Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

Another week of reruns including one from 2013.

Monday
"My Drunken Daughter Will Die if She Doesn't Stop Drinking Hand Sanitizer"

Toni says her daughter, Kristine, is battling an alcohol addiction and has resorted to drinking hand sanitizer as a cheap way to get her fix. She says her daughter drinks nearly a gallon and a half of hand sanitizer a week and believes it’s only a matter of time before Kristine dies. Toni, along with Kristine’s sisters, Dawn and April, say they’re concerned for Kristine’s 8-year-old daughter, who has become Kristine’s caretaker and is witnessing her downfall. The siblings also say their mother enables Kristine, which is preventing her from getting her act together. Kristine says her family is dysfunctional, and they’re the reason she can’t stay sober. Dr. Phil has words of warning for Kristine. After three failed stints in rehab, will she agree to try again -- or risk losing her daughter forever?
(Original Airdate: November 24, 2014)

Tuesday
"My Fight with Food is Ruining My Life"

Teachers Candi and Lyndsey say their friendship began when they met at a table of decadent treats at their school -- and they’ve been packing on the pounds together ever since. Then, Kate says she doesn’t deserve the fairytale wedding she has been dreaming of -- or the love of her husband -- until she loses weight. And, former fitness model Nicole says she has gone from one extreme to another in the weight spectrum and hates what she looks like now. How can these guests finally get off the weight loss rollercoaster and find a return to health? Are you motivated to turn your weight loss vision into a reality?
(Original Airdate: December 2, 2014)

Wednesday
Should They Kick Him Out?

David and Lori say they are fed up with their 26-year-old son, Christopher, who they say was once a model child but is now lazy, unmotivated and still living at home. The parents say Christopher is a total slob who can’t hold a steady job, drinks and smokes pot and doesn’t even take the proper steps to manage his diabetes. Christopher says he gets annoyed at his parents constantly telling him what to do and would like to be living on his own, but his part-time, minimum-wage job doesn’t cut it. So, why isn’t he looking for additional work? Dr. Phil delivers a dose of reality -- especially to Christopher’s parents, who admit they make life quite comfortable for their son. Are they helping him or contributing to his failure to launch? And, how can Christopher get his life back on track?
(Original Airdate: October 17, 2014)

Thursday
New Year Mama Drama

Gabriel says his mom, Linda, is crazy, intrusive, "religious to the extreme" and causes so much drama that he and his wife, Suzanne, avoid her at all costs in fear of what she’ll do next. They say Linda constantly accuses Gabriel of stealing and using drugs and not only meddles in their relationship, but she also shows up at their home uninvited -- sometimes in the middle of the night -- just to check up on them. Linda calls herself the "Queen Bee" and says she’s not prying, she’s just trying to create a happy family -- but is she pushing her loved ones away? Can Linda learn to respect boundaries? And, will this family find the peace they’re hoping for? Plus, Dr. Phil explains the "Why Lie" that he says Linda is hiding behind and helps her face reality. And, tune in to learn how to tear down the barriers and begin to live with no fear in the New Year!
(Original Airdate: January 2, 2013)

Friday
"Our Dad Left Our Dying Mother for a Woman Who Claims to Be a Kennedy Heir"

Trisha and Danielle say they are furious with their father, Ron, who they say abandoned their dying mother -- his wife of 30 years -- to plan a wedding with an alleged Kennedy heiress he met online. The daughters are convinced "Misty Kennedy" is really a catfish, and they want to open their father’s eyes. But Ron says despite never having met "Misty" in person, he believes his fiancée is the real deal and the love of his life. Dr. Phil brings everyone together in search of answers. Who is "Misty Kennedy"?
(Original Airdate: October 6, 2014)

New episodes are starting again.

January 5 - January 9, 2015

Monday
Mom vs. Dad: Who is Responsible for Their Daughter's Big Relapse?

When 24-year-old Andee last met with Dr. Phil more than a year ago, she was struggling with drug addiction -- and her parents, Pam and Ed, were at odds, blaming each other. Pam claimed her ex-husband, Ed, was an alcoholic who enabled Andee by giving her money for drugs, while Ed accused Pam of treating their daughter like a child. Dr. Phil gave the parents specific instructions on what their next steps should be, and Andee went straight to rehab after the show taping. Did Pam and Ed follow his advice? Andee says she completed 90 days of rehab but later relapsed and is now desperately in need of Dr. Phil’s help once again. With her parents still pointing the finger at each other, who really is responsible for Andee’s downward spiral? And, Andee says she recently moved across the country to live with her new boyfriend -- is he enabling her? Dr. Phil has words of warning for the couple. Is Andee finally ready to commit to staying clean?

Tuesday
"Get off My Back about My Body"

It’s a new year -- are you ready for a new you? Nicole says she wants to lose weight but says her "fitness freak" husband, George, has no compassion or empathy for her struggles, and his intense, drill-sergeant ways aren’t helping. George says Nicole is her own biggest obstacle to losing weight -- he says she’s lazy, makes excuses and gives up too easily -- and all his efforts to help her have only strained their relationship. How can he motivate his wife? And, Dominique says she knows she needs to lose weight but says her mom, JoAnn, won’t stop nagging her about it. Could JoAnn be sabotaging her daughter with her constant comments? Then, Charles says ever since his identical twin brother, Adam, lost 90 pounds, he has become an arrogant jerk who loves to embarrass Charles about his body. Adam says his brother resents him for getting healthier and needs a serious wake-up call about his weight. Can these brothers heal their relationship while getting to a healthier place?

Wednesday
"My Mother is a Menace! She is Controlling My Daughter with Her Money and Turning Her against Me"

Rachel says her mother, Dixie, is "controlling, narcissistic and pure evil" and has turned her 18-year-old daughter, Abbie, against her. She says Dixie is buying her daughter’s loyalty and affection and claims that’s the only reason Abbie chooses to live with her grandmother. Rachel -- who hasn’t spoken to Dixie in eight months -- admits she was a party girl when she was younger and often wasn’t around for Abbie, but she insists she has changed. How can she repair her relationship with her mother and her daughter? Dixie says she doesn’t trust that Rachel is really a changed woman, and she feels Abbie is better off living with her. What does Abbie have to say about her living situation -- and her relationship with her mother? Dr. Phil reunites the three generations. Can they hit the reset button and move forward in a peaceful, healthy way?

Thursday
"Dr. Phil, Save My Family"

Allen and Cheryl say their 9-year-old son, Steve, is terrorizing their family. They say he has threatened to harm his siblings multiple times, tells his teachers that he wants to blow up his family’s home and shows no empathy for others or remorse for his bad behavior. They say Steve has been diagnosed with 18 mental illnesses and has been placed in three mental hospitals in the last year alone, but nothing seems to help for long. The parents turn to Dr. Phil for answers. What’s at the root of Steve’s bad behavior? Cheryl’s mother and two sisters say they believe the boy is overmedicated and under-parented -- and they say Cheryl’s blog about her parenting challenges is also a cause for concern. How does Cheryl respond? Then, Dr. Phil sits down with Steve for a one-on-one conversation. Does he see room for change? And, world-renowned child clinical psychologist Dr. Alan Kazdin shares a suggested plan for changing behavior in the child -- and the parents. How can Allen and Cheryl regain a peaceful, healthy family?

Friday
300 Women and Counting: "My Brother is Addicted to Everything, and It’s All My Mom’s Fault"

Ashley says she is desperate to get help for her older brother, Justin, 32, who she says is addicted to everything -- including sex, alcohol and pain pills. Justin admits he has slept with at least 300 women and struggles with substance abuse, but he blames his mother, Laura, for his problems -- which he claims stem from his rocky childhood. Laura admits she wasn’t the best mother to Justin, whom she had when she was only 18, at times prioritizing men and partying over parenting. She also says she has a history of being involved in abusive relationships, which her children witnessed. Still, she thinks Justin needs to get over the past and stop making excuses for his own bad behavior. Dr. Phil sits down with the family in search of a resolution -- and has some tough questions for everyone involved. Is there a family legacy that needs to be broken? Will Laura finally accept the role she plays in Justin’s struggles? And, can Justin -- who is now a parent himself -- commit to getting clean and getting his life back on track?

In case you missed yesterday's show, Doc P$ill was promoting his new book "The 20/20 Diet", that just went on sale today.  I lost count, maybe 20 times he repeated this, no maybe 25, no maybe 40......anyways, to make matters worse, that poor audience, who must have had migraines and thought "I came to L.A. to see this crap", got a copy of the book.  Yippppeee, I can burn it after I leave!

And Doc was so generous, he's helping everyone of his guests with his new diet and check in with them later.  Yeah right, he was chomping at the bit to do this episode to bore us with the book promo.  Wow, isn't he wonderful?  

Oh and, you can also download it as an app,  Strange though, Jay the publisher wasn't mentioned, yet the camera at one point went to Robin....smile Robin.

• Love 2

He needs to read his own book and go on that diet he's promoting. Hopefully this venture into weight loss advice and etc. will end up like the last time with a lawsuit. 

• Love 1

He needs to read his own book and go on that diet he's promoting. Hopefully this venture into weight loss advice and etc. will end up like the last time with a lawsuit. 

I'm unfamiliar with that.  Care to elaborate, or have a link?

Yeah that diet show/book ad was ridiculous.  As far as the brothers, one was more morbidly obese than the other but I don't think Shill said anything to the criticizer about how he should be the last person to mind another person's weight.  And did you see the picture of the bigger brother with his kid?  Looks like the poor thing is starving.  Shill hauled out tables full of fat, salt and sugar he eats in a year and once again I marvel at how expensive it must be to maintain 500 lbs.

Shill can please stop his stupid monster screen gimmicks already.  This time he had the baffled mother come up to the screen and start reading her insults in front of a picture of her daughter, which was all set up to shatter in segments after each comment.  Ugh.

I only watch this terrible show maybe weekly.  The last one I saw Shill had a woman who was involved in killing her friend 30 years ago when they were teenagers and she had been released from jail in the last couple of years.  Shill tried to hard to confront her and get a rise out of her but she stuck to the facts and it didn't work.  I have no idea what the point of that show was but Shill opened it up with demanding "where are the parents!" and kids killing their friends becoming an epidemic,  Mind you this is a 30 year old murder. 

I skipped this show because of the topic, I knew it would be one big sales pitch. I went on Amazon to read the reviews.  They were all written before the book came out so clearly they are publisher driven. The reviewers were probably sent advance copies with the agreement they would write about it favorably.  No one mentioned the 20 foods yet all talked about the format and number of days in each phase. The text was almost identical in each review.   There hasn't been enough time for anyone to have actually done the damn diet.  

I am shocked that Phil did not go on this himself.  The best advertisement for this book would have been to watch him lose weight over the course of weeks as we watch his show.  

• Love 4

Another All New Week of Shows

January 12th - 15th

Monday
Wild Behavior Caught on Camera

From "fist fights" gone viral to the so-called "fire challenge," Dr. Phil looks at the troubling trend of wild behaviors being videotaped and posted online for the world to see. First, hear from 27-year-old Catherine, who says she was attacked by a former co-worker while bystanders watched and recorded -- but did nothing to help. Then, Emily, 15, became an Internet sensation after she was recorded throwing a shovel at another girl, during a fight. Hear why she says all the attention has changed her life. And, meet the classmate who was behind the camera -- why didn’t he stop recording and step in? Then, Dr. Phil talks to a young man who lit himself on fire in hopes of gaining video views -- hear his strong warning for others. Plus, Lisa and Tom say their 15-year-old daughter, Katie, is a violent "mean girl," and they fear she’ll end up in a fight video -- or worse. What’s at the root of her behavior? Dr. Phil has a special challenge for Katie and six other teens who say they have experiences with bullying. Tune in to see this social experiment!

Tuesday
Pretty, Young and Violent

In part one of a special two-part series, meet seven teenage girls who say they have either been victims of bullying or have been bullies themselves. One girl says she was punched in the face by a classmate; another was accused of sending harassing text messages to a former friend, who eventually took her own life; and another says she is just too pretty for other girls to like her. The teens, who have never met, and their mothers head to The Dr. Phil House for a special retreat. But before the work can even begin, the drama kicks into high gear when a group activity goes awry! Plus, Dr. Phil sits down with the girls. How do the alleged bullies of the group explain their behavior? And, will they have a change of heart? Plus, don’t miss Part 2, Wednesday!

Wednesday
Standing Up to Mean Girls

Yesterday, seven teenage girls, each with a different story about bullying, were picked to spend three days together in The Dr. Phil House. Today, Dr. Phil continues his work as he sits down with the girls’ mothers -- how much do they really know about their daughters? One mom says she is spread too thin to keep up with her daughter’s social life -- is she hiding from the truth? Dr. Phil has important advice for these mothers and for all parents of teens on how they can stop the bullying and help their children move forward. Then, when a house rule gets broken, how will everyone respond? Plus, don’t miss Dr. Phil’s must-hear advice for dealing with "mean girls" -- and how victims of bullying can take back their power.

Thursday
"Why is My Mom Faking Cancer?"

Jessica says her mother, Patricia, claims she is defying the odds by becoming a record-setting weight lifter while simultaneously battling Stage 3 brain cancer. But Jessica insists her mother isn’t sick at all and that she is lying about her health to gain sympathy and attention. She says Patricia has been spinning stories about various medical ailments for as long as she can remember -- and it’s time to come clean. Patricia strongly denies her daughter’s accusations and insists her diagnosis and incredible survival story are real. Why does she claim Jessica is out to get her? Emotions run high when mother and daughter meet on Dr. Phil’s stage. Do Patricia’s claims hold up? And, can this mother and daughter repair their fractured relationship?

Friday
A Teen Admits to Killing His 11-Year-Old Brother: Who is Really to Blame?

In July 2013, 11-year-old Terry "Juju" Smith Jr. was found dead in a shallow grave near his home in California -- just days after he was left alone with his then 16-year-old half-brother, Skylor, who later admitted to killing the boy. Their mother, Shawna, insists Juju’s death was an accident and vehemently denies her ex-husband, Terry Sr.’s, accusation that she helped cover up the crime. Dr. Phil brings the parents together in search of answers. What happened to Juju? And, why does Terry Sr. believe Shawna should be held liable? Shawna claims her ex-husband is trying to capitalize on their son’s death and rehash issues from their bitter divorce by suing her for gross negligence -- how does he respond? Plus, hear a letter from Skylor, who is currently serving up to six years in a juvenile facility. Find out why he says he’s not “a monster.”

Edited by Jaded

Watching the Tuesday Mean Girls show.  One of the moms just confessed her little darling psycho is dating a 47 year old man.  Her daughter is 16.  She seems nonplussed by any of it, and obviously she has been a lousy parent.  That said, isn't Dr. Phil & the psychologists he brings on all mandated reporters??? Can't they (shouldn't they) intervene and call CPS to look into that? Holy smokes! 

I think one of the biggest problems with all the cyber bullying and plain old bad behavior is because of social media.  These kids have all grown up in the age of reality TV.  Everybody can be famous even if it's because they do something stupid.  It gets posted to FB or You Tube and they think they are stars.  They count their worth in how many "likes" or followers they have.  It's all surface and no depth.

• Love 4

The young girl who is dating the 47 year old is taking too much time away from the other kids.   Her behavior is so extreme that nothing will come from this format for her.  She needs to go to one of the places Phil knows for wayward teens.  She is way beyond just a mean girl. 

It reminds me of an old Sally Jesse Raphael show.  The subject matter was self image and girls who considered themselves ugly were the guests.  The problem, one of the girls had a severe deformity.  It squelched the entire point of the show.  All the unattractive girls just shut down and did not want to talk about themselves in the company of this unfortunately deformed girl.  You could tell that the minute the show wrapped Sally was going to rip the producer, who cast this show, to shreds and show her the door. 

• Love 2

Another All New Week of Shows with Jerry Springer titles.

January 19th - 23rd

Monday
15 and a Teenage Terror

Vicki says she is desperate for help for her out-of-control 15-year-old daughter, Josie. She says her daughter has been kicked out of school, steals, drinks, uses drugs, has been caught sneaking boys into her bedroom and is facing battery and runaway charges. Josie admits she doesn’t like being told no but says, “Every teenager makes mistakes.” Dr. Phil has some tough questions for Vicki. Is this a case of a bad teen, bad parenting or something else? And, Dr. Phil talks to Josie about how her choices now could affect her future. Will she be inspired to make some positive changes?

Tuesday
"My Parents Won’t Accept My Controlling Pastor Husband"

It has been more than eight years since Sarah married her pastor husband, Jason, but she says her parents, Bill and Laura, won’t accept him and won’t stop meddling in her marriage -- and she’s tired of being caught in the middle. Bill and Laura say they have good reason to interfere -- they claim Jason is controlling, verbally abusive and is just using Sarah to keep up his image in the church community. Jason admits he can be overbearing and "a jerk" at times, but he insists he loves his wife and children and says Bill and Laura are the real problem. Emotions run high when these feuding in-laws face each other on Dr. Phil’s stage. Have Bill and Laura overstepped their bounds? Are they justified in their concerns? Plus, don’t miss Part 2 Wednesday! Tensions boil even higher when Jason’s parents join the conversation. What do they say about this union?

Wednesday

"Who Am I Married to: My Man or My Mother?"
Dr. Phil continues his discussion with Sarah, who says she has been in caught in a tug-of-war between her pastor husband, Jason, and her parents, Bill and Laura, who have disapproved of Jason for nearly a decade. Bill and Laura claim Jason is controlling and abusive and say Sarah needs to leave him. Jason says he may not be perfect, but his in-laws are impossible! Today, for the first time since the wedding, Sarah’s parents come face to face with Jason’s parents, Doug and Melodie, who defend their son. Can Dr. Phil ease the tension and help these families move forward? Then, newlyweds Bobby and Felicia say they are at their wits’ end living under the same roof as Felicia’s "meddling, drama queen" mother, Randee. What’s more, the couple claims Randee is putting their special needs daughter at risk by selling pain pills out of their home! How does Randee respond? Dr. Phil doesn’t mince words with the group -- will all of the adults involved accept accountability?

Thursday

"My Family Doesn’t Know I’m a College-Aged Sugar Baby"
Michelle, 23, says she moved out of state, and her family thinks she is attending a prestigious university and working a retail job. But in reality, she is making a living as a sugar baby -- a young woman who dates older men and is pampered with money and perks. Michelle says she has received more than $80,000 in cash, lavish gifts and trips -- and she says she believes it’s an honest living, because she doesn’t sleep with men for money. When Michelle reveals her secret to her brother and father, how will they react? And, Michelle says she hopes to become an attorney one day -- could her sugar baby lifestyle affect her career aspirations? Plus, a few months ago, Ashley revealed to her then-fiancé, Cesar, that she had been a sugar baby throughout their engagement -- did he call off the wedding? Tune in to learn the surprising twist that happened after the show!

Friday

What Happened to Tempest?: Standing Up to Mean Girls
Last week, in Part 1 of a special series, seven teenage girls, each with a different story about bullying, were picked to spend three days together in The Dr. Phil House. Today, Dr. Phil continues his work as he sits down with the girls’ mothers -- how much do they really know about their daughters? One mom says she is spread too thin to keep up with her daughter’s social life -- is she hiding from the truth? Dr. Phil has important advice for these mothers and for all parents of teens on how they can stop the bullying and help their children move forward. Then, when a house rule gets broken, how will everyone respond? Plus, don’t miss Dr. Phil’s must-hear advice for dealing with “mean girls” -- and how victims of bullying can take back their power.

Controlling Pastor Husband - I think a lot of the problems this generation has, and my parents generation didn't have, is that expectation that your Family is composed of your parents and siblings even when you're old enough to be in the same elderly care facility.  "Kids" just can't get away from their own parents to be parents themselves, and concentrate on that.  You can try to move across the continent but they can still catch up to you with Facebook and Skype.

Sure, Laura was all in Sarah's business, and way too deep, but Sarah is encouraging it.  Instead of trying to get support from her overbearing and controlling parents to deal with her overbearing and controlling husband, she should see a therapist, or vent with her peers.  If she calls her mother to moan about her sex life and her husband's behavior, what does she expect will happen?

I believe in generation separation.  Keep some distance.

I am addicted to reruns of this show on OWN. Right now it's a teen mom episode. Of course the 16 year (Emily) old wants to have the baby and play house, even though she has no job and the boyfriend disappeared. Emily's mother is ok with her keeping the baby, and the stepfather is totally against it. Hell, even the 12 year old sister thinks it's a dumb idea. Obviously you can't force her to have an abortion or give the baby up, yet once the baby is born agencies like CPS can step in and take the child away anyway if Emily doesn't step up, or if the family kicks her out or whatever. They keep talking about what the teen wants, but Dr. Phil is right....what about what is best for the baby? Nobody mentioned that.

Of course Emily is failing Dr. Phil's baby cost quiz miserably. Girl doesn't even know what a co-pay is. Good lord.

And really, why is no one shaking down the boyfriend who knocked her up? It irritates me that the guys are allowed to just walk away and pretend it never happened, and the girls are totally ok with this. They just wanna play house with a cute baby.

• Love 1

I am addicted to reruns of this show on OWN. Right now it's a teen mom episode. Of course the 16 year (Emily) old wants to have the baby and play house, even though she has no job and the boyfriend disappeared. Emily's mother is ok with her keeping the baby, and the stepfather is totally against it. Hell, even the 12 year old sister thinks it's a dumb idea. Obviously you can't force her to have an abortion or give the baby up, yet once the baby is born agencies like CPS can step in and take the child away anyway if Emily doesn't step up, or if the family kicks her out or whatever. They keep talking about what the teen wants, but Dr. Phil is right....what about what is best for the baby? Nobody mentioned that.

Of course Emily is failing Dr. Phil's baby cost quiz miserably. Girl doesn't even know what a co-pay is. Good lord.

And really, why is no one shaking down the boyfriend who knocked her up? It irritates me that the guys are allowed to just walk away and pretend it never happened, and the girls are totally ok with this. They just wanna play house with a cute baby.

Watching that shit right now, Fliptopbox! Emily is dead from the neck up! I'm so addicted as well.  

• Love 1

So what happened with Emily and baby? 

Dr. Shill has a habit of having his patients disappear without even a quick "and they all lived happily ever after" or "They're doing well, and continuing to work on yadda, yadda, yadda".

The only time I recall him bringing back guests is if they're still spiraling out of control and he has a few new 'friends' to trot out who might be able to help.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 1

Controlling Pastor Husband - I think a lot of the problems this generation has, and my parents generation didn't have, is that expectation that your Family is composed of your parents and siblings even when you're old enough to be in the same elderly care facility.  "Kids" just can't get away from their own parents to be parents themselves, and concentrate on that.  You can try to move across the continent but they can still catch up to you with Facebook and Skype.

Sure, Laura was all in Sarah's business, and way too deep, but Sarah is encouraging it.  Instead of trying to get support from her overbearing and controlling parents to deal with her overbearing and controlling husband, she should see a therapist, or vent with her peers.  If she calls her mother to moan about her sex life and her husband's behavior, what does she expect will happen?

I believe in generation separation.  Keep some distance.

Amen, Toaster Strudel!

Well, Dr. P. WILL call CPS on the second idiots on today's show. Dumbasses.

Yes, he made that clear.  Unless backstage he was able to convince them if they moved out within X amount of time (very little), he would not call today.  He will follow up on that, too.  

The minute she said "I'll do what I can,"  I knew what was coming next.  

• Love 1

Yes, he made that clear.  Unless backstage he was able to convince them if they moved out within X amount of time (very little), he would not call today.  He will follow up on that, too.  

The minute she said "I'll do what I can,"  I knew what was coming next.

Me too. Does he have to look far and wide for the imbeciles on his show or is this the norm in America today?
  • Love 2

Please tell me that "seekingarrangements.com" as a website where someone will send me cash to take me out for dinner doesn't exist... I'll kick myself for not having this when I was young.

Methinks there is more to this than the "ladies" care to admit.

Who are the cretins that gave their son a gift of a car and put it in their sister's name to "build her credit?"  Morons.

• Love 3

My suspicion is that Phil doesn't do an 'update' show because there's no good news to update.  He may spend enormous sums of money, but most of these folks are in the category of an old joke I once heard:

How many psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Three.  but only if the lightbulb really wants to change.

That's the crux of it - many people are happy to be in their misery and wouldn't take a chance to get out of it even if fully paid because their misery is their purpose in life.  Sorry, but that's the reality of it, as cynical as it may be.

• Love 3

I don't really understand why Dr. Phil and his audience were getting so riled up about that girl taking money/accepting lavish gifts from wealthy men while going on dates. He kept trying to spin it to the audience like she is a prostitute, but she maintained she only sleeps with men if she wants to - if they have chemistry, like any other adult situation. Which I can understand, and it isn't like being a hooker, they are not paying her for automatically expected sex. There may not even be sex. To me, from listening to her point of view, it's basically the same as extremely generous dating. And if a man wants to pay your rent or give you a designer purse and he can afford it....why not? I think it's just because of the terms "sugar baby" or "sugar daddy" that implies mal-intent or sleaze. If she were in a string of "regular" relationships with wealthy men no one would be batting an eye. They might call her a golddigger, but that's still not the same as a prostitute. I think it's more admirable that both she and the man are up-front enough about it to see it for what it is, and that it benefits both parties. Obviously a romantic relationship could develop from these arrangements, but that's not initially what is expected. If I lived in a more metro area I'd at least consider it, haha. Too bad there aren't many (if any) generous wealthy men in my little bumblefuck corner of the world.

I see it on the same level as stripping. Most people don't agree with it, and wouldn't choose to do it themselves...but that doesn't make it wrong. And generally it's a temporary thing, such as most women don't commit to a lifelong career as a stripper.

• Love 2

She got some free advertising.  I bet the traffic on her site went way up that day!  She just may get some clients from this appearance.   This may have even been her plan all along.   And I say, great idea!  

• Love 1

So? She's an adult and can do whatever she wants, which includes sleeping with the man (or men) who pays her rent if she chooses. I don't see it as that big of a deal. It wasn't like she was trying to recruit or entice anyone into her lifestyle, and it isn't hurting anyone. If she's single (and she said she was) and she wasn't forced or coerced then who cares? It might come off as sketchy to most people, but I don't think she's terribly worried about that if she's on Dr. Phil broadcasting it to the world.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 3

Another week of new shows...

January 26 - January 30, 2015

Monday
Parental Alienation or Runaway Sisters: "Help Me Find My Daughters"

Brian says he has been living a parent’s worst nightmare since last July, when his teenage daughters, Sydney, 15, and Danielle, 14, vanished while visiting their mother, Michelle, for the summer. Two weeks later, Michelle also disappeared, and Brian, who has full legal custody of the girls, says he believes his ex-wife is hiding them. But Brian’s oldest daughter, Brittany, 19, says she believes the girls ran away so they wouldn’t have to live with Brian, who she claims is overbearing, controlling and abusive -- accusations Brian firmly denies. Dr. Phil brings this father and daughter together for the first time in almost a year in search of answers. Plus, hear from Michelle’s brother, Troy, who says he has twice received videos of Sydney and Danielle. Does he have any idea where they -- or Michelle -- might be? And, see a brand-new video of the girls specifically addressing Dr. Phil. What do they say about the situation? Can Dr. Phil help get to the bottom of this mystery?

Tuesday
"I'm Scared of My Sister’s Boyfriend": Is He a Danger to Her Children?

Tracy says she is desperate for her sister, Shelly, to dump her boyfriend, Jason, who Tracy believes may have sexually abused Shelly’s two granddaughters -- an accusation Jason and Shelly vehemently deny. Shelly adopted the girls, ages 7 and 9, and is raising them as her own, because she says her daughter, Roxy, was an unfit mother. Both Shelly and Jason claim Roxy has coached and bribed the girls to lie about being abused in hopes of regaining custody. Dr. Phil brings all the players in this family drama together in search of answers. Was there actually abuse, or just twisted lies? Roxy is adamant that she did not fabricate the accusations against Jason and says she can’t believe her mother is defending him. Do journal entries from Roxy’s 7-year-old daughter reveal anything? Plus, hear from Shelly’s 16-year-old son -- what does he say the girls told him? And, where can this family go from here? Dr. Phil weighs in -- who does he think should have custody?

Wednesday
Shocking Viral Video: Teen Says, "If Your Boyfriend Hits You, It's a Sign of Love"

Eighteen-year-old video blogger Romina sparked outrage after she made a video telling her many social media followers that if their boyfriend hits them, it’s a "sign of love." Romina says she’s a role model to her 153,000 fans -- but does she realize the danger of the message she’s sending? And, after hearing a domestic violence survivor’s harrowing story, will she change her mind? Plus, Jessica, 26, made headlines in 2011 when she accused an ex-boyfriend of abusing her, stalking her and even setting fire to her mother’s house. But then, Jessica admitted she fabricated evidence, including letters and phone calls, and even confessed to starting the fire -- though she now claims her confession was coerced. After spending a year behind bars for public mischief and criminal harassment, Jessica is speaking out. Did she set her house on fire? And, why would she lie to police? Plus, while in prison, Jessica says she fell in love with a convicted torturer, who is currently serving an indefinite sentence. How does she say her mother, Barb, facilitated the romance -- and why? And, can Jessica learn to make better choices in men?

Thursday
From Top TV Newscaster to Drunken Mom

Christi says she was once a three-time Emmy-winning TV news reporter at the top of her career, but her struggle with alcohol addiction has now left her jobless, sleeping in bushes and estranged from her two adult daughters, Heather and Haleigh. Christi says her downward spiral began in 2010, when she became addicted to Oxycodone after a car accident. She says she hasn’t touched pills in years but admits she now drinks three or four nights a week, sometimes calling her daughters and leaving nasty voicemails. Christi says she knows she has a problem and is desperate to get her life back on track. But is she really ready to be totally honest? Emotions run high when Christi and her daughters are reunited for the first time in more than two years on Dr. Phil’s stage. Heather says her mother is a “con artist” who has struggled with drinking and drugs since Heather was a teen, and she wrote her off a long time ago. Will she be open to giving Christi another chance? And, where does Haleigh stand? Plus, when offered a chance to get sober, will Christi accept?

Friday
Gorgeous, Violent, Raging and a Very Unsweet 16

Tom is the chief of police in his small town and says his 16-year-old niece, Kristi, is the cause of as many as four 911 calls every week. Her family says she is angry and violent, refuses to go to school, smokes marijuana and has no respect for authority. Kristi’s parents, Ann and Mike, admit they’ve lost control of their daughter and say her rages are so frightening, they lock their bedroom door at night and sleep with a baseball bat nearby for protection. Ann says she feels like a hostage in her own house and has even offered her daughter $100 a month to move out. What’s behind the teen’s outrageous behavior? And, will this family have the courage to accept Dr. Phil’s offer of help?

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

Jessica: her diabolical, incarcerated boyfriend should be warned against her... they're a good match.  And the mom facilitating meetings with this jailbird version of Romeo and Juliet, and now wanting Dr $hil to separate them?  Oh! The stupidity.  Did she think this was going to "restore her reputation?"  Nope nope nope.  All the nopes.  It's never her fault.  She burned out half her house on purpose but it's still not her fault.

Romina: Is this woman a masochist?  She says she loves it when her boyfriend beats her up, but I think she loves it when everybody gives her a verbal beat down on youtube for her vapid videos.  She is begging the whole world to knock some sense into her.  Here's a tip for you, Romina, if you're into this stuff: safe, sane and consensual.  And keep it with your partner, don't drag the public into your perversion.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 2

So? She's an adult and can do whatever she wants, which includes sleeping with the man (or men) who pays her rent if she chooses. I don't see it as that big of a deal. It wasn't like she was trying to recruit or entice anyone into her lifestyle, and it isn't hurting anyone. If she's single (and she said she was) and she wasn't forced or coerced then who cares? It might come off as sketchy to most people, but I don't think she's terribly worried about that if she's on Dr. Phil broadcasting it to the world.

She can do what she wants, but I was annoyed that Dr. Phil never called her out on her crap. That web site is for high paid prostitution arrangements made to look like Sugar Daddy dates. Its been reported that 40% of the men on that site are married. She can do what she wants, but she's a prostitute, and Dr. Phil should have come right out and said it. He's been way harsher with other people, so I don't know why he was so easy on her.

• Love 4

Today's raging teenager?  I blame the parents.  Yes.  Yes I do.

I get that some nice parents will spawn some hellions, just like some shitty parents will spawn normal people.

But these were shitty parents and they are responsible for what they have created.

You could really see the resentment the daughter had for her mother over the affair she had.

Maybe they could send the parents to the ranch and the daughter could work on emancipating herself.

Her parents were awful.

• Love 1

The daughter was a sociopath, innate or manufactured.  She tried to make herself look entirely blameless and like butter would melt in her mouth.  There were a few tell-tale flashes of temper that even she couldn't keep under control.

No kid gets to talk to me like that.  Absolutely not.

• Love 1

I don't watch Dr. Phil very much at all - just happened across it as this episode began and got sucked in. My question is - is there anyplace on his website that provides an update on how this family might be doing? I know I know - I could go there and look it up myself but I'm feeling lazy!

The daughter was a sociopath, innate or manufactured.  She tried to make herself look entirely blameless and like butter would melt in her mouth.  There were a few tell-tale flashes of temper that even she couldn't keep under control.

No kid gets to talk to me like that.  Absolutely not.

Not without playing 32 pickup with her teeth. Not in my house.

• Love 1