Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, DAthene said:

but what solidified it for me...and this is why I believe those who cite a toxic lack of morale behind the scenes, was watching KShara putting her last sticker on Lily   She was clearly so nervous and so careful in choosing her words and so uncomfortable being honest that I actually said in that moment out loud that she would be retiring if she knew VK was coming back   When she put up that last sticker, she was actually bracing herself.  You can see it in her body language  

Kashara wasn't afraid, though, to say something about Vic's behavior.  Maybe she was nervous about the sticker because she really was torn about who to give the last one to.  Of course I'm also not one who thinks body language is useful at all, so take me with a big ol' grain of salt LOL.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I'm guessing she didn't make SG. IMHO some of the posters on the 2 FB groups don't always get their facts right.

I thought the question was asked/discussed here last year and a poster said Sunni Cranfill made SG in season 3 but was cut in TC. I don't know if that's true or not. However Sunni did come back and made the team in season 4 (I don't think she was in SG).

Posters on FB seem to get mixed up about things often. Taylor didn’t make SG last year or at least it wasn’t shown on the show if she did. They did talk with Amber because they had concerns she had made SG and but they didn’t feel completely comfortable about sending her out after how she did. I believe Amber did stay on SG. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

There’s a reason Kash isn’t an all-star. Girl had some good years but now is DONE with the drama.

I'm thinking it has a lot to do with her being done with being below her comfortable weight.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Maybe some but there not on All Stars like the are actually DCC on weight. 

So they don't have to still be able to fit into their uniforms?  I always assumed they did.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DAthene said:

Every year Kelli has a favorite that she keeps until there is nowhere to go but out. She does try to give some every chance

It's such a waste of time when her "favorite" gets called out in every episode or by guest choreographers.  I think it was Season 5, and Kitty called her out on trying to hold on to certain ones.  Kelli needs to focus on ALL the TCC rookies.

2 hours ago, DAthene said:

but what solidified it for me...and this is why I believe those who cite a toxic lack of morale behind the scenes, was watching KShara putting her last sticker on Lily   She was clearly so nervous and so careful in choosing her words and so unc

It must be hard to be a GL and have to constantly work with someone who just isn't getting it, but because they are Kelli's pick that year, you have to spend that extra time with them.  Or even Breelan, whether she was Kelli's pick or Melissa's, and you know she really isn't doing well.  I just re-watched her rookie season, and she is as frustrating as Malena - you really notice when you watch a whole season at once.

She was afraid and nervous. There’s a reason Kash isn’t an all-star. Girl had some good years but now is DONE with the drama.

I bet that was the case with a lot of girls thru the years.  They probably just get tired of the politics, favoritism, behind the scenes stuff, and yes, all the drama.

1 hour ago, KatieC said:

Posters on FB seem to get mixed up about things often. 

That's one of the reasons I left both groups.  It was easy to see how a lot of misinformation/rumors got started

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/3/2019 at 3:10 PM, Loves2Dance said:
On 7/3/2019 at 3:02 PM, Holly85 said:

Meredith was already cut 

When? I know we talked about her lackluster SG audition, but a confirmed cut hadn't happened that I knew of...is this, like official? 

@Loves2Dance Meredith has not been cut.

Rookies:
Alexandra Pena @alexandra.micaa (reported cut)
Amanda Dilks @amandadilks (Philly Flyers) (Show Group)
Ashley Hancock @ashleyahancock (DMD) (reported cut) 
Bret McCall Lindley @bret_mccall (49ers) (reported cut)

Chandi Dayle  @chandidayle (UofAZ pom)
Gina Marie Campagna @ginamariecampagna (reported cut)
Julia Fife @juliafife (DMD)
Kat Puryear @katpurr (Charlotte Hornets)
Kelcey Wetterburg @kelceywetterberg (Nebraska) (Show Group)
Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 (Ice Angels)
Lauren Ligon @lauren_ligon (TCU Showgirl) (reported cut)
Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 (University of Kentucky)
Lisa Mills @lisa_mills (DMD)
Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace (OCU)
Meredith Madden @meredithmadden
Shaina Grace @shainagrace (LSU Goldgengirl)
Taylor Pedersen @tay_pedersen (Suns Dancer)
Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina (TC last year) (Show Group)

Edited by Squeek
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Maybe some but there not on All Stars like the are actually DCC on weight. 

So they don't have to still be able to fit into their uniforms?  I always assumed they did.

They have to fit their uniforms and be at a DCC acceptable weight.  Kash was in uniform in Studio City with the All-Stars so I believe the choice was hers' not be on the AS team.  Also, Shelly B said "there were reasons for the members being picked" or something to that effect which leads me to believe there's something up.  I don't believe it has anything to do with Kash's weight though.

• Love 8
On 7/4/2019 at 9:23 AM, Jennv said:

Jalyn was my favorite rookie last year. I really hope the sg audition is covered and a reason for her not making it is given. I also hope she does not quit nor get cut from the final team.

Jalyn was my favorite rookie as well last year. Even if she had an "off" day, I will never, ever believe that she was cut from SG due to her dancing.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:08 PM, SmpIsimon said:

I'll be interested to see if they show the (undoctored) announcement of Victoria making show group.  I've been told that it was a very awkward moment with many stunned and disgusted faces.  In contrast, Victoria didn't seem the least bit surprised.

Hey Siri, set an alarm for when MTT shows an undoctored scene for the announcement of Victoria making SG. Siri replies, "Setting alarm for never."

22 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

There's a reason Jalyn didn't make SG.  

Let me guess... She didn't kiss the ring?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, Squeek said:

@Loves2Dance Meredith has not been cut.

Rookies:
Alexandra Pena @alexandra.micaa (reported cut)
Amanda Dilks @amandadilks (Philly Flyers) (Show Group)
Ashley Hancock @ashleyahancock (DMD) (reported cut) 
Bret McCall Lindley @bret_mccall (49ers) (reported cut)

Chandi Dayle  @chandidayle (UofAZ pom)
Gina Marie Campagna @ginamariecampagna (reported cut)
Julia Fife @juliafife (DMD)
Kat Puryear @katpurr (Charlotte Hornets)
Kelcey Wetterburg @kelceywetterberg (Nebraska) (Show Group)
Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 (Ice Angels)
Lauren Ligon @lauren_ligon (TCU Showgirl) (reported cut)
Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 (University of Kentucky)
Lisa Mills @lisa_mills (DMD)
Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace (OCU)
Meredith Madden @meredithmadden
Shaina Grace @shainagrace (LSU Goldgengirl)
Taylor Pedersen @tay_pedersen (Suns Dancer)
Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina (TC last year) (Show Group)

So sad...it looks like TC candidate Shaina lost several of her sorority sisters who were in a helicopter crash yesterday.

4 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

According to Judy it’s not an automatic in 

577DB4A6-C378-4A1D-838A-61F0AB0CA39A.jpeg

I feel like a rookie candidate making show group is a given for making the team unless something goes really wrong post SG auditions. Obviously the judges think they’re strong dancers and can see them on the team if they’re being placed into an “elite” group within the team before TC is over.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, KatieC said:

Posters on FB seem to get mixed up about things often. Taylor didn’t make SG last year or at least it wasn’t shown on the show if she did. They did talk with Amber because they had concerns she had made SG and but they didn’t feel completely comfortable about sending her out after how she did. I believe Amber did stay on SG. 

When Sunni was cut that year, she got the “don’t think it’s a fit” talk, so I doubt that she would’ve have made SG.  In those early seasons they did not focus on SG so I can’t go back and watch to be sure.

49 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

So sad...it looks like TC candidate Shaina lost several of her sorority sisters who were in a helicopter crash yesterday.

It’s horrible! Seven people died. Four girls, total of 7 people. Most had just graduated. One girl’s dad’s helicopter went down. Shaina has to be torn up. Terrible day. 

6 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

According to Judy it’s not an automatic in 

577DB4A6-C378-4A1D-838A-61F0AB0CA39A.jpeg

So, they took 17 last year, 18 this year; usually only 12 perform (Shelly said some stages will take 16). Will VK actually ever perform as a show group member?

• Useful 5
19 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

So, they took 17 last year, 18 this year; usually only 12 perform (Shelly said some stages will take 16). Will VK actually ever perform as a show group member?

Probably front and center. 😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

IMO, Momma’s Kelli & Judy are not going to have VK sit out of all appearances because VK had such a rough year and they want to give her a break and make her happy. 😬 Now, they may not send her on events where she needs to speak since she “has no words”. 🤣 Hopefully she took some interview and speaking classes over the last year. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, SingleMom9 said:

Shaina must be devastated. The stress from her sisters' deaths may be more that she can overcome and maintain the needed focus to not be cut from DCC.  Elevated stress hormones can disrupt so many brain and body functions, an at-her-best TCC performance may be beyond what poor Shaina is capable of right now. 😥

(edited)

Chris Cline’s helicopter went down. His daughter Kameron and three of her best friends died, along with her dad and one of his friends. The seventh victim hasn’t been identified yet and they don’t know who was piloting. All four of the girls were recent LSU grads. Poor Shaina. I’m sure she knew some or all of the girls. She has photos of herself with Jill Clarke, one of the victims. 

Cline was a billionaire... made his fortune in coal. We have friends who are very close to his family. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
18 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Chris Cline’s helicopter went down. His daughter Kameron and three of her best friends died, along with her dad and one of his friends. The seventh victim hasn’t been identified yet and they don’t know who was piloting. All four of the girls were recent LSU grads. Poor Shaina. I’m sure she knew some or all of the girls. She has photos of herself with Jill Clarke, one of the victims. 

Cline was a billionaire... made his fortune in coal. We have friends who are very close to his family. 

One girl just grad from WVU. Three were Phi Mu from LSU. No matter where from very sad situation. 

I was thinking today...

How come if its such a strong sisterhood, you don't often see girls who were cut (Tara, Selina, Keyra) with the girls that remain on the squad?  I never see photos or insta stories with these girls posted in them.  I find that odd.  I mean Savannah and Tara were very close friends and you don't see any pictures of her and Tara together on their instagram page. I looked at Tara's and there are zero since she was cut last year.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

I was thinking today...

How come if its such a strong sisterhood, you don't often see girls who were cut (Tara, Selina, Keyra) with the girls that remain on the squad?  I never see photos or insta stories with these girls posted in them.  I find that odd.  I mean Savannah and Tara were very close friends and you don't see any pictures of her and Tara together on their instagram page. I looked at Tara's and there are zero since she was cut last year.

Sydney Durso is good friends with Katherine Dunn who never even made the squad.

I have seen the same thing:  Danielle and Jasmine roomed together and came from NYJ together and Jasmine got cut her fourth year.

Also Brooke Megan F and Stephanie were roomies the year that Meagan F went off the rails (RIP).

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I was thinking today...

Mostly time constraints. DCC has time to hang with DCC. You did see Keyra with a few after they retired and in off season - Cersten, Jenna, Erica, etc. Also don’t remember but not sure if Tara stayed in Dallas. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Mostly time constraints. DCC has time to hang with DCC. You did see Keyra with a few after they retired and in off season - Cersten, Jenna, Erica, etc. Also don’t remember but not sure if Tara stayed in Dallas. 

Yeah, Keyra has some pictures with Cersten on her page now, and Jenna/Erica, Danielle/Jasmine/Alex H seem to still be close friends. I think Caila also seems to stay in touch with a few (and I'm sure others as well that I can't think of offhand). I'm sure when one is a DCC and the other has been cut, there are not only time constraints, but I bet it's a bit awkward as well. 

On a related now, were Tara and Savannah actually really close friends or was it more of a storyline for the show? I really can't remember the backstory on them. (I'm not at all suggesting that they secretly disliked each other or anything like that, but they have been casual friends, and the show built it up to be more for the 'story'). 

The news about the helicopter crash is awful. Hopefully, Shaina gets the support that she needs during this time. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

On a related now, were Tara and Savannah actually really close friends or was it more of a storyline for the show? I really can't remember the backstory on them. (I'm not at all suggesting that they secretly disliked each other or anything like that, but they have been casual friends, and the show built it up to be more for the 'story'). 

The news about the helicopter crash is awful. Hopefully, Shaina gets the support that she needs during this time. 

I think the same with Jasmine and Danielle. They knew each other and were tighter at first in Dallas bc they didn’t really know anybody else. But then after a couple years had become more friends with people they had more in common with. No falling out or anything. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

IMO, Momma’s Kelli & Judy are not going to have VK sit out of all appearances because VK had such a rough year and they want to give her a break and make her happy. 😬 Now, they may not send her on events where she needs to speak since she “has no words”. 🤣 Hopefully she took some interview and speaking classes over the last year. 

Given her tight-lipped silence last year, I don't think Judy is on the VK train. I think she'll toe the company line & not say/do anything anti-VK, but that's all.

• Love 8

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time posting. Just wanted to let you know that I saw some interesting exchanges on Twitter that seem to confirm that the whole "Protect/promote Victoria" edict is in full swing.  I was on CMT's official Twitter page for making the team and there was someone who works in production on Making the Team that was taking on people who were daring to question Victoria's placement on the team. This person was using a lot of the buzzwords that we've been hearing coming out of those affiliated with training camp like "she's been through a lot, she's changed, oh she's only 19, ect." He was just really making the effort to defend her even after someone called him out by saying he wasn't exactly being objective if he did in fact work on the show that has an interest in towing DCC's company line when it comes to Victoria. I tried to get pics of the conversation, but when I signed back on, the tweets were gone so he either deleted them or the person he was tweeting to set their page to private. He seems to be legit because he has a Linkedin profile that lists him as a story producer for last year as well as this year, but that's even more troubling because he should not be getting into it with fans. Anyway, it was interesting to see the Victoria propaganda machine up and running. The guy's Twitter handle is @stalkme69 (seriously) if anyone wants to watch him jump to defend her. As upsetting as it is to see Victoria being pushed forward, it was rather funny watching how he worked to spin things in her favor. Hope everyone is having a Happy 4th of July weekend!

• Useful 10
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Jalyn was my favorite rookie as well last year. Even if she had an "off" day, I will never, ever believe that she was cut from SG due to her dancing.

Let me guess... She didn't kiss the ring?

Ummm that's touch the star! :)

• Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

The guy's Twitter handle is @stalkme69 (seriously) if anyone wants to watch him jump to defend her. As upsetting as it is to see Victoria being pushed forward, it was rather funny watching how he worked to spin things in her favor. 

More insider info "leaking" out for publicity??  Cause like you say, it's strange he's answering this guy.  

12 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

"she's been through a lot, she's changed, oh she's only 19, ect."

Tired of her age being used as an excuse.  If she's too young to be held accountable, perhaps she should try out for Jr DCC.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • LOL 12
  • Love 11
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time posting. Just wanted to let you know that I saw some interesting exchanges on Twitter that seem to confirm that the whole "Protect/promote Victoria" edict is in full swing.  I was on CMT's official Twitter page for making the team and there was someone who works in production on Making the Team that was taking on people who were daring to question Victoria's placement on the team. This person was using a lot of the buzzwords that we've been hearing coming out of those affiliated with training camp like "she's been through a lot, she's changed, oh she's only 19, ect." He was just really making the effort to defend her even after someone called him out by saying he wasn't exactly being objective if he did in fact work on the show that has an interest in towing DCC's company line when it comes to Victoria. I tried to get pics of the conversation, but when I signed back on, the tweets were gone so he either deleted them or the person he was tweeting to set their page to private. He seems to be legit because he has a Linkedin profile that lists him as a story producer for last year as well as this year, but that's even more troubling because he should not be getting into it with fans. Anyway, it was interesting to see the Victoria propaganda machine up and running. The guy's Twitter handle is @stalkme69 (seriously) if anyone wants to watch him jump to defend her. As upsetting as it is to see Victoria being pushed forward, it was rather funny watching how he worked to spin things in her favor. Hope everyone is having a Happy 4th of July weekend!

Hey!  Here's idea, what don't they just rename the show this year "VK MTT? or  "DCCs descent into mediocrity"? or, how about this one "Mutiny on the DCFC?" 

Edited by MTTFan
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

Hi all. Long time lurker finally created a profile to ask a question that’s been driving me bonkers. Can someone explain fully what the Tara/VK conflict was that lead to Tara being cut? Is there a page number I can go back to? I’m going insane trying to figure this out! Thanks in advance everyone 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Amandared said:

Hi all. Long time lurker finally created a profile to ask a question that’s been driving me bonkers. Can someone explain fully what the Tara/VK conflict was that lead to Tara being cut? Is there a page number I can go back to? I’m going insane trying to figure this out! Thanks in advance everyone 

iirc, Tara complained about VK who then went running and tattled to Kelli about it and then next thing we know is Tara gets cut. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria was one of the girls who performed in all of the Show Group bookings (even at the expense of some girls who've been on Show Group longer or were better performers) and got ALL the best or most highly sought after appearances.  After all, she's "had such a tough time of it over the past year".  Too bad this site doesn't have a sarcasm font or that section in parenthesis would have been written in said font.

12 minutes ago, Amandared said:

If I'm remembering what was said correctly, Tara had made some comments about Victoria and those comments got back to TPTB who then cut her because of the comments.  Supposedly, the comments were likely less than flattering (and probably said out of stress, being upset, frustrated or something similar) though the reason for her cut was being distracted/not performing as a vet/weight/etc.  I don't know of any specific page, but someone with a better memory might be able to explain it more clearly than I.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

Tess and Shaina together as Golden Girls.  Liked Shaina as a blonde.

2D0CAC6B-84BE-4905-A89D-E534059D0077.jpeg

This has to more than just incredibly sad for all their family and friends  My condolences to those family and friends.

I feel horrible for Shaina and hope that she has the support she needs to help her through this, both now and in the future.  Even if she wasn't best friends with them, they were people she knew and it's always devastating to know that some of the people around you were killed, especially when they had JUST graduated from school.  I also hope that she uses Training Camp as a way to help her work through some of the issues that may arise and, if not a distraction, at least a way to focus on something outside of herself so she doesn't drown in the the emotions (especially if she knew the girls well).

If Kelli and TPTB use ANY sort of excuse as that Shaina seems "distracted", "less invested in Training Camp", "reserved" or anything else that could be attributed to this issue as a reason to cut her (or even saying outright that she should be cut to allow her time to heal and come back next year), then they should be slapped upside the head among other things.  Dealing with the fact that at least three girls you knew were killed is by far more traumatic than constantly being reminded that someone was an immature brat who gained weight and lied her way through Training Camp last year.

• Love 13
On 7/4/2019 at 4:09 PM, TennInTexas said:

maybe, just maybe we will see a similar conversation with VK in Kelli's office like Dayton got last year. Maybe K&J will sit her down and say "We will not tolerate that kind of behavior again and we don't care who your mother is- you will not tarnish our brand" kind of thing. I'm willing to give the show/TPTB the benefit of the doubt that something like this will happen. I personally think (even if it's scripted) this would go a long way with viewers who are fed up with the favoritism bull. 

But in the end, it's their brand. Their circus. But seriously- if you want drama CMT, make it happen. One little preview of what appears to be VK getting her ass chewed, and ya might just see a jump in ratings...

That conversation never happened. 

On 7/4/2019 at 4:45 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I would hope that she continues to work hard this year, and then comes back next year ready to defend her spot on the team, regain her spot on SG and prove that she could be a possible GL.

I don’t expect her to make final 36 this year. She will never make show group again no matter what she does. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, GuiltyJohn said:

I don’t expect her to make final 36 this year. She will never make show group again no matter what she does. 

Well, that's just great.  Is it deserved?

13 minutes ago, GuiltyJohn said:

That conversation never happened. 

Is this regarding Jalyn?

I may be remembering this wrong, but was it posted on here that MTT has a new production team this year? 

Just thinking out loud here, but if so, I wonder if K & C cleaned house because of the narrative the producers created last season (ie. showing the footage of VK being an ass and all the favoritism from Kelli and co. versus not showing any of it). I always had the feeling last year that the producers went a little rogue bc of some of what they aired. Or maybe they missed the memo (or just didnt care?) that they were to only represent VK in a positive light but instead zoomed in on her jiggly belly and runny mascara. They could have literally featured anything or anyone else but chose to air VK's awkward and immature office visits,commentary, etc. Basically what I'm saying is that they didn't feature her or TPTB in an ideal way and maybe that pissed K off enough to hire a new production team? I don't know. Kelli seems petty enough to go to such drastic lengths to protect her Kalina spawn.

Also, I always thought John Gault was part of the production team. He only showed up for the summer (filming) and then abruptly disappeared pretty much once TC wrapped. Maybe they got wind of it, didn't appreciate the leaks, then brought in new people for this year. Could partially explain why this summer has been so annoyingly quiet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5