much better on a 20 something.  It 's very childish on adults, especially adults wearing sneakers.  I think once a girl's had her Quinceanera, she's probably too old for that dress.

Even if Carlin/Evan didn't realize that their kid might be playing in a bouncy house or going down a slide, there's no reason not to put a pair of shorts under any dress.  Layla is at that age where flashing her undies is going to happen all the time and, if you're as obsessed with modesty as some of these fundies seem to be, might as well be prepared.  Though I doubt Carlin or Evan is all that worried about modesty, they just don't think things through ever when it comes to their kids.

I always wore shorts under my skirts and dresses to school as a young kid, so I could freely play on the jungle gyms and monkey bars, lol. Layla should do the same. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

She needs to get her roots done, too. Her part looks an inch wide and her hair is fried. Doesn't Kelly have TWO daughters cosmetologists? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

She needs to get her roots done, too. Her part looks an inch wide and her hair is fried. Doesn't Kelly have TWO daughters cosmetologists? 

What can they really do about her part, other than use spray or powder temp color to fill it in?

13 minutes ago, AstridM said:

What can they really do about her part, other than use spray or powder temp color to fill it in?

The part looks so wide because her roots are showing, so yes, spray or root powder. 

• Like 1

I kind of give Kelly a pass on her hair. Sometimes the colour just doesn’t hold up. I get that she is still in her 50’s and may not want to go grey yet but surely Josie could gradually take her lighter or do more highlights so the new growth blends in better?

I got my hair colored for years. Went with my natural dark blonde/light brown. Looked good for about two weeks then it started to fade to brassy blonde. I finally gave up last year. It’s mostly white now. I figure if I am eligible for Medicare later this year I can let it go. 😉

• Like 3