Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

On 10/23/2018 at 9:19 PM, Brattinella said:

I had to mute the Pfizer lady; I already know all that crap and I don't need to be manipulated and guilted into vaccinations.

I don't even let it get that far - the channel gets changed, even if it's to a home-shopping network or Say Yes to the Dress.  If I want to be marketed to, I'm going to go to far more legitimate places than Phil's.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, b2H said:

I don't even let it get that far - the channel gets changed, even if it's to a home-shopping network or Say Yes to the Dress.  If I want to be marketed to, I'm going to go to far more legitimate places than Phil's.

Besides don't we get enough pharmaceutical ads during the Phil show from, ya know, actual pharmaceutical companies?  

• Love 4

Why is every woman on the show under 30 decribed as "beautiful".  Way to go Schill for looking at substance in a person.

Perhaps this fixation with beauty is behind Robin's plastic surgery issues?

And...I wouldn't call today's twin sister beautiful anyway.  Pretty flabby upper arms for a yoga guru, IMHO.

• Love 5

Scam Week continues into next week with the following episodes:

10/29: Was Our Biological Father Involved in an Adoption Scam?

Frankie and his former wife were accused of scamming would-be adoptive parents out of thousands of dollars, but he now says eight of his children were placed for adoption without his knowledge; he meets one of his adult offspring for the first time.

10/30: A Biological Father Accused of an Adoption Scam: The Aftermath

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Sandy and Ava, who confronted their biological father, Frankie, about what they believe was his involvement in an adoption scam; another of his birth children and an adoptive mother speak out.

10/31: A Woman Claims to Be Pregnant for 3 Years 7 months

Shayna and Zona say their pregnancies have lasted far more than nine months, but no one believes them, and they are looking desperately for answers.

11/1: The Nanny Accused of a Firefighter Scam Faces Her Victims

Police say Ashley duped people into believing she was the wife of a firefighter collecting donations for the devastating California wildfires, creating a fantasy husband, fake children and different identities.

Friday's episode is this:

11/2: Violent Love; A Boyfriend's Confession of Abuse

Mindy says she is petrified that her daughter Jourdon's boyfriend, Richard, is going to kill Jourdon due to his physical abuse; Mindy claims Richard admitted to stabbing and even attempting to drown Jourdon.

I happened to catch a few minutes of today’s show during which they showed the commercial featuring Robin in the animal print blouse telling people to get tickets to the show. She looked really pretty in that commercial. That made me realize that the reason I was so horrified by her appearance a few days ago is that she’s had that weird eyebrow tattoo business way overdone. Good gracious me, Robin. What in the hell were you thinking when you decided that that would look good on you?! 

• Love 1

I just saw a preview for an upcoming show where a woman   says “But I have more than one uterus.”  WTF!!??????

meanwhile the catfish woman is not a “victim”. She’s a pathetic fool. And  she is a COUNSELLOR!!!!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shksabelle said:

I just saw a preview for an upcoming show where a woman   says “But I have more than one uterus.”  WTF!!??????

I'm highly skeptical that she has two uteri but this appears to be a legitimate condition called uterus didelphys bicollis or Reinfelders.    Also here

Something to note, they do not have incredibly prolonged pregnancies and having two uteri wouldn't keep a pregnancy from showing on an ultrasound so...  she's nuts.

1 hour ago, shksabelle said:

meanwhile the catfish woman is not a “victim”. She’s a pathetic fool. And  she is a COUNSELLOR!!!!!!

I think the inability to apply critical thinking will prevent her from passing the exam. 

Edited by kitcatkitcat
edit quote
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, kitcatkitcat said:

think the inability to apply critical thinking will prevent her from passing the exam. 

Schill glossed over the nephew when he said the woman was affecting a French Canadian accent.  The woman had really animated reactions.  Something was off.  I think the nephew was concerned about the woman having issues, and rightfully so.

IMHO, a normally functioning, educated person acting like that was deserving of a brain map or other medical looksee.  Ministroke?  Chemical imbalance?  Schill just shuffled them off.  I think the concerned nephew was hoping for a deeper dig.  But, of course, she wasn't "young and beautiful" so get her off the stage.

A little trip to Dallas Brain Factory was the least he could have offered.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Schill glossed over the nephew when he said the woman was affecting a French Canadian accent.  The woman had really animated reactions.  Something was off.  I think the nephew was concerned about the woman having issues, and rightfully so.

Yes, and it was noticeable.  I was very surprised when Phil didn't pick up on it, even when prompted.

• Love 5

I thought that woman was in a better place mentally than many catfishing victims you see on the show: she believed the research, was furious that she'd been scammed, and kept making that pantomime of blowing the scammer away with a shotgun. Which, if only symbolic, is healthy, surely. I wish her well in recovering her self-esteem-- Dr. Phil should have given her a nice vacation at Origins or whichever of his go-to places is most beautiful and pleasurable.

But what I found most enlightening was Phil's revelation, if it's true, that people behind those catfish factories in Nigeria say they deliberately leave in the laughable mistakes in English for which they are notorious-- to screen their prospects for the right victims. If someone calls them on the bad English, they know that person is too alert to be a good target and don’t proceed with the scam. Oh dear! Every time I get one of those messages by e-mail or phone, I've always so enjoyed the ineptitude of the scammer style, and it spoils my pleasure a bit if it's a tool of the trade. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Corvino said:

But what I found most enlightening was Phil's revelation, if it's true, that people behind those catfish factories in Nigeria say they deliberately leave in the laughable mistakes in English for which they are notorious-- to screen their prospects for the right victims. If someone calls them on the bad English, they know that person is too alert to be a good target and don’t proceed with the scam. Oh dear! Every time I get one of those messages by e-mail or phone, I've always so enjoyed the ineptitude of the scammer style, and it spoils my pleasure a bit if it's a tool of the trade. 

For once, I actually learned something from The Schill Shit Show.  That screening method was very interesting.  It was throwback to when the show was actually helpful.

• Love 6

Ooh adoption scams, I am in. The adoption-scammer eps are my second favorite after the catfish ones, and they share similar characteristics of a pathetic person (not a bad person, but someone pitiable) will believe anything, against all logic and reason, to get what they want from life. I am always amazed by the adoption scams in particular because these people will just answer a Craiglist ad like "yeah, I want a baby! This gal is selling her baby! Let's do it!" instead of going through a SAFE, LEGAL alternative like an agency.

• Love 3

He’s having a person on his show that claims she’s been pregnant for over 3 years? Really? He’s sunk this low to try to attract viewers?  After this and Robin’s tattooed eyebrows, I am done with this shyster. 

• Love 4

I was bothered by Phil's statement to the "counselor" who was being catfished that he would do everything possible to keep her from going to jail for money laundering.  That's why people don't realize that there actually are consequences for their actions-because they see people on t.v. being "saved" from their own actions.  Her nephew and his wife had already pointed out to her that she was being scammed, but she refused to believe it.  She is not some helpless victim-she kept saying that she was highly intelligent, and Phil gave her the "out" that she just wanted to find love.  It's not that I want people who are being scammed to suffer or anything, but I would like to see more people think about why something seems like a bonanza and maybe have some second thoughts.  I love the catfish episodes on Dr. Phil, but he seemed to go easier on her than other catfish victims.

As for her realizing that she was being catfished, I think she actually decided to just go along with whatever Dr. Phil said even though she doesn't believe it.  

• Love 5

That might be true for some scammers but not every scammer has a perfect command of English. Many people that aren’t scammers use text speak or just don’t pay attention to what they type. Phil likes to feel he is so clever to know something other people don’t . 

My 20 year old watches the occasional episode with me and is convinced a lot of stories on here are completely made up.

• Love 4
On 10/27/2018 at 2:00 AM, Corvino said:

Perhaps one time you could try speaking just like one of them.  That would be very entertaining.  

You:  "I glad you call.  Where you live from?"

Him:  "I stuck in Liverpool.  Where from you are my precious flower?"

You:  "Nigeria"

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 14
On 10/27/2018 at 7:34 AM, ClareWalks said:

Ooh adoption scams, I am in. The adoption-scammer eps are my second favorite after the catfish ones, and they share similar characteristics of a pathetic person (not a bad person, but someone pitiable) will believe anything, against all logic and reason, to get what they want from life. I am always amazed by the adoption scams in particular because these people will just answer a Craiglist ad like "yeah, I want a baby! This gal is selling her baby! Let's do it!" instead of going through a SAFE, LEGAL alternative like an agency.

This man was on a show featuring adopted  people finding their biological parents very recently.  It was dateline or 20/20..  No one questioned him on how many daughters he didn't know his wife had because the focus was on him meeting a daughter.  It left me hanging with a WTF?  I am so glad he will be nailed on it Monday!  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Wings said:

This man was on a show featuring adopted  people finding their biological parents very recently.  It was dateline or 20/20..  No one questioned him on how many daughters he didn't know his wife had because the focus was on him meeting a daughter.  It left me hanging with a WTF?  I am so glad he will be nailed on it Monday!  

Is that the one who had 8 daughters and they SOLD them all?

6 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Is that the one who had 8 daughters and they SOLD them all?

The show I watched did not address this man's children other than him claiming he never knew his wife was pregnant 8 times (don't remember exact number).   We may find out on Monday.  :)

• Love 1
On 10/24/2018 at 5:50 PM, Gam2 said:

I think that “racist” kid on Shill’s show today was such a scammer. She’s gotten all of the attention she wanted being on Shill’s show. I don’t think she believes one crazy word she says. She’ll be the next “Cashmeouside” idiot and make a million dollars. So what was actually accomplished today with this show? She wouldn’t agree to go to any camp or counseling and Phil knew she wouldn’t agree to do anything like that. Why was this even on TV today?

Turns out that you're right on the money; Treasure's sister (who knew they were going on the show but not what for) was live on Instagram and exposed her (and her mother) for the fakes they are.

Notes for those who don't want to watch the video or if it's gone after I post this:

• They just used the "black girl thinks she's white" topic as a way to get an all-expenses paid trip to L.A.
  • Treasure has been banned from every CVS in the U.S for shoplifting.
  • She is a middle school dropout.
  • All her friends are black.
  • She started acting up after her mother threw her out on the streets.
  • Her mother does not have custody of her and she is not in the care of CPS,

Best of all, when someone said that she should tell Dr. Phil what she knows, her response was "Fuck Dr. Phil!"

• Love 8
On 10/27/2018 at 6:18 PM, Madding crowd said:

That might be true for some scammers but not every scammer has a perfect command of English. Many people that aren’t scammers use text speak or just don’t pay attention to what they type. Phil likes to feel he is so clever to know something other people don’t . 

My 20 year old watches the occasional episode with me and is convinced a lot of stories on here are completely made up.

In order for them to be using a grammar checker, they have to be running another program and typing everything into it first and then copying it over into their message app. Most messaging apps don't have a grammar checker.  It requires too much overhead and it would be too expensive to include. 

Spell check is easy. That's just a dictionary.  Grammar check is much, much harder. 

On 10/27/2018 at 5:36 PM, seacliffsal said:

I was bothered by Phil's statement to the "counselor" who was being catfished that he would do everything possible to keep her from going to jail for money laundering.  That's why people don't realize that there actually are consequences for their actions-because they see people on t.v. being "saved" from their own actions.

Dr. Phil really can't do much for her if they want to put her in jail.  It sounds good on tv but the best he can do is help her find a good lawyer.  I see a heavy fine, community service and lots of probation but no actual jail/prison time in her future. 

On 10/28/2018 at 12:49 PM, Wings said:

The show I watched did not address this man's children other than him claiming he never knew his wife was pregnant 8 times (don't remember exact number).   We may find out on Monday.  :)

It appears to be 10? And watching him on the show, I'd say a lot of things have happened in his life that he wasn't aware of how the occurred.  More tomorrow though. 

1 hour ago, kitcatkitcat said:

In order for them to be using a grammar checker, they have to be running another program and typing everything into it first and then copying it over into their message app. Most messaging apps don't have a grammar checker.  It requires too much overhead and it would be too expensive to include. 

Spell check is easy. That's just a dictionary.  Grammar check is much, much harder. 

My point was that Phil doesn’t know every scammer out there and I don’t believe all of them know proper grammar but purposely don’t use it. Most people in general don’t use proper grammar in texting or messaging  although people who don’t speak English well have more errors. I’m a professional writer so I’m aware of grammar programs. I wasn’t suggesting any of the scammers have or use programs to write. 

• Love 1

Do you think the 6 babies will know which vagina to shoot out of when the big day finally arrives?  Does she have a network of fallopian tubes and ovaries in addition to her uterine multiplex?  It must look like the Matrix in there!  Does her GYN charge a premium?  So many questions left unanswered Dr. Phil!!!

• Love 12

Why was this part of Scam Week when they weren't using their phony pregnancies to get money and gifts from people?

Also, not only was the first woman nuttier than a outhouse rat but she's rude and condescending as well. If I were her daughter, I would keep myself (and my children) at a far, far distance from her.

• Love 8

The only person I felt sorry for today was that female OBGYN who had to examine the second crazy woman who was so disrespectful and dismissive to the doctor. “Yeah, I had a sonogram that lasted 2 seconds” or whatever it was she said. Why would Shill subject that doctor to that? He knew these women were nuts. Between his topics lately and Robin’s terrifying looks, I’m afraid to watch this show anymore.

• Love 4

First Treasure the Klan loving, self-loathing Black girl and now these wackadoos who have been pregnant for years, what's with this show and these fake guests?  And if they're not making this shit up, they're incredibly broken people who didn't need to be on Dr. Phil

• Love 3

The whole "my home doppler is gospel" thing is baffling to me. Doctors discourage women from buying those stupid things because it causes some folks to obsess and it is not a replacement for proper prenatal care. Some untrained idiot who doesn't understand the BASICS of pregnancy has no idea if they're hearing a baby's heartbeat or the natural murmurs of their own digestive tract. I wish Phil or the doc had mentioned that at some point. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

I did and after reading the info on this link, I think the people who came up with this foundation might be as crazy as the women we saw today.

OMG, this website is insane. So the symptoms of a cryptic pregnancy is having no symptoms and having negative pregnancy tests. It also says it may last nine years and you will need to give birth unassisted at home. And you don’t need a father’s DNA. I have to check out the FB group now. 

• Love 4

I checked out that Gilmour Foundation website and am now convinced that I'm having a cryptic pregnancy. I mean, I had a hysterectomy three years ago, but apparently that doesn't matter. And I have been told I have restless leg syndrome by a "doctor", but after reading the website I now realize I've just been suffering from "leg labor". What a relief! I better plan on buying some baby stuff, though I suppose I have seven years of pregnancy left, which should be plenty of time.

The first woman puffing away on a cigarette talking gleefully about how the six babies kick more when she smokes because they "don't like it" was my favorite part of this whole shitshow.

• Love 12

These ladies brought a whole new level of whackadoo to the show.  Did any of them even claim to have had sexual intercourse with a viable sperm donor?  And there was no getting through to them, either.  I felt sorry for them, and for their families who have to put up with this nonsense.  I'm curious just how long they're going to wait for these babies to be born.  At what point - five, ten, twenty? - years, do they just say "oh well, I guess I'm not pregnant after all"?  The one lady said that she was diagnosed with Stage 4 bladder cancer.  I would like to know more about that.  Did she make that up, too?  Is she going to be treated?  And the other one is borderline diabetic.

These ladies need to be given those fake babies that they give high school students - the ones that cry and cry.  Give that one woman six of them.  They'd change their tune . . .

Edited by suzeecat
thought of something else
  • Love 17