Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

I don't watch Dr. Phil very much at all - just happened across it as this episode began and got sucked in. My question is - is there anyplace on his website that provides an update on how this family might be doing? I know I know - I could go there and look it up myself but I'm feeling lazy!

Occasionally he has a follow up show.  I don't think there are all that many success stories.  Not because he fails, when guests leave it really is all up to them to work hard with the tools the Dr Phil sets up for them and pays for.  

He has said in the past that if they fail to show up for the therapy he gives them, he is done paying.  They have to be compliant.  I think many just go back to their old ways when home. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

And again the girl is introduced as beautiful. What a brat.

This annoys me to no end. "Troubled...And Beautiful." "Out of Control...And Gorgeous." On the rare occasion he features a male in trouble, are the shows titled "Addicted...And Handsome"? What the heck do looks have to do with anything, and why does it only seem to apply to women? Is it supposed to be harder to believe that "beautiful" women have problems? Are we supposed to have more sympathy for someone who's attractive? Having seen a few of these shows, I must say Phil's definition of gorgeous and mine greatly differ. And if he's so fixated on what women look like no wonder Robin's done so much slice and dice on her face.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 7

This episode was just so sad. My hubby and I often remark to each other that we are so grateful that our home is a refuge of peace and calm. Even when our son was a teen, and we dealt with all the teen stuff, it was still, by and large, calm. I cannot imagine living like these people do day in and day out. Even though they created the problem themselves I feel for them.

• Love 4

Another week of new shows...

February 2 - February 6, 2015

Monday
A Family Divided over an Unsolved Murder

In August 2009, Penny’s 40-year-old sister, Shannon, a successful businesswoman, was found dead in her car, at the bottom of a cliff, in what authorities initially believed was a tragic accident but later ruled a homicide -- a case that remains unsolved. Emotions run high when Penny faces her father, Ted, for the first time in two years and drops a bombshell: She believes he hired a hitman to kill Shannon. Ted admits his relationship with Shannon was strained at the time, but he vehemently denies he had anything to do with her death. How will Ted react to Penny’s accusation? Tune in to watch the drama unfold as this father and daughter angrily level charges against each other -- can Penny and Ted find a way to repair their relationship, or have the accusations gone too far?

Tuesday
"Is My Wife Real or a Nigerian Love Scam?"

Steve, 53, says in the past 29 months, he has sent more than $100,000 to “Kelly,” his overseas “wife” whom he met on a dating website in 2012. Steve says “Kelly” is an American woman stuck in Nigeria trying to secure a $25 million fortune left to her by her parents. He admits she is also one of several clients who say they have large inheritances pending that he is trying to help -- deals Steve believes will make him millions. Despite never meeting “Kelly” in person and only talking to her on the phone a few times, Steve insists they are a “match made in heaven” -- which is why he sent her money for a marriage certificate. But Steve’s sister, Tammy, and niece, Kidist, say they believe he is being scammed, and they want him to cut ties with “Kelly” -- and his other so-called clients. Dr. Phil digs deep in search of answers. Is “Kelly” really the woman of Steve’s dreams, or is he being conned by a catfish? And, Steve has spent more than $135,000 so far on all of his clients -- is he ready to call it quits?

Wednesday
"Don’t Give My Daughter Money: She is Lying about Dying from Cancer"

Mary’s 30-year-old daughter, Lynn, claims to be suffering from numerous medical conditions, including stomach cancer, heart disease, uterine cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and other ailments -- but Mary believes it’s all lies, concocted to gain money and attention. Mary says she has found no evidence of her daughter’s health conditions and was horrified to learn that Lynn had created a crowdfunding website, asking for donations for medical expenses. Lynn insists she’s gravely ill and says it sickens her even more that her mother doesn’t believe her. The mother and daughter face each other for the first time in a year on Dr. Phil’s stage. Dr. Phil reviews Lynn’s medical records -- how does she explain the inconsistencies? And, how can Lynn find a return to health and start living again?

Thursday
  "My 21-Year-Old Daughter is Obsessed with Her Controlling, Jealous, Heroin-Addicted Boyfriend"

Alyssa and Steve say their daughter, Paige, had a promising future until she turned 18 and met Brandon, who they believe taught her how to shoot black tar heroin and led her down a dark and dangerous path. The parents say Paige, 21, is now a full-fledged addict, living with Brandon, 27, in a motel, working as a “sugar baby” to get money for drugs and shooting up several times a day. They say she has failed nine attempts at rehab and sobriety and has overdosed 16 times -- and they fear they could lose her forever. Alyssa and Steve say they’ve tried to get Paige away from her controlling “loser” boyfriend, but she always runs back to him and starts using again. Are Alyssa and Steve enabling their daughter’s dangerous lifestyle? And, will Paige and Brandon accept Dr. Phil’s help -- and his one big condition?

Friday
"Our Son Was Making Millions but is Now Living in Our Garage with His Girlfriend"

Mike and Vicki say their 37-year-old son, Ryan, was once making millions running a successful real estate company, but for the past three months, he has been living in their garage, on their dime, along with his 24-year-old girlfriend, Rachel. The parents claim Ryan is a “freeloader” who sleeps all day, acts entitled, picks fights and even leaves them to care for his 5-year-old son. Ryan admits things are chaotic in his life but insists it’s not all his fault. Why does he say his parents are partly to blame for his business failing? Dr. Phil has some tough questions for Ryan about his behavior -- does he take any accountability? And, hear from Rachel -- is she happy with their living situation? Plus, Ryan isn’t the only one staying with mom and dad -- you won’t believe how many mouths Mike and Vicki say they are feeding! How can the parents stop the bleeding and take back control of their lives? And, is Ryan ready to step up to the plate and work toward living on his own?

February 2 - February 6, 2015

Monday

A Family Divided over an Unsolved Murder

In August 2009, Penny’s 40-year-old sister, Shannon, a successful businesswoman, was found dead in her car, at the bottom of a cliff, in what authorities initially believed was a tragic accident but later ruled a homicide -- a case that remains unsolved. Emotions run high when Penny faces her father, Ted, for the first time in two years and drops a bombshell: She believes he hired a hitman to kill Shannon. Ted admits his relationship with Shannon was strained at the time, but he vehemently denies he had anything to do with her death. How will Ted react to Penny’s accusation? Tune in to watch the drama unfold as this father and daughter angrily level charges against each other -- can Penny and Ted find a way to repair their relationship, or have the accusations gone too far?

I caught this today.  Watched it all the way through waiting for some kind of point.  Other than the dad's clearly a douchebag and his daughter hates him, there was none.  Not a shred of evidence that he was involved in the other daughter's murder.  Not a single, even fleeting, moment of insight on either side.  Nothing.  Why would this even be broadcast?

Edited by Aquarius
  • Love 5

I caught this today.  Watched it all the way through waiting for some kind of point.  Other than the dad's clearly a douchebag and his daughter hates him, there was none.  No a shred of evidence that he was involved in the other daughter's murder.  Not a single even fleeting moment of insight on either side.  Nothing.  Why would this even be broadcast?

I haven't watched in quite awhile. It gets tiring watching episodes like the one you described where he lets both sides blather on and doesn't do much if anything at the end. The past few years have really highlighted how sloppy they are when putting shows together and that they seem to apply the same formula to just about every episode.  Phub pretty much just goes through the motions now spouting the same lines to different faces.

• Love 2

I rarely watch Phil these days but can't resist the Catfish shows so I caught today's show. I only have this to say: Does Phil not require his employees to be able to spell? Niece. N-I-E-C-E. Not 'neice'. It's 'i' before 'e'. Simple stuff.

For further misspelling fun, Dr. Phil pointed out that on the alleged letter from the Nigerian President the president's first name was spelled correctly at the top of the letter "Goodluck" and incorrectly at the bottom "Gudluk". I was surprised that no one mentioned the last name had the same problem "Jonathan" at the top, and "Jonanthan" at the bottom.

Sometimes when Dr. Phil writes on his big Smart Board screen I wonder if he has some form of dysgraphia.

• Love 1

Producers create those graphics.  I make typos all the time.  He got his point across, that is what matters.  

I love the catfish shows.  This one was unique and oh boy.  Bad news.  

I skip the ones on addiction and there are many.  Aside from the horror of what that can do to a family,  I don't like the way Phil shames them.  They are addicts, not horrible people.  AA is a shaming organization and he is hooked into that so it doesn't surprise me.  I just choose not to watch those.  

Though the daughter accusing her father of murdering her sister (his daughter) did not come to a conclusion it may have alerted the police to dig further into this cold case.  It was a different show and appreciated that.  Something is fishy there.  

Edited by wings707

I don't watch this show a lot, but caught the episode today about the woman who thinks she's dying of cancer and heart disease. I can't believe what I'm watching. A GoFund page, saying she has 7 kids, when she really only has 4. No medical records to back up what she's saying she has. She's taking pain meds she buys on the street, but not the medicine she actually does need for a mild ailment.

Her mother got her actual medical records that shows she's fine, she's never had cancer, doesn't require heart surgery, has never had a partial hysterectomy. The girl is way beyond Munchausen's Syndrome, she needs help badly. Dr. Phil is sending her to Creative Care in Malibu. She'll love the attention she gets there, I think. I'd send her somewhere not quite so luxurious so she WANTS to get better.

I felt so bad for her poor mother, who's had to try to get her daughter to seek help and stop with the lies.

As someone who has watched several family member battle cancer (some survived, sadly, some didn't) I was enraged watching this broad mope around , saying she has cancer and feeling so hurt because everyone is calling her a liar.

I will admit to  laughing when she said she had a hysterectomy, followed by a baby. "He's my miracle baby" boy, I'll say.

• Love 11

As soon as she claimed stomach cancer I knew she was a Munchausen. Abdominal pain is the favorite ailment of Munchausen's, because it can result from any number of things and requires quite a lot of testing different paths to determine the cause. They can milk a lot of care and attention out of stomach pain that can't be explained.  The only thing I could think throughout the show was, thank goodness she doesn't have Munchausen by Proxy. I couldn't deal with it if it turned out she was harming her kids for attention.

People walk around with atrial fib all the time.  It's not a great thing to have, but it's a condition you can certainly live with and lead a normal life, as long as you pay attention to doing what you need to do. Like taking your meds.  My mom has chronic afib and as long as she takes a pill twice a day, she stays in a normal sinus rhythm. It's actually not rocket science.

As someone who has watched several family member battle cancer (some survived, sadly, some didn't) I was enraged watching this broad mope around , saying she has cancer and feeling so hurt because everyone is calling her a liar.

I will admit to  laughing when she said she had a hysterectomy, followed by a baby. "He's my miracle baby" boy, I'll say.

Thank you for saying that about family members with cancer. If this woman REALLY had cancer, she wouldn't be reveling in it for sure. I'm not so sure that her problem is Munchausens though. She was delusional and I think she has told her fake sob story for so long that she now believes it herself.

And if it was Munchausens then I would fear for her children being proxy'd by her. She's been exposed. Will she now choose a child to focus an illness on?

February 9 - February 13, 2015

Monday
Exclusive: The Vanderbilt Football Player’s Interview from behind Bars

It’s a shocking story that is making headlines across the nation: Two former Vanderbilt University football players recently were found guilty of raping an unconscious female classmate in a campus dorm room in June 2013 after a night of drinking. It took a jury just three hours to convict Cory Batey and Brandon Vandenberg, both 21, on charges that included aggravated rape and sexual battery in connection with the incident -- which prosecutors say was proved by cell phone photos and video. In an exclusive interview, Dr. Phil sits down with Cory, who is behind bars awaiting sentencing and facing up to 145 years in prison. What does he remember about that night? And what, if anything, would he do differently? Cory and several of his former teammates -- including two who are currently awaiting trial -- are accused of trying cover up the incident in the days that followed. How does Cory explain his actions? And, why does he believe he deserves a second chance? Plus, what message does he have for the victim?

Tuesday
Pretty Little Mean Girls

Dr. Phil tackles one of the most dangerous trends affecting young adults today -- cyberbullying. Kalista, 20, claims she has been virtually assaulted for almost two years by Taylor, 20, a girl who Kalista says loves to attack people when they’re at their lowest point. Kalista says Taylor has posted photos of her online and written lies that she does drugs, is a stripper and a prostitute. Kalista says she’s not the only victim of Taylor’s alleged bullying -- Shelby, 22, and Shayna, 21, say they also have been targeted -- and she’s worried someone may be pushed too far. How do they say Taylor’s alleged actions have affected them? Taylor admits she has made nasty comments -- why does she say she was only defending herself? Dr. Phil brings all parties together to try to end the hostility. Are these young women ready to unplug and end the animosity? Plus, hear from the mother of a 12-year-old girl who tragically ended her own life after being cyberbullied. Will her story make an impact?

Wednesday
"Our Sister Lived in the Bushes and Tried to Hire Someone to Kill Her: What’s Wrong with Her?"

Ann Marie and Jackie say their sister, Colleen, is living in a world of make-believe where she constantly plays the victim and lies for money and attention. The siblings say Colleen has disappeared for days at a time and once lived in the woods for two weeks -- and paid a homeless man to try to kill her -- in an attempt to make her family believe she was dead. They also claim Colleen has faked a heart attack, falsely accused a neighbor of rape and most recently told them she’s receiving treatments for cervical cancer -- which they believe is just another lie. Dr. Phil brings the sisters together in search of answers -- and a resolution. How does Colleen explain her erratic behavior? And, is she really suffering from cancer? Plus, Ann Marie and Jackie admit they have enabled Colleen over the years by giving her money and food and paying her bills. Can they learn to put their foot down and help Colleen get her life back on track?

Thursday
  All-New Dr. Phil

Check back soon for more on this exciting, all-new Dr. Phil!

Friday
Riches to Rags: "My Son’s Fiancée is Ruining His Life"

Brenda says she is desperate to break up her 37-year-old son, Chris, and his 25-year-old fiancée, Tabatha, who she has referred to as “lowdown trash” and a bad influence. She says Chris, who struggled with addiction, was back on track and working a $100,000-a-year job -- until he met Tabatha two years ago. Now, Brenda says Chris is homeless, living in the woods and has been arrested twice, and she blames Tabatha. Chris says he and Tabatha are "like Romeo and Juliet" and insists nothing, including his “controlling” mother, will break them apart. Emotions run high when these future in-laws face each other on Dr. Phil’s stage. Tabatha and Chris say they are working hard to get on their feet again, and Brenda needs to butt out. Does Brenda have reason for concern? Has the couple remained sober? Plus, Brenda says she is worried Chris and Tabatha are trying to get pregnant -- are they capable of caring for a child? Tune in to hear Dr. Phil’s advice for everyone involved: Is Brenda meddling too much in her son’s life? And, should Chris and Tabatha split up?

Dr. Phil... even though the show now has the air of a highly sponsored Jerry Springer event I can't look away. His cases are now sensationalized and configured to gather the most shock. Of course, we, the audience can still be amazed at what people will reveal about themselves but we would still be amazed if he wasn't such a side show barker! 

Like the lady who claimed she was dying. Was that interesting in itself? Not to me. But I did spend the entire show wondering how she could sit there and continue to be exposed at every turn and still stick to her story. It is because she was mentally unstable and the doctor exploited that.

But still, I can't look away and watch many of the shows in reruns. I have got to get a life...

I do thank the moderator for posting the snapshots though... they are quite useful.

• Love 4

I basically avoid Dr. Phil like he has the plague...but I wanted to watch today to see what that Vanderbilt scum had to say.  Because I live in Snowmaggedon....aka Boston...I missed half the show because it was pre-empted for snow coverage.  I saw the beginning and the end.  Can you watch the show online?  

• Love 1

I think someone uploads episodes on youtube if you want to watch.  I saw part of the interview but had to switch it off after a while.  It disgusted me-- the man wouldn't take responsibility for the rape. He kept saying he was drunk, or couldn't remember, or that he didn't "want to be seen in that light."  The only time that he wept was when he was blaming the absence of a father in his life for his despicable act. 

• Love 3

I watched and was just as disgusted as I thought I would be.  He defended his friend aka co-defendant and still said he behaved that way because he was drunk, not because it was in his character.  Well when stone cold sober...they had no problems sharing the pics and videos and continuing to laugh about it.  That wasn't a crazy drunk move.  And he kept saying that they were hearing rumors about the event.  They weren't rumors...they were the truth. 

The long and the short of it is that the pictures and the videos are what is going to make it so that they are going to spend the rest of their lives in jail.  If it hadn't have been for their need to document their sick behavior...it would just be another story of he said/she said where the men were well revered, respected athletes.  

He said he was afraid of prison.  He should be.

As I was watching, I can't believe his lawyers and people in his camp thought this interview with Dr. Phil would be a good idea.  How did he think this would help anything, especially since he has not been sentenced yet.  

• Love 5

I didn't want to but I watched ,too .

The audacity of the lawyer referring to them as "kids" ..these are grown Men.

This guy was the one that was told Not to refer to the victim by name in court. What does he do? Says her name. That was when the poor girl broke down in tears and vomited.

I had read that they were charged with 7 counts. Some of the news sites do detail the nitty gritty of these counts. It is beyond comprehension how disgusting, dehumanizing these acts were. It was shocking. My heart just went out for he victim.

He really needs to do some soul searching because I still don't think he gets what he did to this girl.

• Love 4

I'm glad I didn't watch today's episode. It enrages me to hear men talking about an act like a rape like it's something totally cool, like every guy would do that if the opportunity arose, right? But that's the thing....most guys wouldn't rape someone, even if they had the "perfect opportunity". It makes me sick to think that these men (cos yes, calling them kids is a total joke) think there's absolutely nothing wrong with being raging drunk and forcing themselves on a woman (or women, I didn't really follow the case) who is either passed out already from drinking, or is way past the point of consent, even if they are still walking and talking (usually entering a blackout territory). Just sickens me. And to pass around pics and other evidence after the fact totally wrecks their "Oh it was just us being drunk and making a bad choice"  theory, because if you sober up the next day and still think you're a big stud on campus for doing that you deserve whatever punishment you get. They don't feel remorse for the crime, they only feel bad because they got caught and are now facing some real prison time. Most of these college athletes feel untouchable, they are always being told how great they are....it's like royalty. I'm sure they felt completely entitled to take advantage of some poor drunk girl and now they're realizing that in the real world, outside the college campus where you're revered as a big deal on the field, is not the same at all.

• Love 7

They don't feel remorse for the crime, they only feel bad because they got caught

As is the case for most heinous crimes.

THIS!  It was clear that he was more worried about getting kicked off of the football team.  His response to...what would you say if you had walked in there sober?  Basically, he said...I would tell they guys..."hey, what are you doing?  Coach will kick you off the team for this."  Ehhhhh...see you in 148 years, pig. 

• Love 4

I'm watching the "Pretty Little Mean Girls" ep now...these guests are neither 'pretty' nor 'girls'.  All of these women are in their 20's but holy moly!!! They all look 35 to me.  I'm not what kind of life style they are leading, but it isn't do them any favors. 

• Love 5

Here is a SI article that goes into detail of all the things that Batey could not recall.  I think it goes without saying that there is some including disturbing things in the article, so read at your own risk.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/02/09/vanderbilt-rape-case-brandon-vandenburg-cory-batey

I saw all of the surveillance video up til when they took the woman into the dorm room. Batey certainly didn't act intoxicated in that video. I believe that he remembers everything that happened that night. The text he sent his g-friend, "They're saying I raped some bitch." speaks loud and clear as to what kind of person he truly is. I'm praying that he receives the maximum sentence and dies in prison.
  • Love 4

20/20 did a MUCH better report about the Vanderbilt rape case than Dr. Phil's stupid self-serving notoriety-grabbing interview.  For example, one of the rapists sent real time live video to his high school buddies in California, then urged them to destroy their cellphones the next day.  Those guys--who could have helped the girl, but chose bro-code instead--did break their phones, but one of them forgot he had his cell phone set up to automatically bluetooth to his computer and that's where the FBI ultimately recovered the video.

I'm following this case closely and I thought The Phil Show was disgusting.  Phil was obviously trying to get the guy to cry, and finally found a few tears by pounding the "mother" angle.  The guy was obviously coached by his lawyer to say he didn't "recall" and not turn against his co-defendant.  Nothing real on either side.

• Love 5

I found the question of asking about his character and the character of his friend (?).  Why would this guy bring a girl back & think everyone would go along with this? 

Dr. Phil JMHO seems to do better interviews without an audience.

I found the question of asking about his character and the character of his friend (?).  Why would this guy bring a girl back & think everyone would go along with this? 

I went to Vanderbilt (where, disclaimer, I never fit in for one second of four years.)  Even back then, the football team had their own floors in the high-rise dorm and they regularly pulled all kinds of testosterone-fueled stunts without reprisal.  "Let's throw all our furniture down the elevator shaft!"  (It's odd because one really good Vanderbilt policy was distributing sorority and fraternity members to gen pop dorms instead of holed up together in Greek housing where they could avoid interacting with anyone except themselves.) 

I worked at the student center, the cinema and the library and I'm sure I never met or even had one exchange with a member of the football team.  While everyone else had to draw a lottery ticket for the limited dorm spaces, they had special reserved housing and reserved seating in the cafeteria. 

So, hive mentality, where the guy who called 911 would have "betrayed" everyone he knew in that world.  No one willing to make that sacrifice.  Phil didn't seem to consider "getting kicked off the team" was much of a threat, but it would have been. 

Again, though, how about those guys in California?  They weren't drunk, they weren't going to be ostracized by everyone they knew and they could see, with objective eyes, an unconscious girl being raped while it was going on.  No heroes or even basic decent human beings in this story.  It's always so awful when it turns out people just watched.

This has been on my mind a lot.  Thanks for letting me share my thoughts here in the Phil Forum. 

• Love 5

Back in the 60's or 70's a woman named Kitty Genovise was murdered right outside her New York apt. while numerous people watched and listened and did nothing to help. We think times are changing and that maybe we're turning into better people but I guess not.

• Love 1

Agree the 20/20 episode was very informative(it is on you tube ).

Ty Candall for the insight. I keep thinking about the roommate guy that was in the room and his response of just turning over.

All the people should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by Diana Berry
  • Love 1

February 16 - February 20, 2015

Monday
The Student and the Professor: Is One Stalking the Other?

Kaila says as a college freshman in Fall 2013, she became close with her psychology professor, Laura -- sharing personal problems, texting each other back and forth and even spending time together outside of class -- but the relationship took a bizarre turn. While staying the night at Laura’s house, Kaila went to the emergency room and says she woke up the next day back at the house, surrounded by all of her belongings -- which she says were moved in without her knowledge. Why did it take Kaila four months to move out? After their friendship ended, Kaila claims she received harassing texts from Laura and had no choice but to show them to police and the school -- and Laura was fired, although the police ultimately determined that Laura did not send the texts. The women say they’ve since been locked in an all-out cyber war, with accusations of stalking and harassment from both sides. Why does Laura say she was only trying to help Kaila? Dr. Phil brings the women together in search of a resolution. Did they cross the line?

Tuesday
"My 4-Year-Old Daughter Crushes Her Candy Like Her Dad Crushes His Pain Pills"

Whitney and her ex-boyfriend, Todd, are embroiled in a bitter custody battle over their 4-year-old daughter. Whitney claims Todd is an unfit father who is addicted to drugs. She also accuses Todd of teaching their daughter to crush her candy just like she claims he crushes his prescription pills before snorting them -- and she says she has video proof. Todd admits he once snorted anxiety pills when he was running low during a supervised visit with his daughter, but he insists it didn’t happen in front of the child and denies being a drug addict. Todd says he’s a good father and claims Whitney is keeping their daughter from him out of spite because he cheated on her when she was pregnant. Dr. Phil brings the embattled exes together, alongside their family, in search of a peaceful resolution. Can this family put their differences aside and move forward in the best interests of the child?

Wednesday
The Ultimate Betrayal: A Toxic Family Love Triangle

Caroline and Sonny admit their nearly three-year marriage has been tumultuous -- with plenty of fighting and both sides alleging verbal and physical abuse. They say the situation got even worse last June, when the unthinkable happened: Sonny cheated on Caroline with her sister, Ashley, after a night of drinking. Caroline says she loves Sonny and wants things to work for the sake of their two young daughters. But after this betrayal, will she ever be able to trust him -- or Ashley -- again? Emotions run high when everyone sits down together on Dr. Phil’s stage. Ashley and Sonny give very different accounts of what happened that night. Ashley claims it was not consensual sex, but Sonny insists it was -- who does Caroline believe? And what should she do now? Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s advice to the couple -- can this marriage be saved, or has too much damage been done?

Thursday
"My Ex is Evil; I Want to See My Kids!"

Brad says he is deadlocked in a bitter custody battle with his ex, Kimberly, who he says is abusive and manipulative and is brainwashing their three children against him. He claims Kimberly hasn't let him see their children in seven months and says the stress of the custody clash -- involving courts, cops and child support -- has taken a serious toll on his health. Kimberly says Brad is an unstable, irresponsible “deadbeat loser,” and until he cleans up his act, she can’t allow him to see their kids. She claims Brad smokes pot around the children, has sent a hurtful text to their oldest daughter and does not like Brad’s new wife being her children’s step-mother. Tensions boil over when Brad and Kimberly’s mothers join the conversation. Is there any chance of these two putting aside their differences and learning to peacefully co-parent? Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s words of warning for this family -- and anyone involved in a custody battle.

Friday
"My Sister Published a Book of Lies about Our Family"

In December 2013, Jori published a novel that she says is partly based on true life events -- including horrific allegations of abuse that she claims she suffered at the hands of her deceased mother -- and it has driven a wedge between her and her siblings, Grant and Dottie. Grant says Jori is vindictive and wrote a “book of lies” for attention. How does he describe their childhood? Dottie echoes Jori’s claim that their mother was abusive and admits she was supportive of the book at first -- so, why has she changed her mind? Plus, another major source of contention with the siblings is how their mother died -- could she have taken her own life? Emotions run high when the siblings come together on Dr. Phil’s stage. Is there any hope for repairing this family feud? This program contains strong sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.

• Love 1

There was something way off with the homeless Romeo and Juliet couple.   The man talked a good game or so it seemed until you really listened to him and he just talked a lot & said a whole lot of nothing.

Hopefully the women will take advantage of at least getting her GED and gets help getting a job & a home.

• Love 2

Re: Cory Batey and the Vanderbilt rape case

The entire interview angered me. He must have said "I don't recall" at least 20 times. I'm glad Dr. Phil brought up the text about him "raping some bitch". That is the real Cory Batey. All the "Yes Sir"'s don't make up for the fact you are a violent rapist, Cory. And save your tears for your mother who you claim raised you right. No, she didn't. She raised a monster. 

• Love 4

Obsessed teacher and telephone-threat-faking student deserved each other.

The teacher should have been fired long ago for chumming it up with some students to "save them" and encouraging them to come to her with their problems... and give them shelter in her home.  This was bound to blow up in her face sooner or later, one way or another.  It so happened that her latest protégée was dishonest and unhinged, but her improper behavior with members of the student body should have been cause for firing long ago.  And she was teaching psychology?  Oh boy.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 2

There was something way off with the homeless Romeo and Juliet couple.   The man talked a good game or so it seemed until you really listened to him and he just talked a lot & said a whole lot of nothing.

Hopefully the women will take advantage of at least getting her GED and gets help getting a job & a home.

Yeah - he talked a good game but then it was...no! I've changed!  (in tiny voice:  except for that $200!!!!!!!!!!! dine and dash....and except for the coke we snorted a couple weeks ago).

Also, hillbilly Diane Lane is def trying to get pregnant.  No doubt in my mind.  I think it says a lot when siblings are like...I'm not even going to be a part of this farce.

• Love 3

Adding to my previous post, it's very wrong for Laura to use her classroom and relationship with her employer to invite students to unload their personal problems on her, in her quest for "pet projects."

If she wanted to help kids she could have been a foster mother to teenagers that have been vetted by the system and under proper supervision.

• Love 2

Also, hillbilly Diane Lane is def trying to get pregnant.  No doubt in my mind.  I think it says a lot when siblings are like...I'm not even going to be a part of this farce.

LMBO, you sound like Khan on King of the Hill!

I felt the teacher on today's show was out of line also. Very unprofessional.

• Love 2

Today's son was high and drunk in the studio. 

Unlike Dr Phil, I don't think the guy' delusional, enabling mother should have contact with her granddaughter.  The mother is right to withdraw contact.  You know this would open doors to the CRAZY.

The mother did lie and exaggerate, though.

• Love 1

February 23 - February 27, 2015

Monday
Time is Running Out for Prison-Bound Dad: Did His Wife Blackmail Him into Embezzling $300,000?

Sarah, 20, and PJ, 21, claim that for the past two years, their mother, Kim, has chosen alcohol and pills over them and their two younger siblings. They say time is running out for her to get her act together -- because their father, Pete, is headed to prison for mail fraud in a matter of weeks, and they’re afraid their family will fall apart while he’s away. Kim says she is only an occasional drinker and insists she is not using pills -- but what will a drug test reveal? And, how does she explain two DUI crashes in recent years, including one that Pete claims she tried to cover up? Plus, Pete admits he was struggling to make ends meet when he came up with a plan to embezzle hundreds of thousands of dollars. Why does he say he blames Kim for his current predicament? With the clock ticking, the family confronts Kim in an emotional intervention on Dr. Phil’s stage. Will she agree to get help and become the mother her children say they need now, more than ever?

Tuesday

"I Believe My Cousin is Squandering Her Inheritance on a Love Scam"
Sarah, 46, admits she has sent more than $1 million to her boyfriend, “Chris,” whom she met online just over a year ago but has yet to see in person. She says she loves “Chris” and dreams about marrying him -- once he’s able to return to the United States from Africa. Sarah’s cousin, Crystal, thinks Sarah is being conned into squandering her inheritance. So, how does she explain helping Sarah send “Chris” $50,000 -- despite her suspicion? And, why does “Chris” say he needs Sarah’s money to return home? Dr. Phil’s Facebook followers joined the effort to track down the man behind the photos of “Chris,” hoping to confirm his identity and allow Sarah to meet him face to face for the first time. Is this the real deal?

Wednesday
A Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde, or Confused Teens in Love?

Dalton Hayes, 18, and Cheyenne Phillips, 13, have been dubbed a modern day “Bonnie and Clyde” by some in the media after the young couple fled Kentucky in January 2015 and allegedly evaded police during a two-week, multistate crime spree involving stolen cars, destroyed property and forged checks. Authorities say along the way, the teens stole three pickup trucks -- one with firearms inside -- before they were arrested in Florida. In a daytime television exclusive, Dr. Phil sits down with Dalton, who is behind bars facing multiple charges, including burglary and second-degree rape. Why does Dalton say they fled? And, he claims he didn’t know Cheyenne was only 13 at first -- why did he continue the relationship after he learned her age? Then, Dr. Phil speaks to Dalton’s mother, Tammy. How does she feel about the charges against her son?

Thursday

"I Am the Outcast of My Family, and They Threw Me Away Like Trash!"
Marissa, 22, says her family treated her like an outcast during her childhood and turned their backs on her when she was 17. She says she later began working as an escort to make ends meet. Marissa claims Robin -- her biological aunt who adopted her as an infant -- was a bad mother to her and criticized her for her weight and race. Robin insists she was a loving mother and that Marissa had a happy childhood. She says Marissa spiraled out of control as a teen, and the family doesn’t support her controversial lifestyle. Marissa faces her family for the first time in three years on Dr. Phil’s stage. Did they reject her when she needed them most? How can Marissa get her life back on track? Plus, is there any hope for repairing this fractured family?

Friday

"My Husband’s Big Lottery Win is Ruining Our Marriage"
Jodie says ever since her husband, Edwin, won $1.66 million in a lottery pool two years ago, he has become angry, distant and secretive -- and their marriage has gone downhill fast. She claims Edwin has squandered most of the winnings without her knowledge -- even buying a house for one of his family members without consulting her -- and she can’t trust him. She also says Edwin has a drinking problem, which she claims has resulted in explosive fights and arrests. Edwin denies having an alcohol problem and says he just drinks to escape Jodie’s nagging -- and he feels she’s only with him for the money. Why does he say their marital problems started long before his big lottery win? And, how does he explain his spending? Plus, Jodie’s mom, Linda, says Edwin has become a jerk toward Jodie’s 11-year-old twin girls from a previous relationship, while treating his 1-year-old daughter with Jodie like a princess. Is Edwin playing favorites? The couple sits down with Dr. Phil in a last-ditch effort to repair the damage. Can this marriage be saved?

• Love 1