Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

Ugh, I'm almost glad I'll be working this week instead.  Shill has moved into Jerry Springer territory, hasn't he?  The only difference is his audience has a dress code and they're verboten from from speaking.  I have no doubt Shill's producers are trying to get some of BC's accusers on the show.  Didn't he try to get LiLoh when she was going through shit, and I think he got some people involved with Britney.  

I thought Bad Grandma's friend Sharon was her sister.  Which reminds me, I might have Shill on in the background while cleaning or something but this trend of HAVING THEM BACK TOMORROW has to stop.  

Those poor granddaughters are either very strong or understandably sedated.  I would be a puddle of tears having my grandma, albeit crazy sauce, yell at me and accuse me over something like this.  I honestly don't know what the young women's motivation was to be on the show.  Clearly Bad Grandma is irredeemable.  The older one seems to have a good marriage and has purchased a home at a young age.  Good for her.  I didn't mind Shill verifying with the eldest what the facts were but I minded very much his continually calling them girls (I get it that they were girls at the time) and calling attention to the fact that the younger one wasn't actually raped.  "not to diminish what you went through"  Right, Shill.

Not sure how I feel about mom essentially avoiding blame, but it's pretty clear her life was a huge mess in order to send them to Grandma's so often.  Really sad story, and notice we didn't get all the home shots because I doubt they live in a McMansion that Shill thinks represents most Americans. 

ETA:  I have to admit, I liked his advice that sometimes you have to give yourself what others won't. 

Edited by QuelleC

I love this show!  I really do.  He is enough above the Springer category to pull me in.  It is getting better as he moves away from everyday problems.  I do love the crazies!  Go Phil!  

Sharon was Granny's friend, not sister. 

• Love 1

Phil handled Carmen, beautifully.   He did not conceal his outrage and I love it when he goes off!  

I would like to see a follow up on this one.  If Carmen ever gets to the point where he no longer feels the need to defend his position of brainwashing and can see the horror in giving away his 13 year old daughter, then maybe they can have some kind of a relationship but I just don't see him getting there.   And I don't think he can repair anything with just being sorry either.   Her mother is just as culpable and she was not even mentioned.  I found that odd.  

• Love 1

I haven't watched Phil in ages but caught today's episode and must concur with wings707. The utter cluelessness of the husband -- as if his situation was not of his own making -- was stunning. Even more stunning was that this dope had two women fighting over him. He played the victim card with such wide-eyed righteousness it was a thing to marvel at. Of course, after telling the dunce off in what I agree was Phil at his best, he shuttled him off to one of his buddies' treatment centers. Some things never change.

• Love 3

I am fine to his shuttling them off to Padre Island.  I loved how he told the guy it would be confined and not be able to contact either woman and may never come back to where he lives now.  A car will be waiting, but there is time to change his mind, of course, and I think he may if they allow him alone time with his mistress.  She does not want that.  Did you see how satisfied she was when Phil told the wife to get a divorce before sundown?  She thought she had him in the bag. 

The highlight was Phil's wit, "you have lost your mind." 

• Love 2

Did anyone ever catch WHY that woman was drinking hand sanitizer? They never gave a reason.  I would have thought it was to hide her alcohol consumption, but she wasn't hiding her consumption of the hand sanitizer, so that didn't even make sense to me. Why not just guzzle vodka rather than drink something as nasty as hand sanitizer? I'd bet a gallon of cheap vodka is cheaper.

• Love 1

Did anyone ever catch WHY that woman was drinking hand sanitizer? They never gave a reason.  I would have thought it was to hide her alcohol consumption, but she wasn't hiding her consumption of the hand sanitizer, so that didn't even make sense to me. Why not just guzzle vodka rather than drink something as nasty as hand sanitizer? I'd bet a gallon of cheap vodka is cheaper.

It contains alcohol and she could not get a hold of anything else.  I am sure she would have preferred a handle of vodka!  

It contains alcohol and she could not get a hold of anything else.  I am sure she would have preferred a handle of vodka!

But we saw a scene of her mother going into a liquor store and buying her booze. Did they ever explain why she couldn't just get alcohol?

But we saw a scene of her mother going into a liquor store and buying her booze. Did they ever explain why she couldn't just get alcohol?

I think her mother goes in and out of buying it for her but had hand sanitizer readily available.  I don't think it was a regular thing; it was something she did in desperation and they sensationalized that to show how desperate an addict she is. 

• Love 1

Phub always leaves out important parts of stories and it's gotten worse the longer he's been on. He'd rather have his guests stories as sensational as possible so he can look like the big savior to everyone including himself in his own mind. As was mentioned awhile back in this thread Phub and Mrs. Phub seem to think viewers and guests are the little people compared to them. One day something is going to happen to bring one or both of them back to planet earth.

• Love 1

Look who's getting into the diet book and etc. business again. It worked out so well for last time. Wonder if he's going to take some of his own advice? Here's a link to an article about his previous foray into weight loss shilling.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-09-26-dr-phil-diet_x.htm

Monday (NEW)

A Daughter on the Brink: Did Mom Push Her over the Edge?
Dana says her 23-year-old daughter, Melanie, is ripping apart their once-peaceful family with her out-of-control behavior that Dana says began five years ago, after Melanie took a hit of ecstasy. Dana says Melanie is a drug abuser who is physically violent and has experienced psychotic hallucinations -- including one that involved Michael Jackson telling her to dig up the front yard. What’s at the root of Melanie’s behavior? Melanie admits to experimenting with drugs but says she’s not addicted and hasn’t had a drug-induced psychosis in at least two years -- and she blames her mother for pushing her buttons and causing her to lose her cool. Dr. Phil brings this mother and daughter together in search of a resolution. Is Melanie as out of control as Dana says she is, or is Dana stirring unnecessary drama? And, how can this mother and daughter repair their relationship?

Tuesday (NEW)
"My Fight with Food is Ruining My Life"

Teachers Candi and Lyndsey say their friendship began when they met at a table of decadent treats at their school -- and they’ve been packing on the pounds together ever since. Then, Kate says she doesn’t deserve the fairytale wedding she has been dreaming of -- or the love of her husband -- until she loses weight. And, former fitness model Nicole says she has gone from one extreme to another in the weight spectrum and hates what she looks like now. How can these guests finally get off the weight loss rollercoaster and find a return to health? Dr. Phil introduces his new book, The 20/20 Diet: 20 Key Foods to Help You Succeed Where Other Diets Fail, and explains seven reasons other diets may fail people over and over again, different types of hunger to be aware of, and foods that actually may make you hungry! Are you motivated to turn your weight loss vision into a reality and finally win the war with your weight? Tune in, and go to DrPhil.com to learn how you can enter to win the prizes shown in this episode!

Wednesday (NEW)
Gold Digger or Girl in Danger?

Andre says his sister, Valerie, isn’t just a gold digger -- she’s a “platinum digger” who preys on men with money and power, especially professional athletes. He says he fears Valerie’s sexy, scheming ways are going to get her seriously hurt -- or even killed -- and he’s tired of rescuing her when her relationships go south. Valerie admits she has made some bad dating decisions but insists she’s fine and Andre needs to butt out. She says she has a natural talent for “manipulating the situation” -- which has brought her money, jewelry, lavish trips and luxury cars -- but denies being a gold digger. How does she describe her behavior? And, why does she say Andre is in no position to judge her? Dr. Phil intervenes in this brother-sister feud. Can Valerie and Andre fix their fractured bond? And, is Valerie ready to put love before money? This program contains strong language and adult subject matter. Viewer discretion advised.

Thursday (NEW)

"I Thought My Daughter Was Abducted:" Why Does This Pretty 16-Year-Old Keep Going Missing?
Anna says she has no idea what to do with her 16-year-old daughter, Layton, who has run away from home more than 20 times in the last eight months. In August, Layton made headlines in an incident that had Anna fearing the worst: that her daughter had been abducted. Anna says things have gotten so bad that she has resorted to locking her daughter in the house -- and even that’s not working. Layton says when she gets the urge to take off, nothing can stand in her way -- and she admits she will do it again. What is she running from? Dr. Phil has some tough questions for the teen, who says she knows how to get by on the streets. Does she realize the danger she’s putting herself in? How can Anna help her daughter get back on track and out of harm’s way?
image Start talking!

Friday (NEW)
"Dr. Phil, Save My Family"

Allen and Cheryl say their 9-year-old son, Steve, is terrorizing their family. They say he has threatened to harm his siblings multiple times, tells his teachers that he wants to blow up his family’s home and shows no empathy for others or remorse for his bad behavior. They say Steve has been diagnosed with 18 mental illnesses and has been placed in three mental hospitals in the last year alone, but nothing seems to help for long. The parents turn to Dr. Phil for answers. What’s at the root of Steve’s bad behavior? Cheryl’s mother and two sisters say they believe the boy is overmedicated and under-parented -- and they say Cheryl’s blog about her parenting challenges is also a cause for concern. How does Cheryl respond? Then, Dr. Phil sits down with Steve for a one-on-one conversation. Does he see room for change? And, world-renowned child clinical psychologist Dr. Alan Kazdin shares a suggested plan for changing behavior in the child -- and the parents. How can Allen and Cheryl regain a peaceful, healthy family?

Edited by Jaded

I don't think they discussed why she had the alcohol problem. Or maybe I 've watched too much Intervention. They always say why on that show.

She was actually on Intervention - I recognized her and her family. Her daughter was about three then, and she was still married but in name only - they were both miserable. I can't remember much of her back story though. I do recall that as Intervention was filming, they thought she had leukemia but her ailments were alcohol-related. She was drinking something like a gallon of vodka a day back then.

I'm watching "I'm Torn Between My Wife and My Girlfriend." This dude isn't even cute! I was watching the wife's "journey" with my mouth hanging open. GIRL. He gave you TWO STDs.

I think there's a difference between separated with the intent to divorce (legal separation) and married - divorce can take years. And it seems like he told his girlfriend that he was separated and planning to divorce when he met her, and then he reconciled with his wife? Whatever - they should both dump his ass.

• Love 3

I don't know what either of those women on the 'I'm Torn Between My Wife and My Girlfriend' saw in that guy. As Phub went through all the stuff she didn't leave him over my mouth stayed hung open. That wife needs some serious long term therapy to learn how to love herself and realize she shouldn't settle for guys like that.

• Love 1

Oh Doc Phil, you were at your finest today.  Reprimanding that "disobedient, rude" woman and pointing out how diligent, special and hard working your staff is, was way over the top.  The hug with your staff member was a good touch.  Sure, you could have easily told that mother how pissed you were about causing your staff grief in the "green room", but no, you were chopping at the bit knowing this was your Oscar-receiving chance to let the audience and TV land know that this is YOUR show and ya all better know it.  Let's clap and obey DrP$hill.  So in future if you want to appear? (why would anyone want to air their laundry), you now know the rules.  Got it!

Obviously the Very Special Producer had lied to her- he admitted as much. He said that yes, the Bad Guy she didn't want to see had shown up but they didn't tell her because they didn't want to deal with the drama. That's lying. She had every right to get upset about it.

• Love 4

"I Thought My Daughter Was Abducted:" Why Does This Pretty 16-Year-Old Keep Going Missing?

Why are teenage girls' looks always made a factor on this show? I remember another episode where 'beautiful' was not only in the title, but Phil felt the need to emphasize it: "...and she IS beautiful" (truthfully, she was average at best, but I digress.) Are the ordinary and homely not deserving of Phil's corn-pone platitudes?

• Love 2

I watched, and that girl really seemed to enjoy all the attention.  She also seemed totally clueless on so many levels.  She really epitomized the 'young and dumb' thing.  Her stories kept shifting.  "I can take care of myself"  "I wasn't really living in my car, I was just sitting in it while staying with people who lived a couple blocks away.  The cops just happened to find me sitting in my car in a bad area of town."  "I know what I'm doing out on the street, I'm in control."  "I couldn't call my mom because I didn't know where I was and the people around me wouldn't let me call her."  She also made a lot of mention about not being able to stay home when the compulsion hit her, but other times said she left because her mom was too controlling.

Dr. Phil also made a big deal out of the girl saying that when she was on her meds she didn't feel like running away, but she also felt like she was 'out of it' or something.  Shill sounded at first like he was blaming her mom for overmedicating her "Drugs shouldn't be used as a straightjacket to keep a child in line".  Then he shifted the blame to whoever prescribed the meds, saying that if the meds helped the girl stay home, that was good, but if she felt she was too detached, then that was bad.  Maybe the girl has spent so much time living with high drama that having a normal life made her feel that she was missing something?

I felt that the girl was a thrill seeker, and living at home wasn't exciting enough for her.  I was expecting Shill to send her to his friend's ranch in Colorado?  Montana?  I don't remember, but he used to send a lot of his teenaged guests there. 

Suddenly Shill mentions that the girl had suffered trauma and a lot of loss.  I'll admit that I don't watch so much as I keep the show on in the background when I have it on.  Did I miss something?

In the end, the girl is sent to Texas to that place that would investigate every possible reason for her problems, at great cost to her mother.  I really have to wonder how much of a kickback Shill gets for these very public referrals.

Maybe the girl has spent so much time living with high drama that having a normal life made her feel that she was missing something?

In the end, the girl is sent to Texas to that place that would investigate every possible reason for her problems, at great cost to her mother.  I really have to wonder how much of a kickback Shill gets for these very public referrals.

What a great point about living in high drama for so long that normal seems dull.  It makes perfect sense too.

Doesn't Dr. Phil pay for all that stuff?  I didn't think there would be any cost to the people involved.

Maybe Shill does pay for his public referrals, at least for a set amount of time.  But I don't have any faith in him paying for long term therapy (lots of people online have stories about that sort of thing).  I just don't believe that he's doing anything for free anymore, or actually paying out of pocket for any length of time.  That's why I call him Dr. Shill.

• Love 1

I have no problem with Phil paying for only an initial amount of help.  Why would it be up to him to pay for these people for years on end?  Not his job or responsibility.  I am sure they are told the extent of help they get gratis and what would be expected should they want to continue.  

I like Dr Phil and enjoy the show most of the time.  He helps many viewers, too.  

Monday (NEW)
"My Bulimic Daughter Thinks Calories are Contagious"

Wanda says her 15-year-old daughter, Bella, is battling an eating disorder, and she fears for the teen’s life. She says Bella is obsessed with being skinny and will starve herself and then binge and purge. She also says her daughter associates germs with calories -- causing her to wash her hands obsessively, change her clothes several times a day and hold her breath so she doesn’t “catch calories.” Bella admits she is so obsessed with food, she can’t concentrate in school, hoards food in her bedroom and binges and purges 30 to 40 times a day. Why does she say she blames her mother for her disorder? And, will she grab on to the lifeline Dr. Phil offers? This program contains adult subject matter. Viewer discretion advised.

Tuesday (New)
A Woman’s Memories or Murder: Was There a Crime or Another Traumatic Event?

Lauren says that in March 2004 she was kidnapped from her home at gunpoint, sold into sex slavery and witnessed a woman’s murder -- all in just eight days. She says she somehow managed to escape but claims her memory of the ordeal was lost until five years ago, when she started having flashbacks. Lauren says she has gone to the police, but they don’t believe her -- and she admits even she questions herself at times. Dr. Phil sits down with Lauren and her mother, Hannah, in search of answers. Why does Hannah say her daughter could not have been missing during that time? Then, professional locator Troy Dunn unites Lauren with Elizabeth, the mother of the woman Lauren believes was murdered, who remains missing. What does Elizabeth say? Can Lauren finally find some clarity and begin to move forward? This show contains adult subject matter and strong language. Viewer discretion advised.

Wednesday
The Cougar Controversy: Older Women Dating Younger Men (New)

Dr. Phil explores the controversial trend of older women dating much younger men. Is age really just a number? First, Pie, a 58-year-old self-admitted cougar, has been dating 24-year-old Oleg for four months -- and her best friend, Terese, strongly disapproves. Could Pie be headed for heartbreak? Then, 52-year-old divorcée Bella says her relationship with 32-year-old Eddie is the best she has ever had. Eddie says he loves Bella and doesn’t mind that she’s the same age as his mother. Does this couple see a long-term future together? And, 76-year-old Aalsa -- former Miss Cougar America -- says after 40, men go downhill! After dating younger men for four decades, what advice does she have for fellow cougars? Tune in and decide for yourself: Can a relationship really survive a significant age gap? This show contains strong language and adult subject matter. Viewer discretion advised.

Thursday
All-New Dr Phil

Check back soon for more on this exciting, all-new Dr. Phil!

Friday
All-New Dr Phil

Check back soon for more on this exciting, all-new Dr. Phil!

I wanted to reach out and hug the mother and tell her to wait, this is what Dr Phil does to get the problem person to understand he is on their side and wants to help.  Once that is done he can introduce the flaws in their logic and support the other person, in this case, the mother, as well.  That child is a big fat liar.  She will see the light.    

• Love 2

What's with Phil & San Padre Island?  He's got to be getting referral $$.  I had always heard it was a big Spring Break destination for kids in the South & that it's very pretty, great beaches etc.  But with Phil shipping off all these sad sacks there, I wonder if the locals are pissed off that he's giving the place a bad rep.  I'd be happier dealing with drunk college kids peeing in my yard over seeing Dr. Phil's various "victims" taking up residence.  I mean, the college kids go away after 5-7 days.  Phil's bus o' boozers are there for 28 or more.

• Love 1

What's with Phil & San Padre Island?  He's got to be getting referral $$.  I had always heard it was a big Spring Break destination for kids in the South & that it's very pretty, great beaches etc.  But with Phil shipping off all these sad sacks there, I wonder if the locals are pissed off that he's giving the place a bad rep.  I'd be happier dealing with drunk college kids peeing in my yard over seeing Dr. Phil's various "victims" taking up residence.  I mean, the college kids go away after 5-7 days.  Phil's bus o' boozers are there for 28 or more.

It is a rehap facility for addicts that happens to be located there.  It is not like crazy people wander the island and wreak havoc.  Since he offers to pay for their stint there they probably give him a discount or do it free for the advertising.   He ships the crazies to a dual diagnosis place in Dallas to be evaluated.  

• Love 1

I am not sure what the hell the show Tuesday was all about.  It ended and I was left totally unsure what if anything had happened to that woman.  It felt really wrong to have someone that mentally disturbed.   I was a little surprised that her therapist let her come on, and I felt so sorry for the woman whose daughter was missing being brought on.

• Love 2

I was left totally unsure what if anything had happened to that woman.

I'll answer that question: nothing. Nothing happened. And holy crap on a cracker--did he ever call her out on how unbelievable that entire story was? Or more to the point, that she was flat-out lying? I turned it off before the poor woman who lost her daughter came out because I knew I couldn't bear the cruelty of that act.

Mentally I'll or not, that woman should be ashamed of herself. Skinning babies alive and throwing them in the fire? Good lord. Really?

I'll answer that question: nothing. Nothing happened. And holy crap on a cracker--did he ever call her out on how unbelievable that entire story was? Or more to the point, that she was flat-out lying? I turned it off before the poor woman who lost her daughter came out because I knew I couldn't bear the cruelty of that act.

Mentally I'll or not, that woman should be ashamed of herself. Skinning babies alive and throwing them in the fire? Good lord. Really?

Dr. Phil normally gets on my nerves but the way he quietly unpacked the logical contradictions of her story one by one was a thing of beauty.  The way she was sitting there afterwards wasn't someone who was hopeful that she might get real help but embarrassment and maybe anger that her story was proven false in front of everyone.  

I think she went on the show to get attention and it backfired.

• Love 3

Sorry this is late...

December 15 - December 19, 2014

Monday (New)
Young, in Love and in over Their Heads

Natalie, 22, says her boyfriend of four years, Justin, 25, has an anger problem, and she fears for her life and for their 10-month-old son. Natalie says that since their son was born, Justin has turned into someone she doesn't even recognize. She says he throws things, rips doors off their hinges and once shoved her while she was holding their baby. Justin admits he has punched holes in walls and slammed doors into walls but denies pushing Natalie and says she is overly dramatic. Both admit their child has witnessed the turmoil. Does this young relationship have a future? Then, Samantha shared her experience with abuse in The Aspire Initiative, a free domestic violence education curriculum from When Georgia Smiled: The Robin McGraw Revelation Foundation. She returns and has some words of wisdom for Natalie. Plus, tune in as Robin announces the winners of the iAspire Campus Challenge, which awards a grant to students who effect change on the issue of sexual violence on college campuses.

Tuesday (New)
Is Dad a Bad Santa or Should His Son Be Put on the Naughty List?

Jon, 32, says he hates his father, Jim -- with whom he and his 9-year-old daughter live -- so much that he wishes Jim would die. He says Jim is money-hungry, selfish and untrustworthy and claims his dad has called the police on him multiple times -- including once for "stealing" a pork chop! Jim, who works over the holidays as a Santa Claus, says all he wants for Christmas is peace in his house. He says his son is an entitled, ungrateful "mooch" who could never survive on his own. Dr. Phil intervenes in this father-son feud. Why hasn't Jim told his son to leave? Hear from Jon's brother, Jimmy, and mother, Luann -- what do they say about the drama? Can Jon and Jim put an end to the fighting? Then, professional trainer and body builder Greg thinks he is on the show to talk about health and fitness, but Troy Dunn has a big surprise for him: his long-lost son! Tune in to see this emotional reunion decades in the making! And, don't miss a moving performance by 14-year-old singing sensation Jackie Evancho!

Wednesday (New)
The Night Four Girls Went into the Woods and Only Three Came Out Alive

Dr. Phil takes a hard look at a disturbing trend in the news: Teenagers murdering their best friends. Several recent cases, including the fatal stabbing of Skylar Neese, have shocked the nation, leaving many to wonder: Why and how could this happen? Hear from a woman who says she lived exactly such a scenario. Karen was just 17 years old in 1985 when she and a friend lured Missy Avila, also 17, to a spot in the woods where her life would ultimately end. Karen, who spent 23 years behind bars for her involvement in Missy's death, recounts that fateful day. What does she say happened? And, if she could go back, what would she do differently? Hear the message Karen wants to impart to all young girls. Plus, when Shemida appeared on the show six weeks ago, she said she had been diagnosed with more than 70 medical and mental health conditions and was in so much pain, she could barely get out of bed. But her family said they believed she was fabricating some of her issues for attention. How is Shemida doing now?

Thursday (New)

"I'm Divorcing the Real-Life Mommy Dearest"
Jamie says his soon-to-be ex-wife, Jennifer, is a real-life "Mommy Dearest" who verbally attacks their two children constantly -- yelling at them, calling them "stupid" and even waking them up at night to correct their chores. He says the drama has gotten so bad, he got a protection order against Jennifer -- something she claims he did in order to force her out of their lives. Jennifer admits she's strict but absolutely denies being abusive and says Jamie is exaggerating. When Dr. Phil brings this estranged couple together in search of a resolution, Jennifer confesses a disturbing and dangerous behavior. When offered a chance to get her life back on track, will Jennifer accept?

Friday (New)
Won't Work, Won't Go to School: "My Son Just Wants to Game All Day"

Sarah says her 23-year-old son, Justin, is so consumed with playing video games that he dropped out of college, can't hold a job and is neglecting his health -- losing more than 50 pounds -- and she fears he'll die if he doesn't stop. Sarah says she has tried cutting off Justin financially and giving him ultimatums, but he always finds a way to continue gaming to excess. Justin admits he plays 16 hours a day -- sometimes lasting up to 30 hours straight -- and says he would rather live in the virtual world than the real world. What could be driving his behavior? And, has his hobby become an addiction that could eventually kill him? With the help of Dr. Rachael Ross, co-host of the Emmy Award-winning show The Doctors, Dr. Phil opens Justin's eyes to the potential health dangers he faces. Will it have an impact? Plus, how can Justin regain traction in his life?

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

I don't mind watching Dr Phil for mindless entertainment, but am so tired of him shilling his wife, son, and phone app. The show is only about 40 minutes once you take out the millions of commercials, and then you have to listen to him or Robin shill their brand for another 10 minutes.

Why is Robin on so much anymore? What exactly is her special degree in and why should we listen to anything she spouts off?

• Love 4

Why is Robin on so much anymore? What exactly is her special degree in and why should we listen to anything she spouts off?

Robin is on because her husband feels that having her on the show allows him access, attention, and money by having her as the face behind women's issues and makeup techniques.

Her special degree hasn't been earned through higher education, but by absorbing her husband's fame whore ways and happily signing on for whatever tasks required to increase the family's buzz rating and the money that comes with it.

Why listen to her?  Only for snark value.  Whenever I see her I think I hear Dr. Shill in the background telling her what to say while I marvel at her incredible plastic face trying to approximate expressions and sometimes even managing to move her perfectly plucked eyebrows.

Gotta admit though, they seem like they're perfect for each other.  I know they have two sons, but I only hear about fellow fame whore Jay.  I sometimes wonder why I never hear about the other son, but I don't watch very often so maybe I've just missed hearing about him.

• Love 5

Lately he sure is plugging the Doctor on Demand, and when he demands the doctor, the doc is right there live on his show.  DocPhil never fails to let us know that he set that up as one of the show's services.  Does the public have to pay for this service?

Lately he sure is plugging the Doctor on Demand, and when he demands the doctor, the doc is right there live on his show.  DocPhil never fails to let us know that he set that up as one of the show's services.  Does the public have to pay for this service?

Indeed they do:

Medical & Pediatrics - $40 per visit

Psychologists - $50 per 25 minute session 

- $95 per 50 minute session

Lactation Consultants - $40 per 25 minute session

- $70 per 50 minute session

Pay per visit, I can't find out if you could bill the service to your insurance

• Love 2

Yikes I assumed there was a price but I thought it was a monthly access fee.  Maybe there's one of those too.  I wouldn't be surprised.

For better or worse insurance companies determine if something is "medically necessary" based on your diagnosis code.  They've got algorithms and if something doesn't pass it gets kicked to a person who typically requests your medical records.  I highly doubt this scam is covered. Most health systems have a call the nurse program if you have questions.

The San Padre doctors are probably not completely covered either because it seems like they run every test imaginable and do some mumbo jumbo.  Not unlike the for profit Cancer Treatment Centers and the trouble they get into scamming desperate people. 

Good lord Shill, when does one have enough money?  I have no doubt Shill gets paid very well for advertising those places and the head doctor is always there on those shows, so everyone must be making money. Remember the pictures of treatment "guests" lounging on a pier?  Damn, I'd go there. 

Thanks Zahdii for answering my question for rates on Doc on Demand.  Woweee, Ph$ill must take a nice kick-back for those fees, and I suppose they take Visa/MC over the phone.  The procedure I'm guessing, is you pay, then bill your insurance, however, I don't think my ins. company would accept a payment made to a "Doctor on Demand" over the internet as they ask for the dr's certificate #.  Also, how would you know if they are in fact, registered docs when you phone?, you would just have some person with a white coat popping up on your screen with a stethoscope around his neck.  Could be any Tom, Dick or whomever.

Do you think Robin can just call Oprah anytime she wants? IJA.. How close do you think they are? I wish I was close to Oprah so I could tell her we are fed up with the family thing. We wanted to watch a psychologist talk to damaged people and do whatever the initial ad said he was going to do. We didn't sign up for Robin who has no degree and is hawking her phony products. Gosh, she is so unbelievable.

• Love 2

I don't think Oprah gives a second thought to all the charlatans she has foisted on the public. Robin has been front & center since day 1 of Phil's show and he's talked about his family since his earliest days on the Oprah show. It's a time-honored showbiz tradition to include family members in the franchise.

Can not stand Robin.  Why is she hawking perfume and make up on a psychology-based show?  Not that I want to see her immobile face at all, but I can see Dr. Phil dragging her on stage to give a female p.o.v when discussing things like couples communication or parenting.  Those topics are in her wheelhouse. I'm not saying she needs to be "June Cleaver" and stay in an old fashioned housewife role.  She may be business savvy and know more than Phil. However, there is a real disconnect when the show moves from wiping the tears of an addicts' parents to "Hey Y'all, my new perfume smells great!"  If she wants to be a life-style expert or beauty consultant, then Phil & Co. should cough up some cash and set her up with her own show.

• Love 4

I don't know if it was a rerun, but I caught the episode with the 17-year-old chick dating the 28-year-old guy.

I didn't like that Phil spent 3/4 of the show dumping on the couple for being silly and stupid about their age difference, and then he brings up, and almost kind of breezes past, the fact that the mom was abusive to the daughter, has been arrested for abuse and child endangerment, CPS has been called, and she seems to be keeping her away from her father. Up until that point Phil wanted to make it look like the daughter was just being a brainless idiot and have us just nodding along all, "this isn't going to end well, young lady". But I could tell from the beginning the mother was a trip, and when they talked about the past between mother and daughter, I was like, now I see why she isn't trying to hear shit her mom has to say. "He's abusive!" Oh, you mean like you were? "He doesn't really care about you" Because you've always been a loving parent? The girl being madly in love with the guy makes perfect sense. She has an abusive mother and an absentee father.

Now, as for the guy, well...I mean, he's no prized pig, but...I don't know. I'm hesitant to judge people based on what people who are no longer in their lives say for the simple fact that people lie. I want actual details and accounts and police reports and pictures of bruises before I cast judgment on someone. People are quick to throw around accusations and shit when there's nothing on the line. The guy might be a dick, and it's my opinion he's probably got some growing up to do before he can have a meaningful relationship with someone else, especially someone ten years younger than him. And they keep saying "almost thirty" like that matters. He's twenty-eight. He doesn't know how to be an adult yet. Hell, you can expect him to be able to hold down a job and not drink so much, but people in their twenties are plenty immature...period. I speak from experience. I'm the same age and I'm still figuring things out.

And Dr. Phil was pissing me off when he asked them did they think it's weird to be dating with their age difference. Uh, douche? THEY'RE DOING IT? What the fuck do you think they're gonna say? "Yup, sure does feel strange. But we're gonna ride this thing out..." Just say you think it's bullshit and stop being a passive-aggressive dick about it. And when the dude called her mom a "psycho bitch" he said it was disrespectful to her, and...girl, please. I mean, I'm a nice person until you give me reason not to be. If you called the police on me and said I kidnapped your daughter, called me a pedophile, called my probation officer more times than you can count, just to get me in trouble...yeeeeah, you better hope I stop at "psycho bitch". I mean, I guess it's anyone's right to bemoan his lack of patience with someone trying to ruin his life, like for real for real, but as far as I'm concerned, when you fuck with people, they...might not have the nicest things to say back. And mom was quick to say "I'm am!" when Phil brought it up, so I mean, no it wasn't disrespectful if she answers to it.

It's a week of reruns.

Monday

"He's Nearly 30 and Engaged to My Teen with Braces"
Jeanne says her 17-year-old daughter, Cheyenne, was the all-American girl -- a cheerleader, track star and straight-A honor student -- until she began dating Josh, a 28-year-old divorced father. Jeanne says her daughter has become rude, disrespectful, verbally and physically abusive, and she’s worried Cheyenne is throwing away her promising future. Cheyenne says she loves Josh, and no one can keep her from seeing him -- not even her mother. Josh says there’s nothing wrong with his relationship with Cheyenne, and he can’t wait until his fiancée is 18, so they don’t have to deal with Jeanne anymore. Dr. Phil takes a look at Josh’s history -- should Jeanne be concerned? And, can this fractured mother-daughter relationship be repaired?
(Original Airdate: September 26, 2014)

Tuesday
Love Scams: "My Mother Sent Her Online Fiancé over $300,000 and 3 Cars"

Norma, a 70-year-old widow, says she can’t wait to move to Ghana to be with her fiancé, "Richard," whom she met online two years ago but has never seen in person, despite sending him her entire life savings of more than $300,000 -- as well as three cars. Norma’s daughter, Tammy, believes her mother is being scammed by a catfish. Dr. Phil tracks down the real man behind the images of "Richard" -- is this a scam? Plus, get an update on two past guests: Sebrina, who learned she had been victimized in a catfish scam, and Anna, who confronted her husband, Pablo, about his infidelities. How are they now?
(Original Airdate: October 1, 2014)

Wednesday
"My Ex Won't Stop Videotaping and Posting Our Out-of-Control Son's Tantrums"

Amie says she lives in fear of her 7-year-old son, Jayden, who has violent outbursts in which he punches, kicks, spits and throws things, prompting her to call the police at least 15 times this year. Desperate for help, Amie says she began posting videos of Jayden’s tantrums online, one of which has received more than 2.5 million views. But Jayden’s father, Chad, says Amie is just looking for attention and blames her for their son’s bad behavior, claiming she sometimes triggers his outbursts. Dr. Phil brings the exes together in search of answers. How does Chad respond to Amie’s allegations that he is an absentee father? Plus, don’t miss Dr. Phil’s revealing one-on-one talk with Jayden. How can Amie and Chad learn to co-parent peacefully and get Jayden back on track?
(Original Airdate: September 29, 2014)

Thursday
"Why is My Prince Charming Hurting Me?"

Beth says she thought her live-in boyfriend, Patrick, was her Prince Charming, but now she claims he’s a liar, cheater, alcoholic and narcissist who verbally abuses her daily -- and she worries about the toll it’s taking on their blended family of seven, soon to be eight. Patrick admits he has said hurtful things in anger but insists he has nothing to hide and should be trusted. Beth reveals that she recently hired someone to follow Patrick and track his moves -- has she caught him in a lie? Dr. Phil weighs in -- does he think there’s a future for this couple in crisis? This program contains strong language. Viewer discretion advised.
(Original Airdate: October 20, 2014)

Friday
"Give My Daughter Back or Get Out of My Life!"

Dana is furious with her sister, Jaye, who she says refuses to relinquish temporary guardianship of Dana’s 13-year-old daughter. Dana admits she has struggled with drugs in the past but says she has been clean for 21 months and is desperate to bring her daughter home. But Jaye insists her niece is doing great in her care and questions whether Dana has really changed. Dr. Phil intervenes in this sister vs. sister custody battle. Why does Dana claim Jaye is acting out of spite? And, hear from the teen caught in the middle of this tug-of-war -- what does she want? Plus, Dr. Phil weighs in -- what does he think is the family’s best plan for moving forward?
(Original Airdate: October 13, 2014)